cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2018 Chemo Starters

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: June 2018 Chemo Starters

Reddi 👍👍👍😘😘😘 great news your ops gone well darling and already enjoying food ❤️❤️Take it steady and pace your excercises post op 💪💪big ❤️❤️❤️To everyone and kip happy birthday to your daughter 😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Op went well! Been out of recovery for hours; actually enjoyed my hospital supper of chickpea and sweet potato curry. Seems pretty certain -- at the moment -- that I'll be home this time tomorrow. (Of course, I'm doped up on painkillers right now...)
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh dear CDC, I know those knees!  Today mine are so stiff and sore when I get up from sitting or try to go up/down stairs.   I don't know if its chemo, tamoxifen or just the menopause or possibly all 3.  I;m currently walking around with a heat pad stuffed down the back of my jeans on my lower back.. not a good look!

Ooh and a belated happy birthday to your daughter Kip! X

Just seen this Kip after posting on surgery thread. Glad you weren’t already at the hospital for radio when they told you!
Sorry you’re so stiff. I’ve been in the tamoxifen for 3 days and seem to be doing ok on it ( touch wood) but last week I started feeling like someone has replaced my knees with grit. It’s absolutely horrible and makes standing from sitting extremely difficult. I’m wondering if it’s chemo related. I must check with my new BCN. It haven’t wanted to bother her. I’m twenty days post my last chemo and have a stinking cold! I have no temperature and feel fine apart from sore throat and a runny nose, I’m hoping I don’t still have a weakened immune system.
Have a good day everyone and all the best for the op Reddi! Xxx
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Forgot to say, I also got a phonecall from teh physio department and they are passing me over to the lymphodema clinic for some physio as they are the best placed to offer advice apparently.  So still nobody has actually looked at my arm as yet and don't know how long I wait for an appointment.  Woke up today with horrendous stiff legs, back, bottom again... I thought it was getting better.. am really beginning to think the chemo has brought on rheumitism/arthritis which is triggered when it gets colder... already feel 100 now I feel 150..!!

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi CDC - I haven't used any hair chalks yet, but might invest in some.. still working on updating the profile.. watch this space!

Didn't get to have my radio yesterday as I got a phonecall mid morning to say the machine was broken and the other one was in pieces being serviced and they had a 4 hour waiting time.  I was offered to either skip a treatment (didn't want to risk that), add it on to the end (didn't want another day added) or go in on Saturday morning.. so Saturday morning it is...not ideal as I have so much to do, but didn't dare go for just 14 sessions.  What a nightmare, but it was good to have an afternoon off, especially as it was my daughters birthday!  Didn't fancy laying there thinking "14 years ago I was having a baby.. now look where I am!".

Sally - that is a long wait to decide to have Radio isn't it!

Kip

xx

Looking forward to seeing your updated profile pic Kip.

What colour hair chalks did you use Kip? My daughters chalks are purple and blue and as well as not having enough hair yet I think the colours would look extremely odd!!

Oh gosh Sally. How are you feeling about the prospect of radiotherapy now?

Reddi- I’ve been thinking of you and really hope tomorrow’s surgery goes well. Good luck!

Hi LJ Glad the end is in sight. I’ve lost one nail but there was another growing underneath. I’ve kept my nails varnished but I can see some very definite ridges.

ktk I’ve just remembered my daughter has some hair chalk. Maybe she’ll let me borrow some!

So I got seen at Guys today and it's been decided I will have radiotherapy after all after being told I couldn't have it. That's something to look coward to in January a long time after surgery (February and beginning of April)
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi LJ, lovely to hear from you.   Glad the Rads are ticking off albeit with a nasty journey added in.   I'm on No 10 today of 15 so getting there too.  So far so good, no soreness or anything just the annoying visits every day.   I keep checking and waiting for something to happen, not even sure exactly where they are pinpointing the radiotherapy but just know its chest wall and collar bone... no signs of anything yet.

Your nails sound exactly the same as mine.. the horrible colour and the ridges.   As the horrible bit gets to the top it breaks off so  am hoping it will just grow out eventually.  I keep them painted because I look like I smoke 100 a day if not!  Not a good look when you are having radiotherapy is it.

