352532posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

February 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: February 2020 Chemo Starters

Thanks Daisy. Took some anti-diarrhoea and feeling better this evening. Also went out for a little walk up the street. Not far but makes a massive difference for the little fella!!!

They’ve not really given any options. Full single mastectomy and full lymph node clearance. I did ask about double but they said nope and I don’t meet criteria for genetic testing. I haven’t really questioned it much to be honest although probably should do.....

Highlighted

Thanks  Shi  xxx

Thomaschix 

Glad you have got a date for surgery . That will be another  step completed back on the rd to full recovery .

Hope your diarrhoea subsides too and you can get some rest.  Must be Difficult with a 3 year old ! 

When it comes to deciding on surgery are they good at discussing your options etc ?

Love Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Hi Tracy 

Sorry to hear your mouth is so sore . I find the filgrastim injections make me feel unwell too. They make all my joints ache and just generally feel yuk. Hope your temp has started to come down with the iv antibiotics.  Hope you have been able to eat and drink today too. It must be so difficult too not having visitors like normal . Sending you a virtual hug xxx

Ive just rang unit to ask about my bloods . The white count has increased but my magnesium has dropped now so have got to go to get prescription from unit tomorrow. Hopefully bloods will be ok for next chemo on Wed. 

How many cycles of EC did you have ? 

Hope you get some rest this evening 

Love 

Daisy xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Daisy D πŸ‘ fantastic news πŸ‘ thomaschix are you going to be home same day or are you overnight? Are you having a drain? πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Thomaschix, 

Great to hear you have your date for surgery! And sorry that the Docetaxel is making you feel so unwell xx

I’m hating Docetaxel too! The filgrastim injections have been making me feel so achy and ill and my mouth is so sore! Not happy that I’ve still got two more of these to go but has to be done.
They’re going to give me IV antibiotics now as the oral ones don’t seem to be working. Sure this has got to work!

Tracy x

Highlighted

Hi Daisy,

With paracetamols I don’t feel too bad but my temp is still up without them so not sure if I can get home today. 
Very good news that your genetic test is negative. It’s such a relief to know it won’t affect your children or their children πŸ€— 
Fingers crossed your blood count is improving and you can get on with things soon xx

Highlighted

Daisy, that’s great news and fingers crossed for the bloods so you can keep going!!!!

Artycart, sorry to hear you’ve been poorly. I’ve HATED docetaxol (particularly compared to FEC). Yucky mouth (I also used fluconazole and difflam....didn’t find the nystatin helped much), everything tastes crap and the diarrhoea has been horrendous (currently lying on the bed not able to work which is unheard of for me). I’m a week post treatment so hoping it’ll start getting better but apparently the diarrhoea could be the herceptin/pertuzamab which needs to continue for a year.....god I hope not!!!!!

Got a date for my surgery (3 weeks today) so onto the next step now....

hope everyone else is doing ok x

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

How are you feeling  now ?  Hope your temperature has come down and you are starting to feel better to get back home. Hope u enjoyed the sewing Bee too. 

My gene test has come back Negative im really pleased as was worried about it for my children . 

Just been to hospital for bloods and awaiting the results of the White blood count . Hope its coming back up so i can have round 6 on wed .

Sending you best wishes 

Love Daisy xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

That’s it Artycart you get thinking about the celebration tune you’ll pick so everyone can celebrate you getting home with you πŸ‘ I know I think it was day 4-5 of my casa nhs stint when mai7 told me to have a look at them it gives you a giggle if nothing else, that and you will never look at mars bar, flake and Maltese’s the same again πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£sending πŸ‘­πŸ€žkeep safe πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Shi, I am using saline mouthwashes after eating and Nystatin drops. Still no diarrhoea and wow! Those cakes! Haha! 
Imagine getting that for your birthday 🎁 

I’m still feeling very achy and sore all over. Hope this gets better soon. Temperature and throat don’t feel quite so bad today so fingers crossed things are improving. 
Looking forward to being able to dance round my kitchen again soon xx

Highlighted

Yes definitely a boogie round the kitchen for us all ! 

