327911posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

June 2019 chemo starters

Re: June 2019 chemo starters

Hi zed, I'm the same. 

Finished EC and next four will be doxetacel, trazumpabab (I think it's herceptin) and perzumbab.

Totally incorrect spellings, but three new drugs. 

Three days of steriods too, starting the day before, plus double the dose I was on for EC. 

I was told the first chemo of this type I'll be in all day too, as they give each one separate to see for side effects. 

Then if all goes well next time the perz and trannz will be together and dox after as that's the most likely to give you side effects. 

Like you it's a worry as I've got used to the EC routine. It's like starting chemo all over. 

At least my viens won't be getting hammered I'm told EC impacts on the viens, whereas these drugs don't. 

Hope the horrible mouth taste goes too. 

Ruby I'm glad to hear weight gain is less on these drugs. 

But my face is filling up, like the steriods pump it up each time! 

I need a deflate! 

Thanks for your kind & helpful words Ruby. Xxx

loving the campervan. Ours is a newer T4 (still 20 years old ) but still got character & my husband, spaniel & I loved it. Kids too old / too cool to come with us! Looking forward to planning another spontaneous few days when we can next. Zx

I know it’s hard but try not to worry, some people find the taxols much easier than fec or ec. I found doceta xol  different to FEC, no nausea for a start, and I stopped piling on weight! I did get very tired towards the end but I think that would happen whatever.  Try and keep an open mind?

we have a campervan too, she’s a 1978 vw campervan called Ruby..she stole my nickname!

Ruby (the human one!) xx

@Zed51 wrote:

Hi ladies. Guess I’m halfway through chemo as at end of round 3 of 6. Had a lovely few days away in Yorkshire with our newly acquired little campervan which was fab. Now back to the prospect of Herceptin on Thursday which means waiting 6 hours on ward afterwards to see if I have a reaction, then back on Friday for docetaxel (T). Feel ridiculously worried about it being new stuff after coping with FEC. Like starting all over again. Trying to concentrate on nice stuff tomorrow & Wednesday beforehand 😨

Hi ladies. Guess I’m halfway through chemo as at end of round 3 of 6. Had a lovely few days away in Yorkshire with our newly acquired little campervan which was fab. Now back to the prospect of Herceptin on Thursday which means waiting 6 hours on ward afterwards to see if I have a reaction, then back on Friday for docetaxel (T). Feel ridiculously worried about it being new stuff after coping with FEC. Like starting all over again. Trying to concentrate on nice stuff tomorrow & Wednesday beforehand 😨

Yes she gave me them this time as they run out of others, although I’ve not felt sick really 

@mini mad wrote:

Hi Alvilajo and Ruby ,

have either of you or any other followers on this thread taken Ondansetron for nausea/vomiting ?

Domperidone pretty useless for me..

awfully sick at 3.30 am this morning and felt nauseaous  since then 🀒🀒

mini mad xx πŸ’–πŸ’–

Thanks Ruby..  had my chemo last friday... think ive only got 2 more...gonna check when i go for my next one this friday..

dont know what happens after my final one πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Took ondansetron at 4.15,  feel bit easier already πŸ‘πŸ‘

mini mad xx

Hi Minimad, yes I have! ondenasetron is my anti nausea drug of choice! My husband found domperidone useless as well. When did you have your last chemo? Being sick is horrible, hope it gets resolved soon xx

@mini mad wrote:

Hi Alvilajo and Ruby ,

have either of you or any other followers on this thread taken Ondansetron for nausea/vomiting ?

mini mad xx πŸ’–πŸ’–

Hi Alvilajo and Ruby ,

mini mad xx πŸ’–πŸ’–

Thank you doesn't look like there is one near me, nearest London.

@Chicken81 wrote:

https://www.maggiescentres.org/how-maggies-can-help/help-available/practical-support/look-good-feel-...

Link
Here is the link to the website. 

You find your local centre and call up and book. 

That's it. 

Hope you have a centre close by. 

@Alvilajo wrote:

How do you book onto the maggies day?

hope u feel better soon ruby, I start placlitaxel in 4 weeks, bit nervous about it and the new side effects it may bring. Do you still have the injections on it?

enjoy your night away xx

https://www.maggiescentres.org/how-maggies-can-help/help-available/practical-support/look-good-feel-...

Link
Here is the link to the website. 

You find your local centre and call up and book. 

That's it. 

Hope you have a centre close by. 

