1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February Chemo Starters 2018

Wee Burd

Re: February Chemo Starters 2018

I found that I was getting hot and cold all over and I had really restless legs. Not sure if that was from the FEC though, as it was listed as a potential side effect on one of the anti sickness drugs I had.
WhyteFawn

Hi Bibi yes I got hot feet on FEC and T. Especially at night I ended up sleeping with my feet out of the covers. Try to keep your feet cool during the day. I had it last for about a week after each chemo then it eased off for a bit.
Bibi

Morning all -day after second FEC - didn’t sleep v well , does anyone else get hit feet after FEC?mine are so hot at night they keep me awake .

jude51

I agree Whytefawn but i also think i made the mistake of not eating when i should have done and also maybe made some better choices. Ive always had issues with weight/relationship with food and before diagnosis i had cut down down dramatically on added sugar and bread and felt like i was in a good place with what i was eating. Due to the unpleasant taste i have sucked a load of sweets (sugar and sugar free) recently and along with the amount of bread etc i know my guts are not right. So this time without putting too much pressure on myself i just want to try and correct that. I know its not an exact science and we are all different but for me its part of keeping that bit of control when so much is unpredictable. 

Have a good day everyone and hope today goes ok Flora 29 x

WhyteFawn

Hi ladies! Don't worry too much about what you eat whilst on chemo as long as you are eating something. If you're getting nausea eat little and often. Maybe some biscuits or toast. Whatever you fancy eat that. I lived on crumpets for my first few FEC's but when I moved on to docetaxel I didn't fancy them at all.
Cassie x
Cuddles79

Oh wee baldy burd! I'll be following your example soon. Sending hugs. And others, please make it clear in posts how many days since your infusions and which ones as with this bubble brain I can't always remember. I've now slept most of the day, just up out to get some pre made pasta bake from Lidl at 4pm. I think it was a two portion one which I devoured. Slept after. 

It's 6 now. Don't feel nauseous. Tired though. Hope to watch bit of tv then sleep most of the evening and tonight. 

Infusion Tues, now Thurs.

Love to all. 

Wee Burd

Cuddles I have found the best thing for me is to eat and drink what appeals to me at the time. Sometimes that has been fruit and salad but other times it's cake or steak! It seems to have kept the nausea at bay even after finishing the anti sickness drugs on Monday. I have continued to feel fairly good with increased energy. Now at Day 9 of the first cycle and wondering if I am going to dip again before the next session on 7th March.
Today I took control of my hair and have had it cut! I was more emotional than I had expected but feeling really liberated and empowered. I hadn't realised that the changes in its condition had affected me as much. The cut hair will be sent off to the Little Princess Trust tomorrow. And I will be wearing more hats and scarves as the weather has just turned much colder again 🤣
Hope you are all taking good care of yourselves x
Wee Baldy Burd 😁
Bibi

Afternoon - glad everyone seems to be doing OK 

I had round 2 of my FEC this morning- all went OK - home , had lunch and a nap and feeling OK. If I follow round 1pattern I will probably feel a bit sick tomorrow so got nothing planned- youngest daughter coming to stay for weekend tonight so looking forward to her company - and cooking 😊

Stay well everyone - take care of yourselves, eat well, drink a lot ( water not 🍷) , take all the meds you need to get you through . 

MissGreen

Hi all

Woke around 2.30am with nausea but luckily it didn't last. Still can't believe how well I feel. Main issues appear to be lack of energy, dry lips, sore throat, taste buds have gone, waking up with a bad headache and just feeling not quite right.

I took a very gentle stroll today into town as not been out the house since Monday but felt really out of sorts. A bit like a new deer on it's bambi legs. Definitely didn't feel safe to drive and don't think i could manage the walk to the train station when I go to work. Well certainly not at 6.45am. Think I need to see about going into work later which will allow me to eat breakfast and my capecitabine at home. Don't really fancy taking them at work.

Still anxious that this feeling okay is the calm before the storm as had the Docetaxel on Monday and only day 3 of capecitabine.

Hope you're all doing okay?

T

XX
Cuddles79

Days 2 and 3 post 1st EC chemo

Been sleeping lots and slightly nauseous. But haven't taken most of the anti nausea meds or steroids just one Emend and a couple domperidone. It's really not the horror I expected.  I've been out for short walks. Just tired mostly and a little brain foggy. Haven't really wanted helpers round me as I can pretty much take care of self, and the thought of making conversation or worrying if they are bored is too much to take on.

I filled my fridge with lots of salad stuff I really don't feel like eating it. I'm actually wanting something more substantial. When out I had a toasted hot salt beef, cheese and pickle sandwich and it was heaven. 

I really thought I'd be out for the count but it's not been like that for me so far days 2 and 3 post 1st EC just fatigue, brain fog and slight nausea. But I can eat and enjoy it. 

Macneech

With you weebird- thought I was doing ok until have nearly collapsed 2 days in a row. Couldn't even sit in the chair waiting for picc line flush yesterday in clinic.Thought I was going to pass out and make a scene.Any exertion seems to knock me out - clammy,sick,feint.Told day 7/8 low - so hoping I can get back on with life soon! One bonus - don"t seem to be suffering the aches like some ( even with the gcsf injections).

Big hugs to all xx

jude51

Cuddles - sound like you had a whale of a time, what a good start ! Hope you manage to get some sleep x

Flora - Hope the steroids help with the bone pain. I only had Dexamethasone 4mg for 3 days but the couple of days after were a bit grim, felt rubbish. I asked about the Loraditine and he had never heard of it being used. He did say that if my bloods are ok he could reduce the dose of Filgrastim so we shall see on friday. Think im going to take everything for a bit longer this time and regularly - anti sickness and painkillers - see if it makes a difference overall. I found a heat pack worked really well for the bone pain too. x

Weeburd - good to hear things are picking up. Hopefully it will continue now you are into the 2nd week but i know what you mean about getting your hopes up. As for working, im in a hospital so have been told i cant go back until all treatment finished - thats most of this year then so making the most of it. 

Miss Green - hope you are doing ok x

Jujubee

Evening all.

Well work was OK, bit tired but no real side effects yet so managed OK, will play it by ear for tomorrow, I have a long drive, well about 25 miles each way, so its maybe time to have a couple of days off.  I go to work to stay sane,  I work in an office so its sitting down most of the time and (most) of the people I work with are really great and we have a laugh so it helps,  and they watch me like a hawk and if im doing too much they soon tell me, this is the 2nd time they have been thoruhg it will me so they know what to look out for.  Im vey lucky.

I am taking my antisickness and still driving, I havent read the warnings but I drove last time too and it was OK.

I had forgotten about the antihistamines for bone pain,  I think I took Claritin and Piriton last time when on Docetaxel,  i took them for the full 9 weeks I was on it and it definately helped.  My nurse hadnt heard of it but was quite happy for me to try it.  If I remember rightly the Clarityn was for during the day as it was none drowsey and the Piriton was for night time, but I will ave to check that.  Thks for the reminder.

Cuddles.  I cold capped last time but it didnt work for me, by the 3rd session my hair was so thin i had to have one of the paper caps on under the cold cap so decided it wasnt worth it. And the length of time it added to the treatment was a pain.  Didnt even think about it this time.

I hope everyone has a good night, going to bed shortly to relax.

love Julie x

MissGreen

Hi all

I have felt surprisingly well today. Nothing like 15 years ago. Actually feel like i have skived off work. Taste has already changed over night, lips and throat are dry but then i have had a little bit of mouth watering and I have felt tired in an off.

