62392members
328316posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 2016 Chemo starters

Re: January 2016 Chemo starters

I left the hat / scarf off for the first time on Friday and went to work with my very short hair! Eyebrows coming back but still colouring them in. Not much in the way of eyelashes yet. I was shocked it was so white too but now I seem to have dark hairs coming through it. 

I left the hat / scarf off for the first time on Friday and went to work with my very short hair! Eyebrows coming back but still colouring them in. Not much in the way of eyelashes yet. Got an Annie Lennox look. I was shocked it was so white too but now I seem to have dark hairs coming through it. 

Morning lovely ladies, I hope you are all feeling as well today. I wanted to post as I and so many people have commented on the speed of hair growth. About a month before I finished chemo I has a few fluffy bits showing on my bald head. Hubby suggested I use a bit of his Alpecin shampoo which says it stimulates the hair folicles ?
I finished my last chemo 18th may, am now 6/20 sessions radio in. (So far so good) I have to say I still have no eyebrows, eyelashes or hair under arms etc so it does seem strange head hair would be this good. It is very grey/ white but is starting to curl and is getting the thickness - no patches either. Although at 47 I didn't expect to be white as driven snow 😳 hey grey is all the rage! 😉 Maybe worth a try who knows. Love n hugs Jo x

Well done you Claire and all done - a good feeling , yet strange after such a long time of such frequent visits and treatment. I had such a busy day on my last rads Tuesday , being my 66th bd and big family BBQ in the sun - yes that's right- we had some sun !!! Just got bone density scan on Thursday , then final review with my once in late July. Don't know what happens re checkups after that ? When to have next mammogram etc ( ? One yr after last one - Oct , when it was found ). No doubt will be told when seeing onc. 

No lashes, eyebrows, although some hair coming through and actually had to search out my leg 'zapper' as some hairs had started to appear - ouch !! Think we will all feel a bit wary on any return - keep feeling my other boob - is it a lump or is it normal tissue ????? Suppose after such a roller coaster of a journey, it will take time to feel less anxious . Hope everyone is doing ok and love and best wishes to all , Mechele X 

Community Champion

Well done Claire!! 

Im about a month ahead of you chemo wise? My bottom lashes have cone back and top ones starting to appear! 👍🏼 eyebrows going wild! Had to get them waxed twice so far to take them!! As for my legs!!!! Wo! I need a strimner not shaver! 😂 Underarm nothing yet and down below coming back too now! 😒 

Hair getting better every day. 

Ferling quite tired and legs aching past few days. I'm 10 days post last 19th rads treatment. Told it'll be fatigue from rads and meds causing hormones to rage..... 😖 I too was quite tearful yesterday. 

Take care xxx lots of love xx Tina

Community Champion

So that's it. I'm done. Ten months since my first visit to the doctor with a dimpling in my right breast. Two mastectomies, chemo and rads later it's over. I'm not really sure how I feel. Had a good cry on the way home from the hospital, now I feel a bit numb. I'm a different person. I don't feel as confident, I absolutely hate looking the way I do ( no sign of lashes and brows yet- how is everyone else doing on that front?) and I feel wary Of the future  in case it happens again.

so many things to look forward to now, and it's time to heal physically and emotionally.

Its been a long, bumpy and difficult path. Thank you ladies for being there to hold my virtual hand.

i hope everyone is doing well

lots of love

claire xxx

Ali sorry to hear that you were feeling bad.  I hope you are feeling better today.  I use an app called "Mindful" which a psychiatrist friend recommended; the logo looks like this (+).  It only costs a couple of pounds and only takes a few minutes a day and is surprisingly effective at calming me down.   Something like that might be worth a try.  I find the "night reflection" bit really good.  It basically reminds you that we have good days, bad days, amazing days, horrible days or whatever, and that however you are feeling, it was just one day and tomorrow will be another day.  Very simple and yet reassuring!  Hope everyone else is doing well.  I went to work today.  I think it was a bit too soon as my surger was less than 2 weeks ago.  Also I had to stand up for an hour on the packed train as there were no seats.  I'm going to stay at home for another week before I try again. Nice to be normal again for a day though.  Even just for 1 day!  Lots of love Fiona X 

