cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

March 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: March 2020 Chemo Starters

Chuck lovely 

so nice to read your post.You are sounding very positive ๐ŸŒผso pleased you have a new yoga mat and itโ€™s all helping ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธI swear itโ€™s keeping me sane!

hope your side effects of FEC are ok as they can be and you can enjoy what can.

yes approaching last chemo,canโ€™t quite believe it.I hope bloomin oncologist down at change her Mind as ringing me on the 20th May!

hugs โ™ฅ๏ธ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ask your rads depts about a parking ticket, Iโ€™m not sure if trusts still do it but they did, you got free parking for daily rads or had to pay ยฃ1 rather than normal parking prices, just wanted to mention so you can ask โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•โœจโœจShi xx

Highlighted

Chuck. Fabulous to hear from you. Your post made me laugh out loud ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ  The wind can be terrible  ๐Ÿคข

Iโ€™m loving the fabric bird  I will have to check out the sewing bee and Kirsty. Not caught up this year.  I could get out my sewing machine.

Love your post.  Hope this cycle goes easy on you.  Take care and look after yourself  ๐Ÿ˜˜โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒˆ

Highlighted

Hello my band of incredible women๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒป

Iโ€™m back lol ( but not in a scary โ€˜shiningโ€™ way๐Ÿคฃ) Had a bit of a moment, both mentally and physically but my head is back in order now and Iโ€™m here again ๐Ÿค—

I hope everyoneโ€™s treatment has gone well and we are coping with side effects. This morning I had session 3 of fec which Iโ€™m so happy is done now, just awaiting the rollercoaster lol ๐ŸŽข! Next i start the d one which Iโ€™m not looking forward too but hey ho, in the words of Dory๐ŸŸ โ€˜just keep swimming!โ€™

So time to catch up: 

Salsa: last time I read your post you shared your wind problem that made me proper giggle as I woke up the other night annoyed that someone was clapping outside my window until I realised it was me lol! So much so that I couldnโ€™t stop giggling which made it worse ๐Ÿคช Honestly Iโ€™m like a deflating balloon lol!! Iโ€™m not watching Grayson but I am watching the sewing bee and Kirsty, Iโ€™m now making fabric birds which I love! 

033A631A-8708-418B-8709-E6D2F222F428.jpeg

Jowels, I have got a new yoga mat!! I love it and itโ€™s helping with the joint pains greatly. Congratulation my friend on completing your chemo ๐Ÿฅณ thatโ€™s brilliant news. I read you are getting ready for radio, I will be after the 3 rounds of d, some say compared to what we have been through it takes more time to set up than do, also been recommended Udderly cream from amazon which Iโ€™m using on my mastectomy scar. Thick and works a treat! Also been on Sainsburys today and spotted a new flavour of Mint Malteserโ€™s as someone who loves them may be worth a look? ๐Ÿฅฐ

Shefgirl how are you? I saw you asking about hair loss? Mine literally hurt and came out in handfuls so we shaved it off and actually as hard as it is, I have realised that I have quite a nice shaped head lol!! Also thanks for the heads up about Doctaxol To be honest I am worrying about that one as Iโ€™ve kinda got used to fec lol!! 

Ju72 how you doing lovely, did your treatment go ahead? Sending you loads of hugs ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—Wildspur, half way ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ well done you, hope everything is ok. โ™ฅ๏ธ Also, donโ€™t stress about home schooling, Iโ€™m a teacher and these are unprecedented times, do what you can when you can. If you have sky they have started daily bite size lessons for primary and secondary on tv and online, failing that just read, they will probably learn more valuable life skills during this time. ๐Ÿฅฐ

Amazing Gem333 and lovely Shi How are you both? Hope your well and smiling my friends ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿฅฐ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿฅฐ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

And thatโ€™s all for today, probably not helpful at all but just a post of hugs and care is something we need from time to time. If I have forgotten anyone please forgive me. So a quote to end:

4BC4A7A4-7C96-4DB9-A718-1056591F4BF5.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Highlighted

Hi Shefgirl 

thanks so much for this, you have put my mind at ease. Apparently I have heard from others that radiotherapy hasnโ€™t be happening yet.Maybe this May change in coming weeks.Initially they said 4 weeks break between chemo and radio but who knows. Be glad of a rest after this and my birthday in July so be nice to do have some time off given Iโ€™ve missed so much since November.I canโ€™t wait to find my new normal,not be easy but one step at a time we can get there.

thanks again lovely 

yes we can keep each other going through anything like we have so far ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’•xxxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

When I first had rads back in 2018, I had not required chemo so went into them feeling physically ok. 

I had 15 sessions and honestly found the most tiring thing was the daily journey to hospital and having to find a parking space! 

The treatment itself is painless- a machine moves over you while you lay flat with your arms raised above your head. 

