cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2017

Re: July 2017

Great news Angela absolutely fantastic news 👍👭

Quick update ladies as my phone is about to die. Bloods including liver are all back in normal range so even better sign that cape is working.
I have the ATM gene. They have a trial for this once cape stops working so all very good news.
Yes I have some appointments at the bobby robson Michelle. I’ll let you know when my next one is. Xxxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy just realised predictive text changed pm’d you to pms 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂you’d have given me a 🖕if I’d pms’d you 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy, I pms you yesterday 😘😘but know what you are like for looking in your box 🤣😂🤣💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Carole I think that's what my onc is coming up with I asked the Same as you about it wasn't there in Feb (last chest x-ray and bone scan) anyway it's the senior radiographer who has called the shots with the scan onc says to have it as it will be clearer but in his experience he's not convinced its anything else I trust him explicitly and I'm pleased I rang him, I will never get complacent as we know to be vigilant I'm lucky really as I have heard other ladies struggle to get taken seriously and were never told about what to look out for xx
I'm pleased though you got the results you were hoping for xxx

I am so pleased you enjoyed your trip sounds absolutely wonderful I never realised you were having treatment at freeman I'm keeping everything crossed about your trial x is it always there where you go I could meet you there if you are there soon and we could have a cuppa also Maggies is just over the road Angela you should pop in it's a lovely place if you have appointments and stuff you can use the centre before and after instead of sitting in the hospital it really relaxes you and everyone is amazing there there's lots of people on hand if you need the physiologists people that help with money issues etc most people go to get away from the clinical environment when in between apps bloods etc xxx
Enjoy your curry tonight got your back too for today 👭💖

Morning Michelle.
If your onco says he’s pretty certain it’s the rads, then I’m pretty certain it will be. They don’t put themselves on the line like that unless they’re sure. They just have to be very careful with us and leave absolutely no room for error.

We were away with family (including the grandkids) and also two of our friends and their 3 children. It was absolutely lovely. Plenty tears of laughter, which is just what we needed.
Off to the bobby robson in a minute to find out if there’s an update on my potential trial, then oncology appointment, then hopefully off to the chemo ward to pick up my cape. Going for a curry tonight, so at least we have something to look forward to. Xxx

Mishy my lung shadow has stressed me out all over Christmas and NY but GP and radiologist did say at the start they thought it was rads damage. I didn’t really believe that because I’ve had a horrendous cough for 2 months and this shadow didn’t show up on numerous previous CTs and X-rays. When I said to BCN how come it wasn’t there before, she said that the rads keeps acting for ages and scarring develops over time.
Certainly I’ve always been told that ribs can be affected by rads.

Thanks for the 👭💖 Everyone xx

Hi Angela yes I remember it's looking as if it's some kind of damage to the rib from radiotherapy and surgery my onc was pretty confident but the radiographer is unsure so he has called it with the scan I won't tell my kids till I know for certain
I hope you had a great time when you were away was it just family or friends too its lovely getting together just spending time with loved ones is the best thing ever x thank you for thinking about me Angela too you are so selfless xx 👭💖

Michelle. Just logged on and saw your post.
Remember, I had swelling around ribs a cpl of months ago. It’s gone now. Was nothing to do with my mets, it’s the bloody radio. I’m sure yours will turn out the same. Once bc gets it’s nails into us every single thing is an horrendous worry. We’ve got your back. Xxxxxx

Carole, so relieved for you. New boobies for 2019. 🥂🥂🥂🎉🎉🎉

Mishy, I'm so pleased to hear this, I've been thinking of you and wondering how you'd got on. When I got the results from my CT scan a couple of weeks ago there was some fluffiness as my onc put it, on my lungs. Again she wasn't worried as the radiotherapy had been directly in the middle of it and she said it was from that and it sounds as if it's the same for you xx

Community Champion

Mishy

that is so reassuring from your onc, they are the experts and he sounds so so sure that it is rads, however it is good that they are making sure with the CT scan, a friend of mine had something similar and it turned out that it was as a result of the rads as well.

