Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2019 chemo starters

Re: June 2019 chemo starters

My reply dissappeared? 

Anyway, it was.... 

Thank you for the kind comments. 

I also said I'm getting a second wig. So I feel like I've curled my hair (I'm getting a curly wig in the same colour as my straight one in the pic)

Black sponge, I didn't know but do now... Its just a spacer so box contents don't move around in the starter box. 

Re magnetic lashes that stick either side of your lashes... I never trued them, but maybe when mine grow back it maybe an option to try out. But I'm pretty happy with the magnetic liner. But the liner does take getting used to applying, but doing it each day it's easier after a week or so! 

Not sure what else I wrote. 

Hope this reply works! 

Thank you for all your complements, I try to not look ill as much as possible Smiley Happy 
I've no idea about the sponge either. I might ask them.  I've never tried the magnetic ones where you have your lashes in between them. If they work they'll be great. 
I'm going to buy another wig, same colour as the one in the pic, but with a curl to it. I want to feel like I used to and have curly hair on some days. 
Got some on order in the wig shop to try on, all needed ordering in as they didn't have the right colours in. 
@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

Wow!!!! You look amazing 😍😍😍

I have the Rose Quartz now but yet to try them. Your eye shape really suits them. I’m not sure about mine... The liner always looks awful on me 😭. I will try again and post a picture when I can. I still do have lashes and find with my primer they don’t look too bad. I was wondering about magnetic ones whilst I still have lashes. Have you ever tried these??Can you tell me what the black sponge thing is for???!!!

So pleased you had fun away. It’s so important. I’m not going to be on the same drugs as you I’m afraid so no help there. I start my Paclitaxel on Monday and lots of the ladies have been able to help with that. Good luck!!!

💕💕💕

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😁glad I made you 🤣😂🤣😂🤣ruby Thursday 😁😁as you know us crazeeys from oct17 chemo had a lot of 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂most days, now no hiding the pickled onions anywhere on your husband 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣do feel free to stick the pickled gherkin where ever you like though, he deserves it 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣💕💕✨✨Shi xx

thanks ladies for your kind words 💕 means a lot when you are feeling crappy.

chicken love the eyelashes.

Shi you just made me properly laugh for the first time in a little while 😂 salad garnished gonads 🥗🤣

@Shi wrote:

Ruby Thursday you are 💪💪amazing if you don’t mind me saying so ❤️I think I’d have minced my husband and stuck him on the bbq and garnished his gonads with the salad 🥊🥊🥊you need a rest not bbq party. Did make me go 🙄 sorry you’ve a delay, but always best to get next on when you can 🥊🥊it 😘😘 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Wow!!!! You look amazing 😍😍😍

I have the Rose Quartz now but yet to try them. Your eye shape really suits them. I’m not sure about mine... The liner always looks awful on me 😭. I will try again and post a picture when I can. I still do have lashes and find with my primer they don’t look too bad. I was wondering about magnetic ones whilst I still have lashes. Have you ever tried these??Can you tell me what the black sponge thing is for???!!!

So pleased you had fun away. It’s so important. I’m not going to be on the same drugs as you I’m afraid so no help there. I start my Paclitaxel on Monday and lots of the ladies have been able to help with that. Good luck!!!

💕💕💕

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Chicken ❤️Stunning 😁 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ruby Thursday you are 💪💪amazing if you don’t mind me saying so ❤️I think I’d have minced my husband and stuck him on the bbq and garnished his gonads with the salad 🥊🥊🥊you need a rest not bbq party. Did make me go 🙄 sorry you’ve a delay, but always best to get next on when you can 🥊🥊it 😘😘 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Nicky, which lashes did you buy? 

Can you post a pic? 

I've now bought sapphire, here's my new pic....

DSC_0220.JPG

Glad you've finish now mini mad, great news Smiley Happy

I've not been on here for about two wks as we've been away to the lakes then to Yorkshire. Made most of the great weather and had some great camping trips. 

Decided we'll book up a yurt in Oct. 

Now I'm one day away from New chemo regime. 

X4 EC done.

Now I'm starting x4 herceptin, docetaxel and pertuzumab.

Anyone had all of these three? 

I'm told I'll be in all day almost. 

I'll not get herceptin injections til after my chemo I'm told. 

♥ Chicken 

Hi Ruby,

you certainly seem to be going through it....  this big C is a bitch...

hoping your bloods etc pick up so paclitaxel can go ahead.  Get another session out the way.

mini mad xx 💖💖   This heats awful....  wheres the storm/rain they're forecasting...☔️☔️

Oh no!! It’s so hot, just got in car and it said 38. Lots of cold showers I think 🙄. Good luck tomoz xxx

@rubythursday wrote:

Thanks Alvilajo. Went for bloods and flush today, ended up being pumped full of antibiotics and sepsis screened for five hours. Neutrophils are too low for chemo tomorrow, potassium also low and I have some signs of infection so got to be retested again tomorrow afternoon to see if my nab paclitaxel can go ahead or not. Am on antibiotics already so hopefully should sort it out.

only bonus of five hours in chemo suite was aircon!

@Alvilajo wrote:

Aw ruby sorry your suffering so badly, it’s so not fair xxxx

@rubythursday wrote:

I am like others struggling with the bone pain, very reluctant to take any stronger painkillers as they all seem to cause horrible constipation! But may have no choice, Husband has invited our parents over for a bbq this afternoon, he has had a taste of doing all the ‘easy side salads etc’  😜 as I am fit for pretty much nothing, I can’t even stand for more than a few minutes!  Don’t think I will be good company as very grumpy when in pain!

my hair was literally coming out in massive handfuls earlier in the week and I had chunks of scalp shining through like a crazed monk so I shaved it off, eyebrows surviving so far. 

This is has been the second worse cycle so far for me, but it is the combination one of carboplatin and nab paclitaxel so maybe not surprising. 

Try and stay cool if you can Ladies xx

Thanks Alvilajo. Went for bloods and flush today, ended up being pumped full of antibiotics and sepsis screened for five hours. Neutrophils are too low for chemo tomorrow, potassium also low and I have some signs of infection so got to be retested again tomorrow afternoon to see if my nab paclitaxel can go ahead or not. Am on antibiotics already so hopefully should sort it out.

only bonus of five hours in chemo suite was aircon!

@Alvilajo wrote:

@rubythursday wrote:

I am like others struggling with the bone pain, very reluctant to take any stronger painkillers as they all seem to cause horrible constipation! But may have no choice, Husband has invited our parents over for a bbq this afternoon, he has had a taste of doing all the ‘easy side salads etc’  😜 as I am fit for pretty much nothing, I can’t even stand for more than a few minutes!  Don’t think I will be good company as very grumpy when in pain!

my hair was literally coming out in massive handfuls earlier in the week and I had chunks of scalp shining through like a crazed monk so I shaved it off, eyebrows surviving so far. 

This is has been the second worse cycle so far for me, but it is the combination one of carboplatin and nab paclitaxel so maybe not surprising. 

@rubythursday wrote:

Just in from walking dog in the woods 🥵🥵🥵. It’s hot in the Chilterns too! Not been outside too much tbh. I got sunburn (I rarely burn!) after my first round of chemo with barely anytime in the sun so now avoid it. Hope you are all doing ok. 

I’m 4xEC in and still have hair though much thinner, also thinner eyebrows which seem to stick out now! And some lashes still. I still use Revitalash on my eyebrows and lashes daily which I used for 18 months prior to chemo starting which may have helped (yes it’s expensive but made my lashes super long 👁😬). Will be interested to hear if you get the chemo curls I’ve heard about!!

Really struggling emotionally with everything atm. Even cried off going to a party on Saturday night which is unheard of for me. Couldn’t face being jolly...Wouldn’t it be lovely if all of life’s other problems disappeared when you get your diagnosis so you can just cope with getting through bc😑

Nicky 💕☀️

Yes,  this dam bone pain is bad 👿👿

mine is mainly in the knees but does come n go.  Not taken any meds for it.

you ladies on here who started around the same time as me,  are you still losing hair from your head or anywhere else ?   My left eyebrow is real thin,  right one is ok as are my eyelashes.

my first bald patches around session 5 i think have some fluff growing.... anybody else have some new growth ??

are we all managing to cope with this heat..  i've been inside most of yesterday n today...i'm in Norfolk , its around 32 degrees here... ☀️☀️☀️⛱⛱⛱   Mini mad xx 💖💖

Hi Zed, I am also suffering with bad bone pain, apart from paracetamol and ibuprofen my two top tips are hot baths (maybe not this weekend!) and an electric heated pad, got mine on right now it’s fab. My pain is mainly lower back and knees so far! Xx
@Zed51 wrote:

Hey all. Such a hot day. Well done mini mad just read your post. Find it all so confusing all these different treatments we’re on. Ive just finished FEC & had my first herceptin, then docetaxel dose this week (and yes ended up chemo on birthday...) felt ok last couple of days but boy do my joints ache today! But only 2 more docetaxel then herceptin more long term but definitely feel over the hump! Any tips re achy bones apart from paracetamol??? 🦴 

Hey all. Such a hot day. Well done mini mad just read your post. Find it all so confusing all these different treatments we’re on. Ive just finished FEC & had my first herceptin, then docetaxel dose this week (and yes ended up chemo on birthday...) felt ok last couple of days but boy do my joints ache today! But only 2 more docetaxel then herceptin more long term but definitely feel over the hump! Any tips re achy bones apart from paracetamol??? 🦴 

Thank you for your responses EnglishRose and Mini Mad. You have given me confidence that I have made the right decision to ditch the cold cap. I am beginning to feel more in control already. Thank you for your support. Smiley Very Happy Heart

Hi Hope

I’m yet to start Paclitaxel but had 4xEC. I didn’t use the cold cap but because I dyed my hair I took the decision to get a buzz cut when the regrowth looked awful and it started to thin. Honestly, I know hair is such a huge thing, but actually I found it liberating and one less thing to worry about with everything else this awful bc heaps upon us. I get loads of lovely comments on my headscarves. 

I know it is hard. I think you’ve been amazing even continuing with the cold cap for your ec. You need to do what is right for you, but the Paclitaxel treatment takes longer than the ec. With cc in addition that is nearly a full day’s work. I would try to make the next stage as comfortable as possible and try to not worry about hair loss. 

I hope my comments haven’t offended you or anyone else. 

Nicky 💕

Hi Hope62,

ive just finished my 12 weekly paclitaxel and i didnt lose all my hair,  it got to the stage where i had lots of bald patches with long wispy bits so got a number 2 buzz and its still there .

also i still have my eyelashes and eye brows although they are a lot thinner,  so i just pencil them in each day..  so any hair loss seems to have ground to a halt,  at least for the time being anyway.

but...have been told even when you finish your treatment it can in some cases still shed so guess i'll have to wait n see 😳😳🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Havent lost any nails but the do chip easily at the moment.

hope this answers your question n good luck.  Mini mad xx 💖💖

Hi Ladies I have a question that I am sure you can answer.

Does Paclitaxel cause hair loss? I have finished 3xEC and cold capped. It was very uncomfortable and made me feel isolated as I was the only one with the cold cap. I have a fine covering of hair left. I am not sure that I can face cold capping for weekly Paclitaxel.

So the reason for my question is so that I can prepare myself if my hair will continue to fall out.

