cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: March 2020 Chemo Starters

Thanks Shi ❤️ hope you ok
in my area we only have access to Oncolgy nurses Monday -Friday and on call reg over the weekend.We rang one time and he said he knew very little about cancer and chemo!
my nurses Monday -Friday are amazing so that’s postive.

xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️Remember to check things with your rapid response numbers ❤️I know trusts have a lot on but they are there for you too and keep safe ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Shefgirl 

sorry to hear about the pains,hideous for sure.I spent a lot of time in Epsom baths last week as it’s the only relief I got.

hope it disappears soon 

hugs x

Highlighted

Tmmorris 

so sorry about the hair and the timing of it too.Its the pits.

im with you emotionally wise lots of crying and generally fed up.

Hopefully tomo a better day for us all 💕

Highlighted

Salsa

so sorry to hear this about your husband.I hope they can him in soon and everything crossed for him 💕

the fatigue is a total bitch isn’t it.

i feel shocking today due to heartburn which then caused me to vomit 3 times -not ideal at all given the sodden sickness I had at the beginning of the cycle.My lovely dad takes lansaprozole and I know that is what I’ll get so I’m starting that tonight.Gaviscon not touching it.An advantage of being a nurse I guess.

feel emotionally I’ve hit a wall-so tired of it all,new symptoms all the time and my bloomin head is killing. Like it’s not bad enough you lose your hair you are sore.

So sorry about the moaning lovelies.

Im doing the same re news I can’t face it anymore.Just praying we still get our chemos.

sending you all hugs ❤️

Highlighted

Hi Tracy. 
Sorry you are feeling so rough. It’s a bit of a battle. Really sad to hear you lost most of your hair on Mother’s Day. That day is emotional enough as it is without that added stress. 
I think we are all struggling with anxiety over C-19. I know I am. And we are stuck with it. We have to self isolate but equally we have to go to hospital fir treatment. Aaaaagh. 
🤯🤯🤯

So sending love 💕 and hugs 🤗 

Take care and hope you feel better soon. 😘 

Highlighted

Hi Salsa140.

Sorry to hear your hubby has had his biopsy changed to a telephone consultation. Hoping the biopsy goes ahead to put your minds at rest. 
All the best with the next round of chemo. 
It was great standing on the doorstep and applauding the NHS along with other neighbours. 
Take care

Tracy

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

sorry I haven’t posted for a little while. I had my PICC line fitted 18th March and it’s taking a little getting used to but much easier for bloods and chemo. 

Had my 2nd cycle of FEC-t on Tuesday this week and straight to bed when I got home feeling tired and queasy. Seems to have hit me faster this time. Luckily hubby is home to look after home schooling for our five year old daughter as I haven’t felt up to much this week. “Hope you feel better soon Mummy”. 

My hair started falling out of my head on Mother’s Day so not the best timing in the world. I’m wearing a beanie all the time now as I’m shedding hair all over the place. 

Feeling quite emotional with covid 19 - scary time to be going through chemotherapy. Staying indoors apart from hospital appointments and weekly visits to docs to get PICC line flushed. Hoping everything stays on track treatment wise. 

Hugs to all

Tracy

Highlighted

Hello everyone and welcome to Sheryl and Hannah

So sorry for those of you struggling with the side effects. So far fatigue has been my biggest issue and I really did feel better until about an hour ago when I retreated to me bed. But overall it is better. 
Sorry too about the hair falling. I think it’s a hard thing to face along with everything else. 
I too have stopped watching the news. I do a quick catch up online and then ignore it all. It’s just too anxiety provoking. 
Mixed emotions today. Relieved that hubby and I don’t have to isolate from each other yet but I know it’s soon. He has to go for a biopsy on his prostrate. We were expecting it on Monday when I go in for my next round. But he’s called the hospital and they want to do an appointment over the phone. So definitely no biopsy yet. We want it soon so we can rule out cancer for him. Be a right bugger if we both have it. I’ll be too fecking tired to look after him like he’s looked after me. 😭🤣😭🤣
Hopefully he’ll be fine. Another thing to worry about. 
Really heartening to see the applause for the nhs. 👏👏👏👏👏👏

I like some of the practical things. Like free parking. Should get that all the time. 
thank you so much for your lovely messages. This forum keeps me sane. Sending masses of love to all you lovelies. 😘 🤗 😘 

Highlighted

Hey Shefgirl 🌸

So nice to hear from you! I have 3 days worth of steriods so will be glad when they’re done. The indigestion they said I could use gavisgon or rennies to calm it and it’s working so far, if not then they will prescribe an anti acid tablet. 

