62869members
330574posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2019 chemo starters

Re: June 2019 chemo starters

Hey Michelle how’s today going for you? I started aching yesterday from my pelvis and down my legs , not horrendous but taken tablets.  today my feet feel strange like they don’t entirely belong to me. Been out for half hour walk but tired as didn’t sleep to good, no more steroids so hopefully will be better tonight

vic x

Hi Michelle, it is tough but I keep thinking 6 weeks last one. I’m not sleeping to well, hot flushes wake me up and I’m tossing and turning all night  I normally manage 6/7 hours. Tops of my legs/hips are a bit achey now. Hoping I still get a good few days feeling normal before next round. 

Vic x

@Michelle78 wrote:

Hey Vic, 

Mine was about 4hrs total,  had the steriods iv'd  just none to come home with,  thinking about it,  I was a bit emotional this am, prob from the original lot pumped through ? 

Then had x1 jab to do on Thursday (wbc one) 

I had to apologise to the nurse & My Mum as hid away in my hoodie - due to not wanting to talk, dreading the new s/e,  getting heavy headed from the piriton and also to mask the 'smell' on the unit - not a terrible smell, but just me with my memory/anticipation nausea/low gag reflex !  I was def more fidgety as wanted to get out, felt long after the other ones...

Hope you feel better asap and fingers crossed for little or no aches ?

I'm hoping for relief from them - but maybe asking too soon or not? Plenty of hot baths, hot water bottle & pain relief at the ready (their not so bad, just annoying) 

All the unknown again with the new cocktail hey ?! 

Keep me updated with how you are doing & we'll compare along the way 

Michelle  xx 

Hey Vic, 

Mine was about 4hrs total,  had the steriods iv'd  just none to come home with,  thinking about it,  I was a bit emotional this am, prob from the original lot pumped through ? 

Then had x1 jab to do on Thursday (wbc one) 

I had to apologise to the nurse & My Mum as hid away in my hoodie - due to not wanting to talk, dreading the new s/e,  getting heavy headed from the piriton and also to mask the 'smell' on the unit - not a terrible smell, but just me with my memory/anticipation nausea/low gag reflex !  I was def more fidgety as wanted to get out, felt long after the other ones...

Hope you feel better asap and fingers crossed for little or no aches ?

I'm hoping for relief from them - but maybe asking too soon or not? Plenty of hot baths, hot water bottle & pain relief at the ready (their not so bad, just annoying) 

All the unknown again with the new cocktail hey ?! 

Keep me updated with how you are doing & we'll compare along the way 

Michelle  xx 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh chicken you’ve got 🌪 bum from t, Imodium and up your carbs, tell your unit too and take in more fluids. Did you get meds for the thrush? Baby bum wipes and bucket of anosol will help 🌪bum. It runs out quicker than a greyhound out of a trap doesn’t it 😲😲😲you’ll be ok Imodium and carbs 👍💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi Michelle, I’ve not had aches yet but have had dry mouth and bit of sore throat. Feeling tired tonight and bit tearful earlier. Not looking forward to injections starting as give me headaches. Hope your aches go quickly. I wanted the curtains pulled round me at chemo but didn’t have the courage to ask, I didn’t feel like talking either. I still had steroids tho. Mine took 5 hours, I had achey legs it was awful 

Vic xxx

@Michelle78 wrote:

Hi Ladies,  

Just caught up on all your goings on - been trying to avoid online to help my head ! 

Glad you got your mouth/throat check out Chicken,  I've been using the difflam more quickly into cycles for the last couple, as felt the twinges going on ... 

Avilajo - We are are the same point, I had my 1st paclitaxel on Wednesday,   was absolutely zonked after the piriton - like an instant cloud in my head after infusion, spent about an hr with a hoodie on backwards to avoid talking to anyone - I wasn't very sociable - was dreading the new side effects

However, apart from being tired (Weds) 

I was fine on Thursday, then last night back ache started and in full force today - reasonable ache  - gave in & took ibruprofen this afternoon & have my hot water bottle 

I also have experienced super dry mouth this time, so trying to drink more  ? 

I've had no nausea or bad 'EC' taste which is a relief and no anti sickness & steriods to bring home, so no marshmellow head - which I think was the worst part 

Ruby,  how horrible having a reaction  - glad you had lots of attention to help you 

Hope you have a lovely weekend away 

Minimad, again so glad you are done & thank you for the 'tips' about paclitaxel 

Michelle 

Hi Ladies,  

Just caught up on all your goings on - been trying to avoid online to help my head ! 

Glad you got your mouth/throat check out Chicken,  I've been using the difflam more quickly into cycles for the last couple, as felt the twinges going on ... 

Avilajo - We are are the same point, I had my 1st paclitaxel on Wednesday,   was absolutely zonked after the piriton - like an instant cloud in my head after infusion, spent about an hr with a hoodie on backwards to avoid talking to anyone - I wasn't very sociable - was dreading the new side effects

However, apart from being tired (Weds) 

I was fine on Thursday, then last night back ache started and in full force today - reasonable ache  - gave in & took ibruprofen this afternoon & have my hot water bottle 

I also have experienced super dry mouth this time, so trying to drink more  ? 

I've had no nausea or bad 'EC' taste which is a relief and no anti sickness & steriods to bring home, so no marshmellow head - which I think was the worst part 

Ruby,  how horrible having a reaction  - glad you had lots of attention to help you 

Hope you have a lovely weekend away 

Minimad, again so glad you are done & thank you for the 'tips' about paclitaxel 

Michelle 

Shi... Difflam, on it Smiley Happy 

Ps ordered in my shopping that honey £20 for a jar, hope it's good Smiley Happy

OK.... I'm sorry but need to ask.... Has doxectaxal given any one diarrhea?? 

Tues it started, yesterday as well as oral thrush tablets doc gave me some cream as I'm on fire 🔥 and it's like glass each time I 💩.

I eat, 20min later... 💩

Hoping the cream starts to relieve me a bit, any helpful advice welcome. 

Ouch!!! 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi chicken sorry you have thrush. It gave me oral thrush each round so get fluconzole as kip said 👍make sure you have them in every goody bad and a couple of bottles of difflam 👍it’s a 😡but it keeps you safe 😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Glad it went OK Smiley Happy

Have a blast at centre parks ruby 👍

I think I'll buy some honey too 🍯 worth a try I suppose, thanks 

Feeling fine today but if dry mouth. Enjoy your break away sounds fun xxxx

@rubythursday wrote:

Good morning ladies,

Thrush is horrid, my darling hubby gave me food with chilies in it when I had it, made me cry! Hope it’s better soon.

Alvilajo good news it all went well, how are you feeling today? I had my paclitaxel yesterday and apart from sore feet feeling pretty human today!

nearly didn’t have it though as mentioned to chemo nurse I have been having palpitations and was whisked off for an ecg (which was fine) and have been told that although they let yesterday’s go ahead I won’t be able to have next weeks big combined Carboplatin/nab paclitaxel until I have had a heart echo scan which they are trying to get in for me before next week. If not I will miss a week, Carboplatin can cause heart damage. I think it’s a red herring, but what do I know!

i am off to centerparcs tomorrow for the weekend, ten of us going including all my kids, grandson, parents and ex sister in law! Should be fun, I have hired a mobility scooter as my walking limit is only about a mile now and I get knackered really easily! I won’t be swimming for obvious reasons but I don’t mind as last time my kids tricked me into going down a hideous water slide while they all waited at the bottom laughing their heads off :-) 

keep well all of you,

Ruby xx

Good morning ladies,

Thrush is horrid, my darling hubby gave me food with chilies in it when I had it, made me cry! Hope it’s better soon.

Alvilajo good news it all went well, how are you feeling today? I had my paclitaxel yesterday and apart from sore feet feeling pretty human today!

nearly didn’t have it though as mentioned to chemo nurse I have been having palpitations and was whisked off for an ecg (which was fine) and have been told that although they let yesterday’s go ahead I won’t be able to have next weeks big combined Carboplatin/nab paclitaxel until I have had a heart echo scan which they are trying to get in for me before next week. If not I will miss a week, Carboplatin can cause heart damage. I think it’s a red herring, but what do I know!

i am off to centerparcs tomorrow for the weekend, ten of us going including all my kids, grandson, parents and ex sister in law! Should be fun, I have hired a mobility scooter as my walking limit is only about a mile now and I get knackered really easily! I won’t be swimming for obvious reasons but I don’t mind as last time my kids tricked me into going down a hideous water slide while they all waited at the bottom laughing their heads off :-) 

keep well all of you,

Ruby xx

I had one bout of thrush with ec, hope u feel better soon chicken c

@Chicken81 wrote:

Good luck Alviljo for this afternoon.

