cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2017

Re: July 2017

Angela Carole Tatanya 💖 sending hugs your way too x

Kimi i think if we were all REALLY honest with ourselves we would realise we probably all feel like this sone days im great then wham there it is feeling 💩 again
I know it sounds daft but i feel in no mans land a bit re treatment ending and apps no hormone injections or tablets to take so i have to go with tge stats i was given and hope the are in my favour!!!
I definitely think it could be a little PTSD and our brains are going to have to adjust to the bew normal as mine certainly doesn't want to return to pre bc no matter how much i convince myself so instead im distracting myself as much as possible when i return to work hopefully I will be a bit mire emotionally stable!!!! I also think i may be suffering some menapause symptoms too!!!
Hope you enj5your day out Kimi hugs and best wishes to everyone else me im going carpet shopping 😊

Oh Mishy, I’m so with you, I’m really struggling with all of this too, I know I should be feeling relieved, the Onocologist & Surgeon have sent me on my way, been told to expect a mammogram appt for April, will do another bone scan at some point & got Zolendronic infusion next month, but I can’t stop worrying & feel so blooming down all the time. I’ve had a backache since last Friday, you can imagine what’s going through my head!, think I’m going to have to phone BC nurse today it’s making me very miserable, but then I think I don’t want to hear any bad news, so should I bury my head? someone said it’s a bit like post traumatic stress syndrome after treatments, I’m beginning to think that’s right.  I worked all through treatments when I could, for some sort of normal, that was for me, no other reason, because it wasn’t good being at home watching daytime TV & “thinking”!!  The tiredness and aches get me all the time too,  I want to feel how I felt before this all started, but don’t think that is going to happen somehow.

So, I too don’t want to be A Debbie Downer, but hope we can help each other with our honesty, it makes me feel a bit better knowing I’m not the only one with these feelings and I also know some have even more worries and for that I feel guilty moaning and hope you understand that I wish you well and that you get solutions and some peace from this dreadful thing we didn’t expect to have to deal with. 

Anyway, positive note, I’m off for lunch out with a friend today, so keeping occupied, the housework is still waiting......

Love, hugs & hand holding to all xxxxxxx

Tatanya thank you lovely lady there's no guarantee obviously they are only stats at tge end of day but as you say we need to be grateful for what we have been through and where we are at, you are truly an inspiration to all of us on here im so pleased that the meds are agreeing with you and you can access the treatment you so deserve Tatanya 💖👍

Mishy, my lovely, I'm so glad the news was good! You're one strong lady and you've had a heck of a year, but now you are coming out the other side. There will be ups and downs, it's not easy to get this stuff out of your head, but you'll get there. Now have yourself some fun! You deserve it! Big hugs.🌷🌷❤️❤️

Great news Mishy. Pleased you got encouraging news. Celebrate 🎉

Hello my lovely fellow July ladies was a proper debbie downer yesterday so when you do see my 2 very erratic posts 🤔 well as the song says what a difference a day makes had surgeon app today went really well on the whole very pleased with everything a little fluid in breast but nothing unduly concerning told me what to look out for thickening of skin hardening that type of thing having mammo late April early may, was given a clear explanation of path too, was relieved and happy to hear that even though i hard 19mm of cancer in lymph node iit was a colony of cells rather than a new tumor anf it had remained contained no leakage which he said for the size of the node it was great news my stats for remaining cured/no recurrence are 80% in my favour not bad for a grade 3 stage 2 I'll take that!!! So his parting words were go abd enjoy your life now and enjoy being one if the success stories
Suddenly i thought i have been dwelling on the negative side of this instead of the postives
So im going off again for a little while but will keep looking in on you all but rest assured I'm sending you all my 💖💖💖💖💖 what a bloody fantastically brave 💪 bunch of girls we are 💖
Angela im having gene referral because of my dad but again the think its quite unlikely 💖

I actually want to add that i don't think as such i have depression really but just a little bit of emotional stuff that im dealing with, the GPs are very quick to try to push antidepressants which i think is a little irresponsible really im sure after my counselling session and where now thing my mood will massively improve
Im also looking forward to looking after Grandaughter a couple of days a week, have been taking her to a music class called rhythm time its fun!
Angela best of luck with the genetics stuff im not having a gene test
Tatanya hope you are well lovely and so pleased you are finding the new tablets tolerable
Lovely to hear from you Kimi onwards and upwards ladies and yes we will hold each others hands
Take care 💖