I’ve just installed a drinking app on my phone to make sure I’m doing the fluids. Thanks for the heads up on the injections, I’ve got another 6 to go! 

As for the Disney+ I’m loving the outfits lol!! Go Shefgirl 🤸🏼‍♀️ (Sorry closest emoji to a cheerleader lol) 

Happy sunshine day 🌝🌻🌼🌸🌺

Highlighted

Hi Sheryl and welcome to the group

I too have had the hot face flushes after taking the steroids. How many days have they given you?

Really recommend drinking lots of fluids...helps with the headaches and overall wellness.

I finished the injections yesterday and woke up at 4.30 am with back and leg pain.  Experienced this the last time I finished the injections so paracetamol and a hot water bottle got be back to sleep for a couple of hours.  I know it means that they are doing their job but it is pretty painful.

Also subscribed to the Disney channel so my girls (now 19 and 17) can watch the new High School Musical series as they grow up with the original.  Still have their cheer leading outfits and pom poms some where! 

Enjoy the sunshine today everyone and stay safe xx

Highlighted

Good morning Jowels, Jill and all other members of this thread, how are we all this morning? Thank you so much for replying to my post, it makes such a massive difference and offers so much comfort to know someone is there. 

What amazing people you are in the nhs and even though you can’t be there, rest assured your certainly helping here. I’m a teacher and wishing I was able to offer more help to my colleagues right now caring for the children they are looking after. 

I will phone oncology today about the steroids, just feel bad about disturbing them at such a manic time. Today’s side effect is peeling skin! Interesting lol! 

Take care everyone, today I’m learning to knit to stay sane inbetween home schooling my two boys lol! Joe Wicks workout is done, next french followed by expanding algebraic expressions omg!! Before listening to the David Walliams story session on his website at 11am. 
Thank you again for listening and caring, love chuck ♥️

Highlighted

Hi Cheryl and welcome to our lovely group.Sorry to hear about the flushing,I haven’t experienced this,but what about asking your oncology unit?The heartburn is something that I suffer with and it is awful on top of nausea and generally feeling rubbish.

in terms of emotions,I know what you mean.Particularly anxious around whether chemo will still continue in light of the significant pressure from covid 19.

we also did the applause for nhs and all of colleagues and friends.I also am a senior nurse so my team doing an amazing team like so many others on the frontline.I am so proud of them and can’t wait to be back with them.

Good luck with your injections and sure it will get easier.They really do help our body after chemo so it is worth it.

Hope you are managing best way you can and sending hugs 💕

Highlighted
Community Champion

Welcome to the forum Chuck - I'm sure you will get lots of support from the ladies on this thread .Good luck with your treatment x 

Highlighted

Hello everyone, my name is Sheryl,

This is my first post so I apologise if i have done anything wrong as in posting it to the wrong place 😕.

I have had my first round of FEC-T chemo yesterday, which apart from feeling like your stepping outside in to a virus battle zone, wasn't that bad. The nurses were incredible and because there were so few people having their treatment it was almost like I imagine private treatment to be. I've just stepped outside to do the sign of appreciation for all the nhs staff at 8pm tonight which was incredible and so emotional.🚑

Today, I have been experiencing headaches and flushed face/ indigestion from my what I think is my steroid tablets DEXAMETHASONE, has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't happen until an hour after I've taken them but it feels like prickly heat. I wanted to take paracetamol for my headache but was worried to as it would mask any temperature issues. The 8 days of injections are interesting to do for someone with a needle phobia, I felt so embarrassed that I had to phone the nurse to tell me how to get the cap off the needle before I stabbed myself in the hand! Luckily, there was a calypo ice lolly left at the back of the freezer to provide some numbness to my skin before I did it lol! Only one problem, my son has now found it and eaten it in the garden, so reckon I may need to use a frozen fish finger tomorrow!

