62283members
327911posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February 2019 chemo starters

Daisydi, sat in my caravan smiling after reading your post. You deserve life to start being kind now. I’m sure this is the start of things looking up for you. Xxxx

Well done Susie for finishing chemo.  Hopefully in a few weeks you will feel normalish again.    Regarding rads yes the pen does get on your bras so dont wear white but it wasnt a problem with my black ones.  I used to put the Aloe Vera gel on straight after treatment when the skin was hot as I had a long journey home.  That gets on everything too!

Well I have done the deed and paid the holding fee for mum's new care home.  Social services have at last served the 28 day notice so she will be moving on 11th October.  They are going to put in new carpet which we can choose and I am now out searching for nice things and plants etc. to put in there.  I feel really excited.  The manager said they will definitely get her into the lounge but even when she isnt she will have a nice environment to be in with windows that open and fresh air.  I feel so relieved that we are doing this.  One of the staff at the old care home said yesterday that she knows their voices and they remember her when she was walking around but to be honest they have had a lot of new staff lately and I am sure the staff at the new home are just as nice.  We both really feel that this is right.  What with the treatment I had and this decision about mum I feel I have had a large weight lifted off my shoulders.  I can almost walk at normal pace now

Thanks Susie - I bought that Aloe Vera gel last week as it happens. I’m getting given two creams so I’ll just use what I’m told unless it doesn’t work and the Aloe Vera if it gets red. Sounds like I might need to do the cream when I get back and at night.

Didn't know about the bras, I’ll wear a black one on Monday and see what happens. I’m not in soft bras! The ones I had after surgery I hated and were tighter than a lot of my others so I’ve been back in my normal wired ones for weeks now. I really don’t want to buy yet more, maybe I’ll just skip them for a while at home. Interesting about the belt, just assumed the dots were the only things needed to line up! I’d be concerned that the belt would be in a different place on different jeans... I had leggings on for my planning.

Glad all the chemo stuff is done for you fingers crossed you can stay well until the rads start xx

Hi Edinbird 

I did start a reply to at the hospital but was interupted by a wee stop🚺🚽 and PICC removal and phone decided to dump everything, so let's start again at home on my tablet. Some things I was told yesterday have already been mentioned but just to recap - 

• Wear old bras or ones you're not bothered about as they will be drawing all over the place.
  • Moisturise morning and and night but you may need to check the morning one as your appointments are early and the moisturiser needs to well absorbed.  Don't use anything with lanolin in it, at least I think thats what she mentioned. If the area gets very dry top up during the day.
  • If the area starts to go red - my team will look out for it - then use Aloe Vera from Holland and Barrett, I think she said 95% or 99% concentration. Sorry loads to remember. She also said  best of all is to get an Aloe Vera plant and use the gel from that. Or there's stuff you can get on prescription if necessary.
  • Wear soft bras, which is what we're doing anyway. If the area gets too sore or weeps use hankies, we don't own any so socks or soft loo paper will have to do. Go braless if you can. 
  • At my planning I wore a pair of jeans with a belt and was advised to wear a belt on each occasion. Easy for me as I live in jeans during the cooler months. Apparently this helps to ensure exactly the same position from the lower back upwards. Who knew everything had to be so precise.  

I think that was all. I'll be thinking of you as start rads on Monday. I start on the 21st Oct so will be starting when you finish. xxx

Thanks Trixielady, we are only taking the caravan less than an hour away and we just plan to vegetate when we get there. My daughter and her boys might pop out to see us there tomorrow so may be a bbq will be on the cards. As for Amsterdam, yes it’s my belated 60th celebration that was cancelled in May. In the interim period one of the group of friends we are going with has had his 50th so it will be a joint celebration. I know I won’t be able to keep up with all the shenanigans but will do as much as I can. Sounds like you are going to be busy with appts. I hope they all go well sweetie. Xxx

Daisydi so sorry to hear about your mams situation, where actually are you because its my understanding that sharing rooms is old hack and homes that don't come up to new standards have to change or close and the homes I've worked in have had key codes on the doors for clients protection and we always try to encourage all clients to join in with activities those that don't come along to the lounges we check on regular with or without staffing issues as they still need drinks regularly , have you discussed your situation with the CQC?? Hopefully your mams new home will meet her care requirements xx

Seaside sar, I'm on letrozole and I'm sure numb fingers or pins and needles are a couple of the side effects its irritating. Hope you enjoy your hockey and hope you don't miss your daughter too much and good luck for her final year xx

Nettienoo hope you have a lovely time at the caravan and then next weekend in Amsterdam did you say it was a belated birthday treat?? Xx

Hi SusieB 

Pleased to hear your last Chemo went well and your PICC line is getting removed bet you can't wait for a proper shower. I bet they loved your goody bag and yes chemo brain is crap but I've also found it helpful at times, so what's next for you?? Xx

Hi Deano, so sorry to hear about your family situation its heartbreaking, its difficult to not think to much about our own situations at times like this. I pleased you rads are going well. I noticed your on Tamoxifen, I'm getting all the same side effects one Letrozole some days are easier than others to cope with them. Good luck for the remainder of your rads. Big hugs hope you've got the strength to cope with this barry journey and what's happening around you sending love and strength Xx I see my bc surgeon on 26th September, osteoporosis nurse on 30th and my oncologist on the 4th so keeping my fingers crossed xx

Back again everyone 

My PICC line has just been removed, not painful or uncomfortable🙂. Need to keep wound area dry for a couple of days then can shower without the waterproof cover. Happy with that.🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗.

Deano, lovely to hear from you. I often wonder how things are going for you. I'm so sorry about your family member. As you say this cancer business is such an emotional roller coaster.

Good to know that you are coping well with radiotherapy. I will be giving Edinbird a few tips I received yesterday, some maybe a bit late for you but if you get redness from the rads get aloe vera from Holland and Barrett, high concentration or better still get an aloe vera plant and use the gel from the plant.

Take care and no need to apologise for not popping in for a while. Talk when you feel ready.❤❤❤❤❤

Hi everyone 

Thanks for the good wishes regarding my final chemo session. Had my final T🙂. Onto the C when had my flush through. Definitely having PICC removed today 🤗. Brought in a goody bag for the staff today. They've been brilliant all the way through my treatment. Going to write my next posts to some of you individually can't get split screen on my phone and chemo brain is causing me to misspelling things at the moment☹.

xxxx

Good morning lovely ladies,

First of all, good luck to our Susie with the last chemo today! You've done so well. I'll be thinking of you and sending lots of virtual hugs ❤

Lovely to hear from Deano - sorry about your sad news. Good to hear you're getting on ok with Tamoxifen. I also find it affects my joints, especially when I've been sat down or lying down for a while.

Sonia, congrats to your son on the sports awards. You must be very proud. As for numb fingers, I haven't had that but mine are very sore and prone to infections. I've also had pins and needles in my left hand. The nurse who did my Herceptin yesterday suggested I might have carpal tunnel in my left arm. I'm not convinced though.

Nettienoo, I can totally sympathise with the lack of energy and sore toes. I've banged my toes several times and ended up with blood everywhere and missing nails. Nothing broken though, that must be really painful. You poor thing. I hope you have a lovely weekend at the caravan. The weather looks good for it.

Marlyn, 3 hours in the car.... I feel for you. Hope you manage to enjoy a bit of your time in Cardiff at least. Don't fall asleep during the church service 😂

Sarah, my sleep is still rubbish. Woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep until after 5am. God help me when I have to get up for work. Love the hairstyle you're aspiring to. Even like the star but I know you said you're not having that. Are you off to the hockey this weekend? We've got Hull tomorrow. They beat us last weekend back to back so I don't hold out much hope.

Daisydi, so sorry you're going through such turmoil with your Mum. It must be very upsetting for you all. Sending big hugs ❤

Rosina, well done on getting the 4 day week approved. I just don't know how I'm going to cope with full time work in the near future. In the meantime, my ideal job has been advertised. It's an early years teaching role, part time in a small school. Just what I need but unfortunately I can't afford to take the paycut. It's really upsetting me. 

Busy weekend ahead with hockey Saturday and taking daughter back to uni for her final year on Sunday.

Hope everyone else is OK.

Sar xxx

Nettienoo, we're back home tomorrow afternoon/night. I've just put me makeup on and hope my eyes cope with the mascara, I haven't worn eye makeup since February.....

the lunch is a rather stuffy affair with retired colonels and yaar yaar types.....I just know I won't be able to keep up with the small talk, and I'm worried my face will show it, I'll be fighting the urge to say " who cares! I've had a c r a p year if your interested " but of course I won't.....I'm pretty well trained...lol xxxx

Nettie I once broke my little toe when I stubbed it hard on the corner of a bookshelf (when I was stomping in a bad mood Smiley Happy )

I did go to hospital, had it x rayed and confirmed as broken, but you are quite right they didn't actually do anything.  Don't think you can put your toe in plaster or in a sling Smiley Happy  They just told me not to drive for 2 weeks as the pain might put me off braking , and then just wait for it to get better.

