1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JULY 22 CHEMO STARTERS

Pollyannasglad

Re: JULY 22 CHEMO STARTERS

Thank you....I'll look them up when I'm filling my chemo chair hours later. Been wide awake since 3am - the sleeplessness isn't fun. 😢

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️Beauty despite cancer do a lovely scalp care kit and also silk pillowcase helps and a chillow pillow thing ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Watcher72

Hope everything goes well for you today @lolagee and you haven't found it too distressing with your hair coming out. Fingers crossed that your side effects are manageable x 

@Pollyannasglad - hope line flush and bloods go well for you today ready for tomorrow x

lolagee

Good morning everyone hope you are feeling ok .. I have my second chemo session this afternoon TC .. second of four . At the weekend my hair started to fall out big style 😓.. I have / had ! Really thick hair and it just went into balls of frizz overnight and came out in shreds .. my scalp really hurt 😔 and I felt every hair was pulling and scalp was sore .. seems to have settled and I have hung into a few long strands !! Wearing a bandana style cap at all times now . Sending you all much love and positivity today ❤️

Dimpled

@Pollyannasglad Hello beautiful!! I hope you are relatively less stressed now!!

Yes I read something similar on how you need to fill your bladder for the scan 🥴

Wow 6 hours is a long time you are our #IronLady!! Congratulations on your sons wedding 😇 hope everything went well ❤️
I have an itchy scalp n trying to cling on to whatever’s left on my scalp now 🥴

don’t know if it’s worth it or if I’ll ever be brave enough to shave it off 😫

Oh dear!! I hope that the new benign cysts are not harmful hope the rest of all your tests are clear!! 
best of luck for your line flush n blood samples also all the very best for tomorrow ❤️
Lots of 💕

Pollyannasglad

Morning everyone, been having a few days of 'normal' family life with visitors and then 48 hours of stress but all dealt with now!

Been following your chats about CT scans and hair loss too! I had a scan 'with contrast' back in June....to check for spread. Apart from having to drink so much water and the feeling that you might wet yourself when the dye hits your bladder (you won't btw) it was fine and quick. They screened neck to pelvis for me. Then drove myself 6 hours for my son's wedding the next day - as the husband and the rest of family already there!! Then waited 6 painful days for the the results.....clear!!!!! 

I had the shave yesterday, it was such a relief! My scalp had got stiff and even with the pixie cut the hair loss was remorseless and embarrassing! I really rocked the GI Jane stubbly look but this morning I'm nearly bald! I went to bed with a cap on last night to catch it all though! 😂 

Yesterday I also went to the clinic for an urgent examination and ultrasound. My chemo nurse had phoned to check how I'm coping and she said I should have been told to keep examining both breasts. So I did, and found a lump in my good boob. The ultrasound found three benign cysts that weren't there when I had my mammogram, they're checking them again in 4 weeks. So do check if you're not already I guess?

Today is my line flush and bloods day... tomorrow is week 4 and a Paclitaxel/Carboplatin day....another 16 weeks to go for the chemo phase.

Hugs and ❣️ to you all. 

Dimpled

@Watcher72 My hubby actually had a few days off due to quarentine n announced in the morning today that I have to start the pick n drop duty of toddz since he’s been looking after him for quite sometime now owing to my 🤰🏻Post partum n then BC treatment.

but honestly it felt ‘normal’ so maybe I’ll resume doing that 🙃

Totally agreed!! They catch so many vitals when exposed at daycare but I still wouldn’t vote for keeping toddz at home for the sake of my own sanity 😝

Thanks for sharing the info! Makes me a lil well prepared now 🙂

Sending you hugs n ❤️

Watcher72

@Dimpled - fingers crossed then that your hubby is improving from tomorrow and can start helping you. Good news that toddler is ok - hopefully just normal bugs from attending nursery. It's so difficult at that age - they constantly have runny noses.  

