63411members
333622posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2019 chemo starters

Re: June 2019 chemo starters

Yes Ruby I am. Docetaxel. Everyone pulls a face at that one. Haven’t read up on it yet til finished my FEC because just managing each bit at a time but have an uneasy feeling about the 3 lots of D!!! Zx

Love the turban! Look good, feel better is fab. The bit about eyebrows is really good if at some point yours might go (are you having a taxol after fec?) enjoy your almost normality before Thursday!
@Zed51 wrote:

Hi all. My third FEC on Thursday so I’m trying cram in nice things again before grottiness sets in. Went Splendour on Saturday our local festival, met up with some friends I’ve known since I was 5 yesterday who are visiting on holiday, going Look Good Feel Better makeup session this pm. Being rubbish at applying makeup at the best of times it might teach me something after all these years of getting it wrong! My hair is cut to number 3 & seems to have stopped shedding but the sides completely gone so have been wearing hats etc when out. Also for sun reasons. Bought a turban type thing. Not confident in my scarf tying. Out for lunch tomorrow so shall wear that then! (Without the label hanging out the back though!)

7E1ACA56-D3F4-45F9-BBC0-89A95E78ACF2.jpeg

Hi all. My third FEC on Thursday so I’m trying cram in nice things again before grottiness sets in. Went Splendour on Saturday our local festival, met up with some friends I’ve known since I was 5 yesterday who are visiting on holiday, going Look Good Feel Better makeup session this pm. Being rubbish at applying makeup at the best of times it might teach me something after all these years of getting it wrong! My hair is cut to number 3 & seems to have stopped shedding but the sides completely gone so have been wearing hats etc when out. Also for sun reasons. Bought a turban type thing. Not confident in my scarf tying. Out for lunch tomorrow so shall wear that then! (Without the label hanging out the back though!)

7E1ACA56-D3F4-45F9-BBC0-89A95E78ACF2.jpeg

Hi ladies

Yes, glad everyone ok-ish. It’s really an eye-opener Reading how different everyone’s treatment is. I’m so grateful for the fundraising and research which has gone into BC so we can have such individual treatment.

Ive been at a music festival last 2 days and have my bestie arriving from the USA today so out all afternoon! Enjoying my ‘normal’ life before my 3rd EC chemo on Monday morning. 

Feeling the benefit of my shaved head. I sport various looks: wig🙍🏼‍♀️, headscarves👳🏻‍♀️, hats👩🏻‍🌾, and nothing 👩🏻‍🦲! But so glad I did it as felt I was in control of something at last. 

Enjoy your Sunday and I’ll be back next week to see how you lovely and amazing ladies are getting on 💕🤗🥰

Hey ruby glad your ok, I was thinking the same about how quiet it is, perhaps were all feeling ok atm. My next lot is Wednesday. I’ve had a really good 12 days after a crap 9 xxx

Hello ladies! Really quiet on here, how are you all doing?

I had second Abraxane (nab paclitaxel) Wednesday, half dose only but went in no reactions and side effects minimal, fatigue and a bit of the trots 💩 nothing horrendous though. Got another weekly one next Wednesday then rest week then onto full dose I guess! The Carboplatin seems to have been much better this time as well so not too bad here! Ruby xx

How was the Paclitaxel yesterday ?? x

No wonder the oncology nurse said ‘let’s het you through you 4 EC before we talk about the 12 weeks of Paclitaxel’! 🤣🤣🤣

I hope you’re both doing ok with your headaches and scan shows nothing sinister.

I’m in my dream, feeling great, pre-chemo week so enjoyed a beautiful summers day with my nieces who are over from Australia. 🏝💖 😘😘😘

Hiya, scan showed nothing untoward, ‘‘twas just a hideous Filgrastim side effect! No headaches this time but have today  swallowed 4 dexemethasone as part of my pre med before today’s nab Paclitaxel so am expecting tears and roid rage! Good they are doing a scan, will hopefully put your mind at rest. Xx
@mini mad wrote:

Hi Ruby,

just been for my review with chemo dr and told them about my constant headaches.  Say its a se from all the different meds but

they're gonna do a head scan, which i'm pleased about,  just to be sure nothing is going on.

seem to recall you had a scan after your nightmare migraine ??  Did it show anything ?? 

Mini mad xx 💖💖

Hi Ruby,

just been for my review with chemo dr and told them about my constant headaches.  Say its a se from all the different meds but

they're gonna do a head scan, which i'm pleased about,  just to be sure nothing is going on.

seem to recall you had a scan after your nightmare migraine ??  Did it show anything ?? 

Mini mad xx 💖💖

Mine start in about 7 weeks I have 4 over 8 weeks x

@mini mad wrote:

Hi Alvilajo

yep i'm on my 7th Paclitaxel this coming friday.

side effects come and go then come back again.

my worst are headaches and bone pain.

when do you start yours ??  Mini mad xx

Hi Mini mad

thanks for the info. I’m st a similar stage to Alvilajo. 3rd EC this coming Monday. 4th mid Aug and Paclitaxel starts September for 12 weeks. 

Hope you’re doing okay...🤗😘

Hi Alvilajo

yep i'm on my 7th Paclitaxel this coming friday.

side effects come and go then come back again.

my worst are headaches and bone pain.

when do you start yours ??  Mini mad xx

Hi ya, anyone on placlitaxel as that’s what I’m after the last two ec. How are side effects on it ? Xxx vic

I think they are ulcers but they are not so painful now 

@Shi wrote:

Alvilajo, I found compeed helped with cold sores, check with unit you can use though just to be on safe side. Ruby Thursday ❤️ Nothing wrong with having a grump on Hun 😁💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Wow chicken 👏👏👏👏👏absolutely fantastic big thank you to you and your team ❤️❤️❤️Amazing 👍💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Chicken81 that is amazing well done!! 

I might need some running tips. Was managing parkrun every week before this. Might try 5k your way cancer support group to get me back into it. Nowhere near your achievement- you should be so proud! Zx

Wow!!

That's amazing. Well done you guys xxx

That’s fantastic, well done you :-) what an achievement xx
@Chicken81 wrote:

IMG_20190714_184652_987.jpg

Ran the race for life yesterday with my team. 

Online raised £2200 but still got cash to collect in this week.

Was really good to do something like this. 

Made a good day of it and we all went for food n drinks too. 

IMG_20190714_184652_987.jpg

Ran the race for life yesterday with my team. 

Online raised £2200 but still got cash to collect in this week.

Was really good to do something like this. 

Made a good day of it and we all went for food n drinks too. 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Alvilajo, I found compeed helped with cold sores, check with unit you can use though just to be on safe side. Ruby Thursday ❤️ Nothing wrong with having a grump on Hun 😁💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Sorry to read you're feeling down today Ruby,  it seems to hit all of us at some time.

lansoprazole didnt do anything for my heartburn so the dr in my chemo unit prescribed Omeprazole, loads better thank goodness.

how is everybody's appetite ?   Im more or less eating as normal,  had a little nausea but no actual sickness.  Guess we're all feeling different se...   mini mad xx 💖💖

Hello ladies, I have spent most of today weepy or grumpy and generally really down. Suffering with heartburn despite the lansoprozole, feet sore and no motivation to do anything, sick to death of all the sport today. I am blaming the steroids but I might just be a grumpy 🐄😊 

Ruby xx

Hi minimad

I was going to increase them but I felt better so didn't, I had 8 low days and I'm convinced it's the treatment and steroids etc, my chemos on the wednesday and my injections finish on the following Thursday and thats the period I felt crap. Hope that helps. 

At the moment I've got cold sores on my lips which are so sore, that's normally a run down symptom isn't it 😞 xxx

@mini mad wrote:

Hey Alvilajo,

hoping your sunday is going good 👍

you mentioned in a previous post that you're on Sertraline,  as am i and you were thinking about increasing the dose.   Did you do it ?   Some days my mood is soo low.... but saying that , yesterday i felt like ' me '....  think it was the steroid from my treatment on friday 😁😁    Mini mad xx 💖

Hey Alvilajo,

hoping your sunday is going good 👍

you mentioned in a previous post that you're on Sertraline,  as am i and you were thinking about increasing the dose.   Did you do it ?   Some days my mood is soo low.... but saying that , yesterday i felt like ' me '....  think it was the steroid from my treatment on friday 😁😁    Mini mad xx 💖

EnglishRose I think we are experiencing everything at the same time. After a week pontificating about it my husband has just shaved my hair. Pillow was too full of it this morning. Baseball cap look at mo. 💖 xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Do get your meet up planned, it does give everyone something to look forward to, it did us oct17 Chemo lot, we had a weekend in London and afternoon tea at The Arch it was ❤️❤️❤️ Do it via pm’s though or what’s app to keep it private with the threads being open to the world ❤️Trust me it will give you all something nice to focus on 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

🤣👊🏻 

we were literally sitting there for 7 minutes last night!!! Half the audience had left. The other half knew to stay and wait...!

Hi EnglishRose2019

I'm currently box setting the whole of Marvel and have learnt to get to the end of the credits!

Enjoy your birds english rose it’s all sparrows in mine 💕 certainly cooler with no hair 😘

Sorry you are all having a hard time of it atm☹️☹️☹️ I’m in the honeymoon period of early on in the chemo but so good to know you will be there for my dark days too. 

Know what you mean about the invites drying up ... I’ve got long-standing arrangements for next 2 weekends then zilch 😠. 

And Vic, definitely get meds sorted for depression. You do not want that to dig deep whilst your body is coping with the chemo. 

And on another note, I’m getting my hair shaved off this evening... never liked it anyway 😉

Big hugs ladies. Stay safe in the shade. And glad we all keeping positive vibes and finding something each day to make us happy 🙏. Right now I can hear a bird twittering in the garden. It might be the goldfinch we found nesting yesterday 🤗😘

Highlighted

Hey girls sounds like we’re all struggling with mood tiredness etc. I rang the doctors this morning for something for heartburn, was told no more call backs I’ll  have to wait til Monday, rang oncology they rang surgery and told them off so I’m waiting for a call back now. Also they are arranging for me to chat with their therapist as I’m still so low, I’ve decided to up my sertraline, I’ve always said I can cope with anything except depression and unfortunately this is the case (horrible chemo) such a shame we don’t all live local, I’m sitting in the garden having fruit toast and a cuppa waiting for my grandchildren to come round, the paddling pools up and I’m sure the slide will be put into it. Anyway cheers to a lovely day and hats off to us for being so brave and strong 😘😘😘😘vic xxxx

Hey Ruby,

my hospital will call me if bloods were not good so assume im having the treatment.

im retired but still find each day a drag..i am used to seeing friends and. i read a lot but nothing is staying in my head and i like being outside in my garden but no energy n find the sun hot even though im covered up... i love the sun...  we have a border collie called Micky so i manage a short walk with him in the mornings unless im feeling rubbish.

Nothing worse for me than people around you being ' normal '...  this feeling i have today will pass,

stay strong ladies.  Mini mad xx💖💖

Minimad! You are half way there! Go you!

i am ok, full of steroids, acid tablets and anti sickness tabs, got sore feet and tired but otherwise ok thanks.

i too am sick of it all and can’t wait to be done, the boredom is the worst bit. I am used to full time work, long hours and a reasonable social life. Invites tend to dry up a bit when people hear the words cancer or chemo. And it is tricky as you never really know how you will feel at any time!

Were your bloods all ok?

Ruby xx

@mini mad wrote:

Hi Lisamcl.   Hope the second was better for you.  And welcome to our group of lovely ladies xx

hi Ruby,  you still ok after your treatment on wednesday ?? Xx

got my 6th of 12 Paclitaxel at 12.00

dont know about anyone else but im feeling really low,  so fed up with feeling unwell and not knowing what se each day will bring 😔😔😔😔

wednesday was a good day but yesterday i was dizzy n sicky feeling and had to go give bloods at hospital....  so wish this was all over....☹️☹️  Mini mad xx 💖💖

Hi Lisamcl.   Hope the second was better for you.  And welcome to our group of lovely ladies xx

hi Ruby,  you still ok after your treatment on wednesday ?? Xx

got my 6th of 12 Paclitaxel at 12.00

dont know about anyone else but im feeling really low,  so fed up with feeling unwell and not knowing what se each day will bring 😔😔😔😔

wednesday was a good day but yesterday i was dizzy n sicky feeling and had to go give bloods at hospital....  so wish this was all over....☹️☹️  Mini mad xx 💖💖

Hello Lisa and welcome yo the group. 

Nicky thank you for the tip, away to see that tonight with my little boy y and nieces. We always see all the Marvel films. 

Update on sore hand and arm, it's now two wks since second EC and it's much better. Almost back to normal, but not 100%

Thinking chemo is the other arm next wk. 

Race of life this Sunday. 44 of us on my team so we're making a day of it and having drinks n food after, looking forward to it.

Apparently this Yr is the first Yr for men and children to be involved, glad they changed that then. 

Welcome lisamcl, hope second dose is kinder, I am also hoping same thing, had my second carboplatin/nab paclitaxel on Wednesday, still riding on the steroids but no Filgrastrim this time so very nervous of neutropenia. 

Ruby xx

@lisamcl wrote:

Hi

I’m new to this forum. Started my chemo three weeks ago after surgery. Original plan was 4 x EC over 8 weeks followed by 12 x P over 12 weeks. Thing is I had 4 nights in hospital with neutropenia after the first cycle so now might get my plan changed. 

Had second dose this Tuesday just gone so waiting to see how that goes before my oncologist will decide. 

Ps. Up late as just back from movies watching Spider-Man 🕷. It’s good 😁. If you go stay to the end end of the credits!!!

Hi & welcome🤗

I’ve only been on here myself after my second round of EC I had on 1 July. Everyone has been really lovely and is good to have a place to go where people really do know what you’re going through. Hope you’re ok after the 2nd round? Sounded a bit of s nightmare last time. That must’ve been scary. I’m doing 4xEC every 3 weeks then 12 x Taxol, but I didn’t start until 7 weeks after mastectomy, so you’ve had quite a time of it. Really feeling for you. 

Nicky x

Hi

I’m new to this forum. Started my chemo three weeks ago after surgery. Original plan was 4 x EC over 8 weeks followed by 12 x P over 12 weeks. Thing is I had 4 nights in hospital with neutropenia after the first cycle so now might get my plan changed. 

Had second dose this Tuesday just gone so waiting to see how that goes before my oncologist will decide. 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

English Rose 🤣😂🤣we’ve all been there 💩 back up, i’ll Send the scrape you off the ceiling rescue squad because you’ll need them when you do go 😁 chin up tho, t can send it running the other way like a river and you need Imodium and up your carbs 👍💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Nothing worse than not being able to ' go '.... especially if you have stomach pains .

i tried sugar free liquorice when i had stopped going... one small piece for 2 days...  

then relief !!

hope you find something that ' moves ' you.

mini mad xx

Girls, I’m finding the constipation worse 2nd time. Thought I was being proactive. Senoket night before, and plenty of fruit, fibre, water, one movicol per day, walking, flax etc etc . Took a hot curry on Sunday night (chemo had been Monday) for any movement and nothing since💩😦. Silver lining is I expect my weight to drop considerably when it happens 😬😁

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Botty back up tips, baby bum wipes, anosol and senokot/movical. My chemo was thursdays so I started laxatives on the Monday after just for about 2-3 days till system got back to normal 😲hope that helps 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Yes. Thought I’d escaped constipation this 2nd time. No such luck. Horrible. Going try be proactive next round too! Zx

Had my picline flushed today and learnt that constipation can make you feel really sick, which it had twice with me. I thought I just had a weak tummy so now I know to start treatment for constipation a day or two before next round 😳. 

If you meant me, it’s in two weeks xxx

@mini mad wrote:

How was your number 3 treatment today ? Xx

How was your number 3 treatment today ? Xx

My 1st &2nd ec we’re so different. So hoping number 3 a little kinder x

Hi Vic

That’s good news re chemo tweak.

Unfortunately the constant dull ache is something we have to get used to perhaps 😕. I’m hoping the one I’ve had since last night won’t turn into another migraine...

My 2nd round of EC has pretty much been the mirrored the first but just took more meds to counteract the nausea the first few days. Days  5&6 are my absolute worst for fatigue. 

It sounds like she might have been talking about antihistamine which is normally used for hay fever and allergic reactions. Not sure what reason it was being recommended for you though, so sorry not much help there!