It eventually did.  

Marlyn, when are you back home again? Will you be able to climb into bed for a bit when you get home? I’m with you totally on the mind wandering bit. I do it all the time and then feel so rude as I just can’t remember what people have been talking about. I must sit there smiling and nodding like someone demented. I’m sure people realise I’m not listening because my husband picks up on it. 😬. Well done for being there to support your husband though. I’m sure he appreciates that even though you are spending time away with the fairies. Xxxx

Trixielady, I’ve gone back through the posts but can’t find your post/or what someone had commented about you. Are you finishing/starting something? I know there was something I wanted to say......useless aren’t I? 🙄😂.

SONIA, how could I have forgotten to comment on your phone all. No BRAC. That is  such good news. 😘😘😘

Nettienoo,

totally with you on the lack of energy front, we're currently in Cardiff and I'm not coping too well with the walking.....The 3 hour car journey yesterday left me hobbling like an old lady, it's pants! This morning it's a church service followed by lunch, I'll need a block and tackle to get me moving....

I can't even begin to imagine going to the gym, implausible.....you're a machine! I very naively thought after chemo I would be bouncing back, another thing I've noticed is my mind wanders off when talking to people, I have to concentrate on what they're saying....and that's tiring! God help me today....just want it over with really, I've come to support hubby but to be completely honest I wish I wasn't here.....boo hoo......xxxxxx

Lovely to hear from you Deano. I’m glad rads going ok but sorry you have also been dealing with such a distressing family situation. It must be so difficult for you all. Don’t forget we are always here for virtual hugs love. 

Daisydi, I’m so glad you are going ahead with moving your mum. You have to trust your instincts and yes it won’t look good on the current care home so they will be trying to keep her. 

Sonia, well done to your son on the awards. Proud mum eh? 

Implausible, you little superwoman you,  you cracked me up as usual. Still giggling over your comments. Really love that hair cut. I can see you with similar. Are you going pink with the hair.  

SusieB last chemo today.....yaaaaaaaay so happy for you darling. You have coped so well. 

Trixielady, there was something I needed to say to you but mind blank at moment. I’ll post again later. 

Ive been a bit up and down this week. 10 weeks on from my last chemo now. I’m getting a bit frustrated that I still don’t feel I have the energy to start back at the gym. I am out and about walking a lot but keep getting aches and pains in my hips and feet. During chemo, I banged one of my toes really badly and it was swollen and bruised for weeks. I think I broke it but no way was I going to have another trip to hospital to find out. They wouldn’t have done anything anyway would they? It’s giving me a bit of discomfort as I’m walking so I’m worrying how it’s going to affect me in the future. I’m still suffering from fatigue too. Am I just being too impatient in thinking I should be better than this by now? 

We are away in caravan this weekend and next weekend is my belated birthday celebration in Amsterdam. I really hope I can keep up with the rest!

Ooooops gotta go. Back later. Xxxxxx

Deano, lovely to hear from you, glad rads it going well, I’m so sorry about your news. This cancer is certainly an emotional roller coaster. Big hugs xx

Hi Everyone 

sorry ive been missing but I can tell you I’ve had 13 sessions out of 23 for radiotherapy. No side effects it’s going well and all I can say is moisturise at least twice a day morning and night. I use Aveeno at night and E45 in a morning for very dry skin. Ok m having my neck, armpit and boob and need booster sessions in the boob. My last session is on 4th Oct and another bell to ring. Tamoxifen appears ok my joints ache slightly but otherwise I can manage it

Hope you are all ok I am reading your posts and sorry for not responding but we’ve had a family member who has cancer diagnosed same time as me and she’s now terminal and very poorly as I speak it’s an emotional rollercoaster this cancer business,

Given this I thank the nhs for treating me in time and here’s hoping to a load of years to come - it’s not having me or anyone else on here

Take care and keep sane you lot ❤️ To you all xxx

I’m back from a very long sports award evening, but he got 2 awards for swimming and gymnastics so he’s happy. 

