62234members
327611posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2017

Re: July 2017

Our thoughts are with you and we will be here to support you when you’re ready. Hope that your infection clears quickly and that you get a plan as soon as possible xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy 😘😘😘❤️❤️❤️👭👭👭we’re here always 😘😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Mishy, lovely to hear from you xx It must be such a shock for you and your family and quite understandable that you need some time away from here to get your head around it all and to be with your family. Just want you to know that even although you won't be on the forum for a while we will all be thinking of you and sending our love xx

Ladies thank you all so much for your support I will definitely be asking those questions regarding tumor profile etc I can't have any treatment yet as I have a chest infection and virus waiting for it to clear on 28th Feb I will have my treatment plan ready to get started I will be asking more questions as I wasn't prepared for this it happened so fast such a shock as I know when I went to the gp I wasn't showing any signs of anything after vitals were checked oxygen levels chest sound I pushed for bloods and chest xray the area of concern which led to the ct was my rib which was just scarring from the rads nobody my onc inc was expecting this everywhere else scanned was clear thank Goodness but I am reeling right now a few weeks back I was just someone who was getting over bc now I'm someone who will live the rest of my life with sbc it's a scary place my kids are in shock devastated I'm trying so hard to reasurre them but I haven't got all the answers
You lovely ladies are the best thanks so much for your support xx I'm going to be having some time out so I can get my head around this 💖👭

Dear Mishy,

I am thinking if you need a second opinion from another radiologist or other professionals.

The thought came from the various interpretion/comment from 3 different radiologistt for my lung shadow appeared on  3 CT scans which were followed by a chest x-ray, for which  no shadow was found in my lung.

The 1st scan was referred by my family doctor who was also a very senior doctor in the emergency room. He let me to look at the original copy of CT scan result with radiologist comment. It was commented the leison on sternum consistent with metastasis. The 2.5 cm neoplastic nature tissue in my lung suspicious of  cancer. No plural fluid was found. But, my family doctor said the sternum leison should be cancer but he didn't know what was that in the lung.

The 2nd scan which was referred by my previous oncologist and done before bone biopsy. She is green in the field.She did not let me to look at the CT scan result (probably don't want to touch a patient (me) nerve. She said cancer  from sternum spreaded to lung. I challenged her how she knew w/o any biopsy and she said they follow pathologist and radiologist comment She could only  give my treatment plan after bone biopsy came out then she could only know what type of BC this time (triple positive, same to  my first diagnosis or changed)

The 3rd scan which was referred by my current oncologist and done after 4th session chemo. He has 10+ years experience and is also a professor. He sad the image on my lung is a scar from tuberculosis. He asked if I had this disease when I was young.

Different person has different interpretation. To me, if any doubt ,get a second opinion does not loose anything on the baseline treatment should not be postponed. We are racing with a bomb.

PS.

i was not offered a lung biopsy though requested.

I am touching on  the wood, no obvious lung symptom except several times breathlessness  at the beginning when feeling sick before any testing/scan.

Community Champion

Mishy

I have only just seen your post, oh my darling I am so sorry and just wanted to send you all my love, hugs and positive vibes. 

Helena xxxxx

Sending you all love and strength Mishy xxx 🤗 xxx

Dear Mishy I am so sorry to hear about your results I am sending all my positive thoughts and energy in your direction and hope that you get the very best treatment 💕💕 so glad they caught it early.
I think someone else mentioned it but do try to push to get the genetics profile of your mets if you can. XXX Ruth

MIshy....so sorry to hear your news....sending you lots of love & positive vibes...early diagnosis has gotta be a good thing 😘😘

Mishy I am at a loss for words and can just remember you popping into our October thread with love and positivity and words of wisdom and my stupid phone keep calling you mushy
My darling please know you have the biggest group of supporters possible on you side sending love and hugs xxxxx

Hi Mishy,

I'm so sorry to hear your news  and sending you love and hugs xx I'm thinking of you xx

Hi Mishy,

So sorry to hear your news but at least they've caught it early and you've now had extensive scans. I don't know why they don't do that prior to treatment, I guess it's a cost thing 🙄

sending ❤️ and hugs, stay 💪💪lovely lady, we're all thinking of you and you can vent to us whenever you need to 😘

So sorry to hear your news Mishy I really don't know what to say other than we are all here for you. Stay strong lovely lady 💪💪❤❤