Good luck for your CT scan this week - I had one in January to check for spread once they confirmed it was in my lymph nodes.  The actual scan was only a few minutes long - it was the setting up / waiting time beforehand. I had a contrast dye - so had to have a special drink about 20 minutes before to show up the dye and then had a cannula fitted for the actual test where the put the dye in (I think) .  The radiographers were really good and talked me through the whole process.  It was very straightforward - but it all feels a bit much sometimes having to have these tests.  Sending you hugs and strengh to get through it x 💖

Dimpled

@angelalee Yes hopefully a day or two more to go!

todds is better, although had a runny nose when I picked him from the daycare today. 
Thanks!! I have no clue at all. I have never had a CT scan before just got a call from the hospital today for an emergency appointment. Although the text from them states a BIld & Funktion (X-ray) whatever that means 🤷🏻‍♀️
I haven’t shampooed/brushed since Tuesday. Not sure when I’ll be able to wash (if there is any left ) 😔

Sending hugs n ❣️

angelalee

@Dimpled

I think your husband will be fine in a day or two. Hope the little one is getting speedy recovery from flu. 

Fingers crossed with your scan! Would it a PET-CT? Pray for you. 

I noticed my hair is getting thinner, I will continue to cold cap till the day....

Thinking of you all. 

Dimpled

@flower77 I’m trying to stay strong n do as much as I can cope up with at the moment! MIL is good 🙏🏻 Although flabbergasted at the sight of my bald hair n receding hairline, but is surely is a blessing at this tough time 🥰

Hoping to get some rest soon!!

Sending hugs n ❣️

flower77

Hello everyone 

@Dimpled 

sorry to hear your not too good and your hubby is still not well and in quarantine can’t imagine how you are coping with side effects plus two little ones 💗 how is your mil ? 
I hope things start easing and you get to get a bit of rest 💗
Hope everyone is coping and doing ok sending love and prayers to you all 💗💗 xx

Dimpled

@Watcher72 So far the bone crushing feeling in lower legs, fatigue, extreme exhaustion, constipation n mouth ulcers 🫤 now waiting for diarrhea to kick in cos that usually happened in Week2 post chemo 😒

also having slight sore throat so not sure if I have caught Covid although I’m not looking fwd to taking the Rapid test as iv already got a lot to handle on my plate at the moment 🤷🏻‍♀️
He’s getting slightly better except for the cough. Took a test yesterday which showed a relatively dim line. Hoping it’ll get better in a day or two *fingers crossed*
Actually I got a call from the hospital yesterday stating that the oncologist who checked me on Wed had tested positive for Covid. Hence concluding that he caught it from there I think he should isolate till tomorrow. He’s been quarantined since Friday so let’s hope for the best!

Thanks dear!! Really need lots of strength these days just to make it through the day 😒

lots of hugs n 💕

Watcher72

@Dimpled - hope your side effects aren't too bad. Sorry you're still having to cope with your husband in quarantine.  How much longer does he have to isolate for?  Sending you love and strength today

Hope everyone is else doing ok x 

Dimpled

@Pollyannasglad , @Watcher72 , @angelalee , @flower77@GreenBird@NKB ,hope I haven’t missed anyone in particular.

hello all!! Hope you all had a nice weekend !!

My hubbys still quarantined n I’m trying to cope up with the rest of the errands as well as the fatigue post chemo and side affects kicking in 🫤

the hair fall now is irrecoverable not sure if it’s worth keeping the pixie cut (of whatever is now left on my scalp) any longer or to simply shave it off 😫

todds had a flu not sure if he’s caught Covid 😒

booked for a CT scan on Thursday so let’s see how that goes 🤷🏻‍♀️

angelalee

@Pollyannasglad 

So glad to know you had a good weekend with grandchildren around. Totally agreed to do our best and fight hard! 

Pray for all of us. 

Pollyannasglad

Special best wishes to all of you having to juggle children and jobs as well! So many decisions to make and it's not easy sharing your diagnosis across the age ranges. My little grandchildren (9 and 5 year old twins) have been here this weekend, they've recently had to deal with the death of my DILs lovely father, and we don't want them to freak out about another grandparent having a serious condition. All we can do is our best? I have recently gone public with my diagnosis, and for me it's been a relief.  My hair is almost gone and I don't want to hide at home..... everyone has been amazing, not patronising or overly upset....I asked them to be positive and treat me as normal, they have! ❤️ The little ones are trickier but I'm sure we'll know when the 'right time' is? You're all amazing, birthday blessings to all your children over the next few months. x

angelalee

@Dimpled 

Thank you my dear

We are in the same page. I didn’t tell anyone except for my mum, my hubby and two senior partners at work. I am the only child, so no siblings to share the news. 

Have a good night.