Thank you sooo much for your lovely post and yes i can feel that ' hug ' 😘😘😘

was looking at maybe a holiday in a few months but decided to wait n see how my recovery goes.

hope to be well over all of this by xmas...

good luck with your paclitaxel and pls just ask if you have any questions/concerns , i shall still be popping on here most days.  tc  mini mad xx 💖💖

and to everyone else have a good weekend but mind that sunshine ☀️☀️⛱⛱ xxx

Hi Michelle, well done on finishing EC. 

Cant taste paclitaxel at all, I have a picc line and can taste the flush however so I take extra strong mints. I am on carboplatin and nab paclitaxel. They are different, the paclitaxel doesn’t cause me any nausea but does cause wicked indigestion for a couple of days. Omeprezole is the one that makes that go away for me. Some bone pain, manageable so far with heated pad and painkillers. Over time (I have had ten paclitaxel so far) my feet are becoming hot, burning and sore for a few days after each session (I am weekly) I have some socks with gel coolers in I put in the fridge, these are helpful!

i only have one dose of steroids on my paclitaxel only weeks on the day then no take homes. On my combined week I have three days and hate every minute of it, steroids seem to make lots of us weepy/anxious/arsey and very hungry and red in the face!

hope this helps 😊 it is doable and I am mostly functioning just fine with a few adjustments!

Ruby x

@Michelle78 wrote:

Well done ladies,   

Final 'EC' and final Paclitaxel & celebratory bell ringing 😍 

I had my final Ec too - a week ago Weds, thank goodness, I haven't enjoyed it !

Then to start Paclitaxel on 4th Sept (x4) but two weekly

Did you get any taste of the paclitaxel going through ? I tasted the ec & started me gagging (I have a very low tolerating gag reflex !)   Just so I can prepare with different sweets - each cycle I went off of what I'd had the previous one - as was a reminder! 

Nausea ? Did you suffer as much 

& the aches ... tolerable ? Like gym aches or flu aches ?  Could you still function ok? 

So many questions as the unknown again 

Anything else, tips? 

Does anyone get the crazy over thinking heads like I experience ?

I mentioned it before on my gloomy days

Is it the chemo, steriods causing it? Or just me ?? Normally day 4/5 for a few days - depressive, thinking the worst etc ... really not me, its horrible & I can't seem to shift it 

Thanks ladies & hope you get to enjoy the hot weather this weekend 

Michelle  xx 

Well done ladies,   

Final 'EC' and final Paclitaxel & celebratory bell ringing 😍 

I had my final Ec too - a week ago Weds, thank goodness, I haven't enjoyed it !

Then to start Paclitaxel on 4th Sept (x4) but two weekly

Did you get any taste of the paclitaxel going through ? I tasted the ec & started me gagging (I have a very low tolerating gag reflex !)   Just so I can prepare with different sweets - each cycle I went off of what I'd had the previous one - as was a reminder! 

Nausea ? Did you suffer as much 

& the aches ... tolerable ? Like gym aches or flu aches ?  Could you still function ok? 

So many questions as the unknown again 

Anything else, tips? 

Does anyone get the crazy over thinking heads like I experience ?

I mentioned it before on my gloomy days

Is it the chemo, steriods causing it? Or just me ?? Normally day 4/5 for a few days - depressive, thinking the worst etc ... really not me, its horrible & I can't seem to shift it 

Thanks ladies & hope you get to enjoy the hot weather this weekend 

Michelle  xx 

Hi Mini

You must be over the moon to see the back of the chemo. I’m so happy for you 🤗🤗🤗🤗 You’ve been through a lot and out the other side which is encouraging for those of us about to move onto our 12 weeks of Paclitaxel. I hope you will still post as your advice and comments have been so helpful.

A new chemo free chapter of your life can start now and I’m giving you a massive virtual hug right now. Hope you can feel it 🥰🥰🥰

Hi Hope62,

thank you so much for your kind reply.

just want to start the recovery process and be well enough to enjoy xmas 👍

i had 15 radiotherapy session back in 2017 so if you have any questions pls ask. Xx 💖💖 mini mad

All the best mini mad xx

Well done minimad, so pleased for you xx

Aw well done mini mad xxx😘😘 

Well done mini mad and good luck for the future. Smiley Happy

I start Paclitaxel next Friday. Didn't realise that it would be weekly! Only a few more weeks left of this Chemo journey then Rads. 