Glad to hear your hair is coming on nicely too, so nice to have some again itsn't , almost dont mind the white.. everyone tells me it suits me.. not sure on that front but its hair afterall.  I keep trying to update my profile picture on here from bald to skinheard.. not having any luck yet!   IT brain not working as it was I think.

Kip

xx

LJ

Morning ladies.  I've been rather quiet lately - the travel RT is pooping me out and I've just not had the energy. Day 13/20 today so the end is somewhere in sight!  How is everyone else doing on RT?

My hairdresser put a wash in, wash out colour on my hair five weeks after my last chemo. We went for that as it was gentle with no ammonia or peroxide. All has been good with no adverse effects. Regrowth is good - the parts which really thinned on the top of my head are much thicker and my scalp is no longer visible!  But my hair was really before and grows like weeds.  Another fan of the Lush shampoo bar too. 

On the nail front, mine are holding on, albeit not without problems. From the tip to about halfway down they are yellowy which I presume is the result of FEC, then after that I've got three ridges which is the result of T. Three nails are showing signs of detachment at the tip, but not all the way across. I've clipped them very short so there's practically no free edge and am keeping them painted with colours that don't allow me to see through so I'm not tempted to fiddle!  I'm also using latex gloves whenever I'm doing anything houseworky or food related to limit the amount of times I get my hands wet.  Am also rubbing Lush's Lemony Flutter cuticle butter in at bedtime. 

LJ

Looking great Kip! I think it suits you. Is it very different to before chemo. Sally sorry to hear the hair you Lost isn’t growing back yet. Mine looks odd as it’s very short but what I have is sticking up all over the place!
ktk

Hi Kip. Your hair looks great. Mine isn’t as long as yours so still needs covering if I go out. The hair chalks sound just what I need Shi. Thank you!! Love your tree too Kip. I did mine on Sunday. Made me feel very Christmassy !! X
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Sally, mine started to grow when I was having the 2nd lot of Docetaxol, which was about August time.   Since finishing chemo it has just grown quite quickly.  I have been using the Lush "new" soap bar which Shi recommended and was even using it on my bald head!  Not sure if thats helped or not. I did have very thick hair before all this and it grew quickly so perhaps thats why.  I think from research everybody's grows differently and at different times.  Did you have FEC-T?  Sorry can't remember? 

I lost the tip of a nail today, just the horrible white bit, so hoping the rest will just grow out now.   Must try to paint then tho as they look like a mouse has gnawed at them.

Kip

xx

Your hair looks good as it is Kip. It suits you.

How long after chemo did the growing start? I'm over 6 weeks out and so far, nothing. Lost more and none of what I lost has come back. I've had no regrowth at all.

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Wow hair chalks hadnt thought about that..  im As white as Philip Schofield!!  mynails are still in tact bbut the end white bit got progressivly lower but thet dont hurt, imI just cuttjng them very short  and hopjing  to grow out the ridges and nastiness.  Heres an update in the hair....

20181210_182118.jpg

@Shi Fab idea. I have bizarro greyness -- front right and crown, with rest dark. I think it is my natural, pre-chemo pattern, but like @ktk I have been dying for a long time... In my case, something like two decades? So this is my first introduction to it. Ah, vanity. Chalk would provide a fun change for the holidays -- probably NYE for me, as it sounds like I'll still have drains on Christmas and Boxing Day. Festive! And hard to accessorize. Maybe a green gift bow?

Just had my first Herceptin by injection -- 13 to go! (Finishing 12 Sep.) It was so easy after the past 5 months: a quick 5 minutes into the thigh, then an hour's observation. Not chemo, but given in the chemo day unit (and the targeted therapies forums don't seem to be organized in the same way).
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Ktk I put hair chalks on my hair, just wet hair and rubbed in didn’t seal with straighteners as hair wasn’t long enough, got mine off Amazon 💕💕✨✨Shi xx
ktk

Hi all! I am about six weeks post chemo and my nails are not looking so good. Although they are in tact the unconnected bit at the top is creeping lower. I have just had them painted bright red which I hope will see me through to Christmas! Better news on the hair front. I now have a good covering of fluffy hair, about a cm all over. Unfortunately it is grey!!! It probably was before but I dyed it!!! I would like to put a bright temporary dye on for Christmas but everything I have read says wait six months. Anyone else colouring their hair yet? Love to all xxx

Thanks, @SallyG63! Just spoke to my nurse and she is going to check on it.

@RedRose I've been thinking of you. Hope your wedding planning has been fun and smooth --
Highlighted

HI Reddi,

I had an ECG as part of the pre surgery assessment both this year and when I had cancer previously in 2006. I thought it was standard before a general anaesthetic. I only had it before the 1st surgery though this year, not the 2nd but they were only 5 weeks apart.

A quick fingernail update -- specifically for @Georgie Gee, who asked some time ago, around when her chemo ended. I know her oncologist helped to trial Polybalm at her hospital. (How are you, Georgie Gee?)

My Polybalm experiment wasn't perfect, since I got my tubes about halfway through my first docetaxel cycle, and typically only applied it 1x/day (rather than 2-3x as recommended). I topped up with cuticle oil, especially to my fingernails, as this was slightly more convenient and cost-effective for me. Because of my elevated liver enzymes between FEC and T, I also never had a 100% docetaxel dose -- instead I had 75% x 4 cycles, with the 4th cycle added for my HER2 antibody infusions.

In any case, my nails seem to be surviving well, on day 24 after final cycle. Still a chance I'll lose some -- right thumbnail, in particular, is sore -- but so far, so good. [If you're curious for more details, see my post in the Dec '18 chemo starters forum. Didn't want to post too, too much here since I know quite a few of you are struggling with your nails. Smiley Sad]

Keeping your feet up is a good idea  Reddi- I’ve probably mentioned it before but I had to moisturise my feet without rubbing too hard then wrap them in cling film before putting them up!  It did seem to help but I was meant to do it three times a day which was impractical!  

I remenver - your chemo was new-adjuvant wasn’t it so Its good they are getting on with surgery now.  

I really will be thinking of you,  I will  lose my nipples on both sides as the remaining cancer cells were found underneath the one on the right and they have to cut around where my previous scars are anyway so the nerves won’t survive. I don’t remember having an ECG before surgery but I did have one prior to starting chemo.  I really will be thinking of you on 13th.  Take Care and hope your hectic week is not too stressful xx

@cdc I don't have any more chemo -- just HER2 antibody injections -- so (more) self-care is probably what the doctors will order for my feet. I have to be at the chemo day unit for my injection tomorrow, however, so I'll have a little chat about it.

Also need to chase up something regarding my pre-surgery assessment: Before my sentinel lymph node biopsies in June, I was given an ECG, but not this time. I wonder if this was an oversight -- as Mx is a major surgery. Plus, my last MUGA heart scan was 25 Sep, so I have had 3 doses (soon 4) of Herceptin since then, and Herceptin can affect the heart. I'm probably overthinking it, but I think I need to call my new BCN in the morning to sort it out. Did any of you have an ECG before surgery?

On timing: because I haven't had any surgery to my breast just yet, my new surgeon wanted me to get in theatre within 6 weeks of my last chemo dose, particularly as the left IDC lesion has only just held steady this whole time, so getting it out, as well as the right DCIS, is a priority. She's on annual leave from 17 Dec til 8 Jan -- so 13 Dec for me 'tis.

Wow Reddi. Didn’t realise you’d be having surgery so soon. Sounds like you are very clued up on all the options. I do so hope you get the very best possible results.
Unfortunately the blisters sound like they could b chemo related- My onc was surprised that I got hand-foot syndrome so soon (my toes/feet started blistering about 48 hours after the first cycle of T) as it’s usually associated something you get towards the end of chemo so I would definitely get your feet checked out. So frustrating that your appointment was changed. I rang the chemo nurse when my feet blistered and was told to go in. That actually stopped the docetaxel immediately. That was when I got chambered to Paclitaxel. Do you still have one more cycle? I was told I need to wait at least six weeks after chemo before they will do surgery. Keeping Christmas simple sounds like a good plan after such a busy week of appointments and surgery Reddi!
Linda That’s an interesting question. I don’t think I’ve had a definitive answer but the consultant didn’t same too concerned at the thought I might need Radio after my MX and recon. It would only be in the right because at the Marsden they usually advise radio if the tumour is 5cm or above, I have been told radiotherapy would be less of a problem if I have a reconstructed breast using my own tissue, The open evening sounds very helpful. I wonder if I'll be offered something similar if I need radio.
Kip great idea to take the tamoxifen at night. Think I’ll try the same. I’m havimg hot flushes anyway and much as I dislike them I know what to expect.
Aargh got to say night, night as we have a new house rule - no screens for an hour between 7 and 8 pm!

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Great news Reddj, ill have everything crossed for good results all round so you get to keep the nipp!e!!!  Youve made me intrigued...  Whats the no present plam?  No presents for anyone orminimal or what??  Sohnds interesting...  Ive not finished my shoppjng as yet so some might not grt one anyany!!!  A few years back my SIL and brother and myself and OH all decied to only spend £5 on eaxh orher,.... Its actually good fun seeing what you can get!  

Sending festive wishes to you too 

Kip

Xx

@cdc Brava on speaking out at the conference. I am glad to hear that you are hoping to participate in future panels -- even while you are still undergoing treatment. 🙌

And... 🥁🥁🥁🥁 My surgery date has been set: this Thursday, 13 December! (Assuming my bloodwork shows that my immune system is adequately recovered.)

I am going forward with WLE on left and nipple-sparing mastectomy on right with immediate reconstruction using a prepectoral implant. If the tissue sample from the nipple on my mastectomy side comes back positive for cancer, then I'll have the nipple removed but keep the areola and the implant. If I'm one of the one in ten whose implant doesn't take, then I'll have to have it removed; there are a range of options at that point, and I've decided to wait to consider which option to take only if I face that situation. The left side is trickier, should the surgeons not get clear margins: my gut is to do a re-excision rather than go straight to mastectomy, but I may feel differently on the other side of surgery. So I'm going to wait and see for that, too. Right now, the plan is for radiotherapy on the left only, but that might change when we have the results of the pathology report after Christmas. Best news: I'll only have drains on the mastectomy side. Hurrah!

@Kip et al. I'm not sure when I'll start hormone therapy. Soon, I  hope. Although the side effects of tamoxifen etc. are daunting, hormone therapy really is the best treatment for reducing risk of recurrence if you are ER+. (As far as I know, I wasn't tested for hormone levels before starting chemo either.) I was told early in the process that the newest research is suggesting that extending hormone therapy beyond 10 years probably makes sense for women who are younger when diagnosed; but 10 years is a long time, especially in medical research. Who knows what new studies will find about the mix of tamoxifen versus AIs, or what new and  improved drugs might be developed. 

@cdc When you got the blisters on the soles of your feet, at what stage in your cycle did they show up? I strangely developed blisters across the ball and heel of both feet on Monday (day 18 of cycle 7), worsening and sliding up the side of the foot that has some ground contact on Tuesday, receding slowly from Thursday. It seems so late to be getting a brand-new side effect, but I actually did less walking in cycle 7 compared to earlier cycles, and I'm not one to get blisters on my soles. I've been trying to keep my feet elevated and moisturized, which may be helping. I'd planned to ask the oncologist and/or chemo day unit nurses about it -- but then my oncology appointment got moved from this past Wednesday to this coming Wednesday, and somehow, nobody wrote my prescription for my first Herceptin injection. So my CDU appointment for that had to be moved to this Monday. By the time I see anyone, most of my blisters may be calluses.

Looking forward to the busy week ahead at the hospital: Herceptin injection Monday, more bloodwork Tuesday, oncology and ophthalmology Wednesday, surgery Thursday morning, discharge (hopefully) Friday evening.

Then 🎄! I overdid it this week and got a wee tree with my blistered feet, since that and some roast chicken thighs will be our celebration this year. (OH isn't a cook.) We've decided this year is the year to finally try our experiment of no gifts. (My parents and SIL have not agreed to this experiment, and it didn't make sense to insist on it.) There will, however, be chocolates. 

I know many of us will be super busy over the next couple weeks, so taking the chance now to wish y'all a warm & wonderful holiday and an abundance of good health & happiness in 2019!

CDC Did they say if the reconstruction would be effected by radiotherapy if you need it? I start radiotherapy on the 17th for 4 weeks. As my tissue is dense it should have less effect but probably not the case if you have had reconstruction. I went to an open evening so saw behind the scenes of the radiotherapy department. Glad that you are happier now with how things are progressing.x

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Clare, glad to hear you are moving forward in terms of next steps.  Intersting that you had a blood test to ascertain your menopause status...  I never had anything!  I know how you feel about taking the tamoxifen. I stared at the box and read the leaflets over a d over before committing.  I take mine at about 9pm as i tthought if any major side effects i may sleep through them.  So far i am gettjng the odd hot flush, probably no more than i was during chemo, odd one during the night but not extreme.  I also have the aches and pains which can be attributed to chemo SEs but also menopause and tamoxifen.  Ive read lots of threads on here where women are having the aching since being on tamoxifen so its hhard to work out what is causing it.  I am taking magnesium and zinc supplements as advised by my Onc nurse and the aches are definitely improved.  Apart from that no other problems so far.  I have read that some people find different brands effect them differently so its a bit of a wait n see i think. Enjoy your nights out before you start then uou can enjoy them without worrying.

Kip

Hi Everyone
I had an appointment with the medical oncologist today so interested to see how everyone is getting on with various treatments. I still won’t know if i’ll Have radiotherapy until after my op it seems. Sorry to hear you’re still achey and stiff Kip. Hope the seroma is starting to go down. I can understand your feelings being back at the hospital regularly. I’ve had a few appointments at The Marsden and it does feel like I’m back on the hospital appointment treadmill although it’s good to have a change of scenery and interesting to see how treatment differs. Great that you’ve joined the Breast Density Matters Facebook page. I’ll see if I can find you! My oncologist today was at the same conference and said ‘good for yiu’ when I told her the reason why. She knew all about dense tissue masking the tumours but even she was shocked that when comparing my MRI images with the mammograms taaken the previous week it is still impossible to see my tumours on the latter.

Sally How frustrating that none of the prosthesis in stock were right. I do hope that you are seen again quickly and a suitable one is found. Also that you get a mammogram soon. Talking of things being overdue my previous hospital should have responded to my complaint by now or let me know that they need more time so I am going to have to chase that up which is a pain. Grrrrrr!

ktk I hope the Piriton is working. An itchy boob does not sound pleasant. Are you getting stiff after radiotherapy? Is it partly because you have to stay in an awkward position? Glad you didn’t get the tiredness.

Shi The Conference was an amazing experience and I was glad to talk to a number of people who were interested to hear my story and recognised that there is a real need fo educate people about verse dense tissue. If more effective screening was available there would be more chance to find tumours at a smaller and less advanced stage so less radical treatment would be needed.

Hi RedRose. How are you getting on with the radiotherapy? I hope you have been SE free.

Reddi Have you got a date for surgery yet? Been thinking of you. Looks like I’ll be having mine mid to late January. The Marsden are offering me either a tummy DIEP or the TUG procedure using the inner thighs, Got till 19th December to read up on both ops and decide which will work better for me. Having said that I will have a CT scan a few days before which should confirm which area has the best bloody supply which will obviously helps with the decision.

I came home from the hospital with my first months supply of Tamoxifen. I keep looking at the box. My oncologist says that they usually try women on tamoxifen for a couple of years first in my situation - early fifties and pre-menopausal before chemo. My blood tests showed my hormones look as though I’m in menopaise but because I’ve only just finished chemo they are unreliable. They usually test hormone levels before chemo but Barts didn’t do this. They’ll retest in a couple of years if not earlier and I might go on to Letrozole. She says whatever I am on I’ll be on it for ten years if not longer as so,e of the more recent research is suggesting ER+ women should keep taking it,

I’ve also been asked if I’ll go on the Monarch E trial-using a drug which is already used for secondary cancers to see if it is helpful in preventing recurrence in women with primary BC. The side effects all look rather grim, I do like the idea of helping with research but I think my body might need a rest! I think there are some discussions on this,thread about the trial so I’ll see if I can locate them.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I’m wondering about starting the tamoxifen on Monday rather than tomorrow as I have two Christmas Parties to go to. I’d like to be side effect free for those at least. Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

Xxx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi KTK, so far so good with me, only had 6 so far though.  No soreness or itching but my arm on that side is very stiff and gets quite tight, so interesting you say you've had to up the stretching too.   Sometimes I get tightness right down to my wrist on that side and have to really stretch it out... I think I am going to pop into the Breast Clinic in Monday after Rads to see if someone can check it out for me, the seroma seems a bit larger too and that was really disappearing before rads started.   Otherwise its ok, bit tiresome and I hate being back in the hospital amongst all the signs for cancer etc... just want to be out in the real world and trying to forget (wishful thinking).   I'll check I have some piriton ready in case I need it then.

SallyG - what a disappointment with the prosthesis.  I'm going to attempt to get one after xmas when Rads are complete, although I am quite comfy with the Knitted Knockers but would like to see what a proper one looks/feels like.   Frustrating for you to be over looked for the mammogram too, bloody nightmare, just what you don't want.

Kip

xx

ktk

Hi Kip, my boob is very itchy. The tiny blisters have dried up. I’ve taken Piriton and used antihistamine cream to relieve the itch. All looks very dry this morning. Also I have found that I have had to up the stretching exercises again on both sides. I have had the occasional shooting pain in my bad boob. Other than that I didn’t get the expected tiredness at all. How are you doing? Kx

Just had a prosthesis fitting at the hospital. They have nothing in stock suitable for me despite ordering a special one which doesn't fit. They are going to order some more and I'll have to go back again to try them. BCN is also going to chase up my next mammogram because I should be on annual now for the remaining boob. I had the last one in October 2017 so that's overdue.
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

KTK - just wondered how you are feeling post radio?

Kip

xx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks Shi.. still no dancing in the rads lounge but I think I am about 20 years younger than everyone else there.. bit weird really.  I got to know all about the man next to me's bowel cancer.. never thought I'd be doing that this time last year!  

CDC - You just popped up on my Facebook page.. . I joined the facebook page for Breast Density Matters yesterday... how did it go!  You look great by the way!

Rads No 5 today, all going well,  no problems so far.   Aches and pains still with me but I think they are improving slowly.. either that or I am getting used to them.  Either way I'm feeling ok at the moment.  Unfortunately my OH has a colleague whose wife is starting chemo today for breast cancer.. she is so scared but not happy to talk to anyone about it at the moment..I've been sending him tips and this site too and he's reading up for her.  Poor lady is in denial about the hair loss and the hospital have advised her to cut her hair short asap before it starts going.  Sadly her 2nd FEC will take place on Christmas Eve... how unfair... It brought it all flooding back to me.. that first trip to chemo...she's having FEC-T x 6 and is HER+ too.  So thinking of her today  and re-living the chemo..Smiley Frustrated

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Cdc hope the conference goes well make sure your voice is heard for all of us 😘😘kip told you rads was ok darling 😁😁glad you are doing well in the 😎😎lounge. Just pace yourselves and rest when your body tells you to rest, keep the fluids going too even after finishing rads and cream, cream, cream for about a month after too 💪💪💪get your meet up planned, you all deverve a special treat 😁😁😁 bit of Whitney Houston’s one moment in time on the jukebox for you lovely ladies ❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

