cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

July 2017

Community Champion

Re: July 2017

Mishy

Sending you loads of positive vibes, a pair of our big pants so that we can all be there with you, and a huge sprinkling of fiary dust

Plus loads of Helena  huggles xxxx

tough pants.jpg

Ladies I really need some positive vibes right now have been feeling tender around ribs and a little breathless on exercise so went to docs for check up the sent me for an x-ray on Monday got results today they have picked up a thickened area in 5th medionastial rib or what ever it's called and have requested an urgent ct as it wasn't there in Feb when I had a chest x-ray didn't show on previous bone scan I rang onc who is seeing me tomorrow feeling shocked and fragile right now my logical side of my brain is telling me it's from rads my other side is thinking mets 😨 wtf this bc is relentless 2nd day into 2019 cheers!!!!!!!!! 😳

All the best to you all this 2019 May it be filled with love and laughter, and be kind to all of us thinking of you all today my booby mates πŸ’–πŸ‘­πŸ˜š

Gave a great time FTF xx

It’s sounds as though we’ve all enjoyed a lovely Xmas. Great to see you on the forum tatyana.
I’ve just popped in to wish you all a very happy new year and to wish us all better health and good news in 2019.
I’m going away until Wednesday. Looking forward to someone else doing to cooking and cleaning. There are about 20 of us going so should be fun.
πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

Lovely to hear from you Tatyana and glad you’re feeling more positive.
I’m still waiting on CT results but cough is much better so I’m hopeful it’s nothing to worry about. I’m struggling to lose weight with the Christmas food and drink still around XX

Lovely to hear from you Tatanya you sound like you have had a lovely time this Christmas with some lovely gifts too I echo Shi about smiling 😊
Social media can consume sometimes so don't worry about not posting xx
I will linger but may not post at times just like to know my booby mates are well take care everyone
😚😚😚
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi tatyana, you have just made my Christmas and new year by posting darling lady, I was getting worried so I just want you to know I’m now sat with big 😁on my face. You’ve had some glorious gifts that are so thoughtful tatyana ❀️❀️❀️We had yummy M&S Christmas, I was a lazy bum. Obviously a ✨✨✨✨Christmas, I wore glitter spray in my bingo hair every day ✨✨✨✨ am pleased the meds are settling and you are feeling more positive. There is a bit in today’s express page 4 professor Adrian hay day, might be worth a bit of investigating 😘😘😘love you πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hi my lovelies, hope everyone had the best Christmas they could! Ours was quiet but good, missed seeing the grandkids because of bugs (theirs, not mine!!) but thank heavens for Skype! Had some lovely thoughtful gifts, including books and music, and from the Barnstaple bit of the family a gorgeous framed photo of Exmoor ponies! It's a standing joke in the family that whenever I go down there we have to go on a pony hunt!

I've been taking a bit of a social media break but I do still check in sometimes and love to see you guys getting on with your lives. The Sue Ryder nurses have been doing miracles sorting out my meds and I'm feeling more positive now.

Carole, so glad you've got the diep appointment. It's a great incentive to get fit! Everyone's Christmases sound yummy, except Shi's, which mainly sounds sparkly! Loads of love and happy New year to you all.βœ¨πŸŽ†β‡οΈπŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

MMM sounds delicious mine had been a bit of a disaster tastes lovely just looks a bit πŸ˜‚ stuffing though should be the business going to wrap a few last bits
Love you all booby mates have a fantastic time πŸ’–πŸ‘πŸŽ„

GRAVY update Michelle. It’s lovely. I used port, left out the star anise and added a beef stock cube for extra colour. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Morning ladies.

Carole, great you have your diep appointment through. I have everything crossed for good scan results. 🀞🀞🀞🀞
Michelle, I plan on making Jamie’s gravy today. Not much get ahead there. I’ll be putting it in the freezer then back out tomorrow. πŸ˜‚ Have you got the whole family over? I’ve got mine xmas day then even more Boxing Day. I’ve ordered a buffet from a local restaurant for that one. πŸ‘
Shi, thanks for your upbeat, sparkling, lovely posts over the year. You keep me smiling. 😘
Kimi, I hope you have a wonderful anxiety free xmas.
Tatyana, sending lots of love your way.

