cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: March 2020 Chemo Starters

Hi Jowels 

So glad you are happy at home at last. Yay pizza. Enjoy. 
it’s good you can self isolate but it’s wierd. Still v lucky hubby can stay home and self isolate with me. 
I will be doing something like tamoxifen too after I finish with the chemo. But there’s a big difference. I’m already menopausal. So sorry you are going to get pushed into it so early. it’s  tough. 
Let’s hope no one’s treatment is delayed. 

Take care. 😘 

Highlighted

I’m on weekly paclitaxol for 12 weeks and herceptin every 3 weeks for 12 cycles. 
I had a lot of DCIS after they removed the tumours and they found some were herceptin receptive. They only treat for herceptin receptive tumours with chemo apparently. 
How about you?

Highlighted

It looks great. Enjoy. 😘 

Highlighted

That looks lovely! Looks the same as mine but a different colour. You look really well 😊 Helen

Highlighted

5AEC13AC-4DD6-4941-BBE9-A739CA91AC56.jpeg

 wig arrived!! Quite pleased with it 😉😘

Highlighted

Hi salsa 

thank you lovely.I am so pleased to say I’m now home with my hubby and beautiful son.It feels so good ❤️
We are now completely isolating so other than my hubby dropping me at hospital for bloods and chemo.

im not rocking Sinead yet but I’ve cut my hair into a pixie and my head is so sensitive and itchy.Suspect it won’t be long.Not sure how I’ll be when it’s all gone but I’m as prepared as I can be.

So I got diagnosed 6th Dec after being told I had a cyst and getting it drained for weeks.Then surgery 14th jan.My plan is 6 cycles of FEC then a month off then 4 weeks radiotherapy then Tamixofen where I’m told I’ll go into menopause.
My Oncologist has said she will keep my chemo to time as long as she can so I’m just hoping I can get it done by July.Hope this happens for all of us.I know we are all at different trusts but you have to have hope don’t you.

im going to try a little pizza tonight for my celebration tea back home.

Tommorow we do some planning for our sons schooling.We have a plan me to do what I can before cycle 2 then hubby take over until I’m well again.Like a tag team.Im very lucky to have such an amazing husband ❤️
Thanks for your kind wishes

sending you hugs 💜

Highlighted

Salsa...what treatment are you on if you don’t mind me asking? 

Highlighted

Hi wildspur. 
thank you for your message. Also loving the wig. Very chic. 
it does sound like things are really hectic for you. It’s all so crazy. 
I too am self isolating and my 20 year old so has moved in with his girl friends family for the moment as he’s still working and he doesn’t want to infect me. At least college has closed. So it’s really quiet here. Just me and hubby. Not too many gritted teeth moments so far so all good really. 
sorry your hair is falling out, especially after going through all the agony of it in the first place. Wig looks great but I know it must still be so tough. It’s a very emotional thing. 
sending lots of love and hoping your next treatment goes well and you feel okay afterwards. Take care 😘 😘 😘 

Hi Jowels. 
thanks fir your lovely message yesterday. Sorry I missed it. 
I’m glad you are eating a little better and hope you are settling in again at home. And being looked after. It must be so hard with a little one. 
the whole C-19 thing is worrying. I don’t want treatment delayed but frankly I am expecting some sort of hiatus. I do hope it doesn’t happen to you. How long is your treatment plan for?  November feels like a long time ago. I first found a problem in November then everything was turned upside down. 
So are you already another Sinead?  Must be so hard to face it. Sending hugs and love and hope things start going more smoothly for you soon. 
😘 😘 😘 

Highlighted

Hi Juliana

Sorry you were so sick after during cold cap. You’ll be another rocking Sinead then or wigging it. Glad you can eat too and I do hope your symptoms don’t worsen. I have my fingers crossed 🤞 for you. There is just so much to take. Sending hugs 🤗 😘 😘 