OMG that is fab CDC... daunting I can imagine but very important and like you say there will be others in the same boat.. I can just imagine you all having a little siesta half way through.   Sorry to hear the neuropathy is still being a pain (literally)... I imagined I would finish chemo and bounce back... seems it doesn't work that way. I did some searching and reading on this site yesterday regarding Tamoxifen and its side effects and there are so many women all having the same aches and pains as me and all on Tamoxifen too, it has to be that and the induced menopause that does it.   Apparently you need an amount of oestrogen for your joints/muscles and when they suppress it, you can suffer the aches and pains.  Not sure how you address it though, some ONCs seem to agree with it some just say its not related.  A friend told me that she knows of ladies who suffered this way and it settled after a few months, so I am going to try to continue with the Tamoxifen for a while (haven't even had it a month yet) and also give the chemo and rads time to leave the system and then address it.   Apart from the aches and pains I feel fine really, I'm sleeping better, still waking up like a 150 year old but at least getting some sleep.  I think the Epsom salts do help a bit, they certainly relax me and get me ready for bed if nothing else.  I am also taking Magnesium, Zinc and Vit D to see if that helps, and somebody suggested glucosamine but I need to get these checked to see if I can take them with Rads.  The chap doing mine yesterday didn't know but is finding out for me.  So far Rads have been easy, no pain or soreness yet but expect that builds up.   Its just so time consuming going back and forth to the hospital and I haven't even done Xmas shopping yet.. not sure when I can fit that in eeek!

Let us know how the conference goes...

Kip

xx

How did it go today Kip?  So sorry you’re still so achey. Do you think the Epsom Salts help at all?   I was so desperately tired yesterday and for some bizarre reason my neuropathy is back and making walking for any distance more of a challenge.  I think I’d underestimated how much I’d still be affected with SEs now my chemo has stopped.Was going to try and take it easy tomorrow but got invited Cheryl Cruwys co-founder of Breast Density Matters to take part in the Britain Against Cancer conference tomorrow.  Gulp!  Feeling daunted but excited!  There will be other people going through treatment there so I presume the organisers will understand if we all end up having to sit down and have a nap!  

How is eveyrone doong at the moment?  Thinking of you all xxx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Ha ha Shi,  perhaps I can enlist the prostate pals too!   Got a full week of Rads this week, first one at 2.45pm today... still feeling ok with it, just these aching joints... omg... don't think I can do a good dance to Push It.. more like... "Achy Brakey" by Billy Ray Cyrus!

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh kip 😘😘just get up and have a 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Pretend you are dancing with me 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁 bit of push it by salt n peppa 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻🤪🤪🤪🤪you are ticking them off nicely now 👍👍👍💕💕✨✨Shi xx
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Shi,

Unfortunately no dancers at my Rads so far... only the 3 "prostrate pals" ( my new name for them as they love to discuss their prostrates loudly for everyone to hear)..  maybe I'll meet some new ones tomorrow?   I had to keep myself busy with a jigsaw again instead.  

Kip

xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Kip did you manage to get any 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻To join you today at 😎😎😎 bit of the greatest showman soundtrack ‘this is me’ needs to be played from your phone in the waiting area to give you all a 👭👭👭💪💪💪💪💪of how amazing and incredible you all are 😁😁😁😁keep slapping on the creams, airing the skin and keeping the fluids flowing, you are all doing great and any concerns over your skin tell them you want it looked at don’t wait for your reviews, keep safe ❤️❤️💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh that's good KTK, I keep looking at my skin and wondering what's going on in there!
ktk

I didn’t feel sore at all during the treatment. Just itchy like sunburn at the end. I also just wore a vest type ‘bra’, without seams or tight bands. X
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Shi - no potential boogiers at my RT session today, infact quite a dull lot to be honest... not a word from anyone.  Just two old guys discussing their prostrates!  Smiley Frustrated  Maybe tomorrow...

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Well done RedRose, 4 done!  My first one today, was fine, felt a bit weird just laying there, kept expecting some rays of light or something!   I didn't even wear a bra, only having the one very flat boob left its not really noticeable for me so I just wore a very soft vest top.   Do you feel sore yet?  I completely forgot to cream before I left hospital, I had it in my bag but was in a hurry to leave.  Must remember tomorrow, oh and tonight too.

Kip

x

ktk

I took a tube of moisturiser with me and used it before I got dressed again! Just to let you know that my boob is nevertheless dried up and itchy. Maybe a bit blistery! Kx