Missa, as ever you are in my thoughts. I hope you are okay.
Here’s hoping we can all enjoy a peaceful, happy and stress free Christmas and New Year.

Love you booby buddies, thanks for your support this year. Xxx πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚ xxx

Hi

I had the CT today once they could get cannula into a cooperative vein (artery??). Flipping hurt when the dye went in this time.
I don’t know if I told you ladies that I have my Diep date through for early February so have to keep up the dieting and getting fit over Christmas. It’s dependent on the lung thing being sorted obviously xx
Hugs to you Tatyana. Hope all is well.

Have a good Christmas everyone else xxπŸ₯‚πŸ·πŸ°πŸ—πŸŒ²πŸŒ²πŸŒ²πŸŽ…πŸŽ‰β›„οΈβ„οΈβœ¨πŸŒ²πŸŒ²πŸŒ²

Hi everyone Tatanya i hope everything is ok lovely lady you have gone a little quiet but sending you a massive hug and πŸ‘­ yiu are in ny thoughts and i hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas
Carole i hope everything went well at your appointment today i hope it doesn't play on your mind too much over the holidays i know what worrying about test results can be like, im sending you plenty of positive vibes though
Angela i hope you are getting ready for a fab family Christmas did you have a go at Jsmies get ahead gravy its delicious bit of a faf but lush πŸ‘ i still haven't started wrapping i hate wrapping it is my pet peave!!!! But looking forward to Christmas been to a party type thing today with some freinds afternoon tea with singers and raffle and stuff it was at a community centre loads of old fogeys but great fun a lady i know from a few years back put it on and gave us an invite she had bowel cancer 12 years ago and basically decided to open up her own community cafe after treatment as she felt if she never did it she never would was lovely seeing her
Kimi if you are reading i really wish you a lovely Christmas too i hope your anxiety has settled a little i really do get you on that one as i have been plagued with it off and on since diagnosis it can come from nowhere but can also take you to a very darke place i find cooking or walking helps me tremendously or gardening but not in this weather 😨
Miss its been a while since you posted and i am sending you the biggest virtual hug too and i hope you and that lovely OH of yours have a lovely time at Christmas you are never too far from my thoughts
Shi Darling how are you i bet you and your Hubby are looking forward to Christmas this year too everytime i go online to shop i thing of you haha
Well July ladies im going to go im totally shattered from all the yapping today i definitely can't party like i used to!!!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Tatyana 😘😘beautiful lady if you are reading just want to send you ❀️❀️❀️And a couple of oct17 πŸ‘…πŸ§licky penguins 😘😘 πŸ‘­πŸ‘­love to all amazing beautiful kind ladies πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Blooming heck mishy, keeping everyone in my πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ftf, my thought have been with tatyana too a lot the last few days and same as you hope she is reading and knows we are sending her β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈπŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘­βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨yes agree about the castlerigg thing too and the wishing well πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ completely off at a tangent now that plat that days got on strictly just now makes her look like tong po from kickboxer πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

😳😳 Michelle that’s terrible. Bloody hell. Great they managed to reattach them 😳

Carole, your oncologist has doubt or he wouldn’t be requesting another ct. my mets were tiny but they knew straight away what they were sinister they called them. 😳 like something out of a horror film.
I’m hoping he’s just being extra cautious given your history. Lungs show up all sorts of stuff.

Shi I’m sure the wishing well and castlerigg did their magic. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ it’s so wonderful to have hope again.

I’m starting to worry about tatyana. We all need a break from social media sometimes, so I hope that’s what she’s doing.

