Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAY 2021 CHEMOTHERAPY STARTERS

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: MAY 2021 CHEMOTHERAPY STARTERS

Michelle ❤️ See that blue sky and sunshine out the window this morning, go out side and smile up at it 💪💪💪 you are stronger than you think you are and everyone is more amazing than they ever think they are ❤️ 👭👭👭 The ❤️👭on these threads is for always for everyone ❤️ You are doing great ❤️ 😁💕💕💕Shi xx

Michelle21

Hello May Ladies

I was wondering if I could join your group as you all seem quite active on the thread and quite honestly I could do with all the support I can get! 
This is my story so far. In 2018 I was diagnosed with HER2+ BC in my right breast. It was a devastating shock as it is for everyone but I got on with it. Chemo with herceptin and Perjeta, which gave a complete response, followed by a lumpectomy and rads. It took me a little while to mentally recover but actually I was jogging along nicely, appreciating every second of life, even in lockdown! Then in March I went for my routine annual mammogram and to my complete and utter shock they found cancer in my left breast. This time it is TN. 
So I started chemo in April, so far I have had 3 FEC and on Thursday I start weekly paclitaxel with 3 weekly carboplatin. Is anyone else on this regime? I don’t know yet if this is for 9 or 12 weeks but I had a halfway ultrasound and the tumour had stopped growing but hadn’t really shrunk much. I also have node involvement and they had shrunk a bit so that was good news.
I am having having a PICC line put in today which I haven’t had before but my veins are starting to ache and as I’m going on to weekly it seems like a good idea, although I’m a bit nervous. 
I read comments that a few of you wrote about being scared about the future. I realise I’m not the best example as I’m back here again however I can say that I did move on cancer and really embraced life more than ever. Hopefully I will again and so will everyone here. 
Sending love to all 

Michelle x

TicTok

coffeeandcake ....Hi glad you are doing good and able to carry on with some normality, it does seem the larger the lump the chemo goes first , be good if they shrink as much as karden’s i have about 3 nodes involved also , my 2nd chemo next Thursday.

coastal yes very scary 😳 been fine since though 

love to you all xx

coffeeandcake

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have not been active on here the past couple of weeks. I do keeping reading your updates and meaning to catch up but life is busy at the moment!

I have now had my second EC - that was a week ago and I am feeling grateful that I have had few side effects so I have been able to carry on as normal for most of the time. Although I did have an epic 14 hour sleep at the weekend! My kids are still young (early years) so i need to be able to keep up with them at weekends. Work are very understanding - again I am very lucky to work for a supportive employer. 

My port has been in a month so that has really settled down and i have even been out for a very slow jog this weekend which i found ok - just need to take care of the pressure on my heart and take it easy as i think this is one of the side effects of chemo.

My plan is 4 rounds of EC (3 weekly)  followed by 12 weekly rounds of Paclitaxel (sp?), then surgery and finally radiotherapy. so all in all about a years worth of treatment i expect! My tumour was 12cm (yes 12cm!!) and is grade 3 with lymph node spread so I think the MDT decided to try and shrink it before surgery, although it was a close call between which to go for first. I am ER+ and HER2neg. 

Best wishes to you all xx

Karden

@Poacher65 Good luck with your chemo on Friday my 3rd FEC is on Thursday. I started with 4 x Docetaxel in December before I had the lumpectomy. My side-effects were loss of taste, mouth ulcers and diarrhea but the fatigue was mild. We will all react differently so it could be different for you just as we are all having different experiences now. In addition to Docetaxel I had cyclophosphamide, pertuzamab and Herceptin but you may not. I am on the ROSCO trial and that's why I had 4 instead of 3 and why I am now having 4 x FEC.

My tumour was HER+ and it shrank from 25 mm to 5 mm following the Docetaxel and I have not had any lymph node involvement at all. 

I also work from home 4 days per week and I'm lucky that my employer doesn't put any pressure on me so that I can do as much or as little as I feel capable of. It really does help me to feel as normal as possible and connected to my colleagues but I know this isn't possible for everyone and we all need to make choices that are right for us.

