Did you mean: 

June 2019 chemo starters

Re: June 2019 chemo starters

Has anyone else had visual migraines whilst going through this xxx

wondering if hormonal !

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

👍😁👍here to retail therapy, Christmas is only 16 weeks away, so sound pretty good to me starting buying now 👍👍just remember to treat yourself too 👍👍💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Let me know how it goes with oncologist I’m still waiting for appointment before I start the placlitaxel. There’s nothing like a bit of retail therapy so will not judge lol. Are u placlitaxel next? Vic x

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

Yay the last ec 👏👏👏. And yes, the fatigue on those days is overwhelming and you just have to succumb😴😴😴. Your normality will begin again very soon. Glad to hear you know you’ll be feeling better. 

I did my usual yesterday (day8) when I actually get rather manic (I get quite depressed during chemo week) and run about at 1000 miles per hour doing stuff I’ve been mulling over but unable to do during chemo week 😬. My husband has learnt to just let me get on with it and I calm down a bit today. 

Ive got my meeting with my oncologist this evening. I have lots of questions. Feeling somewhat anxious about it. 

Tried out the lashes yesterday!!!!! Think I need a little practice and possibly the Rose Quartz will be more my daily wear. Didn’t look anything as good on me as on Chicken, but I’ll persevere.

Spent this afternoon in John Lewis with my mum. I bought my first Christmas present 😱. Don’t hate me 🤣. Think I’m going to be pretty exhausted by Christmas so crack on now!

✨💕😘

Yay the last ec 👏👏👏. And yes, the fatigue on those days is overwhelming and you just have to succumb😴😴😴. Your normality will begin again very soon. Glad to hear you know you’ll be feeling better. 

I did my usual yesterday (day8) when I actually get rather manic (I get quite depressed during chemo week) and run about at 1000 miles per hour doing stuff I’ve been mulling over but unable to do during chemo week 😬. My husband has learnt to just let me get on with it and I calm down a bit today. 

Ive got my meeting with my oncologist this evening. I have lots of questions. Feeling somewhat anxious about it. 

Tried out the lashes yesterday!!!!! Think I need a little practice and possibly the Rose Quartz will be more my daily wear. Didn’t look anything as good on me as on Chicken, but I’ll persevere.

Spent this afternoon in John Lewis with my mum. I bought my first Christmas present 😱. Don’t hate me 🤣. Think I’m going to be pretty exhausted by Christmas so crack on now!

✨💕😘

Hi 😁

last ec was  wed and I’ve spent last two days on the sofa sleeping on and off, more tired than before and headaches from injections. Roll on next few days so I get back to some sort of normal. How’s everyone doing 😘

Hi Minimad,

Thank you for your reply. Bet you'll be partying next week when your body has recovered. Good luck.

The hip pain was awful but thankfully it stopped today after 5 long days. A little reprieve just in time for the next one!! I had my first paclitaxel 10th July and only had 2 days of discomfort from it. I then had to miss the next 4 weeks as my liver levels were too high. Sent for a liver scan and found out I have 3.5cm gallstone which is probably the guilty culprit. Eventually had my 2nd paclitaxel last week so hoping liver levels stay down so I can continue. Bloods and chemo review tomorrow so will discuss then. 

I had a mastectomy in May due to DCIS but they found a tumour that was HER2+ and ER+. Hence 12 weekly sessions of paclitaxel and herceptin every 3 weeks, to be followed by 5 years of tamoxifen. The mastectomy was easy compared to all of this!! 

@mini mad wrote:

Hi Dot70.

i am having my FINAL paclitaxel this coming friday.

i also have had 12 over 12 weeks...  yes i have had bad bone pain,  in my hips,  knees and back.

its a side effect im afraid and although i told my chemo nurses they said take pain killers.

my dosage wasnt changed.... but worth mentioning on your next session.

good luck n any questions pls ask.  I'm Triple Negative and you ??

mini mad xx 💖💖

Hi Dot70.

i am having my FINAL paclitaxel this coming friday.

i also have had 12 over 12 weeks...  yes i have had bad bone pain,  in my hips,  knees and back.

its a side effect im afraid and although i told my chemo nurses they said take pain killers.