I actually feel like i'm in the Inside out movie with emotions at the minute, thank god for the Disney+ launch today, is anyone else feeling this way?

Chuck_5-1585255299387.jpeg

To all of you who are going through this experience I just want to thank you for posting, as it has really helped to read about other peoples experiences before I even began my treatment. Take care and stay safe

Chuck_4-1585255037978.png

Highlighted

Hi Ange 

sorry to hear about your hair,not sure if this happened to you but my scalp is so sore.I suspect more hair be gone in next couple of days,I have some beanie scarfs and my wig ready.

oh I forgot about the Gareth Malone thing I’ll try tomorrow thanks.

home schooling is knackering but I’m journaling and doing yoga every day now -20 mins which I’m really loving.I used to do it and then I guess never seemed to have the time.Now I can’t run I can put all my energy into yoga and perfecting the poses.I have a lot of work to do ha!

ive been baking with my son which has been lovely ♥️
doing a family zoom call to my parents and my sis and niece -we do it after our sons school work done at 4pm.Been enjoying that hearing and seeing them 💕

we have been thinking of all the lovely things we will do once I’m well and able to leave the house 🏠.

one day at a time lovelies 💕xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Hannah and welcome 

Look forward to chatting with you over the coming weeks.  I too am on the fecking FEC and Taxol regime of 6 treatments.  Had round 2 of FEC last week.

How is everyone doing today?  Hope you are feeling a little less fatigued Salsa?

Thankfully my energy levels have risen again and I am eating a more normal diet and enjoying food again.  My main preoccupation at the minute is feeding my family of 4!!  I have a Tesco delivery next Tuesday (which I had to book 3 weeks ago) and today managed to order some veg via a local farm shop.  I am just not used to having all at home eating 3 meals a day and the food supplies are rapidly diminishing. I have no family locally so relying on delivery or the kindness of friends if we get really stuck!

Thank goodness for the sunshine and being able to sit outside as this confinement to barracks would be very hard otherwise.

One positive -  there is no one to see my ever encroaching baldness.  Wearing a scarf around the house full time now and have been actively cutting what remains as the shedding is incessant and I really don't want clumps of hair in my dinner.  I need to watch some Youtube tutorials to see how to do some pretty headwear with scarves etc

For those of you who enjoy singing fully recommend the Gareth Malone Great British Choir which is live on YouTube at 5.30 every day.  Just half an hour and good fun! 

What is everyone else doing to pass time?

Love to all - keep safe and well

Ange xx

And I will be applauding all NHS staff and key workers tonight at 8pm xx

Highlighted

Hannah totally know what you mean.I just don’t watch the news much now as I can just feel the anxiety rising.Im kept pretty busy as we have a beautiful 5 year old son and want to keep positive for him ❤️

I am having 6 cycles of Fecking FEC as we call it, however I’m being told for cycle 2 it’s going to be just EC no clue why so I’ll be quizzing Oncolgist on phone next week before my chemo.

The side effects for me have been horrific so far.On my good week now so eating a lot better but still completely wiped out.

im really hoping we all get to still have all our chemo to time as much as possible.Its so hard for our medical teams making such hard choices but this nightmare is bad enough without extending it.

Hope you can enjoy making your cakes when you are up to it and you able to video call your friends to keep in touch.My girls have been such a great support through all this.

We certainly all  help keep each other positive on here and it really helps to know we in it together 💕

Some days we talk more,some less depends on how things are going.

xx

Highlighted

Hi Jowels - nice to meet you too!