Hi Mishy.
Sorry to hear your news :-(
Don't forget we are all here for you lovely.
Cassie xx

Mishy all I can say is everyone is here for you. Love and strength to you ❤️

Mishy, hugs darling. Don't know what to say .xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy 😘😘😘sorry to hear your news but thank God they’ve found at this early stage 💪💪💪it’s your dad for sure 😘😘😘👭👭👭love you and always here 👭👭👭💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

So sorry to hear this Michelle.  I can only imagine how you must be feeling as I was being tested for exactly the same thing over Christmas.  Are they sure at this stage, with them being so small, that they are actually mets?  I had a lung nodule at the start on CT, but it disappeared with chemo, so I don’t  know if it was a met or just a nodule.  My sister, who has had two BCs and colon, gone to st 4 liver, has about 5 lung nodules but they haven’t changed in 4 years, so they think they are not mets. She has just had her check ups today and is clear on cancer except for 1 8mm tumour in her liver.  She was on palliative chemo 3 1/2 years ago but has had 3 liver ops since then and is feeling great now. 

If it is mets at least they’ve found it really early xx

Ahhh Michelle. I’m so sorry to hear this. 😢 I wish you didn’t have to join us. Totally devastated for you. 😘😘😘😘
I’m here for you. There are many treatments for you maybe even surgery with so few. Get yourself on the prospect north east trial. Don’t take no for an answer. Your tumour needs profiling to give you more options.
DM me anytime. We’ll meet up for that coffee soon. Hold tight. 🙏😘😘😘😘😘

Hi ladies Angela I'm pleased to hear that you are happy with your onc and you have a good team behind you
I'm finding this really difficult so I'm just going to say it had a call Tues evening to go to see my onc yesterday morning my ct scan through a curve ball basically picked up lung mets which were not what was showing on the xrays that turned out to be scarring from rads he explained there are about 5 altogether 2 in one side 3 in the other so small he said its shocking they found them I gave a chest infection which started on Monday so I have to get rid of it before they can start any treatment (not a symptom of the nodules) apparently they wouldn't have started to cause symptomatic problems for about 10 months which would have been a much worse scenario
Just going to say this I have always been a believer in going with your gut I went with mine I had no infection or symptoms related to this at all but felt a feeling in my gut think it might have been my dad pushing me to go 😳😳 Angela I'm not changing my status on twitter about it as my kids are on there we are not ready for that yet so if I tweet silliness as I do you know why
just trying to process this news told my little family yesterday ladies for now 👭👭👭👭💖 💖

Hi Michelle.
I’ve never had any treatment at Sunderland. I opted for Gateshead as that’s where my bc nurse is. I only have clinical trial and genetic appointments at the freeman. I’m waiting for the results of more genetic tests so I’m hoping it’s not too long before I get an appointment for that. 🤞
I know what you mean about scans.

I’ve still got the same onco. He’s very good and I like and trust him. It won’t stop me getting a second opinion at some point if I think I need one though.
I’m sure your scan results will be good. It’s absolutely impossible not to let it worry you though. Brain goes into overdrive doesn’t it. Xxx

Hi Angela keeping everything crossed for you for the 1st are a your treatments now at Freeman or still Sunderland did you change your onc??? Scanxiety is a real actual thing who would have thought that the scan was very quick it took longer to out in the cannula!!! They did thorax and abdomen with liver the full lot which brings me back to the burning question I have always had from diagnosis with other cancers you have full body scans before and after treatment and after lots of reading here and in other places that most mets, SBC seems to be not actually a recurring disease rather than residual cells from primary surely if the scans were done at the time treatment could be targeted more specifically obviously I'm no expert and they obviously do this for a reason but it's still always something I questioned especially as now I'm getting the scans anyway!!!!
I hope everything goes well with this one 👭 for the 1st Angela got your hand virtually 👭
Tatanya if you are reading I hope your treatments are continuing to treat you kindly Carole hope you are good following your period of worrying Kimi I hope you get a good discount or even better free dental tre it's so expensive isn't it!!!!
Missa I don't know if you still come here even to read but if you do you are in my thoughts too lovely July ladies 💖👭

Morning ladies.

Good to hear from you Kimi. Sorry to hear about the chair incident. 😳😳
Michelle, hope your ct went well. Fancy that a Sunday appointment. I thought I was unlucky getting a Monday night. My results are due on the 1st. 😳😳😳 cra**ing myself.