my dosage wasnt changed.... but worth mentioning on your next session.

good luck n any questions pls ask.  I'm Triple Negative and you ??

mini mad xx 💖💖

Hello Dot70,

i am on Nab Paclitaxel and have been having some bone pain in my back, nothing as severe as yours sounds though mine is manageable with pain killers. I would get onto your chemo suite and let them know what’s going on as they will probably want to review you before next chemo, and maybe sort out better pain relief. I have experienced the jelly leg effect, seems to last a day or two each cycle - I have bought a perching stool for use in the kitchen. I also have burning pains in my feet, such fun! Chemo tends to make you feel like an old lady at times - I hope you are feeling better soon.

Ruby xx

@Dot70 wrote:

Hi All, 

I'm from the July group. I've been told some of you are on paclitaxel and I wanted to pick your brains for some advice. I'm on 12 weekly sessions of paclitaxel and only just had my second paclitaxel last Wednesday (long story) and my hips have been in agony ever since!!! I'm walking like an old woman, I can't stand for long periods without feeling like my legs are going to give way and it's really getting me down. Yesterday, I felt like I was in early labour all day. Anyone had anything similar? Any tips in overcoming this? Xx

They went as quickly as they came EnglishRose Smiley Happy I hadn't remembered reading they would be a side effect of chemo, so I was a bit concerned when it started. Discovered though that lots in my chemo group were having them! x

Now that was a message I enjoyed reading  Jencat! 🥵🔥❄️🙏🏻

That sounds awful 🥺. I’m not due to start for a couple a weeks on the Paclitaxel so I’m no use. One of the ladies definitely mentioned bone pain. It’s definitely worth a call to your oncologist. I’m understanding that they vary doses because some bodies cannot process certain levels. And of course take all the painkillers you can...

Sending hugs 

Hi ladies, I had chemo in Oct'17. I had the hot flushes during the night and I was post-menopausal! The good news is that they went as quickly as they came once I'd finished chemo! x

Hi All, 

I'm from the July group. I've been told some of you are on paclitaxel and I wanted to pick your brains for some advice. I'm on 12 weekly sessions of paclitaxel and only just had my second paclitaxel last Wednesday (long story) and my hips have been in agony ever since!!! I'm walking like an old woman, I can't stand for long periods without feeling like my legs are going to give way and it's really getting me down. Yesterday, I felt like I was in early labour all day. Anyone had anything similar? Any tips in overcoming this? Xx

Yes your right nothing can be as bad as that 💕💕

@rubythursday wrote:

You will be fine, after coping with chemo menopause is a breeze! 
@Alvilajo wrote:

Hi ruby I suppose it had to happen sooner that later, once on hormone treatment it would of kicked in. It’s like waiting for the worst and not knowing how bad it will get 🙄

@rubythursday wrote:

Hi,

i have been in surgical menopause since I was 38 and first put on tamoxifen, goselerin, Letrozole and then had ovaries removed. They sound like hot flushes to me...get yourself a good quiet fan that you can direct on your face at night. It helps me a lot! They might just be chemo induced, in which case it may be the start of menopause or it could get better when your chemo finishes. Only time will tell!

steroids mimic hot flushes for me, I do a more than passable impression of a beetroot with sweat!

Ruby x

@Alvilajo wrote:

Looking it up looks like menapauasal symptoms 🤔

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

I did have terrible sweats in the night and a red face with this 4th round of EC but not sure if mirrored what you’re experiencing. Even the boys commented on my face which looked like this 🥵. So could be se or not... When that stopped I then got the usual painful/tender touching skin thing for 2/3 days which feels like sunburn. I took paracetamol. Lots!!! Try that and see how next few days go...

❤️

You will be fine, after coping with chemo menopause is a breeze! 
@Alvilajo wrote:

Hi ruby I suppose it had to happen sooner that later, once on hormone treatment it would of kicked in. It’s like waiting for the worst and not knowing how bad it will get 🙄

@rubythursday wrote:

Hi,

i have been in surgical menopause since I was 38 and first put on tamoxifen, goselerin, Letrozole and then had ovaries removed. They sound like hot flushes to me...get yourself a good quiet fan that you can direct on your face at night. It helps me a lot! They might just be chemo induced, in which case it may be the start of menopause or it could get better when your chemo finishes. Only time will tell!

steroids mimic hot flushes for me, I do a more than passable impression of a beetroot with sweat!