I must start sending my team regular messages! What a lovely idea! It is so nice to know that someone else understands the predicament I feel about not being able to help my ward team. I am usually the one that takes a home baked cake in every week so I am hoping to exchange cakes for my food drop offs by friends soon and that will hopefully give me some more routine. 

i am currently having Docetaxel, I have three more cycles of that before I change to a different chemo.

I was fine until Sunday and that’s when the side effects first started showing themselves. The bowel urgency is my most distressing symptom so far. Feeling clammy and stomach cramps haven’t been great. 

my main anxiety hasn’t been about the chemo so far, but the Covid-19 situation. Like I am sure it is for many people.  I was watching the news three times a day and that was making it worse so I didn’t watch any news yesterday and that helped!

will be so nice to support each other on this forum 💕

Highlighted

Welcome Hannah 

nice to meet you 💐

I completely understand how you feel about this horrendous situation we are in.I also work for the NHS and the team I manage are working so hard helping as many patients as they can. I also would love to be well enough to be helping in this unpredictable and unprecedented time.But right now I’m not so sure I’d be much use ha ha!

i send my team regular messages to let them know I’m behind them and thinking of them.

How have you found your chemo so far?

Can I ask what you are having?

the fatigue is something else isn’t it.We all suffer with different things at each time it appears.All of it is rotten though let’s face it!

we are all here for each other ♥️

Highlighted

Hello everyone,

I have joined this forum to have a chat to everyone here! I started my chemotherapy journey one week ago today on 19th March. I am 30 years old and normally work for the NHS but currently in isolation, living on my own, which is a really struggle.  my side effects so far have been fatigue and bowel urgency!  I was not expecting the bowel urgency at all so thankful I am near a toilet for most of the day - sorry if that is TMI. 

I am currently having to deal with my internal guilt that I cannot help my NHS colleagues at these challenging times. I had a few tears this morning about my journey, people who are currently living with cancer’s journey and what the world is going through. 

i am so pleased there are forums likes this where we can support one another. 

H x

Highlighted

Hi ladies

salsa thank you ❤️Definitely challenging times.But also lots of laughs and I’m making most of what I can do before next cycle.When are you back to get bloods done again?
so with you on the fatigue,it’s really quite overwhelming isn’t it.

i guess it doesn’t help we have the added anxiety of covid on top of it all.So no wonder we are shattered!

my head is much more sore today and seeing more hairs around the house,so guess it won’t be long before more coming out.My lovely husband has ordered clippers to buzz it off when the time comes bless him.

Anyway hope we are all managing best we can 

lots of love ❤️

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

Well done on the cosmic yoga 👏👏👏👏👏

Home schooling whilst coping with chemo side effects sounds challenging but I hope there are some laughs too 😆

Good luck with your virtual appointment with your oncologist next week. I hope you get the answers you need. 😘 😘 😘 

Highlighted

Hi shefgirl

i am so with you on the fatigue. I did feel better this morning but am fading again. 

It’s a tough one. I did sit in the garden for a bit yesterday which was lovely but I just lying up most of the time. I am supposed to rest to get my white blood count up I think but at the same time it’s good to exercise whilst on chemo. So I’m confused. So I’m just doing what I feel like. At the moment that doesn’t include exercise.

I do hope you feel better. Enjoy the dance round your daughter.

You take care. Xx xx 

Highlighted

Hi everyone 

how we all doing?

day 3 of home schooling going well,although I’m shattered ha ha.

i have however re started yoga again which I have really enjoyed.I did Cosmic kids yoga with my son then 20 mins on my own.My plan is to do this every day when i can and try and build my strength up after surgery and this gruelling treatment.

my oncologist is ringing me next Wednesday to explain why I’m now having Ec and not FEC.Then all being well I’m going in for cycle 2 the following day.

hope everyone ok and managing best way we can.

lots of hugs ❤️💐

Highlighted

Hi everyone

Sounds like we are all finding things a bit tough at the moment.

I am day 6 after 2nd chemo and have been suffering with fatigue the last couple.  Found a bit more energy today to get outside and do a tiny bit in the garden.  I really do need to keep doing something for body and soul!