Enjoy the weekend ladies. It’s forecast for snow here so I’m planning a cpl of cosy days πŸ˜€ xxx

Had a very stressful day today ny SIL had a terrible accident at work cut off 2 of his fingers on a band saw at work rushed to hospital they were literally only attached by the skin luckily after 5 hours in surgery the wonderful surgeons at RVI managed to save the and basically reattach them im keeping everything crossed that is enough and the surgery has worked he will go back next week for a ct and xray in full plaster and in alot of pain bless him what a day lhew so it was lovely to log on and see the good news
Carole im sorry you have to wait for the results over Christmas and if you can distract yourself as much as possible with the help of your family once you have them you will at least know what is what but im really hoping you are having a scare xxx

Carole im keeping in sending those positive vibes to you too positive vibes from us Booby mates definitely work in whatever weird mysterious way when you send them my way i feel it so i will keep sending them
Im so happy tonight after reading your post Angela really happy πŸ‘­πŸ’–

Aa aah ive just logged on and read your post πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ bloody amazing Angela things are definitely looking up for you so pleased my friend πŸ‘­πŸ’–

Angela that’s great news and just in time for Christmas.  Very happy for you. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

ive has more xrays for my lung shadow but oncologist says they don’t tell him enough so I have a CT on 21st so he can compare with previous ones.  Will be a long worry over Christmas awaiting results but I’m just going to hope it is caused by my bad cough or maybe rads damage and try to forget about it as far as possible. 

Better news is is that I saw my plastic surgeon yesterday and he has confirmed that he can do my DIEP recon next year and as I have managed to lose 7lbs he can also fix my tummy muscle split.  Just need to get past the lung problem and get myself as fit as possible. 

Again congratulations Angela xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ftf, that’s blooming wonderful news πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘told you that wishing well near theatre by lake is magic ❀️❀️Have to have a πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»For you darling I’m so 😁😁😁😁for you bit of take that could it be magic on the jukebox πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

I’ve only gone and got some bloody good news ladies. My blood tests seem to show that cape is working. Liver function test much improved. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Also, they have found two faulty genes. They think they are going to be able to tailor a clinical trial for me. Hubby is crying tears of happiness for a change.
I just said to him before appointment this morning
β€˜In the words of Radiohead β€˜I feel my luck could change’. Xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ftf πŸ‘­πŸ‘­β€οΈβ€οΈDarling mishy have great time at Christmas jumper day, I’m pleased to see better prices on them this year all round, they were silly prices last year, I think the retailers should dontate at least half of every jumper sold to save the children fund, that would boost things even more.πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Ah these tyoos have never improved have they πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Singing reindeer sound lovely Shi i hope you are enjoying everything Christmas i know you love it!!! Ellas nursery Christmas fair tomorrow and Christmas jumper day i got her a lovely one, im pleased to see 5he lush shampoo is working its magic for everyone how lovely tho think my little find could help so many of ojr lovely ladies get Lush thick hsir back Angela i still use it my hair is growing like mad now im having it cut again after the holidays as the girl was busy
I will be thinking of you tomorrow got your back as always sending the positive vibes and hand holding πŸ‘­
Tatanya sending you my love too hope you are keeping well and treatment is still not giving you any blood problems πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ just incase
Carole πŸ‘­ for you too lovely
Kimi hope you are enjoying the Christmas build up not long now ladies
Missa you are in my thoughts too if you are reading sending you πŸ’–πŸ‘­πŸ’ͺ
Well ladies for now xxx

Yes Shi, we saw the singing reindeers, they’re absolutely fabulous. 😍
I’m still using the lush shampoo. It’s the only shampoo my mam will use now too. It’s bloody marvellous.
I hope we all have a good weekend. I’m off for bloods this morning, then oncologist appointment tomorrow. Hoping he has the results of my tumour profiling and that they open more doors for drug options.
Dreamt last night that docs had it wrong and it was pepper on my liver not mets. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ dear me. !
Xxxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Carole 😘😘 This is our warm cozy hot blanket place where we all can wrap ourselves up with each other and our loving friendships 😘😘where we come to when we have 😳😳 times, 😁😁😁times πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺtimes πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Times and any other time ❀️❀️. Ftf, so happy you had lovely time in Keswick and garden centre, was the big unicorn still there? And did you see the singing reindeer outside near the santaland bit? I hope you did they were lovely πŸ’•πŸ’•tatyana darling sending big big ❀️❀️To you and mishy your red dot lush shampoo is going down a storm with threads πŸ‘πŸ‘everyone is getting good thick hair back πŸ‘πŸ‘hope Ella’s getting excited for Christmas πŸ’•πŸ’•love to everyone Shi xx

