62995members
331170posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Hi Nettienoo

I'll ask hubby about pot plants for shade, he's more of an expert than me. Does the area get any sun at all and how much watering are you prepared to do? 

Ps I’m having serious garden envy here. As there are people on this forum with obvious talents & know how in the gardening dept can I ask a quick plant related question please.....

Apart from ferns what plants/shrubs/flowers can I grow in containers in an area of courtyard that doesn’t really get any sun? TIA xxx

Hang in there Stuck at 14,

you will get through F7D5FBAB-9C73-40EF-8B79-4920C18A4EC1.jpegShe is 51 and a breast cancer survivor

Stuck at 14, just wanted to add my “hi” to the others. When I read your first post I just wanted to come and find you and give you a big hug so I’m glad you managed to rally round and head out. As the others have said we chat like mad here about all kinds of stuff not just the cr**py bc. Please stay with us if you are in need of support and a few laughs. Tell us a bit more about yourself and your family when you have time/feel like it. 

Lots of love. 😘

Hi seaside bar

I’m in the feel crap club too - I’m not as bad as the last T but yes deffo feel like I’ve been sat on by an elephant dizzy spells fatigue aches pains and the oral thrush - lovely to finish off my tastebuds I just love rinsing my mouth constantly. Omg I’ve discovered suppositories they are a revelation of constipated honestly no more tummy ache lol the little things ❤️❤️

MJB, 

I love madness, I’m so

jealous, it looked like great fun, you look fab by the way 💕💕💕 

Stuck....you go and relax...let your hair/wig/turban down....xxxxx

MBJ

Hi Girls

Here are some photos of the Madness video recording. It was great fun.actually to the RIGHT of the pink hat. IMG_20190521_100253.jpgI am just on the left of the pink hat!

IMG_20190521_100223.jpg108 Rockies on stage!

IMG_20190521_100315.jpgThat's me in the light hat, eyes closed as usual. Take rubbish photos.

Thank

MBJ

Hi Stuck at 14

I really hope you are feeling a bit brighter now. We all understand how impossible it is not to worry about the future even though logically we know worrying changes nothing. Have you thought about some counseling to help you talk through your worries (which are completely understandable). I find it hard to even remember what it was like to wake up as a non BC person. I can only imagine how hard it is for you to go through the upheaval of surgery and treatment whilst caring for your young children. I hope you have a supportive family and network of friends. Although none of us on this thread have met each other we can and do say stuff on here we can't say to anyone else, either because we don't want to or because they would not understand.

Please chat to us as much as you like we share mostly everything we feel physically and emotionally here. X

Sandra, I'm so sorry you didn't get a better response from Macmillan-there are grants out there I hadn't heard of. Rather than speaking to them on the phone would it be worth seeing if you could speak to Macmillan at your hospital to see if they can help? For example I'm a teacher and they told me of a charity who helps people who work in education. There could be something similar for people who go to church etc.

Also, I was a single parent when my daughter went to uni and she was given a grant from a local charity to help her-perhaps you could speak to someone who deals with the finances at your uni to see if they know of any grants?

I wonder if your local MP would be able to give you some help, perhaps he/she might know of charities/grants x

Aw you lovely lot thanks. I'm all dolled up now to go out with my mum- feeling better! I'm left boob yep- gather that means the breath holding?  

Hugs x

@Marlyn wrote:

Stuck at 14,

welcome darling, you can come along anytime you want. So you start the rads planning tomorrow? I'm just home from session 2... I have a month and a half to do, how long you got? I was surprised at the faff...the measurements are so precise! You left or right boob? Anywho, session 2 was quick! In and out like a sprout.....hope the rest are just as quick, but what I can tell you is rads is a walk in the park compared to chemo! 

Let us know how you get on? Will be interesting to compare notes....xxxxxx

Stuck at 14,

welcome darling, you can come along anytime you want. So you start the rads planning tomorrow? I'm just home from session 2... I have a month and a half to do, how long you got? I was surprised at the faff...the measurements are so precise! You left or right boob? Anywho, session 2 was quick! In and out like a sprout.....hope the rest are just as quick, but what I can tell you is rads is a walk in the park compared to chemo! 

