360085posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: February 2020 Chemo Starters

Thank you Vasanthy. Ah yes. It was my first docetaxel too. Feel absolutely terrible but don’t think I have covid. Only place I’ve been is hospital on Friday.  Will just have to be patient xx

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

when was admitted in emergency  during my 4th chemo which is my first docetaxol they took covid test for me also and it came negative. So don’t worry it will be negative for you also.

Hugs

Highlighted

Oh dear! I have a temperature and have been admitted to hospital to be checked for Covid 😐 Feel pretty awful 😢. It’s so quiet here and they just shut you in a room and leave you as much as possible. Will have to wait till tomorrow to find out if I’m positive or not. 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Daisy ❤️ The mountain lion story that strawberry blonde did helped me visualise to keep running up the mountain and visualising the bear rushing through you to get the tiger 🥊🥊🥊 👭 I had reduced doses from 2-6 but your reduced dose could be someone else’s 100% it’s is all done specifically for you. Everyone on the feb thread has you 👭 and won’t let go ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Daisy, it must be so frustrating and draining if they can’t pinpoint why things are happening. I guess there are so many combinations and we all react differently. Fingers crossed they sort it out quickly for you. It annoys me when the response is ‘that can happen.’
I thought I was having my last chemo this week but during my review with oncologist today she said there would be another one. Apparently because of the combination they have to do it over 4 sessions rather than 3. This was the first time they told me. I checked my consent form and they had crossed out 4 and put 3! I had just prepared myself that I could get through one more but two. Oh well, one session at a time. Best wishes to you all. 
Claire

Highlighted

Tomorrow I  am having my 6th chemo daisy. So little anxious when I think of having to Go through all the side effects again. 
anyhow it’s the last one . 

Highlighted

Thank you vasanthy for replying. I hope you are keeping well. It sure is a bumpy road back to health  Sending you my best wishes xxx

Highlighted

hi daisy

sorry to hear your side effects. Hope your oncologist can find the reason for your side effects. 

Highlighted

Hi Shi

Thanks for responding . I have only just changed 2 weeks ago across to EC .Next one due next wed so will ask about Dose . Thank you .

I was previously on paclitaxel and carboplatin.  I have had problems with WBC since cycle 3 .resulting in me missing x2 doses before i changed across to EC.  Also experienced numerous side effects and my reaction to medication isnt great . 

Just feels never ending and cant wait to get chemo finished and surgery done. Really struggling at moment .

Love 

DAISY XXX

•  
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi daisy have they reduced your chemo dose? If not that might help your neutrophils 💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hello,

So sorry to hear that Daisy. I’m with you... I want this Chemo to be finished too. How many more do you have to go?

I’m finding the injections easy and painless so all that worrying was for nothing. Docetaxel is making me feel awful today though so had to go back to bed. Can’t taste food and my mouth is tingly and sore and just feel like I’ve got no energy. I hope things settle for you soon xx

Hope everyone is doing ok this week xx

Highlighted

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all keeping well. Hope you are getting on ok with your injections Tracy.

Im having a bit of a nightmare again my neutrophils have dropped to 0.2 . They have recommend me on injections but its a hard one as they ??? Caused an allergic reaction last time. They arent sure whether it was dexamethasone or filgrastim.  They were talking about admitting me but as i have no clinical signs of infection  i will just need to call if feel unwell . Started me on antibiotics too today. Next Chemo is next Wednesday.  So fed up of all this

Love Daisy xxx. 

Highlighted

Tracy- I found the diep is a big op with a lot of recovery needed compared to a mastectomy alone. The results are good but my foob, which used to match my boob, has shrunk a bit more with chemo wt loss. My plastic surgeon said they can top it up with lipo if needed but I am not sure how much more surgery I want. I have not yet had radiotherapy so will need to see how everything looks after that.  I also feel I will need a break from interventions! My understanding is diep is best recon for longevity  comp to implants but it requires some tummy fat and means you have a mahoosive abdominal wound to heal as well.   I had c section tummy pouch and I have enjoyed losing that but the scar is a LOT bigger. There is a recon option using body tissue from your back too, it wasn’t an option for me but I also did not like the sound of losing muscle from my back.  

Highlighted

Carisma - Sounds like a good plan x

Highlighted

Hi all. 
So far Docetaxel has been ok. Feel very slight change to my breathing and having hot flushes 😐 Great that treatment was so much faster today though. 
Still nervous about doing the injections but I’m sure that will improve once I’ve started doing them! 

