63328members
333186posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Looking good Marlyn☺. The hair regrowth looks amazing. xxx 

IMG_2058.JPGNot sure if this shows up well enough but this is 11 days apart.....

Hello again, hope everyone has had a fabulous day.

1C5AAEA2-4F68-4C89-9B2D-B12BE579BB4E.jpegGorgeous walking weather

I have got sunburn on the back of my neck despite the sunblock ( yes I did re- apply it). All that walking and talking.

Implausible you make me laugh 😂.

The book binding and your books look amazing.

I did get to Monks House today. It’s gorgeous. I would happily live there:

83C54AED-8CD4-45EA-B15C-8D3E20F9D90C.jpegSummer escape for Virginia Wolf ( Monks House)

Oh wow edinbird,

do tell.....what did the chemist recommended? And let us know how you get on? Although I'm totally shattered I still can't sleep......xxxx

Hi all xx

Just wanted to pop in, not much to report other than I have sleeping tablets!! Went to the pharmacy and started to explain and the pharmacist grinned and just grabbed me a packet off the shelf. So I’m expecting big things! I’ll let you know how I am in the morning!

Had an errand filled afternoon and now sat with rubbish on TV and my paper. Very cloudy here today but it was lovely yesterday, I went for a quick beach stroll but not quite as pretty as Daisy’s!

39D34806-6B7F-4130-B5F3-3B89022AC78F.jpegPortobello prom

Hi everyone 

Some photos from our garden.

When Chris came back from Download he asked his dad "What's that plant that looks like sweet corn?" "Er, sweetcorn." 

I'll explain about baby Olive on my catch up post if I remember.

Hope you're all enjoying the good weather. At least I hope it's nice everywhere.xxxxx

20190622_141715.jpgJasmine full of bees20190622_141652.jpg20190622_141906.jpgStrawberries almost ready20190622_141943.jpgSweetcorn20190622_142033.jpgBaby Olive20190622_142048.jpgBaby Olive lives in a HUGE pot

Morning all. 

Actually it's the afternoon already.  That was quick! 

How is everybody?

Rosina love those flowers!  Watercolour is a tricky medium but you've really used it well there.  Especially on the purple flower at the bottom where you've let the colour pool in the middle.  Gorgeous. 

The art class sounds....interesting!  I have a real thing about not being able to see what I'm eating, freaks me out a bit.  I've never been to any actual art lessons (well, not since middle school) and I think I'd be a little startled if I turned up to one and they blindfolded me and started spooning muesli into my mouth Smiley Very Happy

And talking of art, Debi your feather piece is lovely!  I'm trying to work out how you did it. At first I thought you had glued the feather to give it a bit more cohesion and then cut the little burd shapes from it, but there isn't enough feather missing.  However you made it, it is very effective.

As for handmade books, I used to do quite a lot of bookbinding (couple of examples below), but am a bit rusty.  I didn't do a very good job of binding the "tiny book" actually, I'm out of practice! 

michellevenicebook2 (1).jpgThe skyline is Venice and the beads are Venetian glass...

book1 (1).jpg

Nowadays I mainly paint, at various scales, from little tiny trading card sized portraits right up to spray painting on walls.

I've also recently worked on a comic book, as the ladies in this group know as I bored them with it constantly as I was working on it!  Here's my favourite page (nipple warning! Smiley Happy )

peggyfate_p4.jpg

Nettie.  I genuinely don't believe that talent is remotely necessary for arty/crafty endeavours.  I certainly don't have any.  My school art teacher virtually passed out laughing when I hinted I might want to do art O level (I didn't bother).  And my first attempts at drawing as an adult were blinking horrendous.  This, from about 6 years ago, is supposed to be Colonel Tigh from Battlestar Galactica.  Trust me, he doesn't look like that!!!watchtower (1).jpg

Obviously there are some annoying people with natural talent.  Hate them Smiley Very Happy  But most people who have reached a "passable" level at drawing or painting (or music or all sorts of other hobbies) have done so just by doggedly persevering and practicing until they can produce something not 100% embarrassingly bad Smiley Happy

So, those of you who say you have no talents, I'm here to assure you that that really doesn't matter Smiley Happy  go find a fun hobby and do it regardless.  And eventually you will find you aren't as rubbish at it as you thought Smiley Happy

Got to say though that I'm looking forward to our big meetup where I am absolutely going to get you (Nettie) drunk so I can hear the "how much is that doggie" backwards rendition!!

