JULY 22 CHEMO STARTERS

Went for blood test and covid swab today. Having PICC line fitted and 1st chemo this Friday 1st July.  Having 6 cycles - EC-T 

Anyone else around due to start this month? 

Wishing you all well x

Hello! 

best of luck to you with your treatment :purple_heart: and tests tomorrow. I’m having 4 cycles and then 12. 

I start 13/07

Morning everyone. I was hoping to be a June starter having found my 3cm+ lump on 8th April but time ticked slowly and I saw my oncologist for the first time yesterday… relieved to be joining all of you now though! I’m Triple Negative, Stage 3 and it’s ductal. Had a CT scan which was clear for spread (hurrah) but that was weeks ago (boo!). Echocardiogram will happen tomorrow and if that’s ok then it’s my initation to the unit on the 7th, PICC line on the 13th and first infusion on the 14th. What I know so far is that I’ll receive mega antinausea drugs half an hour before chemo (because I’m very travel sick and had bad morning sickness back in the day!). Then it’s 12 weeks of infusion delivered chemo (one day line flushed, next day chemo - 5days off) and then 4 cycles of: one day line flushed, next day chemo - 12 days off. So 20 weeks in total. Then a few weeks recovery before surgery and then radiotherapy. Haven’t been told the names of the drugs yet but I’ll ask on the 7th. Anyone else having a similar regime? My house is like a pharmacy, I’ve had my long hair pixie cut already as I’m not cold capping, it’s a long drive to the hospital with no public transport and I’ll want to get home as quickly as possible. 

How are you all feeling after your first treatments, sending you all hugs. x

Hello @Watcher72  hope your PICC line fitting goes well today, seems like I’m 13 days behind you. I was asked to have my 4th Covid vaccine a few days ago and then a 5th in 3 months. I’ll be interested to hear what you get advised/decide to do about line covers. I think we all need summer to come back and short sleeves to return? 

Wishing you well too. xx

Hi

Completed round 3 of FEC-T for triple negative stage 3…

How did your picc line fit go today, debating whether to get one

Sending hugs x

Hey Everyone, 

Another July starter here! I received the call today to confirm I start chemo on 18th. However this is pencilled in  ow as tested positive for COVID today as well!! I have been reading through all your messages to catch up but just so glad to be on a journey with others who will get it! I’m post op 4 weeks lumpectomy and node sweep and wasn’t expecting to be on this path at all so still getting my head around that. Some real panic moments. I’m looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing positive vibes, bad days, good days, what made you smile today, chemo hacks, and much more. 

I’m not up on all the abbreviations so bear with me. First up I’m every two weeks on EC over 8 weeks and then changing over to Taxel  for the same every 2 weeks for 8 weeks. Not looking forward to the hair loss but attempting the cold cap to see how I get on. My mum called me vain but I had Ombre brows done so at least this will fade over time and not just go overnight. The more I read the more it upsets me but I need to read to know what’s going to happen. I have a moan about something and my friends straight away put a positive spin on it - not their fault but actually just want to have a freak out every now and then! Sorry I am waffling already - good for the soul I guess. 

Anyway looking forward to getting to know you all xxx

Hi All,
@Pollyannasglad, @Watcher72, @Angelgal, @NKB @angela1234

Long time. Don’t know how many of you still participate in the forum especially since the upgrade.

Just wanted to check in on everyone.

Sending warm wishes n hugs :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Hello Dimpled - how are you. Hope all is going well. If I remember right are you still on treatment for HER2? How much longer do you have left to go? How are the family?? Keeping you on your toes I bet. Sending you hugs xx

1 Like

@Watcher72 Hello beautiful! I’m still recovering, not at the very best of my health these days n morally I’m at my lowest :roll_eyes:

So good to hear from you. I hope that you are done with all your treatment and enjoying with family n friends. Seems like Chemo ‘22 starters have somehow been inactive or May be everyone’s pretty much completed their respective treatments and are probably taking a break now. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes things are ok I’m trying to juggle since my dearest mum in law left n I’m on my own since July :woozy_face: So I have my mind n hands full with two toddlers now, household n my treatment ofcourse.

Yes I’m having my Anti Hormonal Treatment since my radiation ended and I’m supposed to get 14 Kadcyla (10 down, 4 more to go) along with Zoladex injections every 3 weeks but on Monday I got a higher dose that’s cos my oncologist after discussion finally Changed the injections to quarterly but with a stronger dose. So in a nutshell the side affects are more I get some flashbacks like that from the chemo era :expressionless: not pleasant at all. But I’m still here post 15 months of treatment, right out of the labor room into the oncology department. In an ideal scenario I’m supposed to get done with Kadcyla by Mar’24 (which hopefully would mean the major active treatment is done by then) fingers crossed but Zoladex I’m supposed to get quarterly from now for at least the next 5 years and I’m on a pill Anestrazole to be consumed daily for the next 10-12 years.

Happy Pink October - Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

Sending you warm hugs :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Hello Dimpled - oh I’m so sorry your Mum in law has now gone home. I know she was such a huge support to you. You must really miss her company - and the extra pair of hands!! You are doing so well with getting through all that treatment. I bet it must feel never-ending but I hope you are proud of yourself.
Was it your decision to have the higher dose of Kadcyla? How long have your side effects lasted this time around?
I finished active treatment in December and now on letrozole. It took me several months to begin to feel less fatigued. I have been trying to lose some of the weight I put on since starting letrozole, and that is helping with giving me more energy.
Sending you hugs :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Morning beautiful!
Agreed my mum in law was my support system n we all miss her terribly :disappointed: but she’s back home now looking after her mum who has been diagnosed with lung cancer :cry:
We are trying to cope up without her n now after 4 months although the routines crazy but we are getting there. Higher dose of Zoladex injection. Well I inquired since initially my oncologist had said it would be quarterly but after discussion he said I was getting a lighter dose every 3 weeks to bring the Estrogen levels down. Now they are low enough n I’m in menopause (probably forever). This time the side affects were more n lasted about a week cos of the combined affect of Kadcyla (herceptin) and the higher dose of Zoladex.
Glad to hear that you are getting better n wow it’s going to be almost a year since you finished active treatment. You should celebrate this milestone. :slightly_smiling_face:
Sending warm wishes n hugs :heavy_heart_exclamation: