cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

February 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: February 2020 Chemo Starters

Hi Thomaschix

Ive got scan booked in fir 15th june whether or not they are able to bring it forward im not sure.

My last scan showed it had shrunk from 4.6 cm to 2.6cm but stable under arm 

Will just be glad to get it out like we all are . 

How are you feeling about surgery ? Do u know if you have to have rads too ?  ( sorry if asked before !)

Love 

Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Ah bless you Daisy that sounds really scary. Hope you’re ok.

it sounds as if you have already completed a lot of chemo so hopefully it’s done it’s job and surgery will be a good option for you. 
have you had a scan to review the progress? (Sorry if you’ve already said)

Highlighted

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all doing well. Glad ur surgery has moved to a private hospital not long to wait now.

Hope you are feeling much better Tracy now you are back home.

I had my 2nd EC yesterday and while i was fine at the unit and on administration. I experienced an anaphylactic reaction and had to call 999. So spend till 4am in AE they didnt want to admit me due to high number of Covid Pts. I was given prednisolone and piriton . My oncologist is discussing with the Breast care team whether it would be in my best interests to being surgery forward ( i have completed 9 treatments 9 paclitaxel/,carboplatin and 2x Ec). Although i want the best treatment that is needed i would be relieved to not feel so poorly 

Love 

Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Good luck for your op Thomaschix! 

Highlighted

Evening all

Glad your feeling better for being at home Artycart....nothing quite like your own bed!

Daisy, I hope treatment went ok and side effects are kinder to you this time round

my op has been moved forward 2 days (2 weeks yesterday) and is now in a private hospital which is reassuring as the hospital I was planned to be in has one of the highest COVID rates around.....all stocked up on new pjs and slippers now ready for it!!

Highlighted

Hi Daisy,

Yes it’s been lovely being home. I’m feeling better more quickly just with having a good sleep and being able to get fresh air xx

I hope the changes to your chemo help with all the side effects you’re having and that you don’t need to go to A&E. All the best for tomorrow xx

I still have two more cycles to go too. Next one next Friday though my oncologist has booked a phone appointment beforehand to see how I am as he said they might give me a delay to recover. 
I have intermittent stabbing pains in my breast and today I had strange tingling crawling sensations on the side with the lump. I also sometimes feel that my underarm is a bit tender in specific spots. What type of pain are you getting?

How is everyone else doing? Thomaschix, how are you and how long do you have until your surgery?

Thank you all for your help keeping me sane while in hospital and for your support. It was so much appreciated to have people who understood and cared even though we’ve never met xx
Tracy xx

Highlighted

Hi Tracy 

How are you feeling now your outbof hospital ? Bet you were glad to sleep in your own bed 

Hope everyone is keeping well .

I have spoke to my oncologist today and he had reduced the dose of my EC tomorrow and changed the dexamethasone to prednisolone to see if that helps me. Beem very breathless today and burping alot so not sure if its Heartburn. Told me to go up to AE if no better . So will see what tomorrow brings. Temp and Sats are fine.  

Looks like got another 2 sessions left after tomorrow . Has anyone had any breast pain /,Axilla discomfort. 

Im just hoping tomorrow SE are easier

Wishing you all sweet dreams 

Love 

Daisy xxxx

Highlighted

Great news Artycart. Hope you can enjoy some sunshine this evening and sleep well in your own bed x

Highlighted

Great News Tracy

Glad u are going home and can recover in your own surroundings. 

Take Care

Love 

Daisy xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘great news Artycart πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Daisy,

Finally my temp has sorted itself out. I’m just waiting for my husband to collect me. Still feel like I’ve had the stuffing knocked out of me but I’m looking forward to getting outside for some fresh air. 
Hope everyone is well today xx

Tracy. 

Highlighted

Hi Vasanthy 

How are you feeling today with your pains and headache ,?

Sending you best wishes 

Love 

Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

How are you today ? Thinking of you and sending you best wishes.

