1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

January chemo starters ?

Shocked

Re: January chemo starters ?

Wow Aliand how much hair and no grey  - very jealous and still no sign of growth for me just the usual fine white hair I’ve had throughout chemo I’ve lost the hair literally everywhere but I’ve never been that hairy so maybe that’s why. 

Paloma i only did one T but have yellow fingernails and some look like they are lifting its freaking me out a bit they thought of a nail lifting off.

amyjb

Hi Michelle, here's the link:

https://uk.lush.com/products/new-1

Still sold out πŸ˜•
Michelle21

Hello
Could someone tell me what the Lush stuff for hair growth is that you are all talking about? I don’t want to add to the sell out situation of it however I’m sure by the time I start using it you will all have long flowing locks! X
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry I wasn’t able to get you one paloma. Finger nails and toe nails can be delicate for months after chemo just to let you all know, keep on with hand and foot care for a bit yet too. Aliand 🍹🍹🍹few ready and waiting for you and Sunbed got a nice thick white robe with super Aliand on it for you to have a snuggle in πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Jamesy46

Aliand I also had constipation for the first time ever ! That’s why I was sick I was so full of s🌞🌞t !
Anastrazole is the equivalent of tamoxifen but it’s because I’ve gone through the menopause x
I’m on herceptin Amy and my hair is doing ok , never lost hair arm and I’ve shaved my legs , lashes are hanging in on top but gone on bottom , in a very hairy person anyway so think that’s why xx
I still haven’t had a drink since Jan but I’ve got a bottle of Pinot on ice , Saturday is the night !!!
Paloma

Have a lovely week Amy x
How did people's nails fare with the docetaxel? I used the dark nail polish as advised but have taken it off now and they are a bit yellowy with some white patches and two are bending downwards but otherwise ok. Getting a soaking wet sweaty head lately with the hot flushes πŸ˜•
amyjb

That's terrific regrowth Aliand!  Mine is still non-existent really but I've been reading a few threads and it sounds like Herceptin, which I'm on till next year, can cause slow regrowth - great!  I've lost hair pretty much everywhere, some I'm glad about but others not, obvs.  I've got a few lashes and 2 eyebrow hairs on 1 side and 3 on the other, lol.  I'm gonna try Perfectil for hair and Alpacin Caffeine Shampoo but keep an eye out for the Lush shampoo.

So this week is my "good week", didn't think I was going to get one again!  And it's school hols so I'm looking forward to spending some time with my daughter that doesn't involve hospitals, doctors and me lying on the couch!

Paloma

Shi, thank you so much for trying, very kind of you xxxxx
Aliand

No I didnt cold cap, though my hair did keep grownig and legs, arms and landing strip never disappeared completely. And my lip hair came back quick too - though finer hair rather than dark ones which I'm sure will come back eventually. The twice I went out partying bald I had to shave it a bit as it grew inbetween. 

I started the lush thing once on T, my oncologist said she didnt see what could be in it to affect anything though I know most people leave it until after chemo is fiished. - I can be a rebel.

So I think the lush thing has helped but I suspect that it would have grown a bit anyway. How frustrating its disappeared from everywhere, glad I got mine early, I've done that with a few things as I knew I'd forget.

Waiting another week before I start my eyelash stuff that I got, at Β£40 a teeny weeny bottle I dont want to use it recklassly. I've kept some lashes too - not many but enough to see, my eyebrow hair has almost gone but there's just enough for me to see where to use my stencil.

I am going out without the wig, it's liberating, and with good lipstick and big jewllry I think it looks ok. Cant wait for the picc line to come out on Wednesday though as its such as sign of illness and summer clothes are not very forgiving on the arms are they.

Jamsey I def found this last tax the hardest, I wasnt sick but my jelly legs, dizziness and total fatigue just floored me. 

Constipation only just sorting itself today despite sending in nuclear proportions of dinamite !

What's anastrazole?

Shocked - nothing til September - that must feel really weird !

I'm doing the backstroke today, heading towards the shore someone put the Tanquery 10 on ice will you xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Aliand πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘great hair darling. Paloma the lush near me has sold out too, sorry. I’ve asked and they can’t source some of the ingredients but are hoping to have it sorted in next week or so. Couple of others you can try are the lee Stafford hair grow in pink tubs and also fast shampoo and conditioner, I’ve known other ladies use these with good results too 😘😘😘hope that helps πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Dealdoh

Wow Aliand - did you cold cap?