Edinbird, I can sympathise with you about the nights, I have more bad nights than good, I feel the night sweats are worse the week after injections, not that they stop just not so many. I wake all hot and bothered then the hands hurt, but the time they’ve finished the hot sweats are back. 

Susie glad the planning went well. 

God luck tomorrow 🍀

daisy, it must be such a worry. Hopefully it will be sorted soon and you can rest up. 

Do any of you ladies have numb fingers, I’m trying to work out if it’s my carpal tunnel, or treatment symptoms. 

Sarah, I’m going to go back to study but not until next September as I need to do the placement hours and as I’ll have another op, next year it will mean more time off, so won’t get enough hours done?(  If that makes sense) 

I’m not sure if your amazing or mad or a bit of both taking on the extra job. I do admire you for it. 

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing okay xx

love to you all xx

Thanks Susie tips gratefully received!

Got a call to say I’ve been accepted onto the C-TRAK trial subject to my tumour samples being suitable. So I have to do bloods on Monday after my first rads, plus bloods for the heart trial which should be finished soon. Not sure if I stop the meds on Monday or keep taking until the MRI which I can’t have until after rads.

Also managed to get signed up for another free massage or whatever they decide is suitable for me. Typically it’s on Friday next week which is the only rads session that’s in the afternoon but they’re fitting me in early so I can get up to hospital for physio then rads. So busy day that day.

Some nights are not too bad, some are awful. Didn’t sleep well at all last night. Not sure whether to try these sleeping pills or not... would rather not and I just have a horrible feeling they won’t work 😕

Hi everyone

Just popped quickly so haven't read the posts yet, plan to read them when I send hubby to the shops during my final chemo session. 

Radioiotherapy planning went brilliantly. All the staff were extremely kind and gave me loads of information and a goody bag to come home👝 with which sadly didn't include weets🍬🍬🍭🍭☹☹.. More about that at a later date. Edinbird, I'll pass on a couple of tips that you may or may not have been told about before your Monday session. I'm  currently sporting my new tattoos but haven't tried to locate them yet. My rads are due to start on 21st Oct and the appt times are very random.. Not so good for hubby but his immediate boss is military (army) and extremely supportive  and laid back about when hubby is able to work and where, home, workplace and even hospital. Thank goodness for lap tops.

Love to you all xxxxx   

Thats what we think Maryln.  They are miffed as they probably have never had anyone moved before but I must say that over the years the people that have been confined to their rooms have been end of life and that is fair enough.  We insist that my mum is not end of life, her vital signs are all very healthy but we argue that she needs social stimulation even if she is not contributing.  They cannot pop in and see her all the time as they just dont have the staffing levels to do that.  Now I think her comments have made us more determined.  It is all very sad but could be easily remedied.  My sister really flew at her and said it was their fault as they had not given us a downstairs room after she broke her hip and that was 2 years ago, after which she fell down the stairs.  Even the paramedics said she should be downstairs but they have just resisted us all the time.  Makes me so angry.  Also my poor mum has had to be in a room with 2 people receiving end of life care and that really really upset me at the time.  Also the poor relatives ....

Oh boy daisy, that carer really has thrown a spanner in the works! Why didn't she pipe up earlier when you were maki g it known you weren't happy? I feel her comments are more to do with the fact that a resident is being moved by their family due to being unhappy with the home itself , they are probably more concerned on how it would reflect on them and how it would make them look? They aren't coming up with any solutions. In the end it comes down to quality of life......even if your mum isn't aware of her surroundings, it will still have an impact on her....

Its good you have your sister to share all this with, I know how emotionally draining it is...even if your in rude health! I hope and pray there is a good outcome for you all......and thank goodness your finally getting that bone scan! Xxxx

Had a very tearful day again at the carehome.  One of the carers said my mum was like a member of the family and that we shouldnt move her.  She said she was happy and she thinks we are making the wrong decision.  Not what we wanted to hear but we said that we wouldnt be moving her if they had accommodated our wishes after she fell down the stairs and gave us a downstairs room but we could not bear the though of her in that room for the rest of her life.  Her argument was that mum doesnt know where her room is and was content.  I said that she was completely isolated and she argued that they are always popping in to see her.  Ive now told my sister that I cant do it next week as I cant cope with the emotional side of it all so we will wait for her to get back from holiday.  The manager and the carer said this has never happened before to them and they feel they have known her for 5 years and wanted to finish the job.  It has made me feel so bad but it has made my sister more angry and adamant that the move is right.  Ive said to them that I really dont want to move her but not once have they offered for her to have the next available room downstairs.  So I know it is not the best decision but it may be the right one.