Love

Daisy xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Artycart 😁 the threads were a lifeline especially when having casa nhs stint during chemo πŸ‘­ we’ve all got uptown funk at the ready for when you get home so we can πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»With you πŸ‘ turn everything into celebration, keep 😁 and treat yourself to a new top or something you like when you get home too πŸ‘ Hope your onc or one of the team see you tomorrow 🀞 that’s good your neutrophils are holding up πŸ‘ hope you’ve good menu at your casa nhs, mine was like a mini harvester menu at mine it was great πŸ˜‹ like school dinners again 😁 hope you get some rest tonight πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Shi, 

I haven’t heard anything from my Onc. The doctors said they would contact him. I will ask about this tomorrow. Neutrophils were going in the right direction yesterday. Up to 1.5 from 1.3 and they thought that the infection would die down once that Started to happen. They gave me an extra filgrastim injections yesterday. As it’s Sunday there were no blood tests done today so will see tomorrow what’s going on. 
Thank you 😊 for your support

T x

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

sorry to hear you are still in hospital. Hope the onco finds the reason soon for the temperature and you can return home. 

Me still suffering from my side effects . This time my left side shoulder and back is paining more than my right side . Don’t know why . And the usual headache which is irritating . Hope it improves in another 2 or 4 days. 

Hope others are keeping good health

hugs

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Artycart πŸ‘ your mouth is feeling better and you are eating and drinking ok πŸ‘ has your onc or one of his team been in to see you while you have been in? Get your questions ready for when you have next appointment before next chemo, I.e. will they reduce next dose etc πŸ‘ try and find out what your neutrophil count is too, have they been giving you a daily blood test? πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

Dear Tracy, thinking of you, so sorry it is taking a while to get better. Hospital is no fun in normal circs, without visitors must be very dull. Hope you have access to tv etc on the new ward. Wishing you better x

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

Glad your mouth is feeling a lot better and your are able to eat and drink. 

At least you are separated from others to keep safe but must be very strange 

Hopefully tomorrow will bring a better day for you.  Its hard going through all this treatment as it is. There still time before next chemo for you to be feeling much better. 

Hope you get a good night sleep.

Take Care

Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Thanks Daisy. I feel reasonably ok when I’ve had paracetamols which takes down the temp. But very sore head when they wear off. I am able to eat and drink and my mouth is a lot better now. The ward had been moved into an ophthalmology ward due to covid. This means that I am currently in an area on my own with temporary partitions as walls and eye testing boxes with letters on them on the walls. It’s all very surreal but I’m starting to get used it now. It is hard with no visitors. Things that I need have to be given to security and a lovely nurse went and collected it for me. 
Next chemo is creeping up. Friday 5th June. No idea what will happen with that now. 
Hooe you’ve had a good weekend xx

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

So sorry that you are still having temps . How are you feeling in yourself ? Hope you have been able to eat and drink .

Understand how u must want to get home and hope tomorrow will be better.

Are you in a side room or on the ward ? It must be hard with no visitors too. Hope you have been able to pass the time.  When is your next chemo ? 

Sending you all the very best wishes 

Love 

Daisy xx

Highlighted

Hi Daisy and everyone,

Still having high temperatures. Off thevIV but not looking good for getting home tomorrow. Just have to wait and see what the doctors say tomorrow. Very tired of this but just have to stay here until somehow it gets sorted. 
Very sunny and hot tonight! Melting on my pyjamas!

How is everyone else doing?

Tracy x

Highlighted

Hi Tracy 

Hope your temp goes down and you feel better today .

Big hug 

Daisy xx

Highlighted

Hi Daisy, The rag rug sounds great. I love reusing things to make useful things. Your daughter sounds brilliant 🌟

My temp went up again this afternoon to 38 but had been ok since I think. Just going off to try and get some sleep now and see if things are better again tomorrow. Xx

Highlighted

Hows your temp now Tracy? Hope you are starting to feel better. 

