63315members
333055posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2019 chemo starters

Re: June 2019 chemo starters

Hi, we have booked an expensive but hopefully relaxing all inclusive adults only week in lanzarote.

i went for single trip as annual excluded all my medical conditions! I paid 58 pounds to include cancer, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. Boots were recommended to me by one of the chemo nurses whose dad was on chemo and was being quoted thousands.

maybe get your pain checked out, asked my hubby if his picc line hurt after removal and he said no..everyone is different but best to get it checked you might have an infection and not be aware of it? X

@mini mad wrote:

Hey Ruby,

glad you are  able to progress forward with your chemo,  even with the little blips part way.

good luck for today and here's to your next 4 weeks.  Ticking them off the calendar is soooo good 🤩🤩.   Re potassium low...  eat lots of bananas 🍌🍌 and they're good for fibre 🚽🧻😉😉

so where are you off to in November.  Do you mind if i ask about your travel insurance ??  Annnually or single trip n how much ?  

Well its been 5 weeks now since my last treatment.   Eyebrows n lashes are gone but hair is starting to slowly sprout !!  😉😆😆👀👀    Still have swollen elbow joint and upper arm with some pain since my PICC was removed...  dont know if this is normal 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Mini mad xx 💖💖

Hey Ruby,

glad you are  able to progress forward with your chemo,  even with the little blips part way.

good luck for today and here's to your next 4 weeks.  Ticking them off the calendar is soooo good 🤩🤩.   Re potassium low...  eat lots of bananas 🍌🍌 and they're good for fibre 🚽🧻😉😉

so where are you off to in November.  Do you mind if i ask about your travel insurance ??  Annnually or single trip n how much ?  

Well its been 5 weeks now since my last treatment.   Eyebrows n lashes are gone but hair is starting to slowly sprout !!  😉😆😆👀👀    Still have swollen elbow joint and upper arm with some pain since my PICC was removed...  dont know if this is normal 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Mini mad xx 💖💖

Hello Ladies,

how is everyone? Very, very quiet on here...

i am off for more chemo later today, liver seems better but now potassium levels low..might explain the weakness and metallic taste in my mouth! Otherwise all good here, four weeks to go and counting! Oh and we have booked a holiday for mid November :-) I got very reasonable travel insurance with Boots covering all my medical conditions including breast cancer.

Ruby xx

Hi Ruby, I just looked and the nurse wrote alt increase by 42

So I've no official number, just an increase. So goodness knows! 

I'm not sure it's been mentioned before now. 

It's a waiting game... Again.... Worst part... Hope its all OK for her :/

Different thresholds for different chemos maybe ? Or mine is alt yours might be ggt? Who knows! In oncology we trust!

really sorry to hear about your mum, hope it’s good news xx

@Chicken81 wrote:

Eh Ruby 175 and you still had it and they were saying 80 was too high?

Wonder if we're talking about the same numbers. 

Anyway, I'm now a full on emotional wreck.... My mam has found a lump in her breast and near her lymph nodes, she's in the breast care unit for tests next wk. She only told me as I'm now in Thursday the same day as her tests and the chemo ward is close to where her tests are. 

I hope she's just got a cyst and it needs draining. Id hate for her to go through cancer same as me. Smiley Sad

Eh Ruby 175 and you still had it and they were saying 80 was too high?

Wonder if we're talking about the same numbers. 

Anyway, I'm now a full on emotional wreck.... My mam has found a lump in her breast and near her lymph nodes, she's in the breast care unit for tests next wk. She only told me as I'm now in Thursday the same day as her tests and the chemo ward is close to where her tests are. 

I hope she's just got a cyst and it needs draining. Id hate for her to go through cancer same as me. Smiley Sad

Oh dear that’s not good, I nearly got bumped yesterday too due to deranged liver, my alt was 175! (Not wine related either) docetaxol is harsh on the liver. Enjoy the rest week and come back stronger! Ruby x
@Chicken81 wrote:

Oh man, rocked on up for chemo 6/8.. Second of perzumbamb, herceptin and docextaxel.... Its been Deferred til next week.

My liver count is too high. 

I've been a steady 30-40, raising to 60 now it's 80

Oncologist not at work today, so she'll be consulted tomorrow on what to do. 

Nurses said she's reduced my herceptin by 50% and perzumbamb by 20% already since I was ill last round.