I suppose it might just be the steriods and strong anti sickness tablets doing their thing but it's my last day on them. Will have to see how I feel over the next few days. I told work not to expect me this week. For once I need to think about me and not them but I am in awe of anyone like jujubee who does go in 😁😁😁

Love to you all

T

X
Wee Burd

I am in awe of anyone working through this treatment. Until today my energy levels have been really low and I have felt constantly just bleurgh and unable to concentrate on anything for any length of time. Today has been much better but I am scared to hope that it won't go back downhill again tomorrow.
The sensitive skin seems to have gone again. It was sore to the touch over the past couple of days.
And I can feel spots coming up.- feeling like a teenager again but not in a good way!
Flora29

Moijan, I hadn't even thought about driving and the anti-sickness tablets. For the 3-4 days of having the tablets, I don't need to drive, so it isn't an issue.  I hate being sick, so would personally rather not drive for a few days than risk it. But its personal choice.  And what is black chocolate?   Do you mean dark chocolate?

Glad day 1 has gone well, and they kept you entertained, Cuddles!  Hopefully all will stay OK for you.

Julie, like Jude I'm surprised you're planning to work on the day after treatment. How did you find it?   I'm lucky that my treatment is always on a Friday, so I have the weekend to recover anyway.  I'm continuing to work throughout too, but taking the time off that I need. Do look after yourself. No one is indispensible, and they will cope without you for a few days.

Weeburd, I didn't have sensitive skin, but I did come out in spots in the middle week.   Possibly low platelets, I guess.    Some chemos cause neuropathy, so maybe it is that?

Jude, I also had clinic and bloods today and am all set for #2 this Friday.   They're apparently going to give me extra steroids to help with the bone pain, and having just checked what I was sent home with last time, I can see i've already got twice as many steroids as I had the first time! 

If anyone else is having bone pain (you might get this if you're on taxotere/docetaxel and/or gcsf/pegfilgrastim injections), you may also be interested in this article: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00520-017-3959-2

It suggests taking Loratadine (OTC antihistamine) as it can help some people.   I asked at clinic today and the nurses hadn't heard of it, but will ask my consultant when she's back in the office tomorrow.  But I'm planning to give it a go anyway, as the trial indicates it won't hurt, but might help.

Moijan

Hi ladies, 

love and hugs hugs to all. Yes have antisickness meds, but like to drive myself about so haven’t taken them, silly I know. It’s just a background type nausea..which eases when I nibble.

re constipation...ladies, one thing which will help(apart from buckets of water)..is black chocolate....not too much tho, unless you want the opposite!

moijanx

Cuddles79

my first EC session

Well, one of my old friends turned up to my first session and there was an amazing lady in the next chair so it was more like a social occaision and I had to keep reminding myself that I was having chemo!

I took the cold cap off as it was uncomfortable and it interfered with chatting as energetically as I wanted to to these very interesting ladies plus the beautiful Ethiopian nurse (both inside and out). The cold cap didnt really seem to fit all over my hair anyway, it was a horrid thing with ghastly chin straps, so I thought what the hell, I'll get a buzz cut in a few days.

It was amazingly easy. I had some numbing cream on my 4 day old porta cath area, had three syringes of each drug and felt somewhat 'stoned' by the end which wasnt too unpleasant.  Little wobbly getting to the taxi home.  I hadnt eaten much the night before and only a banana and herb tea in the morning so was ravenous afterwards and had a big raw salad and some brown rice.. Now some hours later I feel slightly headachey but not too bad. No sickness.

I suppose it is going to hit me in the next few days...... Im going to get into bed and watch tv now 6pm. Wonder how the night will be?

jude51

Crikey Jujubee you are keen ! What do you do workwise ? Ive got a portacath so can relate to how easy it is to have the chemo - relly didnt want stabbing each time ! Hope you are feeling ok today. 

Weeburd - not sure about the sensitive skin. I've gone from oily skin to using loads of moisturiser but im guessing its different to that ??  I've definitely had the headaches but think its not drinking enough mainly as its tastes so yukky ! Good to hear things have "moved" !!