Let us know how you get on? Will be interesting to compare notes....xxxxxx

Oh Stuck at 14 so sad to read your post.  Please come and join us if you need to chat.  We dont stop as you can see.  I really think it helps to share everything good or bad.  Yes get out of bed and go for a nice walk in the sunshine x

Hi stuck at 14, 

I can only imagine how hard it is going through all this cr*p without having 2 small children, my youngest is 14, and that’s hard enough. I’m glad you get support from the February group, they are a lovely supportive group, not afraid to say the truth when the *hit hits us. 

I have spent most of the day sleeping, which is unusual for me, but obviously needed. Take care of yourself xx 

Hi Stuck at 14

Oh sweetie, I feel desperately sorry for you. You will get through your low mood, I've just had a similar episode, we've all got so much to cope with and at times it seems overwhelming. You're not long out of your last lot of chemo and having to think about radiotherapy on top of everything else, I think anyone of us in the Feb group would struggle. It's good that you feel able to pop in and talk and you can be sure that we'll all be listening and be here for you. Try and get some rest - things always seem worse when you're tired. Take care. Virtual hugs also coming your way❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤Susie B

Hi everyone, popping over from December thread- although I started in mid Jan with chemo. I'm 10 days ish out of docetaxol and going for my radiotherapy planning day tomorrow. I've not left the sofa this morning and have just climbed into bed to have a massive cry about how lonely i feel and how unfair it is. I'm 35 and at the moment I cant shake the thought that I'm not going to make it to 45 or 50 or 60 and I'm finding it really really hard. I have two small children and all inwant in the world is to be here for them. But I actually came to say thank you all for sharing because it has made me feel a lot less lonely and I might even get up shortly. 

Hugs to everyone feeling low, better days are coming :-)

20190521_113357.jpgOur garden from upstairs20190521_113423.jpgRest of back garden

Sorry, got distracted whilst dusting. Photos not brilliant, look a bit pixilated. Anyway on the 2nd photo are bamboos and grasses leading to the pond. The seating isn't quite summer ready as we don't leave the cushions out unless there's guaranteed dry weather. The snow on the mountain is tumbling over railway sleepers which we put in about 18 months ago. 

Well

i was hoping to be a bit more positive today, but I have just slept all morning so far, I had another conversation where I feel like I’ve lied on the paperwork that came with drugs. Honestly I want to take it, but don’t want any other side affects, I now have to take it into the ward on my next visit, and they are going prescribe me something else. 

Ive read it word for word to Gp, nurses and oncologist. 

Seaside Sar, sorry your feeling yuck, I can sympathise with you. Hope the temp stays down. 

Marilyn, glad radio is going well and your LGFG was worth it xx 

Trixielady, I feel for you having weekly treatment, there’s no let up, rest for you. 

Sandra, please think about contacting council tax and others, they have to be seen to help you, as long as you are offering an amount they have to accept, as far as I’m aware. 

My own studies are on hold,  all my class are coming to the end and are about to graduate, I was so determined to continue and finish to begin with, now I’m not sure I have the fight to finish it now, time will tell, I’m lucky as mine is linked with work and working for the nhs I’ve been lucky so far. 

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well, my head is not working quite as I’d like today. 

Hi everyone 

Just a quick pop in to let you know I'm feeling much better this morning. You do wonder sometimes how long these down moments will go on for.

Trixielady I'm with you on the lots of posts, I find it difficult to keep up too and I don't think I can blame it on chemo brain anymore😨. Hope you get plenty of rest. Weekly treatment must get tiring.

Marlyn glad you enjoyed the LGFB session. Be interested to hear more about the eyelashes. They mentioned them at my session, are they the C ones specifically for people without eyelashes? They're new out and the reviews I read, only about 9 or so at the time, were a bit mixed. On the hair front it seems as though you're similar to me. My bald areas don't look quite so pink although that could be wishful thinking, and I've got some very fine white hair growing towards the front at the sides. Still intend to wear wigs and headwear until I can colour it again. Hope the next rads session goes ok.

Edinbird forgot to mention the other day that one of my options when facing redundancy was to transfer to Taunton which would have involved a longer commute for me. Decided against it in the end, work/life balance took presidence.