Now they wonder if doxectaxal will be reduced too. 

Also they thought she may cut off my last two rounds and give me six instead. 

So all up in the air. 

Oh man, rocked on up for chemo 6/8.. Second of perzumbamb, herceptin and docextaxel.... Its been Deferred til next week.

My liver count is too high. 

I've been a steady 30-40, raising to 60 now it's 80

Oncologist not at work today, so she'll be consulted tomorrow on what to do. 

Nurses said she's reduced my herceptin by 50% and perzumbamb by 20% already since I was ill last round.

Now they wonder if doxectaxal will be reduced too. 

Also they thought she may cut off my last two rounds and give me six instead. 

So all up in the air. 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Alvilajo re your rads question, it was about 4 weeks after finishing chemo that rads started for me,  It was op, chemo then rads. Don’t forget to ask for the 5 boosters if you’ve just been given 15, see if you can have 15 + 5 boosters, they can’t do rads again in same place I don’t think, so I wanted the whole bag thrown at it while I could. Get your creams ready a nice vest (bra can rub skin) so it’s gentler and try and get as much air to skin as you can at home, a kaftan thing was lush during rads for at home 👍hope this helps 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi ladies

So sorry to hear many of you are struggling with your chemo atm. I do feel like I have been very lucky to date. 

I had my 3rd Paclitaxel on Monday. I have been exhausted in the afternoon and sleeping the previous 2 weeks but I’m ok this week. I don’t have the pain you are experiencing Vic, I feel for you. My neutrophils are only at 1.5 so after discussing with my oncologist I’m going to drop the dosage to 75% as I still have another 9 sessions to go. 

In answer to your radiotherapy question I was told a while back I would be given a month off after chemo! In which case for me it is great as that would be over Christmas and I’ll have 4 weeks of radio in the New Year. 

I’ll keep in touch. It’s always busy starting back the new school year with organising sporting fixtures, training, etc 

Enjoy your look good feel better! Mine is booked for 1 October at Mount Vernon. 

Take care all

xxx

Oooh I’ve got my look good feel good session on Tuesday in Canterbury, excited 😁. Also got bloods Monday, oncologist and chemo Thursday 😞. Has anyone been told when radio therapy starts after chemo finished ? Xxx

Aw ruby sorry you feel so bad. It’s so hard isn’t it 😥 5 weeks I’ll be done too xxxx😘

Zed51, 5 out of 6 done... Bet you feel good knowing that! I too have herceptin for I think a Yr after my chemo, but the nurse said that the herceptin is also chemo, which I was surprised 🤨 about. Think I may have already said that though.

Ruby you don't half get a rough deal! Hope you can stay strong for your last five weeks, I think I'll be finished a little after you, my last chemo is Oct 31st.

Alvilajo... Have you heard back from look good feel good yet?

I've been feeling back to myself so kept super busy with getting another wig, this time curly. 

Out to a party and every day for last week meeting up with someone for cuppa or walk. 

Now tomorrow will be 6/8 chemo and I'm hoping to stay on top of side effects this time so I'm not ill or Neutropenic again.

♥ 

Hello Ladies, we are all very quiet aren’t we? Too exhausted probably!

side effects really ramping up now I am nearing the end, hands and feet numb and peeling regardless of how much moisture I put on! Borderline neuts every week now so even longer in the chemo suite to be retested. Weak, literally at the knees and not in a good way! My husband assures me my food tastes delicious but I can’t taste much except metallic!  I have spots on my head!  Bone pain is I would say a 6/10. Pretty much done with this now, functioning but only just at times.

i have more chemo today and oncologist tomorrow, five more weeks to go!

bring on normal soon please!

Ruby x

Hi zed51

glad your almost there. I’ve had my 2nd placlitaxel postponed for a week as been suffering with painful bones and numb feet, low mood sore mouth, the list goes on!! I’m pleased as need a break. My dose is going to be lowered as they think it’s too strong. Hope everyone else is ok, quiet on here of late 😘

@Zed51 wrote:

Hi everyone 

how are you all doing? 

On a positive note I have had 5 out of 6 chemo treatments. Still have to keep having herceptin for ages through I.V. visits but at least only one more chemo. Still have a bit of

cold capped random hair. Don’t feel too ill. 