A breast care nurse has finally got back to me and told me that the Professor (my surgeon) has written out a request for a DEXA scan so at least that is being done.  Also went to the dentist today and it seems that chemo has not done any damage to my teeth other than a fractured filling which I am leaving for now until I know I will have to have the broken teeth out which depends on the DEXA scan so a little progress is being made.  She also said my mammogram will be roughly a year from diagnosis so I may even have that before my next oncology appt at the end of November as my diagnosis was in October.

Speak later x

Great news Sonia.  Enjoy your evening x

That's brilliant news Sonia!

Enjoy the awards Smiley Happy

Hi ladies, I’m just about to go out to youngest awards evening, but had to share genetics just rang no BRAC genes found 🎉🎉 just  s hit family luck, but I can live with that so kids don’t have to go through it, I check back later when I get home. 

Hello lovely ladies

As ever, apologies for my absence, I've been so busy I could drop.  And I'm not going to get any less busy any time soon for reasons I'll get into once I've caught up with everyone.

Eek, last time I posted properly was last Friday, this could take a while!

Daisydi, the cost of care homes really is so high.  I don't begrudge the people doing the care work from making a living so I'm not saying they should reduce their rates, but it definitely feels like something that should be subsidised by the NHS.

If your mum didn't have such a good pension it would be bankrupting you and your sister, it doesn't seem right Smiley Sad   

And now you have to pay 2 of them at once for a few weeks, to add insult to injury!  Hopefully it will all feel worth it when your mum is settled at the new place.

Oooh Nettie, a 19 year old toyboy when you were 24, go you! Smiley Happy  I've always only been out with blokes younger than me.  Well apart from my very first boyfriend who was 2 years older.  I figured they kept me young Smiley Happy

Hope you are looking forward to Amsterdam.  I haven't been there for yonks.  Might have to put that right next year.

Edinbird, I'm whispering this in case any of my boys see it, but I've never been remotely maternal either!  My 3 kids have 2 different dads (first 2 with ex husband , youngest was a result of my I'll advised post divorce rebound relationship), and in both cases it was the bloke who was the one pushing to have kids.  Left up to me I definitely don't think I would have gone that route.  And I certainly don't think everyone has to have kids, I quietly envy those that have chosen not to!

All that said of course I love my boys to bits and certainly wouldn't undo them.  And having had to bring them up mainly on my own, I don't think I did a bad job at the mothering in the end.  But I do sometimes wonder what my life would have looked like if, like my sister, I hadn't gone the mum route.

And Marlyn, you're right, childbirth isn't fun!!  Smiley Happy

As for all of you lot and your reincarnation stories, that was a fun read but I sadly can't join in.  I've never really had any spooky experiences or flashbacks to past lives, or anything like that.  I don't think I'm particularly in tune with the spirits Smiley Happy  other than a very occasional vodka and orange!

Sonia, I really hope the docs can find something that works soon for your hands, especially as you are looking to get back to work.  Will you be resuming your studies too?

Marlyn that really is interesting about your sister's vision of the future!  Again, I have no anecdotes to add.  I'm very boring in that respect.

Rosina I can thoroughly recommend dropping to a 4 day week.  It made all the difference to me and I can't imagine going back.

Seaside I hope your sleeping patterns are improving.  Nothing worse than sleep deprivation.  Did you enjoy what you did see of the Lion King?  It made me cry!

Daisydi those were amazing photos you took of the sunset and the harvest moon!  Thanks for sharing

Trixielady good luck with your symmetrisation (I've probably spelt that wrong!) surgery next week.  I have mine on October 21st.  I'm really looking forward to not being lopsided any more Smiley Happy

Susie and anyone else who is going to be in London.  Let me know when you might have a gap in your schedule to meet up for a coffee and a hug and I'll see if I can get there. 

Marlyn you do make me laugh with your auto erotic neck waxing Smiley Very Happy  I also have down bumfluff on my face and neck since chemo.  I'm kind of hoping it might bugger off on its own.  It isn't that noticeable unless you really look for it so I'm ignoring it for now.

Susie your garden looks glorious

Edinbird that curry sounded like a disaster!  Good on you for writing a review and complaining. 