Dimpled

@angelalee Happy Birthday to your daughter 🥳 Wishing her a wonderful year ahead 🤩

totally agreed !! I haven’t shared about my BC diagnosis except for my mom, bro, sis n my hubbys bro n his wife. Trying to act normal everyday n acting strong has been having its toll on me 😖

plus acquaintances popping by to meet lil bubs n me trying to carry on as normal is definitely getting harder than I though it’d be!

But you have a lovely family so plz tc of yourself!

Thanks I’ll try to sleep tonight hopefully I can manage it 🙄

sending warm hugs n lots of 💕

angelalee

@Dimpled 

Totally understood! My tolerance level is low when I don’t sleep well. I was angry with my husband this morning but I shouldn’t. Today is my daughter’s 10 yr birthday. It’s very hard to act normal at home, I didn’t tell my daughter and 13 yr old son that I have BC.

I hope you will have a good sleep tonight. 

Dimpled

@angelalee Hello dear! I have been really sleepless since Thursday night due to pre chemo anxiety plus now with hubby Covid positive n to run the household errands also the post chemo fatigue n side affects kicking in not sure how long I’ll be able to sustain 🥴

Getting really short tempered around the toddler n panicking if he coughs or sneezes although hubby is quarantined and we are following all Covid restrictions n precautions within the household but since we were unaware earlier so not sure if Todds, lil bubs, me or MIL have already been exposed 🤷🏻‍♀️
Don’t remind me about the hair loss. Since second chemo lost an entire chunk from the back of my head n it’s coming out in huge clumps. Also the hairline from left has completely disappeared I think cos of the headscarf causing friction 😖

been sick of using the hover every now n then n picking up hair from every nook n corner but it seems pretty much useless 🤷🏻‍♀️ Now even missing the pixie cut as most of the hairs already gone n not sure how long I’ll be able to keep the rest 😭

Rest wishing you all the best for your treatment ❤️

flower77

Hello everyone 

@Watcher72 

Thankyou for the best wishes , My daughter is so excited bless her . 
glad both your girls are ok too . It is hard on them but I’m sure the reassurance helps them bless them I bet they were upset when you went into hospital bless them mine have been a so good at times typical teenagers but I would not want to change that . 
The nurse had a lot of trouble trying to find a vein hence the picc line and when I had the chemo it was easier without the trouble that they had the week before . I also can’t use my left arm as had surgery already and lymph nodes removed apparently we cannot ever have blood taken from our operated side . 
Hope everyone is doing ok and not in too much discomfort love snd prayers to you all 💗 xx

Watcher72

@flower77  - Many happy returns to your daughter for tomorrow 💕 🎂   Mine will be 17 later this year! I don't know where the time has gone either. It seems 5 minutes since she was born....  I hope you are able to do something nice with her to celebrate.  They are both doing ok thanks for asking.  Finding it tough at times and they were both worried when I had to go to hospital, but we tried to downplay it a bit and blame it all on covid which they accepted, and thankfully was all it was rather than an infection.

Glad your getting on with your picc line ok. I was unsure about mine but as I have already had surgery and lymph nodes removed I can't use my right arm for chemo or anything so it made more sense to have one. 

I usually have difficulty when having blood tests etc. for finding a vein.  It was so easy this week having my 2nd chemo - hooked up in to time.

Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow with your daughter 😘

angelalee

Dear all,

Hope your weekend is good so far. I am thinking of you all. I had a light sleep last night, remembered I was still awake at 4am. I was thinking too much why my tumor didn’t react well to chemo. It was anxiety. 

Some of you experienced hair loss, I have prepared for this. I didn’t lose my hair yet after four weekly Paciltaxol. However, nurses told me I will definitely lose hair with EC after another 8 round of Taxol. I am still using cold cap which is getting more and irritating but I will doubt it if it worth to continue when I start my EC. 

@Dimpled I do chemo first, followed by mastectomy and targeted lymph nodes procedure, radiotherapy too. I went for a 2nd opinion last week and the breast surgeon did mention the possibility of breast reduction in my case instead of  mastectomy which was interesting. It will all depend on how tumors react to neoadjuvant drugs. 

@Pollyannasglad I have done some research, neoadjuvant works very well on triple negative. Did your oncologist say when you will do next scan to check the size? Fingers crossed, hope your tumor will be completely gone! 