The very first session I was waiting for the laser light show and the light saber swooshes- instead they told me I could go!! It all happened so quickly I didnโ€™t realise I had had the treatment!! 

They will spend a bit of time positioning you so that they cover the right area each time, and this can take a bit longer if they are training student radiographers but otherwise in and out in minutes. 

You will need to protect your skin from what effectively is sun burn. You will get advice from them but personally I found pure organic Aloe Vera from H&B brilliant and some topless sunbathing (sitting room with curtains shut ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ) to air the boob! 

I wasnโ€™t over tired and tried to tie it in with a treat each day ... which may not be possible now but nice if you can. 

Sure we will all share tips etc on here as we continue our journey together but compared to chemo... so doable xx 

Highlighted

Hello everyone. How are you doing?  

Hope you are getting out in the sun โ˜€๏ธ

Just thought Iโ€™d share. Might not be for everyone or maybe you are already into it but I am loving Graysonโ€™s Art Club on channel 4 in Mondayโ€™s. It is joyous and hilarious. It really made me laugh and cheered us up no end. 

If youโ€™ve watched it which is your favourite Kev?  

Highlighted

Hi salsa 

thank you lovely ๐Ÿ’œyeah not keen on more tiring treatment but has to be done and hope itโ€™s not as bad as chemo -jeez!

My oncotype score was 75 so need all I can I guess!

feeling good today -managed my yoga and p.e with joe wicks and my son as well.

glad you are feeling better today.hope your bowels improve too.Iโ€™m back  on macrogol every day to keep things going.so many side effects to keep on top of isnโ€™t there!

the sun is out albeit quite cold here so think Iโ€™ll get some rays whilst itโ€™s there ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ

sending lots of hugs ๐Ÿค— x

Highlighted

Jowels - hello lovely. How are you? 

It will be great when you are over chemo but sorry you have to do radiotherapy. Iโ€™ve heard itโ€™s v tiring when youโ€™ve been knocked for six by chemo. Thinking of you. 

It is nice to think of getting to the end of all this tho. 

I am feeling so much better today but my bowels are all over the place. I canโ€™t take anything as I never know which way itโ€™s going to go. Good job Iโ€™m not allowed to travel far from home ๐Ÿคฃ

Anyway sun is glorious today. So enjoy ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜Ž and donโ€™t let it melt those malteasers. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ

Highlighted

Hi Shefgirl

From the sounds of it they are strong. Is that weekly or every 3 weeks. I think as mine is a weekly dose itโ€™s much more manageable. 

My sleep has also been all over the place. It always takes quite a few night to get back to sleeping thru the night. I hope your sleep returns soon. 

I watched some look good feel better vids yesterday. They were really good. About make up mostly and wearing scarves. My hair is thinning but still hanging in there but my skin is terrible. Hey ho. 

Hope things start easing up for you soon and enjoy those brownies. Sound delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

take care. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•

Highlighted

Shefgirl your daughters brownies sound amazing ๐Ÿ˜€get into you what you can โ™ฅ๏ธ

I know what you mean about the white carb diet -such a wierd thing!

ive been into my malteasers already ๐Ÿ˜‚

would you mind me asking about radiotherapy?will I feel unwell or will it just be tired?The hospital I will go to is a good 45 mins drive so have to factor trekking back and forward in terms of my energy levels.

thank you for your well wishes.Hope you feel better really soon 

hugs ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ’œ

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

Treats sound wonderful! My 19 year old daughter is a baker so if we can get flour she loves to rustle up brownies and cookies. She also makes yummy pies ๐Ÿฅง 

Just need to get off the white carb diet again - plain pasta has never tasted so good ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Will be thinking of you next week and willing you on ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Highlighted

Thanks for your kind words Salsa. I am having 3 x Docetaxol so I imagine they are each pretty strong! 

Well done on getting to your 7th- so good to be able to cross them off. 

I have a further 2 after this and then hope for a break before rads start. 

Hoping tomorrow is a better day. 

Have just watched a FB live video of a woman from Look Good Feel Better talking all about wig care. Not worn mine yet but got some good tips for when I start using it. So far been happy wearing scarves and hats. How is everyone else coping with hair loss? 

My sleep is also all over the place

Take care xx 

Highlighted

Hi salsa 

thank you for your lovely message.

wow you have done 7 thatโ€™s fab, well done.Glad your lovely cat giving you lots of cuddles.Yeah Iโ€™m quite nervous again but trying just to keep telling myself Iโ€™m nearly there.I really feel like my body has had enough of the side effects but one more final big push.