Nettie no underarm hair here either.  And I still don't need to use deodorant, I don't sweat under my arms at all any more.  Weird.  But everywhere else the hair has come back now.  Weirdly my down-below thick and curlies are no longer curly, they have come back straight.  Odd.    Susie you can tell your hubby that his theory was right!!! Eyebrows and lashes are pretty much back to how they were before.

Edinbird does your doc definitely think you are in full menopause then?  I know chemo can accelerate it but you are so young Smiley Sad

Hopefully the associated symptoms will clear up soon

Oooh Susie another spooky story, there are so many recorded stories of near death experiences, there has to be something in it.  I always wondered if it is a hallucination caused by the brain starving of oxygen right near the end.  Thank goodness your other half survived!  Did the girl he was trying to save make it too?

Sonia I'm glad your second Zoladex injection went better than the first and you didn't stagger out of the medical facility looking like you had been shot in the stomach!  I had my first one on Monday.  It was fine (although it stung a bit going in!).

Don't blame you trying to avoid the wrist ops given the long and inconvenient recovery period.  I really hope that the cortisone injections help.  Did you have arthritis in the wrists before all this breast cancer stuff?  Or has it all come on post diagnosis?

Rosina I dare you to do the dying fly on the classroom floor just to shut them all up Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Susie hope you had a lovely anniversary meal

Daisydi I'm glad you enjoyed your holistic pampering, sounds like it was really beneficial.  I surprised myself how much I enjoyed/felt better after the reflexology sessions I had after my rads.  I've never much believed in anything like that, but I have to admit it definitely seemed to help.

Really glad to hear that the new care home is holding the room for your mum despite the old home playing sully buggers.

Susie the end is firmly in sight for your chemo now.  That seems to have gone quick but I bet it hasn't felt quick for you!  You'll be so glad to see the back of the picc line I'm sure!

Rosina you've put me to shame exercise wise this week.  I've not done as much as usual as I've been super busy.  I did have a swim on Monday but that's it.  Hoping to get to aqua aerobics tomorrow after work if I can get away in time.

Sonia glad you got to pop into work and see everyone.  Hopefully you'll be feeling better and back there soon for a bit of normality. 

Wondering how our MBJ is getting on. 

And also love to those who haven't popped on recently, hope life is going well.

As for me....  well....  it has been a busy week.

First of all, I have a new job!  Well, a new voluntary post anyway, no money will be changing hands.  I now do a 4 hour shift on Fridays in a local charity shop that supports the women's refuge. 

I volunteered entirely on impulse and am now wondering why I did it when I reduced my paid hours at work to give me more "me" time and now instead I'm spending the time I freed up doing more tiring work unpaid!  Daft of me really Smiley Very Happy  But I'm excited about being able to do something to help a cause close to my heart.  So it's all good.

And at my real job, my wonderful second in command, who has been an absolute star all the time I was off, and really kept the ship afloat single handedly, handed in her notice this week Smiley Sad  This means I'm going to be waaaay more busy for a while, because even if I manage to replace her quickly, the new person will need training up.  And nobody will be as good as Georgina was.  She was in 5 days to my 3, but she did more than 5/8ths of the work.   I'm really going to have to step up!

Drugs wise I've now been on anastrazole for 6 days, and so far so good.  I keep waiting for the side effects to kick in and I'm pretty sure I'm not out of the woods yet.  But at least I haven't been instantly hit with something debilitating. 

If anything, the one effect I can observe, it seems to have improved my sleep.  My fitbit gives me a "sleep quality" score every night.  Mine was always in the mid to high 70s, never went over 80.  For the 5 nights since I started taking the tablets I have had sleep scores in the low to mid 80s.  Might be a coincidence.  I'll keep watching it....

I also had my first zoladex implant on Monday (ouch).  So far so good with that one too, although it's very early days.

I shall be mightily pissed off if all the bad side effects land on me in 2 weeks time just as I'm about to get on the plane to New York!!!

Vanity wise I'm particularly worried about the threats of weight gain and hair thinning/ loss, which both anastrazole and zoladex state as side effects....

My hair is coming back nice and thick so far and I want to keep it that way!   And as for weight gain, I don't want that while I'm on a bit of a roll losing the weight I put on during chemo:Screenshot_20190918-230230_Libra-picsay.jpg

(24lb lost since July)

I'll just have to step my exercise back up, inspired by Rosina!

The other thing that is taking up a ton of my time is the astronaut book I'm trying to get finished before I go to New York (as I want to hand deliver it to it's new home in Brooklyn). 