Sending you hugs

Helena xxx

Hi girls quick update I saw onc who isn't massively concerned I still have to have the ct but he seems to think it's from radiotherapy but because a senior radiographer has requested the ct I should have it and he will see me once the results are in he did go as far as to say he would eat my hair band if he was wrong very reassuring thank you all for your support this forum is such a special place 👭💖👍

Mishy, just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy 👭👭👭👭 ✨✨✨✨✨✨for tomorrow and don’t forget we’ve got hold of your hot pants and ladybowlers bloomers are wrapped round your shoulders keeping you safe too 😘😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨Carole ❤️❤️❤️Super news for you 👍👍💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Mishy

By your side mate xxx

BTW carole I'm so happy for you what a horrible wait you must celebrate now though 👍👭

Shi carole thanks girls for your positivity I'm hoping it's just I waltzed into the docs excepting them to say it was clear so was floored when she gave me that you know when you are not expecting something, anyway after I had finished wailing I rang my lovely oncs secretary who said to come in tomorrow at 4 obviously I won't get the ct then but she's put it on a urgent request and was emailing my onc he's fab so I'm sure he will reassure at least he knows how I worry thanks again my friends xxxx

Hi ladies

Mishy I’m sending you positive vibes.
I have just heard from my BCN following today’s MDT. My lung shadow is radio therapy scarring NOT cancer nets. I’m so relieved and now I can have my Diep too. Just goes to show that these things often do turn out to be rads or chemo damage. I worried all through Christmas and new year. Last Christmas I worried on CT results until mid January because I had liver lesions which turned out to be chemo damage xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy 😘😘👭👭me and meesh were only saying the other day we think it’s the weather and the rads that’s given us a couple of twinges the last few weeks ❤️❤️And air quality is more rubbish this time of year too which can lead to breathlessness. Now gold oct17 hot pants on honey, we’ve got hold of you and our lass in the north with the big heart is on the dance floor with us and bit of Whitney Houston I’m every woman on the jukebox 💪💪💪💪for our amazing mishy 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Ladybowlers bloomers swinging round your head too for good measure mishy 😘😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Thanks so much Helena those pants will come in really handy xxx
Community Champion

Mishy

Sending you loads of positive vibes, a pair of our big pants so that we can all be there with you, and a huge sprinkling of fiary dust

Plus loads of Helena  huggles xxxx

tough pants.jpg

Ladies I really need some positive vibes right now have been feeling tender around ribs and a little breathless on exercise so went to docs for check up the sent me for an x-ray on Monday got results today they have picked up a thickened area in 5th medionastial rib or what ever it's called and have requested an urgent ct as it wasn't there in Feb when I had a chest x-ray didn't show on previous bone scan I rang onc who is seeing me tomorrow feeling shocked and fragile right now my logical side of my brain is telling me it's from rads my other side is thinking mets 😨 wtf this bc is relentless 2nd day into 2019 cheers!!!!!!!!! 😳

All the best to you all this 2019 May it be filled with love and laughter, and be kind to all of us thinking of you all today my booby mates 💖👭😚

Gave a great time FTF xx

It’s sounds as though we’ve all enjoyed a lovely Xmas. Great to see you on the forum tatyana.
I’ve just popped in to wish you all a very happy new year and to wish us all better health and good news in 2019.
I’m going away until Wednesday. Looking forward to someone else doing to cooking and cleaning. There are about 20 of us going so should be fun.
🥂🥂🥂🎉🎉🎉😘😘😘

Lovely to hear from you Tatyana and glad you’re feeling more positive.
I’m still waiting on CT results but cough is much better so I’m hopeful it’s nothing to worry about. I’m struggling to lose weight with the Christmas food and drink still around XX

Lovely to hear from you Tatanya you sound like you have had a lovely time this Christmas with some lovely gifts too I echo Shi about smiling 😊
Social media can consume sometimes so don't worry about not posting xx
I will linger but may not post at times just like to know my booby mates are well take care everyone
😚😚😚
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi tatyana, you have just made my Christmas and new year by posting darling lady, I was getting worried so I just want you to know I’m now sat with big 😁on my face. You’ve had some glorious gifts that are so thoughtful tatyana ❤️❤️❤️We had yummy M&S Christmas, I was a lazy bum. Obviously a ✨✨✨✨Christmas, I wore glitter spray in my bingo hair every day ✨✨✨✨ am pleased the meds are settling and you are feeling more positive. There is a bit in today’s express page 4 professor Adrian hay day, might be worth a bit of investigating 😘😘😘love you 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hi my lovelies, hope everyone had the best Christmas they could! Ours was quiet but good, missed seeing the grandkids because of bugs (theirs, not mine!!) but thank heavens for Skype! Had some lovely thoughtful gifts, including books and music, and from the Barnstaple bit of the family a gorgeous framed photo of Exmoor ponies! It's a standing joke in the family that whenever I go down there we have to go on a pony hunt!

I've been taking a bit of a social media break but I do still check in sometimes and love to see you guys getting on with your lives. The Sue Ryder nurses have been doing miracles sorting out my meds and I'm feeling more positive now.