Susie, I wish I could ice skate!!  I'm the rubbishest ice hockey fan ever as I can't stay upright on the ice for even a second! 

And glad you have sunshine today.  It is glorious here in Tamworth too.  I'm having a lovely time laid down on my picnic blanky mainly in the shade of a tree but with my legs sticking out into the sunshine to warm my blood up Smiley Happy  the DJ is spinning his tunes and I have my phone, a book and a big bag of fruit pastilles.  Life is good.

20190622_123314-picsay.jpg

My view from here is of the guys (and one or two girls) working on the big walls:

20190622_123537-picsay.jpg

And then a short walk away are the rest of the people painting on the smaller panels (this is what I would have been painting on if I'd have felt up to it.  Glad I declined as I would have really struggled to stand up all day and paint in this heat!):

20190622_121923-picsay.jpg

Catch up with you all again later on

Sarah x

Morning everyone

Warm and sunny down here in Somerset🌡🌞 so plan to be outside most of the day, slathered in suntan lotion, especially my left arm (Gremlin eviction site). May even risk a BBQ later.

Lovely artwork on display. My dad was a pretty good artist but none of his talent came my way. Infact, like you Nettienoo, I have no talents either☹, unless still being able to ice skate counts⛸😃.

Have a good day everyone . xxxxxxx   

Wow! Debi2, that is really clever. Love it! 😍 x

Imp & Rosina there is so much talent in our group. I’m afraid I have no talents whatsoever. Well apart from being able to sing “How much is that doggie in the window” backwards! Alcohol needs to be consumed first though in order for me to perform. 😂 x

Hi

Implausible I love the Tiny book of Trivial regrets - do you make many?.  I too like arty/craft things i made this picture from a feather that i found in my garden.

P1030586.jpg

Take care 

Debi

5BE70A93-F121-4B2F-A707-A3550C26FD59.jpegMy bit of watercolour from yesterday’s morning

Morning Everyone,

love all of the collages Implausible.

It was ‘botanical drawing yesterday ‘ . I haven’t done stuff in years so it was good to have a taster session. I will fish out my picture from the car back seat were it got left.

The Surreyartschool has some lovely sessions, yesterday they combined: mindfulness, a sensory journey ( ie eat a delicious bowl of homemade muesli with berries whilst wearing a blindfold -   Mad as it sounds it does get you to appreciate the smells and textures and we all know about taste buds on this forum!), visualisation and some drawing and painting to finish.

2C14A317-3CB0-4053-BC58-70A514F3370D.png

Off walking again today, gorgeous weather predicted.

Have a lovely day everyone,

Rosina

Cor blimey, I haven't been on here since this morning and you guys have been chattering for England!!!

Let me catch up Smiley Happy

First off, Daisydi!!!  Those solstice sunrise photos (and all the others) are so beautiful!  Thank you so much for sharing them

Oh Marlyn.  I hadn't seen your emotional post between the 2 lots of rads when we briefly chatted on Facebook earlier, otherwise I'd have asked how you were feeling.  I think it would really get me in the gut too seeing a gaggle of chemo newbies just starting their journey (the urge to tell them all to run out of the hospital and never look back would be strong!!!)
Glad in a way that you had a good release of emotion and a weep, I think that does us the world of good from time to time.
And well done for ringing that bell and being the first of us to get through all the really tough stuff x

Trixielady sounds like you've had a heavy emotional day too, hope you feel a little better for letting it all out x

Seaside, gorgeous pic of you and Lexi.  Sounds like she wanted to show you just how well her vocal chords work today Smiley Happy

Edinbird, blooming fantastic news about your scan results!!!!  I know you were worried about the lung thing (and so were we on your behalf!), and there's real evidence there too that the chemo has righteously destroyed your lump and ripped it in two!   Yes, like you say, make sure the surgeon notices and removes both bits!