My hubby had to drive up to Leeds last night to "rescue" our daughter from university!  She had been staying up there on her own so as not to bring any bugs home but we felt after the latest govt announcement that we should pick her up!  She did return home with a load of loo rolls and some pasta 😅(and a load of dirty washing) but I am happy she is home now.  We are dancing around the house avoiding each other as she stays away from me until we know for sure she has no illness! I have mine own kitchen times! 

Other than that not much to report....slowly coming off the white carb diet and back to normal eating. Need to do a serious stock take tomorrow though as we seem to have a lot of tinned tomatoes but not a lot else!!  

Take care everyone and keep in touch xx

Highlighted

Hello everyone. 
Hope today is a better day for all of you. 
Been feeling so so tired today so stuck to the sofa apart from afternoon nap. Did briefly sit in the garden with the sun on my face. Lovely. 
Hi Jowels  - good luck getting more info. I really do hope you start to get more feedback on things. So frustrating waiting for info. Especially in these anxious times. 
Hi Wildspur - hope your chemo went well today. I haven’t had anything from the NHS yet either. I’m expecting it any day but who knows. All the stuff that relates to vulnerable groups certainly applies to us. 
Juliana - so sorry you’ve been having such a tough time and hope things improve soon. It is a nightmare. These are scary times for all of us. It is out of our hands so it’s not surprising you feel hopeless. However, I do hope things start picking up soon for you and all of us. 

BTW when I went in on Monday they told me they plan to send some nhs patients to private chemo facilities to free up nhs space so I don’t think there’s any plan to stop chemo treatment. 

Take care all of you. Back to the sofa for me. 😘 😘 

Highlighted

Morning all

worrying times of us.We spoke to Oncology and where possible my chemo is to go ahead.I know each trust will have their own plan so fingers crossed for us all

sending hugs x

Highlighted

Hi Drida

This is my worry too. All very confusing! My husband says we have to stay at home and only go out for hospital appointments. I have chemo #2 today so I will let you know what they say! 

Highlighted

Good evening ladies

i have my chemotherapy booked on 03/04 and I received the text message from NHS to be isolated for 12 weeks. I am worry that this applied that I won’t be able to do chemotherapy for this period. What are your thoughts?

Highlighted

Juliana 

so sorry you feeling so rubbish I can totally relate.We are all with you.

its certainly like a nightmare I feel the exact same.

Hope you pick up soon 

sending hugs 😘😘😘x

Highlighted

Hello lovelies 💓

sorry I’ve not been around much over this weekend- felt really really rubbish and to the acute chemo phone line few times as caught a cold (or Coronavirus, will probably never know - the rest of the family are doing well) on top of constipation becoming diarrhoea and still feeling queasy .... and it’s only first week after first chemo.... GP has been very good though, and prescribed antibiotics for prophylaxis this morning, so fingers crossed it will only improve from now on🤞

the sunny weather however did cheer me up (a bit) and I managed to spend time outdoors in the garden. I am feeling so hopeless at this time, like being in the middle of a nightmare that I cannot manage to wake up from 😞

right, I’m off now, hope my next post is a bit more cheerful 🤞😘

Highlighted

Ah hope so Wildspur

keeping my fingers crossed for you 

we could do without this uncertainty that’s for sure.

hugs x

Highlighted

That's what I am doing Jowels along with the husband and son. But just worried as (like you say) I haven't had anything to say stay at home from the NHS  - so I assume chemo will be going ahead tomorrow.

Highlighted

Mind good luck getting any correspondence with anyone now

my hubby rang our hospital 18 times and it took all day to get through.

i have fought for every piece of info from the beginning of this nightmare I can tell you.

least we all in it together lovelies xxx

Highlighted

Yes wildspur 

to be isolated at home for 12 weeks 😘

Highlighted

Quick question...are we classed as vulnerable? And has anyone had a letter/call from the NHS? Chemo #2 tomorrow and really worried! 

79AE3A0C-4993-49A0-B944-2434C5DEAC1D.png

Highlighted

Salsa so sorry to hear your count too low.Hope you can have a good rest and enjoy your garden.
how id love to have a walk now I’m in isolation,I’m only able to do circuits of our yard,better than nothing though I know.Nice to sit out too 😍

yes I’ll get to the bottom of it and let you all know

big hugs everyone xx

Highlighted

sadly my white blood cell counts are too low so no treatment this week. Bit dissappointed as I really do feel well. Well a bit tired and I might be coming down with a cold. But honestly I feel fit and well. So I’m assuming I rest up this week whilst absorbing as much sunshine in the garden as possible. I’ve really been enjoying my walks but perhaps not so far this week. I’m already eating well so I don’t know what more I can do. 
started sowing some seeds in our mini propagater so that will give me something to focus on. 
you take care all. 😘 😘 

Jowels I hope you uncover the mystery of the missing F. It always unnerves me if someone says I should have something and then they take it away. 😟

Anyway look after yourself. 😘 

Highlighted

Thank you Salsa 💕

well,the plot thickens.My hubby rang oncology to be told that my consultant has changed my treatment to EC.They are dropping Fluoroacil.He asked why and they said no I’m not there as long!I don’t understand as they are all pushes and it’s only going to reduce the time I’m there by half an hour.Also if it makes no difference why were we have it in the first place.Feel so confused.They ringing us back tomorrow apparently to ensure I have my prescriptions for after cycle 2.

has anyone else been told this?

Salsa how did it go today?💓xx

Highlighted

Morning Jowels 

You are so right that we have to let so much go as we have so little control over things. It sounds like you are doing amazingly well in very trying circumstances. Good job to get your husband to check treatment plan as you need to focus on you and feeling as well as you can everyday. We need to take each day at a time. Glad you are eating a bit. Even if it is only a little. Please take care and be kind to yourself. You are going through a really tough time. We all need to be kind to ourselves at the moment. Take care. 
😘 😘 😘 

Highlighted

Morning lovelies 

Salsa thank you 💕and good luck for round 3 today.

i got myself in a state yesterday,all got a bit much with covid and feeling just so out of control on top of feeling pants.

i managed to sleep through last night and the bone pain has eased.Im off the filgrastim now,so I’m feeling brighter.My friends are also nurses so I’m worried about them as well I guess feeling guilty I can be at work running my team and helping.Got to thinking I have to accept what’s happening and that none of us have much control over our treatment at the moment.My hubby is going to ring my nurse and see what the plan is for next week for cycle 2 as I can’t use energy up on that worrying about the plan.
we are home schooling our son so have a timetable between us,think it will be lovely on one hand but hope my brain up to it with this wierd fog from chemo argh!

How we all doing for eating?Im a bit better but still not much appreciate so little and often.I did manage a jacket pot last night so that’s something.

Hope everyone is doing ok and good luck for those of u having chemo this week.

sending hugs 💓x

Highlighted

🤣🤣🤣

But seriously Jowels I’m so sorry you are feeling so rubbish and having such a tough time. Mother’s Day is emotional for me too. After going into menopause at 39 and after years of fertility treatment we adopted. And now my gorgeous boy can’t even come round to see me. But he has contacted me so I’m feeling v lucky. 
I hope you are able to enjoy all the treats you get. Big hugs 🤗 

Highlighted

Happy Mother’s Day to all of us. Hope you are all doing ok with side effects.
Mothers day to me,as always meant so much to me as I had a very long emotional time to enable us to have our son.I wish i felt better though.The bone pain was bad last night and back pain which is a new edition -argh.Had last Filgrastim last night so I’m on sofa resting with hot water bottle and maybe some chocolate later.

salsa I know what you mean re forgetting things.I just can’t get words out or just forget entire conversations and repeating myself.Its quite frustrating trying to read and read emails or messages. It takes ages to write a post and have to keep re reading it!

Can you think what we will be like at end of cycle 6! Can’t think about that or my head my explode!

