Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: January chemo starters ?

Now chemistry done not chemistry 🙄🙄🙄text gremlin out tonight 🙄🙄🙄💕💕Shi xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks Anna for looking after jan ladies privacy, girls tut tut, It’s all the Sangria now you are all on the Sunbed’s 😁😁😁🏖🏖🏖Amyjb well done you for having few hours back at work 👏👏👏👏fel, amazing lady 😎😎😎and already 3 in, pace yourself and keep fluids going and cream cream cream, starfire hope you are ok lovely ❤️❤️It’s lovely to hear you all talking 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁😁😁now chemistry done 👍👍👍👍it’s a great feeling isn’t it 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪💕💕💕Shi xx
Shocked

Wow Fel 4 hours thats some drive  - how you feeling apart from that?

Fel70

Hi Ladies,

I don't have a smart phone so I assume I can't join your What's App group.  

I have had 3 doses of radiotherapy this week and so far feeling ok, although the 4 hours daily traveling is pretty tiring.

Anna_BCC

Hi everyone

Just a gentle reminder not to share personal information on the open Forum as it can be read by anyone.  Please private message the information if you wish to share it.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Dealdoh

Done Aliand x

Aliand

Hi guys pm me your numbers and I’ll add you remember this is a public forum xx
amyjb

Hi everyone,

Well it seems we are all coming along in leaps and bounds now!  I returned to work today, only did 2.5 hrs and I'm glad to be home now for a bit of quiet time before my daughter gets home from school.

I've just messaged Aliand so she can hook me up 👍😂

🐟🏊‍♀️💃🏖

Jamesy46

Do you need our phone numbers for what’s app ?
removed number for online safety xxx

Dealdoh

Sounds like a plan Rosie.  What do we need to do to join the WhatsApp group?

good job Jamesy - one step closer to normalcy xx

RosieH

Well ladies thanks to lovely Aliand there’s now a WhatsApp group...come join the party!!

still on puppy watch...she is 2 days late now

Dealdoh...Ferry Meadows is one of our favourite places. Let me know when and I will come and see you for coffee and cake 😀

Shocked...does you Mum fancy popping by??

Rusden isn’t too far from Peterborough I think about 20 miles Jamsey, so glad you’re another step closer to normality xx

ive got Rads planning Friday morning then apparently start a few weeks after, they seem super efficient 🤞

So while you all enjoy the sunshine please send positive hurry up puppies thoughts my way xxx

Jamesy46

Hickman out !!! Yay stitches out next Thursday and I’m on my way xxx
Shocked

Rosie - puppies can’t wait to see the pics 😘😘 I’m ok for the second weekend in Oct 

Jamesy hope u have a better day today and will be ready for your surprise holiday. 

Paloma - how was your first rads appt? Hoping rads is a breeze for you all after chemo xxxx

Shattered today so just going to enjoy sitting in the shade watching my 70 year old mother do my gardening ermmm.  

Starfire how how you doing now with the Tamoxifen? 

Dealdoh

Hi Rosie.  Im hoping up to go up to see mum the week after next.  Do you know the Notts Cutt Garden Centre near Ferry Meadows.  

PUPPIES - YAYYYYYY

Jamesy46

Don’t show me the puppy pics !!! My boy Percy died 4 days after I was diagnosed he was an old tyme bulldog and I miss him loads and loads xxx
Aliand my friends live in rushden is that by Peterborough we used to meet them at the show ground for the bike shows xx
I’m back off my cruise on the 11 October xxx
Crap day today , went to have Hickman line out and the surgeon had booked annual leave !! Six hour trip for nothing , I was upset as I have booked that surprise holiday and time wise with stitches it wouldn’t of been possible if it wasn’t this week and obv the line comes first , just had a phone call and they are doing it tomorrow now phew xx
RosieH

So we could move the date to 2nd week in October? How’s that work for everyone...

Dealdoh if you’re coming up anytime soon then let me know we can meet up...where abouts is your Mum?

Aliand hope the wine was good!!!

I am currently on puppy watch...my little Shnauzer is due to have a litter of pups any moment now!! We thought after such a rubbish first half of the year we could do with some puppy love. She had a litter 2 years ago and we loved having them. I will post a picture when the little bundles of chaos arrive xx

Dealdoh

Rosie, am back from Canada the first week in October.  I lived in Peterborough many years ago and still visit quite regularly as my mum still lives there. I currently live near Deal, on the Kent coast. 

I was pushed into menopause after my first brush with BC, when I was put on Tamoxifen and unfortunately developed problems and ended up having a hysterectomy and removal of ovaries.  I have to say I found it took longer to recover from that surgery than the BC treatment.  The Tamoxifen was stopped and I was put on Anastrazole and that is what I am on this time round as well.  

Fifth rad session today.  All well so far.

Aliand

Got it Rosie. I’ll look at it tomorrow drunk wine tonight. Going to sleeeep

Saw the article I had 1 mode so not for me but weirdly not sure if I’d accepted no chemo as being ok. This is a mental battle as well as a physical one. Anyway we’ve done it now. No looking back looking forward !!
amyjb

Yeah I couldn't figure out how to do a group message on here so asked our wise owl, Shi, and she confirmed that it wasn't possible.  So we'll have to do something like FB or WhatsApp, or a group email - we must all have email addresses?!

I went to have treatment today, even though chemo is finished for me I am still having IV Herceptin and Pertuzumab.  PET scan is booked for next week and see onc again in 3 weeks for results and where I go from there.

Paloma, all the best for tomorrow!  Yes I saw that article in the paper, thankfully I wouldn't have been affected by the changes as I had node involvement, gosh I would have been disappointed otherwise! Btw, I've pm'd you ☺

I had a Mirena coil fitted 2 months before dx and on the pill before that so I've got no idea about my periods, although I have been getting hot flushes lately so I queried it with the oncologist on Thursday as if I'm not getting periods anyway how will I know if I'm menopausal or not?  She said that it would have been too shorter time (having chemo) to put me into menopause permanently.

RosieH

Shocked that’s brilliant news...I think we’ve all had way too many SE for one lifetime!!!

Aliand going to PM you my number...I’m just outside Peterborough in a village on the edge of the A1 so I’m fairly central and absolutely happy to travel anywhere 😀...xxx

Shocked

I’m on day 7 of Tamoxifen and happy to say no side effects apart from hot flushes - I’ll take that in fact I’m feeling pretty good. I’m 45 too and was having normal periods before chemo so if they return they’ll start Zoladex as well- I rattle from the drugs I already take but if it stops this hideous disease returning I’ll take anything they give me.

Rosie great news that you are going to go back to the work you love.

Went to a dance class set up by the hospital for ladies who’ve had treatment this morning - I was the youngest by quite a few years

Good luck with the rads Paloma

I’m on WhatsApp as well - not sure how the group thing works as I’ve used it so little
moomoo123

Thanks Rosie yes hormone check sounds wise x
Aliand

Yes you need phone numbers for what’s app. We would’ve better pm them to one person. But we need to check everyone has access to what’s app first.
I’m happy to set it up if people have access. This is our home for a while yet though I think. But we can sort out our meet up via what’s app

I’m St Helens btw where is everyone else ?
moomoo123

Thanks aliand and paloma I'm 47 I am menopausal from chemo at the moment but want to make sure it stays that way as oestrogen positive. I will discuss it at rad review next week x personally I'd rather they just remove my ovaries! Rather than even more drugs but would rather have zoladex than nothing x
RosieH

I think we should all still stay here through rads too...obviously top tips from the rads thread but I agree we have got each other through so much...

Dealdoh when are you back from Canada?

We can def make this date work for all of us...it’s important 

Moomoo I’m 46 and when I saw my Onco she said most woman over 40 donor get their ovarian function back after chemo...I said I bet I will I’m crazy hormonal!!! She laughed and said we will check your bloods and see...they rang this morning and guess who’s crazy arse ovaries have started to work!!! 

So like Aliand I’m for Zoladex and the other drug Exmestane but she did say she was going to think on it for another week and I have an apt next week with my final treatment decision.

so my point being a simple BT can see where your Ovarian function is!