Highlighted

Hi Shefgirl. Go girl with the sinead O’Connor look. Hope your 17 year old checks her out. 
So sorry no visitors. That must be tough. I am sure you’d really love a bit more time with your loved ones right now. Glad you are eating, even if it is white carbs. I normally hate them but am finding soft white bread much more appealing these days. And I’m eating jelly cubes. What’s happening. 
I am persevering with the cold cap for the moment. Just done 2nd cycle and it’s worth it so far but I know it’s early days. Just fingers crossed 🤞 

sending love and hope you are well enough to go home soon. 😘 😘 XX 

Highlighted

Oh my lovelies. Thank you so much for all the lovely messages and wishing me a happy anniversary. It was good. Hubby and I are self isolating together so we cooked ourselves a slap up lunch. I ate really well. Managed half of it but cannot drink wine 😭

I can’t believe the hell you are going through and you are being so brave. I know there is no choice but you all post such supportive messages. 
I’m feeling amazingly lucky as am on a low dose. So weekly cycles and the side effects haven’t been as severe. A bit rubbish and tired. A sore mouth and a bit of constipation but really v lucky. 
I sm sending all my love to all of you and hope nothing interferes with your treatment and may all your side effects be little ones. 😘 😘 😘 

Highlighted

Wildspur, love love love the wig 😀, mine is arriving today and post a photo. 

it’s day 2 for the injection and no bone/muscle pain yet - is it too much hopeful thinking it won’t come for me? 😉 

so far my main side effect is the nausea and dry mouth but I just realised I might be constipated.... sending husband to chemist for some meds 😉 and eating prunes!!!
keep safe everyone! 😘  

Highlighted

Morning everyone 

wilsapur love the wig 💕

Know totally what you mean re children at home.My husband and I decided to take our son out on Tuesday and he has been working from home and having meetings on video call with a 5 year old running into the room dressed up singing!his work will have to get used to it!!My husband did say it has been a challenge.
i have made the descion to go home today as think it may be a bit much me staying for any longer.My mam used to her own space and how she lives if you get my meaning.

my sons cold has gone now too so that’s great.

I totally agree with you wildspur about trying to self isolate but having to go into hospital for bloods and chemo.

i asked my consultant if covid 19 would change my chemo regime but she said she is going zero face to face so she can keep well and will press on with the cycles.I do know sadly in other areas this isn’t the case.As I’f we want to prolong this any longer than necessary.

The injections we are taking about stimulate bone marrow to boost red blood cells ,giving you more protection from neutropenia and hopefully get through the 7-10 days when we at lowest.

I agree with you re mouth -I’m on high dose fluconazole and it is helping but still sore and bruising softly regularly and using gel care think it’s called.It tastes rank but it does soothe the mouth.

I wonder if the next few cycles will go quick with how busy we will be at home.I really hope so as I would love to feel somewhere near human soon.
The whole process is so long from diagnosis to end of treatment isn’t it.For me it started in November!

anyway hope everyone is ok and managing best way we can ❤️
lots of hugs,keep safe xx

Highlighted

Wiggy wig wig.Wiggy wig wig.

Highlighted

Hi ladies. You have been busy! Sorry I haven't been in touch. My husband has been working from home, and we took our 6 year old out of school on Tuesday so it has been a hectic few days trying to adapt to a 'new normal'! Oh my its going to be hard (hell)!!!

I am so sorry you have been so poorly Jowels. Not what you want adding to the mix with everything that is going on with Chemo and Coronavirus. It is good that you are out and being looked after by your mum. And better to be safe than sorry by staying away from as many people as possible!

I will be self isolating as much as I can for 12 weeks - not sure how that works going to a germ ridden hospital for treatment! Going tomorrow for my PICC dressing change etc, then chemo #2 next Tuesday 24th. I wonder if they will start postponing treatment.

Ange - how did round two go? It is a strange feeling losing your hair - my pubes started going first though! I had the cold cap and I am on day 17 now - head hair falling out left right and centre. Not sure I will continue with the cold cap on my second treatment. It adds two hours to the chemo and I don't fancy sitting for 3 hours on my own. Also I don't think I will be seeing anyone for the next 3 months!!! Perfect time to have no hair.

Sally - Happy anniversary! What is your cycle - 2 week or 3 week? I hope you recover quickly from this cycle.

Juliana - I think we will be all embracing the bald look shortly! I went for a wig consultation last week and came home with a lovely bobbed number. I will put a photo on later 🙂 Hope you are feeling better. I thought the side effects of chemo would be **bleep**. But not this **bleep**! There is all sorts going on with me. Sore eyes, sore throat and mouth, constipation...the list goes on. I hope you are coping at home with the kids. How old are they? I am not sure if I can cope with trying to entertain / educate a six year old, whilst trying to do a bit of work / having treatment etc. I am going to have to have a whole different mindset going forward.

What is the injection for that a few of you are having? It hasn't been mentioned to me at all?!! Should I be having it?!

Stay strong and safe these coming weeks. It is so surreal and strange. I am usually quite a positive person, but I have an underlying anxiety regarding the virus - will I catch it, what will happen if I do, I don't want to die! Those sort of thoughts! Arrrrgghhhhh!

Highlighted

Salsa -happy wedding anniversary today I think you said 💜❤️
hope you have been able to enjoy ❤️And you feeling ok xx

Highlighted

Hi lovelies

Juliana thank you.

sorry to hear about the cold cap.we can all be Sineads together!  Least you give it a try too.
I couldn’t think of anything worse more sickness. I’m hoping for my next cycle to have new meds and avoid the vomiting and rectching for 2-3 days.

i thought for next cycle when I come home I’m going straight for a nap.I didn’t last time and had zero sleep for 3 days.not an ideal start.

ive just ordered a sleep cap from beanies uk for bed looks super soft and cosy.

dont know about you all but I feel the cold in general and that’s before the hair has gone!

sending hugs 💕

Highlighted

hi everyone 

Shefgirl thank you,yeah the soup went down well.Its so wierd how things taste guess not helped by thrush.Im very conscious I’ve eaten so little since my surgery really that I know I need to increase my calories.Trying little and often with high cal stuff.

with the injections I did it before bed and took paracetamol and it did help.

thats great you had your cycle 2 and first attempt at cannulation.Not sure about you but prodding around for blood or cannula in the same arm doesn’t half feel  bloomin sore.Im like a colinder after hospital. I’ll be having the Sinead look shortly I think,scalp so itchy and tender.Have wig etc ready.Hope side effects are ok for you 💜

Highlighted

Hi Jowels, 

glad to hear that you are starting to feel better and trying to eat more 👍 

Shefgirl, the Sinead O’Conner look will also come for me 😉

cold capping will no longer be an option for me.... I felt quite dizzy and sick during treatment (despite de cold not bothering me), ended up at GP for injections and surprisingly have managed to eat meals with little taste difference (aside from courgettes, which I normally love! They were so bitter!!!)

I just don’t think it’s worth being so sick again.... it was a very hard decision as I was told I had the perfect head for the cap, small and round 😂 

have the wig coming tomorrow and just ordered some beanies, getting ready really! 
I’ve started my injections today so expect pain in joints etc, I guess that’s part of the game.... 

love to you all 😘

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

so glad to hear you are managing to eat a little more today. I also found homemade chicken noodle soup really helped. I too had leg pains from the injections and also had serious back pain on the day after the injections finished - oncologist and nurse both reassured me the pains are normal and show that the bone marrow is doing it’s job and producing all those lovely white blood cells we need to fight infection 😀 Said ok to take paracetamol as long as temp normal and hot water bottle. Think someone also recommended a hot bath with Epsom salts.

Thank you Sally for your lovely message. I had 2nd chemo yesterday and cannula in first time. Whoop! Double pair of gloves, hot water bottle and being hydrated did the trick! My hospital has banned all visitors so hubby couldn’t sit with me but chatted to the nurse instead. 

Straight back on the white carb diet and 8 glasses of water a day! 

Am now rocking a Sinead O’Conner look as hair shedding at a fair old rate (had to explain to 17 year old who Sinead is!!) How are those of you cold capping doing? Taking a photo later with hubby to see who has the best receding hairline 🤪

Feel better everyone and keep safe xx 

Highlighted

Morning lovelies 

How we all doing?

ive managed wheetabix and toast and my lovely mam is cooking some veg and lentil soup to try.Think the injections are helping despite the leg pain.

i feel a bit brighter today after emotional day -Mam kindly cut my hair into a pixie style.Hard at the time but pleased it’s done.

hope you are all ok 

sending hugs ❤️

Highlighted

Thanks Jowels 

so glad you are home but sorry you only got a leg hug. Hope you are all recovered soon so you can have a proper reunion. 
Glad you had a wheetabix but hope you can manage more than that soon. 
Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope things go well for you. 😘 

Highlighted

Hi sally 

ah it’s great being out thank you.

Only had a brief leg hug with my son as he’s full of cold and am now not seeing him or my hubby until the weekend until I’m more we’ll and out of the low point immunity wise.

hope you are doing ok.

ive managed a wheetabix today which is the first thing other than toast so hope this is the start of eating better.
sending hugs 💕💕

Highlighted

Jowels. 
so so pleased you are out of hospital. Was your little boy pleased to see you or what. 
Must have been so horrid. Hope you can stay safe at home now. 
sending masses of 💕 and 🤗 

Get well and good luck 😉 

😘 

sally

Highlighted

Hi Ange

Here’s hoping everything goes like a dream for you. So sorry you had a tough time last time but glad you are ready with all your little tricks. Must admit I’ve borrowed some of these myself. 
Addicted to peppermint tea at the moment. Never really gone for it before but apparently it helps the bowel movements and helps a bit with nausea. 
Good luck girl. Let us know how you feel when you get out on the other side. Sending love 💕 and 🤗 

Highlighted

oh Julianna so sorry you’ve felt so sick 🤢    
Do hope you start to feel better soon. Had my 2nd cycle yesterday and I do feel a lot more wiped out than last time. But I’m doing okay. Not feeling 🤮 so that’s a positive. Just trying to work out how we can self isolate as effectively as possible. 
wreteched c-19 

wedding anniversary tomorrow. Last year we celebrated 25 years in Venice. Beautiful. I’m going to hold onto that. 
sending love to all. 
😘 🤗 💕 

Highlighted

Morning lovelies 

Juliana, so sorry to hear about the sickness I was the exact same.They said they are looking at adjusting my meds for cycle 2.Im still only on water and small pieces of white toast but may try something better today.Hope you pick up soon and they can adjust your meds.

Ange -glad you feeling ok about today, sending hugs-good plan with hot water bottle too.I have good veins but had a junior doctor nearly harpooning me in hospital leaving me bruised and sore.I know what you mean about just wanting to get on with it.i am due to finish in July my birthday month so grasping on to that with my nails.My team have said that they are not cancelling any treatment at the moment so I’m hanging on to that.I know in some areas this is sadly not the case.

i slept so good in a proper bed last night now I’m out of the hospital.I wake up a lot now though to get comfy and move my aching, heavy legs but I can cope with that if there is sleep in between 😂

let’s hope for a decent day for all of us 

sending hugs 💜

Highlighted

Hi Juliana

So sorry to hear the chemo has made you sick. Hope you will start to feel better over the coming days. Can they adjust your medication for the next round? 

Thanks for your message Jowels. Feeling ok about round 2 - keen to get on with it and try and stick to my timetable with a June end date...but who knows with what is going on?! Have learnt a fair bit from round one so got my carbs and pineapple and laxatives at the ready!! What a combination 🤣🤣 Also a hot water bottle to help them find a vein this time!! 

Everyone stay safe and feel better soon. 

Ange xx 

Highlighted

Hello ladies 👋

only just managed to get the phone now to read your messages. Had the most horrendous time after first chemo - very very very sick 🤢 

ended up at GP surgery for injection of anti sickness, and I’m finally a bit better - managed few sips of water and two cream crackers 

jowels, so glad to hear that you are escaping hospital 👍, enjoy your time with your mum and you will soon see your boy. 

It is indeed scary time.... we’ve decided to not send the kids to school from tomorrow - let’s the fun begin!! 
love to you all xxx

Highlighted

Hi lovelies 

Ange 

thank you,I would have skipped out if I had any energy.Good luck for cycle 2 tomorrow how you feeling about it?

salsa thank you for you wishes,hope you doing ok.

sending hugs and hope we can all keep safe from all bugs xxx

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

So pleased you are escaping hospital! Won’t be long and you will be back with your little boy. 

Lovely that your mum can look after you for a while. 

And yes recommend trimming the hair... less traumatic when it comes out in the shower as I discovered this morning!! Pixie cuts are so in 😊🤣

Rest up and feel better soon. 

Ange xx 

Highlighted

Thank you Salsa140 💕💕

Highlighted

Oh Shefgirl. Poor you. As if you hadn’t been through enough 💩 already. 
I was going to have a pukka wig appointment but I cancelled it as I had a sore throat and didn’t think it was fair to spread anything. Turns out it was just a sore mouth and throat from side effects. 🤣🤣🤣

but who’s going to see me now anyway. I’m only going out to go to hospital and for walks and a hat will be fine for both of those. 🤪

it is rather terrifying going to hospital thinking am I going to get it here. Everyone is 👀 at each other nervously. 
I feel for you and hope all your sessions run smoothly and virus free. 
take care and sending lots of love 💕 and 🤗. 😘 

Highlighted

ok Jewels. 
poor you. No wonder you are feeling so rubbish if they are treating you for thrush. Horrid. The whole coved 19 thing is horrendous and has already caused a family row as my partner doesn’t think our 20 year old is taking things seriously enough. 🙄 
I bet you can’t wait to get out of there. Can your family visit or is that banned as part of the lockdown. So sorry for you honey 🍯 so sending ooodles of love 💕 and 🤗 

You focus on what you need to get well and strong and home 🏡 😀 

In the meantime please feel free to rant 😡🤬🤬🤬 away here. 
😘 take care 😘 

Highlighted

Hi ange 

thank you.

just seen oncology sister and had a good talk to her.

im allowed home -yippee 

to take fluconazole and paste thing for my mouth 

filgrastim injections for 3 days 

oncologist will do phone review as no clinics being held now.

i can’t go home now though as my son has a cold and I’m day 7 tomorrow so can’t chance it.

im going to stay with my mam who has very kindly got my room ready and will stay there.I miss my boys so much but it’s the sensible option.

pleased you all set for round 2 tomorrow hun.Cant believe that happened with your fringe -you are right it’s wierd the way it happens.

I’ve got folicultis and scalp so bloody itchy  and sore so I’m asking Mam to cut my hair shorter again as think this is not helping having it at bob Length.I want to know when I don’t have to shave the legs 😂

ange good luck for tomorrow-big hug

everyone else hope you doing ok 💜

I know it’s really scary with covid and I’ve seen some things whilst being in hospital that have freaked me,but all we can do is do our best to keep safe for us and our family.Ive also kept off the news as it’s just stressing me.
lots of hugs x

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

So sorry to hear that you are still in hospital and feeling rubbish! What a crap thing to happen! Really hope that you feel better in the coming days and can get home to your own bed. Are you allowed visitors? 

I am going ahead with round 2 of FEC tomorrow. Had fun getting my bloods done as the clinic has closed until further notice! Had to go to the local community hospital where everybody waiting was eyeing each other nervously...not ideal! 

In other news, lost my fringe over the weekend!! It used to come down to my eyebrows! Now I am practically having to do a comb over to cover the growing bald patch at the front! I naively assumed it would go from the crown first but oh

no ... the most visible bit! Well given I am not going anyway other than hospital visits it really isn’t an issue 😊

Keeping everything crossed that you are on the road to recovery very soon. 

Ange xx 💕💕

Highlighted

Hi everyone
sorry about being quite I’ve been feeling rubbish.Turns out now I don’t iv antibiotics and they the treating me for thrush in throat and mouth with fluconazole 400.My bloods are ok but cos of covid the place is on lockdown.I am desperate to leave the hospital as I think I have a higher chance of becoming infected.

im day 6 now so it’s a worrying time to be in hospital

im so pleased my bloods are not showing neutropenia but feeling wiped out and pretty pants.Still only having water and White bread.
How is everyone else doing?

sending hugs 🤗 x

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

Sorry to hear you’re in hospital 💖 hopefully you’ll be home soon for lots of hugs with your little boy. 
Hugs

Tracy x

Highlighted

Jowels. So sorry you are in hospital feeling rubbish and hooked up

to anti biotics. Hope you are feeling better and home again soon. The whole covid 19 is frightening. Listened to the news and feel really down. Planning camper van trips, villas in the sun and spa breaks. The research cheers me up even if nothing is ever booked. 
sending love Jowels and get better soon. 😘 

Highlighted

Tracy so sorry you had to go to A&e. All sounds v scary and worrying. Glad to hear your bloods were okay but hope the fatigue wears off and your appetite improves soon. You take care. 
😘 

Highlighted

Oh Jewels, so sorry to hear your news. Really hope you are on the road to recovery very quickly and soon back home with your family. 

Take care and let others take care of you for now. 

Ange xx 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Jowels ❤️ Sorry to hear you are having a cheeky break in casa nhs ❤️ What day in your cycle are you? Get them to check your mouth for thrush is they haven’t done so and you want fluconzole if it is, don’t be fobbed off with the drops ❤️ Keep fluids flowing. March thread time for the famous May17 neutrophils 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻To help get jowels out of casa nhs ASAP 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻Jowels what do you want everyone 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻To? 💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Thank you lovely xx

Highlighted

I’m so very sorry to hear that you are in hospital ..... sending massive hugs and wishing you a speedy recovery- you will get through this! And make up with hugs and hugs with your little boy when you are better! Keep fighting!!!!!!! 💪 😘

Highlighted

Hello everyone 

hope you are all ok.

I’m writing from hospital 😨been in a and e all and now been admitted for iv antibiotics and review by oncologist in the morning.My throat is unbelievably sore and have a huge headache.of course with the covid situation they are panicking  i have this so they have swabbed me for it.I did explain I haven’t been anywhere other than hospitals or my house so unlikely to have covid.

im not allowed to see my little boy either 💔

cancer is just the gift that keeps giving 😨

Hugs x

Highlighted

Hi Juliana, 

that must have been so stressful for you having to leave after 15 minutes because the test results weren’t back.  The fear of the chemo was worse for me than the actual session. The nurses were all lovely and very understanding. I also enjoyed chatting to others who were having chemo at the same time. But I think I needed to get through it for myself before I could say that wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. 
Wishing you all the best for tomorrow. 
Hugs,

Tracy x

Highlighted

Hi Tracy, 

I’m sorry you were in A&E but glad to hear that you were put in a private room - that’s what I told would happen but good to hear that it did happen - it’s such a worry with so much going around... 

thanks for the tip about not shaving the hair completely- I’m going to have the cold cap but got wig and beanies just in case and the lady that sold me the wig did say that best not to shave to prevent (or at least reduce) itching from the wig. 
All to come for me, first chemo tomorrow 😬, after having to leave the chemo unit on Thursday (15 minutes with the cold cap running) because the results of one test not ready yet.... xx

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

the good news is I only waited a few minutes before being called into triage when I was at A&E so at least I was in a private room for most of my stay there. Told them I was having chemo at reception. 

Can’t believe only just checked my pubes after reading some of your comments and I’ve got a bald patch. Didn’t even notice them dropping out!

My breast care nurse and also the wig consultant advised me not to shave my head once my hair starts to fall out as they’ve seen people get skin infections as a result. I had been considering it beforehand as my hairdresser offered to do it and open the shop up especially for me so it was done in private. 

Hoping to get out for a walk this afternoon too. 

Hugs to all,

Tracy x

Highlighted

Hi Everyone and Hi Tracy

so sorry to hear of your visit to a&e.That must have been very worrying for you ....glad to know that everything was ok in the end. 

My 17 year old daughter has got a cold so we are dodging each other around the house ...she is a typical teenager so spends a lot of time in her room anyway...even so will be going around the house later with anti bac wipes! Chemo 2 next week and would like it to go ahead if possible! 

Hair is falling out at a pace...may get the clippers on it later. I have to admit to it being horrifyingly fascinating seeing how it is shedding! Parts of my head feel tingling and slightly sore and not nice to wake up with hair all over the pillow....glad I sorted my wig and hats etc

Hoping to get out for a walk this afternoon.

Take care everyone and feel better soon x