333119posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February 2019 chemo starters

Hi everyone

Just popped quickly for a quick catch up. Tiredness/fatigue seems to be hitting a few of us the moment along with its associated side effects😪😪😪😪😠😠😠😠😤😤.

Hubby and I went to a huge garden centre about a 45 min drive from us. You may know it Sonia,  Otter Nurseries at Ottery St Mary. We bought a few bits there and had lunch. I came home absolutely cream crackered (knackered) 😪😪😴😴 and went to bed for a couple of hours🛌🏾. Anyway we're going out for a meal later so nothing to do except slap on a bit more make up and get changed.  

Enjoy the rest of the evening. xxxxx

Daisydi, I am fed up with myself so the remedy has to be a walk.

Trainers on next and into the woods 🎄🌲🌳🌲🎄

Rosina I am super irritable too.  Dont think a working environment would be great for me at the moment.  My sister has told me so many times that my toenails are revolting, yeh they are but dont you think I know!!!!! Anyway last night I went back at her and she said she was only joking!  So I cant take jokes anymore when it is chemo themed.  Spoke to a bc nurse today about my bone scan and said that if my appt isnt until end of Nov I probably would have been on hormones for about 6 months before anyone checks and I dont think its good enough.  She is going to ask my bc Professor if he will write a request out.  Also been trying to chase Social services about a visit to my mum so we can move her and neither person dealing with her are in today.  Also my own bc nurse wasnt in today, nor was she the last time I phoned so I am super grumpy ......

Crashed out on my bed.

Didn’t sleep well last night due to a police helicopter circling above us and the surrounding area for what seemed like ages. Hope they found whatever they were looking for 😬

Then woke up again at 2 am ( note to self: thermal vest when having hot flushes in the night is a BAD choice of sleeping garment 🤪).

Went to work and was very irritable (if another person tells me how my hair has grown back, how well I am doing - the cover teacher had this on repeat today ( Irish : you are doing well Miss! in front of the class) or how good I am looking I may just flip) but held it together ( although I did ask a colleague and friend if people expected me to lie on the floor with my legs in the air at any given moment 😂

PS Sonia I wore all black just in case!!!! 

Hi all, just the quickest of check ins.

I'm sat in the GP's waiting room with my Zoladex syringe, waiting for the nurse to get back from lunch so she can jab me

Depressingly that has given me enough time to read the side effects leaflet.  Kind of wishing I hadn't!

Susie.... my rads planning appt took forever but mine seems to have been different to everyone else's as I had a cannula (which took them over an hour to get in due to my rubbish veins) plus a CT scan in one building then a different scan in a different building then a long chat with the rads nurse.

Will post properly over the next couple of days.  Crazy busy at the mo

Love to all

Sarah x

Hi all, 

I had my Zoladex injection today, no major bleed this time so who knows why I did last time. She did do it very closely to my belly button this time, so who knows if that makes a difference. 

I then went to see orthopaedic about my arthritis in my wrists which had surprise surprise has deteriorated, it looks like I need an operation on both hands, I’ve asked for one last try with cortisone injections as I kind of want to get back to work and it’s 6 weeks in plaster each hand and then a month in splints. I never had an anaesthetic before last year, looks like I’m going make up for it now 🤪. 

I hope your all keeping well. 

Edinbird, I was tattooed and drawn on daily, don’t wear your best bras as it stains them 😬

Trixielady, I’m hoping to plan to get back to work in October, although the appointments are mounting up again for next month, so far I’ve managed to get them all on Mondays, which was my day off. I think I just need some normality back in my life, hopefully my body will allow me. 

Hope the rest of you ladies are having a  good day xx

Hi Edinbird 

Don't worry the pens aren't normal felt tip. My husband's work colleague found a particular moisturiser from Body Shop that removed them. Different colours were added at different times. I think my pre-planning appointment is a bit early too. Hopefully all will become clear on Thursday..

No idea how felt tip pen works since it would wash off! Or sweat off in my case! They didn’t say they were doing my armpit I asked but they said there’s nothing left there after the clearance so they need to go where the surgeon couldn’t. I’ll use the cream there anyway. I guess the examined me because my surgery was recent and so they wanted to check it was suitably healed.