Had my oncology appt yesterday and as long as bloods ok all good to go for round 2 on friday. Topped up the food supplies today with a few healthier options. Its my sons 13th birthday tomorrow and just made a chocolate cake...feeling a bit sick as ive been ensuring it all tastes ok - serves me right ! x

Wee Burd

Hello all, it's a beautiful day here and pleased to see the sunshine. Hope everything is going well with you all. Today is my first day off the anti sickness drugs and so far feeling okay thank goodness. Also the undercarriage started functioning again without having to resort to laxatives so feeling quite relieved in every sense. I do have a headache and the skin around my jaw and across the back of my shoulders seems really sensitive. Anyone else know if that's "normal "?
Could be worse so am feeling grateful. Hope all you ladies are making it through the day. Xx
Jujubee

Evening all. Hope you have all had a good day.

1st dose of tc done.  Feeling ok so far, planning on going to work tomorrow so fingers crossed for no side effects.

Can't believe how easy it was with the picc line.  Wish I'd been offered that last time. No painful cannula insertions for me.  Woop woop.  Silver linings and all that.

Keep positive.

Julie xx

Bibi

Hi everyone- hope you have all had a good day. I saw my oncologist today before second round on Thursday - was feeling anxious for some reason - don’t know why since I have been feeling so well - think it’s must be just the thought of the chemo again Thursday.

Anyway welcome to Julie and Miss Green - hope it all went OK for you and you get through next few days well. 

Flora your wig is lovely- I have one to pick up tomorrow just in case cold cap doesn’t work - or just for a change as I had my haircut really short. 

Weeburd hope you have sorted out the bowel movements - I take Dulcoease as I find it quite a gentle way to get things moving. 

Moijon - Hi - don’t know about anything for the fingers with Docetaxel but following with interest if you find anything as Inwill be having it on my last 3 chemo rounds. Have you not got any antisickness meds to take for the nausea?

good luck anyone else on round 2 this week - Macneech 

Have a good week xx

Moijan

Ladies, can anyone help me please?

have just nearly finished my week off (10 days  since last dose)😥😥after 1st cycle of taxol and my fingers are still Very sore and numb at the tips, I’m already on a reduced dose, I don’t recall this 17 years ago on Docetaxel I know about udderly smooth, but has any new drug or cream come out that helps.

Also feel vaguely nauseous all the time. Maybe I’m far too long in the tooth to be doing thisxx

love to all of you

Moijan😪

MissGreen

Well today's the day I start my regime of docetaxel and capecitabine. I have my first infusion this afternoon of docetaxel and then 2 weeks of capecitabine. 6 cycles in total. I cant find anyone who's been on both these drugs at the same time.

This is not my first tango with BC nor with chemo but I have not had this regime before. I had something else followed by Fec-T, fifteen years ago.

At least I have learned that this time around I will not be so stubborn and will ask for help when I need it. I will call the chemo clinic when I have a temp and my mouth is full of sores etc. It also helps the chemo team at my local hospital, Kettering, are amazing and have given me so much info already. So different from 15 years ago, different hospital, so things have obviously moved on.

I am a prepared as I can be: long hair is now cut short, hat & scarf bought, even got a wig referal (didn't bother last time but i am much older and not sure so may aswell go along) and a soft tooth brush purchased. Also, I had a Picc Line inserted on friday so at least I don't have to suffer the stress of the lovely nurses trying to find a vein.

Obviously you will all know the emotions and thoughts that my body and head is going through today. Trying to stay positive 😁

T
Cuddles79

Many thanks everyone, Bibi, Jude, Flora, Macneesh, Wee burd (great name). I've got my porta Cath in since Friday still a bit sore and itchy after 3 days but easily bearable. My wig is also waiting in the wings. Went for a mega long walk today and feel healthy and strong. I'll try the cold cap. I don't think I mind going bald, it's the soreness I'm more worried about. Does the cold cap help with that?
Wee Burd

Am feeling very fortunate that I don't seem to be suffering the same degree of sickness as others. The drugs seem to be working so far but I hope it doesn't all go downhill when I finish them. I have found that fresh air helps and my husband took me for a walk at the beach today. Just perfect. Hoping for a good sleep tonight. I have found it quite variable.
Flora, that wig looks great. It's reassuring to see how natural it is. I have chosen one of a similar style but still to collect it and don't know how I will actually feel about wearing it. At the moment my hair is quite long but I want to get it cut soon before the chemo really goes for it.I have changed to a paraben free shampoo and conditioner on the advice of the nurses because of the cold cap but I really don't like how it has left my hair! It might as well be short if it's going to be minging!
Main worry now is that I haven't had a poo since Friday despite all the fruit and am eyeing up the senokot in the medicine cabinet...
Macneech

Oh chrissy - feel for you.Going on everyone's different experiences it seems so important to get ahead for chemo 2 - knowing what symptoms need to be nipped in the budd.Hopefully feeling better soon.

Flora your wig looks so natural - I have one in the wings ready 😕.

Aches haven't set in yet - start injections tomorrow.Is it the T that makes the aches worse?Got that to come later. 

Welcome Julie xxx

Flora29

Oh, Chrissy, the first week is very much the hardest part, but you should hopefully start to feel better from here on.  My second/middle week has been good - i've mostly felt completely normal - but I have planned no commitments now for the first week after the next treatment as last time I couldn't get comfortable due to the bone aches and couldn't focus properly. 

embrace2.jpgMacneech, the hair loss doesn't worry me too much, but I know for many it can be very upsetting.  Having been through it once before, I know what to expect, and that by summer it will be regrowing again. And I have a great wig ready to go. (pic on the left is me in my wig).

Glad you've had a good week Bibi. Long may it continue!

And welcome Julie.  So sorry you're back here so soon. Me too, also on TC, but mine is invasive ductal and 8 years ago, rather than inflammatory.  Fingers crossed it goes OK tomorrow.   I've found the bone aches hardest and worse this time, but I wasn't sick before, and haven't been this time either.   I think you're either prone to that or you're not.

Hugs to everyone xxx

Jujubee

Hi all, hope you dont mind me joining in.

Have my first session of TC chemo tomorrow after being disgnosed with inflamatory BC last month, not looking forward to it, think its cause I know what to expect, 2nd time round for me, although I had FEC-T in 2016 but still similar side effects I think.  I have a PICC line this time so at least I dont have to worry about them not being able to get the cannula in.

I found this forum really helpful last time, it feels less lonely knowing others are going through the similar and understand.

Hope everyone is doing Ok with their treatments.

Julie

Sue C
Community Champion

Hi Chrissy

The first week is the hardest. You will find that you're energy levels will improve over the next few days. And you're taste buds will hopefully improve soon too.

The itchy scalp is due to the imminent hair loss I'm afraid.

Hugs

Sue xx

Chrissy68

Hi ladies sorry I’ve not been in touch have had a horrible week but the nausea lasted 3 and half days just sooo exhausted now I know what it must be like to feel 90,

ive got no appetite everything smells yuk mouth like leather back ache and so lethargic. My head has started getting a bit itchy too. Sorry for moaning ,

hospital rang ant me Friday they want to repeat bone scan in 3 months not sure if that’s good or bad. So roll on the sun I’m going to try to go out tomorrow if it’s nice as I’m like a hermit.

hope everyone else is getting on ok I’ll be day 7 tomorrow following 1st FEC but it still seems all surreal dispite the side effects.

Macneech

Welcome Cuddles.Thinking of you Jude and Flora - although I think I  am prepared, I am thinking the hair loss mountain is the worst to accomplish. I, like you Bibi have pursued the cold cap but don't hold out huge hope.I am sporting a much shorter hair style currently which l have had to allow to go curly 😣( which l know I should make the most of). I have my eye brow kit at the ready. 

Feeling a bit phased out this morning but did venture around Asda with my daughter.

Thinking of everyone xxxx

Bibi

Morning everyone and welcome Cuddles - the waiting to start is the hardest bit I think - hopefully you will feel better once you get going. The side effects really do very for everyone- I have been very lucky and had few side effects and since after the first 5 days have felt fine. 