Ruby x

@Alvilajo wrote:

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

I did have terrible sweats in the night and a red face with this 4th round of EC but not sure if mirrored what you’re experiencing. Even the boys commented on my face which looked like this 🥵. So could be se or not... When that stopped I then got the usual painful/tender touching skin thing for 2/3 days which feels like sunburn. I took paracetamol. Lots!!! Try that and see how next few days go...

❤️

Hi Michelle,

what you are feeling is really common and completely normal when I was first diagnosed I used to put a big brave face on and go and cry in the bath on my own. I had a lot of baths! We are all here for you to moan, laugh, cry and all the other things that sometimes it’s so hard to do with your loved ones.  What I can tell you however is things will get better, this too shall pass. Just hang in there and remember that at least some of what you are experiencing is related to your drug cocktail!  Great decision to go to a counsellor btw, mine was a lifesaver. 

Ruby.x

@Michelle78 wrote:

Thank you all for your kind welcomes, 

Day 4 after last ec  & my head is going crazy crazy 

I have also had the hot flushes at night (and a couple during the day) but def more when laying in bed against pillows  - hot head, fan constantly on 

I can't stop overthinking & its ruining my day to day,  Is anyone else experiencing this ? 

I don't know how to say it without sounding crazy  like dark deepened thoughts, never ever have I been like this before, I could cry at every moment, I'm scared, scared of future, scared about my children... 

I just hope it will go when this chemo is finished - in the meantime I've booked into a counselling lady in a couple of weeks ..lets hope I can get some relief 

I think its the chemo, steriods, menopausal symptoms,  also my appearance is the constant reminder - I look forward to my hair coming back 

Minimad - My next sessions are x4 paclitaxel 2 weekly then x15 rads and then onto tamoxifen for 5-10 yrs

Sorry ladies, We are all going through this rubbish & you've now become my ears,  its so hard with family,  I am so close to mine & they are all amazing, but I don't want to keep going on about me all the time 

Michelle  xx 

@rubythursday wrote:

Hi,

Ruby x

@Alvilajo wrote:

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

❤️

Hi Michelle although your feelings are normal I know there not nice. I don’t feel like me anymore and I don’t feel like doing things all the time, we just need to get through this. We are also at the same stage with placlitaxel next so 8/9 weeks the horrid chemo will be done. Xxxxx

@Michelle78 wrote:

I have also had the hot flushes at night (and a couple during the day) but def more when laying in bed against pillows  - hot head, fan constantly on 

I can't stop overthinking & its ruining my day to day,  Is anyone else experiencing this ? 

I don't know how to say it without sounding crazy  like dark deepened thoughts, never ever have I been like this before, I could cry at every moment, I'm scared, scared of future, scared about my children... 

I just hope it will go when this chemo is finished - in the meantime I've booked into a counselling lady in a couple of weeks ..lets hope I can get some relief 

I think its the chemo, steriods, menopausal symptoms,  also my appearance is the constant reminder - I look forward to my hair coming back 

Minimad - My next sessions are x4 paclitaxel 2 weekly then x15 rads and then onto tamoxifen for 5-10 yrs

Sorry ladies, We are all going through this rubbish & you've now become my ears,  its so hard with family,  I am so close to mine & they are all amazing, but I don't want to keep going on about me all the time 

Michelle  xx 

Highlighted

Michelle  xx 

Hi,

Ruby x

@Alvilajo wrote:

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

❤️

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

❤️

❤️

Think I’m getting hot flushes!!! 

Last 3 days and nights starts in my head and spreads lasts about 10 minutes. Anyone else getting them ? Xxx

Hi Englishrose,

thank you for your kind wishes and yeah i'm soo relieved to be nearing the end.

around 6 or 7 i thought i was gonna call it a day.... but had one session missed out as wasnt well for 3 days which felt wonderful so i carried on 👍

seeing chemo doctor week after next to see what happens then.  Ive had my mastectomy back in April so hoping it might be a scan n then just checkups from now on.   Got my second Zolandronic infusion january next year ( every 6 months ) so a way off.

good luck with your Paclitaxels nxt month.... any questions just ask.   