Mine start on 23rd. It sounds really early for planning since you’ve not finished chemo but then I’m the wrong person to ask about that since I had a different order.

Hi Edinbird

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I signed the consent form when I saw the oncologist at my local hospital a couple of weeks ago. She went through the possible downsides of radiotherapy and informed me I would have 20 sessions, which included the boosters, on my bad boob, underarm, above my boob and the collar bone/neck area. She didn't look at my boob. On my referral form she informed them that my final chemo would be 20th Sept so I wasn't expecting to go to Taunton until after that date. Better for me in some ways as Paul is away for a few days from the 23rd. My son is around if I have any post chemo problems. 

Don't know if they'll tattoo me or use felt tip pen dots which is what they did for one of my husband's work colleagues. I'll keep you posted.  Have you got a start date yet or is that dependant on how well everything heals? Sorry if you've already said, chemo brain.

Take care and don't worry about off loading or being miserable on here. I go to some very dark places in the week or so after TC chemo when I am utterly exhausted so you are definitely not alone on that score. I recently saw a local news item about a man with terminal lung cancer who was planning his funeral, he'd even painted his coffin! I took one look at how gaunt he was and thought "That's my future". If I saw it today I probably would bat an eyelid. Fatigue really is a terrible thing and there is very little you can do about it😪😪😪😪😪.

Susie B xxxx 

Susie, my pre rads planning was an utter waste of time, I got lined  up...tats done....lots of faffing and butting, probably took about half an hour in total, but when I actually went into my very first rads appointment a few days later , the machine caught my elbow, so had the the process re done....hopefully this won't be the case with you...

love the nd story! Quite an experience for your hubby, and a comforting one I should think....xx

I had two appointments Susie. First one with the registrar to explain how many sessions, and to sign the consent form and general look at my boob and any questions. Then planning I was in for only about 20 minutes as I had to wait a short while - I was laid out in the machine and they drew on me went through the breathing did the scan and tattooed the dots. And strangely that counted as session 1 of 20.

I don’t know if they’d tattoo you whilst still on chemo? Have you signed the consent forms yet?

Hi everyone 

Quick question. I have my pre radiotherapy appt on Thursday and wondered how long it may take and what do they do? The appt is just for me. Is this appt the one they tell about the breath holding, I'm a lefty. When do they mark you ready for the zapping. Did you just have one appt prior to rads? Sorry should have started with 'Quick questions'🤔🤔🤔 

On the hair growth front my husband did ask recently if the straight hair on your head grows back curly does it have the opposite affect in the downstairs department (lady garden as some of you call it)?🤔😅😅😃😆.

Marlyn if my hair grows back like it did after FEC I'll be doing a double act with you at the circus🎪😃.

Leading on from the spooky/surreal  chat my husband had the ultimate near death experience. He was involved in a freak sailing accident on the Solent in his late teens during November. A large wave hit them and they were all thrown overboard. Most of the group decided to swim for shore but Paul stayed with a girl as he was the strongest swimmer, she was the weakest. It was getting dark and they weren't rescued for several hours Strong tide and darkness didn't help. Anyway Paul ended up with hypothermia and his parents were told he wouldn't make it. Before he came to Paul recalls walking towards some gates but his dad was stood in front of them urging him to turn back. Paul is still here to tell the tale☺. The other strange thing was that whilst Paul was in the water his twin sister who was out with a friend at the pictures suddenly felt incredibly cold. Weird or what?

And with that I'll love you and leave you as I sit outside enjoying the sunshine🌞🌞🌞🌞xxx

Nettienoo,

i take 2 as soon as I get up ( with a litre of water) then it's done, I decided to take the 2 at once to save the faffing about.