Work in progress:20190918_085039-picsay.jpg

Also I decided that I'm going to risk bleaching my barnet so I can put some colour on it.  Not going to do it myself though, letting the hairdresser do it the first time, have already been in for a skin patch and strand test, all good so far.

I'm going to get them to clipper it short at the back and sides and then bleach the top bit.  Eventually I'm hoping it will grow into something along these lines (ignore the tram lines and the star, I'm not getting those Smiley Happy )20190912_215400-picsay.jpg

Oh and while I was in town I got my nails done did:20190913_165411-picsay.jpg

And promptly ruined them by getting black spray paint all over them Smiley Very Happy20190914_134727-picsay.jpgOoops!

I think that's all my news?

Oh - one more thing - remember that comic story I was working on for ages about Peggy the prostitute?  The book that is in came out last week and this week lots of reviews have come in and they have all been super complimentary about my work and that has been rather lovely. 

So - between working 2 jobs, doing lots of art, soaking up nice praise, occasionally exercising, meeting up with friends for nights out, planning my New York trip, taking ALL the meds, and trying to keep on top of the housework, I'm a little bushed!

Night night all!

Love to everyone

Sarah x

Just jumping in to get post number 6666!  Smiley Very Happy

Will actually reply properly in a bit Smiley Happy

Daisy, fab news about your mum. 

Susie, having the PICC line out will be fab, having a shower without the plastic cover felt wonderful. I remember it well. Fingers cross all goes well for Friday xxx

Hi everyone 

Brilliant news from the new care home Daisydi. Seems as though you and your sister have chosen a lovely place for your mum and wonderful that they are willing to step in and help with the move.  Interesting about the foot massage but I have read that various parts on the feet affect other parts of the body.

Good news from you too Rosina regarding the possibility of dropping a day. Reading the excercise you have done so far this week is making me exhausted just reading about it. When I started to walk to the shops in Yeovil I started off at normal pace but was soon having to walk like a 90 year old as my legs started to ache.😆😆. As for my eyebrows perhaps I'll just about manage a fully grown matching pair for Xmas.

Sonia, sorry to hear the trial may not be right for you. It's surprising how people's attitudes can affect your decisions in these matters. I nearly didn't go on my trial as I felt the staff at my original hospital were way too pushy. Completely different when I transferred to Yeovil. At least with a trial you can stop, no questions asked. Ho0e your fingers improve soon🖐👊👍.

As for me, my white blood count was normal, liver and kidney function results hadn't come back but hopefully they'll be fine and chemo can go ahead on Friday😊😊😊. The oncologist has also said my PICC line, Klingon, can be taken out after my final session so happy with that☺☺☺☺☺🤗🤗😊. Might manage a few days of wearing a short sleeved top without a PICC line and cover. Best of all though a shower🚿🚿🚿🚿 without having to wear a cumbersome waterproof cover more suitable for keeping a plaster cast dry. Appointment tomorrow morning for pre rads planning. Onwards and upwards.

xxxxx

Rosina great if you can get a day off.  It will make so much difference.  The massage etc. is a local lady in the village.  Its not free but she is quite reasonable.  My feet feel totally different lot lighter and I feel much better already.  Also the manager of the new care home has just rang me and they are going to keep the room for us so we just have to organise when we can move her.  The social worker was not in today but the manager is really on our side and quoting all sorts of safeguarding issues so hopefully I will be able to move her next week even though my sister is on holiday but they will help.  I feel so relieved and am hoping for a much better nights sleep.  Also not sure if it is a coincidence but I havent had any hot flushes today. Took my tablet just before my treatment.  When she was doing parts of my toes I could feel it in my head. Very strange.

Nearly there Susie, the end is in sight. 💕💕💕

Rosina, glad your getting back into work life and you are going to be able to drop a day. 

I had the trial appointment today, the oncologist want me to stop taking the nuproxen and use gel and paracetamol, I said I will try but can’t see it working. So may be stepping off the trial on Monday, didn’t help wasn’t keen on her attitude, book an appointment for Monday and didn’t ask if I could make it. 

I then popped into work, it was lovely to see everyone, there has been lots of staff from other areas join our team so looks like we will be fully staffed when I get back. Got

lots of comments on how my hair has thicken up and my puffy face has gone down. 

B l o o d y fingers will have to catch up later xxxx

Much better day today at work.

Getting my 8 hours of sleep helps. 

I seem to be eating like a horse to keep the energy levels up.

I always get more hungry when at work.