Here's hoping that you do finally get a good kip with all that weight off your mind x

Nettie, tell your mate Ivan "horns in the air" from me Smiley Happy 
Be careful what you ask your onco if you don't want the rads.  I made the mistake of asking mine why he had put me down for 3 weeks of rads when other people were having 4 weeks, and he was all "you know what? I think you are right, you should have 4 weeks".... I should have kept my mouth shut!  Smiley Happy
I love the fact that since we found out that b o n d a g e is a banned word, we have been talking about it constantly Smiley Very Happy  such rebels!!

But don't talk to me about that Kondo woman!  "A home should have no more than 30 books"???  I have about 25 times that many Smiley Very Happy
Love the Quentin Blake mental image if Daisydi on her scooter with the dogs Smiley Very Happy

Oh Rosina I didn't know that the Mighty Hike was so soon.  Well you have been knocking your walks out of the park recently so I'm sure you will smash it!!

Unfortunately WOMAD isn't for me, sorry.  I went once many years ago and it was a cool experience but not really my music.  My sister has been nagging me to go back ever since but it is definitely more her thing than mine.  I hope you can find someone into the whole world music thing to go along with though as I do think you would love it.

Hope you had fun with watercolours at your art workshop.  What did you paint?

Susie, you and all the other army wives are doing a good job of balancing out the pros and cons of the whole men in uniform thing.  Upside, a nice manly man who looks good in his kit; downside, that same kit stinks to high heaven when he gets home Smiley Very Happy

As for me, I spent most of today working on those little collages I've been talking about - the ones I cut out all the 1950s and 60s adverts for....

These are the first 3, I'm quite pleased with how they turned out.  Kind of fun painting silly monsters and making rabbits into jackalopes Smiley Happy  I do feel a bit sorry for the babies though, becoming monster snacks Smiley Happy
20190621_191712-picsay.jpg

20190621_191659-picsay.jpg

20190621_191643-picsay.jpg

Hoping to make some more of these over the weekend.

Also some of you saw on Facebook this morning that I got fab news that one of my little handmade books has been selected to be part of a show in London next month curated by the Saatchi gallery.  Very exciting!  It is a bit of a maudlin book that I made a couple of days after being diagnosed last December.  It is called the Tiny Book of Trivial Regrets.  Here are some photos.
FB_IMG_1561111015715.jpg

FB_IMG_1561111032402.jpg

FB_IMG_1561152435481.jpg

FB_IMG_1561152427569.jpg

FB_IMG_1561152445286.jpg

FB_IMG_1561152462195.jpg

FB_IMG_1561152765678.jpg

So it has been an arty farty day for me.  My favourite kind of day Smiley Happy

Health wise I still have no physical energy, half an hour of house work earlier left me short of breath Smiley Sad  but at least my mental energy seems to be back.

Tomorrow I have an early start, up to Tamworth for the day for their annual urban arts festival, always one of my highlights of the graffiti/ street art season.  I was supposed to be live painting there this year but had to decline as I don't think I'd be up to standing up and painting all day just yet.  But I will definitely paint next year.

Whatever everyone else has planned for the weekend, I hope the weather is favourable and that you have a wonderful time x

Love to all

Sarah x

Edinbird so so pleased for you.  So glad that nasty is being obliterated.  You can now celebrate with cheese and wine.  Have a lovely weekend.

Marlyn by the time you are reading this I hope your final session is over.  I want to give you a great big hug.  We all try to be lighthearted about this disease but sometimes it just gets to you doesnt it.  I think I am still in denial about the whole thing and when I dont have to worry about side effects of chemo/rads I'm sure it will hit me like a ton of bricks.  You have done so well and now you are the first to finish active treatment.  What an achievement for you.  You can now give us the heads up on the hormone treatment x 

Seaside nice to see you and Lexi.

Nettie that made me laugh but quite true!

Have a nice weekend everyone x

Hi everyone 

Loads to catch up on as normal so let's see how far I get.

Firstly thanks for all the kind messages of support regarding my recovery from surgery, and no, Trixielady I won't stop the exercises just because it feels better. My big mistake, well it could have been, was as I was doing the stretches with both hands clasped together up over my head I suddenly remembered that I'm not supposed to stretch my PICC arm that high. Oooopppppsss. Sonia 28, you'll know what I mean. Now I'm waving my arm up and down looking like one of those Chinese lucky cats you see in China Town.  