Now, the bum fluff.....whilst having rads I met a lady who's hair came back with a vengeance....I mean literally...her face especially...a covering with downy blonde hair, she told me this could happen in rare cases (!) Of course I am now convinced this is what awaits me, I have (again) this morning waxed some other areas of my face....oh eck!!! All my hair is growing back....even my noo noo......everything....arms are getting pretty hairy too....Think I'll have to run away and join the circus at this rate! Xx

IMG_2262.JPGIs this what you've been prescribed nettienoo?

Hi daisydi, mine's not itchy, just a bit sore, that's why I know it's not eczema. Just using sudocrem at the moment. Will keep an eye on it though as I don't want it to become infected whilst still on chemo. May mention it when I see onc next Weds. xx    

Hi Susie, Ive had so many different rashes I am now trying to think about the chemo one.  I was put on Loratadine (antihistamine)  to help with itching and you can get that from any pharmacy.  Every time I stop it I revert back to being itchy so I am still taking it.  Hopefully wont need it after this box.  I have had so many creams I cant remember what was for what.  Some were steroid creams which I didnt like using, there was a doublebase cream and an antibiotic cream when my ankle was really red, there was a 1% and 2% something then there was Rosina's recommendation for a little pot of something else( calendular or something like that).  Sorry not being much help.  If it is itchy I would definitely get antihistamines

Morning xx

Oops sorry Nettie!! There isn’t much football chat on here so I don’t know who people support! No one was expecting that were they? With most of our team injured and two keepers on the bench it was pretty amazing!

Husband must have preempted the curry as we assumed we’d eat the rest for breakfast but actually bought bacon when he went to the shop! So there is that. Had the usual sweaty night and everywhere stinks of curry from plenty of 💨 which is normal too! 😂 stretched my arm a bit in bed and it’s very sore around the joint today, so much so that it was difficult to get comfortable in most positions to sleep 😕

On the bumfluff chat, none here! Not noticed any unusual growth at all! Absolutely everything seems back to normal. My arms are certainly how they were before they had thinned out for sure. Had to buy some stinky cream for my armpit given I shouldn’t shave there now because of the lymphoedema risk and because the cord makes it super awkward too. And I have a full downstairs covering! The shorter bits on top of my head really started sticking up last night after I washed my hair. Will see what it’s like when I brush it might just need a little natural oil through it.

Still in bed now my arm isn’t so bad. Legs are a bit achy but I found a menopause website and it’s down to that apparently so I do feel better rather than thinking the T won’t leave me alone.

Nettienoo, you're welcome anytime. Thanks for the compliment. xxx

Morning everyone 

Edinbird, sorry about your take away meal. It seems as though it was pretty disgusting🤢☹. Chris is away this weekend so we really pushed the boat out and has an M&S £12 meal deal😀☺. Congrats to Norwich on their win against Man City. I'm a Southampton fan so won't be so chuffed if Norwich beat them.

Daisydi, I think I've acquired a strange rash similar to the one you had. I've got three patches, one on my shoulder blade, under my arm pit - not the operation side - and on my back. When the first patch appeared last week I thought it was caused by my new bra. It's definitely not eczema. Did you get any cream to put on it? Is it still there? Did it clear up by itself? Loving the chemo, it just keeps on giving☺☺😅😃😦😩😩☹. Sorry can't recall if anybody else got a rash or not.

Must get up now. Have a good day everybody. xxxxx 

Marlyn, the post FEC bumfluff is so weird isn’t it? I haven’t had it on neck (could still appear though) but have have it on face, arms and legs. I ended up shaving it off my legs about 3 weeks ago and thankfully nothing has reappeared so hopefully your neck waxing will have sorted it for good. I still haven’t got any underarm hair and a bald fanjita. Maybe my body is being kind and concentrating all the regrowth efforts on my head. I flipping well hope so. Ps It is Sodium c.....drug you mentioned that they are looking at putting me on. Is this the one you have to sit up with and take twice a day? 