Will be back later, need to get on with housework. xxxx   

Good to hear from you Seaside Sar.  I was getting worried about you.  Sorry you are not feeling too good.  Im ok today day 2, looking forward, not, to day 4 when all my rubbish kicked in last time.  Lovely day here today too.  Hope you feel better real soon xxxxx

Good morning my beauties,

Thanks for the messages. I'm so sorry I've been absent for a few days but the dreaded T has done its worst on me again and left me feeling like I've been sat on by an elephant. I have literally slept my way through most of the weekend and then yesterday the pain set in. Had a high temp with headache all afternoon and evening leaving hubby stood by my side with the thermometer and my hospital bag. It got to the stage where I said I was too tired to go to the hospital so I fell asleep and woke up to a respectable 36.6 Yay!

As if that's not enough, I've also got major work worries as my school is due to be taken over by an academy chain from September so there will be a TUPE process. 

Anyway, it sounds like you lovely ladies are having a time of it as well. Side effects, neutrophils, job worries....I wish I had a magic wand and could make it all disappear. I have just read through all of your posts wanting to have a good old blub. Man, this all sucks!

Sorry I can't be more positive at the moment. I am going to make the most of the sunshine today and hope the side effects ease off. Hoping for a good day for you all as well.

Loads of love

Sar xxx

Morning,

gosh, so much to read up on! Will take a good look later just about to go on my rounds...

rads went ahead...all body parts in correct position, but such a faff! Got it all again at 2, ah well....at least it's not chemo....

LGFG was nice, got a smashing goody bag, haven't had a chance to look properly through it yet....the lady did my eyebrows...but...oh dear! She gave me slugs!!?? I found it a struggle sitting there with the slugs ...kept getting glimpses in the mirror...on an interesting note...to all of us who don't have eyelashes...look up eyelure....from boots or Amazon......got a pair coming today...will let you know..

who was asking about hair?  I'm getting a white fuzzy peach coming through...still a lot of pink scalp showing though....

got to trot...xxxxx

Morning lovely ladies

There's so much going on, on here I just can't keep up reading it all. 

The weather looks good up her this morning so will have to drag myself out of bed soon.

Fingers crossed we all have better days this week, weekly Taxol, 3 weekly herceptin still chucking out side effects just been advised to rest more xx 

Got it.  Thanks for the explanation Sandra.

I knew there had to be some reason why the seemingly obvious solution wasn't so obvious....

Banks (re overdraft...) and councils (re council tax) are both usually open to repayment negotiations/freezes.  I have been in very deep financial difficulties in the past and found them both surprisingly reasonable/helpful when I went to them cap in hand.  

So still worth considering the options, I think, given that dropping the student status would open a lot of other doors.

It feels like such a complex problem to unravel and I'm sure right now you simply don't have the energy to do so Smiley Sad Smiley Sad  which is why it is frustrating that you aren't getting much help from Macmillan or the CAB, people whose entire job it is to negotiate these complicated waters for you....

Wish i could help more!

Edinbird, lay it on thick at the assessment on Friday. Having to attend interviews and making such big decisions during treatment is not on at all. Hopefully the powers that be will see sense. 😘 x

Daisydi, another one down. Doing a happy dance for you. (Well,  I’m actually lying in a currently rather sweaty bed, early hours, just imagining doing one but will attempt properly in the morning.) 😉 xxxx

Sandra, The prospect of all those repayments suddenly coming into force must be terrifying but aren’t there people that can negotiate really long term affordable repayments on your behalf? Sorry, I’m a bit clueless on financial stuff to my absolute shame, so just take a deep breathe and ignore me if I’m totally wrong.  I can’t see there is any other option for you at the moment than to deregister and start to claim some benefits for now until you find a job. Is V registered as a full time student too? Xx

@Implausible wrote:

Daisydi - congrats!!!  Another chemo bites the dust Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Sandra.....  I remember you saying before that the main thing getting in your way for funding/help is that you are registered as a student.  Maybe I am over simplifying (I'm sure I am) but surely now is the time to de-register and defer your studies to a future date when everything is more settled?  There are more important things at stake here.... you can always come back to your studies later?  What am I missing?

If I cancel my student registration the council will demand £2,000 in council tax that we do not have to pay as students and the bank will demand the immediate payment of my £2,000 overdraft from a student account that immediately reverts to a normal bank account. Plus, it would still have to pay what I owe to the university Smiley Sad

It was just unfortunate 1 year sepsis+loss of kidney+cancer+redundancy= big trouble

That's what I was thinking Sarah about deregistering as a student.  I used to get carers allowance when I looked after my mum and she got attendance allowance.  A friend of mine has just had to use universal credit as she lost her job.  She gets £125 a month!