Carole, so glad you've got the diep appointment. It's a great incentive to get fit! Everyone's Christmases sound yummy, except Shi's, which mainly sounds sparkly! Loads of love and happy New year to you all.✨🎆❇️💖💖💖

MMM sounds delicious mine had been a bit of a disaster tastes lovely just looks a bit 😂 stuffing though should be the business going to wrap a few last bits
Love you all booby mates have a fantastic time 💖👍🎄

GRAVY update Michelle. It’s lovely. I used port, left out the star anise and added a beef stock cube for extra colour. 👍👍👍

Morning ladies.

Carole, great you have your diep appointment through. I have everything crossed for good scan results. 🤞🤞🤞🤞
Michelle, I plan on making Jamie’s gravy today. Not much get ahead there. I’ll be putting it in the freezer then back out tomorrow. 😂 Have you got the whole family over? I’ve got mine xmas day then even more Boxing Day. I’ve ordered a buffet from a local restaurant for that one. 👍
Shi, thanks for your upbeat, sparkling, lovely posts over the year. You keep me smiling. 😘
Kimi, I hope you have a wonderful anxiety free xmas.
Tatyana, sending lots of love your way.

Missa, as ever you are in my thoughts. I hope you are okay.
Here’s hoping we can all enjoy a peaceful, happy and stress free Christmas and New Year.

Love you booby buddies, thanks for your support this year. Xxx 😘😘😘🎄🎄🎄🎉🎉🎉🥂🥂🥂 xxx

Hi

I had the CT today once they could get cannula into a cooperative vein (artery??). Flipping hurt when the dye went in this time.
I don’t know if I told you ladies that I have my Diep date through for early February so have to keep up the dieting and getting fit over Christmas. It’s dependent on the lung thing being sorted obviously xx
Hugs to you Tatyana. Hope all is well.

Have a good Christmas everyone else xx🥂🍷🍰🍗🌲🌲🌲🎅🎉⛄️❄️✨🌲🌲🌲

Hi everyone Tatanya i hope everything is ok lovely lady you have gone a little quiet but sending you a massive hug and 👭 yiu are in ny thoughts and i hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas
Carole i hope everything went well at your appointment today i hope it doesn't play on your mind too much over the holidays i know what worrying about test results can be like, im sending you plenty of positive vibes though
Angela i hope you are getting ready for a fab family Christmas did you have a go at Jsmies get ahead gravy its delicious bit of a faf but lush 👍 i still haven't started wrapping i hate wrapping it is my pet peave!!!! But looking forward to Christmas been to a party type thing today with some freinds afternoon tea with singers and raffle and stuff it was at a community centre loads of old fogeys but great fun a lady i know from a few years back put it on and gave us an invite she had bowel cancer 12 years ago and basically decided to open up her own community cafe after treatment as she felt if she never did it she never would was lovely seeing her
Kimi if you are reading i really wish you a lovely Christmas too i hope your anxiety has settled a little i really do get you on that one as i have been plagued with it off and on since diagnosis it can come from nowhere but can also take you to a very darke place i find cooking or walking helps me tremendously or gardening but not in this weather 😨
Miss its been a while since you posted and i am sending you the biggest virtual hug too and i hope you and that lovely OH of yours have a lovely time at Christmas you are never too far from my thoughts
Shi Darling how are you i bet you and your Hubby are looking forward to Christmas this year too everytime i go online to shop i thing of you haha
Well July ladies im going to go im totally shattered from all the yapping today i definitely can't party like i used to!!!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Tatyana 😘😘beautiful lady if you are reading just want to send you ❤️❤️❤️And a couple of oct17 👅🐧licky penguins 😘😘 👭👭love to all amazing beautiful kind ladies 💕💕✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Blooming heck mishy, keeping everyone in my 🙏🙏🙏ftf, my thought have been with tatyana too a lot the last few days and same as you hope she is reading and knows we are sending her ❤️❤️❤️❤️👭👭👭✨✨✨✨yes agree about the castlerigg thing too and the wishing well 👍👍👍 completely off at a tangent now that plat that days got on strictly just now makes her look like tong po from kickboxer 😂🤣😂😂😂😂💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

😳😳 Michelle that’s terrible. Bloody hell. Great they managed to reattach them 😳

Carole, your oncologist has doubt or he wouldn’t be requesting another ct. my mets were tiny but they knew straight away what they were sinister they called them. 😳 like something out of a horror film.
I’m hoping he’s just being extra cautious given your history. Lungs show up all sorts of stuff.

Shi I’m sure the wishing well and castlerigg did their magic. 😀😀 it’s so wonderful to have hope again.

I’m starting to worry about tatyana. We all need a break from social media sometimes, so I hope that’s what she’s doing.