Thanks for the glorious photos Susie. Your place looks so gorgeous, I may move in. Is that ok? 😁 xxx

Ps Edinbird, Manchester City are my team. You really deserved that win yesterday. City need to get their act together. Xx

Edinbird, what a barrying disappointment for you both. Takeaway sounded very yuk. I hope you haven’t had any follow on effect. X

Marlyn & hubby happy 34th Wedding Anniversary hope you had a lovely day xx

Just grumpy now. And Norwich beat Man City so should be really happy! Grr. Going to bed now. And my legs still hurt 😒

Edinbird sorry about your takeaway.  I just cooked a lovely steak and really enjoyed it.  Have Indian tomorrow ....

Lovely pics Susie.  My garden is shameful this year.  Just cant be bothered

This is all I have to say tonight 😡

E9EC99DC-99DF-456B-9F4F-D0142E335FB5.jpeg

Can't recall seeing 'The appearance of fine fluffy hair may occur on the face or neck ' in any of the side effects literature. Perhaps we should report it and get it added. Just had to deal with it the once after FEC, then TC  stopped anything else growing, for now. Do I need to get the scarves out Marlyn?

Some flowers for all of you.20190914_140254.jpgSun flower Teddy Bear20190914_140602.jpgSun flowers20190914_140618.jpgTallest sunflower20190914_140505.jpgHanging baskets still in bloom20190914_140702.jpg20190914_140735.jpgOlive in company of Petunias  

Thank you ladies, hubby is painting the bathroom but we did have tea cakes for lunch to celebrate...

It would appear I am growing a very hairy neck (?) it's fine and fluffy but there....so this morning I waxed my neck ( never thought I would ever write that sentence) but it's left me looking like someone has tried to strangle me, even mum in  law said....what on earth have you been doing?  Felt like saying it was auto erotic thingy!!! 🤣

Anyhoo......Rubi needs walking and I need to move my bottom......xxxxxx

Happy 34th wedding anniversary Marlyn and husband. Have a lovely day celebrating. Xxx

Hi everyone from a very warm and sunny Somerset 🌡☀️☀️☀️🌞.

I've loved all the recent chat. It's almost as though we're sat around a huge table letting the talk flow freely from one topic to another. And to think it only started with Daisydi asking " Why September weddings?". Will have to share some of our (me and Paul) spooky moments sometime. As for marriage, Paul's Dad told him not to get too involved with me as there were plenty of females in the RAF. My father-in-law was fine in the end with our relationship. Unfortunately he passed away just before our 3rd wedding anniversary. Actually my dad and mother-in-law both passed away around our wedding anniversary.     

Love the Harvest moon photos Daisydi. We saw it last night, quite spectacular.

Implausible, a meet up for coffee or something in London would be great. Perhaps we could arrange something nearer the time?  

Sonia, I've got messenger on my phone now. Will send details later

Must go as this was only meant to be quick drop in. Will talk more later. Enjoy your day everyone.

Love to each and every one of you xxxxx

Happy Anniversary Maryln xxxx

Hi Marlyn 

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband 😍💏💝. 

Have a lovely day.

Susie xx 

Morning lovely ladies 

Nettienoo pleased to hear actually how you are dealing with this side of treatment still hard but like you said hopefully it will settle and become easier, my days are pretty similar xx

Thinking about you all with all the different issues you have, I know how difficult it is choosing the right care home does you mam not qualify for CHC its just not far when families need to be putting in the extra. Before running the Day Centre I'd worked in a few Nursing /Residential homes and once our funding was stopped returned to another Nursing /Residential home only to find out whilst I've been off its  changed back to Residential only due to lack of nursing staff, I think I think i probably won't be back at work until early next year, seeing the surgeon again on 26 September for uplifting on good side. I still don't think I could cope with returning to work and be able to give 100% thinking about standing down yet again its far to stressful and the days are long but I find it absolutely wonderful and used to get a great deal of job satisfaction xx

69880674_10217259127821893_4845414865910628352_n.jpgBig harvest moon last night70181966_10217259127421883_7211869054900895744_n.jpgSunset before giant moon

Hi Sonia, I did go back to sleep after 2 hours of being online. When are you thinking of going back to work? I am going to speak to my GP about a phased return. I know I need a nap in the afternoons so I'll probably opt to come home by lunchtime. I just don't want to build up too quickly and then end up feeling rubbish.

Seaside, it’s horrid when you can’t sleep, especially when your brain won’t rest. Hopefully you managed to get back off to sleep. 

Mare you able to do phase return, but I know what you mean about worrying about going back, it’s definitely on my mind now xxx 

Well it's the middle of the night and I'm wide awake. 

Popped into school today and that always sends my mind whirring. I am hoping to return to work after half term but not sure how many hours I'll cope with in the beginning. Rosina, dropping a day sounds good if that is an option. I often wonder how I'll ever cope with full time hours again.

As for September weddings, mine was going to be in August but then it would have meant that a lot of people couldn't make it due to being on holiday so we opted for September instead. We were only 21 at the time but had been together since we were 16. We met at school during our A levels after I had just moved to MK. 

I haven't experienced anything which would suggest former lives, etc but have had premonitions via my dreams. 

Really need to try and get back to sleep now. This is what worries me about returning to work as I seem to have at least 2 or 3 nights a week where I am awake for hours. The other night I only slept for 3 hours in total. Not good. I went to the cinema the following day and slept my way through most of the Lion King. 

Hope you all have a good Saturday. I'll try not to spend most of mine asleep although at this rate I might have to.

Sar xxx

Evening,

interesting posts to catch up on.

Bonkers day today at work ( both support staff absent and various kiddies had wobbles) I ate my lunch when I got home at 5 pm.

Managed but seriously considering dropping a day instead of returning full time.

Went for a good walk to just re-calibrate as it was a glorious evening.

91F0DA4A-65AD-4809-9435-F6682B79E2DA.jpegMy friend was waiting

I too keep a very open mind. I also believe in premonitions and gut feelings .

I also have had dreams about events that have come to pass in the future.

Goodnight to all,

Rosina

PS I can come up to London on a Saturday or Sunday. If I get round to dropping a day I hopefully will have another option ( hopefully I can get Monday’s). Let’s see.

Hi everyone 

Just caught up with the posts since I popped in for a quick read whilst I was at the hospital. Spooky reading😨👻👽👽😱. Don't have night mares. 

Have a good evening xxxxx

wow ladies I am very open minded on this subject, I love hearing all the stories.

I meant to say the other day here is how you sign up to messenger without face book.

To use Messenger without a Facebook account:
  1. Download the Messenger app.
  2. Open the Messenger app, enter your phone number and tap Continue.
  3. Once you've confirmed your phone number, add your name and photo to get started. You'll have the option to sync your contacts so you can message anyone in your phone.
Can I sign up for Messenger if I don't have a Facebook account?

https://www.facebook.com › help › messenger-app

We are called February warriors, let me know the name you have signed up with, then I'll add you to the group, so we can still get our fix when the site is down xxx

I love that! I'm defo open minded....I've a couple of experiences I just can't explain....I have a strong sense of " being looked after" I just know someone or something has my back......doesn't stop me from worrying though! 

Wow Marlyn, that is pretty amazing. I do love to hear about these kind of experiences. In a slightly different vein...... In the 1980’s when my brother had a house in South East London, I wash washing my face in his bathroom one night and was tapped on the shoulder, turned around and was on my own. Turned back round to the basin and was tapped again. Never moved so quickly as i did out of that bathroom. I only told my husband at the time until my brother a year or so later told me that he thought the bathroom may be haunted as his little girl had run out of the bathroom crying and saying someone had pulled her plait while she was brushing her teeth. Spooky eh? I keep an open mind on all these matters. X😱👻 xxx

NettInoo,

i do believe in past lives, without sounding like a complete fruit loop I think I was in the First World  war, and in another life died drowning......also when we were young we had a family holiday in France and we all felt we had been there before, my sister and mum were even able to describe things in detail .....and later have these details confirmed when visiting them....it was all very odd and surreal...

another strange story was when my sister was about 10 she was playing on her own in our front room, she suddenly ran out screaming she had seen a man with shiny black boots black trousers with a red stripe down the sides , bright red coat and a big tall fuzzy black hat.....well....fast forward to 1985 , who was wearing that outfit in the same place my sister saw him? My hubby!! He was in his welsh guards uniform.......spooky or what?! 