Seaside Sar, you and Lexi both look very content☺.

Edinbird, excellent news from your scan results☺. Don't worry about the surgeon not getting both bits out, they check with you on surgery day by asking you to show where the lump is and tell them what they are going to do. Basically they double check everything and write and draw on your boob and under your arm. Very fetching. 

Nettienoo, you've described how I feel exactly. I've often commented to hubby that this all feels as though this happening to someone else. As you say,  weird 😕. On the music front I like Ministry of Sound/ Ibiza stuff. Clubbing sounds good and if I wear the enormous, well it is for me, bra I'm wearing at the moment then boobs will definitely hang below the bottom if I return back to my normal size. I'll be right on trend😆. Also remember the after exercise smells. Although hubby was in the RAF he did many exercises going with the army during the late eighties/early nineties. Will expand more at a later date maybe. 

Marlyn, I hope you got on ok with your final rads session. As for all the emotions that came out this morning, I think they're there lurking in all of us but we put them back in the box for later. You're later just happened to be this morning. I was expecting a similar reaction after surgery, but nothing. Most odd. At least you could tell us and realise it was all a perfectly normal reaction.

Right I need to go now. Hope you are all ok, Deano, Stargazer1, Sandraindurham and Veronica.

Take care everyone and enjoy the weekend xxxxxxx

Oh and Edinbird, fabulous news. So pleased for you.A6C25C7C-D831-459D-84CB-DEC127844B25.jpegArt workshop today

I enjoyed a Watercolour art workshop today and met up with a friend.

Lovely morning.

Love the Seaside photos, Daisydi. The last one is stunning.

Well done Marlyn with the last rad. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Nettinoo this is perfect:

“Daisydi have this almost Quentin Blake’esque image of you in my mind (Ronald Dahl illustrator) of you on  the mobility scooter with the dogs attached. Wisps of hair flying. Grim determination on your face. 😂😂😂😂😂.”

I can picture it too 🤗

The Mighty Hike is on July 20th and I am going up to Windsor the previous evening with my co hiker. We have an Airbnb booked. Start time is 10.10 the following morning. 

So far I have raised £450. I am so pleased 😀.

Implausible to you fancy going to WOMAD next year. In fact does anyone fancy it? I noticed that they have ‘glamping’ options too. We could all share a tent? 

Hugs,

Rosina 

Edinbird, we posted together. Great news love and I really hope you can sleep more soundly tonight. Xx

Marlyn, what a heartfelt, honest post my darling. I think it’s a coping mechanism that we all tend to focus on what’s happening next rather than looking back. I’m sure there will be a time I do that but at the moment I seem to have almost blanked out the time from my diagnosis late October to what is currently going on. If I do let some memory pop in, it’s almost like it all happened to someone else and I was just watching. Weird.

You have done so amazingly well though. I think we are all proud of our little chemo family aren’t we and how we have all coped so far. 

I caught up with the posts about music preferences. Wow!  Your tastes are as wide ranging as mine. I no longer let my husband call me weird to have such diversity of taste. Some bands you mentioned have prompted me to download some long forgotten. Favourites...Chaka Khan, a Roxy Music, a bit of Motown. 

Rosina, I love Adele so much. Her voice is so beautiful. I am in absolute awe on the distances you are now covering with your hiking now. When is the Mighty Hike? I have no doubt you will smash it even if your treatment hasn’t finished. 

Edinbird, my husband loved ELO. He is a different generation to you so nice to think they appeal to all. 

Trixielady, I definitely need to decide what to do about the huge amount of pics I have clogging up I Cloud. I keep trying to cull but love them all. So hard. 

Implausible, your music tastes mirror my mate Ivan’s. That photo of you in your younger days at a festival...you have hardly changed you know.  Glad to hear you have the hassle of how to get to and from Rads sorted. I see my oncologist on Monday. I haven’t seen her for a while. So many questions to ask, one of which is to ask her to explain why I am not having any radiotherapy. To be honest it would be a nightmare for me as  trying to get someone to take me very day would be really difficult. I think I would have to get my husband to park the caravan up in the hospital car park and live in it while they were going on.