Love Daisy xxx

Hope everyone is doing ok xxx

Highlighted

Im just using all odd Tshirts that we no longer wear.  I brought one of the pegs that u use to push it through but found it was just as easy to use finger ! I used the rug matting as i couldnt find any sacking which they used to use orginally.

My daughter is very much the eco warrier in our house so nothing doesnt get reused in some way or another ! .She has been busy making old pallet into beautiful planters. She has also made some lovely dream catchers out of cardboard packaging and coloured string. 

Pintrest is  a fantastic place for all ideas. I love anything thats a bit quirky and different.  

Yes home made is always best . I must admit i love homemade Apple pie and custard ! My 15 yr old  son is the baker in our house he makes a fab lemon drizzle .  Mine are like pancakes ! 

Yes we are ploughing forward now and have come a long way since January. Keep going forwards not long till we get chemo done and get to the op ! 

Take Care

Love Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Thanks for your good wishes everyone xx

Daisy - Rag rugs are lovely 😊 What design are you making? I have a collection of photos of them on Pinterest as one day I’d like to make one. Are you using strips of old clothes to make it?
I know what you mean. I would love to walk the dog again. But we’re all getting there. 
Bet the pies were yummy.  Home made always better xx

Highlighted

Hope Everyone else is keeping well and managing to keep ok in this lockdown. 

I never thought i  would miss going to the shops so much or taking the dog for a walk ! 

Im currently making a rag rug for my daughter to  take to university  just trying to  keep occupied ! ( not that im very crafy really but it passes the time ) .Also made some pies yesterday too.

Take Care 

Love Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Glad it’s going in the right direction. Fingers crossed for a good day for you x

Highlighted

Morning Tracy 

Hope you are soon feeling better and temp stays down so u can get back home Asap. Hope you are being entertained by the music man too  ! 

Take care 

Love Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Morning. I slept and felt fine earlier in the night. Still have a slight temp this morning but hope it’s still going in the right direction. Xx

Highlighted

How was your night Artycart? X

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Artycart 🀞🀞 neutrophils keep up as you are heading into nadir bit of cycle so they will be keeping very close eye on you ❀️ Looking forward to joining you celebrating with a bit of up town funk πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ» That was one of our favourite tunes back on the oct17 thread πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ» We were the party train 😁  hope you are managing to get food down πŸ‘ keep having a walk if you can even if just to loo and back πŸ‘ sending πŸ‘­πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

No they don’t know.  I had a sore throat and mouth but no other symptoms apart from the temp. My neutrophils were 1.3 and up to 1.5 but they are worried when I stop the filgrastim they will drop again as this is day 7 today. I think they will be keeping me in over the weekend to make sure things don’t go downhill again. 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Artycart ❀️ Have you asked what your neutrophil count is? Are you day 7 then in your cycle? Great tune πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ» Bit of uptown funk πŸ˜πŸ‘ Chemo jukebox will be ready to play it πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ» Whoop whoop keep your fluids up β€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

Fingers crossed for you Tracy. Do they know whats causing temp to  spike xxx

Highlighted

Hi Shi, I’m on a 21 day cycle. Two weeks today till my next one if things carry on as planned. 
I’m going to dance round the kitchen to Bruno Mars Uptown Funk when I get better xx

Thanks Daisy, I’ve still had temp all day. I’m slightly hopeful that maybe it’s not coming back this time as it’s over 4 hours since my last paracetamol  and still feeling ok 🀞 xx

Sending big hugs to everyone xx

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

How are you feeling now ? Hope your temp has come down and you are feeling better. 

Second what Shi says get ready to dance around the kitchen ? 

