Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2019 chemo starting

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: July 2019 chemo starting

Few quick tips for shopping list for chemo, get some baby wipes and anosol cream and senokot/movicalthe steroids can make you have a bit of botty back up 😳nothing to worry about it’s just you don’t expect it. Oral hygiene is very important, see if they can give you difflam in your ‘goody bag’. Any problems with antisickness meds phone your units, they will tweak meds till they get right combo. I was on akynzeo and metochlopromide and no sickness or appetite loss. Think about sending your hair to little princes trust they make wigs for kids for free with cancer, can make you feel like taking control. Also you ask about a wig voucher at your trusts too also your Macmillan units have lots of preloved wigs too. Drink 2-3 litres of water a day and keep skin moisturised, chemo can dry it out. Hope that helps a bit and know we are all here 👭to help in any way we can. Just always ring your units with any concerns during chemo, they want you to ring them, then they can keep you safe ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Kaytee, it's good to hear from you. I hope your meeting with oncology on Monday goes OK. It is definitely a bit of a relief to finally know what the treatment is going to be. I am making the most of the last few days before it all starts. 

Highlighted

Hi Lucylump

I am also due to start chemo in July. Have first meeting with oncology on Monday. 

Obviously not looking forward to starting but like you I am glad to be moving forward.

Highlighted

July 2019 chemo starting

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else is starting chemo next week? I was diagnosed in May and have first chemo session next Thursday (4 July). I am Her2+ and will be having Fec-T plus Herceptin and Perjeta. I saw the oncologist on Tuesday but can't actually remember everything she said (yes I should have written at least the important bits down!). Have been reading other months starters to get handy hints. What lovely people are on here. It is so great how everyone can support each other and I am certain this will help. In the meantime I am making myself a shopping list - thank you those from June. So far I am getting prunes, boiled sweets, a new thermometer, ice cube thingy and rocket ice lollies. Have also ordered 2 chemo scarves. Not doing cold cap - didn't sound too easy so think will manage with no hair and look forward to seeing how it grows back. Have also already told my hairdresser she can dye it pink when it does. Anyway I am looking forward to meeting some new friends on here. Being positive at least at the moment but expecting to get more anxious as Thursday gets closer. Am just so pleased the wait for biopsy results, CT scans etc is over. I just want to get on with it. We CAN do this together! Xx ps note to self....start drinking lots of water!