331125posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2019 chemo starters

834 REPLIES 834

Re: June 2019 chemo starters

Glad it went ok. My hair started growing back whilst still having my Taxol! Am embracing the grey 👩🏻‍🦳. No more hair dye for me!!! lashes and brows weird and patchy. 

Incredible how much this treatment costs. Bless the NHS...❤️

Hi Ruby,

my eyebrows n lashes also deserted me about 2 weeks after final chemo....🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

i am now 3 months post chemo and lashes and eyebrows have returned..👍👍👍

lashes i think are still growing a little but so nice to be wearing a little mascara occasionally ...  full head of hair now allbeit short all over ( no more bald patches 🙄 )

and it has returned exactly the same,  straight and salt n pepper colour... not a chemo curl in sight 😆😆😆😆

have my first review appt tday with my chemo dr snce the one i had 3 weeks after completion.  Still some tingling in toes, slight numbness under left eye, bit if leg pain,  specially when its damp n cold,  but energy is getting better 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️
Have walked nearly every day since chemo 1,  with my dog 🐶🐶

how are things with you now ??
mini mad xx 💖💖     I still come on here everyday n read the latest posts incase i can offer any advice to our ' newcomers ' .. xx

Thanks ruby, I’ve just had injection by a lovely nurse at my surgery. Bit bigger that normal ones ouch! She also said not to worry so much. Lost my brows but kept a few lashes, my hair is a cm long seems to grow quickly. Was told today one zolodex injection costs £470.00 😲😲😲

hi chicken

ive had 4 out of 6 complimentary therapy’s. Yesterday was a face and head Indian massage it was lovely. I’ve also had reflexology and back massage ❤️

Vic, forgot to say I had some reflexology as a complimentary therapy via my hospital, it was good. Having an Indian head massage next time and going to enquire about acupuncture. Hope the injections go OK for you. 

Ruby, sorry to hear you've now lost your brows n lashes. 

I still stand by lolas lashes so if you were ever to give fake lashes a try those are the ones. 

For brows, I've found using brow creme first then brow pencil once that's dry has helped mine look more realistic overall. 

I used asda creme, in blonde then brown number 7 pencil over the top, matched my hair colour perfect that way.

I've also got some light fuzzy hair growing on my face at the side, so might book on a demaplan facial, they kinda razor off your top layer of skin n hair, had it in Jan, its good, but I've never really had facial hair so it's weird seeing it now! Unless it's just coz all my hair everywhere is coming back. 

Hope you manage to draw on your brows, I know it's hard to start off with. 

Hello Ladies,

well done chemo and rads finishers!

re zoladex, I had this for about six months, the injection is fine and side effects for me were ok. I have also had anastrozole, it caused some joint pain in my thumbs bizarrely so I was moved to letrozole. Other than that hot flushes and dryness, some hair thinning with all the AI drugs I have had. It’s all doable and so much easier than chemo, remember the millions of people without issues often are busy getting on with their lives and don’t post to say they are fine so what you read on line can be a little bit skewed!

On a lighter note - my eyebrows and eyelashes fell out completely three weeks after chemo finished having held on to them for all those months! Weird eh? I know have five o clock eyebrow stubble!

Ruby xx

Good luck with your op! And hope the results are good on Christmas Eve. Do let us know Chicken 💕

Well done Nicky on last chemo Smiley Happy

Got my lumptecomy Dec 11th

Get results Christmas eve for margins n lymphodes results. 

Will keep u updated xx

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

I wish you all the best tomorrow Vic. I’ll be starting on that next year so will be interested to see how you get on. I will probably op for ovary removal after 5/6 months tbh!

I finished my chemo yesterday. That’s been 6 months so glad to see the back of it🎉🎉🎉 Bloods were rather too low but they went ahead because was last one. They’re giving me a break until after Christmas to start my radiotherapy. 

Hope everyone else is doing ok?

Nicky 💕💕💕

I wish you all the best tomorrow Vic. I’ll be starting on that next year so will be interested to see how you get on. I will probably op for ovary removal after 5/6 months tbh!

I finished my chemo yesterday. That’s been 6 months so glad to see the back of it🎉🎉🎉 Bloods were rather too low but they went ahead because was last one. They’re giving me a break until after Christmas to start my radiotherapy. 

Hope everyone else is doing ok?

Nicky 💕💕💕

@Alvilajo wrote:

I don’t know mini mad mine an injection ever 28 days to stop overies working x

@mini mad wrote:

Hi Alvilajo,

is Zolodex the same as Zoladronic acid iv's ??

Just looked it up zoldanic acids are for treating bones I assume to protect against osteoporosis whilst on other drugs x

I don’t know mini mad mine an injection ever 28 days to stop overies working x

@mini mad wrote:

Hi Alvilajo,

Hi Alvilajo,

Hi 

so nervous I start zolodex injection tomoz and a Anastrozol I’ve looked up on here and only see bad news side effects. This frightens next more than everything else as We are on it for a few years, do you think some people get on alright either it vic x

That’s great news!!!! That’s one thing ticked off the list for now at least. Enjoy the respite before the next onslaught begins 🤩🥳😘

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😁😁😁🍾🍾🥂🥂👏👏👏👏well done chicken ❤️great news last one 🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Had my last chemo yesterday. 

Had reduced dose on docetaxel as the bowels are irritated and effects of neuropathy staying more often.

Seeing surgeon on Tues so I get to find out for sure my surgery plans. 

Will keep you posted. 

Radiotherapy I guess will be Jan or Feb 2020 now. 

Agree, taste buds and sore mouth still. Crop tops sounds a good idea too xxx

Hi Alvilajo

yes I felt the worst I did on the last one. Had mine on 3rd October & getting some energy back but the terrible taste buds, watery eyes, sore skin still very much there. Just to let you know I’ve had 7 of my 15 radiotherapy sessions & they have been fine, a pain going every day but the actual thing is ok. Bit sore now but using body cream twice a day & wearing crop top type thing rather than a bra helps. Hope yours goes well 

happy weekend everyone! 
zx 

Hi mini mad yes it was my last one and radio therapy starts 21st nov for four weeks. I just wish the sore mouth would go. Poor you two months on, luckily my feet are ok as they reduced last three doses xx vic xx

@mini mad wrote:

Hi Alvilajo,

so you've had your last paclitaxel ??   Been 2 months now since my final paclitaxel and tiredness/fatigue is still pretty acute.  Also still getting aches n pains in my legs n pins  n needles in my feet,  but this is easing a bit now.

our bodies have had so much rubbish pumped into it, now surprising that nearing the end if our treatment we feel absolutely wrecked...   things will ease with time,  thats what i tell myself....be kind to yourself...💖💖

are you having radiotherapy next ??  Sorry....chemo fog.... if i've asked before 🤪🤪

mini mad xx 💖💖

Hi Alvilajo,

so you've had your last paclitaxel ??   Been 2 months now since my final paclitaxel and tiredness/fatigue is still pretty acute.  Also still getting aches n pains in my legs n pins  n needles in my feet,  but this is easing a bit now.

our bodies have had so much rubbish pumped into it, now surprising that nearing the end if our treatment we feel absolutely wrecked...   things will ease with time,  thats what i tell myself....be kind to yourself...💖💖

are you having radiotherapy next ??  Sorry....chemo fog.... if i've asked before 🤪🤪

mini mad xx 💖💖

Hi, 

this last placlitaxel is really hard I’m so tired still and my mouth is so sore and a cold sore and cracked lips, worst I’ve felt on this chemo ride. Anyone else take longer to get over the last one xxx

@Alvilajo wrote:

I feel the odd one out for the first time lol. I’ve done office work call centre but royal defo the best we have a laugh. I’m thinking beginning of feb but might be too soon as they say your more tired after xxx