Thank you to you too as I feel the same about the support we all offer each other.I do feel we have all had it tougher without those support services.Im hoping to access them maybe after radiotherapy if thatโ€™s possible,but I guess covid will decide that too.

hope you enjoying treats when you are able to.

lots of hugs ๐Ÿ’“๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ

Highlighted

Hello Jowels

How lovely you have treats. ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Gearing up for your last session. Iโ€™m really glad for you but you must be nervous as youโ€™ve had such awful reactions to it. It may be a vain hope but I hope the next one is easier. 
Itโ€™s been really hard that so many support services have had to close.  This forum has been my lifeline.  So a massive thank you.  ๐Ÿ™ Itโ€™s just so good to be able to connect with people going thru this.  Even tho it is different for all of us.  ๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

So this week enjoy your treats and the sun โ˜€๏ธ and the garden ๐Ÿ˜Ž

You take care. ๐Ÿ˜˜ Iโ€™m going to rest up. Again 

sending love ๐Ÿ’• and hugs ๐Ÿค— 

Highlighted

Hi Shefgirl 

So sorry you are feeling so awful. Paclitaxil hasnโ€™t been that bad so far but I did 7 out of 12 yesterday and beginning to feel rough last last week. Spent most of it on sofa but co I do get out of bed to get to sofa. So sounds better than you. Feel ok. Sleep rubbish tho. Just returned to bed for nap but donโ€™t feel sleepy. 
Been out in garden tho which was lovely. Am now curled up in my bed with my furry cat. Sheโ€™s so gorgeous. 
I really do hope you feel better soon. Am I right in thinking you are near the end. Sending love ๐Ÿ’• and hugs ๐Ÿค—

Highlighted

Shefgirl 

i know what you mean about being in bed it really does suck.Hope you can enjoy the garden.

it really feels good knowing next week last one :feel like I say that holding my breath given the chopping and changing Iโ€™ve had since being diagnosed.i had surgery in jan so I have radiotherapy next then tamoxifen or similar after that.They said initially 20 sessions but again who knows with blasted covid.So sorry that this is the second time you are going through this nightmare.Sorry you have probably already told me this but my brain is on lockdown I think-the simplest of things I struggle to remember.

my lovely dad has just brought me some treats that my sister ordered  for me this week-malteasers etc,got to have treats.Trying to keep to a healthy diet as much as I can after my toast and porridge  diet I seem to follow for 10 days after chemo!!

i too like you,am sick of lockdown as I hardly got out after surgery in prep for chemo and keeping my asthma well controlled.

sending you hugs ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’œ

Highlighted

Hi Salsa

Hope you are well and truly on the road to recovery xx 

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

Thanks for your lovely message. I have dragged myself out of bed and going to have a shower and sit in the garden for a bit. 

Wow! Last chemo coming up eh? Bet that feels good to know!! It really is a marathon and not a sprint isnโ€™t it? I did reasonably ok on FEC but this taxol stuff is nasty! And I also have no patience and hate having to stay in bed etc. As with everything, it will come to pass!! 

What will happen after chemo Jowels? Do you have to have more surgery or rads? 

I had my 3.5cm tumour removed before Xmas so will be rads for me. Donโ€™t know whether they will stick with 15 sessions or reduce no and increase intensity. 

I had 15 rads with first BC 2 years ago and trust me it is so doable compared to this chemo lark!! 

Hope everyone is ok? Got to admit the novelty of shielding is starting to wear a bit thin now. 

Take care and keep safe everyone xx 

Highlighted

Hi lovelies

shefgirl -so sorry to hear about your side effects from Docetaxol.Sounds exactly how I am on FEC.Hope you pick up soon.

ive started building up in prep for next weeks cycle and can you believe my last one(unless things change).Back doing my daily yoga and joe wicks workouts.Feels good to be out of bed even though I know itโ€™s shortlived.

sending hugs Shefgirl ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’•

hope everyone is ok xxxxxxx

Highlighted

Morning all

Well had my first Docetaxol last Thursday and it is proving challenging! 

Side effects didnโ€™t kick in until Saturday but now nausea, loose stomach, aches and pains in back, legs and feet and fatigue. 

Definitely affected me much harder than FEC. Having to rest and watch what I eat. Also found water completely disgusting for the first time since treatment began. Hoping things will pick up in next couple of days. 

On a positive note, the sun is shining โ˜€๏ธ And 4/6 chemos done!! 

How are you all doing? 

Highlighted

Morning all ๐ŸŒป

how we finding things this week?๐ŸŒธx

Highlighted

Thanks so much Jowels. 

Feeling better already. Glad you are enjoying more than ready brek. Despite the rain the sun has now come out. Itโ€™s glorious here. Just looking for the rainbow ๐ŸŒˆ 

๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

Salsa 

so sorry to hear you were at a and e,itโ€™s so worrying for us all isnโ€™t it.So pleased you got out and you ok and hope the chest infection doesnโ€™t worsen.

thank you Iโ€™m very pleased I can eat something other than sodden ready brek!

i mean I like ready brek but not for every meal ha ha!

get a good rest lovely ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป

hope everyone is doing ok and enjoying anything they can ๐Ÿ’“

Highlighted

Afternoon all

Hope you are all coping well with everything being thrown at you. ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Hannah - lovely to hear from you. Hope the docetaxel went okay. Itโ€™s hard missing that close contact right now. But like you I get a lot of support from here. 