I haven’t noticed any hair loss from head yet so hopefully cold cap is working 🤞

I did go and buy some products in preparation for losing eyebrows - need to practice how to draw them on now - a little mother daughter bonding time with make up coming up I think. 

Keeping active with walking  and yoga but find I get tired more easily than normal - plus side of that is I quite enjoy a little afternoon nap or box set whilst on sofa 😊I find I still don’t fancy citrus fruits but eating lots of veg and homemade soups to get my vitamins. Think I would struggle with fasting - have tried it in past but I have decided just to try to eat healthily. I wanted to eat a lot the first week after having steroids and developed a bit of a cake craving - think I will be more prepared next time and have a box of veg sticks,  nuts,  hummus, boiled eggs to snack on - I have read that protein snacks help to curve hunger cravings and I’m vegetarian so those are my go to snacks. 

Have a good day everyone x

jude51

Think it's starting for me too - day 16 but my thinning seems to be from the lower regions...that was a bit of a shock !!
Flora29

Just to note, i'm on day 17 of taxotere & cyclophosphamide, and hair loss is starting.  A few strands landing on my shoulders the last couple of days, and today my crown is tender and 5-10 strands coming out when i gently comb fingers through my hair.  I haven't used the cold cap. Here we go!  

jude51

Macneech - good to hear things improvong a bit - its all a steep learning curve isnt it. I am having 4 cycles EC followed by 12 weekly of Paclitaxel with 3 weekly Herceptin. The bad taste has been intermittent over the last week or so and particularly bad the last couple of days. 

Hi Cuddles - plenty of those always available ! Try not to be scared of the SE - they are all so varied but its only temporary. I think that for me thats the important bit to hold on to - its miserable at times but it does get better. Usually about 7-10 days after chemo is when you start to be more at risk of picking up infections so just need to keep away from those people with bugs ! Should all improve before next lot of chemo due. Have they mentioned about having injections to boost your white cell production ? (GSCF injections) Some people have them, others dont - dont quite know the rationale. 

I too read that article on fasting - is it something you have done before diagnosis ? I have been doing it on and off for about a year but properly since last sept. Felt so much better and lost a couple of stone - still plenty more to come off. I also have a small amount of Kefir every morning too which i love - although the taste bud issues havent made it as enjoyable lately ! Its an interesting subject but im not sure if i will try it prior to chemo - think im just going to concentrate on getting diet right. As i said above i seem to have gone right off track with regards to carbs/sugar etc which im sure isnt helping. 

Wee Burd

Hi there Cuddles, the waiting is the worst part. Once it gets going you will feel that progress is being made. I have had my first session of FEC which wasn't pleasant but could have been worse. I have been fairly lucky so far as the anti sickness drugs have been working pretty well. Just feeling pretty wiped out. Fresh air seems to help. I am just listening to my body when deciding what to eat and trying not to worry about it too much. At the moment juicy things are most appealing e.g. oranges, blueberries, grapes, salads and black olives.
Cuddles79

Yes, I am very interested in the fasting idea, have tried to discuss with the staff at the hosp but they think its a crazy idea. It was the Decca Aitkenhead Guardian article that brought my attention to it. Anyhoo I will see how I feel after the first infusion of EC on the 20th Feb and maybe just have fruit, veg and water or herb tea the day before..

Cuddles79

Isolation phase? Sounds daunting...

Cuddles79

Hello everyone, I shall be keeping an eye on this thread. Im starting EC on the 20th for 4 sessions then 4 of Herceptim plus the P one for HER+

Am very frightened of the SEs but as the days are getting closer to the first transfusion Im feeling a wee bit better. I'll be at the Royal Free London.

Many thanks to you all for being here,

Cuddles, (which I will need plenty of!)

Macneech

Had an ok day - up to doing housework this am.Eating and drinking a little.Have kept up the steroids and ondansetron.- I am sure this is helping.Not hit the bad taste thing yet jude51 but will see.(what chemo did you have)?Sending hugs to  everyone xxx

jude51

Unfortunatly Flora29 i dont like tea of any sort - i so wish i did as there are so many lovely sounding flavours out there...just takes like a crayon dipped in hot water ! Elderflower cordial, fruit squash and sugar free sweets

helping a bit. I find it quite hard as i normally drink just water and nothing sweet like that but needs must. I had Emend tabs (anti sickness) for 3 days and the steroids/metoclopramide as you did and that seemed to do the trick. I tend to go for the carb rich foods / snacks when feeling sick but i know that they make me feel rubbish in the long term - had really cut all those down before diagnosis and really dont want to slip back onto old habits. Also found even after the nausea subsided i still had to eat soon after i got up otherwise i felt unwell - annoying as i often dont have breakfast. Just need to try and fine tune everything and get some control back.

Really hope everyone is feeling a little better  xx

Flora29

Your poor things, those of you being sick 😞 Did you get any anti-sickness meds at all? I was given steroids before, then metoclopramide while being given the chemo, plus a box to take home with me and instructions to have them for 3-4 days.

Jude, I stocked up on herbal tea as normal tea tasted weird for about a week, plus M&S sugar free sweets. The inside of my nose was sore and bleeding too, but that seems to be healing up now. I had a cut on my arm and last week that was weeping and wouldn’t heal. A clear sign of low platelets I think. But it’s healed up now. I’ve been back at work this week and despite going to bed earlier than usual, feel pretty much fine.
jude51

Morning all - hows everyone feeling today ?

My main issue is the lovely taste i have in my mouth !

Macneech

Hi all - have stayed in bed all day as only managing to keep a few sips and a rich tea biscuit down. Brufen seems to help so don't know if sickness is due to chemo chemicals or migraine from cold cap - maybe a bit of both! Taking steroids for 3 days then 5 days of gifs injections.Will keep up the Brufen I think if expecting achy joints. Sending big hugs to everyone xx

Bibi

Evening all

Macneech - hope your nausea passes soon - just try to rest as much as you can and take as many antisickness meds as you are allowed - don’t suffer.

Chrissy - gscf injections for 7 days  are often given to help your bone marrow produce more white blood cells and a side effect can be bone ache. Apparently Epsom Salt baths are good for bone ache in case that helps. 

Katie - I know what you mean about being more chilled now treatment had started- I feel the same. I like your thinking - after next one will be a third through it 👍

Hope you all have a good nights sleep and feel better tomorrow x

Chrissy68

Hello jude51 thank you for your post.

I was given emend on Monday before having FEC  and then a reduced dose tue and wed.

I also had dexamethasone for 3 days and finished the last one at 4 pm today.

So I am only taking domperidome 10mg as needed.

Today I haven’t had nausea thank goodness but have lethargy feel like a 90 yr old and no appetite. Never felt like it before so drained. I am not having any injections ( what would that be for?).

I have been having back ache for the past 6 weeks. I had a bone scan just over a week ago but no results as yet.

I hope everyone else starts to feel a bit better soon thinking of you all.

chrissy xx

jude51

Katie - i know what you mean. Although it wasnt plain sailing the first week after chemo i too am looking forward to my 2nd chemo 23rd feb. 

Chrissy - sound like you've had a rough week,hope things settle soon. Have they adjusted your meds or have you just stuck to what they've given you ? I had a big dip on day 5-6 and felt rubbish, think it was a combination of finishing steroids and the injections - guessing thats whats causing your back ache ??

Macneesh - hope you get sorted too and things settle soon. 

Take care all xx

Macneech

Just checking in - 1st Dec today - cold cap went ok.Felt ok until like you chrissy68 started feeling Sick mid afternoon and have not long thrown up loads 😣.Will try and get the anyi sickness tablets sorted xx

Chrissy68

Hello ladies lovely reading your posts. I haven’t been too good since my 1st Fec on Monday was very sick Monday and Tuesday yuk not so nauseated today so far but just really tired and lost appetite. Keep getting back ache . Hope you are all ok and doing well got 2nd cycle on 5th March if bloods are ok but not looking forward to it x