Do we need each other’s mobiles for WhatsApp? Xx

Paloma

Moomoo I am 50 and was pre menapausal before chemo. My oncologist gave me the choice of injections to stop ovaries working or tamoxifen. I chose tamoxifen and have been given the tablets and I start radiotherapy tomorrow. I was told to start the tamoxifen early June and I am going to start on Thursday as it will be 4 weeks after the last chemo and I wanted to give it a chance to get out of my system a bit.
Has everyone seen the news about more women being able to miss chemo?
Aliand

Moo moo not at all I’m 45 and my periods were normal before I started the chemo. My onc did say she wouldn’t start tamoxifen pre surgery I wonder if they don’t use it during rads ? You could ask that on the roads thread I suppose.
She did say that she wanted to shut my ovaries down and if medication didn’t do that she would suggest removing them. She’s also suggested considering some other drug instead of tamoxifen after surgery but I can’t remember the name. She said that there’s risks assissiated with it of heart disease and I can’t remember what else but not everyone tolerated it. I need to look that one up as the zoladex was virtually thrown at me !

Dealdoh 👍🏻
moomoo123

Hi aliand
Do you mind me asking how old you are ? I'm thinking of asking about zoladex as I was still having heavy periods pre chemo and want to do all I can to prevent this cancer from coming back. They seem to do it different here I've not got any tamoxifen yet on 2nd out of 3 week radiotherapy.
So good to hear everyone positive news ....the nice weather helps pick us up after all that horrid Che. So good to finally start feeling better ! X
Dealdoh

I’m still here 🤪

Aliand

Hey guys don't abandon ship just yet, join the rads threads etc.. but keep popping in here, we've got each other this far, we need to see the whole thing through together.

What's app groups are easy to set up.

My onc started me on zoladex on Friday, no side effects yet, I wonder if any will kick in ?

Poldark - pass me another G&T please x
Dealdoh

Good luck with the rads on Tuesday Paloma, hope all goes well.  

Dealdoh

That made perfect sense Shi, many thanks.  

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dealdoh, our Oct thread still is where we all posted while we went on rads threads or different threads our chemo thread is our main home thread if that makes sense. Sorry if my 🤪🤪🤪that’s crazy posts had you 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Dancing and the 💕💕💕is love and sparkles because I’m all about 💕💕💕love and sparkles. Midea, my antisickness meds were akynzeo and metoclopramide and I had no nausea, kept my appetite and taste buds through chemo, they tell you to let them know if the antisickness meds are not working. Also some of the Oct thread had the antisickness travel bands that worked for them. Hope that helps 💕💕Shi xx
Paloma

Hi Dealdoh, I am starting 4 weeks of rads on Tuesday. Got my tamoxifen ready but haven't taken any yet. I have also been given vitamin D tablets as my oncologist always tests patients and found I was low xx
midea

Hello Tracy, im thinking to buy Emeterm bracelet, but its abit pricy, did it help your nausea? Thanx a lot!

Dealdoh

Fantastic news for you Rosie, I’m well happy for you.  Good call on going back to a job you love as well.   Absolutely agree with everything that has been said to you Shi, your posts have kept my chemo brain working trying to translate them but also loving the bevy of man beauty that you brought to our life raft/pleasure palace. (BTW did you see Pldark on Graham Norton last night?)

Im on both FB and WhatsApp but unfortunately wouldn’t be able to make last week in September as I will hopefully be in Canada but it will probably be difficult to get a date when everyone can make it.

Good luck Amy for your PET scan and to you Michelle for the remainder of your chemo, homeward straight now.  Paloma, I’m sorry but where are you at now?

Fel, will probably see in June rads thread.  

Im not really sure how this works now.  Can we still continue posting in here?

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Still out of new bars, Aliand I know it’s put you off the store that very I’ll judged marketing that they did, the lady in the shop explained what they were trying to highlight and how wrong it’s come across. Either way I do agree with you it was a terrible misjudgement by lush to say the least. Amy chance that scan up don’t let it slip into the either. Mr Hollywood girls also take lip balm and hand cream with you, for some reason your lips and hands get dry, don’t know why but they do. Really pleased you are planning your meet up, it’ll come round quick once you’ve set the date. Don’t bother with the ritz in london when our Oct thread tried to book a table for 12, they said we only do tables for 8, so when we said can we do 2 tables of 6, they were not interested even though they knew it was a celebration for getting through breast cancer, so clearly ladies our money isn’t good enough for the ritz, so take your business elsewhere, we have 💕💕💕Shi xx
Jamesy46

I’m in fb Karen joy Milligan
amyjb

I'm on FB and WhatsApp, can you do a WhatsApp group without everyone being in your contacts?