Seaside changes at workplaces, TUPE are a very sore subject in this household. Nick and I have both been through this and it always flipping stinks. My husband actually ended up getting legal representation the last time it happened as there was so much “shafting”

going on as he so eloquently put it. 

I hope the process you go through will turn out fine and much less stressful for you. By the way pleeeeeaaaase drop bond age into the conversation if you do the wrists together above the head pose, go on, I dare you! 😂

Love ducks. Used to collect ducks (not real ones obvs). Had a Marie Kondoesque cull recently and most have gone to the local hospice shop now. Has anyone “Kondoed” their drawers? 🤔😂😊🤣 .

sonia love, boils, spots..thankfully have only suffered with one rather painful boil during this process. It was right in the crease of my bottom and made it very difficult to sit down. It came up during one of my hospital admissions and seemed to cause lots of interest as various staff members wanted a look at it. It took ages to heal and has left a bit of a scar apparently. I feel for you having one in your groin. Such a barrying tender place. 

SusieB, your comment about “army clearing station” struck a chord with me. Many a time I’ve made my kids strip down to underwear outside the house and I would have to hose down the offending, putrid articles in the pile before I could bring them in to wash. The sleeping bags were the worst. To be honest, my husband used to have to do the same when he came back from a couple of week’s army exercise and everything was a bit ripe. Eeeeww! Marlyn will know what I am on about. If you do manage cartwheels please provide photos. Love the elephant trousers by the way and your wig looks great. 

Daisydi have this almost Quentin Blake’esque image of you in my mind (Ronald Dahl illustrator) of you on  the mobility scooter with the dogs attached. Wisps of hair flying. Grim determination on your face. 😂😂😂😂😂.

Somebody else said they liked a bit of Ministry of Sound/Ibiza type stuff. Daisy/Susie maybe? 

Ok you, me Clubbing weekend next year,

pool parties, those bikini tops the youngsters are wearing at the moment where their boobs hang out the bottom )what IS that all about ? Hahahahahahaha. Can you imagine? No neither can I. I’m normally in bed by 10.30pm.

Have the nest weekend you can my darlings. Thinking of everyone of you as always, even if I haven’t mentioned you. 

Sandra & V, hope you are bearing up my darlings. 

Have the best weekend you can everyone. I have 11 days until my final FEC. I need to stay infection free. Please, chemo gods be kind to me this time. 

Love and hugs all. 

Xxx

Lovely photos Daisy and Sar. And good luck for final zap Marlyn!!

Well I’m pleased to say my scan was clear! The nodule on the lung is benign woohoo! My lump has also done a weird one and split into two! I guess the chemo is still working and it’s crumbling away! I said it can’t be a new tumour can it since I’ve been on chemo all this time and he said no and wasn’t worried. Just have to make sure they take both big lump and little lump out now. I have to mention it to the pre op people next week the surgeon has been emailed but he’s going on holiday at some point and not actually doing my surgery so need to make sure it’s not missed.

Just about to go for another meeting with my boss... see what exciting proposals they have for me this time around interview and return to work... we’ll see. Then that’s that for that week. Maybe I’ll sleep better tonight? I sure hope so with weight off my mind but it’s really warm here today so I’m expecting another sweaty one. I think I’d quite like to go in the sea right now!

Hi everyone,

Well done on the speedy recovery, Susie. Keep doing the exercises. It took me a lot longer to get the full range of movement back so you have done amazingly well. 😊

Thanks for the beautiful photos, Daisy. I could happily frame them and put them up around the house. I am called Seaside for a reason!

Marlyn, I have been waiting for the moment where I stop and think about everything I've been through as well. I know it's going to happen at some point....big hugs to you x

Well, I've had a busy morning with my lovely niece. We went for a walk and then she told me it was time for lunch in only the way that babies can do - yep, she cried all the way home 😂😭 Still, it was good exercise for me pushing the buggy at top speed. Who needs the gym?

Catch you all later.

Sar xxx

IMG-20190621-WA0009.jpg

How did beautiful end up being spelt like that🤔!? Sorry.