@Watcher72 @flower77 @GreenBird 

Thinking of you all and hope we all get recovered from the side effects and get ready for next round. 

Dimpled

@flower77 Oops the itchy PICC line sounds horrible but glad to know that you got it changed n now are recovering. Sending hugs! I voted against getting a PICC line n have had two chemos without it as it sounds too much of a hassle to me 🫤

Wow that’s a big milestone for you n advance birthday greetings to your daughter 🥳🤩 Wishing her a wonderful year ahead n many happy returns of the day 😇

the hair loss is just another horrible experience in this journey I’m not sure if I’ll ever have the guts to shave it off although the massive hair fall is getting in my nerves now 😒

Thanks a lot I just hope n pray that he recovers soon as the ordeal just adds more on my plate and to cope up really needs energy which I’m currently running low on 😔

Sending much love n hugs your way ❣️

flower77

@Watcher72 

The picc line change was ok this time last week was the first but it was the day after it was fitted it was a bit uncomfortable. The nurse told me I should of phoned about my itching I did get upset but both her and the doctor were very nice and I’m just glad the itching has finally stopped . How are your girls ? My eldest daughter turns 17 on Monday do not know where the years have gone  . She’s so excited bless her . It must be hard for all our children but I’m trying to make things as normal as can be 💗
@GreenBird 

Glad you are doing ok . I am thankful for the info and will look on that course sounds good . 
I have already ordered a few hats of annabandana they are very reasonable and she has lots of variety. 
I am mentally trying to be prepared for the loss of my hair my good friend bought a bag around to me with two hats from that website too also two bags of lemon sweets . bless her as I told her about it . 
It is so good to be able to have this safe place to talk to everyone especially as we all know how it feels 💗
i thank everyone one of you for all the support 💗 and advice . 
@Dimpled 

Sorry to hear your hubby has covid sorry I did not mention this earlier this is all you need when you have just had another round of chemo , I hope he feels better soon . It is good that your mil is still there to help out too . 
hope everyone gets some rest tonight 

sending hugs 💗

Dimpled

@Pollyannasgladnice so they are off to Skåne that’s south of Sweden near Malmo. I’m based in Stockholm. 
It’s a plan then we both try to go through this BC treatment journey n try to meetup very soon 🙏🏻 if everything goes well *fingers crossed*

Lots of hugs n warm wishes 💕

Pollyannasglad

This is the trek!

https://skaneleden.se/en/delled/sl3-as-till-as

Hopefully one day lovely, wouldn't that be a post cancer treat for us both! x

Dimpled

@Pollyannasglad it’s my genuine observation n unbiased opinion based on whatever limited interactions we have had so far! Wow your family sounds amazing 😇

Oh lovely where in Sweden are they planning to go ?? I’m based there myself n the weathers just perfect for trekking these days. Let me know if you intend to tag along. I’d love to meet you in person ❤️

Pollyannasglad

Oh darling @Dimpled - your very kind words have given me a real boost, thank you so much! I've got our eldest son, my DIL and their 3 children staying this weekend. The grandchildren are a 9 year old boy and 5year old boy/girl twins....the girl is the boss! 😂 My son is about to take the eldest trekking in Sweden for 10 days! It's his enthusiasm and great parenting that also makes me want to hang around for as long as possible. That and the possibility that maybe I can join their adventures one fine day!! Wishing you all a peaceful night, you're all amazing!!!!.x

Dimpled

@Pollyannasglad Hello again!! So good to see your post since a long long time now. Yes I’m also feeling sad that it struck it at such a bad time 🫤 n my poor hubby is completely isolated in the guest room n I miss talking to him n the normalcy in the home. My toddlers really curious as to why daddy’s quarantined n why he can’t have his bed time stories or naps with daddy 😔

My tumor that appeared on the surface was also large n 4 cms (I have several tumors n spreading up till the lymph node 😫) Agreed!! So in my case as well the plans to shrink the size of the tumor n the spread if any to other parts of the body first followed by surgery, radiations n then antibody treatment n meds for the next 10-12 years. Keeping fingers crossed!!

you are my #IronLady n I really admire your positivity n calmness even when going through such an ordeal!! You sure boast up my energy n Thankyou for that really ❤️ I’m not sure if I hadn’t turned to this small group from time to time for advice, tips n how I feel I would have collapsed especially with the PPD 😖

Pollyannasglad

Hello @Dimpled @Watcher72 @angelalee @GreenBird @flower77 ... apologies if I've missed anyone! Sorry to hear that Covid has struck your husband @Dimpled ....yes, I know exactly how tricky having your spouse isolating can be, good luck....thank goodness for your lovely MIL! 

My treatment is neo adjuvant too...I'm triple negative and Stage 3. I think with larger tumours of this type it's standard practice to shrink before surgery and to attack the cancer cells hard.  My hair started to fall out a few days ago, before my third weekly treatment, and I reckon that it'll all be gone before the appointment I'd made to have a buzz cut next Tuesday! 

I'm feeling relatively well still, and although I know for sure that this will change, I feel both grateful for the relative calm and guilty that others aren't having the same lead in. 

That's one three week cycle done for me, only another 17 weeks of chemo left!!! 

Sending you all the biggest hugs. x

Dimpled

@Watcher72 He’s been complaining about fatigue n flu since yesterday n with poor appetite so we decided to take a home test today morning which came out positive 🙄🤷🏻‍♀️
but good that he got tested as we are all in the Risk group right now. He’s quarantined but that means I have to do the up n running of the rest of the household despite being on treatment Day 2 🥴

MIL is a great blessing at such a time 🙏🏻 Otherwise I’m not sure if I would have had the strength to go through child birth, BC treatment n now hubbys Covid n up n running of all the other errands 🫤

I intend to call my contact nurse on Monday for a few items will check with her so that she can confirm from the oncologist for the fourth jab! It’s everywhere unfortunately in my part of the world throughout Covid there were no restrictions n no one wears a mask here. So I have been asking my hubby off lately to do so n he dismissed it saying I was being silly n how everyone gawks at you once u wear a mask in the public space 🤷🏻‍♀️
I just didn’t had the guts to shave off my head n even having the pixie cut didn’t look like a good idea at that time. I recall how haircuts used to be a fun activity once n this time I ended up breaking down in the loo post my pixie cut (thanks to PPD) 😖

Lol I’m sure you look pretty good, as everyone keeps on telling me that hair/lashes n eyebrows are secondary as my body is already going through a lot hence no need to bother about it at this point in time. N it’ll eventually regrow so I think it’s not even worth it!!

@Pollyannasglad can totally relate to how you felt while you were managing everything along with preparing for your own treatment! Haven’t heard from you since a long time hope everything’s ok at your end??

@angelalee I’m on neoadjuvant treatment too but I’m ER and Her2+ve. Check with your contact nurse/oncologist n openly share all your concerns and what Evers going through your mind right now. They give out so much information that at times it’s hard to absorb everything. But my suggestion would be to speak your mind out n discuss it with the experts. They can probably tweak your treatment n make up better plans! How many sessions of chemo are planned for you ?? Have you had surgery prior to chemo or will it be post?? N any radiations planned ?

Rest Good Luck n Stay Strong!!

Sending hugs n warm wishes to all 💕

angelalee

@Watcher72 @Dimpled @GreenBird @flower77 @Shi 

Hope everyone is coping well.

All today’s messages well received and I read them all. Great to see our thread is so active. 

How many of you are on neoadjuvant chemo? I have done the 4th round but don’t feel any changes to my tumor in terms of size and density. My BC type is Hormone sensitive and HER2-, I feel like I should be given neo-Hormone therapy instead. Of course, I am not a doctor. Just a bit sad. 

Watcher72

@Dimpled - sorry to hear your husband has come down with covid - hope he's not too poorly.  Sounds like you're doing the right thing quarantining him away, need to be careful with you all being vulnerable. At least you still have your MIL there to help with the little ones.  I would speak to your oncologist about getting the 4th jab - mine arranged me to get mine done for me, as like you I wasn't in the right group to have it done normally. I think it helped keep my symptoms quite mild.  But it is everywhere at the moment in the UK.  

I haven't washed my hair since last Sunday 🤢 it's looking a right mess now but I know once I do more is going to come out.  Thinking of just shaving it off but don't feel quite ready yet. May change my mind when I wash it again and I get fed up with it coming out - before I end up looking like Gollum 🤣🤣

@GreenBird - glad to hear you're doing well 💕  my scalp felt quite tender the night before my hair loss which started on day 20 for me. Also when I woke up my hair looked very flat and dull so I knew it was going to start coming out.  Good to know the course you did was helpful - I've heard about that one but not got round to booking it yet.  Think I need to look at that next week x

@flower77 - good that you have some medication to help with your side effects and that the itching has stopped. How did you find your picc line being changed. My first one was a bit tender but getting much better since 🙂

Dimpled

@GreenBird @Hello dear!! Wishing you all the best for next week ❤️
So true Covid has been turning everything upside down since 2019 and still going strong 😤

Hair loss for me started exactly at day 14 post first chemo so I’m now afraid even to brush it n shampooed 3 days ago 😖 I have never been this irregular with hygiene so it’s a struggle. My scalps really itchy n post this weeks pixie cut (which hasn’t been helpful) almost bald at the back of the head that gets rubbed with the pillow 🤷🏻‍♀️ So adorning a head scarf loosely tied to the head 🙄

thanks for sharing the link I’ll try to browse through it although I’m not sure if they ship outside UK 🤔

I think I was too lazy to order a wig but due to hubby now down with Covid all plans for next week have to be rescheduled 🥴

Hugs n warm wishes 💕

GreenBird

Hi there @Dimpled @Watcher72 @flower77 @angelalee @Shi @@NKB , which I think covers the group, sorry if I missed anyone. Just to say thanks for well wishes, I'm doing good and due second EC next week. Looks like everyone adapting to the various stages and side effects. Really sorry to hear Covid keeps impacting treatment as family members come down, it's such a worry.

I am anticipating hair loss next week and just wanted to share this website that was recommended for courses- I joined a zoom course on using wigs/scarves etc last week and it was really useful and I'm going to join more courses. 

https://lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/

And also, after the course they sent links to various charities/websites that they had tried and recommended the products, one of them had a really good sale section so I ordered a range of hats/ scarves etc and they came the next day and I really like them - just ordered more....

Www.annabandana.co.uk 

I can feel my scalp getting itchy so expecting it to go this week but now I have funky head wear to rock ☺️

Stay well everyone x

flower77

Good afternoon everyone 

Have now got meds to help with side effects which is much better now finally stopped itching . Still spotty but calming down with cream too had picc dressing change done yesterday spoke to a lovely on call oncologist very caring and understanding . 
@Dimpled @Watcher72 @angelalee 

I am glad your next treatments all went ok and hopefully you will feel ok and side effects will be under control too . 
love 💗 prayers and hugs to everyone xx

Dimpled

@Watcher72@angelalee@flower77@Shi@Angelgal@NKB , @GreenBird 

Hi All!! Hope everyone’s doing well! My husband just tested positive for Covid 😖 n I still haven’t had my fourth jab yet as it’s not open for my age group at the moment in this part of the world 🤷🏻‍♀️
not sure but I’m thinking to check if my oncologist could get me a special place to get squeezed in for the fourth jab 🤔

I have confined my hubby in his room, he’s quarantined while masks, gloves, all Covid kits are out n fully functional 🥴 we are all in the sensitive group I.e. me, toddler, lil bubs n mum in law 🫤 so it’s gonna me a tough quarentine period 😫

@Watcher72 hey beautiful! Couldn’t agree more with you 🙃 they are so head strong even at such a young age. 
Yesterday was much smoother 🙏🏻 as I had gone through one cycle so but without the PICC line I hate the marks the needles leave 🥴 I have already gotten a bluish pink big bruise post one of my previous blood thinning jabs n it gives me the creeps 😖

The metallic taste kicked in immediately after I started with the steroids from Day 0, although I’m trying to take in as much food as I can today n tomorrow as it gets worse with mouth ulcers, blisters, constipation n diarrhea as well as fatigue n bone churning pain in the lower legs. But I took the prescribed paracetamol yesterday at night although was sleepless but the pain was much less as compared to the first time probably cos the dosage of the prescribed paracetamol was stronger as compared to the over the counter paracetamol which was totally useless 👎🏻 So the oncologist had reduced my dosage for this time by 10% hoping n praying the side affects to be slightly milder as compared to the last time 🙏🏻
Oops!! Covid sucks big time n just makes everyone’s already complicated life even more complicated 😖 Wishing you a speedy recovery 💕

I can totally understand the waiting really gets to one’s nerves but the good part is that ur hospital is well within reach otherwise if commute added to the wait stress only makes the situation much more worse 😒

Great!! So we are both done with the second one now 🙏🏻
Sending best wishes n prayers for your speedy recovery ❣️
For the rest of the gang sending hugs n wishing you all a lovely weekend 💕

Watcher72

@Dimpled - I remember those days so well of little one changing rapidly, time really needs to slow down when they're that age.  I also had a very independent little one who knew her own mind on what she would and wouldn't wear.  It's not much better now 🤣  but at least we can compromise if I need to wear something a bit more specific for a family party or wedding or something .......

Hope you got on well yesterday and the medication is helping with any side effects.

I finally got my 2nd EC done.  Went to the hospital and they told me they had deferred me to the following week as my covid swab came back positive 🙄   So I explained about it being deferred from last week and the oncologist had given me the go-ahead to have it done.  She went away and checked and came back to confirm it could go ahead.  Only thing was I needed to wait for the treatment to be made up by the lab and there wasn't a side room free where I could have my treatment  - or wait.  So I had to go back home and wait for a phonecall.  Bit of a stressful couple of hours as time was moving on. Eventually got called back at 4.45 to go back in.  The upside was that once I got there (luckily the hospital is only 15 minutes away), I could get hooked up straight away and treatment started.  Feeling a bit tired this morning but otherwise Ok. 2nd one done and ticked off thankfully 

Hope everyone else is doing Ok today x 

angelalee

Good morning, everyone 

I had my 4th Paxiltaxol yesterday and felt too drowsy afterwards, then slept 10 hours. I feel fine this morning.

My chemo friend who I met 3 weeks ago in the ward, coincidentally we both work for Accountancy Firms, though two Firms are competitors but we are friends. She is on EC and yesterday was supposed to be her second time. Unfortunately she couldn’t do it as the doctor was not happy with her blood test. She was prescribed some injections and hopefully I will see her again next Thursday. 

hope you all have a good weekend. 

Dimpled

@Watcher72 I’m hoping for the same although so far it hasn’t been successful hence still shopping online 🤦🏻‍♀️
oh yes lil bubs is becoming more aware of his new surroundings now n getting demanding so in a nutshell the womb feeling is slowly wearing off for instance he prefers that his hands are not to be wrapped when swaddled 🤷🏻‍♀️ N already he’s hardly 27 days old n is setting his own preferences 😂

meanwhile big bubs has his own preferences so as what to wear n he’s only 3 imagine kids these days 😝 I recall my mom putting on clothes n shoes to her liking even when I was finishing college n attending uni starting my job!! But then again we can’t compare our generation with the new ones. 
thanks dear really need it ❣️

Watcher72

@Dimpled hope you manage to get some sleep tonight. Bet your little one has changed so much in the last couple of weeks 🥰 sending you love and strength x

Dimpled

@Watcher72 Thanks a lot dear ❤️
Just got done with preparing the meds setting timers for the same n prep for tomorrow. I’m sure I won’t be getting much sleep tonight once the anxiety kicks in 🫤 I had the same the last time entirely sleepless the night before chemo 😔 but I have night shifts with lil bubs as well so let’s hope it’s better this time. Trying to stay strong!

Sending hugs n best wishes 💕

Watcher72

@flower77  - I found the Thursday after my first chemo the day when I felt the most drained, but woke up on the Friday feeling much more normal.  Fingers crossed 🤞 that you start to feel a bit more back to normal soon. 

@Dimpled - wishing you well for tomorrow.  Like you say - after that you will be 2/3 of the way through! Same as me.  Getting through this as best as we can 😊

@Shi - Thank you.  Feeling better this evening and been getting my stuff ready for tomorrow. Get this next one done and out of the way x

flower77

You are correct walking and fresh air does help and also yourself and everyone here too is comforting 💗 and helping . 
This is a Journey I really hope you are ok tomorrow will be thinking and praying 🙏 for you . 
Your kind words have helped and you have young children at least mine are older ( teenagers) less dependent. 
sending hugs 💗 xx

Dimpled

@flower77 Hello beautiful 🙃

thanks a lot dear really need all the luck, prayers n wishes to make it through this tough journey!!