Carole you are not whinging you are just sharing your feelings so don't apologise this is what this site is for x Angela pleased you enjoyed Keswick its beautiful there and i admire your spirit as I don't think i could do it im Scared of heights too!!!!!!xxx

I’m hoping it’s good news for you Carole. It’s absolutely crap that you’re having to deal with this again.
It’s that awful feeling of dread. I know it so well. It makes it difficult to think positively. Rads cause all sorts of problems and if you’ve had a cough for weeks that could be the cause of the shadow. It doesn’t mean it has to be cancer. I had bits and bobs on my lungs which the docs thought may be cancer. They weren’t.
Never feel bad about talking about your fears. We’re all here to support each other. Xxx

Thank you Angela, Michelle and Shi. Angela I’m glad you enjoyed Keswick, one of my favourite places and beautiful walking.

This latest news has floored me. Angela you’re right I have had two liver scares which they said was chemo damage and a lung nodule that disappeared. This one just seems so scarey though.
I know I’m whinging to the wrong people here as you are all doing well dealing with your own traumas, but I really hoped I’d have at least a few years respite before this came back to haunt me. I don’t feel up to dealing with it now.
I just have to hope and pray that it’s just rads damage. πŸ˜₯xx

Afternoon ladies.
Carole, hold tight. You’ve been in a similar situation before with your liver and it turned out to be nothing sinister. I’m hoping with everything that’s the case this time. 🀞🀞🀞🀞

Michelle. Thanks for sharing the love. It’s the most important thing in the world isn’t it. Xxxx

Shi I took your tips in Keswick. I also went to castlerigg stone circle and pressed my liver against the rock that looks like the boss. πŸ˜€
the garden centre. OMG. How amazing. I could of spent a fortune. Hubby wanted a giant polar bear. πŸ˜€ I’ve decided I’m going back to Keswick in January to do a spot of fell walking. Terrified of heights so catbells it is.
I hope everyone else is doing okay. We haven’t heard from tatyana for a while. Sending you my love if you read this. Also Kimi and missa. Xxx

*Carole *

Carile the positive vibes hand holding and virtual hugs ciming your way πŸ’–πŸ‘­πŸ’– im keeping everything crossed for you stay πŸ’ͺ
We are here for you lovely lady xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Carole πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™and ❀️❀️❀️❀️❀️And ✨✨✨✨✨for you and πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘­and a πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»The πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Bloods dance from may17 works wonders on everything which is why I’ve sent to you tooo πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hi girls
Please send me some good vibes or prayers. I’ve had a call from GP to say there’s a shadow on my lung on cancer side and something on my rib on X-ray I had on Friday . I have had a cough for 6 weeks. Got to go back tomorrow for another X-ray.
Hope you’re all doing ok. Sorry I’ve not replied to your individual comments. I struggle with keeping up on this forum but do think of you all xx

Wiuld have been better without the typos πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Sending my lovely Booby mates a πŸ‘­πŸ’– and huge hug today as Christmas is drawing close putting up tge tree did it for me a lump in my throat no tears though!!! im feeling all kinds of strange emotions i never knew were inside me they must have been buried deep inside but the strongest which feels like its bursting to get out is a feeling of overwhelming love for my kids and family
I wonder is this what happens to everyone who has had a bc diagnosis??
You ladies of course are never far from my thoughts too my fabulous strong courageous booby mates just wanted to ahare my feelings with you all πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸ
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚only kidding, just wanted to make everyone 😁😁😁 although sue from my thread found some interesting baubles for her work tree πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ why not πŸ˜¨πŸŒŸπŸ‘
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺmishy 😁😁😁😁shall I glitter my Mary too πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Highlighted