However really really fed up with the taste thing though. Almost everything tastes like plastic. Keep thinking can find things that will be ok then get severely disappointed. Realised how important nice food normally is in my life! ☹️ Hopefully after a few weeks 🤞🤞🤞 hope you’re all ok xx

😘

Hi everyone 

how are you all doing? 

On a positive note I have had 5 out of 6 chemo treatments. Still have to keep having herceptin for ages through I.V. visits but at least only one more chemo. Still have a bit of

cold capped random hair. Don’t feel too ill. 

However really really fed up with the taste thing though. Almost everything tastes like plastic. Keep thinking can find things that will be ok then get severely disappointed. Realised how important nice food normally is in my life! ☹️ Hopefully after a few weeks 🤞🤞🤞 hope you’re all ok xx

Hey chicken I must of been thinking about something different to look good feel good, there is one near me and I’m waiting a call back 😍 xx

@Chicken81 wrote:

Sorry to hear about your pains Smiley Sad

Don't know how I've not got the aches, but the throat n diaherra issues are bad enough. 

Had bloods checked on Friday and I'm Neutropenic. So was under house arrest all weekend. 

Hopefully immune system will start improving. 

Got a party to go to this weekend but not really feeling in the party mood :/

Did enjoy the look good feel good yesterday. Amazingly they give you £350 worth of make up and skin care products.

Learnt some new tricks and techniques. 

♥ 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi alvilajo, neutropenia is when you have low neutrophils usually your nadir days 7-14 after chemo if on the 3 week chemo cycle, use the ask the nurse on here, they will explain in more detail. ❤️Chicken glad you had lovely look good feel better session. You should all be able to book these through your Macmillan centre at your hospital 😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

I’ve left a message for a call back to see where nearest one is. If I was near you I’d come along 😁. Take care xxx vic xxx

@EnglishRose2019 wrote:

Hi all

Haven't posted for a while... started my paclitaxel Monday 2nd Sept so I have had 2 treatments now out of 12. I am finding I am very tired by 3pm and need to rest so I spend my mornings rushing around, but other than my usual constipation, thrush, and hair loss, I haven't had aches and pains so sorry for you ladies suffering. My neutrophils are staying at 1.5 so being pretty careful so I can hopefully get through a few more treatments without any issue.

Re the Look Good Feel Better I am going to book a session at Mount Vernon, Northwood, Middx as they do 3x sessions a month. I don't know if any of you are near there but happy to co-ordinate if so. Let me know.

Take care ladies xxx

xxx

Hi all

Haven't posted for a while... started my paclitaxel Monday 2nd Sept so I have had 2 treatments now out of 12. I am finding I am very tired by 3pm and need to rest so I spend my mornings rushing around, but other than my usual constipation, thrush, and hair loss, I haven't had aches and pains so sorry for you ladies suffering. My neutrophils are staying at 1.5 so being pretty careful so I can hopefully get through a few more treatments without any issue.

Re the Look Good Feel Better I am going to book a session at Mount Vernon, Northwood, Middx as they do 3x sessions a month. I don't know if any of you are near there but happy to co-ordinate if so. Let me know.

Take care ladies xxx

xxx

@Chicken81 wrote:

Don't know how I've not got the aches, but the throat n diaherra issues are bad enough. 

Had bloods checked on Friday and I'm Neutropenic. So was under house arrest all weekend. 

Did enjoy the look good feel good yesterday. Amazingly they give you £350 worth of make up and skin care products.

♥ 

Wow that’s good, wish there was one local to me. Neutropenia ? What does that mean exactly xx vic xx

@Chicken81 wrote:

♥ 

♥ 

Hi everyone,

had a tough day yesterday, so tired and feet were so painful (numb and shooting pains) today less tired and feet only just started hurting this afternoon. Had a chat with nurses on here earlier who say it’s all normal. Hoping tomoz is better as only a week til next one eeek. How are you all vic xx

Thanks Shi

I know - but I am thinking its surgery aches also ...?  But I will call them tmrw - its got better today ... but will def get checked out, as I seem to get for the first couple of days after my chemo... ? 

Hope everyone else is doing well 

Michelle  xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Michelle, please phone your rapid response or unit, always best to double check, they don’t mind. On chemo you can’t think oh couple of paracetamol will sort that, there could be something else going on. Please keep safe ❤️Chicken, I hope your bum has settled down 😘big ❤️To you all 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Defo different today, zapped and achey xx

@Michelle78 wrote:

Hi Vic, 

Back ache lessened yesterday, just had little aches all over - stabby feeling sometimes, My chest hurts a bit - not sure if from surgery, heart or port other side or general aches from this...?? It doesn't hurt more when I breathe, so held out on calling emergency line 

I feel unenergised today, went & brought lots of fresh veg for our roast & fresh juices & fruit - maybe the low immune ?? 

And had a stonker of a headache this afternoon - not normally a pain reliever taker, but couldn't take anymore of the ache so had some ibuprofen 

Oh and brought some epsom salts in tesco, so bath is almost calling for me

How are you ?  Its like something different everyday for me, def flu like which I had described to me - I want it done now though before the next one is here again 

Michelle  xx 

Hi Vic, 

Back ache lessened yesterday, just had little aches all over - stabby feeling sometimes, My chest hurts a bit - not sure if from surgery, heart or port other side or general aches from this...?? It doesn't hurt more when I breathe, so held out on calling emergency line 

I feel unenergised today, went & brought lots of fresh veg for our roast & fresh juices & fruit - maybe the low immune ?? 

And had a stonker of a headache this afternoon - not normally a pain reliever taker, but couldn't take anymore of the ache so had some ibuprofen 

Oh and brought some epsom salts in tesco, so bath is almost calling for me

How are you ?  Its like something different everyday for me, def flu like which I had described to me - I want it done now though before the next one is here again 

Michelle  xx 

Hey Michelle how’s today going for you? I started aching yesterday from my pelvis and down my legs , not horrendous but taken tablets.  today my feet feel strange like they don’t entirely belong to me. Been out for half hour walk but tired as didn’t sleep to good, no more steroids so hopefully will be better tonight

vic x

Hi Michelle, it is tough but I keep thinking 6 weeks last one. I’m not sleeping to well, hot flushes wake me up and I’m tossing and turning all night  I normally manage 6/7 hours. Tops of my legs/hips are a bit achey now. Hoping I still get a good few days feeling normal before next round. 

Vic x

@Michelle78 wrote:

Hey Vic, 

Mine was about 4hrs total,  had the steriods iv'd  just none to come home with,  thinking about it,  I was a bit emotional this am, prob from the original lot pumped through ? 

Then had x1 jab to do on Thursday (wbc one) 

I had to apologise to the nurse & My Mum as hid away in my hoodie - due to not wanting to talk, dreading the new s/e,  getting heavy headed from the piriton and also to mask the 'smell' on the unit - not a terrible smell, but just me with my memory/anticipation nausea/low gag reflex !  I was def more fidgety as wanted to get out, felt long after the other ones...

Hope you feel better asap and fingers crossed for little or no aches ?

I'm hoping for relief from them - but maybe asking too soon or not? Plenty of hot baths, hot water bottle & pain relief at the ready (their not so bad, just annoying) 

All the unknown again with the new cocktail hey ?! 

Keep me updated with how you are doing & we'll compare along the way 

Michelle  xx 

Hey Vic, 

Mine was about 4hrs total,  had the steriods iv'd  just none to come home with,  thinking about it,  I was a bit emotional this am, prob from the original lot pumped through ? 

Then had x1 jab to do on Thursday (wbc one) 

I had to apologise to the nurse & My Mum as hid away in my hoodie - due to not wanting to talk, dreading the new s/e,  getting heavy headed from the piriton and also to mask the 'smell' on the unit - not a terrible smell, but just me with my memory/anticipation nausea/low gag reflex !  I was def more fidgety as wanted to get out, felt long after the other ones...

Hope you feel better asap and fingers crossed for little or no aches ?

I'm hoping for relief from them - but maybe asking too soon or not? Plenty of hot baths, hot water bottle & pain relief at the ready (their not so bad, just annoying) 

All the unknown again with the new cocktail hey ?! 

Keep me updated with how you are doing & we'll compare along the way 

Michelle  xx 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh chicken you’ve got 🌪 bum from t, Imodium and up your carbs, tell your unit too and take in more fluids. Did you get meds for the thrush? Baby bum wipes and bucket of anosol will help 🌪bum. It runs out quicker than a greyhound out of a trap doesn’t it 😲😲😲you’ll be ok Imodium and carbs 👍💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi Michelle, I’ve not had aches yet but have had dry mouth and bit of sore throat. Feeling tired tonight and bit tearful earlier. Not looking forward to injections starting as give me headaches. Hope your aches go quickly. I wanted the curtains pulled round me at chemo but didn’t have the courage to ask, I didn’t feel like talking either. I still had steroids tho. Mine took 5 hours, I had achey legs it was awful 

Vic xxx

@Michelle78 wrote:

Hi Ladies,  

Just caught up on all your goings on - been trying to avoid online to help my head ! 