Ladies hello 😊 app tomorrow with bc surgeon not sure what it will entail as last saw her post surgery with path results in May 😨 probably to arrange mammo etc cancerversary soon ugh 😝
Was abit gutted that my GP still doesn't think im ready for work return due to the fatigue and arthritis flare up also says i have anxiety eith depression which i refused antidepressants for he wants to see me in 4 weeks to see whether im improving on my own i hope so don't want to go on tablets feeling a bit deflated that i battled through cancer treatment but have ended up with bloody mood related stuff got my where now course at Maggies so hopefully that will help me alot its hard admitting to having a bit of depression i feel like such a wuss when othrt people's outcome has been worse than mine
Im so glad to hear you are all well and enjoying life which i aim to start doing alot more of soon!!!!!!!

Hello Lovely Ladies. I too am sorry it’s been a while, but trying to have some normality, but as a couple of you have said, difficult with appointments etc. Saw Oncologist last month, she passed me to surgeon whom I saw today, who is going to arrange for me to have mammogram in April & bone scan later this year, will need another Zolendronic infusion in April & will see Oncologist again in August, but we can’t complain I suppose.
Tatyana, I’m sorry your news wasn’t better, it sounds as though your determination is back now, & great you’ve got a counsellor & a fab GP to help you, good the treatment has started & SE’s aren’t too bad, we’re all with you Lovely, now kick it’s arse, summer is round the corner & waiting for you & lots more Flamingo Bingo.
Missa, I’ll swap you my grey hair for your blonde, I’m desperate to dye it, but better wait a bit longer & let it grow some more too. Hope your doing well.
Mishy, sounds as though that baby is coming along, how lovely for you, I’m tired all the time & don’t have a grandchild to run around after, hoping it’s just the chemo & rads still in my system.
Carole, I know your doing well from our FBook forum, hope you enjoyed St Ives.
Feelthefear, glad you’ve booked yourself a holiday, best medicine, I’ve just had a week inPortugal & would like another, sea & sun - lovely. Enjoy your Grandson, sounds as though you have a lovely relationship, maybe I will get one before long, my daughter & her boyfriend have just bought a house& I know they are really keen to start a family, so who knows??
Hope your ok too Shi?
I think about you all & hope you’re all doing ok, we’re all still here & holding each other’s hands, a little less often maybe but sending you all a big hug & very best wishes. Kim xxxx

Hi
I also have a male cousin who had BC in his 40s and my grandmother died of it in her 40s and my sister had it at 43 and new primary BC at 53.

Thanks for the info Carole. I didn’t really know any of that. I think one of the main reasons they’ve decided to test me is my male cousin had bc in his 20s. Very unusual apparently.
Michelle, lovely to hear from you. Under my arm was the worst as well. I did have a full lymph clearance but they must of zapped it any way. Yeah, it’s hard to try and switch off with so many apps coming up. It all becomes very real again. X

Hi everyone good to hear from you Angela the extra rads were fine just targeted at the site of the tumor so not bad i found the underarm the worst bit of treatment but it was because the surgeon didn't do a clearance of axilla nodes!! My skin was really sore but like you say it settled quickly, its tiredness im really bothered with atm like you i still have a few appointments to go to i see bc surgeon next Wed had a bone scan yesterday my onc on 12th then probably my mammo in April gets a bit 😨 its hard to forget about It with appointments coming up so hopefully things will start to feel a bit more normal
I think when treatments finish you kind of think about it a bit more so i am proactively trying to just put it away 😊
Carole its good to hear from you too nice to see everyone is getting on ok
Tatanya glad to see you are tolerating the new treatment xxx speak soon ladies xx

I only had to wait a few weeks for appointment and was there for 40 minutes

I saw a lovely young lady from St George’s hospital, London.  I had already drawn out my family tree to show BC trail and gave her a copy.  She asked some questions about that, then why was I asking for test, what did I expect to get out of it and what might I do with results.  We discussed the genes and various outcomes.

like most people, i didn’t know that everyone carries BRCA 1 and 2 with two parts in each one (one from mother and one from father).  They actually protect us from breast, ovarian and prostate cancers.  The problem comes when one gene changes or mutates and can no longer protect.  If this happens you have about 90% chance of getting BC, 60% of ovarian and increased chance of prostate for men, can’t remember percentage. When they test it can be i) variant detected that is known to affect cancers, ii) no variant detected (normal result) or iii) variant detected but they don’t know if it is affecting the way the gene is working.   This leaves you/them with a dilemma as they can’t be sure either way. 

The BRCA 2 is the one that affects prostate .  

If they think you’ve got a good chance of having it then they offer you test if you want it.  I was given a form to go and get a blood test done.  It takes 6-8 weeks. 

What happened at the genetics clinic Carole? I had to fill in forms about family history months ago and now I have to go for an appointment. We’re you there long?

Still a busy time with hospitals one year on from finding BC. Genetic clinic last week, this week Moving Forwards course yesterday, Zolendronic acid infusion today and mammogram tomorrow.
Have a good day ladies xx

Morning ladies. Just spotted your posts from last week. I’m trying to put bc to the back of my mind until my next appointments so I’m not logging on much.
Carole, that’s brilliant news. You can breath a sigh of relief. We don’t seem to get many opportunities to do that.
Tatyana, it’s good that your new regime doesn’t seem to have many SEs. I’m sure you could do without any more after what we’ve just been through. You sound really positive. I’ve always thought of bc as a sneaky bully and after suffering from them at school, I’m not going to put up with that now. The gloves are off. 😡
I’m going to have a look for this flamingo bingo. I’ve got a 3 year old grandson. I think he’d love it. He’s back to sleeping over at least once a week now that the house is nearly finished. We adore each other. 😍 he’s an absolute treat.
Michelle, how are you recovering from your extended radio sessions? I found my skin healed really quickly and looked a lot worse than it felt. I agree with taking a step back from forums etc now and again. Sometimes we need a break where we can forget our lives have been blighted by this nasty bugger.
I’ve got lots of appointments coming up. Genetic app this Friday. Me and hubby are getting the metro so we can enjoy a lovey (probably boozy) lunch on the way back.
Then oncologist next month, then plastic surgery initial app after that. We’ve just booked a two week holiday to zante leaving may 24 so any operation will just have to wait.
P.s. I’ve started to take cannabis oil daily (yuk) and also a mini aspirin. Who knows, with my high lymph node involvement it might keep things at bay a bit longer.
X

Im really pleased your doing OK on the new drugs tatanya abd starting to get your head around things, you are really strong , its lovely to hear about the flamingo bingo with grandchild too, can't wait for times like that although even at 4 months she is providing me with lots of laughs 😊

Mishy, lovely to hear from you! I've now done nearly a week on my new chemo tablets, it's two weeks on and one week off, and so far I'm feeling fine, touch wood!
I'm getting my head around the secondary diagnosis a bit and trying to focus on the good stuff, of which there's lots. Such as playing flamingo bingo with the three-year old granddaughter on Sunday! You've got all that to look forward to with yours!
Just had my first session with counsellor, arranged by my lovely GP. I think it's going to be really useful. One thing she suggested was to think of cancer as a big bully standing over me, and if I don't enjoy my life I'm letting the bully win.
So I'm kicking that big bustard right where it hurts!
Love and hugs to everyone.

Hi Carole, that is wonderful news about your scan. Go girl! You can do without that kind of anxiety, but at least you got the right result this time!

Really pleased for you Carole xxx

Hi Mishy

I’m not sure if I actually told you good ladies about my liver MRI. I had had a ct
Scan which showed lesions in my liver and so had been sent for an MRI to diagnose. After a very worrying few weeks it turned out to be benign fatty infiltration, which was a huge relief. I’ve now been told I’m cancer free but to repeat scan in 3 months.
Yesterday I had genetic counselling and am having the test due to family history. Next week I have my mammo of good boob, one year on and first zolendronic acid infusion. Doing ok with Letrozole.
Hope you ladies are doing well xx

