July 2021 Chemo Starters

Hi everyone,

I started chemo last week. I am having weekly Paclitaxel for 12 weeks and 3 weekly Herceptin for 1 year.

Is anyone else on this regime and what is your experience?  I have my 2nd chemo tomorrow. I had some nausea for 2 days + indigestion and have had a very grumbly stomach which has continued through the week! I’m using the cold cap which wasn’t too uncomfortable but not sure how effective it will be.

I’m interested in others experiences

Hi Jude11

i started chemo yesterday although I’m on FEC-T there are so many different types of chemo I have no idea if it’s completely different to yours. So far I’m really struggling with headaches and nausea took over last night. Sudden realisation that I’ve got more to go! And I felt well in myself before this. Is that how you felt? 
I hope the cold cap works for you. I decided not to try as my hair is quite fine anyway so felt like maybe it wouldn’t work for me. 
I hope your second round goes well tomorrow x

Hi,

sorry I’ve just seen this thread. There is another July starters forum. 
I had my first cycle of EC on July 9th and had my second cycle last week. I still have 2 more EC cycles then it changes to weekly with different chemo drugs. 
How are you feeling today?