Glad you got your mouth/throat check out Chicken,  I've been using the difflam more quickly into cycles for the last couple, as felt the twinges going on ... 

Avilajo - We are are the same point, I had my 1st paclitaxel on Wednesday,   was absolutely zonked after the piriton - like an instant cloud in my head after infusion, spent about an hr with a hoodie on backwards to avoid talking to anyone - I wasn't very sociable - was dreading the new side effects

However, apart from being tired (Weds) 

I was fine on Thursday, then last night back ache started and in full force today - reasonable ache  - gave in & took ibruprofen this afternoon & have my hot water bottle 

I also have experienced super dry mouth this time, so trying to drink more  ? 

I've had no nausea or bad 'EC' taste which is a relief and no anti sickness & steriods to bring home, so no marshmellow head - which I think was the worst part 

Ruby,  how horrible having a reaction  - glad you had lots of attention to help you 

Hope you have a lovely weekend away 

Minimad, again so glad you are done & thank you for the 'tips' about paclitaxel 

Michelle 

Hi Ladies,  

Just caught up on all your goings on - been trying to avoid online to help my head ! 

Glad you got your mouth/throat check out Chicken,  I've been using the difflam more quickly into cycles for the last couple, as felt the twinges going on ... 

Avilajo - We are are the same point, I had my 1st paclitaxel on Wednesday,   was absolutely zonked after the piriton - like an instant cloud in my head after infusion, spent about an hr with a hoodie on backwards to avoid talking to anyone - I wasn't very sociable - was dreading the new side effects

However, apart from being tired (Weds) 

I was fine on Thursday, then last night back ache started and in full force today - reasonable ache  - gave in & took ibruprofen this afternoon & have my hot water bottle 

I also have experienced super dry mouth this time, so trying to drink more  ? 

I've had no nausea or bad 'EC' taste which is a relief and no anti sickness & steriods to bring home, so no marshmellow head - which I think was the worst part 

Ruby,  how horrible having a reaction  - glad you had lots of attention to help you 

Hope you have a lovely weekend away 

Minimad, again so glad you are done & thank you for the 'tips' about paclitaxel 

Michelle 

Shi... Difflam, on it Smiley Happy 

Ps ordered in my shopping that honey £20 for a jar, hope it's good Smiley Happy

OK.... I'm sorry but need to ask.... Has doxectaxal given any one diarrhea?? 

Tues it started, yesterday as well as oral thrush tablets doc gave me some cream as I'm on fire 🔥 and it's like glass each time I 💩.

I eat, 20min later... 💩

Hoping the cream starts to relieve me a bit, any helpful advice welcome. 

Ouch!!! 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi chicken sorry you have thrush. It gave me oral thrush each round so get fluconzole as kip said 👍make sure you have them in every goody bad and a couple of bottles of difflam 👍it’s a 😡but it keeps you safe 😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Glad it went OK Smiley Happy

Have a blast at centre parks ruby 👍

I think I'll buy some honey too 🍯 worth a try I suppose, thanks 

Feeling fine today but if dry mouth. Enjoy your break away sounds fun xxxx

@rubythursday wrote:

Good morning ladies,

Thrush is horrid, my darling hubby gave me food with chilies in it when I had it, made me cry! Hope it’s better soon.

Alvilajo good news it all went well, how are you feeling today? I had my paclitaxel yesterday and apart from sore feet feeling pretty human today!

nearly didn’t have it though as mentioned to chemo nurse I have been having palpitations and was whisked off for an ecg (which was fine) and have been told that although they let yesterday’s go ahead I won’t be able to have next weeks big combined Carboplatin/nab paclitaxel until I have had a heart echo scan which they are trying to get in for me before next week. If not I will miss a week, Carboplatin can cause heart damage. I think it’s a red herring, but what do I know!

i am off to centerparcs tomorrow for the weekend, ten of us going including all my kids, grandson, parents and ex sister in law! Should be fun, I have hired a mobility scooter as my walking limit is only about a mile now and I get knackered really easily! I won’t be swimming for obvious reasons but I don’t mind as last time my kids tricked me into going down a hideous water slide while they all waited at the bottom laughing their heads off :-) 

keep well all of you,

Ruby xx

Good morning ladies,

Thrush is horrid, my darling hubby gave me food with chilies in it when I had it, made me cry! Hope it’s better soon.

