Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2019 chemo starters

887 REPLIES 887
Highlighted

Re: June 2019 chemo starters

Hi mini

have you joined our Facebook group? We tend to post more on there now. 
hope you’re doing ok. It’s a long old slog 😔

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good luck for a Tuesday minimad, try not to worry about mammogram, I had mine a few weeks ago it was ok. 

Ruby x

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️👭❤️for tomorrow minimad, please let us know how you get on 💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi all ladies from June 2019 chemo starters,

well i have a date for my first mammogram since all this TNBC stuff kicked off last March.

its tomorrow at 2.15.... apprehensive ??  you bet i am,  still only one boob to be checked.

wish they could somehow check the chest wall and surrounding area of my mastectomy 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
getting my thyroid nodule biopsy result on Tuesday when i see the ENT consultant again.

praying its not malignant.. 🤞🤞

big hugs sent to all who are awaiting results,  those starting their chemo soon,  those having their chemo now and those who are approaching their final sessions.

people call this a journey....  but not in my eyes..... its a rollercoaster,  the ups and downs with the good and bad.... be brave,  be strong,  be determined but above all be kind to yourself.... have totally crap days but also days when you feel more ' human ' again and make the most of them.

mini mad xx 💖💖

Highlighted
Community Champion

@Alvilajo wrote:

Hair look fab xxxx

@mini mad wrote:

517359D6-451E-468C-9F56-3F487BF04B35.jpegBCB0D080-621E-4DFD-ACAE-D7B8A35CB505.jpeg9E36ABC2-BF68-4011-8E84-9AD5B84AE240.jpegHi RUbythursday,

hows things going with you ??
im waiting for a biopsy result on a nodule on my throid 😳  hoping its not too much to worry about.

had my first hair cut today on my post chemo hair ( 6 months ago ).  Will try n post pictures to show all you lovely ladies out there that yes,  it does grow back..BB7CF110-98D6-4692-A692-2F461756E4C6.jpeg0B710139-C301-47A6-9BFB-838FB4A892FF.jpeggood luck everyone. Xx mini mad xx 💖💖

looks fabulous! Good luck with the tests x

Highlighted

Hair look fab xxxx

@mini mad wrote:

517359D6-451E-468C-9F56-3F487BF04B35.jpegBCB0D080-621E-4DFD-ACAE-D7B8A35CB505.jpeg9E36ABC2-BF68-4011-8E84-9AD5B84AE240.jpegHi RUbythursday,

im waiting for a biopsy result on a nodule on my throid 😳  hoping its not too much to worry about.

had my first hair cut today on my post chemo hair ( 6 months ago ).  Will try n post pictures to show all you lovely ladies out there that yes,  it does grow back..BB7CF110-98D6-4692-A692-2F461756E4C6.jpeg0B710139-C301-47A6-9BFB-838FB4A892FF.jpeggood luck everyone. Xx mini mad xx 💖💖

Highlighted

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Minimad, 

I need either your email address you use for your Facebook account or your facebook name or both to add you, best send me a private message. Alternately if you search for June 2019 Chemo Ladies you should be able to request to join. Looking forward to seeing you over there! Ruby xx

Highlighted

Many thanks!

H 😁

Highlighted

Hi Rubythursday,

cant seem to find your fb page,  could you add me please.

hope u remember me from June last year ??  Mini mad xx 💖💖

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Helen,

I have added you to the group 🙂 xx

Highlighted

Ruby Thursday set up the group.

You need to search it on fb .....  June 2019 Chemo Ladies.

Ruby Thursday can allow members to the group only I think as it's her group/page.

Highlighted

Hello Chicken81,

Although I haven't posted before or joined the group, I have watched and learnt with everyone, and gained massive amounts of support from all the posts.

I started in June and finished in November, had my lumpectomy and axillary node biopsy on 3rd Jan, just radiotherapy to go.....

Please would you add me to the FB group? I have some questions re menopause, skin and stuff!

Would also love to hear how everyone is getting on.

Please let me know how to join if I need to send you more details.

Thank you,

Hels

Highlighted

Hello,

Yes I've requested to join the now private fb group.

Just so you know its definitely now private, all you can see are who are the members and number of posts.

The group is set to visable so anyone can find it. So once everyone has joined and you wanted more privacy that could be changed, but don't think that matters too much.

Speak soon via fb:)

Highlighted

Thank you! I’ll have a look properly later - we are out for lunch x

Highlighted
Community Champion

@whlsarah wrote:

Happy New Year all, 

im sorry I’ve not been here much, but I’ve requested to join the fb group. 