How was your reconstruction? I will have to choose but any reconstruction will be delayed due to Covid and I will likely have a mastectomy and will choose to have a reduction done on other side so looking at quite a big operation in July and then radiotherapy. 
Tracy xx

Highlighted

Hi Vornsta

I opted not to go for reconstruction, partly as I may need radiotherapy and any reconstruction I had would have involved an implant.  At the time of my mastectomy and node clearance, having had a lumpectomy about 6 weeks previously, I also just wanted the surgery/recovery to be as uncomplicated as possible.

x

Highlighted

Are you having reconstruction Carisma? I had a diep x

Highlighted

Congratulations Tomaschix!!! 
hope yr docetaxel is ok Tracy?

hope you feel ok Daisy?
good luck for next week’s chemo Vasanthy, last one- amazing! 

Highlighted

hi everyone

carisma- I am doing ok . Have my blood test this Sunday for my chemo on Tuesday. Hope it goes ok. 

Vornsta- half you through👍. For me one more to go

thomaschix - congrats on finishing  the chemo 👏👏🌹🌹

Tracy- all the best for this cycle to go without any side effects

daisy - hope you are feeling good now

Highlighted

Hi Thomaschix,

Glad to year you have finished your chemo. I’m in the chair today and glad to think I will be on my last treatment six weeks today if all goes to plan. 
I’ve lost a lot of hair too. About 70 - 80% and very baldy on top and back. Thin eye brows and lashes but about to have Docetaxel for first time today so will probably follow you. Painting on eyebrows is helping me feel normal 😋 

Like you I am desperate to get out for a walk! 
Hope you feel better soon and all goes well when you have your surgery xx

Highlighted

Morning all

i used cold cap so have had a lot of hair thinning but just finished last round of docetaxol so waiting for it to start growing back now. It kept shedding after FEC but that was because of the docetaxol which made my eye lashes come out completely and have very little eyebrow except for stubble.

had last chemo yesterday so feeling very emotional about it all today. 4 week wait for mastectomy now and hoping I can finally leave the house then for a little walk!!! 

Highlighted

I shaved and definitely have an even spread of stubble 6 weeks post final ec but I am now on pacli (done 4 weeks) so not sure if it will go again! Have kept my eyelashes and about 2/3 my eyebrows throughout so far 🤞🏻
Hope everyone is ok? I am now at the half way stage for chemo- 8 treatments done, 8 to go!

Highlighted

Morning Vasanthy

Yes, my hair has started to grow again since finishing FEC.  

Hope you're doing ok?

Highlighted

Hi all

is anyone getting their hair back after FEC 

Highlighted

You are having a time of it Daisy! I hope you are able to feel better soon xxx

I’m hoping the Docetaxel doesn’t give me more side effects than EC did. Is it the EC that’s causing you all these problems or the steroids etc? 
I have three cycles of Docetaxel to go at three weekly intervals. I’m keeping myself going by thinking that if everything goes ahead on Friday chemo could be all done in six weeks time. 
I’m staying very safe... still in lockdown here for another three weeks. My younger son is 21 in about a months time. Hoping we will be allowed to have a socially distant birthday meeting but not too likely! How do the new rules in England affect you? Will it make it more tricky with you shielding? T x

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

Sorry to hear about tooth but glad its settling . Toothache is horrible. 

Im not to great again today. Experiencing side effects of face swelling /throat tightness and so tired all of the time . Have also got discomfort under my arm / breast to today.  Cant wait to say feel better . 

Hope your bloods are ok .? How many treatment have u got left to go Tracy  ? 

Hope you are staying safe in Scotland.  

Love Daisy xx

Highlighted

Hi Daisy,

All fine today. Had bloods taken this morning so just have to wait and see whether everything ok for Friday. Have had an uncomfortable wisdom tooth but it’s settled down today. 
How are you today?

Love Tracy xxx

Highlighted

Hi Everyone 

How are you all doing today  ? 

Love Daisy xxxx

Highlighted

Hi  Charisma 

Thank you for your kind words. Im hoping without the medication i will feel better tomorrow.  

Hope your nose and eyes feel better tomorow.

Hopefully not to much longer to go till we get all done 

Big hug

Daisy xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Daisy

Hope you begin to feel better now that they've stopped the injections and steroids. You've had a rough time of it.  Sometimes its hard to pinpoint where your symptoms are coming from.  It  My eyes and nose are constantly streaming and I was blaming the chemo (as I do everything) but now I wonder if I may have developed hayfever.

xx

Highlighted

Hi Charisma 

Glad to hear that you are able to have your treatment tomorrow and that your bloods are ok. Good that you have all medications in place but hopefully u wont need them and sail through.

