cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: February 2020 Chemo Starters

Hi Tracy

Glad you are doing ok and that you have a plan for surgery. The actual surgery i didnt feel was to bad . The worst part for me was the drains. Pain was managable. I stayed in over night. 

They will give u a front fasting bra which im still wearing now as its more comfortable than the one i ordered from Asda. It hard at moment due to Covid in going shopping as we normally would.

Ive not been feeling to great in an emotional sense.  I have never suffered from Anxiety before but im finding it hard at the moment as i just feel so tired all the time and very weepy . ( Not sure if its the medically induced menopause as well which isnt helping) Also im so nervous about starting the oral chemo after side effects previously. I hate being like this especially in front of my children . I just want to feel like me again .

I have stopped googling and going on any other forums for TNBC as i think im making myself much worse. Any other tips for keeping mind in one piece gratefully received. 

You will be fine through surgery and it will soon be another step completed.

Sending virtual hug

Love 

Daisy xx

Highlighted

Hi Daisy, Hi everyone,

How are you feeling now? It’s been such a tough time but you’re doing so well as are we all. We should all be wearing capes 💪 !!
I’m doing ok this week. I have my pre anaesthetic Assessment on Tuesday and expect my surgery at the beginning of August. I contacted my BCN who gave me some info and put my mind at rest that I would be top priority to get surgery as soon as possible. I was asking her about post surgery bras as I’m finding it very difficult to find anything suitable. If anyone has any recommendations that would be great. The problem I’m having is  that mastectomy bras and soft bras don’t come in larger cup sizes 😠  

The BCN also said to wear cotton pants or they would make me take them off to go to theatre! Which did make laugh. No lacy underwear allowed.

Hope you are all doing ok xx T

Highlighted

Thank you shi for all the kind words and support. Its much appreciated.

How are you all doing?

Love 

Daisy xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Daisy 👭 exactly, if you are given the information you can start to plan how you step through it, you’ve already stepped through treatments brilliantly, don’t forget that 👍 this is just a lap of honour 👍👍to do to give it an extra whammy 👍 you are amazing and stronger than you know you are ❤️ Now please be kind to yourself ❤️ Big hug 💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Thank you so much shi.

Really appreciate your reply . Will contact the nurse to ask about the cape /radiotherapy 

Just trying to take one day at a time as i think im getting anxious due to lack of info  xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Daisy ❤️👭❤️ Please do use the number on here and speak to a nurse, They will be able to help with questions you are wanting to ask with your bcn not supporting you ❤️ Step by step and one day at a time daisy ❤️ Be gentle with yourself you’ve had a lot on ❤️😘💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi

Daisy- still I don’t have a clear picture. She said it will be for 6-8 cycles . My radiotherapy will be after this chemo. I know how you feel as I am also going through the same. But as per Onco it increases  the percentage of non recurrence so I am thinking of going for it. My wish is that  the side effects will be less. 

Vornsta congrats on finishing your chemo. 

Highlighted

Hi Vasanthy

Sorry to hear more chemo too. Did the oncologist say how long oral chemo is for? I just wasnt sure if it was before radiotherapy or after ? 

Vornsta

So glad to hear that chemo is finished for you. Well done and wishing you well for the radiotherapy.  

Tracy 

Glad to hear your scan went well. Have u got date for surgery yet ?

Thomaschix 

Hows the recovery going and  hope the exercise is going ok ? 

Hope everyone else is also doing ok sorry if not mentioned you in name.

Ive not posted as not felt to great really struggling with the thought of more chemo . My breast care nurse isnt the most helpful really and doesnt return calls or seem to know about what will happen next. Ive rang oncologist to ask for appt which is on 27th . Just feel like ive been left to get on with it all and im struggling mentally to get my head around it all. Im normally such a positive person but cant seem to pick myself up at the moment. Im still getting discomfort from surgery and some back pain . But if i had a choice i would do surgery anytime instead of the chemo. I know with Tnbc that its the only choice we have but that just scares me silly . Im so scared . Sorry to sound so negative as i really dont want to feel this way. My daughter is due to go to university in sept as i was so hoping to feel better by then. 

Love 

Daisy xxx

Highlighted

So sorry to hear your news Daisy and Vasanthy. Rubbish to face more treatment but you can do it 💪

Hope yr scan results are all good Artycart- sounds positive so far.

I finished chemo today and as I had surgery beforehand I have no idea if it has worked or not. Just need to keep the faith that it has worked. Radiotherapy, zoledronic acid and aromatase inhibitors next.

I rang the bell and had my PICC line removed - at the beginning the end felt so far away.  Although you may have a little detour on your treatment journey you will get to the end of it, they know what they are doing these oncs.

best wishes to everyone 
Vxxx

Highlighted

Hi Vasanthy, I don’t have a date yet for surgery but the doctor who did the ultrasound said things looked good and all she could really see was calcifications which would not have been affected by chemo. I hope to have my surgery very soon though as my surgeon said it would probably be fine in July xx

Highlighted

Hi Tracy 

have you got your Apointment for surgery. Hope your scan went well. 

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Daisy and Vasanthy - I’m so sorry that you have both had disappointing news from your pathology results. With TNBC I guess we all have a higher chance of having to have more chemo as there are no other drug treatments available. I’m preparing myself for something similar too. I’ve already been told I will need radiotherapy after surgery. 
I am thinking about you all and sending hugs and best wishes xx T

Highlighted

hi daisy 

yes I have to have radiotherapy also. 

once this oral chemo finished then I have to go for radiotherapy . 

As per onco it’s an option for me as we don’t have any other treatment once radiotherapy is over and it increases the percentage of non recurrence  She has given me 3 days to think and come back on Monday . 
hoping this oral chemo will give less side effects. 

Highlighted

Hi Vasanthy

I really know how u feel. Just feels never ending.  Im Triple negative too.

Do you have to have radiotherapy too ?

Have u started xeloda yet ? 

Thinking of you and sending you a virtual hug .

Love

Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Hi Daisy

sorry to hear it wasn’t better news. Did they give any indication as to what regime of chemotherapy you might need?

hopefully you can hold in mind that you’ve got through the chemo once and can do it again!!

how are you feeling from the surgery? 

xx

Highlighted

hi all

hope everyone are ok. 
Got my report today. Me also like daisy not happy with that. 

They removed 10 lump nodes. Out of that one had a small micrometassis of .5mm and in the tumor there was some residual cancer cells . 

as I am TNBC my onco told me that I have to oral chemo upto 6-8. Cycles ( 21 weeks each)

each day I have to take tablet called xeloda. Ah I feel so dejected.

Highlighted

Hi Everyone 

Hope you are all doing well.

Im not feeling to great after pathology results yesterday they feel that i will need more chemo and radiotherapy. Awaiting call from oncologist as not sure yet what plan is all i know is   There is one node left that he couldn't get in surgery . He is not sure if cancerous or not.  He removed 9 lymph nodes 6,/9 were cancerous .

Im just dreading the thought of more chemo after all the problems that i have had .

I was praying i would just need radiotherapy. 

My head is all over the place 

Love

Daisy xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Daisy ❤️So sorry to hear your beloved dog has passed away ❤️ They are so much more than pets ❤️ So sorry 😘💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Dear Daisy,

I am so sorry to hear about your dog, really sad. I was devastated when my dog died many years ago.

I hope your recovery goes well?

Dear Thomaschix,

hope yr arm mobility improves. I have heard from several people that doing the exercises is really important for the longer term but it can be tricky to find motivation.

Dear Artycart,

hope you are feeling better after last chemo and good luck for Thursday! 

love to everyone else, all ok?

my last chemo is this thurs then radio, got radio consent meeting this tuesday, talking to my plastic surgeon tomorrow- busy week! 

all the best,

Vornsta xxx

Highlighted

So sorry to hear about your loss Daisy. She looks like a gorgeous girl.

glad to hear you are feeling ok after surgery. How is your shoulder/arm movement? Mines not great but totally my own fault for not doing my exercises often enough

i have an appointment wednesday to find out about radiotherapy and how it will fit in with other treatment.

hope your results appointment goes well

tracy - how are you feeling from last chemo?

xx

Highlighted

Hi Daisy,

So sorry to hear about your lovely dog passing away. That must have been so hard to deal with along with everything else. Sending hugs xx

Glad to hear that surgery went well and no tumour was seen. Fingers crossed for good news when you get your pathology results next week. 
Hope everyone else is doing well xx

Highlighted

Hi Everyone 

Hope you are all doing ok. Not posted for a while as my beloved dog of 11 years has died . We are heartbroken. She has a seizure as i went in for surgery for mastectomy and Axillary node clearance.  It was so hard as i didnt know what was happening as i was in hospital. She has been such a wonderful companion  

20171026_123428.jpg

During surgery the anaesthetic broke my  front tooth . Surgery gone ok . The drains are where it is painful. So i was glad to have them out on wednesday. He said couldnt see Tumour in breast area  but surgery took longer due to lymph nodes matted. The drains were not painful on removal and managing now on paracetamol and ibuprofen.  Got pathology results on Wednesday afternoon which im nervous about.

Has anyone started Radiotherapy yet ? 

Love and Best wishes to you all

Daisy xxxx

Highlighted

We’ve been allowed to meet up with people outside too and it’s been the best relief from the monotony of being stuck in!!! 
I hope they don’t make you shield any longer than the end of the month (they asked me to shield for surgery due to possible risk of coming into a hospital with COVID) but thankfully things getting less restrictive so fingers crossed for us all

ill be on the Kadcyla for 14 x 3 weekly cycles so takes me up to April next year!!!

ill be having one hell of a holiday then!!!!