Jamesy46

Wow aliand that’s impressive ! As soon as mine reaches that stage the wigs are gone !!
I cant get the red stuff on line either keeps saying out of stock xx
Last tax has really done the deed on me , I was actually sick on Saturday first time since chemo , temp was up and down all day , nearly called a/e but it stabilised thank god , just think it wanted to give me one last kick ! My prescription is ready for anastrazole , really apprehensive about starting to take it , hit my rads planking on wed and that is scaring me too , I know it’s nearly at the end but still feel like an uphill climb xxx we are so strong πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻
Mishy18

RosieH

Wow Aliand...crossing the finish line with a full coverage...!!!!! Xxx

Paloma

Glad you are starting to feel better Aliand. Looking good, a good coverage there xx

Aliand

So it's now Tax 4 day 5 and I'm just starting to come out of the fog.I've been really exhausted and badly aching but I think it's lifting.I'm so happy that the worst is over and now I can start to look forward to recovery.

I hope you get that red dot girls as I think it's great and seems to be working for me.

IMG_3357.JPG

IMG_3358.JPG

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Shocked great news no more appointments till sept, have you escaped the 😎😎πŸ₯“πŸ₯“πŸ₯“rads sizzle then πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘you can nip on oct17 thread to ask the girls about tamoxifen and see how they are getting in with it my darling ❀️❀️Paloma I’ve pm’d youπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Paloma

Also, I've been trying to get the New red shampoo soap from Lush but is always out of stock online and when I went into the shop today they didn't have any and said it is being reformulated unfortunatley, so I can't get hold of any. Still looking very bald.

Paloma

Hi Shocked

I am getting really exhausted easily too and have really noticed my fitness has gone down since being in hospital after the first docetaxel. I know you were in too and we both had lots of antibiotics, so maybe the those on top of the chemo have taken a toll. Hopefully we should build up back up slowly. I find I am okay in the morning but have to lay down on the sofa and have a sleep in the afternoon and evening. I also have the yoga book Rosie, its good isn't it? I have been too tired to do it recently but I must find it out and make time for it because I am sure it helps. xx

Shocked

Thanks Rosie I'll take a look

RosieH

Hi Shocked...I’ve read loads about tiredness and fatigue. I’ve been ok but I have been doing yoga which helps. I’ve got a book from Amazon called Dr Yoga, Yoga for BC patients and survivors! If it’s your thing it’s worth a look.xxx

Shocked

Rosie - its good that you have more info on the side effects from ladies who have experienced the drug and that increase rate is really positive. You sound like you have a plan which always helps as well, you're such a strong and positive lady and have a so many things to throw at making sure the cancer doesn't come back.

I'm feeling far more human now though still looking like an alien and my OH seems to think I should be back to my old self by now but I am soo tired all of the time I just have no energy - is this normal? I have my Tamoxifen tablets to start Tuesday and no more hospital appointments until September all feels very odd.

Aliand - hope the last cycle is being kind to you

Fel - glad your hair is coming through.

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Rosie h, stock up on the udderly cream with urea from amazon that helps with sore hands and feet. So pleased some ladies have contacted you and let you know potential se’s 😘😘😘❀️❀️❀️To everyone πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
RosieH

Hi ladies...so this is a belt and braces thing. It’s to help stop reoccurrence which is far more likely when you don’t respond well to  pre surgery chemo...the pill is taken in cycles...14 days on and 7 days off up to 6 cycles. Some very kind ladies have contacted me and told me that they’re on it and mostly get a bit tired with sore hands and feet!! Trials have shown it increases your survival rate by around 30%, this was a very recent study and the results were apparently amazing. I’d still have the rads and Tamoxifen too. This was all MDT recommendation so I’m seeing the Onco Friday for her opinion. If she offers it I’m going to take it for some peace of mind!!!  

Hope everyone doing well out there xxx

Fel70

So sorry Rosie that you are having to have more chemo in tablet form.  Hopefully you won't get too many side effects.  

funnyface
Community Champion

Hi Rosie, I'm sorry that you didn't get the result you were hoping for. I am a secondary lady and have had quite a few chemos. Some times the chemos will hold you stable. Stable is usually no worse no better! That is what most chemos have done for me. I've had very little shrinkage. Wishing you the best and better results! 