Tracy

Hope your treatment goes ok this week.

Thomaschix

Hope your scan went ok today .

Vasanthy  

Hope you are doing ok too.

Sending love to everyone else on the feb starters.

Ive had a rough day . Had to ring consultant as it appears i may have reacted to dexamethasone/filgrastim injections. Both have been discontinued.  My face is swollen .Ears ringing  and tightness in throat again  just struggling with all these SE . 

Love Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Hi Vasanthy

I was wondering how you were getting on as I think you are a couple of weeks ahead of me.  I am so glad to hear that your second docetaxol was not as harsh as your first.  I had my blood tests today and good to go for my second dose tomorrow.  I do feel more prepared this time round though as I still have some of the stronger painkillers and diazepam left if I suffer spasms this time round. It's good to be able to see the end of this part of the journey at least!

Thomaschix - hope your appointment went well.  

x

Highlighted

Hi all

hope everyone coping well

daisy- hope your first EC is not giving that much side effect and you are feeling great 

thomaschix All the best for your appointment 

carisma for me also it took extra week to recover when compared to fec but the suffering was less when compared to first docetaxol.

one more to go next week and after that have an mri appointment on 2 Nd June and with surgery gp on 4 th June. 

fingers crossed.

anyhow happy that chemo is going to finish 

Highlighted

Hi Everyone 

Its so strange how treatment regime differs across the country. There doesnt seem to be a consistency.  

Its a very dull day here in the midlands. Not like yesterday.

Ive just finished the steriods today which I'm pleased about as they make me feel a bit rough. 

Take Care 

Daisy 

Highlighted

Thanks for the kind thoughts for tomorrow.

i find the differences in treatments really interesting. I’ve had injections with both FEC and Docetaxol but only one injection the day after my treatment. Not for a week like others?!

its cold and very windy here compared to Friday when I got sunburnt!!! but no snow! 

Highlighted

Hi everyone and thank you 😊 for all the advice on the injections. I will ask the nurses if they know why they don’t give the injections with EC in my area. 

We are having bizarre weather here today! Snow showers! Has anyone else got snow today?

Good luck Thomaschix for your appointment with the surgeon and I hope everyone has as good a week as they can. 

Best wishes xx

Highlighted

Hi

Hope Everyone is keeping well .

Thomaschix . Good luck with your appt with the surgeon tomorrow.

Tracy . Hope your treatment this week goes well and you are ok with the injections

Love and thoughts to everyone else on feb forum 

Keep safe

Love Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Hi - hope every one is doing well. 

I have had the filgrastim injections throughout my chemo too (for 7 days with FEC and the same now with Docetaxol.  I think the thought of doing them is worse than actually doing them.  I had back pain on the last day of the injections other than this latest time when the strong painkillers for the muscle spasms took  care of the back pain too.   

Today is really the first day I've felt 100% well after my first D - with FEC this would have happened a week earlier.  I'm due my second session on Tuesday so hope it is a little kinder this time round - on the plus side only one more to go after that.  Then I will be waiting to hear from my oncologist whether I need radiotherapy or not - I have had mixed messages as far as that is concerned.  

Highlighted

That’s interesting, I’ve had 5 rounds so far. 3EC and 2 Docetaxel (with Pertuzumab and trastuzumab). With each one I had both steroids and injections. 7 days of filisgram injections with each one. I assumed that came with all chemo. I did find the injections made me ache but that has improved. I found them ok to administer just don’t over think it and be confident. Pinching and holding where you are going to inject helps. Definitely get them out of the fridge at least 30 mins before. I have been quite lucky with SE. Taste changes and feeling a bit sick. Taking domperidone but not convinced it works for me. One more chemo to go and several more targeted therapy. 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Artycart injections opposite side of belly button about 2-3 inches away and not in same place, grab a bit of belly, stick it in plunge down listen for the click, release let the needle spring back up and you are done and then chuck it in the sharps bin. Epsom salt baths helped with any bone pain they might cause. Do double check with your team how they want you to do it 👍always take their instruction ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

I found I didn’t really get nausea with the EC until my last two cycles. And even then I didn’t really need to take much medication. As long as I drank loads of water and ate regularly it seemed to be ok. I took a few Domperidone last week as I was feeling really awful and very tired but all better this week. I had two EC in each arm and both now have very sore veins. The left one the vein is tight like a cord and if I stretch out my arm it pulls and is really painful. That’s the main problem I had with it. 
Haha! I have some rice in the cupboard so will try making a heat pad. I wonder why I didn’t  have to take the injections with EC? They just gave me a large steroid capsule an hour before treatment. 
I haven’t got a date yet for another scan as I have 3 Docetaxel to go.  