@Alvilajo wrote:

hope u feel better soon ruby, I start placlitaxel in 4 weeks, bit nervous about it and the new side effects it may bring. Do you still have the injections on it?

enjoy your night away xx

Absolutely Ruby.. BIG HUGS   Xx

Hi Minimad, yes I have numb and tingling toes and fingers, feet sometimes feel like I have been walking on nettles! Unpleasant but not agony! I am using udder cream with urea. It’s helpful.

I had a severe allergic reaction to paclitaxel, Nab paclitaxel is nano paclitaxel but in a human albumin base rather than solvent. Bone pain in back is quite

grim today but painkillers helping. I have just ordered a stool to perch on in the kitchen as have noticed feet much worse when I am standing for a while! Where there is a will there’s a way right? 😊

Ruby xx

@mini mad wrote:

Hi Ruby,

sorry to read its been a bit grim for you recently.

i posted to you a few days back, perhaps its disappeared also.

yes i also have bad bone/muscle pain especially in my knees πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

you mentioned your feet...  did you get tingling in your toes ??

see you are now on 75% nab paclitaxel...  is this different to just paclitaxel ??

hoping you are coping and everybody else out there this weekend..  mini mad xx πŸ’–πŸ’–

Hi Daisydi

I am so pleased to have read your post - I have my appointment with oncology on Monday and expect that I will be FEC-T as triple negative.  I so want to try and keep my hair (thick and coarse as it is) so have had it cut quite short.  Well done for doing so well with yours.  xx

Hi Ruby,

sorry to read its been a bit grim for you recently.

i posted to you a few days back, perhaps its disappeared also.

yes i also have bad bone/muscle pain especially in my knees πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

you mentioned your feet...  did you get tingling in your toes ??

see you are now on 75% nab paclitaxel...  is this different to just paclitaxel ??

hoping you are coping and everybody else out there this weekend..  mini mad xx πŸ’–πŸ’–

enjoy your night away xx

Hello everyone!

loving the brow and lashes, looking fabulous!

i posted a couple of days ago but it’s vanished! I had a grim few days at the start of the week, weak as a kitten and lots of bone pain. My liver is creaking (not wine related, I did check!) I am now on 75% nab paclitaxel and very tired and I have hand foot syndrome, hot, burning feet, hoping it will ease soon! I am keeping a close eye on it.

have booked a night away Sunday and a nice restaurant, got to make the most of any break you get.

hope you are all as well as you can be xx

Wow they look fab xx

@Chicken81 wrote:

I am booked into Look good feel good via Maggies charity next month. Feel as though now I'm fully in need of how to look like me. 

Here are the links. 

Lashes

https://lolaslashes.co.uk/

Lash link

I went for diamond, but sapphire would be more subtle. 

Brows 

https://thewomenlobby.com/products/eyebrow-ink-pen?variant=21296096870513

Brow pen link

I bought dark brown, so I think it's quite dark, so I'm careful in the use of it. Wish I'd ordered light brown now. 

Before and After for you

IMG_20190808_185452_564.jpg

glad to be of help - the lashes are a uk based company - I ordered Tues and they came Thurs. I paid about Β£29 for them -but they are worth it for the amount of uses I will get and next time I wont need the whole start pack and just buy the actual lashes for Β£15 - which is not much more than the glue versions I previously have bought from Asda and Boots.

The eye brow pen is a UK company but they ship their items from China - so the pen took about 8 days to come.

Im red faced now from the steroids and feel tired and not sickly as yet - so last EC seems so far so good. Ive took Senokot for two days and had bowel movement like normal - never going to have that trouble again as that was not good - Senokot for a few days before and after really helps, Im told it is the anti sickness that makes you constipated.

You look fantastic Chicken! You must be really pleased πŸ€—. Thank you for the links. Atm I still have eyebrows and eyelashes but will save that link as my time will come...

So pleased things are progressing ok with your chemo. I had a mastectomy prior to my chemo so happy to offer advice to anyone if they have yet to have their op when the time comes. Hope chemo goes ok today. 

Have enjoyed a lovely break and head back today to get my bloods done for my last EC on Monday. Not looking forward to it really 😬 but will then be half way there too πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

I’ll check with my oncologist regarding genetic testing as my mum had Fallopian tube cancer. I’m pretty sure my surgeon told me my cancer wasn’t a genetic cancer. However it doesn’t mean I’m not a carrier I suppose. 