Morning all, I am not a teacher and I don’t work in a school! I work for the county council managing it suppliers, contracts and service levels :-) i will be doing a phased return when I go back, meeting my boss for coffee next Wednesday to catch up and agree details.

hope you are all ok on this soggy Saturday. Ruby xx

I feel the odd one out for the first time lol. I’ve done office work call centre but royal defo the best we have a laugh. I’m thinking beginning of feb but might be too soon as they say your more tired after xxx

So lovely to hear people coming to the end of treatments. My radiotherapy starts next week on Halloween so wonder if it’ll make me glow in the dark 🎃 

I’m also a teacher, I work with teenagers in a special school currently full time. Just about to go onto half pay. Not sure when I’ll go back & will do phased return. Had my surgery before chemo so just radio plus the ongoing targeted therapy. Definitely not before Feb half term but possibly not til Easter which will be a year since I stopped.... agree need be mentally & physically strong enough before try! 
my herceptin/ pertuzumab dose was cancelled today as all the hospital systems down after a power cut so they’ve got staff coming in to catch up tomorrow so am going in on a Saturday! Crazy. Happy weekend everyone x

Hi Vic

i work at a school 3 days and they’ve been great too. I’m planning on going back after Feb half term. My radio will be January, I’ve just got 15 sessions as far as I know so giving myself 3 weeks treatment plus 2 weeks post treatment to recover as say symptoms can get worse for a couple of weeks after. 
💕💕💕

Well done Vic on last chemo Smiley Happy

I'll be going back by May 2020, I'm a teacher, so need to be emotionally ready for going back as well as physically. 

Wow Ruby, back to work by end of Yr, sounds great Smiley Happy

Why not do something nice over wkend to cheer yourself up? 

Englishrose, thanks, I'll get the pillow sorted. I've to book via hospital for the appointments, do I'll need to book in something, the therapist is in on my chemo days, so guess I'd need to book around chemo session. 

So whilst I'm awaiting final chemo, for surgery n rads I need so far from advice.... 

Pillow, surgery open at front bra (ordered the Stella one how many needed?), crop/vest top, creams (Vic suggested x2), non metallic deodrant.

Is that all? 

I've got x1 more full pay, thought last one was Oct, but its Nov.

Want to get sorted as much as poss for next two stages now. 

I'm packing for half term glamping and got a big Halloween party, so I'll start prepping after half term. 

Didn't go to weightwatchers this week, was too ill. So I need to go back to that, got to start thinking getting back being fitter too. 

Have a good weekend everyone Smiley Happy 

What jobs do you all do and are you all planning on going back straight after radio therapy. 
I work in the enquiry office at Royal Mail part time 4 afternoons a week, they’ve been fab and will go back on reduced hours, I’ve also got 7 weeks holiday I can use in between each week I start back on vic x

Well done Vic on last chemo Smiley Happy

Wow Ruby, back to work by end of Yr, sounds great Smiley Happy

Why not do something nice over wkend to cheer yourself up? 

Englishrose, thanks, I'll get the pillow sorted. I've to book via hospital for the appointments, do I'll need to book in something, the therapist is in on my chemo days, so guess I'd need to book around chemo session. 

So whilst I'm awaiting final chemo, for surgery n rads I need so far from advice.... 

Pillow, surgery open at front bra (ordered the Stella one how many needed?), crop/vest top, creams (Vic suggested x2), non metallic deodrant.

Is that all? 

I've got x1 more full pay, thought last one was Oct, but its Nov.

Want to get sorted as much as poss for next two stages now. 

I'm packing for half term glamping and got a big Halloween party, so I'll start prepping after half term. 

Didn't go to weightwatchers this week, was too ill. So I need to go back to that, got to start thinking getting back being fitter too. 

Have a good weekend everyone Smiley Happy 

hello all! I am still here 😊 finished chemo two weeks ago, bit down tbh last few days but physically starting to recover at least! Back to work start of December. Ruby xx
@mini mad wrote:

Hi again Alvilajo,  no i didnt burn, but by the final rad i was going pink.  I wore a crop top most of the time.  Used loads of cream and would apply it after each rad before i got dressed.  Also used my husband John's cotton hankies under my boobs,  nice and cool.

not weird or anything but try n lie on your bed topless for a while each day,  fresh air us good for the skin.

my paclitaxel and carboplatin where never reduced.. when i had a reaction twice to the paclitaxel ,  i had it for the first 30 mns at a slower rate then increased to normal rate.

i have my next Zoladronic infusion in january 2020.  Cant stand cannulas 😳😳

take care.  Mini mad xx 💖💖   Ps. Dont see Rubythursday on here,  has she finished her chemo ?? do you know..

Hi again Alvilajo,  no i didnt burn, but by the final rad i was going pink.  I wore a crop top most of the time.  Used loads of cream and would apply it after each rad before i got dressed.  Also used my husband John's cotton hankies under my boobs,  nice and cool.

not weird or anything but try n lie on your bed topless for a while each day,  fresh air us good for the skin.

my paclitaxel and carboplatin where never reduced.. when i had a reaction twice to the paclitaxel ,  i had it for the first 30 mns at a slower rate then increased to normal rate.

i have my next Zoladronic infusion in january 2020.  Cant stand cannulas 😳😳

take care.  Mini mad xx 💖💖   Ps. Dont see Rubythursday on here,  has she finished her chemo ?? do you know..

Thanks Shi good idea x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🥳🥳🥳🥳👏👏👏👏👏😁😁😁well done alvilajo ❤️❤️❤️glad you rang the heck out the bell 💪💪💪 they will advise not to wear a bra, get a vest top to wear under clothes and drape a scarf round to distract from bra less 👍 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Hi mini mad, I’ve bought my creams dr organic aloe Vera gel and dr organic manuka honey cream, did you burn and could u still wear a bra. Sorry your still having problems, did they not reduce your dose like they did mine to help.

vic x

@mini mad wrote:

Hi Alvilajo,

so you're all finished with your chemo today.....excellent news 💖💖💖💖 and PICC line out....i sooo enjoyed my first shower, no more having to keep it dry...😬😬 but i did wait a few days.   The ring of that bell i bet felt awesome ,  gonna feel odd for a while without any appointments but i didnt miss it one bit😆😆

i think you have radiotherapy next ???  Thats a doddle compared to chemo,  if i can answer any questions,  please just ask xx

been 2 months since my final chemo and am noticing that i dont feel quite so tired now.  My hair is sprouting well and its all over my head now.   Hubby says i dont need to wear my scarf but i've not been brave enough yet to go out in public.... dont want to get those awful stares...

anyway keep being positive,  you have come so far you should be proud of yourself , and now onto the next part.   Big hugs.. mini mad xx 💖💖

still getting some rotten pains in my legs and pins n needles in feet and back of lower legs.  Seeing my chemo dr nxt month for my 3 month review

Hi Alvilajo,

so you're all finished with your chemo today.....excellent news 💖💖💖💖 and PICC line out....i sooo enjoyed my first shower, no more having to keep it dry...😬😬 but i did wait a few days.   The ring of that bell i bet felt awesome ,  gonna feel odd for a while without any appointments but i didnt miss it one bit😆😆

i think you have radiotherapy next ???  Thats a doddle compared to chemo,  if i can answer any questions,  please just ask xx

been 2 months since my final chemo and am noticing that i dont feel quite so tired now.  My hair is sprouting well and its all over my head now.   Hubby says i dont need to wear my scarf but i've not been brave enough yet to go out in public.... dont want to get those awful stares...

anyway keep being positive,  you have come so far you should be proud of yourself , and now onto the next part.   Big hugs.. mini mad xx 💖💖

still getting some rotten pains in my legs and pins n needles in feet and back of lower legs.  Seeing my chemo dr nxt month for my 3 month review

I did it. last chemo done and dusted. I cried and rang the bell, lots of hugs from nurses too. Pick line gone yay 😀 xxxx

I’m on half pay but I stopped working when I was diagnosed, I’ve got til feb before I go to zero Pay, hope you get your pamper sessions xx

@Chicken81 wrote:

Hi Vic, 

I've made contact with our local charity that offers complimentary therapy, fingers crossed 🤞 they've got something suitable.

I've surgery after last chemo in Nov and then radiotherapy, so not thought about creams. 

Guess I best buy creams and bio oil in now whilst I'm still on full pay!

Almost time to go to half pay. 

Make sure you get a Jen’s mastectomy  pillow Chicken. They really are invaluable post-op recovery. 

Complimentary therapies are great. I enjoy my reflexology when I have my chemo. 
Managed to have my Paclitaxel chemo this week. Seems my body tolerates this 75% dosage every other week atm. 5 more sessions to go!

xxx

Hi Vic, 

I've made contact with our local charity that offers complimentary therapy, fingers crossed 🤞 they've got something suitable.

I've surgery after last chemo in Nov and then radiotherapy, so not thought about creams. 

Guess I best buy creams and bio oil in now whilst I'm still on full pay!

Almost time to go to half pay. 

Hi chicken, yes it was my breast nurse who referred me to a local charity in my area. It was so relaxing. The lady I went to is lovely has her own business but does a few ladies each week for charity. I don’t think acupuncture sounds fun tho lol. Next time she suggested a back massage but I’m not sure about laying on my front for that long although she did say I could sit and have it done. 
have you chosen what creams your going to use for radio therapy yet. I’ve been recommended to use dr organic aloe Vera gel for straight after treatment and dr organic manuka honey rescue cream from a friend who had r/t vic xxx

Vic, good news on being closer for radiotherapy. 

I've x1 chemo left, Nov 7th for me.

Good news on complimentary therapy. 

I think I've found a charity that offers massages and acupuncture and such like, not sure if I should go for it. 

Was yours via the hospital? 

Had my first complimentary massage today, well it was reflexology then a head massage followed by reiki, so relaxing and it’s my last chemo on Thursday yay!! Also my radio therapy now in Canterbury only 17 miles not 40 as before 😊

hope your all ok xxxx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Zed,

I had really sore eyes during the last 3 chemos (T)… they watered all the time and made my skin sore.  I think it was the chemo reaction or the lack of eyelashes.. thankfully within a couple of weeks of stopping chemo they eased off again. 

Kip

x

Hi Zed51

I had my last docetaxol a week ago and my eyes are sore too. I find it very difficult to focus for many minutes but just glad to be on the next phase of this journey. I have my surgery on 19th November. 

Good luck

Hi. Anyone else suffering from watery eyes? I’m almost 3 weeks post final docetaxel & was told it is a side effect but really making my skin around the eyes so sore from constant watering these last few days. Don’t think outdoor cooler air helps either. Look like I’ve been crying a lot! Zed x

Louise your docs should prescribe anything you need for side effects. 

My doc gave me heart burn tablets and oral thrush tablets and yes Vic, cream for my bum as it was red raw from diarrhea. 

I take senokot to combat constipation, then tablets from chemo ward for diarrhoea. 

Very fine line between these symptoms :/

Had chemo 7/8 today, so hoping I can manage symptoms again like I did for 6/8 

Thanks Alvilajo, didnt realise there was a nurses section - I'll go and look for it

Louise

Yes x

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

I don’t know. But you do have your prescription exemption card don’t you? 😘

I don’t know. But you do have your prescription exemption card don’t you? 😘

Aw bless why dont you ask on the nurses section and see what they advise 😘xx

@louisefpage wrote:

Hi Alvilajo

I had my last session 3 weeks ago. Thought I had got away with the toenail side effect.  They are so tender, am worried nails will fall off.

Louise

Hi Alvilajo

I had my last session 3 weeks ago. Thought I had got away with the toenail side effect.  They are so tender, am worried nails will fall off.

Louise