Hope everyone is doing well. Xxx

Hello lovely ladies have you all had snow yet we have it looks lovely but it's starting to freeze so I can't get out and about incase I fall 😨 before I get surgery still on the list but my symptoms seem to be stable just a waiting game took advantage this morning before it freezes over and had a lovely walk got my ct on Sunday morning then onc 4th with the results of that fingers crossed I'm going to take my onc a hairband for a joke!!! I'm going to pop in before hand to Maggies as they are having a mindfulness drop in might come in handy!!!!!!!!
Anyway enough about me! Kimi lovely to hear from you and sending you all big hugs and positive vibes
👭👭👭
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi kimi 😘😘fantastic news about your clear X-ray 👍👍hope you are in the mend after your tumble is so easy to loose balance from a chair, hope work have now got you a set of small steps? Is it me or is January flying? I’ve never known a January whizzz by like this one. Sending big ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️And lots of ✨✨✨✨✨to you all 👭👭👭👭😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Highlighted

Hi Lovely Ladies and Happy New Year.

Sounds as though we all had a good Christmas, can’t believe the amount of work it all took and now it’s all done, decs are back in their boxes and back in the loft, does make the house look tidy eh?

So pleased with the good news stories, long may it continue, Angela, you are amazing, so pleased your new meds’ are working and with more in the arsenal, go get ‘em girl. & Mishy & Carole, thank goodness results are good, although all this worry does nothing for our wellbeing. Hope you’re recuperating well Helena, and Shi, I’m with you next Christmas, going with the easy version, too much work for it to be demolished in minutes! My x-ray came back clear, still have the discomfort under my ribs, but reading about your experiences think I’ll have to put it down to rad damage, just wish there was more aftercare in my area.

We had a couple of days in the New Forest just before New Year, lovely seeing the ponies and donkeys roaming free, Mark, my OH now wants to live there! 

Back at work now, managed to fall backwards off a chair shutting the waiting room window yesterday, hurt my bum (it’s got plenty of padding!) and banged my head and worst of all my jaw hurts, must have clenched my teeth, suppose I work in the right place (dentists) if I need something done. I find I still get quite tired, thank goodness it’s only three days, but it does give me some normality, hope I don’t always have to rely on that, don’t want to work forever!

Anyway, onwards and upwards Lovely Ladies, look after yourselves, as usual thank you all for being here, good luck with appointments etc, holding hands very tightly still.

Love Kim xxxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ftf 😁😁😁😁😁blooming wonderful darling absolutely blooming wonderful 😁😁😁😁thanks for update ❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Lovely news Angela. Well done. xxx

Great news Angela absolutely fantastic news 👍👭

Quick update ladies as my phone is about to die. Bloods including liver are all back in normal range so even better sign that cape is working.
I have the ATM gene. They have a trial for this once cape stops working so all very good news.
Yes I have some appointments at the bobby robson Michelle. I’ll let you know when my next one is. Xxxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy just realised predictive text changed pm’d you to pms 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂you’d have given me a 🖕if I’d pms’d you 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy, I pms you yesterday 😘😘but know what you are like for looking in your box 🤣😂🤣💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Carole I think that's what my onc is coming up with I asked the Same as you about it wasn't there in Feb (last chest x-ray and bone scan) anyway it's the senior radiographer who has called the shots with the scan onc says to have it as it will be clearer but in his experience he's not convinced its anything else I trust him explicitly and I'm pleased I rang him, I will never get complacent as we know to be vigilant I'm lucky really as I have heard other ladies struggle to get taken seriously and were never told about what to look out for xx
I'm pleased though you got the results you were hoping for xxx

I am so pleased you enjoyed your trip sounds absolutely wonderful I never realised you were having treatment at freeman I'm keeping everything crossed about your trial x is it always there where you go I could meet you there if you are there soon and we could have a cuppa also Maggies is just over the road Angela you should pop in it's a lovely place if you have appointments and stuff you can use the centre before and after instead of sitting in the hospital it really relaxes you and everyone is amazing there there's lots of people on hand if you need the physiologists people that help with money issues etc most people go to get away from the clinical environment when in between apps bloods etc xxx
Enjoy your curry tonight got your back too for today 👭💖

Morning Michelle.
If your onco says he’s pretty certain it’s the rads, then I’m pretty certain it will be. They don’t put themselves on the line like that unless they’re sure. They just have to be very careful with us and leave absolutely no room for error.

We were away with family (including the grandkids) and also two of our friends and their 3 children. It was absolutely lovely. Plenty tears of laughter, which is just what we needed.
Off to the bobby robson in a minute to find out if there’s an update on my potential trial, then oncology appointment, then hopefully off to the chemo ward to pick up my cape. Going for a curry tonight, so at least we have something to look forward to. Xxx

Mishy my lung shadow has stressed me out all over Christmas and NY but GP and radiologist did say at the start they thought it was rads damage. I didn’t really believe that because I’ve had a horrendous cough for 2 months and this shadow didn’t show up on numerous previous CTs and X-rays. When I said to BCN how come it wasn’t there before, she said that the rads keeps acting for ages and scarring develops over time.
Certainly I’ve always been told that ribs can be affected by rads.

Thanks for the 👭💖 Everyone xx

Hi Angela yes I remember it's looking as if it's some kind of damage to the rib from radiotherapy and surgery my onc was pretty confident but the radiographer is unsure so he has called it with the scan I won't tell my kids till I know for certain
I hope you had a great time when you were away was it just family or friends too its lovely getting together just spending time with loved ones is the best thing ever x thank you for thinking about me Angela too you are so selfless xx 👭💖

Michelle. Just logged on and saw your post.
Remember, I had swelling around ribs a cpl of months ago. It’s gone now. Was nothing to do with my mets, it’s the bloody radio. I’m sure yours will turn out the same. Once bc gets it’s nails into us every single thing is an horrendous worry. We’ve got your back. Xxxxxx

Carole, so relieved for you. New boobies for 2019. 🥂🥂🥂🎉🎉🎉

Mishy, I'm so pleased to hear this, I've been thinking of you and wondering how you'd got on. When I got the results from my CT scan a couple of weeks ago there was some fluffiness as my onc put it, on my lungs. Again she wasn't worried as the radiotherapy had been directly in the middle of it and she said it was from that and it sounds as if it's the same for you xx

Community Champion

Mishy

that is so reassuring from your onc, they are the experts and he sounds so so sure that it is rads, however it is good that they are making sure with the CT scan, a friend of mine had something similar and it turned out that it was as a result of the rads as well.

Sending you hugs

Helena xxx

Hi girls quick update I saw onc who isn't massively concerned I still have to have the ct but he seems to think it's from radiotherapy but because a senior radiographer has requested the ct I should have it and he will see me once the results are in he did go as far as to say he would eat my hair band if he was wrong very reassuring thank you all for your support this forum is such a special place 👭💖👍

Mishy, just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy 👭👭👭👭 ✨✨✨✨✨✨for tomorrow and don’t forget we’ve got hold of your hot pants and ladybowlers bloomers are wrapped round your shoulders keeping you safe too 😘😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨Carole ❤️❤️❤️Super news for you 👍👍💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Mishy

By your side mate xxx

BTW carole I'm so happy for you what a horrible wait you must celebrate now though 👍👭

Shi carole thanks girls for your positivity I'm hoping it's just I waltzed into the docs excepting them to say it was clear so was floored when she gave me that you know when you are not expecting something, anyway after I had finished wailing I rang my lovely oncs secretary who said to come in tomorrow at 4 obviously I won't get the ct then but she's put it on a urgent request and was emailing my onc he's fab so I'm sure he will reassure at least he knows how I worry thanks again my friends xxxx

Hi ladies

Mishy I’m sending you positive vibes.
I have just heard from my BCN following today’s MDT. My lung shadow is radio therapy scarring NOT cancer nets. I’m so relieved and now I can have my Diep too. Just goes to show that these things often do turn out to be rads or chemo damage. I worried all through Christmas and new year. Last Christmas I worried on CT results until mid January because I had liver lesions which turned out to be chemo damage xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy 😘😘👭👭me and meesh were only saying the other day we think it’s the weather and the rads that’s given us a couple of twinges the last few weeks ❤️❤️And air quality is more rubbish this time of year too which can lead to breathlessness. Now gold oct17 hot pants on honey, we’ve got hold of you and our lass in the north with the big heart is on the dance floor with us and bit of Whitney Houston I’m every woman on the jukebox 💪💪💪💪for our amazing mishy 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Ladybowlers bloomers swinging round your head too for good measure mishy 😘😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Thanks so much Helena those pants will come in really handy xxx