July 2019 chemo starting

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else is starting chemo next week? I was diagnosed in May and have first chemo session next Thursday (4 July). I am Her2+ and will be having Fec-T plus Herceptin and Perjeta. I saw the oncologist on Tuesday but can’t actually remember everything she said (yes I should have written at least the important bits down!). Have been reading other months starters to get handy hints. What lovely people are on here. It is so great how everyone can support each other and I am certain this will help. In the meantime I am making myself a shopping list - thank you those from June. So far I am getting prunes, boiled sweets, a new thermometer, ice cube thingy and rocket ice lollies. Have also ordered 2 chemo scarves. Not doing cold cap - didn’t sound too easy so think will manage with no hair and look forward to seeing how it grows back. Have also already told my hairdresser she can dye it pink when it does. Anyway I am looking forward to meeting some new friends on here. Being positive at least at the moment but expecting to get more anxious as Thursday gets closer. Am just so pleased the wait for biopsy results, CT scans etc is over. I just want to get on with it. We CAN do this together! Xx ps note to self…start drinking lots of water!

Hi Lucylump

I am also due to start chemo in July. Have first meeting with oncology on Monday. 

Obviously not looking forward to starting but like you I am glad to be moving forward.

Hi all, 

Also starting chemo 8th July. 

I had right breast mastectomy, ER positive and Her2 positive so will be on FEC-T 6 cycles and Herceptin 12 months.

Feeling anxious at the moment. 

Hi All,

Everything went smoothly today with my first chemo session. It was a long day and apart from feeling pretty tired, it’s all good so far. For dinner, I had my fav Japanese ramen and the soup tasted bitter. I never thought that taste buds will start to play their game so soon. Other foods still taste kinda ok but I assume they will start to taste bad very soon. 

LucyLump, I can totally feel the all day/night sleep will get me as well. Do you have any bone/muscle pain? How is your nausea?

I am rooting for all of us. It’s a good feeling that the first one is done. One step closer, yay!!!

xx

Hi everyone I’m just getting my 2nd round of IV treatment at the moment. My 1st round of treatment was over 2 days and straddled June/July. 

Hi Lucy Im also HER2 + and the having Herceptin and Perjeta. Bu I’m In also getting Doxataxil ( taxine) and  Carboplatin. So slightly different. TCHP

Anyone else with the same treatment plan as me?

Goodluck everyone 

Hi All 

How are we all doing, I am having my last Chemo today, thank God! 

You see i am her2+, DCIS with micro invasion which had 1 lymph node involvement out of 14 removed for test.

Already had my suggery in May.

Had FEC for 3 cycles, then T for 4 cycle, last cycle today. 

But I just been told by nurse I will continue with pertuzumah (perjerta) and Herceptin for another 18 cycle meanwhile I was only told previously about continuing only Herceptin for 1 year, I intend to discuss this with my oncologist, but wanted to know if anyone has the same treatment plan as I.

Waiting anxiously for you response. Thank you

Cheers

Aww.