I hope everyone one of you lovely ladies is doing okay and sending you all positive vibes πŸ™βœ¨πŸ’–

I was just thinking the same Kip! I enquired about false eyelashes when I was having chemo and was told I wouldn't be able to wear them because they wouldn't stay on, the beautician was wrong!  You look lovely Chicken x

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Wow Chicken81 your lashes and brows are brilliant.. Wished I'd known about those lashes when I was going through chemo... Might still get some..

Thanks for sharing 

Kip

I am booked into Look good feel good via Maggies charity next month. Feel as though now I'm fully in need of how to look like me. 

Here are the links. 

Lashes

https://lolaslashes.co.uk/

Lash link

I went for diamond, but sapphire would be more subtle. 

Brows 

https://thewomenlobby.com/products/eyebrow-ink-pen?variant=21296096870513

Brow pen link

I bought dark brown, so I think it's quite dark, so I'm careful in the use of it. Wish I'd ordered light brown now. 

Before and After for you

IMG_20190808_185452_564.jpg

Hi everyone, 

Rosy and EnglishRose, hope you enjoyed your time away and festival you mentioned. 

EnglishRose I'm on some top meds for feeling sick, I get extra too. Had an oncologist meeting and she said EC is renowned for weight gain, but not to worry as my next drugs are not. 

Only to find now I'm double dose on Steroids and it's increased to more days, surely Steroids are weight gain tablets and not just the EC drug. But on bright side my lump has started to reduce and its progressing down. Mri booked after cycle 7 for full size confirmation.

Genetics testing was a blood test. Two months for results. Coukd massively impact on next steps in treatment and family so quite a scary test! 

Had last EC yesterday. In right arm as left one still not back to 100%, but EC is horrible to your viens so hoping they'll recover now it's done.

Camping in the lakes was great. Got up hallim fell, was hard but worth it. Fitness has took a hit after race for life. Took a while to recover energy's. 

Good news, for next camping trip I can swim in the waterfall. So as long as its not too cold I'm in! The lakes was soooooo hot πŸ”₯, hope the weather is on my side again for next trip. 

So I'm officially half way through chemo. 

I've now lost eye brows and lashes. 

Been using lolas lashes, which are magnetic lashes that stick to the magnetised eye liner, they're great. 

Been using eye brow pencil, but bought off a link from Instagram a brow pencil that has a special brush to fake the hairs, so they look more realistic. So I'll look up links n post if anyone fancies a look into it. 

I'm going to be tired and off grid for a few days as it's my post chemo days where I'm groggy. 

Wishing you all a nice weekend 

Hi Ruby,

so how are things going with you right now ??

did you have tingly toes ?  Mentioned it to chemo dr yesterday,  didnt seem unduly concerned.

did you get any advice about it ?

i also have slight numb feeling in upper left eyelid and into cheek.  Have read this is possible se with paclitaxel and carboplatin.

typically i didnt have this when i saw dr yesterday 😳😳

mini mad xx πŸ’–πŸ’–

Hi everyone, good week has arrived and cherished muchly. How are you all, hoping it’s your good week too. RubyThursday anti sickness meds didn’t really work in car but it’s gone now thankfully. Vic xxxx

Not had that one yet, do your anti sickness meds help? Glad you are on the bounce now and will hopefully have some good day :-) x
@Alvilajo wrote:

Morning all, hope your all ok. Anyone noticed feeling sick whilst being passenger in a car, never before but this time it’s like I got car sickness, strange? I feel better today so hopefully I’ve got the next 11 days feeling normal xxxx

Morning all, hope your all ok. Anyone noticed feeling sick whilst being passenger in a car, never before but this time it’s like I got car sickness, strange? I feel better today so hopefully I’ve got the next 11 days feeling normal xxxx

Hi Englishrose, sounds like we are in a similar situation, I saw oncologist, he was great actually, putting me up to 75% next Wednesday then 100% the following week. Struggling a bit with this round actually, heartburn and shortness of breath quite bad and a bit of bone pain. Got sent to a and e yesterday morning for bloods and checks as was hurting when I was breathing in, all ok thankfully but three hours sat in a cubicle to be told as suspected just side effects from chemo!

it is very frustrating when you don’t know what’s going on, being a bit pushy is not a bad thing, this is our lives!