Alvilajo good news it all went well, how are you feeling today? I had my paclitaxel yesterday and apart from sore feet feeling pretty human today!

nearly didn’t have it though as mentioned to chemo nurse I have been having palpitations and was whisked off for an ecg (which was fine) and have been told that although they let yesterday’s go ahead I won’t be able to have next weeks big combined Carboplatin/nab paclitaxel until I have had a heart echo scan which they are trying to get in for me before next week. If not I will miss a week, Carboplatin can cause heart damage. I think it’s a red herring, but what do I know!

i am off to centerparcs tomorrow for the weekend, ten of us going including all my kids, grandson, parents and ex sister in law! Should be fun, I have hired a mobility scooter as my walking limit is only about a mile now and I get knackered really easily! I won’t be swimming for obvious reasons but I don’t mind as last time my kids tricked me into going down a hideous water slide while they all waited at the bottom laughing their heads off :-) 

keep well all of you,

Ruby xx

I had one bout of thrush with ec, hope u feel better soon chicken c

@Chicken81 wrote:

Good luck Alviljo for this afternoon.

Doctor said I've got thrush, so got some tablets. Hope this isn't going to be case all the time. But glad I checked and didn't just think it was a sore throat only. 

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Sore mouth tips.... Just had a thought I'd pass on,  manuka honey.. Lots of ladies use manuka honey and I used to take a spoonful each morning and let it sit on my tongue and mouth before swallowing. Its supposed to be antiseptic and good for you.  Anything worth a try hey. 

Hi

it was fine no reactions, antihistamines zonked me out tho xxx

Good luck,  let us know how you get on.  Mini mad xx

Good luck Alviljo for this afternoon.

Doctor said I've got thrush, so got some tablets. Hope this isn't going to be case all the time. But glad I checked and didn't just think it was a sore throat only. 

Good Luck Alvilajo. Hope it goes well x

Just waiting to go and have my first of four placlitaxel. Feeling nervous xx

Called doctor and he wants to have a look to ensure its not an infection. 

If it's not he said he'll give me something to ease the effects. 

I'll get that mouth wash out and started too. 

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

You poor ladies with sore mouths.  I had that too, definitely start the mouthwash and if your tongue feels at all odd and thick white definitely speak to the hotline.  I got oral thrush and it was yucckkk…  I was given some medicine to swish around my mouth and some Fluconazole tablets to take daily and used Difflam mouthwash.  Once I got on top of that it was ok.  Every cycle afterwards I always got the Fluconozole and started them as soon as I got a twinge in the mouth area and it kept it pretty well.  I also made up cooled boiled salt water and rinsed with that after eating and throughout the day.  

Sending you love...

Kip

x

Morning Chicken, sorry you are having trouble, start the mouthwash but also please call your chemo people as that could well also be an infection- better safe than sorry. Also if it is oral thrush you will need some meds. Xx
@Chicken81 wrote:

Thanks min mad.

My throat is worse, zed think I'm starting to come along the same lines as you now.

So I need to start with the mouth wash? 

Any other tips? 

It's feeling like tonsillitis, you know when you just get pain. 

Think ill need soup n ice cream today! 

Ouch! 

Thanks min mad.

My throat is worse, zed think I'm starting to come along the same lines as you now.

So I need to start with the mouth wash? 

Any other tips? 

It's feeling like tonsillitis, you know when you just get pain. 

Think ill need soup n ice cream today! 

Ouch! 

Hi  Chicken81 and everybody else on the June Chemo link.

hoping at whatever stage you lovely ladies find yourselves,  that you are managing to keep positve and coping with the dreaded side effects.... they just seem to pop out 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Chicken81 you mentioned a sore throat ??   Keep an eye on the area just behind the roof of your mouth... this is how my red patches started.... any sign, start the Difflam  mouth wash straight away.

i also made some mouthwash with salt and bicarb of soda n used it to rinse everytime i ate.

so keep strong and look further down the line to when you all have your final treatments and can then take the next step as i am now to your recovery....

BIG HUGS... mini mad xx 💖💖

T