Beuatiful photos Daisydi☺. People swimming in the sea this time of year? Bit too cold for me.

Susie well done, pleased your surgery went well and your recovery is looking good, but remember slowly does it but don't be like me and stop because you think it feels better xx

Daisydi, beautiful photos 💕💕

Good lucky for your final rad this afternoon Marlyn and obviously we know how you feel it can be so uplifting to have a good cry can't it but is also sole destroying, I had to relive it again today from the very beginning of this rollcoater that hasn't stopped but is slowing down a bit ended up like you in floods of tears and afterwards i felt like a drama queen but on reflection every word of what id said and felt was 100% real and Barry horrifying but onwards and upwards we go, so good luck hunny xx

@Marlyn wrote:

Heyup,

been in for my rads this morning, and back later for my final one, I'm surprised at how emotional I feel about it, couldn't stop the tears on the way home....thinking of everything that's happened since December, it really is mind blowing when you allow yourself to think about it all....and I mean REALLY think about it....my mind used to wander off to that place and I'd always pull myself back but today I allowed my mind to go back to diagnosis day and then everything that escalated afterwards. I think what triggered it was sitting in the main waiting room in the cancer unit, and a lady coming in to call all new patients to the chemotherapy introduction talk, where upon about 5 ladies got up to follow her...all with that " rabbit caught in headlights " look......that was me, in January.....and my heart ached for those ladies and what they were about to embark on.....

I think we are all very good at putting a mask on, after all we want to be strong not only for us but for our loved ones and perhaps by taking the mask off we are somehow giving in? Admitting defeat? Scared the tears won't stop? 

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. 

You are a strong woman Marilyn, and sometimes I think we need to let our masks slip. Well done on almost getting the rads done, only 1 more to go 🎉🎉🎉 

Heyup,

been in for my rads this morning, and back later for my final one, I'm surprised at how emotional I feel about it, couldn't stop the tears on the way home....thinking of everything that's happened since December, it really is mind blowing when you allow yourself to think about it all....and I mean REALLY think about it....my mind used to wander off to that place and I'd always pull myself back but today I allowed my mind to go back to diagnosis day and then everything that escalated afterwards. I think what triggered it was sitting in the main waiting room in the cancer unit, and a lady coming in to call all new patients to the chemotherapy introduction talk, where upon about 5 ladies got up to follow her...all with that " rabbit caught in headlights " look......that was me, in January.....and my heart ached for those ladies and what they were about to embark on.....

I think we are all very good at putting a mask on, after all we want to be strong not only for us but for our loved ones and perhaps by taking the mask off we are somehow giving in? Admitting defeat? Scared the tears won't stop? Well, my mask slipped today but I'm not giving in I'm not defeated and the tears did stop.....so, said mask is firmly back in place and I'm ready for my final "beam me up scotty " later today. 

Please ladies, don't ever underestimate your strength courage and determination......we are all simply just wonderful......love you all to the moon and back... xxxx

Last one I promise but these pics really are beautiful

64916593_10156147321527797_1144020945095098368_o.jpg

And another one from this morning.  There were people swimming in the sea apparently!

64929401_10219179732785647_6067009212498575360_n.jpg

And these were taken as the sun went down last night

64865797_2716090628617306_7097720450649686016_n.jpg65391914_2716090535283982_6268125187892314112_n.jpg

Oh and a Happy Summer Solstice.  These pics were taken earlier this morning.  Not by me!64841894_10220307218416387_8519212397783678976_n.jpg65072079_10220307218096379_1544270450647891968_n.jpg

Morning all, well done Susie you are doing so well.  The exercises are the key.  Have a fab day everyone.  It is beautiful and sunny in Norfolk.   Hoorahhhhhh!

Wow SusieB, you are doing amazing!! I took me a long time before I could get my Right arm straight above my head !!!!

🌸🌸🌸

Well done Susie your flying through the recovery.  

I was delayed starting the last set of exercises as I had my drain in for 3 1/2 weeks due to an infection, then had another op, and had another drain for a few days, but got there in the end. 