Enjoy Keswick bloody lovely it will be lovely and festive atm πŸ‘
Shi love your positivity it is fab only you could have glitter in your Doris!!! With a twinkling top πŸŒƒπŸŒƒπŸŒƒπŸŒƒπŸŒƒπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸ
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ftf, I’ve pmd you πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Bingo hair and twinkly top sound absolutely fabulous Shi. πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ I’ve been wearing a few twinkly tops myself. πŸ˜€ you’re right, a bit of tinsel should hide the trays. πŸ˜‚
Well I’m off to Keswick for a few days. Fancy getting away from it all and enjoying a few walks and good food that someone else cooks. Hoping to find some lovely xmas presents too.
I hope everyone is well. Xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ftf 😘😘glad your meds are better ❀️❀️ Go with the tray idea πŸ‘πŸ‘you can just cook and throw then, if you put loads of tinsel on the table you can nestle the trays in there no one will see the trays πŸ‘ mishy darling 😘😘glad you’ve got a plan and someone who sounds like they know what’s what, always a comfort when you feel safe in their hands 😘😘had my glitter in my β€˜bingo’ hair today at work ✨✨✨✨✨and twinkly top ✨✨✨✨as noddy said it’s chhhhrrrriiissstttmmmmaaasssss πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hmmm Jamie’s gravy. I’ll look into that.

I had a massive moan at everyone on Sunday while clearing the dinner dishes away. I told them all I wasn’t going to make xmas dinner. For a while I had them believing we were going for a curry instead. πŸ˜‚

I LOVE to cook but absolutely hate the clearing up. It’s horrible, especially when you’re stuffed. They all sit chatting round the table while I run around like a loon. My mam offers to help, but to be honest she just gets in the way and does it all wrong. πŸ˜‚ there’s no pleasing me sometimes. Hubby says I like being a martyr. πŸ€”πŸ˜‚

I’ve decided I’m going to prep everything xmas eve and use foil trays etc that I can just throw away. Then there’s just plates cutlery and glasses for the dishwasher.

I’m doing great on the meds. Much better than the last regime. I feel slightly light headed but that’s it.
Yes, we should meet up when the weather picks up. That’ll be lovely. X

Hi Angela yes we sre frosty too i need to get ine ASAP i have the decs up just not the tree Ella won't leave her tree alone!!! But is is a lovely cosy feeling when the tree goes up winter soups and stews in order
Im going to make some Jamies Christmas gravy at the weekend to freeze so its mot last minute
How are you feeling Angela hows the treatment have you many Se i hope not, enjoy your tree my friend we must have that catch up after the xmas when the weather improves and ehen you are up to it xx

Morning Michelle.
Good you now know what the plan is. Hopefully by this time next year you’ll be pain free.
There’s frost on the garden this morning so it’s defi time you had your tree up. Ella will love it.
I only paid £30 for ours for our local garden centre. 😍 I love it. Makes the house all cosy as well. X

Evening everyone im now on waiting list fir surgery probably a couple of months 😠 as he wants to make sure i have not had radiotherapy for over a year apparently it can hinder healing also need to take some bone meds as im osteopenia pleased i had the dexa scan oh the joys, anyway i now know what im having done a 3 level decompression from the back of neck basically hes going to be widening the space in spine canal by removing boney spurs etc so no more supervet for me 😨 he does it on the dogs 😨
Feeling festive some of decs up no tree yet xx

Fab im sure you will get good results too πŸ‘ and as you say thete really is no harm approaching another onc for 2nd op they might be able to help with a trial too i have no doubt in my mind that you will get one as you are very clued up and are strong willed!!! Cuddles with your Grandaughter im sure she loves too but yes babies can be quite hard to look after as the needs lots of attention im sure she enjoys the cuddles you give though she will feel the love πŸ’–
Ive got to sort my tree out been getting decs in and some new lights just need a tree that would help haha!!!!