Take care and hopefully home asap xxxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Artycart is it fluconzole they have you on or are you on drops or something else? T can be different on everyone but think a lot of us broke the speed of sound as it gushes out your bum, not great but true, although I have know of a few get bunged up on t too, so just keep juggling the balls πŸ‘πŸ‘ and for a giggle google Bristol stool chart cakes and you can see inventive cakes that med students make πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ sending πŸ‘­ it can be pants being in casa nhs but everyone is ready to celebrate you getting home and you pick the tune you want everyone to have a boogie round their kitchens to in celebration of you getting home πŸ‘­πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

Happy birthday Vasanthy! What a great present to have finished chemo! Perhaps you cd plan how you will celebrate next year? 

enjoy the great sewing bee Artycart 😊 hope you get out of hospital soon.

sorry you are fed up Carisma- it is such a long tough journey but then returning to normal life is also daunting afterwards- I am already thinking about what I will miss about the time off- when I started the journey all I wanted was to go back to normal life! πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Daisy- it sounds like you are having a really rough ride with chemo- everyone is different and I don’t think anyone knows why people react differently. I do hope the filgrastim does the trick and you aren’t allergic to it. If not I am sure the docs will have some other strategies to try.

I am doing ok, eyebrows and eyelashes finally going after 4 weeks of paclitaxel ☹️ Also got a few nerve tingles.  I am trying to visualise a future healthy me- it’s meant to help 🀞🏻
best wishes to all including everyone I haven’t mentioned.

Highlighted

Hope you can manage some food even if its not the best tasting .Hope you get some rest 

Enjoy the sewing bee ! 

Let us know how you are and sending lots of love 

Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Thanks Shi 😊 They’re giving me mouthwashes and anti fungal medicine. Managing to eat though the food is not great! I’ve never tasted such a disgusting jelly! Though that may be down to my ruined taste buds...

Have asked for laxatives but they are concerned that I’m more likely to get diarrhoea so have to be careful. 

Looking forward To watching The Great British Sewing Bee at 9pm so that will keep me entertained πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks everyone for your good wishes and wishing you all the best too xx

Highlighted

Thanks Shi 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Artycart even if you don’t feel like food while in casa nhs try and get some down you ❀️ And keep your fluids up, t can either give you hurricane bum which is quicker than usain bolts 100 or it will give you bitty block so have Imodium and senokot at the ready for either scenario ❀️ Keep safe πŸ‘πŸ‘­πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

Hope your headache goes and that the antibiotics kick in soon and you start to feel better so you can get back home. 

Yes not long now till all this will be done and we can plough through the surgery  

Sending you lots of love and wishing you lots of rest and a settled night.

Love Daisy xxx

Highlighted

Thank you everyone. It’s horrible being in hospital but when you’re feeling ill it’s the best place to be.
I’m still feeling achy and headachy and sometimes hot but I hope the antibiotics will now get to work. They didn’t give me anything until long after they got the results of the covid swab which was unfortunate. 
I am desperate to get this chemo over with as I’m sure we all are and this is probably the toughest part but we’re all nearly there now xx
Virtual Hugs to us all as we need them now so much but can’t really have them at the moment xx

Highlighted

Hi Everyone 

Tracy 

so sorry to hear you are in hospital but glad your covid screen was neg. How are you feeling now ? Im sending you lots of get well wishes and positive thoughts to keep ploughing on through this Chemo. 

Vasanthy 

Happy Birthday and fantastic news to finish your chemo. 

Carisma

So glad your second round wasnt as bad for you. Totally get what u mean about feeling fed up. Sending you a big hug and hope tomorrow is a better day. I also get tightness in chest and throat too.  It must be a strange feeling in thinking about going back to work following going through this harsh treatment. I must admit that im missing my work and colleagues . Never apologise for how u feel . We all understand as we make our way through this bumpy road. Ive felt really low of late too and just cant wait for the operation and to feel better. 

Vornsta

Hope you are ok and sending you best wishes.

Shi

Thank you for all your kind words and support.It really does help.

Thomaschix 

Hope you are doing ok and got a date for surgery.

Sorry if ive missed anyone out . Had rough week again as my WBC has dropped to 0.02. Started back on injections and got to have repeat bloods tomorrow. Just so tired all the time too. Is this normal ????? 

Sending you all lots of love

Daisy xxxx

Highlighted

Thanks Shi xx Just need to get the temperature sorted out so getting some antibiotics. Hope to get out tomorrow. Docetaxel is a whole new ball game for me. Tracy xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

❀️Artcarty πŸ‘­ great news you are covid-19 clear πŸ‘ hope you get back home soon 🀞🀞 keep safe πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

Happy birthday Vasanthy and well done on finishing your chemo.

My second round of docetaxol was marginally kinder than the first, still have the muscle spasms but at least I have the painkillers to deal with them this time round.  I also seem to have, not exactly difficulty breathing, but being very aware of my breathing and tightness round my chest if I move.

Also feeling quite down today, I'm really fed up of the same 4 walls and no likelihood of that changing any time soon.  I am looking forward to my last chemo with some trepidation as to what next.  I still don't know if I will be having radiotherapy or not.  My thoughts are also returning to work.  If I was returning to the office it would be daunting enough after 7 months away but working from home and trying to get up to speed without people around me is a whole other ball game.

I hope everyone else is doing well and apologise for my negativity - I should just be grateful to have got through this!

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

thank you for the wishes. My only prayer now a days is that everyone has to finish the chemo and all the other treatment and be cancer free forever and live a happy life for a long time .  

Happy to hear that you are covid free. For the next docetaxol try to drink lot of hot water and that helped me from less side effect. 

Highlighted

Vasanthy - So glad for you that you have finished chemo and wish you a happy birthday! 
Wishing for all of us to finish chemo soon  and feel better xx

My covid test was negative as was everything else. No idea why I have had a temperature with the Docetaxel but they have moved me to another ward at 3am as they know I’m covid free. 
Take care everyone xx

Highlighted

hi vornsta

yes finished my chemo atlast . Happy with that and I can celebrate my birthday happily which is today. Hope you are doing ok. 

Highlighted

Good luck with your last chemo Vasanthy! Hope you can celebrate ❀️
Caead - must be annoying they added in an extra one unexpectedly, not long to go though x

Highlighted

So sorry to hear this Tracy, wishing you better soon as possible. 
Also hope things improve soon for you Daisy.

love and best wishes to all xxx

Highlighted

Thank you Vasanthy. Ah yes. It was my first docetaxel too. Feel absolutely terrible but don’t think I have covid. Only place I’ve been is hospital on Friday.  Will just have to be patient xx

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

when was admitted in emergency  during my 4th chemo which is my first docetaxol they took covid test for me also and it came negative. So don’t worry it will be negative for you also.

Hugs

Highlighted

Oh dear! I have a temperature and have been admitted to hospital to be checked for Covid 😐 Feel pretty awful 😒. It’s so quiet here and they just shut you in a room and leave you as much as possible. Will have to wait till tomorrow to find out if I’m positive or not. 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Daisy ❀️ The mountain lion story that strawberry blonde did helped me visualise to keep running up the mountain and visualising the bear rushing through you to get the tiger πŸ₯ŠπŸ₯ŠπŸ₯Š πŸ‘­ I had reduced doses from 2-6 but your reduced dose could be someone else’s 100% it’s is all done specifically for you. Everyone on the feb thread has you πŸ‘­ and won’t let go β€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Daisy, it must be so frustrating and draining if they can’t pinpoint why things are happening. I guess there are so many combinations and we all react differently. Fingers crossed they sort it out quickly for you. It annoys me when the response is β€˜that can happen.’
I thought I was having my last chemo this week but during my review with oncologist today she said there would be another one. Apparently because of the combination they have to do it over 4 sessions rather than 3. This was the first time they told me. I checked my consent form and they had crossed out 4 and put 3! I had just prepared myself that I could get through one more but two. Oh well, one session at a time. Best wishes to you all. 
Claire

Highlighted

Tomorrow I  am having my 6th chemo daisy. So little anxious when I think of having to Go through all the side effects again. 
anyhow it’s the last one . 

Highlighted

Thank you vasanthy for replying. I hope you are keeping well. It sure is a bumpy road back to health  Sending you my best wishes xxx

Highlighted

hi daisy

sorry to hear your side effects. Hope your oncologist can find the reason for your side effects. 

Highlighted

Hi Shi

Thanks for responding . I have only just changed 2 weeks ago across to EC .Next one due next wed so will ask about Dose . Thank you .

I was previously on paclitaxel and carboplatin.  I have had problems with WBC since cycle 3 .resulting in me missing x2 doses before i changed across to EC.  Also experienced numerous side effects and my reaction to medication isnt great . 

Just feels never ending and cant wait to get chemo finished and surgery done. Really struggling at moment .

Love 

DAISY XXX

•  
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi daisy have they reduced your chemo dose? If not that might help your neutrophils πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

Hello,

So sorry to hear that Daisy. I’m with you... I want this Chemo to be finished too. How many more do you have to go?

I’m finding the injections easy and painless so all that worrying was for nothing. Docetaxel is making me feel awful today though so had to go back to bed. Can’t taste food and my mouth is tingly and sore and just feel like I’ve got no energy. I hope things settle for you soon xx

Hope everyone is doing ok this week xx

Highlighted

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all keeping well. Hope you are getting on ok with your injections Tracy.

Im having a bit of a nightmare again my neutrophils have dropped to 0.2 . They have recommend me on injections but its a hard one as they ??? Caused an allergic reaction last time. They arent sure whether it was dexamethasone or filgrastim.  They were talking about admitting me but as i have no clinical signs of infection  i will just need to call if feel unwell . Started me on antibiotics too today. Next Chemo is next Wednesday.  So fed up of all this

Love Daisy xxx. 

Highlighted

Tracy- I found the diep is a big op with a lot of recovery needed compared to a mastectomy alone. The results are good but my foob, which used to match my boob, has shrunk a bit more with chemo wt loss. My plastic surgeon said they can top it up with lipo if needed but I am not sure how much more surgery I want. I have not yet had radiotherapy so will need to see how everything looks after that.  I also feel I will need a break from interventions! My understanding is diep is best recon for longevity  comp to implants but it requires some tummy fat and means you have a mahoosive abdominal wound to heal as well.   I had c section tummy pouch and I have enjoyed losing that but the scar is a LOT bigger. There is a recon option using body tissue from your back too, it wasn’t an option for me but I also did not like the sound of losing muscle from my back.  

Highlighted

Carisma - Sounds like a good plan x

Highlighted

Hi all. 
So far Docetaxel has been ok. Feel very slight change to my breathing and having hot flushes 😐 Great that treatment was so much faster today though. 
Still nervous about doing the injections but I’m sure that will improve once I’ve started doing them! 

How was your reconstruction? I will have to choose but any reconstruction will be delayed due to Covid and I will likely have a mastectomy and will choose to have a reduction done on other side so looking at quite a big operation in July and then radiotherapy. 
Tracy xx

Highlighted

Hi Vornsta

I opted not to go for reconstruction, partly as I may need radiotherapy and any reconstruction I had would have involved an implant.  At the time of my mastectomy and node clearance, having had a lumpectomy about 6 weeks previously, I also just wanted the surgery/recovery to be as uncomplicated as possible.

x

Highlighted

Are you having reconstruction Carisma? I had a diep x

Highlighted

Congratulations Tomaschix!!! 
hope yr docetaxel is ok Tracy?

hope you feel ok Daisy?
good luck for next week’s chemo Vasanthy, last one- amazing! 

Highlighted

hi everyone

carisma- I am doing ok . Have my blood test this Sunday for my chemo on Tuesday. Hope it goes ok. 

Vornsta- half you throughπŸ‘. For me one more to go

thomaschix - congrats on finishing  the chemo πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŒΉπŸŒΉ

Tracy- all the best for this cycle to go without any side effects

daisy - hope you are feeling good now

Highlighted

Hi Thomaschix,

Glad to year you have finished your chemo. I’m in the chair today and glad to think I will be on my last treatment six weeks today if all goes to plan. 
I’ve lost a lot of hair too. About 70 - 80% and very baldy on top and back. Thin eye brows and lashes but about to have Docetaxel for first time today so will probably follow you. Painting on eyebrows is helping me feel normal πŸ˜‹ 

Like you I am desperate to get out for a walk! 
Hope you feel better soon and all goes well when you have your surgery xx

Highlighted

Morning all

i used cold cap so have had a lot of hair thinning but just finished last round of docetaxol so waiting for it to start growing back now. It kept shedding after FEC but that was because of the docetaxol which made my eye lashes come out completely and have very little eyebrow except for stubble.

had last chemo yesterday so feeling very emotional about it all today. 4 week wait for mastectomy now and hoping I can finally leave the house then for a little walk!!! 

Highlighted

I shaved and definitely have an even spread of stubble 6 weeks post final ec but I am now on pacli (done 4 weeks) so not sure if it will go again! Have kept my eyelashes and about 2/3 my eyebrows throughout so far 🀞🏻
Hope everyone is ok? I am now at the half way stage for chemo- 8 treatments done, 8 to go!