I always have a list of questions for my oncologist and she's always happy to explain why decisions are made. Knowing the reasoning behind it helps me to accept what treatment is advised.

Best wishes, Karen x

Coastal

@TicTok so glad you are ok! 💐 That must have been so scary for you, but really well done for making the call, we need to make sure we are listening to our bodies and keeping well!  Take care lots of love ❤️

@Karden have a lovely time in Whitby! May the sun keep shining for you 🌞

Love to all xxx 

Karden

@TicTok That must have been frightening for you but glad to hear that all is well and you are home now.  You did the right thing in calling your advice team, it's best to be safe.

@Sammy73  it sounds as though you had a good time with your Mum and sister. I think it's good to have social treats as and when we feel well enough.

@Love running how are you feeling since your last chemo? Are you managing to keep up with the running?

I have felt pretty good for the last 10 days and my husband and I are going away from Monday to Wednesday and I am really looking forward to seeing the sea again at Whitby in N. Yorkshire.

My 3rd chemo is on Thursday and I'm hoping it goes as well as the previous one. I expect to be really tired from day 3 to 5 or 6 and then will start feeling ok again. 

I have signed up to the Breast Cancer Now Afternoon Tea in August. It's going to be in my garden, weather permitting, and my active treatment will have finished by then. I wanted to raise funds and this will give me something more to enjoy planning.

I hope everyone has had a reasonably good weekend. xx 💜

Love running

@TicTok

So good you are back home 🌸🌺 I hope you can have a more relaxed evening and good night of sleep.

Take care

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi tiktok, glad you are home ❤️ If you are having chemo every 3 weeks, day 11 you are within the nadir phase, so good for you being vigilant and ringing your team ❤️ Always check everything with your team during chemo, what you might think is nothing or you think oh I’ll wait an hour please just always ring your team to check, things could need antibiotics ASAP during chemo. Keep safe and help your team keep you safe ❤️💕💕Shi xx

TicTok

Hi I am back home tests were ok apart from white cells are low which we expect anyway , the doctor rang oncology and they were happy to send me home as it is most likely a side effect of chemo .... thought I was doing to well 😏.

cumbrian lady that is probably the case as mine is 14 ml plus calcification up to may be 30ml and yes I agree any reduction is good .

shi I am on docetaxel and taxotere and day 11 I will keep skipping 😁👍

loverunning I haven’t been given anything to boost the bone marrow , hopefully they will get better before my next blood test . Any way enough about me I hope you are all ok 

love to all xx

Love running

@TicTok 

I am taking Pelgraz for boosting the bone marrow and I was told that it could give strong chest pain (due the number of bones we have there), which can ressemble a heart attack. I had only once a strong pain but it resolved after few minutes. 

I am glad you are taken care of and they checked you throughly and it is over. 

hugs

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Tick tok glad you rang helpline 👍 which chemo are you having and what day in your cycle are you on? Remember your team have seen everything before and will know what to do ❤️ Chemo can be a bit like skipping double Dutch (if you are old enough to remember the Malcolm mcclaren double Dutch video) you just gotta keep skipping 👍😁💕💕Shi xx

Cumbrian Lady

@TicTok My surgeon told me that the way they work your treatment out, is due to the size of the lumps (well in my case it was )  (I could have decided against it) but as the lumps in my lymph glands were fairly large they wanted to try to reduce them in size before surgery - it worked for the two in my breast but not such a good result on the others. I do not regret having the chemo any reduction has to be good in my view.😁

Poppy xx

TicTok

Morning ladies not a good start to the day 🤔woke up with a pressure on my chest and thumping heart it got worse when I sat up and very scary … I rang my help line it said if got heart issues ring emergency, which I did , paramedics came and did all the tests which were ok . They took me to Leicester royal where I am now awaiting blood tests etc etc …. Had anyone else had anything like this happen pains have gone now just got a very woozy head 😱…. Love to all xx

Coastal

I also meant to say I got a wig prescription from the chemo nurses.  It's £150 if you receive benefits or £75 otherwise.  A real saving! My wig was £165 from trendco so with the prescription really good value.  I tried on loads of their wigs and they were really helpful.  Xxx

Sammy73

@Love running @Coastal @TicTok 

I had Op first, nipple sparing mastectomy with implant and lymph node removal all on left then treatment. I do think maybe it depends on the surgeon and oncologist. 