Hope everyone is managing best way we can.

keel safe everyone and hugs 💕💓

Highlighted

Happy Mother’s Day for all of those of you with lovely little darlings. 
And to those of you who support those with kids, who are loved and I hope appreciated. 
And thinking of all of you that might find today hard for any reason. 
Jowels. These are scary times do not surprising you are nervous of going for treatment and scared of catching something. I think it’s really normal to be anxious about it all. We should be as we have to take care. I too am really scared. Go back tomorrow for round 3 and I’m worried. 
I don’t know if this is chemo fog but I keep forgetting things. Like words. Where roads near me go to and conversations I’ve just had with my husband. Might be because I wasn’t listening properly 😮

but Andy says it was definitely worse the day after treatment and is improving. I think sometimes I had waves of feeling rubbish so just couldn’t think straight. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow if it’s just me loosing my marbles naturally or it’s related. 
Anyway. Have a fabulous day all and hope you are all feeling bright enough to enjoy all the sunshine ☀️ 😘 

Morning lovelies 

ange I’ll be trying the frozen pineapple idea, thank you  as this taste is just the pits-grantees worse with the thrush.I still can’t even manage a cupa-normally my tea pot always full.Energy today is not much.Afternoon tea sounds lush.I had a bit Victoria sponge last night and as I’m still only eating the white carb stuff I may make some cheese scones with my son later.

sorry about your hair ange, it’s so rubbish for us all.Good plan re sleep cap.I ordered one last week.Still got my hair at mo but I know not for long.

i don’t know about you ladies but I’m so nervous to go back into hospital for bloods  then to sit there for the fecking FEC incase I pick something up.To add to that I’m asthmatic so it’s double trouble.

ive got a mask which I’ll be wearing but still I can’t wear that the whole time.

hope everyone can enjoy anything you can today lovelies 

lots of love and keep safe x

Highlighted

Hi Shefgirl 

afternoon tea sounds fun. What a sweetheart. We all need treats. I am going through my store cupboard and working out what biscuits I can make as we have plenty of savoury food but I am craving sweet things. 
Sorry to hear about the Kojak situation. So hard. 
Yes I’m reading too. Currently switching between Hilary Mantel and audio books for when I can’t be bothered to even pick up a book. 
Went for a glorious walk this morning. It’s lovely out there. 
Hope you all enjoy the sunshine and have a great weekend. 😘 😘 

Highlighted

Hi everyone!  Loving the wig pictures - looking fabulous ladies xx

I am on day 4 of my 2nd fecking FEC cycle - one more to go and then 3 x Taxol which I hear is even worse!  Trying not to think about it too much!

Energy levels a little low although did get outside for a little bit of a garden tidy yesterday and really enjoyed getting some fresh air.  This self isolation lark is taking some adjusting too but already some good things popping up free on line including zumba, virtual choir and even a pub quiz! Thankfully, I like reading too and plenty of books I have never had the time before to start!

So the Sinead look is rapidly descending into more Kojak!! Had to explain that reference to the 17 year old too! Need a hair cap in bed at night and wearing a head scarf during the day as it looks like we have a dog in the house - constantly shedding hair. Words I though I would never hear this morning from the hubby; "Morning love, you've got a bald patch at the back!" Ah the joys of marriage!! 

That said he is venturing out in a bit to pick me up a takeaway "afternoon tea" so not all bad.  Not sure I will want the scone and cream but put that aside for when nausea abaits ...hopefully fairly soon and pretty sure a scone constitutes part of the white carb diet!! 

Interestingly for those of you having FEC, I made some frozen pineapple juice cubes which I took with me for round 2 in a thermos and started having them as soon as they injected the red poison.  May be a coincident but still no metallic taste or cotton wool mouth - so maybe worth considering?

Have a great weekend everyone - stay safe and positive!

Ange xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️ Wigs looking fabulous ❤️ just a quick one re mouths, glad to see you have fluconzole for thrush mouth, don’t know if you are gargling with difflam too, found that really helped and washed teeth and gargled after each time I ate. Sending ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Juliana 

wig looks fabulous 😘x