Where is Seaside Sar.  Hope she is ok??

This chemo lark is ridiculous.  I have only just eaten my dinner and it's 10 o'clock.  God knows what time I'll be going to bed

Daisydi - congrats!!!  Another chemo bites the dust Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Sonia....  I'm now worried at the fact that I never read the leaflets with any of my medicine, eeek!  Foolishly assuming that the docs know what they are doing.  Well done for spotting that contraindication Smiley Surprised

Sandra.....  I remember you saying before that the main thing getting in your way for funding/help is that you are registered as a student.  Maybe I am over simplifying (I'm sure I am) but surely now is the time to de-register and defer your studies to a future date when everything is more settled?  There are more important things at stake here.... you can always come back to your studies later?  What am I missing?

Hi everyone, here am I complaining and you are all going through the mill!

Oh my God!

OK, trying to reply to everyone, sorry if I am forgetting someone, I have not been sleeping for a long time and I am beaten!

Rosina, I do no qualify for Universal Credit because I am registered as a full time student, and thus, cannot be registered anywhere else, including as a carer. And I am really sorry about you went through, things like that happening have no excuse and it is quite worrying!

Implausible and Jencat, I have been speaking with Macmillan, but they say that there is nothing they can do, they have pushed me for the Citizens Advice that tried to give me a list for homeless people and foodbank, and pushed me back to Macmillan, who cannot do anything.

Church is a no-no. You see, I was working for Methodists, but I am Anglican and my church is nearby, but since I have changed parish three times for the past 5 years, there is no deep connection with anyone, plus, this is an impoverished area with more pensioners than pigeons, and the Methodists cannot even look at me after what they have done.

Edinbird, Sonia, Stargazer, Netienoo, Susie, Implausible, Rosina.... I kept looking to the screen, you are going through hell!

But isn't there any relief, anywhere?

Curse!

I have just check the websites for crowdfunding, but yes, they work when you have a huge list of contacts, which I do not have, so, no more ideas.

Who knew that I would have such difficulty finding a job anywhere!

Rosina I am eating a lot of healthy stuff but then I know you are too.  I healed really quickly from my 3 surgeries too and I am convinced that it has a lot to do with my Nutriseed superfood shake which I started taking last year after my beloved Molly springer spaniel died aged 15.  She was my real pal and almost like a daugher to me and I was so down that I needed a pick me up.   It has about 12 superfoods in it and I always add blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, banana and almond milk.   Wouldnt surprise me if that and my mums dementia was the start of all this barrying mess but I'll never know.  By the way they were 7 last time and then went down to almost zero and my last chemo is 10th June!

Sorry your chemo has been delayed Rosina and as for injecting yourself in the ladies words fail me. Not the most hygienic of places. Knowing my luck I'd have been seen and mistaken for a junky💉Couldn't a nurse do it for you? I can honestly say I wouldn't be able to inject myself. Glad you and your mum are ok now. Talking of which my mum sent an email earlier which included telling me for the third time that my cousin in Nottingham was in Luxemburg when we were in France. I Give up.    

Well done Daisydi, what a neutrophil count !!!The highest I have ever been was 3.9 and that was for my 1st dose. Have been on the slippery slope ever since ☹️

Well good job I'm kind of on the ball today. I rang the GP today to get new medication for my oral thrush, by the time I managed to pick up prescription 5 pmish, read the info. Which states DO NOT take with Docetaxel, so rang back GP who said yeah yo can take it. So I then said maybe I would ring Oncology to check, and he said maybe that would be a good idea, as he cant prescribe anything but nystain. Rang Oncology, they said don't take it and they will get someone to to contact me tomorrow. ( after trying to get hold of someone on call.) So still have manky tongue with no taste buds but hey I'm getting used to it now.

Rotten news on the delay Rosina, but better to be safe.

Families are interesting, I had a text from my sister last week asking if she could contact me, and am I still not working Thursday and Friday, I haven't been in work since December.  She lives in Reading so I don't see her often, but we have talked about my treatment quite a few times. She then asked am I enjoying my break from chemo !! at that stage I gave in.

well off to drink lots as my throat is now sore, so hopefully with flush it all through. xxx 

Great stuff Daisy! I’d rather not think about the job stuff but until I can get exempted from interviews and I’m still working I have to... fingers crossed the assessment on Friday finds I can’t be interviewed in the midst of all this.

number 5 done and dusted whoop whoop.  Just have to keep those nasty reactions away now.  My neutrophils were 6.8 today.  Got more steroids and wbc injections to do this time.  Only one more!  Edinbird I dont think its right for you to be trying to think about your future job prospects while you are dealing with this barrying stuff.  You wont be able to think straight with all thats going on.  Im starving, only had toast and marmite this morning and just go back.  I am having pizza too.  My treat for having chemo.  Hope everyone is ok.  Love to all of you xxxx

Thanks for the thoughts guys xx

There is a Macmillan centre here but the one time I contacted them they took ages to come back and it seems like it’s one very harassed woman trying to do too much on her own... might have just caught at a bad time maybe but it wasn’t much help, I wanted to ask about my rights when I initially wasn’t getting much support for continuing to work.

I think Maggie’s are a better option here but I’m not sure what they offer from a work perspective. I know they do general counselling. I tried online and phone counselling before but I just end up using it as a sounding board and wanting decisions made for me, I never come to any conclusions. I might see if there is anything more work related. Until I know if chemo has worked and what the options are I don’t have anything to discuss, just stuck in limbo at the moment.

Had a shower anyway you’ll be pleased to know! Wish the sweats would just go away! This evening need to go over my job forms then I can send them tomorrow and then we have to watch Game of Thrones... get to have pizza with that!

Sandraindurham,

surely you must qualify for Universal Credit 

https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/eligibility

do have a look and place your application.

It is all done online,

Rosina

Oh Rosina so sorry to hear your blooming neutrophils have set you back yet another week!!  they really aren't behaving themselves!!! Smiley Sad Here's hoping that the injections do the trick.  Not nice that you had to inject yourself in the hospital loo!  you'd have thought a nice nurse might have volunteered to help.....

As for life coaching..... that is usually more of a professional / career / achieve your success goals kind of thing (so - yes - you're right - might be good for Edinbird) - but maybe in the context of the hospital they are coming at it from a different kind of tack?

My post to Sandra seems to have reappeared now - a few posts down - which is good as it saves me retyping it.  In summary I'm not convinced crowdfunding is the best route in this case, explanations below....

Susie I'm sorry to hear you are in a down spell - hope it passes soon and you can continue to enjoy the feeling-physically-better bit x

Hi Ladies 

back from the Hospital. Another week’s delay as blood test results indicated neutrophil count up to 1.0 from 0.9 last week. 

I have been sent home with 3 WBC injections ( had to do one today myself in the ladies at the hospital after seeing the oncologist) then 2 more .

Back for a blood test next week Tuesday .

I have no control over this  🙃obviously this horse tranquiliser of a drug must be quite a zapper!

Sandraindurham, you need the GoFundMe website.

Mum and I are ok now, thanks for everyone’s input - she is more subdued today. Some kind lady bought her a bottle of water in Boots (she is very touched by the gesture) said she had been feeling dizzy in there . She had been reading till midnight last night !! She doesn’t have to. I told her the hospital was very busy and she agreed that it was much better for her to stay put as she cannot cope with noise and crowds.

Implausible glad you are feeling better.

Edinbird does your Macmillan Cancer Center offer ‘Life Coaching ‘ ? 

As I am back up there at my centre next Tuesday I asked them what is on offer on a Tuesday. The massage and reflexology which was on offer was all booked up , Yoga clashes with my oncologist appointment so the only thing available was Life Coaching ( 1 slot left) as I haven’t got a clue about what it is , I took the slot. It’s a 30 minute drive to get to the hospital and it seems more worthwhile when I do something more than a blood test and a 5 minute chat with the oncologist.

Hugs to all,

Rosina

@Nettienoo wrote:

Implausible, I’m glad it’s not just me that upsets them! 😁 x

indeed!

I noticed that your rogue post did eventually resurface so hopefully mine will too, otherwise I'll have to type it all again...

PS your Madonna comment made me laugh out loud!