Mini mad xx 💖💖  enjiy yiur weekend everybody in what ever way you can  xx

Hey Michelle 

Lovely to hear from you and welcome to our little group as the other lovelies have already said 🤗

We all need help at times so here when you need to offload or whine or whatever. I’ve just had my last EC this week. Summer holidays are tricky with the treatment so well done getting through it so far. My boys (13&15) took the train into London today to have a weekend with their aunties to give us all a break. The steroids do make you kinda crazeeeee😬. I do think I’m lucky my boys are older and able to be a bit more self-sufficient. Try to be kind on yourself with the se, which is easier said than done ... when I get cross with the boys about something silly I feel so upset afterwards but know it’s not ‘me’.

I’m like Mini and have 12 x weekly Pax starting September, then radio x 20 in the New Year so reconstruction wasn’t an immediate option with my mastectomy. Will be asking for advice on that in a year or so ladies!!!! But Jens pillows are great. I was given 2 and had one upstairs and downstairs. 

Mini, you must be sooooo happy to be 11/12. You are so nearly there. Sending massive hug 🤗

Sweet dreams (unless you’re on steroids!) everyone ☺️😴😘

Hi there Michelle,

quick reply before i hit the sack !!!? 😴😴

welcome to the forum and our little ' group ' of lovely ladies 💖

i've had my number 11 of 12 paclitaxel sessions today....  my FINAL one is nxt friday so i'm nearly finished...... 🥳🥳🥳

some patients miss the routine of having their bloods done and then their chemo sessions ???

am i gonna miss all this ??? ...... HELL NO !!!  🥴🥴🥴

and so far i still have my eyebrows and lashes 🤞🤞but have been told there's still time...

so good luck with your paclitaxel sessions,  are they every week like mine i wonder ??

lots of us here if you need advice/support or just a rant/moan...

mini mad xx 💖💖

My grand children have dealt with it well too 2 & 6 yrs, kids are tough, I was given a heart cushion, people make them for our hospital which was nice, yes radio therapy for me too then hormone therapy eeek xx

@Michelle78 wrote:

Thank you, 

Oh that was lovely to get a note from your daughter. I have a 10 & 6 yr old the 'c' word hasn't been spoken of - just that Mummy had a bad lump etc... then, now Mummy needs to have medicine & my hair will go ... 

They've been pretty unphased I think - my youngest wanted my head covered all the time at first  - it pretty much is I hate the bald look ! 

Been hard this summer holidays,  where I haven't been in a good head space - but will make it up to them come autumn !

Its the unknown again isn't it - although, reading from what some ladies have said the paclitaxel is hopefully more bearable ?

I know it will make us ache, but fingers crossed for less ouckyness & fuzzy head ?

I hope so certainly ! Then also its the downhill hurdle before radio (for me)

And hurry up completion of this treatment for all & we'll be moving on together 

For anyone needing sugery advise, I can help - to be honest  piece of cake after this chemo schmeemo 

If you haven't heard of jens friends (via facebook) they send out heart shaped cushions (for a small postage donation)

to use after surgery & they were fab at protecting your breast/arm areas 

Michelle  xx

Thank you, 

Oh that was lovely to get a note from your daughter. I have a 10 & 6 yr old the 'c' word hasn't been spoken of - just that Mummy had a bad lump etc... then, now Mummy needs to have medicine & my hair will go ... 

They've been pretty unphased I think - my youngest wanted my head covered all the time at first  - it pretty much is I hate the bald look ! 

Been hard this summer holidays,  where I haven't been in a good head space - but will make it up to them come autumn !

Its the unknown again isn't it - although, reading from what some ladies have said the paclitaxel is hopefully more bearable ?

I know it will make us ache, but fingers crossed for less ouckyness & fuzzy head ?

I hope so certainly ! Then also its the downhill hurdle before radio (for me)

And hurry up completion of this treatment for all & we'll be moving on together 

For anyone needing sugery advise, I can help - to be honest  piece of cake after this chemo schmeemo 

If you haven't heard of jens friends (via facebook) they send out heart shaped cushions (for a small postage donation)

to use after surgery & they were fab at protecting your breast/arm areas 

Michelle  xx

Hi Michelle, glad your now feeling ok to join in our chats and moans, I’m like you starting placlitaxel in three weeks and I’m nervous too. I was Teary last night my daughter left a note in my bed telling me how proud she was of me and sorry I was so tired and that she loved me (she’s 29 lol) bless her.  It’s a tough journey to get through to make us better. Vic xxx

@Michelle78 wrote:

Hi Ladies, 

I am Michelle - I have been reading all your entries for a while - like a stalker as I haven't been joining in with the conversations 

I too started chemo in June 

Diagnosed in March, had a mastectomy, recon & then further node removal after sentinal showed positive .. further nodes came back clear 

So number 4 'EC' completed Wednesday just gone - thank goodness, I havent enjoyed it,  then onto Paclitaxel for x4 cycles .. I've been following how you've all been throughout & matching up with my side effects - my worst time is the few days after I assume when the steriod is coming out of system & I have the major lows, so teary, depressive pretty much - its just not me & I can't seem to 'snap' out of it  Smiley Sad 

I'm assuming its also hormone menopausal symptom related too 

My hair started going on day 17 ish after my first ec,  so went for the shave, I have a couple of wigs & numerous turban scarves - I hate them all !  Brows & lashes yet to go .. but thank you for the magnetic lashes link,  I went ahead & ordered a set & they arrived today - awaiting the chemo stole my lashes day 😭😭 

Thank you for confirming the 'norms' of this rubbish blip we are going through  

Michelle xx 

Hi Ladies, 

I am Michelle - I have been reading all your entries for a while - like a stalker as I haven't been joining in with the conversations 

I too started chemo in June 

Diagnosed in March, had a mastectomy, recon & then further node removal after sentinal showed positive .. further nodes came back clear 

So number 4 'EC' completed Wednesday just gone - thank goodness, I havent enjoyed it,  then onto Paclitaxel for x4 cycles .. I've been following how you've all been throughout & matching up with my side effects - my worst time is the few days after I assume when the steriod is coming out of system & I have the major lows, so teary, depressive pretty much - its just not me & I can't seem to 'snap' out of it  Smiley Sad 

I'm assuming its also hormone menopausal symptom related too 

My hair started going on day 17 ish after my first ec,  so went for the shave, I have a couple of wigs & numerous turban scarves - I hate them all !  Brows & lashes yet to go .. but thank you for the magnetic lashes link,  I went ahead & ordered a set & they arrived today - awaiting the chemo stole my lashes day 😭😭 

Thank you for confirming the 'norms' of this rubbish blip we are going through  

Michelle xx 

I’ll take another look thanks x

@Chicken81 wrote:

Alvilajo. 

You apply the magnetic eye liner, leave to dry and the lashes then stick to the magnetic eye liner. 

The video on the site shows the eye liner and then placing lashes on top. 

Not sure your watching the correct video if you see them attaching to your lashes. They are older style lashes that came out a few yrs ago, but not sure they took off as people found them fiddily. 

I've a few mates moving to these lashes now as they're sick of glue. 

Hopefully that helps? 

@Alvilajo wrote:

How do they work if you have no lashes as looking at the video they stick to your own lashes xx

@Alvilajo wrote:

Wow they look fab xx

@Chicken81 wrote:

I am booked into Look good feel good via Maggies charity next month. Feel as though now I'm fully in need of how to look like me. 

Here are the links. 

Lashes

https://lolaslashes.co.uk/

Lash link

I went for diamond, but sapphire would be more subtle. 

Brows 

https://thewomenlobby.com/products/eyebrow-ink-pen?variant=21296096870513

Brow pen link

I bought dark brown, so I think it's quite dark, so I'm careful in the use of it. Wish I'd ordered light brown now. 

Before and After for you

IMG_20190808_185452_564.jpg

English rose.... 

I'm chemo first to shrink the lump. 

Then surgery. 

I'm told it has reduced. 

I think it's due to me being HER+ and oestrogen + and ER (I think these are all my add ons)

Best outcome will be, lump reduced and I'm clear from genetic testing for BRCA gene so lumptecomy. 