Tatanya hope you are doing ok lovely and Carole i hope you are doing ok since your scans x
Kimi Angela hope you both are muddling along with life after bc well obviously you are as not heard from you in a while good sign im still lurking but promised myself i will check on less often and only drop in every now and then to see how everyone is xx

Hope you are all well and happy valentines day 💖💖💖💖 onwards and upwards eh 😊

Morning ladies.
Tatyana, Sorry about your news. It’s absolutely rubbish. I’m sure there will be weapons to fight/control it. I felt so sad when you said you’re not planning for the summer. I hope you do.
Can proton beam therapy be used in that area?
I hope you get some answers when you see the chemo nurse. Xxx

Missa shes doing great 15 weeks now had her first sleep over last night it was lovely although im shattered since shes gone home showing my age haha!! Hope you get in ok with the rads i think tge tiredness is just tge knock on from surgery chemo etc just git to go with it oleased to hear about your hair too! Mine is bloody greyish mousey colour with a patch of white right at the front glad you are doing ok xx

Hi all,

Sorry it's been a while since I've been online. Christmas was a busy period and now I've mostly got my energy back I've been keeping myself occupied. Started rads last Friday though so preparing myself for the inevitable crash.
Tatyana, I'm sorry to hear your news. You know we're all here if you need to get stuff off your chest. You too Carole, hopefully your MRI results are positive.
Glad to hear your hair is coming back FeelTheFear and Mishy! My bald patch is starting to get filled in and downstairs I look like a yeti, it's grown back black and it definitely wasn't like that before chemo!
Still loathe to dye my head hair (unfortunately it's grown back it's usual natural blonde colour) but I've been using lush henna dye instead. Obviously more of a tint than a dye but the cocoa butter in it makes my hair lovely and soft.
I didn't ask how many lymph nodes were involved and they didn't tell me. All I know is they took them all. Pre-chemo the cancerous area was 9cm! Shrunk to 1.2cm after chemo though.
Mishy, I know what you mean about the TN part. It plays on my mind a lot. I've vowed to make lifestyle changes to try and limit the chance of reoccurrence but there's obviously no guarantees. I guess we just have to get busy living and don't think about it too much. How is your granddaughter doing?

Carole, my dear, you have expressed exactly, exactly what I feel. We thought we could see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it turns out it's the train coming towards us. A few days ago we were making plans for the summer. Now we've got to stop planning the future and find another way of living. Hopefully your next results will be more encouraging, but either way it's a horrible thing to go through. At the moment the slightest thing is making me burst into tears, I know it's early days and this will pass, but it's still **bleep**. At least we can hold each others hands.
Big hugs!

Thanks Mishy

Carole i hope all goes well for you with your MRI sending you some 💖 too in my thoughts x

Tatyana sorry about your unfortunate results.  I know how you feel.  Since they told me I have a liver lesion I am becoming an emotional wreck.  Not confirmed as secondary yet.  I’m having MRI next Friday to diagnose, but don’t know if it’s likely to be anything else.  Oncologist did say it would be unlikely to grow with FEC T and was in a strange place for a met, but I don’t seem to get much luck with my diagnosis.

its hard to live with the thought of not getting over it.  😥I’m nearly a year in from diagnosis and had mentally thought it would take a year to get over.  Now I feel like I’m back to square one with diagnosis, worry and tests, only now it’s more serious.  xx

Tatanya i think you are fab 💖 be kind to yourself you have a lot to take in atm sending my love to you 💖 pleased to hear you have a nearly pixie too xxx

Hi Mishy, hi all, I'm ok considering, i.e.not great, bit of an emotional wreck just now. For those of you who don't know, my scan results on Wednesday showed that the inoperable mediastinal lymph nodes have actually grown since the previous scan (pre chemo), not much but enough that we are now looking at managing the cancer rather than curing it. I'm going to take a couple of weeks off then start on chemo tablets, capecitabine, supposedly less harsh than our old friens fec and t. Seeing the chemo nurse Tues to find out more. Boy have I got a lot of questions for her!
So, hubby and I are going through yet another adjustment process. I know it could be worse, but hey, I was hoping for better.
Looking on the bright side, hair loss is less likely with this one. Hooray! I can celebrate my nearly pixie. I opened the door to the neighbors yesterday with no wig or scarf on, and they didn't bat an eyelid, not even the three-year old,who can usually be relied on to tell it like it is!