Sending you a big hug 

Love 

Daisy xxxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Artycart 😁 hope the meds are kicking in 🀞🀞are you on 21 day cycle I’m not sure what everyone’s on with the covid-19. And if so what day are you now in the cycle? Just remember they have seen it all before and will know what to do πŸ‘ it’s just a bit pants when you just want to be home ❀️ Have you picked a tune yet for celebration kitchen dance? Sending πŸ‘­πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

Hubby bought the little man a switch just before lockdown but I know it was secretly for him!!!! I’m already planning to steal the iPad for surgery and just face the fall out from it........

keeping fingers crossed for you xx

Highlighted

They don’t know what is causing it at the moment. I think the strong antibiotic was expected to work and now it’s a mystery. 
I don’t have any mags but I’ve got books and I’ve also got Animal Crossing to play as I treated myself to that help get through the self isolation πŸ˜‚ One of the pharmacists asked me yesterday if I had been stealing my kids Nintendo and I had to explain nope!

Hope you’re feeling better today Xx

Highlighted

Ah so sorry to hear that. 
do they know what’s causing it? 
big bugs and hope they get to the bottom of things soon. 
Hope you have plenty of trashy mags to keep you entertained x

Highlighted

Hi Thomaschix,

Unfortunately even with a strong antibiotic I’m still spiking a temperature which is quite scary. Hoping they can get this sorted out soon xx

Highlighted

Hope you managed to get some rest overnight Artycart and that you’re starting to feel better x

Highlighted

Thank you. I did wonder how it all works with radiotherapy  /reconstruction.  To be honest dont know how i will feel either. At the moment all i feel is get it out !!!  There is always time to decide at a later date. Will just be glad not to keep going for chemo and hopefully ??may have a bit energy which would be good !!! 

Hope u have a good evening

Take care everyone too 

Daisy xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

So glad you are being entertained while in hospital at least that passes the time and hopefully cheers u up.

Hopefully with iv antibiotics your temp will come down by tomorrow.

Well done on keep eating your very brave with bran flakes . They are crunchy the best of time ! 

Glad ur WBC has gone up a bit. How many chemo have u got left ?  Just keep thinking not long till surgery now . Did they give you steroids to take at home  after your EC treatment? Im going discuss it with staff next time as i feel that may be causing the reaction with my face swelling  even though they are supposed to work the other way  !! 

Hope you get some rest tonight .

Take Care

Love Daisy xxx 

Highlighted

Hope you start to feel better soon Artycart. It’s so rubbish when you can’t (or don’t want to) eat. Life’s hard enough as it is without being denied the joys of chocolate and cake!!! Hopefully the IV antibiotics will start to work soon

Daisy, it will be 4 weeks exactly between last chemo and surgery. They’ve said I’ll almost certainly have radiotherapy but no more than that in terms of plans at the moment. They won’t do immediate reconstruction because of the radiotherapy so he’ll refer me straight away for reconstruction with a view that will be about 12 months (think that’s standard rather than because of COVID). I have no idea of reconstruction options yet....or whether in a years time I’ll be a very happy uniboober and decide not to have it anyway. Kind of feel like I won’t want more surgery in a years time but it’s a long way off at the moment

Highlighted

Hi Thomaschix 

Glad u are feeling better and able to go for a little walk too and enjoyed the sunshine .

That was the plan with me too back in January but havent seen the breast consultant since. Or the breast care nurse  I wondered how long the wait is from finishing chemo to surgery. Hope u dont mind me asking but did they offer reconstruction surgery  ? I was just wondering if there may be a delay due to Covid 19. It all seems a minefield to navigate but we will get there ! . Will u have to have radiotherapy too ? 

Love Daisy xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Thomaschix,

Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better now.  Hope that you’re on the way back up from your last Docetaxel now xx

Highlighted

Hello Daisy, My temp had gone up again without paracetamol to 38.7. They’ve given me some paracetamol now so feeling a bit perkier. Cheered up also by one of the other patients whose family sent in his mouth organ. He played beautifully lots of lovely tunes. 
Ive been forcing myself to eat even though it hurts. Chose bran flakes for breakfast ouch!

Good to hear your white blood count is improving. Mine has gone up marginally which is at least one thing. 
I had four EC rounds. The last one was the worst but nothing compared to this!