Ruby xx

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

Omg Ruby. I felt the same way when I was told after pressing my oncologist that I had only been given 75% of EC last round when was expecting it to be increased to 100%!! I emailed my oncologist who is also away and he confirmed I’d be given 100% next time but I have requested a meeting too. I’m like you. If I’m going to do this blast me with it!! I know why they started off on the lower dosage and that was fine but he was supposed to meet me before round 3 and didn’t 😠. My approach is I’m in the dark here. Please just explain the implications of lower dosages on my long term prognosis. I know we all want the same outcome but I need to understand what the lowered dosages actually mean for me. He told me via email I’d definitely be on 100% Paclitaxel when I start that in September ...

Good luck and please let me know how you get on. If you want to send a pm do (although don’t ask me how you do that 😬).

And enjoy the festival. We had fun 2 weeks ago at PennFest which is our local one. Nice to be outside all day but remember to cover up from the sun!!!

πŸ€ πŸ€—πŸ’•

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi remember to book your look good feel better sessions with your local Macmillan πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Omg Ruby. I felt the same way when I was told after pressing my oncologist that I had only been given 75% of EC last round when was expecting it to be increased to 100%!! I emailed my oncologist who is also away and he confirmed I’d be given 100% next time but I have requested a meeting too. I’m like you. If I’m going to do this blast me with it!! I know why they started off on the lower dosage and that was fine but he was supposed to meet me before round 3 and didn’t 😠. My approach is I’m in the dark here. Please just explain the implications of lower dosages on my long term prognosis. I know we all want the same outcome but I need to understand what the lowered dosages actually mean for me. He told me via email I’d definitely be on 100% Paclitaxel when I start that in September ...

Good luck and please let me know how you get on. If you want to send a pm do (although don’t ask me how you do that 😬).

And enjoy the festival. We had fun 2 weeks ago at PennFest which is our local one. Nice to be outside all day but remember to cover up from the sun!!!

πŸ€ πŸ€—πŸ’•

Ditto - good to hear from you Chicken! I too am suffering a bit with nausea and acid, Ondansetron and omeprezole sort it within the hour. Struggling terribly with steroids and blood sugar, practice nurse has given me some extra meds for steroid days. No other grim side effects except sore and numb hands and feet. Off for emergency appointment with oncologist today as I made a complaint via pals as they failed to sort out putting me on full dose of nab paclitaxel despite repeated requests my oncologist completely ignored it and went on holiday 😑 if I am going to do chemo I want full dose of both chemos not just one, it can always be scaled down if needed if side effects too much but half the dose reads less benefit to me! I can feel a Paddington hard stare coming on!

hope you are all ok and enjoying life as much as possible, we are off to a local charity music festival tomorrow. Should be fun.

Ruby xx

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

Hi chicken

It’s good to hear from you. That end of Y6 is such a hectic time and so pleased you were able to work your chemo around it to enjoy most of it. Your son would be so happy to have you there at the various events. 

We must be on a pretty similar timeframe as my last EC is on 12 Aug. I was given a drug Domperidone to help with the nausea. And after the first round when I took them cautiously, I now just chug 3 a day of those for 5/6 days so might be worth asking. Certainly meant that I have avoided eating and weight. 

Enjoy your time camping. It’s coming up to my good week so we are heading off on Monday for a few days.  Dog walks and visiting so historical sites near the south coast. Really looking forward to it. 

I hope everyone else on the forum is coping with whatever chemo (and life!) has been thrown at them this week. Stay strong, stay positive, keep fighting πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

πŸ’•πŸ™

Hi chicken

It’s good to hear from you. That end of Y6 is such a hectic time and so pleased you were able to work your chemo around it to enjoy most of it. Your son would be so happy to have you there at the various events. 

We must be on a pretty similar timeframe as my last EC is on 12 Aug. I was given a drug Domperidone to help with the nausea. And after the first round when I took them cautiously, I now just chug 3 a day of those for 5/6 days so might be worth asking. Certainly meant that I have avoided eating and weight. 

Enjoy your time camping. It’s coming up to my good week so we are heading off on Monday for a few days.  Dog walks and visiting so historical sites near the south coast. Really looking forward to it. 

I hope everyone else on the forum is coping with whatever chemo (and life!) has been thrown at them this week. Stay strong, stay positive, keep fighting πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

πŸ’•πŸ™

Hello ladies, been two wks since I lasted posted. 

Had a busy week before chemo round three, as it was dons birthday and last wk in primary school, so loads of celebrations to attend. 

Had chemo cycle three, suffered constipation this time, so back to senokot day before n two days after next round. (forgot this time n suffered)

Chemo without cold cap was much better, took til that evening to feel ill. 

A week recovery still and now I'm prepping to go camping. 

Re swimming n hot tubs, I was told no.

But in a few wks were camping on a site with a water fall and I'm thinking it'll be nice to go in, so I'm gonna ask next wk when I'm in for my final EC. 

Then I'm half way through chemo. My oncologist said next chemo will be different as it'll not be feeling sick anymore, but whole body aches n pains instead. 

Re weight, I've gained too about 10lb so my aim to to get that off in last x4 cycles as like I think it was Ruby, I eat to stop feeling sick on EC. But next lot maybe it'll not be like that.

Tomorrow I'm off for genetics testing. 

Hope noone lives in Yorkshire and have suffered from flash flooding 

We didn’t know until we saw the trees blown down coming home. No phones then and newspapers were a few days behind lol

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

Our back wall blew down in that hurricane!!!

and I want to go there. Have heard it is beautiful. I have a long wish list of places I’d like to go...wistful sigh ....😘

Feeling bit sickly today, it’s like I can still feel the chemo meds going round my body and taste them, new symptoms each time it seems. I keep thinking get to Friday and it will feel better. Praying placlitaxel is nicer than ec ( it’s not gonna be is it lol)😘

Our back wall blew down in that hurricane!!!

and I want to go there. Have heard it is beautiful. I have a long wish list of places I’d like to go...wistful sigh ....😘

We went 1987 the first time, we were out there when England had the hurricane. Then went back 30 years later and it rained all week lol. 

@Zed51 wrote:

Alvilajo - Nerja is beautiful- went a few years ago and is on my list to revisit!! 

Highlighted

I hope all goes well tomorrow Ruby. You’re nearly at countdown πŸŽ‰ 

I haven’t read those articles but I will do and thanks for bringing it up. Xx

Hi ladies

Yes I was told to be really careful regarding swimming and to avoid public pools, hot tubs, jacuzzis etc. 

So I joined a private club for the summer  where they have an indoor and outdoor pool. I swim outdoors in the 3rd week of my cycle and this indoor class in my 2nd week won’t really involve β€˜swimming’ as it’s really a resistance class. When I move to my weekly chemo in September I don’t think I would risk even doing that. 

I am hyper vigilant about infection! Sanitiser is my new middle name. And don’t even think about giving me a hug this week 😳. I even stopped work as I work at a school, so please do not swim etc unless you feel it is absolutely safe for you to do so! But at the same time well-being and fun is important so paddle away Louise πŸ–πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

Hi Zoe

I had asked about going swimming and was also told - No,  too big a risk of germs from the pool.

I also asked about hiring a hot tub - thinking it would be cleaned between hires and it would be our own clean water and just us in it.  But was again told - No, too risky.

Yesterday I went on a family day trip to the beach.  I threw caution to the wind and paddled in the murky looking sea with my grandchildren, right up to my knees - well you have to have some fun πŸ˜†

Alvilajo - Nerja is beautiful- went a few years ago and is on my list to revisit!! 

Hello,

Sorry to hear so many of you are having a rough time, these drugs are so powerful. Interesting to hear that the down days seem to be somewhat predictable, I try to make sure I am around people on mine, or to do something nice if I feel up to it.

on a slightly different note did anyone see the article about using common drugs to fight cancer in the daily mail today? I have known about this for a while as my husband is on on aspirin trial for see how well it prevents bowel cancer recurrence over five years, and I am already on metformin for diabetes which is one of the drugs they see benefits from - something about blocking the glucose pathways. Everyone is different but I am all for chucking everything at cancer, especially with older drugs with known effects.

off for poisoning tomorrow, am hoping for the full dose of Abraxane. Tomorrow I will be half way through!

Ruby xx

Hi ladies. Think I’m a few days behind a couple of you so concentrating on remembering it is my down dip at the mo on day 6. Seem to have developed new SE of extreme clumsiness! Was already bad but now all over the place. Broke a dish already this morning 😱. Bad chemo brain. Feel very sluggish. 

Interesting you are going swim class EnglishRose? I’d love to swim but been told pool too germy?? What have u been told I’d be really interested to hear. Feel like my face puffing up like a tennis ball 🎾 (not helped by hair loss) so anything active that I could manage would be nice to know. Thanks everyone Zoe xxxxx. 

How exciting!!! That is going to be something to look forward too. 

And I hope your headache has subsided a little. 

Take care Vic

Nicky πŸ’•

Croatia Sounds lovely place for a wedding, my sons just proposed in nerja Spain to his girlfriend and I think they will get married out there. 