I think im wanting too much too soon Angela haha

Your bloody right there i wish they had done that with me i would have preferred to know that it was affected nit by what the bloody size etc as it nakes you analyse things abit and can't do anything with the info!!
Loks like i hopefully will have a pixie in another 4 weeks hopefully albeit a short one the left side isn't as good as the right but i sleep on that side!! Its taking on a wavy appearance and very mousy grey, im pleased your sprouting new stuff as well and brows my lashes came before brows but everything seens a little thicker downstairs too unfortunately the lady shave is working overtime !!!!

Hi Michelle.
Yes, big lump. I don’t do anything by halves me.
I’m not exactly knackered, but I don’t feel myself yet. A few weeks after chemo I was getting the spring back in my step but the rads have took me back a few steps.
I actually feel better today than I have in ages though so I’m hoping this is a turning point.
I think the breathlessness is probably just the cumulative effect of everything. We’ve been through the mill Michelle.
My hair is doing well. I bought that new soap you recommended. I’m now rocking a pineapple look.
I could of sworn I didn’t lose any hair but clearly I did. My Mam admitted the other day that whenever I showered she used to pop into the bathroom and scoop all of my hair up. She didn’t want to tell me as she thought I’d be upset. My body hair is coming back thick and fast. I’m getting bushy eyebrows and I barely had any before chemo. 🤔
Really hoping my lashes do the same. 🤞😀
My onco didn’t tell me how bad each node was. Probably better not to know. Knowledge is only power if you can do something about it. X

Tatanya hope you are ok xx

Angela that was a big lump i know mine was nearly 3cm with an Area of Dcis round it making it nearly four and my one affected node was 19mm i know my inc said hed reviewed planning ct for rads and was happy there was nothing troubling to see hows the fatigue affected you im bloody knackered all the time also a little breathless my gp has run bloods in case im anemic also doing chest x-ray incase rads have clipped my lung!!! I think its cumulative from the treatment myself its been a long road for us all when you think about it!!
Hows you hair doing also i was very impressed witb it when i saw you i now have my eyebrows back and lashes!

Hi Michelle.
Great that your hair is growing back. It should be a cute pixie soon.
My lump was 5cm 😳 and the rest of the boob was covered in pre cancer.
I was told that if it wasn’t for having bc they wouldn’t of been at all concerned about what my ct showed. Apparently the lesions are tiny and don’t look like cancer. They could of been there from birth.
However, I smoked since I was 13 so my lungs are never going to be as good as non smokers.
I was told that my outcome wouldn’t be any different if I found out now or later if it had spread. So the way I look at it, I’d rather think it probably hasn’t than that it definitely has. I’m 43 and need to believe I’ve got a long life ahead.
We’re all different though, and I know some people are terrified because they aren’t offered scans.
And no Carole, not on the secondaries. Just google something like ‘lung lesions, Breast cancer ct’. You’ll find plenty of forums where people have discussed it.
Isn’t this just such a horrible bloody thing. Like kimi says, Just a bit of peace would be lovely. X

Carole sorry about the CT scan outcome x hopefully you will get better news from the MRI
Angela good to hear from you i know what you mean about needing a break from BC i kind of feel like that ive never had any scans since my mammo and ultrasound the only scan i did have was the CT planning scan for rads which the onc had a quick look at i was 1 out of 5 node macrometes positive but it was big 19mm in size! The TN really plays on my mind at times but feeling like this is a normal reaction to all of this i may have to have a little time out too fir my mental wellbeing
Kimi its a horrible feeling when the anxiety of it not being gine creeps in every now and then surgery was such a long time ago now si we just have to have faith that we have had everything we could have had and like Angela says if any symptoms crop up then we can ask for scans oh and yes i was sick as a chip by i finished rads!! Hope you get your date soon , ooh and my hair is now the equivalent to a number 3 all over buzz cut still a dodgy colour though 😊

Thanks Tatyana xx

Thanks Angela. Gosh I don’t know how you can stand the fear of not knowing. I had a cyst on my liver on first CT and I had a nodule in my lung, which is why they CTed me again. I had 4/11 nodes cancerous.
I have always stayed well clear of the secondaries forums as too scared to go there or do you mean on the going through treatments forums?