Highlighted

Hi Thomaschix,

My unit had just moved back into their proper wards a day before my treatment so things were pretty hectic but I don’t think they have a bell! A bit of a shame so it was all quite low key. 
Next for me is lots of scans on 9th July which I’m quite nervous about then surgery asap. Then I’ll be having radiotherapy too. There won’t be any other treatment for me after that as I have Triple Negative.
I hope the Kadcyla doesn’t have side effects like other chemo regimes though and that you can escape from shielding. Do you have to stay on that for a long time? It’s been a long haul already combined with Covid and shielding so I hope your little one can get back to nursery and you to work. I’m hoping that I can escape shielding once my immune system is back to normal as Scotland is shielding until end of July. We are already allowed to meet up with family outside which has been a lovely relief and go out for walks though I’m not able for that just now. 

T x

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

glad you’ve had your last chemo (but boo to the side effects!). What’s the plan for you next? Did you ring the chemo bell at your unit?

im recovering well from surgery although my arm and shoulder are still stiff but I’m a bit naughty with doing my exercises!!!!

plan is for radiotherapy and have a meeting with the radiotherapist next week. Looks like it will be 15 sessions as I can’t have the condensed 5 sessions due to lymph node involvement but that will be confirmed next week I guess

big change is to my ongoing targeted treatment. I was due to continue on herceptin but that’s now being changed to Kadcyla, an “antibody drug conjugate” which is also a chemotherapy drug! Pretty gutted to be back on a chemo regime but needs must. Just hoping that COVID won’t mean I have to continue working from home and keeping little one off nursery past the 16th August when shielding is due to end in Wales!!!!

hope everyone else doing ok xx

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

I have been thinking about you all and hoping that you are all coping ok xx My last chemo went fine and I am now battling through the horrible side effects but thankfully no temperature this time. I’m as weak as a kitten this week but looking forward to getting on with the next stage of treatment. 

Vornsta - Hope your chemo is still going ok and that you will soon be finished. I know what you mean... radiotherapy is a bit scary as it’s new but sure we will take it in our stride as we have with everything else xx

Daisy - Have been thinking about you lots and hope that recovery is going ok after surgery xx

Thomaschix - How are you now? Are you having radiotherapy now that surgery is done? 
 Vasanthy - Hope you are doing well. 

Tracy xx

Highlighted

Hi Artycart, good luck for last chemo! Hope it goes well and you can have a cheeky celebration 🎉
I have been having it weekly so not long to go for me with chemo. Then a short break and 3 weeks of radiotherapy which I feel scared about because it is new. I didn’t think I wd be able to manage chemo though so I guess it will be ok.

hope all you post op ladies are doing well?

love,

Vornsta x

Highlighted

Hi Vornsta,

Well done on your 10th Pacli. Is that given weekly? Not long now till you are finished xx Hope it doesn’t make you feel too bad. 

Daisy ~ Hope you’re doing well following your surgery. I’m sure it’s not a walk in the park but I hope you’re coping ok xx

Thomaschix ~ How is recovery going? Do you still have your drain? My sister is a brilliant sewer and she is going to make me a couple of drain bags from the pattern in case I get both done xx

Vasanthy ~ How are you doing now? Hope things are going well.

All prepared mentally and physically for my last chemo tomorrow xx

All the best to everyone on this lovely supportive group xx

Highlighted

How are you doing Daisy? Hope you are ok? 
Everyone else ok? 
I had 10/12 pacli today- not long to go

Highlighted

Dear Daisy,

hope today goes really well and that your recovery is uneventful.

love,

Vornsta x

Highlighted

Hi Daisy,

The best of luck for your surgery. Thinking about you xx

Highlighted

Hi Daisy 

good luck for your surgery 

hugs

Highlighted

Thank you Vasanty. Glad you are feeling ok after surgery. Hope your drain isnt to painful and each day you feel better.  Hope the exercises make it easier too .

Love 

Daisy xxxx

Highlighted

Hi daisy

i am feeling good and managing the pain with paracetamol every 6 hrs. Waiting for this drain to be removed. As shi said eat nicely and keep your strength up. I also had the pain in my shoulder before the surgery as of now I am

not feeling any pain after surgery . 

hopefully yours also goes after surgery . 
all the best for your surgery and keep up the positive attitude.

Highlighted

Hi Daisy, strangely I had a stiff arm before my surgery that disappeared. Hadn’t even considered that it could have been the lump in my lymph nodes that was causing it but possibly was. Hopefully the surgery will help with the pain. 
radiotherapy planning was fine. They just took a position scan and did 3 small tattoo dots so they can line me up in the machine each time. Should get first appointment in about 3 weeks.

Highlighted

I thought it was today your last one. Sorry  Tracy my mind all over the place. Good luck for MRI scan.

Hopefully all will soon be a bit easier for us all 

Love 

Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Hi Daisy,

I have a week until my last chemo. I’m dreading it but will be so happy to know it’s done. I’ve got an appointment for an MRI scan on 9th July so everything crossed for the results of that xx

Im sure the waiting before the surgery must be tough with the fear of the unknown. I’m sure I will be the same in a few weeks. Sending you lots of hugs for now and for after surgery xx

T x

Highlighted

Thanks Shi for the support. I think its not helping with not having anyone to come with me. Im hoping that the surgery will ease the pain in my chest and under my arm. Not sure yet if it will be day surgery ( they seem to aim for this ) 

Will do the exercises and take it easy afterwards.

Love Daisy xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Daisy ❤️ You will be 👍 try to eat to keep strength up 👍 just take it steady after op, let everything knit back together gently, do your exercises, step by step you will be 👍💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

How did your last Chemo go ?  Xxxx

Vasanthy and Thomaschix 

How are you both feeling? 

Caead

How did your radiotherapy meeting go ?

Im getting a bit nervous now for surgery . Trying to keep focused. Just completely lost my appetite too.

Sending everyone lots of love

Daisy xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Vasanthy

How r u feeling now ? Hope you are able to get some rest .

Love

Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Hi dears

daisy- yes my surgery went well. Still have the effects of anesthesia and staying overnight as physiotherapist will be visiting to teach the exercise by today only and probably will get discharged by evening. As of now not that much pain due to paracetamol . All the best for your surgery on 23rd. My radiation will be decided after the pathology report.

Tracy- one more to go yaay. Then you can relax a bit. 

caed- Hopefully mine will

be derided after the pathology report only. Waiting eagerly to finish everything. All the best for your radiation to go well. 

Thomaschix- happy to hear you are doing well after surgery. 

hugs 

Highlighted

Thank you Daisy, yes I had surgery first. In December. Wasn’t the initial plan of action. If Her2 positive they said It would be chemo first. However they couldn’t get the Her2 result from biopsy so decided to go ahead with surgery first. The tumour was small so I guess easy to get clear margins. Well that’s how I understand it. As it was Her2+ I have a year of antibody treatment which still means going in every 3 weeks for a drip. Only takes about an hour. I’ve had 4 already alongside chemo. Not sure of final dates. I’ve also got to start on the tamoxifen in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed I won’t have to shield for much longer but who knows. I’ve been ok  staying in but as lockdown is changing Will be hard if I have to miss out on family getting together. 
Hope your dog makes a speedy recovery.

Highlighted

Hi Caead

Wishing you well for your radiotherapy meeting on Friday.  Hopefully Nearly all will soon be done for you.  Am i right in thinking that you had surgery first ?  Its been a long few months especially with the Covid situation..

My dog hasnt been very well this evening so currently camping overnight on the sofa to keep my eye on her. 

Hows the sheilding going ? 

Love Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Hi Daisy, I have my radiotherapy planning meeting on Friday. Will be a week since last chemo. Will find out then when it is due to start. Oncologist said it would be around 3-4 weeks.

Highlighted

Thanks Thomaschix . Yes bet its hard to get some rest with a  little one to look after  hope you are getting some rest now too to recover xxx 

Highlighted

Mine was single Mx with full mode clearance And had to be in at 7.30am but I stayed in overnight and was glad I did. Don’t let them send you home if you don’t feel ready to go home (I was glad of a night away from the little one to get some rest).

plan is to have radiotherapy but it’ll be confirmed on Monday. Will keep you posted x

Highlighted

Hi Caead 

Thank you for the best wishes and for the picture of your bag. Hope you are keeping well and has your radiotherapy started ?

Hi Vasanthy

Hope your surgery has gone well today and  wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hi Tracy

Hope your temp is ok now .The filgrastim injections are really not nice with the side effects. Wishing you well for your last Chemo on Friday 

Hi shi and vornsta 

Hope you are ok and keeping well 

Hi Thomaschix

Loving the bag and also your trousers. Hope you are feeling ok and each day getting stronger. Thanks for sharing yiu tips. I will remember not to wear white pjs. My surgery is apparently  a day case ( single mastectomy with node clearance) i have to be there for 730 am on Tuesday. Its strange to have to wait on our own. Im getting anxious really. Glad to hear that your pain is well controlled. Do you have to have radiotherapy? 

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry if ive forgot anyone .

Love

Daisy xxxx

Highlighted

Thanks Thomaschix. I will have a stab at making one. 😊 x

Highlighted