Worst case will be testing positive and getting double mastectomy and possible further preventive surgery as I'm being tested for ovarian cancer gene too.

Will know near to Oct the outcomes. 

Alvilajo. 

You apply the magnetic eye liner, leave to dry and the lashes then stick to the magnetic eye liner. 

The video on the site shows the eye liner and then placing lashes on top. 

Not sure your watching the correct video if you see them attaching to your lashes. They are older style lashes that came out a few yrs ago, but not sure they took off as people found them fiddily. 

I've a few mates moving to these lashes now as they're sick of glue. 

Hopefully that helps? 

@Alvilajo wrote:

How do they work if you have no lashes as looking at the video they stick to your own lashes xx

@Alvilajo wrote:

Wow they look fab xx

@Chicken81 wrote:

I am booked into Look good feel good via Maggies charity next month. Feel as though now I'm fully in need of how to look like me. 

Here are the links. 

Lashes

https://lolaslashes.co.uk/

Lash link

I went for diamond, but sapphire would be more subtle. 

Brows 

https://thewomenlobby.com/products/eyebrow-ink-pen?variant=21296096870513

Brow pen link

I bought dark brown, so I think it's quite dark, so I'm careful in the use of it. Wish I'd ordered light brown now. 

Before and After for you

IMG_20190808_185452_564.jpg

That’s rubbish, might be worth asking them if you can have a different chemo day, I did and it was no trouble... if you don’t ask...

Also frustrating as it is to have a week off try to think of it as time to recharge your batteries, enjoy a bit more of life and be fighting fit for the next step :-) 

failing that the cake idea idea is a good one!

Ruby xx

@Zed51 wrote:

Had two blood tests this week, neither were satisfactory so have been delayed on starting herceptin & docetaxel for a week. Don’t know whether to be pleased or angry! Think angry as if it’s exactly a week late I will be in hospital for my initial 6 hour Herceptin appointment on my 52nd birthday! What a treat 

Poor you ❤️ I spent my 40th having brain scan. My 30 th wed anniversary having armpit clearance and valentines day I was diagnosed lol. 

@Zed51 wrote:

Had two blood tests this week, neither were satisfactory so have been delayed on starting herceptin & docetaxel for a week. Don’t know whether to be pleased or angry! Think angry as if it’s exactly a week late I will be in hospital for my initial 6 hour Herceptin appointment on my 52nd birthday! What a treat 

Nooooooo😠!! Poor you. It must be so frustrating to hear that. If it is on your bday take in some cake. 6 hours 😳😳😳

let us know how it goes...❤️

Nicky x

🔥🍝😋. With you all the way Ruby on sriracha hot sauce 😬35CB910C-E3C1-4DC6-9950-7304C6FD6403.jpeg

Hey everyone,

so interesting and helpful reading all of your posts.

i have my second to last Paclitaxel this friday and FINAL one next friday....   yay.......

seem a long time for just one chemo session but what with the pre meds ( if you're having any )  and all the flushing inbetween time does drag on....  Paclitaxel is usually an hour session.

we are given our lunch in the chemo room if appt is around 12 ish,  i just take some biccy nibbles and water with me. 

Keep strong you lovely ladies and if i can help anyone just post on here.

mini mad xx 💖💖   Oh and my hubby finally buzzed my hair today  👩‍🦲👩‍🦲

Hey! That should be me too. I know it’s a long session and I was taken aback too😮. Will confirm with you my start date next week. Going to need friends to take and pick me up so will need to start a spreadsheet!!! Everyone has offered help so now will be their chance 😂 Hope your EC today ok and you manage se. Awful day outside and inside today. On sofa 🤢🤯😴😓

Placlitaxel starts 2/9/19 takes four hours eeek. I’ll take a picnic lol

Waiting for my appointment to see oncologist, so not sure when placlitaxel starts but I know I’ve got 4 every other week. Off to the hospital now. Take care all of you xxxx 😘

It is tough tough tough. Our minds play tricks and the drugs don’t help in that front!! I do hope the EC is okay and we will start the Paclitaxel together and be better. That is what everyone I’ve spoken to keeps telling me. Will wait for this rain to stop before walking the dog so great excuse to put my feet up and have a herbal tea ☕️