I will say im still recovering from that nearly 9 weeks on and having chemo, maybe surgery after is not so abbrassive. 

A sunny day and im going to work for a couple of hours which feels good. 

Enjoy your sunday all xx

Coastal

Hope the sun is out for you all 🌞 @TicTok I'm only having 8 sessions too, and had the op first.  Wish I knew the reasoning behind it all! Or could be a fly on the wall on the mdt meetings where they discuss our treatment! 😬 Or maybe not!!! I'm freaked out enough as it is.  Have a great day everyone! ❤️😘Xxx

TicTok

Love running …I hope to get my opp for a Christmas present , Sorry I didn’t realise you had had your opp , it’s weird how some they do chemo first and others the opp 🤷‍♂️ …. Don’t worry if so they are being hunted down by the wolf 🐺… 

enjoy this beautiful day xxx

Sammy73

Hi @Love running 

Well we had lunch and probally over did it as we went to Arundel to see a bird sanctuary. Im going to be a bit useless today for it but mum enjoy us girls giggling and i suppose that helps her. 

Its warm and sunny here, i worked last weekend but wont be today lucky i live with the boss man 💕

2nd treatment next Wednesday with my picc so hope all goes smootly and quicker then there i go again. I keep saying to myself be patient,  i have never in my life been bloody patient!! 

Us woman are doer's but now we take a back seat. Hey ho enjoy the weekend, hope it stays dry wherever you are x

Love running

@Sammy73 

I hope you had a good day with your mum and sister💕.

It is sometimes hard to be with friends and family and to have to deal with their emotions, and to be strong and supportive to them when you feel yourself vulnerable. 

I know what you mean with the countdown freaking you out, when I think about it, it feels like an unreachable goal. I won’t be done with treatment before Christmas. Looking at it, it will mean that almost a whole year will have been lost for this.

But let’s not get ourselves down today, it is Saturday and where I am it is sunny and warm. I will take it easy and enjoy it.

take care

Love running

@TicTok 

I have 16 cycles in total (4EC + 12 paclitaxel) and 3-5 weeks radiation.😩🥺. 
If all goes well, this will be my Christmas gift. Feels so far away. 

My 3 little pigs (3 tumors) are gone (2 surgeries done in March/April) hopefully burnt in a biohazard disposal oven but I am worried about the individual malign cells that might have left my little pigs to travel and nest elsewhere in my body. 

TicTok

Morning poacher sorry to here you had a bad week 😞….I can’t imagine at the minute how good it will feel to be halfway through am I the only one who is most likely having 8 sessions ? It seams a life time away . I like to think of Boris gradually curling up and shrinking  and getting the hell out of my body but like you in reality the what ifs sometimes take over 😏… BUT let’s have non of that we are all in very good hands and positivity will get us all through with our lovely group. ….. love to all xx

Poacher65

Hi Everyone 

@Love running @Sammy73 @noodledoodle @Coastal @TicTok 

And Everyone else I've missed.....

Been quiet for a while due to bad week after 2nd EC then busy good week at work, although still working at home, it's been busy for me.

I have been catching up on how you are all doing and what you've been up to and it's seems a lot of what I've been experiencing symptom wise and emotion wise you all have too! Which means I feel 'normal' which when going through this is a good feeling as you begin to worry whats normal and what's not.

I have my 3rd EC on 11th June so then is all goes to plan will be 50% through my chemo.....then start 3 cycles of Doecetaxal....anyone had any experience of this drug so I know what to expect?

I'm worried that this drug will affect me in a worse way then the EC although to be fair the EC hasn't been too bad...my side effects.... I think...stem more from the Filgrastin injections......they make me feel rubbish! Although I know what they do help avoid me being unwell with infection so they are worth it.

I have my appointments for my mid- point scan to assess if my tumour has shrunk, appointment with oncologist then have my appointment with my surgeon to discuss my surgery in more detail just before my 4th cycle on 30th June. Dreading these appointments as they are the first where they will give an idea of the effectiveness of those first 3 chemos on tumour size and the inevitable worry that its not doing its job creeps in! What if I am the one who has no response....

You are all such strong women who give me strength to fight and beat this thing.....please all take good care and enjoy the good days....we have got this  xxxx

Sammy73

@Love running 

Sounds very simular path phases to me apart from phase 2 i have x3 taxotan.

Again counting down helps sometimes then also scares the bleep out of me. 

Bought loads of hats yesterday online and feel better today going for lunch with my sister and mum. Might be the worse thing to do as mum getsvso emotional but its a change of scenery.

Have a good day in the rain all xx

Coastal

@Cumbrian Lady thanks so much for all your tips!  It's great to hear about your experience.  I'm sometimes glass half full and can look for the worst possible scenario in things - totally unhelpful I know!  It's good to see a positive outcome! I've stopped the googling and freaking out that I did at the beginning!  I love the idea of your hair looking like a Badger! I think mine will be like that, I've been dieing it for years, no idea of how much grey I have!  X

Coastal

Hi @Sammy73 that must have been so hard for you, do take care of yourself  💐 it's so hard this experience, so emotionally draining at the best of times.  Sending you a virtual hug ❤️

I find it very comforting having you lovely ladies on here to share with, to help keep me together emotionally.  I've also had some anti depressants which I know are not for everyone but seem to be working for me at the moment anyway.  Good friends are also helping to see me through. Xxx 

Love running

Good morning @Linds7oaks 

A special thought to you. I just wanted to say hi and send you some positive vibes and strengths to help you through your fourth round.

How are you today? I know it is hard but keep on fighting. You are getting closer to the end, every day that passes, gets you closer to it. We will be there to help you through.

take care 

Coastal

@TicTok ha ha!  Yes it's a bit depressing having a permanent bad hair day!  I've taken to wearing a summer hat when I leave the house now anyway! X

Love running

@Cumbrian Lady 

Thank you for sharing your ‘positive’ journey. It is good to hear that it also can go ‘smooth’

You are right, this journey is very individual and we all react differently. 

Personally I have had bad days (mostly due to withdrawal of the steroids when I go through a roller coaster of emotions) but overall I have had more good days than bad days so far. Every day that passes, I am getting closer to the end of it. And it is the good days that count the most nowadays. I enjoy them to the max. 

The end of chemo is my first goal.

- PHASE 1: 3 EC down and 1 to go. 

- PHASE 2: 12 paclitaxel until end of September.

I try not to think about PHASE 3 (radiation), PHASE 4 (anti hormone treatment for 10 years) and PHASE 5 (yearly mammogram follow up). I don’t want to worry about the future I can’t control or influence. I focus on the right now, what can I do. 

take care

Coastal

Hi @Purpledaze it's great to know that your second cycle went well 😀 fingers crossed I'll be the same. I've definitely learnt to treat constipation early rather than end up in hospital in a sat night! Madness! I'm on a two week chemo cycle and due to having a covid test before each one I have to self isolate every other weekend this summer 😩 so I'm keen to have as many good days with friends and family I can squeeze out of each cycle x

TicTok

Sammy 73 as love running says don’t be sorry , you wouldn’t be normal if that didn’t have an emotional effect on you 🥲so sorry to here you lost your husband .

cumbrian lady thanks for sharing your journey through this and your tips 👍it gives us hope to better times .

Hope you have a good day ladies xxx

Love running

@Sammy73 

All my heart goes to you in this tough time and I send lots of hugs and love your way to make you feel that we in this forum are here for you. We got you.

You are an incredible strong woman, and I hope I can be as strong as you. Keep fighting, we will do too together.

Take care,

Cumbrian Lady

Hello Everyone

I finished my chemo on Dec 31st but I just wanted to say mine went well yes I was very tired my hair fell out, it is regrowing but I look like a badger😁 the pills they gave me an hour before I started the treatment worked a treat and I did not have one bout of sickness.
The time did pass quickly, sometimes depending on who was next to me I chatted, other times I watched the TV or just watched the incredible nurses going about their business, they also come to keep checking you are OK so I was well taken care of. Some had their phone, texting away, some slept, everyone had their own way of passing the time.
If I was there for a lunch treatment I got a lovely butty, tea or coffee, bag of crisps and yogurt - which was lovely especially as living alone and doing all my own meals I felt very pampered lying on the bed/couch food being unwrapped and placed in front of me.
I realise that not everyone is as lucky as me with the lack of side effects but it does prove how the treatment varies from person to person. The first week I was waking up at 4.am and making a cheese and piccalilli sandwich if not for the fact I am 64 I would have been worried😁 and the fact I live alone.

I was worried leading up to my first session but the nurses put me so at ease
Make sure you drink lots of fluid (water is best) sleep if feeling tired it really is the best cure, cut your nails back my fingernails did not go black as told they might, but my toenails did drop off. I made sure I kept myself well moisturised, this will also help if you are scheduled for radiotherapy later on. Eat what you fancy a little often is better than one huge meal, but again I did not lose my appetite at all.
I think we all eventually find what works for us, but stacks of people on here who will offer help.
I stayed off the internet in so much as,  I did not go searching for the bad stuff, I just took what I needed in order to help me through it all.
I had lots of fun buying hats (no wigs) just jazzy hats.

I wish everyone lots of luck you can and will do it.

Poppy xx

Purpledaze

Oh @Sammy73 that's not emotionally ridiculous at all. That's *bleeping* hard! It must have been rough to have it all brought back like that. Big hugs coming your way and hoping that you will soon be lifted again by the incredible strength that is clearly within you x

Sammy73

Omg you are amazing!! Replying to everyone. Thank you so so much x @Purpledaze 

I had my picc line put in today, i have been so ok and today i flunked big time!! Sadly i lost my husband 4 years ago through bowel cancer stage 4!! 15 months of chemo and obvs it was just pro longing his painful life! 

Not like us ladies at all. But picc lines have a not great memory for me he had a port fitted too and i just was the warrior making everything happen!!

Really bought stuff back today. Sorry. Just felt the worst i have so far really emotionally ridiculous!! 

It would be great to all have tea on wasap or something oneday. I feel i can share with you all. Oh and my **bleep** hair is proper falling out!!! 

TicTok

Coastal ...sorry you have had a blip 😞sounds like you are back on track now 👍.... I’m the same with my hair! Back of my head is saying if you can’t dry or style it or straighten it what’s the point keeping it 🤔ummm ..... love to all you ladies xx

Purpledaze

Hi everyone,

Hope things are going ok for you all. I've been busy with work and enjoying some a visit from my family for the first time in nearly a year, which was just wonderful. So nice to have conversations in 'real' time!

@Love running how exciting that your balcony garden is taking off so well. I was happy this week to be able to eat lettuce from our mini vegetable patch. It felt like a big achievement and it tasted good! 😊 Now to wait and see if we can get some peas.

It certainly helps to have the distraction of plants / the garden. Just looking out at the trees is soothing when the days are not going so well.

I'm glad things have been easier for you this cycle.  I also found cycle 2 better than the first. Maybe just knowing a bit more what to expect is helpful.

I love the idea of a virgin mojito - a good idea for the weekend 🍹

Welcome @Sammy73 how lovely to hear that you have been enjoying your good days. I'm also a walker -love getting out with my 2 dogs when I feel up to it.

@Coastal I also get the ache in my bones - for me it comes on mostly the last 2 days of the bone marrow injections.  So far I've been able to keep it to a bearable level with general painkillers, a hot pad, and lots of walking around.  

I've continued working through my treatment so far - I take time off when I feel unwell, and when I feel better I work. I'm able to work from home so that makes it so much easier. I wouldn't be working if I still had to go into my work place. I choose to work because I appreciate the distraction it provides me, but I'm also going to take some time off when I have good days so I can do some fun things and treat myself.

@TicTok oooo Jaffa cakes! I love them and for some reason had forgotten this key information (chemo brain?).  Already on the shopping list 👍 I hope your acheyness has gone away and that you're feeling ok. 

@Linds7oaks I think today was the start of your cycle 4?  I've got fingers and toes crossed for you that this round will be kinder and smoother for you.  You are one round closer to the end and you are doing amazingly.  Sending you hugs and strength 🤗

@Karden how lovely that you were able to get out and see friends and your anniversary celebration sounded great.  I've also started planning to see friends and family more - @Bex27 my consultant told me to use my 'common sense' when deciding to meet people etc. So I figure as long as I'm sensible and don't plan to go to any raves 😂 I should be ok!  It just makes such a difference to my mood to know that I've got something nice planned - just meeting up with a friend or two in the garden/park has really helped lift my spirits. Oh and I also treat myself to a pair of funky leggings for each round of chemo 🤣

I've got my 3rd round of EC next week -  I know the feeling of dread will start to creep in the closer i get, but for now I'm firmly focusing on enjoying my days without pills and needles, enjoying the warmer weather and keeping my mind and body 'distractive'

Take care everyone x

Coastal

Hi lovely group
Hope everyone's ok. I've had another blip and been laid low on my second week first with the aches from the injections then oral thrush. Finally feel ok today yay! Actually saw my oldest friend today also for the first time in 6 months which was so brilliant. You are totally right saying we need good normal things to look forward to!

Thanks so much for your ideas re work that really made me think about whether I want to use my few precious days when I feel ok at work.

@Love running I love the picture!!! You are inspiring me with your running, I actually jogged a bit down to meet my daughter today, it felt really good 👍
@Linds7oaks it sounds really tough, take care of yourself, I really feel for you ❤️
@Bex27 so glad all has gone well, you made me laugh with the 4 krispy kremes!  I've bought difflam mouth wash for my mouth suggested by the chemo nurses and it seems to numb the tongue, really relieved my mouth!
@TicTok my hair is still hanging on in there but looking terrible as I'm worried about washing or touching it too much
@noodledoodle  I was surprised how good my wig looks!
Take care everyone and lots of love ❤️😘xxx

TicTok

Noodledoodle.... what could go wrong 😁....I will give it a go and thanks for the info xx

noodledoodle

@Bex27 @I have found fruit ice lollies to be good for keeping mouth ulcers at bay and also chewing sugar free gum keeps the saliva flowing. Think you will be able to be prescribed mouth wash if they are a problem

noodledoodle

@TicTok  yes you can do with iPad, just need to have the zoom app installed, then you should just be able to join via a link they will send you via email. This will be easy if you have your email and zoom app on iPad. 
good luck!

Love running

Good morning @Linds7oaks,

I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I wish I could hug you and take some of your pain of your shoulders. I wish I could share some of my energy with you to make you feel better, as I feel blessed today to have gone through Round 3 better than expected.

What we are going through is hard, hard for the body and for the mind, hard for our future, hard on our families, but we will go through it. We will cross on the other side, the side of beating it. So keep on fighting, you are stronger than you think. We all are!!!!

You say today you are feeling better, so treat yourself with something nice, something that makes you happy (meeting or calling friends, going out, painting your nails anything...) to forget about tomorrow. Is tomorrow round 4 the last EC?

Today, I will meet 4 of my colleagues that I have not met in months due to Covid-19. Two of them don’t know yet why I am on sick leave - they believe I am on burn out due my stressful job.  I wanted to meet them because I needed some normality back in my life and also prepare my team for when I go back to work. I know that I will need them to support me and understand what I went through. Also they are very nice people which I miss a lot. 

I send you lots of positive vibes and virtual hugs. 

TicTok

Linds7oaks so sorry you haven’t been to good ..... I hope your meds work and wish you luck for today xx
Bex 27 I find gently sucking on an ice pole /lolly really helps with the mouth , I haven’t has ulcers but it it does numb any pain .... worth a try .

loverunning ... love the the picture ❤️

Love to all and xx

Linds7oaks

Hi Love Running and everyone,

Thanks for asking. Things haven’t been good with me. I just didn’t recover emotionally from my 3rd cycle and have been depressed and very anxious. It has been really tough. I wake up really early which is torture. My GP has been really supportive and I am now on various anti anxiety medications. Today is the first day I have felt better. I just hope it continues......Round 4 starts tomorrow 😬

I am glad that you all generally seem to be doing well. I am dreading this cycle as the previous 3 have been so tough but they have reduced my dose again so you never know, I have to be hopeful.

Best of luck to you all 

Lindsay

Bex27

@Coastal Thank you! Chemo itself went fine - I could bear the cold cap for 4.5 hours and I wasn't feeling too bad. The side effects have been okay so far. Some mild constipation, some insane sugar cravings from the steroids (4 krispy kreme doughnuts in one go!?!?) and general exhaustion. But I'm feeling good today! Hoping to go out and enjoy some of this amazing weather we're having finally.

Is anyone else dealing with mouth ulcers at the minute? I feel my mouth is on the brink of full on collapse and I'm trying to do all the necessary things to avoid it (brushing my teeth, constant salt water gargle, lots of water) but if anyone has any other tips I'd love to hear them! 

It sounds like everyone is doing well right now! That's so encouraging! I haven't done much socialising but I'm hoping it's not too crazy of an idea to spend a few days with a few friends at a beach house next week. My oncologist didn't seem thrilled by the idea but didn't say 'No'. I'm quite nervous about infection but I have been really careful and will continue to be, so I may give it a go. Let me know if any of you has an opinion!

@Love running I'll help you with those virgin mojitos!! 😂

@Coastal If you can take the time off work, I'd do it. I was pretty convinced I was going to work through chemo as well but my partner talked me out of it. This is such a difficult time, not only physically but mentally and emotionally, and when you have good days you should use them for something that makes you happy (unless work makes you that happy!). Just make sure you're listening to your body and taking as much time as you can! 

xx

Love running

@Sammy73 Welcome to the group.

thank you for the advice on sugar. I agree less processed sugar is good - not only for cancer but overall for our general health.

Some natural sugar is good though as our body especially our healthy muscle, brain cells need some sugar to function properly. 

I listened to a very interesting seminar about cancer and nutrition. There is not much strong evidence for a correlation between many of the food items and breast cancer. Soja in processed food have some - and many be too much meat.  But they are probable cause snd correlation. Not strong. 

The most important the clinical researcher pointed out was that many cancer patients suffer from denutrition, loss of weight and muscle mass. 

So ladies we need to be kind to ourselves to keep our body strong. 

have a good day

Love running

8FAF2406-F23E-4FEE-A2EE-B9FEEBB6BD99.jpeg

I saw this quote on my Facebook feed today and I borrowed it. I think this summarise well this group.

I hope you all have a good day. 

TicTok

Noodle doodle thanks for the workshop site can you do this with just an I pad though as I haven’t got a lap top and not very good with technology 😳

sammy73 thanks for the sugar tips and advise 

love running so glad you are feeling much better now .......take care all and have a lovely day xx

noodledoodle

@Coastal 

I too was shocked at how good my wig looked. Would never have thought I would wear a wig confidently but always have it on when going out, more often than not. 
I would take time off work whilst chemo is ongoing. You do want to pick anything up, unless you can do a bit of work from home? You need the time to look after yourself for a change. It’s a tough thing we are all going through and I think work should take a back seat for a short while. They will cope. 
Good luck xx

noodledoodle

@TicTok 

The link to book the workshops is here

https://lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/workshops/

i found it really good and some very useful tips. Like @Love running  I didn’t recognise myself and now make much more of an effort if I am going out. 
welcome @Sammy73  nice to see you on our little group and thanks for the tips!

I am on day 2 of my second EC cycle. Feel more normal this morning and slept well but was wiped out yesterday afternoon. Nausea managed better with a jiggle of the anti sickness meds. 
Hope you are all keeping as well as can be expected and I agree, roll on September!

xx