No problem Jamesy and Paloma.  I'll go on Monday so if anyone else wants one let me know by then!

RosieH

Ive got WhatsApp...no idea how to make a group? 

Michelle21

Thanks for the post chemo/surgery info and for cheering me on. I am hoping the next 9 1/2 weeks fly, enjoy your meet up x
Jamesy46

I’m on what’s app x
Aliand

If everyone doesn’t do Facebook we could do a whats app messenger group
Paloma

Amy, fingers crossed for your PET scan Heart. I don't know how to PM you I'm afraid but please could you get me one of the New shampoos and let me know how you would like me to send you the paymet..

Enjoy your bubbly! I had a nice glass or two of red last night and hadn't had any since January, but it went down well! xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Rosie h, Glad you are going back to something you love, you sound happy in your post and that’s what it’s all about now being happy 😁😁😁😁. I don’t do Facebook, so please all of you pop on the thread and let me know you are all doing ok from time to time please so I know you are all safe and getting on ok. Thank you 💕💕Shi xx
RosieH

Aliand, loved that message to Shi was brilliant. 

Im with you Shocked on the life changing journey stuff...I’ve decided to leave my steady job in a GP surgery and return to my beloved Ambulance Service (only part time) I left because I needed a break and wanted a more normal life...now I think I’m only 46 and I don’t need sedate calm and ordered...I need to do what I love with a group of people I love ( for 30 hours a week!!!!) rest of my time will be spent enjoying my life.

I think we need a list of postcodes so we can plot the best location...if Aliand you think you would be ok we can go for that last Saturday. Does everyone have Facebook? We could start a closed forum and go from there? 

Michelle...once you’re past half way it goes more quickly...I think the standard is no more than 6 weeks from last chemo date to surgery...keep going lovely and keep us posted xxx

Jamesy46

Amy could you get me some please I can trans you the money and p and p , I haven’t seen any campaigns , will take a look xx
Shi I echo what everyone else has said
You are a
amyjb

Woohoo go us!  I think I'll have a glass of bubbles this evening to celebrate, just one of those very small bottles as I'm not sure I'll even be able to manage that!  I haven't had a drink for, hmm let me calculate...10 weeks!!  I've always been a heavy drinker (which may have contributed to my current situation, it's a bit annoying not knowing what's caused it), up until the year leading up to diagnosis when I guess deep down I knew something wasn't right so I cut right down.  I wouldn't want to cut it out completely tho as I love a glass of wine 🥂

My moving forward plan is dependent on the PET scan I'll be having soon (still waiting for them to ring with a date) as to whether there is still residual disease in my lymph nodes or not, fingers x'd for not!

Shi you have been great giving us support and guidance, thank you 💪💃🎉

They've got the red 'New' shampoo at the Lush in Eastbourne!!  PM me if you want me to get you one 👍

Aliand, I haven't seen the ad but just googled it.  I see what they are saying but it's a bit unfair implying that it's all police - not the best thought out advertising campaign 🤔

So with regards to our meet up, we should maybe sort the details out via pm.  I'm happy to get one going but might not be able to do much of the organising as I'm planning on returning to work next week, yay almost back to normal just need some hair 👧

Shocked

Rosie brilliant news - so we've all finished chemo - I think we've all been amazing getting through it all - I know I'd have struggled more without you all xxx

Last weekend in Sept is good for me to meet up but Aliand you need to be there so think we should wait for you

Michelle - you are so strong and you'll be at the finish line very soon xx

Aliand love the message to Shi (our very own guardian angel) it says it all

Still no side effects from the Tamoxifen 🙂 - feeling more like my old self and a lot stronger. have 2 holidays booked August and Oct and will be booking Christmas tomorrow as we were supposed to go with my parents and brother to Florida last Christmas so we are going to go this Christmas instead and after all this I'll make sure I treasure every moment. The one thing cancer brings that is positive is it makes you look at life so differently and appreciate whats important.