Jeez Ruby!!!!!!! What an arduous journey you’ve been on. I hope you don’t mind me saying I hope I don’t have to go through all of that. Just a reconstruction at some point. You are one helluva strong lady 💪🏻😘

P.s you look amazing in all the pics I’ve seen xx😘

Hi English rose, your right when we don’t feel great we worry more and yes I love the 10 days before the next treatment. I had lumpectomy for 25mm cancer and as one of the sentinel nodes was involved i had 2nd opp to clear rest where one more node was found. So 2/15. I’ve suffered with anxiety over the years but dealt well in the beginning of diagnosis but feeling a bit of a strain at the moment, xxx

You look great with short hair! 

I have already (previously) had two lumpectomies, lymph clearance, oopherectomy, mastectomy and free tram flap reconstruction. This time I have had another lumpectomy so my surgery is all done. Once I finish chemo that’s it, I will be released back into the wild 😜 

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

Thank you ladies for all the recent posts. I had my last EC on Monday and will begin 12 weekly Paclitaxel in September (tbc once I’ve seen my oncologist on Tuesday...) so very interested to hear your stories. 

Also Alvilajo, I am a really positive person and have not let BC stop me from doing much, but I get very anxious a few days before chemo anticipating what is ahead, and somewhat depressed during the week after chemo thinking I’m not getting any better and the cancer has spread from my lymph nodes... so completely understand where you’re coming from. I then wake up a week to the day of EC and am bouncing and happy and positive!

I think I may have mentioned before that I have already had my mastectomy. Are all you other ladies reducing your tumours before surgery?

Ruby, you’ve obviously been through the wars before! Your hair looks great 🤗 I still have quite a bit but found the GI Jane look works best for me. Though it’s thinned a bit more since this pic!E47DD30D-ECD0-4272-9E29-6A5FBDD34FDB.jpeg

Sorry if waffling. I’m suffering from steroid induced insomnia as usual first few days so only a few hours sleep last 2 nights 😳

I’m really finding the support from you all important and interesting how differently we react to the same drugs. Take care 💕✨👊🏻

Aw ruby I’m sorry, you’ve really been through it. How many chemos have you been through? You probably are an expert now 😘 x

Thank you ladies for all the recent posts. I had my last EC on Monday and will begin 12 weekly Paclitaxel in September (tbc once I’ve seen my oncologist on Tuesday...) so very interested to hear your stories. 

Also Alvilajo, I am a really positive person and have not let BC stop me from doing much, but I get very anxious a few days before chemo anticipating what is ahead, and somewhat depressed during the week after chemo thinking I’m not getting any better and the cancer has spread from my lymph nodes... so completely understand where you’re coming from. I then wake up a week to the day of EC and am bouncing and happy and positive!

I think I may have mentioned before that I have already had my mastectomy. Are all you other ladies reducing your tumours before surgery?

Ruby, you’ve obviously been through the wars before! Your hair looks great 🤗 I still have quite a bit but found the GI Jane look works best for me. Though it’s thinned a bit more since this pic!E47DD30D-ECD0-4272-9E29-6A5FBDD34FDB.jpeg

Sorry if waffling. I’m suffering from steroid induced insomnia as usual first few days so only a few hours sleep last 2 nights 😳

I’m really finding the support from you all important and interesting how differently we react to the same drugs. Take care 💕✨👊🏻

Hi Alvilajo,

its most likely nothing to worry about but get it checked if it’s making you anxious. I find the steroids make me anxious, do you? I have had a total of six tumours over eleven years now and not one of them was sore in any way, well they weren’t until I poked them night and day anyway! Hope that helps?

You are doing brilliantly, it does get tougher for some as our bodies get more battered by all the drugs but it’s still doable and you will get through this and one day it will just be a distant memory. :-) 

and after today o day it will be only eight weeks!

Ruby xx

@Alvilajo wrote:

Thanks ruby, I seem to be getting more nervous as time goes on, I’m dreading today’s last ec. My armpit feels tender where scar is, maybe I’ve pulled it gardening but that makes me nervous. I’m not coping as well as I was. But only 9 weeks  to go xxx