Heart

Hi Dot70 and everyone else.

so this morning i had my FINAL paclitaxel chemo session 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

the feeling of relief that i made it through those 12 weeks is immense 👍👍👍👍👍

and boy did i give that bell a good, loud, long ring...  DING BLOODY DONG 😆😆😆🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔  so i've already had my surgery back in April, now have appt with chemo dr for a review next Thursday and then hopefully,  all being well,  my picc line taken out..

i will still stay on here to read all of your posts n if i can answer any questions pls ask.

i bid you a fond farewell...  each session just tick it off and then the end will be in sight 

mini mad xx 💖💖

I also had them on day 7 after EC chemo. Only twice though. Not every time. I just lay down on the sofa...💕

I had a twelve day migraine with auras at times, mine was related to the Filgrastrim rather than the chemo though. Hope it eases soon, the only thing that helped me (other than morphine) was Anadin extra, I had to get permission from the oncologist to take it. Xx

@Alvilajo wrote:

Has anyone else had visual migraines whilst going through this xxx

wondering if hormonal !

Has anyone else had visual migraines whilst going through this xxx

wondering if hormonal !

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

👍😁👍here to retail therapy, Christmas is only 16 weeks away, so sound pretty good to me starting buying now 👍👍just remember to treat yourself too 👍👍💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Let me know how it goes with oncologist I’m still waiting for appointment before I start the placlitaxel. There’s nothing like a bit of retail therapy so will not judge lol. Are u placlitaxel next? Vic x

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

Yay the last ec 👏👏👏. And yes, the fatigue on those days is overwhelming and you just have to succumb😴😴😴. Your normality will begin again very soon. Glad to hear you know you’ll be feeling better. 

I did my usual yesterday (day8) when I actually get rather manic (I get quite depressed during chemo week) and run about at 1000 miles per hour doing stuff I’ve been mulling over but unable to do during chemo week 😬. My husband has learnt to just let me get on with it and I calm down a bit today. 

Ive got my meeting with my oncologist this evening. I have lots of questions. Feeling somewhat anxious about it. 

Tried out the lashes yesterday!!!!! Think I need a little practice and possibly the Rose Quartz will be more my daily wear. Didn’t look anything as good on me as on Chicken, but I’ll persevere.

Spent this afternoon in John Lewis with my mum. I bought my first Christmas present 😱. Don’t hate me 🤣. Think I’m going to be pretty exhausted by Christmas so crack on now!

✨💕😘

Yay the last ec 👏👏👏. And yes, the fatigue on those days is overwhelming and you just have to succumb😴😴😴. Your normality will begin again very soon. Glad to hear you know you’ll be feeling better. 

I did my usual yesterday (day8) when I actually get rather manic (I get quite depressed during chemo week) and run about at 1000 miles per hour doing stuff I’ve been mulling over but unable to do during chemo week 😬. My husband has learnt to just let me get on with it and I calm down a bit today. 

Ive got my meeting with my oncologist this evening. I have lots of questions. Feeling somewhat anxious about it. 

Tried out the lashes yesterday!!!!! Think I need a little practice and possibly the Rose Quartz will be more my daily wear. Didn’t look anything as good on me as on Chicken, but I’ll persevere.

Spent this afternoon in John Lewis with my mum. I bought my first Christmas present 😱. Don’t hate me 🤣. Think I’m going to be pretty exhausted by Christmas so crack on now!

✨💕😘

Hi 😁

last ec was  wed and I’ve spent last two days on the sofa sleeping on and off, more tired than before and headaches from injections. Roll on next few days so I get back to some sort of normal. How’s everyone doing 😘

Hi Minimad,

Thank you for your reply. Bet you'll be partying next week when your body has recovered. Good luck.

The hip pain was awful but thankfully it stopped today after 5 long days. A little reprieve just in time for the next one!! I had my first paclitaxel 10th July and only had 2 days of discomfort from it. I then had to miss the next 4 weeks as my liver levels were too high. Sent for a liver scan and found out I have 3.5cm gallstone which is probably the guilty culprit. Eventually had my 2nd paclitaxel last week so hoping liver levels stay down so I can continue. Bloods and chemo review tomorrow so will discuss then. 

I had a mastectomy in May due to DCIS but they found a tumour that was HER2+ and ER+. Hence 12 weekly sessions of paclitaxel and herceptin every 3 weeks, to be followed by 5 years of tamoxifen. The mastectomy was easy compared to all of this!! 

@mini mad wrote:

Hi Dot70.

i am having my FINAL paclitaxel this coming friday.

i also have had 12 over 12 weeks...  yes i have had bad bone pain,  in my hips,  knees and back.

its a side effect im afraid and although i told my chemo nurses they said take pain killers.

my dosage wasnt changed.... but worth mentioning on your next session.

good luck n any questions pls ask.  I'm Triple Negative and you ??

mini mad xx 💖💖

Hi Dot70.

i am having my FINAL paclitaxel this coming friday.

i also have had 12 over 12 weeks...  yes i have had bad bone pain,  in my hips,  knees and back.

its a side effect im afraid and although i told my chemo nurses they said take pain killers.

my dosage wasnt changed.... but worth mentioning on your next session.

good luck n any questions pls ask.  I'm Triple Negative and you ??

mini mad xx 💖💖

Hello Dot70,

i am on Nab Paclitaxel and have been having some bone pain in my back, nothing as severe as yours sounds though mine is manageable with pain killers. I would get onto your chemo suite and let them know what’s going on as they will probably want to review you before next chemo, and maybe sort out better pain relief. I have experienced the jelly leg effect, seems to last a day or two each cycle - I have bought a perching stool for use in the kitchen. I also have burning pains in my feet, such fun! Chemo tends to make you feel like an old lady at times - I hope you are feeling better soon.

Ruby xx

@Dot70 wrote:

Hi All, 

I'm from the July group. I've been told some of you are on paclitaxel and I wanted to pick your brains for some advice. I'm on 12 weekly sessions of paclitaxel and only just had my second paclitaxel last Wednesday (long story) and my hips have been in agony ever since!!! I'm walking like an old woman, I can't stand for long periods without feeling like my legs are going to give way and it's really getting me down. Yesterday, I felt like I was in early labour all day. Anyone had anything similar? Any tips in overcoming this? Xx

They went as quickly as they came EnglishRose Smiley Happy I hadn't remembered reading they would be a side effect of chemo, so I was a bit concerned when it started. Discovered though that lots in my chemo group were having them! x

Now that was a message I enjoyed reading  Jencat! 🥵🔥❄️🙏🏻

That sounds awful 🥺. I’m not due to start for a couple a weeks on the Paclitaxel so I’m no use. One of the ladies definitely mentioned bone pain. It’s definitely worth a call to your oncologist. I’m understanding that they vary doses because some bodies cannot process certain levels. And of course take all the painkillers you can...

Sending hugs 

Hi ladies, I had chemo in Oct'17. I had the hot flushes during the night and I was post-menopausal! The good news is that they went as quickly as they came once I'd finished chemo! x

Hi All, 

I'm from the July group. I've been told some of you are on paclitaxel and I wanted to pick your brains for some advice. I'm on 12 weekly sessions of paclitaxel and only just had my second paclitaxel last Wednesday (long story) and my hips have been in agony ever since!!! I'm walking like an old woman, I can't stand for long periods without feeling like my legs are going to give way and it's really getting me down. Yesterday, I felt like I was in early labour all day. Anyone had anything similar? Any tips in overcoming this? Xx

Yes your right nothing can be as bad as that 💕💕

@rubythursday wrote:

You will be fine, after coping with chemo menopause is a breeze! 
@Alvilajo wrote:

Hi ruby I suppose it had to happen sooner that later, once on hormone treatment it would of kicked in. It’s like waiting for the worst and not knowing how bad it will get 🙄

@rubythursday wrote:

Hi,

i have been in surgical menopause since I was 38 and first put on tamoxifen, goselerin, Letrozole and then had ovaries removed. They sound like hot flushes to me...get yourself a good quiet fan that you can direct on your face at night. It helps me a lot! They might just be chemo induced, in which case it may be the start of menopause or it could get better when your chemo finishes. Only time will tell!

steroids mimic hot flushes for me, I do a more than passable impression of a beetroot with sweat!

Ruby x

@Alvilajo wrote:

Looking it up looks like menapauasal symptoms 🤔

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

I did have terrible sweats in the night and a red face with this 4th round of EC but not sure if mirrored what you’re experiencing. Even the boys commented on my face which looked like this 🥵. So could be se or not... When that stopped I then got the usual painful/tender touching skin thing for 2/3 days which feels like sunburn. I took paracetamol. Lots!!! Try that and see how next few days go...

❤️

You will be fine, after coping with chemo menopause is a breeze! 
@Alvilajo wrote:

Hi ruby I suppose it had to happen sooner that later, once on hormone treatment it would of kicked in. It’s like waiting for the worst and not knowing how bad it will get 🙄

@rubythursday wrote:

Hi,

i have been in surgical menopause since I was 38 and first put on tamoxifen, goselerin, Letrozole and then had ovaries removed. They sound like hot flushes to me...get yourself a good quiet fan that you can direct on your face at night. It helps me a lot! They might just be chemo induced, in which case it may be the start of menopause or it could get better when your chemo finishes. Only time will tell!

steroids mimic hot flushes for me, I do a more than passable impression of a beetroot with sweat!

Ruby x

@Alvilajo wrote:

Looking it up looks like menapauasal symptoms 🤔

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

I did have terrible sweats in the night and a red face with this 4th round of EC but not sure if mirrored what you’re experiencing. Even the boys commented on my face which looked like this 🥵. So could be se or not... When that stopped I then got the usual painful/tender touching skin thing for 2/3 days which feels like sunburn. I took paracetamol. Lots!!! Try that and see how next few days go...

❤️

Hi Michelle,

what you are feeling is really common and completely normal when I was first diagnosed I used to put a big brave face on and go and cry in the bath on my own. I had a lot of baths! We are all here for you to moan, laugh, cry and all the other things that sometimes it’s so hard to do with your loved ones.  What I can tell you however is things will get better, this too shall pass. Just hang in there and remember that at least some of what you are experiencing is related to your drug cocktail!  Great decision to go to a counsellor btw, mine was a lifesaver. 

Ruby.x

@Michelle78 wrote:

Thank you all for your kind welcomes, 

Day 4 after last ec  & my head is going crazy crazy 

I have also had the hot flushes at night (and a couple during the day) but def more when laying in bed against pillows  - hot head, fan constantly on 

I can't stop overthinking & its ruining my day to day,  Is anyone else experiencing this ? 

I don't know how to say it without sounding crazy  like dark deepened thoughts, never ever have I been like this before, I could cry at every moment, I'm scared, scared of future, scared about my children... 

I just hope it will go when this chemo is finished - in the meantime I've booked into a counselling lady in a couple of weeks ..lets hope I can get some relief 

I think its the chemo, steriods, menopausal symptoms,  also my appearance is the constant reminder - I look forward to my hair coming back 

Minimad - My next sessions are x4 paclitaxel 2 weekly then x15 rads and then onto tamoxifen for 5-10 yrs

Sorry ladies, We are all going through this rubbish & you've now become my ears,  its so hard with family,  I am so close to mine & they are all amazing, but I don't want to keep going on about me all the time 

Michelle  xx