FF

Anniej
Community Champion

Hi Rosie, just popping in from May 17 thread. I'm not quite in your situation, but I was diagnosed with 4 mets in my lungs the week before I finished my rads. A horrible, horrible shock - so I do know how you feel. It seems never ending, doesn't it? On the positive side , my Onco was very practical and straightforward, promising he had lots of tricks in his bag! So it has proved. I started Letrozole before I started my rads, which I had 25 sessions of. Then I have been placed on a trial of Palbociclib tablets which extends the efficacy of the Letrozole. The downside is that at 71 I'm a bit sensitive to the Palbociclib so my neuts keep dropping, and the upside is that all four mets have shrunk! πŸ€— Long story short - accept where you're at, and believe  that your medical team will provide you with the meds to fight on. They will know your story inside out, and will research and plan your pathway. It is scary, but the only way is up. Bless you, and stay strong. X

RosieH

Thank you kind friends...I’m so so tired of it...

it is a belt and braces thing...essentially if you have chemo before surgery and your tumour doesn’t respond then it’s classed as residual cancer and worsens your prognosis. The drug they mentioned is not supposed to be as bad as IV chemo but still up to six cycles. The American ladies in my situation are all clambering for it as a recent trial for it was very promising.

i keep telling myself I only know this because I had chemo first so in theory I should be thankful....

i just so wanted to have Radiotherapy and then Tamoxifen and get on with life...now I might have to wait longer....aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhh stupid cancer. Thank goodness I had a double mx and not the single or I think I’d have a breakdown!!!

sorry ladies just reeling a bit xxxx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Rosie ❀️❀️❀️ Your onc will have a plan for you darling, remember they will have seen this all before so will know exactly how to treat you going forward. It’s Understandable to be 😲😲don’t forget the BCCF helpline, they have the someone like you on there where someone who has faced the same can speak to you and answer any questions you might have, this could be useful so you can ask your onc more questions too 😘😘😘you are our πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺRosie and you will πŸ₯ŠπŸ₯ŠπŸ₯ŠπŸ₯Šit to pieces πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Dealdoh

Gosh Rosie that must have been a real blow hearing that you have to have the further chemo.   Would I be right in thinking that this is a kind of belt and braces situation (like those of us that had the surgery first) to make sure that there are no nasty little cancer cells floating about?  Do you know how long you will have to take the oral chemo for?   You are one strong woman Rosie and have been one of the most positive, upbeat and supportive ladies on here since this journey began in January and I am sure that once you have got over the initial shock of hearing the results, you will come out fighting once again.  XxX

Congrats on coming to the end of your chemo Aliand and good luck with you final one Amyj.  

Starfire9

Hi Rosie,

i am so sorry that this is the case. I am assuming that they found this out from looking at your breast tissue after the operation. I know you must want to escape from this all but when you can please off load to us on here. I don’t think anyone else is on the chemo tablets on this thread are they?

What did the onc say and what is the plan of action. Xxxx ❀️

Shocked

Rosie oh no, so sorry to hear your news isn't good and you've got to have more chemo you must be so upset and scared - especially since you were nearing the end. Big hugs, take a little time to absorb all the information you have been told, stay strong like you have been throughout amazing lady xxxx

Paloma

Rosie, very sorry to hear that, you must be so upset to have to go through more chemo when you thought you had finished. I hope the tablets don't have such horrible side effects. Can you just have them at home or do you have to go to the hospital to take them? I guess those of us who had the surgery first don't know what effect the chemo has had xx

Aliand

Oh Rosie I can totally see why you feel scared we all just want that all clear. Let’s hope the tablets finish it off. Have you had surgery yet ?

Amy only 12 days left till your last chemo xx
amyjb

My last chemo is on the 4th of June, can't come soon enough!

That really is disappointing Rosie.  Did you get any information on the tablets, in regards to the SE'S?  Where abouts are your tumours, I thought you'd had a mastectomy??

Aliand, I personally found surgery a walk in the park compared to chemo!

Fel70

Congratulations Ailand on finishing your 8 chemos.  Great T-shirt Rosie.

I now have a slight fuzz on my head coming through slowly but my taste is still affected and not enjoying food much.  Only advantage is that I have lost the weight that I put on due to the steroids.

Hope you all have an enjoyable holiday weekend.

RosieH

So the news wasn’t good...after 5 rounds of chemo my tumours remained. I didn’t have 1 big one as thought I had 2 large ones!! I don’t believe they grew but they didn’t shrink either!!! 

So when the Oncologist looked at my CT and said I’d had a great response I don’t know who’s CY they saw but I don’t think it was mine!!!

So back to the oncologist for more chemo they think this time in tablet form!!!!!! 

I am truly devastated and very scared xxx

Aliand

Yes Amy we are all here to cheer you on. Is the last one next week ?

I’m exhausted today and taste totally gone again but it’s the last time. Even though I’ve got surgery ahead it’s a different challenge and I’ll know hisbadvthd hospital food is ! πŸ˜‚
RosieH

Well done Jamesy crawling out the other side...

Aliand just hang in there and for once in life it’s ok to wish the time away xx

Thanks for finding out about CT shocked...good luck in your appointment...I’ve got my results apt this afternoon!!!!!!

Amy when’s your last one lovely? Don’t worry we will all be here waiting for you xxxx

Jamesy46

Great t shirt Rosie ! And great boobs !!
WEll done Aliand ! Get those s/e out of the way and that’s it done !
I’m Day 8 and still got the stomach cramps but nearly done woo hoo xx
amyjb

Congratulations on your last chemo Aliand!  Enjoy that feeling of dry land under your feet once you get to shore πŸŠβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘πŸ

So that must be just me still going then, always dragging my heels, lol.  I've got some neuropathy now but apart from that the SE'S from this Abraxane have been very mild for me - I'm even going into work today!

You're filling out that brilliant tshirt splendidly, Rosie πŸ˜‰

Shocked, thanks for letting us know about CT.  Good luck with your consultant appointment.

Starfire, seems odd that all the professionals are saying that it's not caused by the Tamoxifen yet it's on the list of SE'S, did you mention that to them?  Have you noticed any improvement yet??

Best wishes everyone xx

Dealdoh

Congrats to you Aliand, on the home straight now.  Is that everyone over the line?

Great tshirt Rosie 

xx to all

Shocked

Rosie - also heard from CT she's good on hols with no internet access xx

Shocked

Well done Aliand on completing your epic 8 you truly are a superstar xx

I swathe consultant today and won't see him again for months all being well - a little confusion over whether the tamoxifen will Impact on my pituatory gland tumor but I am seeing the endocrine consultant tomorrow so have a letter from the oncologist to check - I am never a straight forward case. BUT most importantly I am fit to fly so happy πŸ™‚
Aliand

So happy to have completed my last chemo. Feeling unusually tired think my days out last week are still having an effect on me.
Not looking forward to a crap weekend but it’s all good really knowing it’s the last time.
Persuaded them to take my picc out next Wednesday so that’s another milestone.
Just bought hello magazine for when I’m feeling pants and got the wedding on record so I can watch it again to cheer myself up.
One of my friends is arranging a night out in a month for me to celebrate the end of this part of my treatment so I’m really looking forward to that.
Fun T shirt Rosie

Sitting at the top of that slide again, but at least I know where the twists and turns are !
She can you get prince harry to pour my cocktail when I get to the sunbed. I have a feeling he would look after me.

Love you all girls
X
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Rosie h, looking fab beautiful πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘top t-shirt too πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Aliand hope you are ok and πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Out of your last one today, Sunbed awaits with a large one of your favourite on the side πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›Žβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨to all Shi xx
Shocked

Rosie they look fab already  love the T-shirt

I'll try and message CT now

RosieH

Exciting week ladies...

Aliand I am so so so happy that you’re crossing the line today....let us know later how you feel. 

Shocked if ever there was a time for a new start this is most definitely it...gallons of luck for the move.

Ive tried to message CT but couldn’t make it work! If anyone else wants to try...?

Right ladies brace yourself...here they come...

EDC07761-96A5-403F-B262-7B823AAB363F.jpeg

Shocked

Aliand Good luck tomorrow xx

Rosie I was dreading looking at my scars and no nipple but it wasn't as bad as I expected at all I was just so pleased with the shape - though have to say in a way you're lucky to have done the double πŸ™‚ my prostehtic balancer has only been worn about twice I find it so hot and heavy even if my clothes fit better - really hope I can have a reduction on the other side I will be begging the surgeon when I see her in September,

Starfire - thats one long list of horrible side effects - I should be getting my prescription for the Tamoxifen tomorrow dreading it already.

Still no word from CT hope all is OK.

Well we've finally moved house and exchanged on our old house today just a couple of things left at the  house to pick up before we complete on Friday -  so a completely new start for me (I grew up in the village that we used to live so its quite a change  though we've only moved to where my hubby grew up about 20 minutes away). The farmhouse we bought and renovated is beautiful though - worth all those lonely nights whilst my OH worked on the house through chemo. Just need some new hair now as still very very bald xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ali and my beautiful sending you πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰and Daniel Craig and a can of whipped cream for tomorrow 😁😁😁😁, let us know when you’ve twirled your way out of lady chemo so we can all celebrate with you 😘😘😘starfire, jump on Oct thread and ask ladies on there about tamoxifen se’s darling, they could maybe be able to compare with you, sorry I can’t help you, I was tn. Love to everyone πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx