Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: June 2021 Chemo Starters

🥳🥳🥳❤️❤️❤️👍👍👍💕💕Shi xx

GonnaGetThruThis

Morning all

I am about to have my very last chemo treatment. I thought that I would be so excited but it is quite surreal like how I was feeling at the start 

Anywhere here is a picture of me 'before ' looking all normal and then the actual bloody reality of it 

20211018_095533.jpg

20211018_102158.jpg

 that's all for now as the meds are making me drowsy so I need to close my eyes.

Kim x

hopeful1974

@Louise65 My final chemo is actually next Friday, so in countdown mode now. I’m feeling pretty good now and go from being able to do a run (Couch to 5K) to flopping on the sofa but that’s all good! I know my energy will return eventually. I do hope your session will go ahead. I’m not good with uncertainty but have had to learn how to tolerate it during the last few months! We haven’t planned anything yet for this weekend but hoping for a couple of nice walks and watching films in front of the fire. I’m not risking going out much at the moment as I want to stay germ-free for the next week. One thing is for sure - we’ll definitely be watching Strictly! I hope you have a lovely weekend. xxx

Louise65

@hopeful1974 hope your session today went well, was it your last? I've noticed I have a bit more hair, plus my whiskers have gone into over drive lol. 

Hope everyone is doing OK, anyone got anything nice planned for the weekend?

I'm back isolating for my session Monday which now may or may not happen I will know 10am Monday. Oncology have told me I need another blood test first thing Monday as my fbc had dropped even though I've not had treatment for 2 weeks. As you can imagine I'm feeling really fed up now can't go anywhere, partner has gig tomorrow night and Monday could be postponed again. 

Love to all

Louise xx

Heels to walking boots

@hopeful1974  you look great!!! That's quite a bit of hair growth...mine is just covering my bald patch now 🙂 

xxx

hopeful1974

@Heels to walking boots Not the best photo of me but to give you an idea just how much it has grown…

6B5BDECC-25E6-40C2-9D63-DA757C6DA92A.jpeg

Heels to walking boots

@hopeful1974 Sian, that is really interesting to hear that you too had hair growth on your treatment pathway. It wasn't something that i had been told or had heard before. So good to know that i should not worry.

I should instead focus on that fact that it is growing back 🙂

Thank you xx xx

hopeful1974

@Flower123 I was given the option of lumpectomy or mastectomy and I chose mastectomy as I too just wanted it all gone. Perhaps your tumour is smaller than mine was? I had a 2.5cm invasive carcinoma and a 7.7cm ductal carcinoma in situ. 

hopeful1974

@Heels to walking boots Lovely to hear from you. I do hope the rest of your chemo goes according to schedule. My hair has grown a lot during Docetaxel and Carboplatin and the nurses said that that is not uncommon. 

hopeful1974

@Fairie I feel like I retain water on Herceptin but I am still having it along with chemo at the moment. My face is puffy and I do feel like it is water rather than fat!

Heels to walking boots

@Louise65  hope you are feel better and i know how frustrating it is to be put back and to miss a session.

@Flower123 fingers crossed that you go straight to radio rather than surgery but like you say it is good to focus one the last chemo session.

It is so encouragable to hear how many are now close to finishing and ringing the bell....not sure there is a bell to ring at my hospital but i too will wish them all well and hope i never see them again when my time comes lol. But a huge congratulations to those that have finished and well done you did it! @Fairie  great news about your tumor and all the best with surgery. So uplifting!

I had another chemo session delayed which led to be a bit of a spiral of anxiety as i noticed my hair growing back which lead me to worry that paclitaxel was affective but after some research this can happen. Also after speaking with the oncologist my thresholds have been amended for my white blood count and i was able to have chemo this week which was a relief but still 5 weeks go which is not long in the grand scheme of things. However, there has been no discussion regarding surgery --so i am hoping that will happen soon to get an idea of when that will happen.

I hope everyone having chemo tomorrow that it goes well! @hopeful1974  i believe it is your last one...hope you are able to celebrate after.

Lots of love to you all! Thinking of you all.
Anabel xx

Flower123

@Louise65 

Sorry to hear this Louise . All the best for Monday now . So many virus and cold going around everywhere !! And the weather has certainly changed here got much colder .

I have just got back from breast consultant and have been booked in for Friday 12 November 4 weeks from last chemo , to have more margins taken away from breast . She did mention that we’re I am it’s taking 4/6 weeks to get results backs . It will be the waiting the worse if clear then will start radiotherapy if not she said another operation and maybe if not clear then removal of breast .I did ask if I could have it removed on the 12th Nov but said no it is not needed at the moment !! You come as way just wanting to know if all gone or not but that’s not going to happen till after operation .

I must just focus on last chemo Friday and getting through that .

Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well and , if not let us know we are here to support 

hugs to all 

Jennifer xxx

Fairie

Oh that’s annoying Louise! I’m sorry you had so much time wasted 🥴 xx

can I ask if anyone has experienced water retention on Herceptin or at all?

Love to all xxx Fairie 🧚🏻‍♀️

Louise65

@Fairie that is fantastic news about your tumour, wishing you all the very best for your surgery on 27th.

Hope everyone is doing ok and big cheer for those of you who are due your final session. 

I sat on the ward 3 hours last Friday waiting only to be told my consultant did not want it to go ahead due to my cold and my inflammatory markers being low. I was not happy as i had told the nurse who called the day before i had a cold. They have now booked me in Monday as couldn't fit me in this Friday then as long as nothing else I will have sessions the following 3 Tuesdays so no break. So looks like i won't be doing much for those 4 weeks. 

All the best ladies.

Love Louise xx

GonnaGetThruThis

@hopeful1974my last session will be Monday and from what i understand they will just take out the picc line as well so that is going to be a good feeling.  I was also avoiding my daughter last week, but not as much as you, because all of Y7 were sent home as they had too many cases in her year so i was a little worried she may have been a close contact.  We took PCR's even though we didnt have symproms to be sure.  I have my 2nd surgery consult on Thursday so it will be an 'exciting week'.  I asked last week about ringing the bell but they said they relocated it to their office rather than in the chemo ward out of respect to pallative and really ill patients.  I'll be happy jsut to say to them 'goodbye and hope to never see you all again' lol

hopeful1974

@GonnaGetThruThis Well done! You have got through this and I do think that chemo is the hardest part of the treatment. I too have my final chemo next week and I cannot wait to just get it over with. I am doing my best to avoid my daughter as she has a heavy cold and I really don’t want to catch that right now! I am taking food to her room but that’s it! 

Which day is your final chemo? Mine is on Friday and I will be ringing that bell! Siân xxx

GonnaGetThruThis

@Fairie such amazing news and I had the same news last week so I know exactly how you feel. My initial exam and ct scan estimated the tumor to be about 2.5cm then when I had my first Oncology consult it was 5cm and the mri 2 weeks ago showed it has all gone. 

I'm just back from my penultimate chemo session and I'm still a little shocked that I can say the words together 'next week final chemo ' and let's hope it is the last time ever! The nurse also told me that they will be able to take out my picc line after treatment next week so that will be exciting. Still have surgery and radiotherapy to come but that's just the next step.

To Flower and everyone else struggling, sending you some strength aand best wishes. 

Kim x

CoffeeFiend

Hi @Fairie 

Yes, Yes, Yes! What great news. I’m so pleased for you. It’s so encouraging to hear about results like yours when we are struggling through treatment. Glad you don’t have to wait long for your surgery xx

Fairie

Dear @Flower123 

Bless you! I’m so sorry you’ve been so poorly. 
I hope sincerely that you feel stronger and better soonest. 
sending healing wishes and lots of love xxx Fairie 🧚🏻‍♀️

Flower123

@Fairie @That is such great news to hear . It is a real boost for me hearing such positive news !

I will have my last chemo on Friday if bloods all good fingers crossed . Just had another 6 days in hospital picked  up an infection in pic line( had out )  and then in blood . District nurse came to change pic line and I collapsed due to infection she got ambulance and stayed in on lots of antibiotics iv also was neutropenia. Feel much better now just tired and lots of feet hand tingling.  and get a little out of  breath if do to much .
I have appointment with breast consultant about next step which should be second op to remove margins that weren’t clear from first operation before chemo . Hopefully all be good news Wednesday afternoon. 

Thinking of everyone and sending love . Take care 

Jennifer xx

hopeful1974

@Fairie That is such wonderful news! I am delighted to hear it. It is reassuring to hear that the treatment has worked as I am having the same treatment but as an adjuvant treatment so I won’t be able to see how well it has worked (I had my mastectomy in April). I was the same re mastectomy. I was offered a lumpectomy but just wanted it all out and was very glad I did in the end as my margins were clear but close for my DCIS which I had alongside the carcinoma. 

I think it sounds very sensible to have a weekend of gentled normality. I am trying to do the same and going shopping with my 14-year old daughter. That always brings me back to reality! We are also watching Strictly. Enjoy and once you have got over being in shock, hopefully elation will kick in for you too! xxx

Fairie

Hi @hopeful1974 and everyone

thank you for response and wishes for me yesterday. 
I am still in shock as the surgeon told me my 5cm tumour was undetectable! 
this just goes to show that for all the harshness of chemo and side effects we suffer and Herceptin can work. 
I will still have a mastectomy, although surgeon said I didn’t need one and possibly just a lumpectomy, I don’t want to keep my breast. This is my second BC and I had mastectomy 15 years ago. So we all agreed ( hubby too) that for me it was the best option.

I will remain on Herceptin until next summer. Radio therapy will be decided after mastectomy but she said I may not need it. Lymph nodes remain looking okay but these will be tested whilst I’m asleep and if anything detected she will do a lymph clearance. She thinks they should be okay.

I am in shock! I can’t quite take this news in! I’ve been tearful and for me I think it’s about coming back from that edge of waiting to hear bad news again. 
a gentle weekend ahead of doing house chores, shopping and gardening and walking will I think help me by doing normal things and of course Strictly tonight. 

so my friends… keep positive!

my surgery will be on the 27th Oct and I’m told I will go home the same day! Wow how things have changed from 15 years ago👏

my love to each and everyone of you xxx Fairie xxx

hopeful1974

@Fairie I hope today went well and that you got some good information following your scan.

I too question myself all the time about what I should do differently, but I am probably the healthiest of all my friends. I hardly drank, have never been overweight, always eaten organic, very little sugar, never smoked, always exercised, never taken the pill, breastfed both babies…..the list goes on. There is very little I could change other than actually eat less healthily and start drinking!! I don’t think we will ever know what caused our cancers so am currently thinking that I will just continue to lead a balanced, pretty healthy lifestyle with the odd treat when I fancy it. xxx

hopeful1974

@GonnaGetThruThis I am so glad to hear this. I can understand why you are delighted. It is great that your mum will arrive just in time too. My last chemo is on 22/10, so not long after you. Will you be ringing the bell? I am going to! xxx

GonnaGetThruThis

Totally agree about not blaming ourselves, no-one is perfect and we have no control over why this happens.

So I've just had some VERY good news.    Had the Oncology Dr consultation over the phone.  Firstly that I have only 2 sessions left and not 5 as I thought.  Originally she had scheduled in 9xP plus 3xC at the end but said that the 3xC would only be if the response wasn’t great and/or I had the dodgy gene.  So seeing as I have had an excellent response (her words) and I was negative for the gene she said there isn’t a need to do more.  She then said the MRI showed it was completely gone or virtually completely gone as they can’t truly tell until they get in there in surgery.    I have my LAST chemo treatment on Monday Oct 18 then the surgery consult on Thursday Oct 21, so i am expecting the actual surgery to be mid November rather than mid December now.  so exciting (and a bit scary).   

My mum is only due to come on Nov 7 as we expected 12 weeks of chemo but she will be here just in time which is good.

So this has certainly brightened up my day.  sorry if anyone isnt feeling great at the moment and i hope that some good news can help cheer you up as well.

Kim xxx

Fairie

Thank you coffeefiend xxx 

CoffeeFiend

Hi @Fairie 

I’m exactly the same on blaming myself!    Too heavy, wrong food, not enough exercise etc. Although I know those things on their own don’t cause BC directly I still have to keep reminding myself  it’s not my fault. Results days are so nerve-wracking that I think the anxiety comes out like that. It’s good to remember how much we have done to take care of ourselves and get well. Herceptin gives me horrible acne. Drives me mad. I finish in June 22 so that’s a lot of concealer! Good luck for Friday. I’ll be thinking of you xx

Fairie

Hello all friends 

this is Fairie (Sharon)

im sorry I’ve been elsewhere lately, busy with settling my mum back at home and sorting out all kinds around that.

I see my surgeon for MRI results on Friday and to discuss surgery likely due 27th October. 
I’m continuing on Herceptin for another 12 treatments. 
I think of you ALL often and I hope once things settle more with parents I’ll be on our page more 🙏🏻🤞🏼

im a bit nervous about Friday and what my MRI will reveal but can feel the lump I presented with is much smaller so I will go hopeful that she’s pleased with progress so far.

I heard from the genetics team and an told I don’t carry a faulty gene and this second time of primary Bc is just bad luck.

im trying not to blame myself and I’m told it’s nothing I’ve done, but then I find myself questioning myself! Did I not exercise enough, did I drink too much vino, I’ve gained weight since my first journey of bc 15 years ago, I could have eaten more healthily 🤦🏻‍♀️ And I have to stop myself as it doesn’t help! 
what I did do right was trusted my intuition 15 years ago that something wasn’t right and despite being told I was 99.9 fine I pressured to be checked further thank goodness!! 
and again this time I just knew something wasn’t right and I was right. 
 Anyway.. I must go to sleep as didn’t sleep a wink hardly at all last night, Side effect of Herceptin, so hope to catch up with sleep tonight 🤞🏼
Love to all xxx Fairie 

Fairie

Thinking of you Louise and sending healing wishes and lots of love xx Fairie ❣️

Flower123

@Louise65 

Louise ,,sorry to hear this , it is horrible when you feel so unwell . Mouth and bone pains I can understand from own experience and going through. I do find the morphine help me for the bone pain they also gave me to go along side , slow realising morphine table ( tiny) that helped keep pain at bay all through night . I would do bone injection 6. 30 paracetamol then morphine table 8.30 then morphine liquid 10.30 ish . It works for me but every different. Great news on scan they say scar tissue hates the chemo drug and you can get a lot of pain , lumps and discomfort. You must also be glad work all sorted one less added worry on the brain .

sending love 

Jennifer x

hopeful1974

@Louise65 This is such a very tough journey, isn’t it? I am so sorry you’re feeling so rough. I’m feeling really rough too as had chemo on Friday. It’s my penultimate one and I cannot wait for my last one on 22/10. I guess we just have to think that the more treatment we can tolerate now, the greater the chance of the cancer being gone forever. Your weekend away sounds wonderful. I’m going to plan something for after my last chemo too. Anyway, big hugs and together we can do this. 😘 🤗 

Louise65

Hi Ladies

Hope you are all keeping as well as can be. I havent been on for a while been feeling pretty low.

Finally have work sorted now and wont be returning until chemo finishes next month. I saw the breast consultant last week after a month of worry, they did an ultrasound as well and all ok the pain ive been experiencing is scarring and the new drug. I have 4 sessions left and am so ready for the end. I currently have a cold and mouth full of ulcers. After speaking with my oncologist and being given 3 lots of meds for oral thrush and also oral morphine for the bone pain i go down with a cold!!! He has agreed for me to have my radiotherapy beginning January so i can get back into work and build strength up ready. We have a weekend booked at seaside once chemo finished and i cant wait it will be first time away this year. 

Wishing you all well.

Louise xx

Impatience

Hi @BabyBunting 

I am on week 2 of my 3rd (& final) Docetaxel. My 2nd cycle was my worst. This last cycle has been much better. Almost like my body has learnt to put up with it. I had the usual attack on my bowel for days 1-4 and I have had some jaw/tooth pain this time but mild. 

My onc did reduce both my 2nd and 3rd doses by 20% as the first wiped out my cells and put me in hospital. 

I hope your 3rd session is much better. It’s difficult to tell as we are all different but just wanted to share my positive experience with you in the hope that helps in some way. Wishing you lots of good luck with your treatment. 

Imp x

BabyBunting

On week 3 of my second docetaxel and have managed to do some work, but mostly in bed. So I’m pretty fed up about that and it’s giving me back ache. But I just don’t seem to have enough energy to stand or walk around much. Still, only 2 more rounds to go-ha ra! We’re nearly there! Did anyone have a better round 3 or 4 on docetaxel or is that a daft question lol ? Xxx

hopeful1974

@GonnaGetThruThis How lovely that you were able to attend your friend’s wedding. Treats every so often really help to boost your morale, don’t they? As does having a sense of normality. 

Well, I had my penultimate chemo today so this time in three weeks I will be able to ring that bell! I am so glad to have the end within touching distance and it is really helping me psychologically when I have uncomfortable side effects. 

How is everyone else? Did anyone else have treatment this week? Sending love and hugs as always. xxx

GonnaGetThruThis

Afternoon everyone,

I was so happy that i was able to go into London yesterday to attend my friends wedding.  When she booked it a couple of months ago we literally had no idea how I would be so it was amazing to be able to go and pretty much feel normal.  I even had 2 small glasses of bubbles.  First drink that ive had since end of May before treatment started.  

Had my weekly bloods and assessment today and we spoke about my lack of sleeping.  I have now been prescribed an antihistamine from the GP as traditional sleeping tablets dont seem to work so she wants me to try them the next 3 nights and report back on Monday.  Ive come to the conclusion that sleep will jsut not be great until this is 'over' and you know what, as crappy as that is, I still feel i am getting off really lightly with regards to other side effects so I'll try not to complain too much!

I've noticed that food is starting to taste differently and even the water has an odd taste to it.  When the nurse asked if this was impacting my eating and drinking, i laughed and said no chance of that!

Hope everyone has a good weekend and remember we are all another step closer to the end of this tough time.

Kim xxx

hopeful1974

Hi @JessicaB , I am sorry to hear that the Docetaxel is harder on you than the FEC was. I have all the side effects you have listed but for me they are not bad compared to how I was on EC where I was just in this horrible state where I couldn’t eat or sleep and couldn’t concentrate enough to watch tv for days on end. With the TCHP regime, I only have one or two really bad days where the tiredness, headache and severe nausea hit all at once, but otherwise I am mainly just tired. I don’t like the bad taste at all, but that seems to get better after a week or so. I think you are right that we all react differently and you can’t really compare one person’s experience to someone else’s. I do hope it gets better for you. If you get any pins and needles or numbness in your hands and feet I’m sure you know that you need to let your team know as they may lower your dose. 

I had to decide about which surgery to have quite soon after finishing EC chemo and I remember thinking that I just did not have the ability to digest all the info. Fortunately, I knew that I just wanted a simple mastectomy without reconstruction so it wasn’t too complicated a decision. 

Congratulations on being over halfway. I think that’s huge psychologically. xxxx

JessicaB

Hello lovely people!

I have been keeping up with your news/posts but not managed a reply until today.  

My last chemo was a change from FEC to Docetaxel.  Tomorrow is my next session.  I have found Docetaxel harder than FEC.  It seems to me almost impossible for the health care professionals to prepare you for this journey as everyone reacts differently and for some Docetaxel seems easier than their previous drugs.  

But I found I was much more tired, I had taste changes (just ebbing away now), odd feelings in my fingers (but not tingling) and rashing between the thighs (although this could have been combined with hot weather).  I will be better prepared this time I hope. 

Whilst I have not had any crashingly low moments I am super glad to be over halfway now.  I know I have to have more surgery - reconstruction and at the moment I haven't found the energy to research this part of the treatment in any detail and my breast care team didn't want to discuss it at the beginning of the treatment.  

Eyebrows are hanging in there just but for the most part I havent used make up much, however when I do, I do feel better about myself so may be I should take the extra time.  

I wanted to say just how well you are all doing, finding happy moments amongst the rubbish that this is.  So proud of you all.

xxxx Jessica xxxx

hopeful1974

@Flower123 My third Covid jab was almost 6 months after my second one. I just asked for it a week early as next week is chemo week and I was told by my oncologist that it is best to have the jab in the third week of my cycle. I get the hot flushes too but they are definitely worse on the days I take the steroids. My suspicion is that it is the higher dose of steroids which is to blame but I suppose it could be the Docetaxel. In general, I have been hotter at night so have switched to a summer duvet which has helped. My hot flushes seem to have settled down over time (remember I started chemo in February). I have also heard that antidepressants can help with hot flushes and I have been on them since March. 

Flower123

@Impatience  lovely to hear from you Imp.

Congratulations no more chemo sessions left   🎉🥰 what an amazing feeling that must be .

No I didn’t have this in FEC but have to say the side effects for me are so much manageable at the moment on Docetaxel. Yes certainly got very bad in the second round of Docetaxel but this could be that I had 100% this time instead of 80% due to infection! It’s just nice to hear that it is ok and nothing to extra worry about as you feel ohh god not a hospital visit!!!! I to will be doing hormone but after second operation, and start of radiotherapy.

Take care 

Jennifer xx

Impatience

Hi @Flower123 

Re your question about nighttime sweats. I’m exactly the same. They seemed to start when I began the Docetaxel. I wake up soaked and very warm. I didn’t get them whilst on EC  

I had my final chemo session last Thursday so I’m hoping this may ease. However I’m due to start hormone therapy (letrozole) in a couple of weeks which have night sweats as a side effect. Hey ho these things are sent to try us!

It is really good to read that you only have one more to go. Despite feeling grotty for the past few days I am coping in the knowledge that I won’t back in the chemo lounge in 3 weeks time  It is a good feeling!

Wishing everyone a good week  

Imp x

Flower123

@hopeful1974  That’s is a great feeling knowing 5 is underway and we both only have 1 to go! Can I ask with the Covid booster was it 6 months from your second Covid injection??

@Heels to walking boots @I am not to bad Thankyou very tired today and bone pains from injection which pain relief and resting helping.

I have starting especially over last few night being  soaking wet sweat over body needed shower in night .I do get hot flushes but this is extreme /medication steroid/ chemo trigger? . Any one have this or got tips to relief.?  Did go for a walk yesterday late afternoon and think I pushed myself a bit hard !!

Sending love everyone looking out my very rainy bedroom window 

Jennifer xx

hopeful1974

Hi @Heels to walking boots , Lovely to have your news. I’m glad to hear the iced booties seem to be working. I used mine on my last cycle and I definitely have had less neuropathy although I did have 20% less Docetaxel too, so that may have also helped. I’m actually looking forward to my chemo on Friday as it will be number 5 out of 6. I just want to be able to tick it off and then only have 1 left. I had my Covid 3rd jab on Friday and felt a bit ropey on Saturday, but have otherwise been fine. 

Sending love to you and everyone else. xxx

Heels to walking boots

Helloo ladies,

just back from chemo and feeling a little woozy but apart from that all good. I am ready for the rash which tends to appear on day 2 and 3 and seems all manageable with antihistamines so that’s good. No tingly fingers so I think the cold gloves and socks are doing there job. So thank you Sian @hopeful1974 for the recommendation!

@Flower123 I hope symptoms are still mild and that you are feeling well post chemo!

@GonnaGetThruThis  fantastic news that they can’t feel the mass! Such wonderful news!! Did the surgeon discuss what type of surgery you will be having? I am hoping if all sticks to plan that I could too have surgery before Christmas but I don’t have an appointment until 1st December to discuss. So not sure if that will happen. But I guess that will give them time for Scans to take place once chemo is over. I just would like to know what the plan is ..as I am a bit of a planner and not knowing makes me anxious. 

hope everyone is well? @Trowster hope you managed to get away? I thought of you at the weekend as managed to bike rides which was great.

lots of love to you all!

anabel xx

Flower123

@GonnaGetThruThis  So lovely to hear such good news on the lump . Always fells good when things start moving in the forward direction .With regards with Neut I had second chemo and had my at 0.5 so hospitable stay and 20 bags of iv antibiotics!! Then from then on they put me on extra bone marrow injection so 5 to 7 and touch wood have done the trick. Mine is normally 2.5 / each time now.

I am waiting for appointment to see breast consultant for operation should be in post next week . ( This if all gone well is going to be for extra margin removed as after lumpectomy  and lymph remove still a few NON active cancer cell in breast, but had short window to start chemo so that came first then little op second ) . 
Had chemo Frid and so far very mild side effects here’s to another good day hopefully.

Hope everyone else staying strong and still enjoying this weather 

love Jennifer x

hopeful1974

@GonnaGetThruThis That is such great news about the lump feeling so much smaller. My neutrophils were at 1.9 before I started chemo and have historically been around that level. During this chemo, I have dropped below 1.5 twice and had to have extra G-CSF injections to get them back up as they didn’t go back up on their own after a week’s delay. My chemo doses were lowered as a result and the last time round, my neutrophils were back up at 2.9. 1.5 is the cut-off point - below that and I am not allowed chemo. I would imagine it is the same everywhere, although you never know. I didn’t have an MRI before my op, just an ultrasound, which didn’t show up the size of my DCIS which was bigger than they had thought. I imagine an MRI is more accurate. I was very glad I chose a mastectomy over a lumpectomy as I would have had to have a second op to get the DCIS out in the end anyway. 

It is great that it may all be done by December. I found that after the first week after the op, I felt well in myself. I was restricted in what I was able to do for several weeks but as long as you have some people running around after you, you’ll be fine! xxx

GonnaGetThruThis

Hi ladies,

So busy day yesterday.  Surgery consult at 9am at one hosptial, blood test at 12 at my usual hospital then back at 5pm for the MRI (not sure what i wrote the other day to think it was earlier sorry).  

As expected after a chat with my BCN friend, he said ideally I would had already had the MRI or at least they would have seen me after I had it.  It wasn’t a wasted trip of course as I felt that as I hadn’t seen any Dr since the beginning of June and after EC2 that it was good to have a chat and ask questions.  (My Sep 8 app was cancelled and they hadnt rebooked).  Most importantly for me was that he examined me and he said 'I CANT FEEL A MASS AT ALL', so this was very good news.  The last time the Dr felt me she said she could feel a softer 1cm mass.  He said he could only feel a node or nodule of breast tissue or something like that, but not a solid mass!  Anyway this was good news and shows the chemo treatment is doing its job.

We talked tentatively about surgery (he wouldn't comit on type of course till after the MRI results) but he said that he would book another appointment for about 4 weeks time (coincidentally the digital letter came through and i have an app in 4 weeks) to discuss it all and see how many sessions i have left and what will happen.  He then said after chemo is finished there will be a final appointment to confirm everything, then bloods taken (importably WBC must be above 3), then an ultrasound to connect a wire to the clip thats in there.  He said all going well the surgery can be booked for within 1-2 weeks of this appointment!!!   i am so hoping for this stage to be over before the middle of December.

I have been charting my blood results and see a slow decline in HB, WBC and Neut so want to discuss this when im back on Monday for treatment 6/12.  WBC started at 6.3 and now 2.8 and Neut was 3.7 and now 1.9 (well both as at last chemo so i will see on Monday).  not sure of the limit but i suspect Neut has to be above 1 and i can see that happening soon so will ask about the injections etc. Has anyone else noticed this decline?

Apart from that Im doing ok.  sleep is still rubbish (even taking half a sleeping tablet) which means im tired constantly but at least it isnt the crippling fatigue.  i did try a full tablet but it didnt make a difference and i also felt groggy the next day. 

Hope everyone else is keeping well.

Kim x

BabyBunting

Hi. Re @simplyeye I’ve had 4x2 dex steroid for 3 days this round, followed by 2 days of 3 a day. The dex made me feel arsey, miserable, tearful and doom laden. Then back to normal emotionally once I finished the steroids. Although the dosetaxcel SEs have lasted longer this time-pretty much in bed for 10 days. Has anyone else had this experience on dexemethasone?

Heels to walking boots

@Flower123 Hope all goes well today!

I also took Aprepitant zentive with chemo and that kept the sickness at bay.

Hope everyone else is well

xx 

Flower123

@simplyeve @Thank for reply , I just find it strange as touch wood I have not had any sickness from the start of chemo but have taken Aprepitant zentive on day chemo and for 2 days after . 
Enjoy your weekend hopefully a bit of rest for you and think the sun will be shining.

Everyone wishing you all a good weekend too 

Love to all

Jennifer x