Enjoy the weekend ladies. It’s forecast for snow here so I’m planning a cpl of cosy days 😀 xxx

Had a very stressful day today ny SIL had a terrible accident at work cut off 2 of his fingers on a band saw at work rushed to hospital they were literally only attached by the skin luckily after 5 hours in surgery the wonderful surgeons at RVI managed to save the and basically reattach them im keeping everything crossed that is enough and the surgery has worked he will go back next week for a ct and xray in full plaster and in alot of pain bless him what a day lhew so it was lovely to log on and see the good news
Carole im sorry you have to wait for the results over Christmas and if you can distract yourself as much as possible with the help of your family once you have them you will at least know what is what but im really hoping you are having a scare xxx

Carole im keeping in sending those positive vibes to you too positive vibes from us Booby mates definitely work in whatever weird mysterious way when you send them my way i feel it so i will keep sending them
Im so happy tonight after reading your post Angela really happy 👭💖

Aa aah ive just logged on and read your post 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 bloody amazing Angela things are definitely looking up for you so pleased my friend 👭💖

Angela that’s great news and just in time for Christmas.  Very happy for you. 😃😃😃😃

ive has more xrays for my lung shadow but oncologist says they don’t tell him enough so I have a CT on 21st so he can compare with previous ones.  Will be a long worry over Christmas awaiting results but I’m just going to hope it is caused by my bad cough or maybe rads damage and try to forget about it as far as possible. 

Better news is is that I saw my plastic surgeon yesterday and he has confirmed that he can do my DIEP recon next year and as I have managed to lose 7lbs he can also fix my tummy muscle split.  Just need to get past the lung problem and get myself as fit as possible. 

Again congratulations Angela xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ftf, that’s blooming wonderful news 👍👍👍👍told you that wishing well near theatre by lake is magic ❤️❤️Have to have a 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻For you darling I’m so 😁😁😁😁for you bit of take that could it be magic on the jukebox 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

I’ve only gone and got some bloody good news ladies. My blood tests seem to show that cape is working. Liver function test much improved. 😀😀
Also, they have found two faulty genes. They think they are going to be able to tailor a clinical trial for me. Hubby is crying tears of happiness for a change.
I just said to him before appointment this morning
‘In the words of Radiohead ‘I feel my luck could change’. Xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ftf 👭👭❤️❤️Darling mishy have great time at Christmas jumper day, I’m pleased to see better prices on them this year all round, they were silly prices last year, I think the retailers should dontate at least half of every jumper sold to save the children fund, that would boost things even more.💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Ah these tyoos have never improved have they 😂😂😂😂

Singing reindeer sound lovely Shi i hope you are enjoying everything Christmas i know you love it!!! Ellas nursery Christmas fair tomorrow and Christmas jumper day i got her a lovely one, im pleased to see 5he lush shampoo is working its magic for everyone how lovely tho think my little find could help so many of ojr lovely ladies get Lush thick hsir back Angela i still use it my hair is growing like mad now im having it cut again after the holidays as the girl was busy
I will be thinking of you tomorrow got your back as always sending the positive vibes and hand holding 👭
Tatanya sending you my love too hope you are keeping well and treatment is still not giving you any blood problems 💃💃💃 just incase
Carole 👭 for you too lovely
Kimi hope you are enjoying the Christmas build up not long now ladies
Missa you are in my thoughts too if you are reading sending you 💖👭💪
Well ladies for now xxx

Yes Shi, we saw the singing reindeers, they’re absolutely fabulous. 😍
I’m still using the lush shampoo. It’s the only shampoo my mam will use now too. It’s bloody marvellous.
I hope we all have a good weekend. I’m off for bloods this morning, then oncologist appointment tomorrow. Hoping he has the results of my tumour profiling and that they open more doors for drug options.
Dreamt last night that docs had it wrong and it was pepper on my liver not mets. 😂😂 dear me. !
Xxxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Carole 😘😘 This is our warm cozy hot blanket place where we all can wrap ourselves up with each other and our loving friendships 😘😘where we come to when we have 😳😳 times, 😁😁😁times 🤪🤪🤪times 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Times and any other time ❤️❤️. Ftf, so happy you had lovely time in Keswick and garden centre, was the big unicorn still there? And did you see the singing reindeer outside near the santaland bit? I hope you did they were lovely 💕💕tatyana darling sending big big ❤️❤️To you and mishy your red dot lush shampoo is going down a storm with threads 👍👍everyone is getting good thick hair back 👍👍hope Ella’s getting excited for Christmas 💕💕love to everyone Shi xx