I finished chemo in October. The last one knocked me out! Now on herceptin injections every three weeks.  I had surgery just before Christmas - which was successful. Just started tamoxifen and about to start radiotherapy 😬

Hi Sarah - I have added you 🙂 just changed the group settings to private so can still be found but only members can see the posts. Ruby x

Highlighted

Happy New Year all, 

im sorry I’ve not been here much, but I’ve requested to join the fb group. 

I finished chemo in October. The last one knocked me out! Now on herceptin injections every three weeks.  I had surgery just before Christmas - which was successful. Just started tamoxifen and about to start radiotherapy 😬

Highlighted

Also I don’t mind being an admin too. Will post in the Facebook group when it’s not public any more as I’m not tech savvy enough to know how public a public group is & I haven’t put stuff re my diagnosis on Facebook! 😝 Zed x

Highlighted

thanks for insurance tip Ruby & yes re Facebook Zxx 

Highlighted

Thanks 💉😊

Highlighted
Community Champion

ok I have created a Facebook group called June 2019 Chemo Ladies. We can discuss a different name in the group and change it 🙂 you can search for the group in Facebook or pm me your email address used for Facebook and I will add you.

it is set to public at the moment so you can find it and ask to be added, once those of you who want to be in are in we can make it a secret group. Any volunteers to be admin? Always a good idea to have at least two!

Highlighted

1st injection was a quick sharp scratch but 2nd one I didn’t feel so don’t worry xxx

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

Yes, I’m very happy to use FB or WhatsApp. Would be lovely to stay in touch. Be just started my radiotherapy and have my zoladex injection on Monday. How sore is it???!!!

xxx

Highlighted

Yes, I’m very happy to use FB or WhatsApp. Would be lovely to stay in touch. Be just started my radiotherapy and have my zoladex injection on Monday. How sore is it???!!!

xxx

Highlighted

Mines an annual one through work so can’t help sorry x

@Zed51 wrote:

Happy New Year all

has anyone taken out travel insurance since diagnosis? Any recommendations? Thanks. Zx 

Highlighted

I’m certainly up for that xxx

@rubythursday wrote:

Hello everyone, happy new year to you all!

I seem to be popping on here less and less frequently, probably as I am so knackered from work! It’s a bit of a shock to the system!

As out treatments naturally come to an end I wonder if anyone would like to keep in touch via Facebook? I am a little uncomfortable with the complete lack of privacy on here and we could have a private group on Facebook, I set this up before for the August 2011 chemo thread ladies, it has worked very well.

what do you think? 

Ruby xx (not actually my real name...)

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello everyone, happy new year to you all!

I seem to be popping on here less and less frequently, probably as I am so knackered from work! It’s a bit of a shock to the system!

As out treatments naturally come to an end I wonder if anyone would like to keep in touch via Facebook? I am a little uncomfortable with the complete lack of privacy on here and we could have a private group on Facebook, I set this up before for the August 2011 chemo thread ladies, it has worked very well.

what do you think? 

Ruby xx (not actually my real name...)

Highlighted
Community Champion

@Zed51 wrote:

Happy New Year all

has anyone taken out travel insurance since diagnosis? Any recommendations? Thanks. Zx 

Highly recommend Boots insurance

Highlighted

Happy New Year all

Highlighted

Vic, I just typed in 'june 2019 chemo starters continued', or just type in mini mad.

Looking great in the pics everyone. I've got about the same length hair, but I'm still wearing my wig.

Happy new year everyone. 

Highlighted

Hello everyone! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

so glad to hear everyone’s news and love your hair. Mine is a bit shorter and silver. I’m going to embrace the grey 🧑🏻‍🦳!!

Ive just started to feel a bit better after finishing chemo late November. Then was given a few extra weeks off but radiotherapy looms and starts this Thursday. Happy New Year 🤦‍♀️🤣D304C14A-A7C9-4ADF-AAC3-BAA283DF911E.jpeg

Highlighted

@Alvilajo wrote:

I’m so happy for you great news chic😘😘

I cant find the photos can you point me in the right direction xxxxx found your pics lovely xxx

A3BAC346-0983-46F8-B4AC-52E94F6F4779.jpeg

Highlighted

I’m so happy for you great news chic😘😘

I cant find the photos can you point me in the right direction xxxxx

Highlighted

Merry Christmas everyone x 

Mini mad, seen your post and pics, looking good, it's the same colour mine has come in too. I'll go back blonde though I'm sure.

Been almost three weeks since my lumpectomy and I'm going good.  Phsyio said I'm doing well, back there this week to check if I've got 100% movements back as I was about 90% Christmas eve.

Results back from op.....clear lymph nodes, and my chemo actually eradicated the cancer, they found two microscopic cells amongst the tissue removed, so chemo was a complete response.

Still got to have radiotherapy,  injections and the tablets though.

So it's been a very happy Christmas as I got the  news Christmas eve.

Guessing rads will be feb as I need to heal still.  Scars both look nice and neat, but oh boy did I cry like a big baby when I took off the dressings. It was just a massive sudden feeling of being able to physically see what I'd had done, it was just so overwhelming and scary seeing I'd been chopped open and put back together. The dressings covered it all very well.

I'm black with bruising so hoping it dyes down soon.

Speak soon x 

Highlighted

Hey Zed51,

must be me but cant see camera symbol so ive posted a ' new post ' under June 2019 trestment thread.

the pictures are upside down 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️  Dont know why but you can see how my hair has grown in 4 months....yeah i like the pixie look too.  x xx

Highlighted

Happy belated Christmas everyone! Hope you’re all doing well. Mini mad at the top of the message box there are some symbols including a camera one, click to upload a photo xx looking forward to seeing hairdo! Mine also coming back & also quite liking the pixie look at the mo although eyebrows still needing a bit more work! However I’m more than a month behind you so there’s hope yet! Zx 

Highlighted

Hi all from the June 2019 chemo thread.

well its been 4 months now since my final chemotherapy and thought i'd just let you know how things have been for me.

my energy is returning thank goodness,  have noticed i am walking quicker and taking my border collie Mick for longer walks now.

Still have some tingling in my feet but not bad.  Right arm where i had my picc line is still swollen and painful sometimes.  Had scan but no sign of blood clot but dr couldnt say why this was happening ??
Eyebrows are back and eye lashes also and thicker but regretably not longer 🤷‍♀️.

My hair is doing great,  mixed colour of silver ( refuse to call it grey ! 😆 ) and dark so very salt n pepper colour and i love it short.... takes me back to when i was a mod in the 60's !!     Can someone tell me how i post a picture on here please ??
Will look out for a reply 😳😳😳

So all in all things are going well for me 💖  got my second Zoladronic Acid iv on 6th January..  get that done then next one in 6 months.

First mammogram in March... 

Keep strong ladies,  those of you just starting this journey,  half way through and those coming upto the final one...  thinking of you ALL  .    
mini mad xx 💖💖

Highlighted

Wishing our little group a very merry Christmas. I hope you are all well as you can be. Lots of love vic xxx  🎄 🎄🎄😘

Highlighted

Your be fine chicken, bear with exercises they get easier, don’t rush into doing them. I found that op ok it was the armpit clearance which was worse xxx the dye was done during op for me but they put the radio active stuff in the day before, it was painless xx

@Chicken81 wrote:

Glad it checked out not to be cancer Nicky.

Vic.. Having lumptecomy and sentinel node biopsy. 

I didn't think lumptecomy was a major op, but apparently it is major surgery. 

So got loads of exercises to do from physio and leaflets for advice to stop lymphodemia and essential care and everything else. I know I'm not allowed to drive for at least two wks, but could be up to six!

I hope it's just two wks 😕

Panto today was Brill, so jumani two tomorrow, Christmas meal out with work Monday then house clean Tuesday before op. 

Got to have some dye injected Tues too prior to op. 

Good to hear you did two days Ruby, you sticking to two days for time bring with that exhausting you? 

Highlighted

Glad it checked out not to be cancer Nicky.

Vic.. Having lumptecomy and sentinel node biopsy. 

I didn't think lumptecomy was a major op, but apparently it is major surgery. 

So got loads of exercises to do from physio and leaflets for advice to stop lymphodemia and essential care and everything else. I know I'm not allowed to drive for at least two wks, but could be up to six!

I hope it's just two wks 😕

Panto today was Brill, so jumani two tomorrow, Christmas meal out with work Monday then house clean Tuesday before op. 

Got to have some dye injected Tues too prior to op. 

Good to hear you did two days Ruby, you sticking to two days for time bring with that exhausting you? 

Highlighted

Everyone has been busy! And glad this going ok though you will be concerned about your op Claire.  Let us know what’s happening. 
I’m on the sofa today  as had an op to remove my port earlier. Also had been concerned about some pains where my breast has been but scan shows it’s not cancer so that was a relief. No idea what’s causing it though!

nicky 💕

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello ladies, managed two full days this week at work, now utterly exhausted!

had a clear ct scan though, going into exemestane in the new year 😊 

hugs to you all 😊 xx

Highlighted

Hi chicken, is it a big op or lumpectomy? Your be fine I’m sure, I’ve had 11 out of 20 rads and feel fine just a bit warm xxx

@Chicken81 wrote:

How's it going Ruby being back at work? 

You OK Vic? 

I'm seeing pre-op team today, go through that assessment. Op is one wk away. I'm at the panto this weekend, so I'm making the most of my time before I'm fragile after the op.

Glad everything checked out OK Zoe, best to get checked isn't it. 

Nicky I start rads in Jan, not got date as yet. The physio gave me some post op exercises to do in prep for rads as I'll need to hold my hands over my head I'm told, and after the op that'll be hard. 

I'm nervous for the op, suppose its to be expected. 

Claire x

Highlighted

How's it going Ruby being back at work? 

You OK Vic? 

I'm seeing pre-op team today, go through that assessment. Op is one wk away. I'm at the panto this weekend, so I'm making the most of my time before I'm fragile after the op.

Glad everything checked out OK Zoe, best to get checked isn't it. 

Nicky I start rads in Jan, not got date as yet. The physio gave me some post op exercises to do in prep for rads as I'll need to hold my hands over my head I'm told, and after the op that'll be hard. 

I'm nervous for the op, suppose its to be expected. 

Claire x

Highlighted

Hi all

Nice to hear what you’re all up too. Work sounds daunting... I hope it goes well!! And Christmas festivities sound fun. I’m embracing it like never before 

I finished chemo 2 weeks ago and have been worse than when having it. Go figure 🤷‍♀️
Anyway have a break now before rads start on 2 Jan. 
Keep in touch. And sending you all best wishes 💗

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello lovelies,

sorry to hear some of you are struggling, I found the end of treatment hard last time I did chemo and the same this time. Almost like a fog comes down.

My hair is super slow to come back, it’s only just started growing proper hair instead of uncle fester fluff!

i am going back to work tomorrow for the first time since April..eek!

i have forgotten so much it will be a bit like starting a new job!

just two days this week, three next building back up to full time by January.

oncologist Tuesday to get the results from my end of chemo ct scan.

hope you have all had a fabulous weekend and have found more things to smile about than cry about!

Ruby xx

Highlighted

Isn’t it weird how your emotions swing about. I can’t tell when I’ll feel bad it just really hits me some days. Mostly ok but just started Tamoxifen which is likely to have an effect in all sorts of things I think.  
went for checkup at breast clinic on Friday due to little external lump on scar & some pain. They said it’s fine just scar tissue etc but best to check every time & not to worry if I need go again. Very quick appointment time from when I phoned up, & very thorough examination & ultrasound. Just thought might be useful for people to know in case any of you experience similar. Happy Sunday. Zoe x

Highlighted

If London winter wonderland is anything like our kielder winter wonderland that will be fun! 

Enjoy your Chinese. 

I went into work yesterday, as me and a group of friends from work do a spoof tribute act each Yr as part of the entertainment for the x factor. We entertain whilst the judges decide which house win. 

With my diagnosis I knew I wouldn't be able to take part, so we recorded me on the background footage. 

So seeing people at work was emotional, so crying at a drop of a hat yep! I'm with ya! 

Crying is my new thing sometimes. 

Sometimes I'm fine and don't cry at anything, other times I cry at the most simplist things. 

I just think we've got so much to deal with it has to come out some way or another. 

I'm off to Yorkshire this weekend for the polar express, we're excited. Love Christmas and having cancer will not stop that. 

Enjoy your weekend x 

Claire 🙂 

Highlighted

@Chicken81 wrote:

Sorry to hear you're feeling low Vic.
Are you tired from the radio?

Can you treat yourself to something nice?
Or do something nice over the weekend?
Hope you feel more refreshed ready for Monday n more rads

Hi chicken, I’m ok just could cry at drop of a hat. Thinking of going to London winter wonderland tomoz and I’m going out for a Chinese tonight. How are u xxxx vic

Highlighted

Sorry to hear you're feeling low Vic.
Are you tired from the radio?

Can you treat yourself to something nice?
Or do something nice over the weekend?
Hope you feel more refreshed ready for Monday n more rads

Highlighted

Sorry to hear you're feeling low Vic. Are you tired from the radio? Can you treat yourself to something nice? Or do something nice over the weekend? Hope you feel more refreshed ready for Monday n more rads