Have a good day ladies xx 

Yeah I don't remember the cartwheels on my exercise sheet!! Smiley Very Happy

Glad all is going gangbusters with your recovery x

Morning everyone 

Just a quick pop in as have to get up soon and do my on-line Tesco shop. Have to do a shopping list first🖊🗒. A week after surgery and I'm doing fine. There's a bit of swelling under my arm which is to be expected as I haven't got a drain, but it isn't causing any discomfort. I started on the last two of my exercises last night which entail stretching my arm above my head and it was fine, so full steam ahead today with the full range⛹️‍♀️🏋️‍♀️🏋️‍♀️🏋️‍♀️🤾‍♀️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️. OK, maybe not the cartwheels😃.

Have a good day all you lovely ladies and I'll try and catch up and reply to your comments, questions and posts in general later. May get some ☀️☀️☀️🌞🤞today. ☺☺☺.  xxxxx

Evening all

A super quickie because I am super sleepy

Nice elephant trousers Susie!

Sonia that sounds painful Smiley Sad  I haven't had boils but I do have some skin discolouration right at the top inside of both legs that has appeared since starting chemo that I'm a little worried about.  Plus new pimples (they feel more permanent than spots) and new moles on my face.  When I notice them I convince myself it is skin cancer!  Probably isn't.  Just my mind racing away.  Then I forget about them again entirely.   Must remember to ask the onco about it next time I see him to set my mind at rest.

I hope that the painful bits clear up quickly, anyway.  Get some Savlon on them, stat!

Rosina, I can't believe that walk you took today.  47k steps!!! Utterly insane Smiley Very Happy  I walked to the post office and back 2 days ago (7k steps Smiley Very Happy) and kept having to have little sit downs at every bench on the route!  

I'm a bad person and have never stopped eating brie (although it was only a very occasional treat)

I was told to wait 6 weeks before starting back on my usual multivitamins.  Although I'm keen to take them asap as they did always give me an energy boost, even before all this.  Plus I've got the ones that are supposed to strengthen nails and boost hair growth.  I might cut the difference between Edinbird's 4 week recommendation and my 6 weeks, and start them at 5 weeks....

As for rads, I start July 1st, so that is 4 weeks (give or take a day) since my last chemo.

Ok snooze time now.  Hopefully.  Fingers crossed no nasty acid reflux tonight 

Hope the rest of you sleep well too x

I still don't have a start date, had my assessment 2 weeks ago yesterday, and they said it would be 4/5 weeks, hoping they let me know soon. consultant told me 3/4 weeks( what does he know!) 

Rosina you will still be ahead of me as I dont start until 24th/25th July.  Mine were booked months ago and there doesnt seem to be any urgency but at least it will give me about 6 weeks to get over chemo

Hi Ladies, 

I went out walking with H1 . The plan was to get beyond my 16 miles personal best and we did it 🤪

Two pit stops ( one for drinks) one for lunch and an argument along the way.

H1 pestering me to hurry up and eat my lunch because we had walking to do 😈 so he got blasted big time and then he did the right thing and apologised.

I think it’s an alpha male thing , if I put my mind to it, finishing what you’ve started blah blah.

I threatened to catch the bus back home at 12 miles ( after my leisurely lunch at this organic farm cafe) . As I said he got a big telling off and kept checking in with me that I was ok. I was ok, but it isn’t a race or the Olympics. Told him that the original soldier that raced back to Athens after the battle of Marathon ( 26 miles out of Athens) collapsed and died after he delivered his message of victory.

H1’s response ‘He must of had a dodgy heart’. 

Anyway we started at 8 am and got the bus back home at 4.06.

The toughest bit was walking after sitting on the bus for 1hour.

H1 did get me 4 leaf clover earrings for our wedding anniversary so he does try.

Re. Rads, due to all the blasted delays with chemotherapy I now will be starting rads July 15th. I have my pre-assessment next week.

I had planned to have finished all treatment when I signed up for the Mighty Hike.

It will be bloody Mighty the way I am going ☠️

Hugs,

Rosina 

ps guess who has gone to bed first because he feels fine and his legs don’t ache 😂

D1E9FA9C-4AE4-4256-B553-6BD893B1B80B.jpegBetween Hartfield and Groombridge

Edinbird I cant wait for my favourite blue brie ....... Im only on day 11 so I'd better leave it a couple of weeks.  Im hoping to take someone with me most days so that if I cant park at the N&N they can just drive about and wait for me.  Well that's the plan. Lots of people have offered but we'll see when it comes to it!