Highlighted

Hi Tracy 

Hope you are feeling ok. Yes i use the pillows on the sofa too. 

I had to have the injections (filgrastim) and also on this EC treatment. My tip would be take them out of the fridge ar least 30 mins prior to injecting and also i found doing them on an evening is better. They did give me joint pain so i found that by this was better as could sleep it off rather than trying to walk about. Also try a heat pad .  I have brought loads and burnt them all in the microwave!  I have now made some using a odd sock and rice which i find is better than the shop brought ones. Can also add essential oils to so smells nice.

Do you have a date yet for scan ? Any tips for the EC treatment. ? Ive taken the Emend Anti sickness. Ondansatron  anti sickness and got  Domperidone if required. Also Dexamethasone for 3 days then the filgrastim injections to start on Sunday for 3 days.  

Take Care

Love Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Hi all,

Daisy - Im glad to hear you’re ok with the EC. It did make me fall asleep a lot and the side effects have seemed to get a bit more each time. 
Thanks for the recommendation re gel pillows. I’ve been having hot flushes now and again but they aren’t really happening in bed so much, though I could use them just sitting on the sofa to cool me down 😂 
I will be starting Docetaxel next week and I will have to inject myself for a week afterwards. Did anyone have to do this? I would be grateful for any tips please xx

Great that we are on the downward slope of chemo.  Three to go for me xx

Highlighted

Thats fantastic news im so pleased to hear that. Great to think you have only one treatment left too. Yes try and rest as much as you can. I know its must be difficult with a little one to look after too. Was your tumour big to start with ? 

Yes pillows are worth a try. They are only thin so u put them either inside your pillow or on top. There is no need to put them in fridge or anything they just stay cool.

I also use them for my feet if they get hot. 

Take Care and hope appt with breast surgeon goes well for you.

Love 

Daisy xxxx

Highlighted

Evening Daisy

glad you had your treatment and that you’re feeling ok. I’m totally wiped out these past few days and definitely needing to rest more!

thanks for the heads up on the pillows. I think I’m starting to have hot flushes. Every now and again my face just gets soooo hot!!!!! Might invest in a pillow. 

i had MRI results yesterday and they showed that tumours have completely shrunk so just one chemo left next week and then surgery (appointment on Monday to discuss and plan).

hope you carry on feeling well xx

Highlighted

Hi  

Dont know if this will help anyone but if you are experiencing hot flushes. The gel cool pillows from amazon 2 for 9.99 are really good.

Im finding that due to chemo its brought on menopause symptoms and im just getting hot flushes.  These are so much better in my opinion than a fan. Afterwards i shall use them for my dog to keep her cool when its hot. 

Take Care

Daisy xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Everyone 

Hope you are all doing ok and keeping safe. Just had my 1st cycle of EC today .Just feel so tired but ok. 

The Nurse said we are on the downward bit of chemo now so that felt nice to hear. She also said that she didnt think there is much of a delay if any for surgery.

Also it was much quicker than i thought. 

Take Care and keep safe 

Love Daisy xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

Sorry to hear you have had difficult time last week . I know what you mean its makes it even harder having to self isolate so its hard to keep mind active.

Ive got the EC treatment tomorrow im a bit nervous regarding any side effects.

Im still getting tightness in my throat / chest but oncologist doesnt know why.

I can understand why we need the radiotherapy/ ???? Extra chemo but it just feels never ending at times.

Hope you have  had a better day 

Love Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Hi Daisy, sorry to hear you may have more treatment to go through than expected. I have also been told that I will have to have radiotherapy after surgery and oral chemo has also been mentioned. I’m thinking it’s because it’s TNBC and there are no other treatments they can give us? 
So sorry you are in pain too. I had a bad week last week and like you I was really down but this week I am bouncing back... it’s a cliche but this is definitely a rollercoaster and to be honest I don’t ever go on them by choice!! 
Sending hugs 🤗 

Tracy xx

Highlighted

Thank you so much vornsta . Thats such a true saying. None of us would have wanted to be here going through all these hard times. Just think im having a bad day and feeling such discomfort in my chest today and under my arm . Hope you are doing  ok 

Thanks again 

Take Care 

Love 

Daisy xxxx