Carole, wishing you the best of luck and big hugs. Keep us posted!

Hi Carole.
So sorry you didn’t get better news today. There are other things it could be. If you scour old posts on these forums you’ll find other people who have been in similar positions and it’s turned out to be fine.

I know how terrifying fear of the unknown is. I’ve refused my follow up ct as I don’t want to know. If I get any symptoms then I’ll ask for one.
Small liver lesions were found on my first ct and also liver cysts. Also, 6 our of 26 nodes involved so who knows.
You’re braver than me for going back for more. Sending you a very big hug.
Angela Xxx

Hi all

been to see oncologist again today for CT results.  Not good news.  I have a lesion in my liver and they don’t know what it is but it has grown there in the last 6 months.  Oncologist says it is in an unusual place for a met as it’s right near the bile ducts, which also makes it very difficult to get at.  Also says he would be surprised if a cancer has grown during the aggressive chemo I’ve had.  Could be something else, don’t know yet.  Got to have MRI to diagnose.  Wish me luck xxx

afternoon ladies. I hope everyone is doing well. I thought I’d pop in to say hello.
I feel like I’ve jumped ship lately, but do think about you all a lot.
I’ve been really busy trying to make a home since the builders finished and to be honest I think I needed to try and not think about cancer for a few weeks.
Mishy, your rads will be finished now. Congratulations. 🥂 I can imagine you were sick as a chip by the time you started the top ups.

I’m going to put some time aside tomorrow to read through what everyone’s been up to over the past few weeks.
I’m doing well. 5 weeks into tamoxifen now and apart from hot flushes and night sweats I don’t think I have any side effects yet. 🤞
Just waiting for my reconstruction appointment now. X
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Kimi lovely, big hug and 😘😘for you, we are all I am sure the same as you thinking is the chemo and rads working, please keep positive and keep faith and hope knowing you’ve done all you can 😘😘😘I agree without these threads and the shared known we get from each other we’d not have a clue about other treatments and things for se’s and what to discuss asvits differes from trust to trust and also the info you get given to read doesn’t cover se’s by a long way. Also the kindness. Love and support we get from each other is a very very big part of this journey and your not told about this at any appointments as a support network which I think everyone should be told about so they know it’s here if they feel they need it 💕💕💕✨✨✨✨shi xx

My diagnosis was grade 3 invasive ductual carcinoma, 31mm, LVI positive, ER 7/8, PR positive, HER2/neu negative, 1/2 sentinel lymph nodes involved, 2mm deposit. I was diagnosed last March, two days after losing my Mum to asbestosis, which made it so hard & my emotional state so much worse. I had a lumpectomy, which later showed clear margins, followed by 6 x chemo treatments, 15 radiotherapy treatments to breast, collar bone & armpit & then 5 booster radiotherapy’s to breast at site of tumour. I have my next appt on 1st Feb for follow up & another to see surgeon on 26th Feb apparently to check operation site. I’m sure like the rest of us I am an emotional wreck some days, worry about it every day & worry what the future holds. My Consultant is a lovely lady, I tell her how scared & worried I am & she does her best to reassure me without any promises or guarantees. She has told me that radiotherapy is as effective as surgery to lymph nodes & that I shouldn’t need surgery to have them removed, but that worries me as so many ladies go on to have this done, but I’m obviously not keen to have it done unless it’s really necessary, another discussion to have at next appointment I guess. I’m taking Letrazole for the next 5 years & have to have Zolendronic acid infusions every 6 months for 3 years. I’m 58 in February. This group is amazing for support & whilst some of our diagnoses are similar our treatments have been so different but I’ve found it so useful & use the information when I see the Consultant to ask questions. Keep in touch with us & tell us how your treatment is going, the more information we all have helps us all to make sure we get the best treatment we can by asking questions. Hope we all get good news from our next appointments. Love to you all. Xxx
CK

Thanks Mishy
I ve had lumpectomy before chemo and now have surgery to remove lymph nodes and clear margins so not sure what to expect. I have pre op on Weds so will know more.xx