Daisy I was posting when you were posting. I can imagine parking being useless at NNUH... my husband used to work at the John Innes Centre so I always used to park there and walk round if I had to go.

My oncologist said 3/4 weeks after last chemo the infection risk would be gone so just do everything you’d normally do. So I’d say take your probiotics at that point. I intend to eat all manner of banned cheese and cured meats on Sunday night!! A day early but my bloods were ok last Friday so I’m going for it!

Sonia I had a couple of ingrown hairs like that. The first one I couldn’t get the hair out, it was all pus filled and horrible after a bath and I squeezed as much as I could! It then got really sore and took weeks to calm down! Had another that I just left and it popped when I scratched it! 😬 the hair came out and it healed quickly. I’ve never completely lost my hair down there. Hope I don’t get any more! I do a full body scrub every shower. I was told that my skin would get dry and to moisturise after every wash (I hardly ever do) - my skin hasn’t been dry and sore at all so I gave up the moisturiser after a couple of cycles. Since I’ll be three weeks out of chemo on Monday I might have a celebratory epilation lol since my leg hair is still fully intact! Arm hair still fully intact... eyebrows still fully intact (please stay that way!)... armpit hair growing back now. Eyelashes a little sparse but they never disappeared. Need the bald patches on my head to start to repopulate now!

Sonia that comment made me laugh. Yes I have had same but at the back end, all gone now though I think.  It just goes on and on doesnt it?  I actually feel a little bit more human today but I still cant walk very far and I have been bombing up and down the street with the dogs attached to the mobility scooter.  I really love it!  I have lost all sense of what I look like and I just dont care.  Whats left of my hair seems to be constantly stuck to my head, couldnt be bothered with drawing eyebrows and have a few lashes on each eye.  My eyes are driving me mad as I think the lash follicles are upset at the moment and I constantly feel like there is something crawling on them.  What with stuff actually going in my eye anyway I just have runny eyes all the time and have to wear sunglasses.  BUT no more nasty chemo for me.  Radiotherapy is nothing to worry about compared to what we have been through.  We can all do this.  One of my very good friends is a radiotherapist and I will try to get some helpful tips to share nearer the time.   I have read that you shouldnt moisturise before the session though and that you should continue to drink lots and lots of fluids.  Implausible Sarah I think you will probably be ok to work at the beginning as the fatigue sets in later,even after its finished.  I am going to have to leave an hour an a half to get to my sessions as apparently parking is horrendous but it will soon be over.

Hope everyone is ok. Does anyone know when we can start taking probiotics for the gut?  I have some ready along with turmeric for my joints and vit d tablets for the bones.  I cant scroll down again so I cant really see what has been going on but hope you are all ok xxxxxxxx

Hi Sonia,

Yes, I did suffer this during my T cycles. As soon as I got rid of one, another one appeared. They weren't very big but still very uncomfortable. I was also prone to spots on my face. Weird but true.

hello ladies,

Have noticed that i have 2 boil/abscess come up on my crutch area, wondering if anyone else has had this problem, as though i'm not walking strangely enough as it is!!

Too miserable outside to take photos at the moment so here's me in today's attire - tee shirt M&S relaxed style which was easy to put on and accommodates by boob enlargement., hence it looks more like a straight tee. Elephant trousers were a present from my brother from some far flung place🌏🏯. 

The hair isn't my own☹.

20190620_111105.jpg   

Implausible,

all i I can say is that I had completely underestimated the exhaustion, it was all very doable the first week and I carried on working for the first two weeks, however this week and next week I have off....and I firmly believe that it was the rads that triggered my vertigo.

my rads team also tell me it will hit me harder in the couple of weeks after it's all finished.....I'm sure you can plough through if working from home but to get your bum into the office makes me wince....we don't really get much time to recover from chemo then we're hit with rads, our bodies have taken such a bashing, it's no wonder it all builds up.....I suppose all you can do is take it a day at a time......not ideal as I expect your work need to know what's what..... xxxx