Doctor said I've got thrush, so got some tablets. Hope this isn't going to be case all the time. But glad I checked and didn't just think it was a sore throat only. 

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Sore mouth tips.... Just had a thought I'd pass on,  manuka honey.. Lots of ladies use manuka honey and I used to take a spoonful each morning and let it sit on my tongue and mouth before swallowing. Its supposed to be antiseptic and good for you.  Anything worth a try hey. 

Hi

it was fine no reactions, antihistamines zonked me out tho xxx

Good luck,  let us know how you get on.  Mini mad xx

Good luck Alviljo for this afternoon.

Doctor said I've got thrush, so got some tablets. Hope this isn't going to be case all the time. But glad I checked and didn't just think it was a sore throat only. 

Good Luck Alvilajo. Hope it goes well x

Just waiting to go and have my first of four placlitaxel. Feeling nervous xx

Called doctor and he wants to have a look to ensure its not an infection. 

If it's not he said he'll give me something to ease the effects. 

I'll get that mouth wash out and started too. 

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

You poor ladies with sore mouths.  I had that too, definitely start the mouthwash and if your tongue feels at all odd and thick white definitely speak to the hotline.  I got oral thrush and it was yucckkk…  I was given some medicine to swish around my mouth and some Fluconazole tablets to take daily and used Difflam mouthwash.  Once I got on top of that it was ok.  Every cycle afterwards I always got the Fluconozole and started them as soon as I got a twinge in the mouth area and it kept it pretty well.  I also made up cooled boiled salt water and rinsed with that after eating and throughout the day.  

Sending you love...

Kip

x

Morning Chicken, sorry you are having trouble, start the mouthwash but also please call your chemo people as that could well also be an infection- better safe than sorry. Also if it is oral thrush you will need some meds. Xx
@Chicken81 wrote:

Thanks min mad.

My throat is worse, zed think I'm starting to come along the same lines as you now.

So I need to start with the mouth wash? 

Any other tips? 

It's feeling like tonsillitis, you know when you just get pain. 

Think ill need soup n ice cream today! 

Ouch! 

Thanks min mad.

My throat is worse, zed think I'm starting to come along the same lines as you now.

So I need to start with the mouth wash? 

Any other tips? 

It's feeling like tonsillitis, you know when you just get pain. 

Think ill need soup n ice cream today! 

Ouch! 

Hi  Chicken81 and everybody else on the June Chemo link.

hoping at whatever stage you lovely ladies find yourselves,  that you are managing to keep positve and coping with the dreaded side effects.... they just seem to pop out 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Chicken81 you mentioned a sore throat ??   Keep an eye on the area just behind the roof of your mouth... this is how my red patches started.... any sign, start the Difflam  mouth wash straight away.

i also made some mouthwash with salt and bicarb of soda n used it to rinse everytime i ate.

so keep strong and look further down the line to when you all have your final treatments and can then take the next step as i am now to your recovery....

BIG HUGS... mini mad xx 💖💖

T 

Hi Zed, yep no sickness but tired. A few aches, like growing pains or if you've had a good day on your feet type  pains going on today. 

I had a Sunday dinner today and could taste it, so not all taste is gone, but it's muted somewhat mainly I'd say. 

Not suffered like you for sore mouth, but poss could have a sore throat starting. 

Here's to a new wk and seeing what sideeffects  that'll pop out.

It's almost like starting chemo for first time changing the regime of drugs :/

Hi Mini Mad

I had my op in May. Followed by 3xEc then it should be 9 weeks of Paciltaxel with Carboplatin every 3 weeks. Then Radiotherapy. To be finished by Christmas is my goal.

I am sure you are happy to be finished. Good Luck for the future and hope you keep well. x

Chicken I’m on same stuff as you. Think I’ve lost taste of some things but not others? Very weird. Can’t be doing with cheese which is normally my go to food. No sickness but external skin soreness has now replaced the burning mouth & throat. Has that happened to you? Also feeling more tired than with FEC but maybe that’s the cumulative effect.... 

Hope all of you are enjoying the sunny breezy first day of September. Had a gentle dog walk with my crazy spaniel which lifted my spirits! 

Take care allxxx

Good afternoon Hope.

yes i had my FINAL treatment on friday 23rd August.

no more now,  this was just a mop up as i had my surgery in April.

what s your treatment plan n are you awaiting surgery after chemo ??

mini mad xx 💖💖

Hope 62, keep us posted, they'll work it out though, don't worry.

Still no sickness after HTP dox(traz) , perz and herc. 

I think I've lost my taste buds though? 

Does the dox(traz) do that? 

Chemo brain so cannot spell my drugs today. 

♥ 

Thanks mini mad. Nice to hear that it worked out okay for you. They stopped the Chemo for me and checked my obs for the next three hours before they let me go home. Fingers crossed I am as lucky as you if they keep me on Paclitaxel.

Have you finished your treatment now?

love Hope x

Hi hoped62,

yes i also had a reaction to Paclitaxel about 5 minutes in.

horrendous lower back pain spasms like someone hitting me with a sledge hammer.

lots of nurses n doctor coming to my rescue with injections... lasted about 25 mnutes but slowly getting easier.  

Sat quietly to recover and then nurses started treatment again but going in at half the usual rate which they continued to do each time i had my treatment.  Half an hour at slow rate then increased to usual rate for the remainder.  I didnt have any further reaction to Paclitaxel for the rest of my treatment,  my last of 12 was fri 23rd of this month.

hoping you get on better next time.   Mini mad xx 💖💖

@Hope62 wrote:

Hello ladies, Hope you all doing well.

I had my first session of Paclitaxal yesterday. They had to stop it after a couple of minutes as I had a severe reaction to it. It was very scary when the nurse pressed the panic button and I was surrounded by a team if medics. My face was burning and had horrendous lower back pain. Thankfully they got me through it.

After sailing through 3xEC I never expected anything like this. I have an appointment with the Oncologist on Tuesday to see what happens next.

Has anyone else had any problems with Paclitaxol?

Oh dear poor you. I start that next Wednesday, not looking forward to it. Let us know what they say  xx

Thank Ruby. I hope I don't have to go through it again before they change it. Hope you are doing well with your treatment x

Hi Hope, yes I had a severe reaction to it as well, when it happened again they got special funding to change me to nab paclitaxel or Abraxane as it is known. I have been fine with that. Ask your oncologist about it and if you react again they might change you? 

Mine felt like like a heart attack, bloody scary!

Ruby xx

@Hope62 wrote:

I had my first session of Paclitaxal yesterday. They had to stop it after a couple of minutes as I had a severe reaction to it. It was very scary when the nurse pressed the panic button and I was surrounded by a team if medics. My face was burning and had horrendous lower back pain. Thankfully they got me through it.

After sailing through 3xEC I never expected anything like this. I have an appointment with the Oncologist on Tuesday to see what happens next.

Hello Ladies,

Zed chocolate mousse sounds like a plan!

Chicken so pleased for you no sickness. - I have indeed heard of Willow, when I was first diagnosed at 38 they very kindly awarded me funds and organised for me and my hubby tickets for Glastonbury (sold out at the time) we had an amazing trip and they are an awesome charity. At 49 now I am too old!

i had my nab paclitaxel on Wednesday, newts were just high enough to go ahead. Waiting for the bone pain to kick back in but not too bad at the moment 

hope you are all ok?

Ruby x

@Chicken81 wrote:

Hi, 

Yep had my treatment today. 

It's almost 10pm and I'm not feeling sick! So far better than EC!

Today I was told after HTP then the herception will be a cycle of 8 chemo rounds via injection rather than through canular.

Hope I'm the same as you with aches as main issue. 

Anyone heard of these sites.... 

Ellie friends, free gifts to those on cancer treatments 

Site link

Willow charity, free special days for those 40yrs old and under.

Site link

Hi, 

Yep had my treatment today. 

It's almost 10pm and I'm not feeling sick! So far better than EC!

Today I was told after HTP then the herception will be a cycle of 8 chemo rounds via injection rather than through canular.

Hope I'm the same as you with aches as main issue. 

Anyone heard of these sites.... 

Ellie friends, free gifts to those on cancer treatments 

Site link

Willow charity, free special days for those 40yrs old and under.

Site link

Chicken81 I love the pic. I’ve had 3xFEC and last week first herceptin & pertuzumab on Wednesday IV for couple of hours then had to stay on ward til 7pm make sure no reaction. Then docetaxel on Thursday. So same regime as you nearly except this time over 2 days & I'm having 4 in total. So had it a week ago & felt ok but tired, achy bones for a couple of days. Have now got very sore throat & mouth which hospital have given me mouthwash for & I’ve decided my diet should consist basically of chocolate mousse as can swallow that. Also sore skin. I need ask if the herceptin can be injection after chemo bit over but I was given the impression that with pertuzumab as well had to be IV?? But not sure keep getting different answers. Will ask next appointment. Guess you’ve had yours? Was it ok? Z x

My reply dissappeared? 

Anyway, it was.... 

Thank you for the kind comments. 

I also said I'm getting a second wig. So I feel like I've curled my hair (I'm getting a curly wig in the same colour as my straight one in the pic)

Black sponge, I didn't know but do now... Its just a spacer so box contents don't move around in the starter box. 

Re magnetic lashes that stick either side of your lashes... I never trued them, but maybe when mine grow back it maybe an option to try out. But I'm pretty happy with the magnetic liner. But the liner does take getting used to applying, but doing it each day it's easier after a week or so! 

Not sure what else I wrote. 

Hope this reply works! 

Thank you for all your complements, I try to not look ill as much as possible Smiley Happy 
I've no idea about the sponge either. I might ask them.  I've never tried the magnetic ones where you have your lashes in between them. If they work they'll be great. 
I'm going to buy another wig, same colour as the one in the pic, but with a curl to it. I want to feel like I used to and have curly hair on some days. 
Got some on order in the wig shop to try on, all needed ordering in as they didn't have the right colours in. 
@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

Wow!!!! You look amazing 😍😍😍

I have the Rose Quartz now but yet to try them. Your eye shape really suits them. I’m not sure about mine... The liner always looks awful on me 😭. I will try again and post a picture when I can. I still do have lashes and find with my primer they don’t look too bad. I was wondering about magnetic ones whilst I still have lashes. Have you ever tried these??Can you tell me what the black sponge thing is for???!!!

So pleased you had fun away. It’s so important. I’m not going to be on the same drugs as you I’m afraid so no help there. I start my Paclitaxel on Monday and lots of the ladies have been able to help with that. Good luck!!!

💕💕💕

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😁glad I made you 🤣😂🤣😂🤣ruby Thursday 😁😁as you know us crazeeys from oct17 chemo had a lot of 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂most days, now no hiding the pickled onions anywhere on your husband 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣do feel free to stick the pickled gherkin where ever you like though, he deserves it 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣💕💕✨✨Shi xx

thanks ladies for your kind words 💕 means a lot when you are feeling crappy.

chicken love the eyelashes.

Shi you just made me properly laugh for the first time in a little while 😂 salad garnished gonads 🥗🤣

@Shi wrote:

Ruby Thursday you are 💪💪amazing if you don’t mind me saying so ❤️I think I’d have minced my husband and stuck him on the bbq and garnished his gonads with the salad 🥊🥊🥊you need a rest not bbq party. Did make me go 🙄 sorry you’ve a delay, but always best to get next on when you can 🥊🥊it 😘😘 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Wow!!!! You look amazing 😍😍😍

I have the Rose Quartz now but yet to try them. Your eye shape really suits them. I’m not sure about mine... The liner always looks awful on me 😭. I will try again and post a picture when I can. I still do have lashes and find with my primer they don’t look too bad. I was wondering about magnetic ones whilst I still have lashes. Have you ever tried these??Can you tell me what the black sponge thing is for???!!!

So pleased you had fun away. It’s so important. I’m not going to be on the same drugs as you I’m afraid so no help there. I start my Paclitaxel on Monday and lots of the ladies have been able to help with that. Good luck!!!

💕💕💕

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Chicken ❤️Stunning 😁 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ruby Thursday you are 💪💪amazing if you don’t mind me saying so ❤️I think I’d have minced my husband and stuck him on the bbq and garnished his gonads with the salad 🥊🥊🥊you need a rest not bbq party. Did make me go 🙄 sorry you’ve a delay, but always best to get next on when you can 🥊🥊it 😘😘 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Nicky, which lashes did you buy? 

Can you post a pic? 

I've now bought sapphire, here's my new pic....

DSC_0220.JPG

Glad you've finish now mini mad, great news Smiley Happy

I've not been on here for about two wks as we've been away to the lakes then to Yorkshire. Made most of the great weather and had some great camping trips. 

Decided we'll book up a yurt in Oct. 

Now I'm one day away from New chemo regime. 

X4 EC done.

Now I'm starting x4 herceptin, docetaxel and pertuzumab.

Anyone had all of these three? 

I'm told I'll be in all day almost. 

I'll not get herceptin injections til after my chemo I'm told. 

♥ Chicken 

Hi Ruby,

you certainly seem to be going through it....  this big C is a bitch...

hoping your bloods etc pick up so paclitaxel can go ahead.  Get another session out the way.

mini mad xx 💖💖   This heats awful....  wheres the storm/rain they're forecasting...☔️☔️

Oh no!! It’s so hot, just got in car and it said 38. Lots of cold showers I think 🙄. Good luck tomoz xxx

@rubythursday wrote:

Thanks Alvilajo. Went for bloods and flush today, ended up being pumped full of antibiotics and sepsis screened for five hours. Neutrophils are too low for chemo tomorrow, potassium also low and I have some signs of infection so got to be retested again tomorrow afternoon to see if my nab paclitaxel can go ahead or not. Am on antibiotics already so hopefully should sort it out.

only bonus of five hours in chemo suite was aircon!

@Alvilajo wrote:

Aw ruby sorry your suffering so badly, it’s so not fair xxxx

@rubythursday wrote:

I am like others struggling with the bone pain, very reluctant to take any stronger painkillers as they all seem to cause horrible constipation! But may have no choice, Husband has invited our parents over for a bbq this afternoon, he has had a taste of doing all the ‘easy side salads etc’  😜 as I am fit for pretty much nothing, I can’t even stand for more than a few minutes!  Don’t think I will be good company as very grumpy when in pain!

my hair was literally coming out in massive handfuls earlier in the week and I had chunks of scalp shining through like a crazed monk so I shaved it off, eyebrows surviving so far. 

This is has been the second worse cycle so far for me, but it is the combination one of carboplatin and nab paclitaxel so maybe not surprising. 

Try and stay cool if you can Ladies xx

Thanks Alvilajo. Went for bloods and flush today, ended up being pumped full of antibiotics and sepsis screened for five hours. Neutrophils are too low for chemo tomorrow, potassium also low and I have some signs of infection so got to be retested again tomorrow afternoon to see if my nab paclitaxel can go ahead or not. Am on antibiotics already so hopefully should sort it out.

only bonus of five hours in chemo suite was aircon!

@Alvilajo wrote:

@rubythursday wrote:

I am like others struggling with the bone pain, very reluctant to take any stronger painkillers as they all seem to cause horrible constipation! But may have no choice, Husband has invited our parents over for a bbq this afternoon, he has had a taste of doing all the ‘easy side salads etc’  😜 as I am fit for pretty much nothing, I can’t even stand for more than a few minutes!  Don’t think I will be good company as very grumpy when in pain!

my hair was literally coming out in massive handfuls earlier in the week and I had chunks of scalp shining through like a crazed monk so I shaved it off, eyebrows surviving so far. 

This is has been the second worse cycle so far for me, but it is the combination one of carboplatin and nab paclitaxel so maybe not surprising. 

@rubythursday wrote: