62856members
330468posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2019 chemo starters

Re: June 2019 chemo starters

Dont know ???   Maybe its the type of bc and the stage/grade?? I was Triple Negative grade 3.

i also have Carboplatin every 3 week...    yes we had storms last night.  Where in Kent are you ?

i have family in Kent.  xx

I bought a fan today as unbearable last night in Kent. Thunderstorms didn’t help either, hope u pick up soon I wonder why the treatments are so different my Paclitaxel is gonna be two weekly for 8 weeks. I never asked what my score was on benefits of chemo as was to nervous but now I want to know x

@mini mad wrote:

Hi Vic,

thank heavens its a little cooler today 😉😉  im up here in Norfolk n been so hot , but we're all suffering arent we 🥵🥵🥵🥵

i didnt have my weekly 8th  Paclitaxel today as ive been rough for 4 days so they are giving me a week  off but back to normal next week.

i still have my eyebrows and lashes,  wondering if i'm gonna keep them.... got 4 more treatments to go ??   Hoping everyone is coping with all of this.... BIG HUGS.  Xx 💖💖mini mad

Thanks and all graphic detail gratefully received 🤣🤣🤣. I’m drinking loads of fluids as well as appropriate laxatives. It just seems to block and bloat for a week which is vvv unpleasant. Sorry if I’ve put anyone off their lunch 🥪😬

Will look at YouTube this afternoon to while away some time lying on the sofa 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks Mini 😘

Hi Vic,

thank heavens its a little cooler today 😉😉  im up here in Norfolk n been so hot , but we're all suffering arent we 🥵🥵🥵🥵

i didnt have my weekly 8th  Paclitaxel today as ive been rough for 4 days so they are giving me a week  off but back to normal next week.

i still have my eyebrows and lashes,  wondering if i'm gonna keep them.... got 4 more treatments to go ??   Hoping everyone is coping with all of this.... BIG HUGS.  Xx 💖💖mini mad

Morning,

constipation is a real bummer !!!

are you drinking enough fluids ?  I just had 2x 15ml doses of lactulose and everything " kicked into action " ..... if you understand... 🤪🤪

also.... pls excuse this graphic detail but when i had my hysterectomy and everything kinda just stopped bcause i couldnt push,  was told to vaseline a finger and push up inside to try n ease things thru.... manually...

also recently i found on utube how to do a colonic massage...  worked for me n now i do it gently every day...  good luck.  Mini mad xx 💖💖

Yes I saw the tattoos, very brave ladies xx

Hi Vic

Glad this round is proving better for you as it was so bad last time. I seem to have zero luck with my constipation. I eat so healthily, take laxatives and drink water but still nothing happens 😡

Cooler today and hope your grandkids kept spraying you yesterday! My incredibly tender skin started up again so not a great sleep and will need to take it easy today but know it will pass by Sunday. 

I’ve still got eyelashes and eyebrows but my tall teenage son informed me I am definitely thinning on top! Hoping to keep them for another round still. 

On another note I have been LOVING the mastectomy tattoos on social media this week. Have you ladies seen any of them?? I was planning to get my first ever tattoo in a couple of years for my 50th...think I might have found a better option to the ankle lotus flower now things have changed 😬 https://twitter.com/bccare/status/1153699301727657984?s=21

Take care all 💗🤗😘

I’m more prepared for this round, I’ve got my lactoluse and started it early. anti histamines for the injections, started mouthwash early. Need to get some Cavilon spray as plasters taking my skin off where pic line is. Day two since chemo feeling ok, but heady but might be weather and storms. Has anyone lost eye brows or lashes yet, I haven’t yet but was wondering when!. I’ve still got a stubble on top of my head but back and sides not so much. Anyway hope you all have the best day you can. Thinking of you all xxx vic xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘😘👭👭😘😘😘everyone keep plenty of water flushing through especially in this 🥵weather, you are doing great 👭👭amazing beautiful people ❤️❤️💕💕✨✨Shi xx

I hope you feel better soon too. I’m ok at the moment feeling better than last round. My granddaughters cooling me down with a water pistol at the moment lol. Ive got one more ec then half way there. Hope everyone else is ok and not feeling down xxx 😘

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

Yup. I was out dog walking at a snails pace this morning but at least it was cooler in the woods and the doggy was so happy to be out. 

Good luck today Zed51. I have to confess this 3rd round of EC appears to be taking more of a toll but it could be combined with the weather. 

Take care everyone and drink plenty of water🥵. Hoping my spirits and me feeling rubbish will lift somewhat later on 😔💕☀️

Yup. I was out dog walking at a snails pace this morning but at least it was cooler in the woods and the doggy was so happy to be out. 

Good luck today Zed51. I have to confess this 3rd round of EC appears to be taking more of a toll but it could be combined with the weather. 

Take care everyone and drink plenty of water🥵. Hoping my spirits and me feeling rubbish will lift somewhat later on 😔💕☀️

hello everyone 

just been dog walk at 9 and it’s boiling. Not looking forward to third chemo today in sweltering hospital 

I looked up cheese the other day as wanted to know re paneer as my favourite curry. This was the most helpful thing I found: 

https://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/resources/patient-information/cancer/diet-and-chemotherapy.pdf 

And parmesan and paneer both on safe list! 

I think you’ll be fine with Parmesan cheese. I hope your chemo went ok today. I feeling dreadful tonight 😔

xxx

Hi I noticed today that Parmesan cheese is made from unpasteurised milk, is this a no no for us on chemo as it’s not a soft cheese? X

Hi @EnglishRose2019

My oncologist has put me on an accelerated program that has only recently been shown to be effective for the type of cancer I have.

I should be on 4 cycles of EC fortnightly and 12 cycles of paclitaxel weekly. I ended up in hospital after the first dose so that delayed the second dose by a week.

I am expecting my fourth dose of EC to be on 6th August and then I'm not sure whether they will wait 2 weeks to start the paclitaxel. Assuming I start the weekly cycles when I expect then it will be Bonfire Night before I finish.

Day 2 has been good just flipping hot, my worst day seems to be day 5 but the oncologist thinks that's a reaction to the pegfilgrastim rather than the chemo because it is like the glands in my neck blow up.

It has been hot!!! So you’re a day after me Lisamcl. I find day 2 not so bad. Tomorrow won’t be so great. I put on a cooling face mask and cold eye pack and felt great for an hour this afternoon. Highly recommend it 🥶. Also shaving my head to a no.3 was a brilliant decision. 

I find it so interesting and intriguing why they have changed you to a 2 week cycle... are you having 12 weeks for taxol afterwards? That will take me through to beginning of December and tbh I’m not looking forward to those dark months. 

I hope you don’t mind me prying and I know they target everyone’s treatment to their needs. Now off to watch ❤️🏝😬

Hi everyone

Had my third EC dose today on a two week cycle for the first time - had a "normal" three week cycle between dose one and two - not looking forward to what that might mean from a SE perspective but we will see.

How is everyone holding up in this delightful heat? My excuse for moaning is I'm English and it's a national pastime to moan about the weather - however much as I never wanted to go through this I'm beginning to think doing it in winter would be better Smiley LOL

Anyway onwards and upwards

There is definitely an unfair edge to the weight gain, I remember thinking when I was first diagnosed trust me to get the type of cancer where weight gain is common! Don’t worry about it I would say, plenty of time when chemo is done to sort that out xx
@Alvilajo wrote:

3rd ec tomoz hoping for a nicer dose!!

hope your all ok. Oh and I need to start diet again I’ve been comfort eating and put a stone on since diagnosed. It’s so not fair 🙄xxx

It’s a weird one tbh, I found it much harder than fec personally but I know quite a few others who sailed through no issues at all so wait and see I guess 😊 I did lose my eyebrows though so knowing how to draw them on properly is a bonus! Xx
@Zed51 wrote:

Yes Ruby I am. Docetaxel. Everyone pulls a face at that one. Haven’t read up on it yet til finished my FEC because just managing each bit at a time but have an uneasy feeling about the 3 lots of D!!! Zx

So glad you’re enjoying your time Zed. I had such a great week and brought crashing back to earth with my 3rd EC yesterday. I hope yours goes ok tomorrow  alvilajo.