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

Yeah. Headache is pretty awful. Tbh I take paracetamol and ibruprofen like mini suggested for 7 days of chemo week. So today is the first day of no meds 😊

I get where you are in your cycle so just be easy on yourself...We are just 2 days apart and that’s when I wrote my Debbie downer message...

And well done on sticking to your eating plan πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

I’m out the other side and have just come back from the gym. Just 30 mins on the bike today so not to over do it. Pilates tomorrow and I’m trying a new swim class on Thursday πŸ€”. 

Also been rearranging furniture and looking at holidays for August 2020 as my niece is getting married in Croatia!!! 

So you might notice I go from zero to overdoing it as soon as I feel normal again, and my husband then reminds me to take it easy 😬

I do blether at times. If you’ve reached the end of my blurb well done and sorry it was full of general rubbish about me πŸ˜πŸ’•

Yes I moved onto the ibrufen today, the antihistamines which were suggested didn't work so won't bother with those again. Picked up around 3 o'clock and I'm still awake. Let's hope tomorrow brings a brighter day for us all xxx

Yeah. Headache is pretty awful. Tbh I take paracetamol and ibruprofen like mini suggested for 7 days of chemo week. So today is the first day of no meds 😊

I get where you are in your cycle so just be easy on yourself...We are just 2 days apart and that’s when I wrote my Debbie downer message...

And well done on sticking to your eating plan πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

I’m out the other side and have just come back from the gym. Just 30 mins on the bike today so not to over do it. Pilates tomorrow and I’m trying a new swim class on Thursday πŸ€”. 

Also been rearranging furniture and looking at holidays for August 2020 as my niece is getting married in Croatia!!! 

So you might notice I go from zero to overdoing it as soon as I feel normal again, and my husband then reminds me to take it easy 😬

I do blether at times. If you’ve reached the end of my blurb well done and sorry it was full of general rubbish about me πŸ˜πŸ’•

Hi Alvilajo,

sorry to read you're tired tday and headache is bad...  i know where you are coming from there,  previously had constant headache for 3 days.

spoke to dr about it n he recommended 2 paracetamol x 4 times a day and 1 ibuprofen x 3 times a day.  I tried this and after 24 hours my head was beginning to improve πŸ‘

took this for 3 days n headache disappeared.

keep your pecker up...

been feeling good for past 3 days.  Its amazing how different i feel after NOT having my chemo last friday. 8 days clear πŸ‘πŸ‘  back to the usual though this coming friday.

hope everyone is coping in their own way.  Mini mad xx πŸ’–πŸ’–

Another lazy one today, so tired and can’t shift head ache. Diets on plan tho x How are u all feeling 😘 xx

I don’t crave, or eat sweet stuff as a rule, I am type 2 diabetic so normally follow a moderate low carb diet. When I am well I do Keto and can get my hba1c below prediabetic levels, that seems much harder on chemo and the steroids are playing havoc with my blood sugars, making them super high to the point it can affect my vision!  Pizza is definitely not on my normal food list and I might have a dessert once a week at most.  I went cold turkey on sweet things a few years ago and now most things taste wayyyyyy too sweet for me.  I feel at my best on meat, fish, full fat dairy, above ground veggies and small amounts of fruit and some wine! Chemo definitely sees me eating more bread, pasta, rice and white things! I think I need to get a grip on myself!

Ruby xx

@mini mad wrote:

Hi lovely ladies,

sorry some of you are struggling somewhat with your weight...  its not easy when you fancy a biscuit to make you feel a little better  πŸͺπŸͺ🍩🍩

in February my body sugar level was bordering on becoming diabetic so over 2 months i changed what i ate n drank ( everything was less sugar/diabetic  biscuits n cake,  gluten free nibbles and only unsweetened soya milk.  I was 10 stone at the start but then lost a stone,  so down to 9 stone.

now ive lost another half a stone on chemo ( paclitaxel n Carboplatin ) dr said he will keep an eye on me 😳   This journey is proving harder than i thought... what with se n fatigue n the ' down days ' of which there have been a few  πŸ˜”πŸ˜”  but having 8 days without treatment has perked me up...back to normal weekly nxt friday.

wonder if i could have treatment every 2 weeks,  gives me a chance to ' pick myself up '  inbetween ??

enjoy this cooler weather everybody,  at least it makes sleeping easier.

BIG HUGS to you all.... mini mad xx πŸ’–πŸ’–