I have had a slight acne outbreak on my left cheek but I’m not sure if it’s related to the chemo or post partum. For me as I already have really dry skin May be it’s the chemo side affects drying out my skin further which could be causing it but I’m not 100% sure so I might book an appointment with a dermatologist once the next chemos fatigue wear off!!

Please check with your contact nurse she might be able to guide you better. I called my nurse the last time when severe side affects were really wearing me out with zero appetite severe nausea n diarrhea so I ended up loosing 3 kg n was afraid even to look at food. Although that didn’t help me much as I already had the post partum aches n pains n chemos side affects n no energy. So my nurse got me prescribed medication from the oncologist for both n based on my last discussion this Wed with the oncologist pre chemo 2 session my oncologist decided to reduce the dosage of my next chemo. As I was having a lot of side affects. So I asked her if reducing the dosage would mean having more chemos than initially anticipated ? N thankfully her reply was negative 🙏🏻
Please try to go out for walks whenever you feel like the weathers lovely n my oncologist told me the same that it’s very important for your own mental health. Not that I’m in the best state of mind myself, easier said than done but I’m trying to keep myself busy just to keep my mind occupied n take strolls whenever I feel teary n it’s helping. I wouldn’t say 100% but I’m somewhat better as compared to how I was feeling until Tuesday crying alone whenever I was putting my toddler to sleep at night or alone in the loo. I know n can totally relate yo what we are all going through right now. But we don’t have a choice n we can only make this journey a little bearable if we are strong enough. So you can do it so buck up n let’s stand strong together. Whenever you feel yourself low/depressed please give out a shout n I’ll try me level best to cheer you up ❤️
thankfully I didn’t get any reflux but initially constipation ( which initially was due to postpartum) later aggravated post chemo, followed by severe diarrhea, metallic taste, blisters n bone churning pain in the lower legs n backache. But as my oncologist said we cannot single out whether that’s only post chemo related or post partum 🤷🏻‍♀️ So I’m trying to hang in there n although dreading tomorrows appointment but on the bright side then only 4 more chemos to go *fingers crossed*
Sending warm hugs n lots of ❣️

flower77

Hello everyone 

How are you all keeping been thinking of you 💗@Dimpled @and @Watcher72 @good luck for tomorrow will be thinking of you 💗

feeling tearful today but went out for a walk and felt better 💗
I have an out break of spots on my face I feel like a teenager again has anyone else had this problem? fortunately no sickness but feel  drained and awful reflux but on my regular tablets now to help to control it . 
Love and prayers to everyone 💗 xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Watcher ❤️ It can be hard to re focus after delay ❤️ But just hang onto the chemo rollercoaster and everyone else 👭 day by day and step by step ❤️ Most important thing is you get through chemo safely ❤️ I see you got some fun Amazon wigs 👍 hope you’ve grabbed the multipack tinsel ones they do 👍 you could do a mini music festival in your back garden and both stick on one ❤️ As I’ve said before everyone finds their own drum beat and the ups and downs of the rollercoaster can make you feel like it’s more like Aladdin’s magic carpet at times but together 👭 you’ll get through ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Watcher72

Hi all - hope you're all coping with whatever this week has thrown at you - or been able to enjoy a bit of peace. 

I've felt really flat the last couple of days.   I'm having my 2nd EC treatment tomorrow - which was delayed by a week due to catching covid.  Even though I haven't felt ill with covid, I feel like I have lost all motivation.  Partly due to having to isolate when I came out of hospital for a few days, so even though I was home it didn't feel great as I still couldn't see my kids or my husband properly.    Also started losing my hair at the end of last week, and in the last couple of days has gone from a wide parting to a comb-over  😁🤣     I don't think I'm going to bother with the cold cap tomorrow - it doesn't seem worth it now and I'm also concerned that when I dampen it and put conditioner in it's either going to fuse or just come out when the cold cap comes off, and I'll need to shave it off anyway. 

Went for my wig appointment yesterday - which went well so should have it by next week hopefully.  I also ordered a couple from Amazon which are a bit daft, so had fun trying them on with my 12 year old today. Made her laugh anyway, which was good as she's a bit freaked out at the thought of me losing my hair. 

I also met my oncologist for the first time yesterday (he was off sick for my first oncology appointment) - I came away from the appointment thinking I preferred the other oncologist I saw before.  Maybe my frame of mind didn't help and he's not that bad ......  time will tell I guess 

Sending you all big hugs 💕