First post

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I started on November 14th with a Fec for triple negative BC. 6 days later I was admitted to the hospital with neutropenia. Neutrophils dropped to 0.2 but they are back up now. I just wondered if anyone else had a baptism of fire like that? Felt pretty lonely and scary for a while there. Hopefully next time will be better with a reduced dose.
My hair is also coming out in handfuls now… I’m worse than the dog,!!
Good luck everyone. X

Hi Tigerlilli

this is my first post too, although I have been following the November ladies as that’s when I started  my first chemo.  If I were you I would transfer your post to their thread and you would have more response and reassurance.

You are not alone and it is very scary journey we are on.  My own experience after my first chemo of Fec wasn’t good - day 3 turned red so overnight stay in hotel NHS soon sorted me out with antihistamines and extra steroids.  Day 10 I was admitted to hotel NHS for 3 days with neutropenia very scary stuff.  

I had my 2nd chemo 27th November, one drug has been removed and other two drugs where reduced to 80%, so at present I’m feeling good a bit hungover from cocktail of drugs, I’m a bit red but not so worried because I have the antihistamine and still on the streiods.  Hopefully all will be good with my bloods this time I’m feeling positive. 

I hope I’ve perhaps reassured you what you have experienced is not unusually.  I have seen reading past posts in October and November threads we are not alone with this sort of thing happening until your medication is tweaked, so take heart all will be well. 

As as for the hair we were eating and drinking my hair until I took the plunge and had it cut short then the next week had it shaved.  It’s quite liberating although I still don’t like looking at my self without a cap or wig on but hopefully that will past.

goodluck with your next chemo - third x

Hi both of you
I’m a November Ladie , pls come join the November thread ???X

Thank you for your reply. What a horrible time you’ve had! I hope you are OK now. I’ve decided to brave the shave on Monday. It’s driving me potty moulting everywhere! I have my wig at the ready so I’ll be rocking the Donald Trump look ; ) I have moved to the November thread as suggested. Good luck. X