Loving the turban 👳🏻‍♀️ Zed.   I’ve still got a lot of grade 3 hair (though shedding profusely atm) so baring it but need to cover up in the sun☀️☀️☀️. So headscarf today. Far too hot for a wig...

tske care everyone 🌟☀️🏝💕

3rd ec tomoz hoping for a nicer dose!!

hope your all ok. Oh and I need to start diet again I’ve been comfort eating and put a stone on since diagnosed. It’s so not fair 🙄xxx

Yes Ruby I am. Docetaxel. Everyone pulls a face at that one. Haven’t read up on it yet til finished my FEC because just managing each bit at a time but have an uneasy feeling about the 3 lots of D!!! Zx

Love the turban! Look good, feel better is fab. The bit about eyebrows is really good if at some point yours might go (are you having a taxol after fec?) enjoy your almost normality before Thursday!
@Zed51 wrote:

Hi all. My third FEC on Thursday so I’m trying cram in nice things again before grottiness sets in. Went Splendour on Saturday our local festival, met up with some friends I’ve known since I was 5 yesterday who are visiting on holiday, going Look Good Feel Better makeup session this pm. Being rubbish at applying makeup at the best of times it might teach me something after all these years of getting it wrong! My hair is cut to number 3 & seems to have stopped shedding but the sides completely gone so have been wearing hats etc when out. Also for sun reasons. Bought a turban type thing. Not confident in my scarf tying. Out for lunch tomorrow so shall wear that then! (Without the label hanging out the back though!)

7E1ACA56-D3F4-45F9-BBC0-89A95E78ACF2.jpeg

Hi all. My third FEC on Thursday so I’m trying cram in nice things again before grottiness sets in. Went Splendour on Saturday our local festival, met up with some friends I’ve known since I was 5 yesterday who are visiting on holiday, going Look Good Feel Better makeup session this pm. Being rubbish at applying makeup at the best of times it might teach me something after all these years of getting it wrong! My hair is cut to number 3 & seems to have stopped shedding but the sides completely gone so have been wearing hats etc when out. Also for sun reasons. Bought a turban type thing. Not confident in my scarf tying. Out for lunch tomorrow so shall wear that then! (Without the label hanging out the back though!)

7E1ACA56-D3F4-45F9-BBC0-89A95E78ACF2.jpeg

Hi ladies

Yes, glad everyone ok-ish. It’s really an eye-opener Reading how different everyone’s treatment is. I’m so grateful for the fundraising and research which has gone into BC so we can have such individual treatment.

Ive been at a music festival last 2 days and have my bestie arriving from the USA today so out all afternoon! Enjoying my ‘normal’ life before my 3rd EC chemo on Monday morning. 

Feeling the benefit of my shaved head. I sport various looks: wig🙍🏼‍♀️, headscarves👳🏻‍♀️, hats👩🏻‍🌾, and nothing 👩🏻‍🦲! But so glad I did it as felt I was in control of something at last. 

Enjoy your Sunday and I’ll be back next week to see how you lovely and amazing ladies are getting on 💕🤗🥰

Highlighted

Hey ruby glad your ok, I was thinking the same about how quiet it is, perhaps were all feeling ok atm. My next lot is Wednesday. I’ve had a really good 12 days after a crap 9 xxx

Hello ladies! Really quiet on here, how are you all doing?

I had second Abraxane (nab paclitaxel) Wednesday, half dose only but went in no reactions and side effects minimal, fatigue and a bit of the trots 💩 nothing horrendous though. Got another weekly one next Wednesday then rest week then onto full dose I guess! The Carboplatin seems to have been much better this time as well so not too bad here! Ruby xx

How was the Paclitaxel yesterday ?? x

No wonder the oncology nurse said ‘let’s het you through you 4 EC before we talk about the 12 weeks of Paclitaxel’! 🤣🤣🤣

I hope you’re both doing ok with your headaches and scan shows nothing sinister.

I’m in my dream, feeling great, pre-chemo week so enjoyed a beautiful summers day with my nieces who are over from Australia. 🏝💖 😘😘😘

Hiya, scan showed nothing untoward, ‘‘twas just a hideous Filgrastim side effect! No headaches this time but have today  swallowed 4 dexemethasone as part of my pre med before today’s nab Paclitaxel so am expecting tears and roid rage! Good they are doing a scan, will hopefully put your mind at rest. Xx
@mini mad wrote:

Hi Ruby,

just been for my review with chemo dr and told them about my constant headaches.  Say its a se from all the different meds but

they're gonna do a head scan, which i'm pleased about,  just to be sure nothing is going on.

seem to recall you had a scan after your nightmare migraine ??  Did it show anything ?? 

Mini mad xx 💖💖

Hi Ruby,

just been for my review with chemo dr and told them about my constant headaches.  Say its a se from all the different meds but

they're gonna do a head scan, which i'm pleased about,  just to be sure nothing is going on.

seem to recall you had a scan after your nightmare migraine ??  Did it show anything ?? 

Mini mad xx 💖💖

Mine start in about 7 weeks I have 4 over 8 weeks x

@mini mad wrote:

Hi Alvilajo

yep i'm on my 7th Paclitaxel this coming friday.

side effects come and go then come back again.

my worst are headaches and bone pain.

when do you start yours ??  Mini mad xx

Hi Mini mad

thanks for the info. I’m st a similar stage to Alvilajo. 3rd EC this coming Monday. 4th mid Aug and Paclitaxel starts September for 12 weeks. 

Hope you’re doing okay...🤗😘

Hi Alvilajo

yep i'm on my 7th Paclitaxel this coming friday.

side effects come and go then come back again.

my worst are headaches and bone pain.

when do you start yours ??  Mini mad xx

Hi ya, anyone on placlitaxel as that’s what I’m after the last two ec. How are side effects on it ? Xxx vic

I think they are ulcers but they are not so painful now 

@Shi wrote:

Alvilajo, I found compeed helped with cold sores, check with unit you can use though just to be on safe side. Ruby Thursday ❤️ Nothing wrong with having a grump on Hun 😁💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Wow chicken 👏👏👏👏👏absolutely fantastic big thank you to you and your team ❤️❤️❤️Amazing 👍💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Chicken81 that is amazing well done!! 

I might need some running tips. Was managing parkrun every week before this. Might try 5k your way cancer support group to get me back into it. Nowhere near your achievement- you should be so proud! Zx

Wow!!

That's amazing. Well done you guys xxx

That’s fantastic, well done you :-) what an achievement xx
@Chicken81 wrote:

IMG_20190714_184652_987.jpg

Ran the race for life yesterday with my team. 

Online raised £2200 but still got cash to collect in this week.

Was really good to do something like this. 

Made a good day of it and we all went for food n drinks too. 

IMG_20190714_184652_987.jpg

Ran the race for life yesterday with my team. 

Online raised £2200 but still got cash to collect in this week.

Was really good to do something like this. 

Made a good day of it and we all went for food n drinks too. 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Alvilajo, I found compeed helped with cold sores, check with unit you can use though just to be on safe side. Ruby Thursday ❤️ Nothing wrong with having a grump on Hun 😁💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Sorry to read you're feeling down today Ruby,  it seems to hit all of us at some time.

lansoprazole didnt do anything for my heartburn so the dr in my chemo unit prescribed Omeprazole, loads better thank goodness.

how is everybody's appetite ?   Im more or less eating as normal,  had a little nausea but no actual sickness.  Guess we're all feeling different se...   mini mad xx 💖💖

Hello ladies, I have spent most of today weepy or grumpy and generally really down. Suffering with heartburn despite the lansoprozole, feet sore and no motivation to do anything, sick to death of all the sport today. I am blaming the steroids but I might just be a grumpy 🐄😊 

Ruby xx

Hi minimad

I was going to increase them but I felt better so didn't, I had 8 low days and I'm convinced it's the treatment and steroids etc, my chemos on the wednesday and my injections finish on the following Thursday and thats the period I felt crap. Hope that helps. 

At the moment I've got cold sores on my lips which are so sore, that's normally a run down symptom isn't it 😞 xxx

@mini mad wrote:

Hey Alvilajo,

hoping your sunday is going good 👍

you mentioned in a previous post that you're on Sertraline,  as am i and you were thinking about increasing the dose.   Did you do it ?   Some days my mood is soo low.... but saying that , yesterday i felt like ' me '....  think it was the steroid from my treatment on friday 😁😁    Mini mad xx 💖

Hey Alvilajo,

hoping your sunday is going good 👍

you mentioned in a previous post that you're on Sertraline,  as am i and you were thinking about increasing the dose.   Did you do it ?   Some days my mood is soo low.... but saying that , yesterday i felt like ' me '....  think it was the steroid from my treatment on friday 😁😁    Mini mad xx 💖

EnglishRose I think we are experiencing everything at the same time. After a week pontificating about it my husband has just shaved my hair. Pillow was too full of it this morning. Baseball cap look at mo. 💖 xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Do get your meet up planned, it does give everyone something to look forward to, it did us oct17 Chemo lot, we had a weekend in London and afternoon tea at The Arch it was ❤️❤️❤️ Do it via pm’s though or what’s app to keep it private with the threads being open to the world ❤️Trust me it will give you all something nice to focus on 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

🤣👊🏻 

we were literally sitting there for 7 minutes last night!!! Half the audience had left. The other half knew to stay and wait...!

Hi EnglishRose2019

I'm currently box setting the whole of Marvel and have learnt to get to the end of the credits!