Hi Ali

i had my last chemo session last Wednesday and I completely understand how you feel.  I was expecting to feel euphoric and for the SEs to be minimised because I would feel so happy about finishing.  In fact I have been feeling really down about it all.  Psychologically it doesn't make sense. I think it's because I have been so focused on coping with getting through the treatment and dealing with omg I'm dying thoughts.  Now I can see I've got to move forward and get on with life.  I really didn't expect to feel like this but I guess that's why they have the moving forward course.  My parents are in their 70s too and are fitter and healthier than me at the moment.  We have only just finished the chemo so we still have a lot of build up of the nasties in our bodies.  I am hoping that when I am a bit less tired and my hair stops falling out I will feel more positive.  (I cold capped through treatment bot have had bald patches appear over the last few weeks).  I hope that you do feel better soon. Take care.

elizabeth x

Ali I am sure you are not alone. I found being so Ill for so long after the last dose incredibly hard. I agree that phoning your breast nurse might help. If this treatment has taught me anything it is that we all respond differently.i think I actually have it easier living on my own - although it was frightening at times, I don't have to cope with someone else's expectations and emotions as well as my own! 

I really hope you find someone to help you move on quickly. I think sometimes when we realise the enormity of what we have gone through that's when the shock hits! 

Community Champion

P.s I've just started tamoxifen. Not looking forward to the enforced menopause but if it helps buy me a long future then I'll take it! Xxx
Community Champion

Ali, I know exactly how you feel. It's very hard to get over the changes to our bodies we have had to face and chemo ending does not mean life is suddenly back to normal. What you are feeling is natural and it will pass.

like you I was a fit, active healthy woman and I felt I looked good for my age (48 at diagnosis). I have had to come to terms with a double mastectomy and I am left with thin straggly brown hair  after the cold cap. It's a far cry from the long blonde I had before but I am pleased to have some left! I have no eyelashes and hardly any eyebrows and I find it very difficult to look in the mirror. However, I have gone back to work and I am feeling positive about the future. 

Breast cancer takes a huge toll on us emotionally and physically and it will take time. The last chemo is a tough one to bounce back from as your body has been through so much. I have also booked on a moving on course and it helps to talk to family and friends. As Mechele said your BCN mAy help or refer you to counseling. Don't beat yourself up for feeling down. You are a brave woman who has been through hell.

lots of love

claire xxx

Hi Mechele,

Thanks for replying.

I am married and have a very supportive husband but before this journey I was a fit 46 year old woman. Now I look and feel dishevelled and the prospect of a forced menopause with tamoxifen almost makes me angry and fearful that I won't be able to recover my 'womanliness' how vain is that? I had long hair and really didn't look my age. I feel so cheated.

I have spoken to my BCN and have got myself on a 'moving on course' but resent the fact that I have to take these steps. I just want my normal life back Smiley Sad

*sob*

Ali xx

Hi Ali , so sorry to hear that you're feeling this way, but not unusual I'm sure. You don't say if you're married/ partner etc to support you. I am now 6 wks post chemo, and felt good on the last one. However, I too had a down spell and felt guilty that I didn't feel happy. It is a very hard journey to get through, the evil effects of chemo - I too have no hair, eyebrows and the last of my eyelashes fell out only yesterday. Unless you have been on this journey, no one can fully understand the impact on the physical, psychological and emotional effects it has. Why shame / stripping of womanhood with the hormones- you obviously see yourself that way, but I'm sure others don't. Have you spoke with your BCNurse, or do you have an understanding GP. I'm sure you'll find all on this thread supportive and helpful. Some people may think that now chemo is over , with a good outcome etc , that we should feel incredibly happy , relieved etc etc - if only it was that simple !!! I'm sure you'll get through this, you're not on your own - sending positive thoughts, lots of hugs and good wishes ,Mechele. Please let us know how you're getting on. X X X 

Dear Ladies,

I am reaching out to you girls who might have already finished the majority of your treatments for some advice. I had my last chemo last week and I have been incredibly depressed since then. I was happy on the day of finishing but now I am struggling with feelings of failure and pathetic-ness since then. I am so angry and humilated all at the same time. Angry about my diagnosis and humiliated with everything I/we have had to go through. The indignity of hair loss, the addition of insult to injury with eyebrow/lashes loss. The loss of my breast and the compounded 'shame' of being on hormone therapy (to totally strip me of my womanhood) for the next 10 years. How can I come to terms with this? And why the hell should this have had to have happened?? How can I deal with it? I am in bits with all of this. My parents who are in their 70s are healthier than I am? I feel genuinely less of a person and even less of a woman. 

I feel also so incredibly guilty that I should be happy that I have been treated successfully (so they say) and my prognosis is good. **WTFFF** is going on?

*super sobs*

Ali xx

Community Champion

Great news Fiona. The chemo has done its job. Rads are a breeze compared to chemo. I'm 10 out of 15 done and no probs so far. I'm back at work too. 

Onwards and upwards everyone!

Have a fab (and hopefully not too wet!) weekend

claire xxx

Hi I'm doing well thanks Debbie, started driving yesterday and just trying to not do too much now so that I don't set my recovery back.  I hope you can take it a bit easier too, it's so hard with 3 children to look after.  Mine are a bit older so they can help out in theory: I just got my 10 year old to take out the recycling, and you would think I was asking for the moon, she did it though after a protest!

i just had a phone call from the BC nurse telling me that the pathology report showed a complete response to chemo which is a huge relief as being triple negative, there's no targeted therapy I could take.  I still need to go for my appt on Monday, to find out about the radiation plan, but that's great news for the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  XX

Hi Everyone,
Congratulations Sissy and Kim for finishing rads and Elizabeth for finishing chemo- (you've caught Fiona and me up) it must be such a relief for you.
Fiona- how are you getting on? I'm now 4 weeks since surgery and back driving, ironing, housework, like it never happened!!! I meet my oncologist on Monday to sort rads, I'm hoping to get started by beginning of July then I'll not clash with school holidays too much.
Kim- my legs are still very achy and heavy, I have been trying to get out for walks but I do think it's still chemo. My finger nails are sore, I do think I might loose a couple, I'm also struggling with my fingers, picking things up and doing buttons etc, they are not sore just feel weak. My hair is growing, but I'm still quite away off ditching my wig, I'm desperate to stop wearing it. I've just taken 4 tamoxifen and everything is fine so far.
It's been great having everyone here, I don't think I could of managed without all your love and support. I'm not going anywhere yet though, think I'll be hanging around for a while yet!!!
It's great we are all getting there and gradually resuming life back to some sort of normality. I booked a week in Scotland for the family yesterday, not till end of August but it's something to look forward to.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and we get some sunshine!!
Love and hugs Debbie x

Hurrah Elizabeth you did it!  It must have been hard work, I found my 6 x 3 weekly a real emotional strain and so I can't imagine what your regime felt like, it must've been really tiring.  Thank goodness you will get 4 weeks off before radiation starts.  I hope weather will kind and you will really have a good break.  Fiona x

Community Champion

Great Kim and Elizabeth, another milestone passed! I bet you are pleased the daily hospital trips are over Kim.

ive got 6 rads left, but to be honest it's no hassle. I have late afternoon appointments so it's quiet and I'm normally straight in and out in ten minutes. The staff are all so lovely and kind too. I am overwhelmed by the kindness of all the hospital staff I have encountered along the way. 

My skin is ok maybe a little red but nothing too bad. I've had 6 tamoxifen now and so far so good. Next appointment with onc 1st August then I see the surgeon in September to start talking about reconstruction.

I hope we all continue to dip into this thread as time passes and we start to move on with lfe. It would be good to hear how everyone is getting on.

love and hugs to all

claire xxxx

Community Champion

Great news Elizabeth!! 🎉🎉🎉
You must be so sick of hospitals, a 4 week break will be very welcome for you 😊
Xxx

I had my last chemo yesterday. Yippee!! It couldn't come soon enough. I've been shedding much more hair over the last few session. I start my rads mid July so I have a four week break from being messed with!

Community Champion

Actually, my celebrations were very quiet!  Went out for lunch, updated my facebook status and watched TV!! A friend made me an amazing cake, which I'd like to put a photo of on here to show you all, but I'm not sure if I can work out how to do it!

Mechele, my lymphoedema started just before my second cycle of chemo I think.  I was referrered to a therapist really quickly and given compression sleeves to wear which I did most days, but not if my arm was OK (don't know if it was the right thing to do or not!) Got progressively worse as chemotherapy progressed and I wear the sleeve every day now - this new one is very comfortable, I just don't like the general look of wearing one.  I'm quite confident that it will improve as my body stops having to fight the effects of chemicals and radiotherphy  and can concentrate on draining the lymphatic fluid!  

I have started to notice my legs ache more than they probably should.  I'm wondering if this is the side effect of my hormone therapy tablets or just because my body is still trying to get back to normal.  It's definately manageable at the moment though and I think I should just try to ignore it.  I'm trying hard not to find side effects when there aren't any!!!

Lots of love to you all, I'll still be hanging around the forum, but would like to say you've been a great bunch of ladies and I've felt so well supported by you all.  So pleased I found this forum all those months ago Smiley Happy

xxx

Hi Kim, many congratulations on having your last rads and hope you celebrated last night , I know I certainly will on Tuesday when I have my last one, also my 66th 😨 Birthday as well. At my hospital there is a big bell with a notice , telling you to ring it 3 times on last treatment - always makes me smile when I hear it and everyone in the waiting room claps. Hubby says he's going to give it a good ring for sure. How is your skin bearing up ? , mine is quite red with 4 to go, a friend of mine blistered quite badly, hoping mine just stays red ! 

When did your lymphodema start - do hope it improves for you. We are all mostly coming to an end - what a journey for sure. I would like to thank each and everyone of you for the messages of support and best wishes, such lovely kind people on this site and such a huge help - thank you all and sending love and best wishes, Mechele. X X 

Ps If anyone has any experience of travel insurance re companies / how much increase in cost etc, would be very grateful X 

Kim congratulations!  It's fantastic that we are starting to get back to normal life again.  You've been such a great support to everyone here while we've been going through this too.  I hope you are celebrating tonight. XX

Hi Tina, I would not have managed going away then,but we are all different! I could hardly walk at that stage and you have still got to be careful about infection. When I could walk I got out of breath so was very limited in what I could do. 

Good point about not being covered by insurance too. 

Sorry, damp blanket here! 

Ellie. 

Community Champion

Hi Tina, we wanted to go away after chemo and before rads started and even asked if we could delay rads for a week but the oncologist wasn't keen, so we decided against it. As it happened radiotherapy started 3 weeks after last T and I don't think I really would have felt up to going away.
Last radiotherapy session complete!! 🎉 The consultant has said the effects will continue to build up for a further 2 weeks and wait at least 4 weeks for any side effects to calm down. So far so good tho - just a little swollen and a bit tender. Also went to see the lymphoedema therapist and she was pleased with how my arm has been - the measurements showed that it had improved from last time. Got another new confession sleeve which is a lot softer to touch and if I like it she can order it on black which won't look so noticable when I wear black cardigans. Going back to see her again in 4 weeks.
So next big step for me will be the phased return to work next Weds!!
Hope everyone else is doing well 😊
Xxx

Hi Tina - difficult question really, we had planned to go away for a week but one oncologist said should be ok, the other saying that immunity can still be compromised etc, so didn't think it would be a good idea and wait a while. If booking prior to going, if you found you were not fit enough, then would lose all your money and insurance wouldn't cover knowing you still having active treatment. Better waiting to see how you are, we all react so differently , just my opinion. We had planned to book something last min , after I finish rads on 21/6/16, but at the moment just waiting to see how skin is after rads , which I've been told that rads still affective for about 10 days after - wouldn't want to go away then find skin breaking down. Do hope your chemo goes well , sending best wishes , Mechele. X 

Thanks for that. Yes im having T.
Xx

Hi tina, I'd say the third week after your last chemo you should in they're be okay for a week away, though I'd probably wait until nearer the time to book it. Are you also having three lots of T after your FEC? Just bare in mind that the effects of chemo are cumulative and that ow you are with T could be different to how you are with the FEC xx

Hi lovely ladies. Im from the may starters. I have a question......my hubby wants to book us a family holiday after my last cycle before i start rads. I beleive there's usually 4 weeks break. Ive no idea how ill be feeling.... Do you all think its doable? You may not be able to answer that i understand....may be best to leave it and book last minute. I dont want to say yes and feel rotten while im there!
Well done for crossing the finishing line.....im jealous! Im only day 13 of fec 2.....seems so far away and despite enduring cold cap ive lost lots of hair....so much that i cant go out without head coverage : (
Xxx
Community Champion

Love it!!! Have just read it out loud to my husband - so funny!! Very apt as its my last radiotherapy this morning!
Thanks for posting - made my day!
Xxx

https://csn.cancer.org/node/299213

I hope this his link works (might need to copy and paste it into your browser, I loved this story, it made me smile, and sums it up so well.  X

Hello all,

Cassie, I hope your chest infection clears up quickly, I was forever itching and wanting to move during rads!

Fiona, that's a good idea and would be fab if you could join us. Once we get a date we can make some arrangements.

I had my appointment with the consultant today, second mx is booked in for 11th August, I was hoping he'd also be able to tidy up my other mx as I have a slight 'dog ear' on the side of it, however he can't as you have to wait up to a year after rads have finished because the skin is sensitive. My skin is kind of okay at the moment, though you can see the large rectangle outline from where they've targeted the rads, also my arm pit is looking a bit red and sore. The problem is that since my ANC I've had no sensation in my arm pit so I can't feel if it's sore.

Easy Kent ladies, today Bcn Louise said they're setting up a new group for ladies with BC, apparently there's already one at K&C but they now want to set one up at whh, think he plan is that it'll meet on a monthly basis, think I'll join it as it's nice to chat with others. Love to all xx

Evening all and hurrah for finishing Sissy, fabulous news, you're through the tunnel and back in the sunshine! We're all getting close now, can't wait until we all get there.

Daisy, it was nearly 4 weeks until I got my taste buds back too, I celebrated by going out to a lovely restaurant in Edinburgh and staying the night in a posh hotel, it was a real treat and well worth celebrating, that horrible taste is just a nasty memory now.  The downside is I've put on 4 lbs since finishing docetaxl lol, despite breast reduction surgery!  Must get back on track....

Spent nearly all day on the sofa today as I'm determined not to do too much while I recover.  It's really difficult for me to take it easy but I'm doing well.

Claire I'm sure your hair is perfectly lovely.

If you East Kent ladies decide to meet up on a week day evening do let me know and I'd love to come and say hello.  Although I live in Scotland I work in London during the week (when I get back to work), and my mum and aunt are from Wye, where my aunt still lives so I could take the train to Ashford and pay her a visit too, which would be really nice.  XX

Community Champion

I'm 5.45 tomorrow so may well see you Ellie I've got horrible brown wispy hair!! I'll keep a look out for you xxx

Hi Daisy - mine took a few weeks and isn't that so annoying?! But now absolutely fine - it will come back to normal! 

Claire I was back home by then! Tomorrow I am 5.15 but have a consultation before.

Community Champion

Hi, I had a salty slimy taste in my mouth on T and absolutely no,sense of taste at all. It took about three weeks for taste to start to come back then gradually return to normal.
Claire xx

Hi ladies Feb starter here, has your taste buds kicked in yet, my last T was on the 2nd June my mouth still tastes bad. Bitter. 

Hope  your all doing well. 

X X X 

Hi everyone, hope all doing ok and you are feeling a little better Fiona. Gosh, that's annoying having rad times changed - I was given a print out at the planning appt to show dates and times, every day 12.40, apart from Monday's which is 12.30, due to review with consultant prior to rads. Why is it that the second your hands are above your head holding the 'handles' etc you ALWAYS get an itch to face, ear, etc and desperate to scratch it!! On the ceiling above is 2 ceiling tiles that has a picture of daffodils / flowers and I try to focus my brain on counting the leaves etc as distraction. Think daffodils will remind me in the future . No 10 for me today .

Has anyone arranged travel insurance yet ? What company , much increase in cost ? ( hate to think what it's going to jump up to ) Can anyone give their experience please - Thankyou . Hope everyone has a good day .

Mechele X 

Community Champion

I'm the same. I keep wondering if I've seen you. I'm at 5.05pm today. Xx

Hi Clare- I keep hoping to run into you at rads but don't know if I have yet! They change the times so much it's possible we haven't yet met. A reallynicelady smiled at me yesterday - I doubt it was you as that was gone 5pm! 

Community Champion

Yay Sissy you've done it!! When I think back to how we all were at the start of this it's incredible to think we have got to the end of active treatment and survived some pretty tough times. It will be good not having to go to the hospital everyday! Nine rads  left for me now.

Have you got your tamoxifen yet? I've taken three so far and no side effects yet but I realise its early days. I'm pleased though that last week I went back on the Slimmimg world plan and I've dropped a few pounds already. It could be due to the steroids finally getting out of my system.

I hope you feel better Cassy. Chest infections are awful. Every time I get on the rads machine I get an itch or the urge to cough, so I can imagine  how hard it was for you to keep still! 

Have a good day everyone

claire xx

It is good to read that everyone is doing so well. Fiona you have been really brave and coped very well, I think I would have gone to pieces! I hope your recovery goes smoothly from now.

I am feeling fed-up! After taking great care not to pick up any illnesses while having chemo, now almost 5 weeks after having my last chemo, I have a chest infection.  Felt pretty awful over the weekend and had to visit a walk in centre on Sunday morning to see a GP. I was prescribed 2 different types of antibiotics to make sure it goes. The radiotherapy today and the sessions at the back end of last week were difficult trying not to cough/move too much!

love to everybody,

from Cassy xxx

Hello all, sorry I haven't posted for a while, have been busy at work and going to rads etc, have been feeling very tired as well, it was nice to have the weekend off with no rads or work to go to!

Fiona, how are you doing? I'm glad to read that you're being looked after well and that everything went okay. Debbie, I hope you're recovering well from your operation and keeping up with your exercises, etc. Ellie, mechelle, Kim and Claire I hope rads are treating you well and you aren't too sore or too tired, Claire it was great to meet you last week, we need to organise our get together for us east Kent ladies.

I'm pleased to at that I finished my rads today and celebrated with a nice glass of champagne, it all feels a bit odd right now, I can't believe I've done it and my active treatment is over. Just have my mx in August, which I'm meeting Mr C about tomorrow so should get my op date. Felt a bit tearful today, took my rads team a tin of chocolates and a tin of biscuits as a thanks. I think they must get a lot of chocolate and sweet related gifts! Love to all xx

Well done Claire that's great, did you walk it or did you run?  I just managed a short dog walk round the park today after getting out of hospital yesterday.  My husband cooked a fantastic Sunday dinner and my teenaged daughter did all the ironing so I felt really relaxed and looked after.  Had a good night's sleep but this morning I had weird vivid dreams about driving in dangerous car parks which was very peculiar as I've had no dreams at all for the last 6 months.

I have my appointment to get my results next Monday, then just have to do the radiation and hopefully that will be the end of the story.

Hope everyone else is staying cheerful, nearly there!  Fiona x

Well done Claire, you really should be proud of yourself.

Isnt it so good to start feeling more normal 😊, despite eyelashes STILL dropping out - can't believe that when now 5 1/2 wks post chemo , or is it the joy of having had 6 of the tax.

Ellie, I've got seven to go, going a bit reddish but doesn't feel sore - is going very hard tho and when arm down by my side, feels like I've got a brick tucked under my armpit. Asked on Friday the dose of rads - having 43 Grays ( gy  )  divided into the 15 fractions, and have got a rads review today with Consultant Oncologist . Ahh sweetcorn , understand to be quite nutritious, but am allergic to it ( react with only 3-4 grains as tho having food poisoning !).

Wet, dark and damp day - forecast not the best . Best wishes to everyone , Mechele X X 

Claire you are amazing! I do t think I could have done it yet. 

i have a sore sore breast today and still 6 sessions to go Smiley Sad the nipple area is going hard. I don't like it! 

Actually  managed to get the sweet corn planted out thank goodness. 

Community Champion

Hi Claire - well done!! I can imagine how emotional it must have been for you, I found it emotional enough when I did it a few years back never imagining how I was going to be affected all these years later!
I took my first bisphosphonate tablet today to help repair and protect my bones from my hormone therapy tablets (Anastrozole) Its a once a week tablet and involves sitting upright for 30 minutes afterwards and not being able to eat or drink anything other than water for 30 mins too. Passed without any dramas and that's the last new medication I need to start taking now so I feel like another milestone has been passed!!
3 more rads for me now, still no soreness and everything is looking as it should!
Good luck with your return to work Claire, I have another week and 2 days to go!!
Xxx
Community Champion

Hi All,

i hope everyone has had a good weekend and we are all getting stronger and further along the road to recovery.

i did the Race for Life today. I'm so pleased I was able to do it and have energy to spare,  as a couple of weeks ago I could barely walk up the stairs. Our bodies are incredible with what they can get through and recover from! I managed to raise over £600 and my school team have raised nearly 3k. It was so lovely that so many staff and children took part to support me. I managed to hold it together until I saw my husband and son at the end. It was an emotional day!

I also took my first tamoxifen  last night. I was reluctant but it's a way to make sure this damn disease never comes back. I definitely do not want my life turned upside down by it again. I find it scary to think long term in case I'm tempting fate! 

So back to work tomorrow and rads number 6 in the afternoon. No soreness yet. How is everyone else doing?

love to all

Claire xxxx