They are going to look at the timetable so that I can drop a day , so I am pleased that I made up my mind and discussed it with them. 

Walked Monday, swam yesterday and will use the gym today. 

Daisydi I would get all the reiki/ massage I could access if I was in your shoes.

SusieB chemo almost over 🤗 hang in there. My eyebrows are back ( where are we almost 3 months later) eyelashes also returning .

Got my class sing this yesterday:

I got a friend in you

Hi everyone 

Bloods done. Due to see onc soon. Fingers firmly crossed🤞🤞🤞for bloods to be ok. Thank you for the❤❤❤❤❤, they mean alot🙂🙂. Did a bit of retail therapy earlier 🥿🥿🥿🥿. Shoes, what else?!!

All the Best, Susie xxx

Wow Susie cant believe that has come around already.  Nearly over ...

Hi everyone 

Got the delights of bloods and oncologist's appointment later☹ and the sun is shining🌞 and I'll be stuck in hospital 🏥☹. Still can't get excited that Friday will be be my final chemo. I think I'm just too tired to care😪😪😴.

Will chat later. xxx  

Just got back.  I had mainly massage and acupressure on my feet and toes as they were still numb.  They do feel much better but could have laid there all day!  Mum isnt really aware of whats going on but sometimes she is.  That's our point that on her good days she is still so isolated.  Social services didnt ring me until yesterday morning and wanted to meet at 11 so dont think care home knew.  We've decided that I will try to move mum next week and pay an extra 3 weeks.  Just want this done now.  I might try some reiki next time.  Ive never had anything like this done before but if it makes me feel better I will go with it.  Speak to you later x

Daisy, your mums situation sounds awful, is she fully aware of what's going on? Was the manager of the care home in on the appointment with social services? 

I hope your holistic treatment went well this morning, what did you have done? Xxx

Hi daisydi 

I'm really sorry to hear that your Mum's care home, I'm not sure it deserves the term 'care' from what you have told us, is being difficult. I would argue that the intention to move your mum was given a week ago since that is when you told them you had found somewhere else. I take it that if you moved your mum out regardless they would still want payment for the full period of notice. This situation couldn't have happened at a worse time especially when fatigue hits. Hopefully the holistic treatment tomorrow may help you see things in a better light. Sending you hugs❤❤❤❤❤❤   

My left eyebrow is a bit like that Susie.  I am really cross in that Social services came out today and agreed we need to move mum but then the care home have said they want 28 days notice so we may now lose the room even though we told them we had found somewhere a week ago.  When we went this morning at 11 they had left mum in bed and everyone else was downstairs having a party.  We could barely get in the room for equipment and all 3 of us had to stand round the bed trying to speak to my mum.  How can you give notice if you havent got a room anyway.  I am so annoyed and also feel really low and tearful but I think it is mainly due to lack of sleep and stress.  Have my holistic treatment tomorrow morning whatever that might be so hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

Hi everyone 

All very quiet today. Hope everybody is ok. I've been taking it fairly easy today after fatigue hit yet again yesterday😪😪😪. Even vaccume cleaned the house this morning in three stages. 

On the hair growth front, or lack of it, my left hand eyebrow is now doing a re-enactment of the parting of the waves🌊    🌊. Thank goodness I kept going with the eye pencils🖍🖍🖍✏✏✏  And as for the blue/brown blob on my boob it looks like a map of India or Africa🌍🌏. It's got a name now, Lady Maud from Blott on the Landscape. I'll probably call it Maud for short😆😉🙂☺.

Thank you everyone for the anniversary messages. 

Sonia glad to hear your latest Zoladex went without a hitch. When something goes wrong it does make you wary next time around. Don't blame you for not wanting any further surgery if you can avoid it. 

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone. For those of you back at work I hope things aren't too stressful. xxxx .  

Hi Sonia

Didn't realise how close you are to Ottery St Mary. A meet up would be great. 

P S they're already setting up for Xmas🎄🎄🎉🎉🎆🎍🎍. Much too early!

Susie B xxx

Susie, Happy anniversary to you. 

Otter st Mary’s is only about an hour from me, maybe one day we can meet there, as it’s in the middle for both of us. Xx

Have a lovely evening Susie, happy anniversary love xxxx

Happy Anniversary SusieB and husband. Xx

Just thought Susie it must be your wedding anniversary which is why you're out and about.  Hope you have a fabulous time tonight.  Happy Anniversary xxx