Implausible, I’m glad it’s not just me that upsets them! 😁 x

SusieB, {{{{{{hugs}}}}} my darling. Xxx

Well that's annoying.  I wrote a reply to Sandra with advice but it has been marked as spam and removed.

Hopefully it will pop up later once a moderator has checked it and realised it is ok....

Nettie.... really glad you are moving out of the grotty phase of your cycle.  I think I am too.  Definitely feel a lot better than yesterday and I've even got some housework done.  How exciting! Smiley Happy  who would have thought that the highlight of my day would be hoovering Smiley Happy

Marlyn I really hope that the rads are going better this time!

And Daisy that #5 is going well...

Hi everyone

Trying to keep up with all that chat but there's loads. Haven't  been feeling my usual self  since yesterday so have, in the main just read the posts and given out lots of ❤❤❤. I thought having a break from chemo would be brilliant but at the moment I'm being reminded of what it feels like to be normal -  no fatigue, no injections, food and drink taste fine, no cold capping, etc, etc but realising that things are nowhere near normal. I've still got Barrying bc, still got surgery to come, more chemo CT ☹, rads and goodness knows what else. Guess I'm just having one of those 'moments' and hope it passes soon🤞. Funnily enough someone mentioned about support or lack of of it the other day regarding looking after our mental health. Our hospital has a system whereby the bc nurses pass on your details to a team within the hospital at certain times, ie just prior to chemo starting, or in my case, between end of chemo and prior to surgery. Someone will phone at a pre arranged time and we are given the opportunity to chat, ask questions,etc. I had one such call on Friday and as I felt ok it was more or less a case of being reminded that help is there if we need it. Yeovil hospital will provide this support for as long as we need it, when we need it. Even in 10, 20 30, years time. If I'd had that call today it would have been helpful. I know I can contact them today if I wish but I'll see how I go. Also I've got PICC care Weds so will have the opportunity to talk to a bc nurse then if I want. On the bright side our son is away over the bank holiday weekend so me and hubby will have a but more 'us time' prior to my next phases of treatment😊. 

Anyway enough of me feeling sorry for myself😢😩☹.

Glad I'm not the only one to have boring one way conversations, if that's what you can call them, with mother. Even if we point out we don't know who's she talking about, or she's already related the story before we have to show diligent interest. My hubby often says she's on send not receive. I know she's 87 now but she's always been like it. She even does it when she sends emails aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!.

Sorry you're having to make such difficult decisions Edinbird. I had a similar experience when we were faced with redundancy during 2011/12. It was terrible then and I was fit and healthy at the time, but still ended up on meds for anxiety. Luckily, for me taking redundancy worked out ok for me as I was able to take my civil service pension and sadly my Mother in law passed away soon after, and Paul got his inheritance so we were able to pay off our mortgage. You're still young so this may prove to be the time when you reassess your career opportunities and ensure you get the life/work balance we all crave.

Stargazer1 as I mentioned yesterday it was good to hear from you. It's such a shame you've had a rough time of it. That's the problem with this chemo lark we never know what's going to hit us next. I'm one of a small group on here that's having chemo prior to surgery. I've just had 4 rounds of FEC (I'm on a trial), and faired pretty well on it. Due to have 4 rounds of TC which I'm not looking forward to, after surgery. Hope you continue to get better and keep in touch. We do wonder and worry about people who have dropped out of the forum. Take care xx

Must love you and leave you. Will be back later for a catch up with everyone either tonight or tomorrow as at the moment I can't remember who said what. Oh! Thanks for the photos Ocean21 they did help cheer me up a little yesterday☺. All the Best xxxxxxx   

Oh Sandra Smiley Sad

I'm so sorry that things have got to breaking point

The problem with online based crowd funding is that by definition you need to rally the attentions of an online crowd who have a personal connection with you.  And if you aren't an active member of any busy online communities then that is going to be tricky

I'd definitely follow Jencat's advice and contact Macmillan as a first resort.

And then I'd think about what other - offline - communities you have been a big contributor to.... the obvious one being the church.   I know that things didn't end well in terms of your relationship with the *leadership* of the church but you must still have friends in the congregation?  Is there the possibility of a collection/ fundraising effort there?

The other option is the university.  Again bypass the people in charge who have been less than helpful and appeal to the student body directly via your friends there?  Students love a fundraiser!

I don't think that a GoFundMe is necessarily your best course of action.....

But call MacMillan today!  I am sure they will have some options x

Hi gorgeous ones! 2nd attempt at posting. Did a really long one early, just about to post, door bell rang, got distracted, lost post...grrr.

I’m currently out of my grotty couple of days. In the 7-14 days dodgy bit now. Determined to stay infection free, as don’t want anymore delays. I think I may be the last one to finish chemo? I didn’t start until 27th Feb and, with no more delays, I could have my last on 24th June. I’m not silly enough to get my hopes up though. 

Marlyn, how is rads going/gone? Hard to lie there feeling so exposed and vulnerable but you will cope with your usual humour I know. Quick question for you actually, I know you had 4 FEC with a reduction in amount. Did your hair start growing back before that? I’ve got a def fluff sprouting and am now worrying FEC is doing nothing but it did give me low wbc last time so may be it is? 

Stargazer. So glad for update. Sorry you have been suffering. We are always here when you need us and nearly there with your chemo. 🙌🏻. 

Sonia, that barrying oral thrush. Do you only get treatment when it has already started or is there some med you could you start having early to ward it off next time? Horrendous thing to have to keep coping with. Does it clear up in between cycles? 

Edinbird, wise words from ImplausibleSarah earlier. You can only try and keep all options open for now, take each day at a time as how you are feeling about life/jobs/wellbeing etc will change. It’s hard to think of a time when we may have the motivation and energy to do more at the moment though. I think you have managed fantastically well keeping up with work matters and your life so far.

Implausible, omg! How you stayed calm with a temp that high I don’t know. I’d have been on my way to get assessed. I think that’s a lesson for us all. If it’s just a high temp and we feel ok we probably will be if we can just take action to cool down and not panic. 

Rosina, your mother! Bless her! 🙄. Been there myself. You’re are a flipping saint for not losing it completely under the circumstances. You will laugh when you look back. 

Ocean, beautiful images.....that walk through the trees on your photos. I want to be there. It looks so magical and peaceful.

Daisydi, I think a lot of our worries are similar. On the plus side, even with all the rubbish going on in our lives we still have so much more going for us than Madonna. That woman has no dignity left. 🙈 

S & V, I’ve participated in crowdfunding only by donating. Does V have any friends that could help set something up? I think there is a website called Go fund me? Probably others. I expect you go on the website and follow instructions but you probably need Facebook to spread the word about the fund. If you can find some way or someone to do it for you at the very least, it would draw attention to your predicament. If you got something on to Facebook somehow, I could definitely help with the sharing. I’m just not savvy enough to help set the process up. 

MBJ, Madness, I saw them getting off a train from London at Stafford station about 3/4 years ago on their way to V Festival. They hadn’t changed. I recognised Suggs straightaway. Will you have to wear baggy trousers to perform? 😂

Seaside, I couldn’t see a post over weekend from you sweetie but maybe I just missed it. Hope all ok. 

Deano, I think there was an update from you about how rough things have been. Special hugs coming your way. X

Love to you all. 

Thanks for being there. Xxxx

Hi Sandra,

I'm so sorry to read about your situation. I'm from the Oct '17 thread. I'm sorry, but I don't know how you go about crowdfunding or Justgiving, but I'm sure that someone will be along soon who does. Just wondered if you'd thought about contacting Macmillan, they might be able to help you? They have financial advisors and I had a Social Worker, who was very knowledgeable about grants/charity help that I might be entitled to x

In need of help, please?

Hi all, taking stock of my situation yesterday I realised that since this ordeal started, loss of job which was my life saving, I ended up with no money to help V or to face our daily expenses, so I had to dig into the money to pay for my university fees.

Short story, I have used the £2,500 for this and if I do not manage to get it and pay those 'lovely people' that turned down my request for help, they will send bailiffs and make a lot of trouble, and I cannot let V knows about all this.

I saw that people sometimes use crowdfunding for these situations, but I have no idea how to do it, especially because my social media life is tiny (I don't even have Facebook) and my Linked In and Twitter account just has a few contacts.

Does any of you have any experience in crowdfunding? or how to start this?

Waiting for my oncologist appointment at the Macmillan Cancer Support Center. I have found a lovely book to look at. It is full of photos and personal statements. I took a snap of one that I liked 2AEBF859-F15E-4E98-86C4-028E9C318AE6.jpeg