Hi Ladies,

Edinbird, it makes me cross when they say you can refer yourself and then you can't. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Made me smile hearing all the reasons for why you all got married in September. we had to get married in July as football season finished, but be back from honeymoon in time for pre season training. 

Well they have given me so Naproxen for my hands, magic wand isn't helping, I phone the trial team to asked if I can continue with the Aspirin Trial, they have said I can stay on the Naproxen for  2 weeks, but did I want to try paracetamol first, err i tried that first. I've just requested what will hopefully be my last sick not for a while, I want to try and get back to work in October, hopefully my hands would have settled by then..

Marilyn, you make me smile. I love your sense of humour, and who knows who we were in our last life, my youngest sister when she was younger used to talk about things she'd seen and done, which were accurate but she had never been to those places. She did out grow it, they say young minds are more susceptible.

Netti, I hope you manage to sort something out for your mum, It must be a real worry for you.

Rosina, hope your managing to juggle the work/home life balance.

Sarah, I love seeing all the street art, I will defiantly be looking out for it in the future, its no something I ever knew existed to that degree. 

Seaside, i loved your photos, you look so happy, and looking good.

Trixie, Glad you had a lovely holiday, and i see you have brought back the weather, if only delayed for a while Smiley Happy

Well my cohort are graduating today, feeling a little sad I'm not there but also feeling like I need to get my life back in order.  I need to get back on track with the dieting, and exercise. I'm away again this weekend, but I'm feeling like I need to crack on with it all now. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend xx

Nettie yes I did she was very kind, advised me of some relaxation workshops they run but they’re either at 11am or 1pm which is not wonderful when my rads are at 8.30am 🙄 I might stop for the 11am one but it’s so long to sit around waiting feeling like you’re in the way and still having to think about cancer because of where you are. She also mentioned a menopause clinic but whilst she said I can self refer I looked online and seemingly you can’t... so I need to call the doctors again and ask if I can be referred. More hassle.

Not at all Marlyn, I think I lived in an Anglo Saxon settlement as a boy in a previous life. I went to a re-enactment of an Anglo Saxon once and had this very strange feeling of being somewhere very similar as a boy. Weird eh? 

Edinbird, did you have a chat with someone at Maggies? I haven’t been given any info about who I should speak to if I need to. Macmillan I suppose. I’m not surprised you are feeling down. It’s such a tough time for you. I hope you are able to do something nice this weekend. Xxxx

No need to apologise edinbird, this is our safe place.....I don't think anything could shock us anymore, I expect we've all changed somewhat.

We never had children, they just didn't happen for us, I look back and think maybe that was a good thing? I'll never know now....unless I wait until I'm 74  and go to India for fertility treatment ( like that silly woman in the news last week) I have to admit that the thought of child birth scares the hell out of me...perhaps I died in child birth in a former life? Now you all really do think I'm nuts!!! Lol 😝 

Well I feel positively boring and sensible compared to you lot! We bought our first house after I saved for a deposit (I was working first as Graham was doing his PhD and I didn’t pay into a pension in my first couple of jobs - funny how things work out eh) and then said right we can get married now - we had been engaged 5 years when we did. So picked later in the year as it would be less busy and after our birthdays. We have been together almost 21 years. And I’ve never been pregnant never wanted to be and never will with cancer and menopause as it stands. Unless I was not to be in the child’s life I would never dream of bringing one into this world where there is an increased risk of leaving it without a mother and it having to watch me die! Sorry that’s so morbid, I’ve never been maternal but I would have some sense of responsibility.

Sorry to lower the tone! Fed up at the moment 😔

Nettienoo.

My mum in law is a staunch catholic but thank goodness we get on like a house on fire ( strange saying)! 

In fact I'm taking her to see downton abbey in a bit..

Will you be on the clondrate? I'm in a routine with it now....I asked the nurse about going away and she said it doesn't hurt to miss some days...so that's a relief...

glad to hear your doi g ok....well....as ok as you can e with what you've been going through....xxxxx