Shefgirl - hope you are feeling okay after your last session. Weather is looking up tomorrow so hopefully you can enjoy the garden then. 

Julie - hope treatment went ahead okay. If it goes ahead are you half way thru? It has been cold this week. Iโ€™ve been under a blanket all week. 

Jowels - glad you are actually feeling hungry now. I bet you canโ€™t wait till the ec treatment is over. Enjoy your necklace. We all need treats. 

Iโ€™m starting to feel a lot better today but had to be checked over at A&E yesterday as my chest pains were getting worse. Right at the top of my ribs so I knew it wasnโ€™t my heart but I had to go. Got a clean bill of health re ecg, chest X-ray and bloods. White blood cell count a bit low and might have a mild chest infection. So resting up. A&E was deserted but Ambulatory Care was packed. No social distancing possible in waiting room so lots of us hanging along the corridors. They were v good. Not actually there too long. Canโ€™t wait till I can get back in the garden. Too cold at the moment. Still under my blanket. 

Hope all of you have a restful and good weekend and get some sun โ˜€๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Enjoy. ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

Morning lovelies

how we all doing?

julie good luck for last ec today,hope you ok afterwards.

ive women up 8 days after last chemo and today I feel a bit hungry and am able to get up out of bed.Going to try and sit and get some fresh air before the rain returns.Hope to try and eat bit more as still on the ready brek.

treated myself to a necklace which Iโ€™m looking forward to ๐Ÿ’“nice to have a treat now and then isnโ€™t it.

hope everyone is doing ok and managing to eat and get some good rest.

im just so pleased I didnโ€™t get kept in hospital this week,very thankful for the safety of our home ๐Ÿ  

sending hugs and love ๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ

Highlighted

Evening ladies

Shefgirl , hope all went well with the docetaxel and tour not suffering too much . 

Wildspur thank you , I've not actually had my last ec yet it's due tomoro but yet again my blood result showed a high liver function test , so off for more bloods first thing tomoro and then to phone chemo ward for results and to see kf my session goes ahead tomoro. Really dont want anymore delays. I'll be on docetaxel next , 3 sessions. My onco has said theres no reduction in treatment planned so far. 

My hair is falling out all over the place now , no bald spots but I've lost quite alot. Thank goodness for thick hair. I think I'll have to buzz it off soon, which I'm dreading but it's a needs must. 

Cant believe the change in the weather this week, it's so cold I've put the heating back on. I had my government care package this week , I'm shocked at how good it was. 

Hope everyone else whose had treatment this week is feeling ok with the side effects. 

Take care 

Julie x

Highlighted

Thanks Hannah. 

A long 6 hour day yesterday having my first Herceptin injection and then observation but just 2 hours today so back home ready for an afternoon snooze. 

Good luck with your treatment today...any particular pointers re docetaxol? 

Hope everyone else doing ok? Shame sun has disappeared for the time being. Miss my garden x 

Highlighted

Morning all - sorry I haven't been on here much recently! So much to catch up on and lovely to read all your messages.  I love how we have a supportive community here.

Good luck today Shefgirl with your first course of Docetaxel.  I am going for my third course of Docetaxel today.  Had a call with the oncologist at the beginning of this week and was told they will give me an MRI next week to see whether they will bring my surgery forward.  I was originally meant to have 8 chemo cycles before surgery but they might plan it after 4 now.  I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing!

Thinking of everyone on this forum, especially in these times of isolation.  I am really missing my parents and friends at the moment but love coming on here to read what other people are up to and supporting one another.

Lots of love to you all xxx

Highlighted

Shefgirl thank you lovely

good luck for tomorrow will be thinking of you.The hit by a bus is a definitely a saying I can relate too!

sending you hugs for tomo ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธโ™ฅ๏ธ

Highlighted

this is the link to home schooling 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QrTrYK6Xz5I

Highlighted

Hi Shefgirl

Hope you are feeling okay after pac. Good luck for tomorrow when that bus hits you. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Sending positive vibes and love ๐Ÿ’•. You take care ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

Hi Wildspur

So sorry youโ€™ve been so rough. Sounds horrendous. Iโ€™m glad youโ€™re half way through though. Something to celebrate. Yay ๐Ÿ˜

Iโ€™ve not been too bad till now on paclitaxol. I have had fatigue and chemo fog (terrible constipation and diaorrhea) but it hasnโ€™t stopped me getting up everyday until today. Felt rough today. A friend did warn me of breathlessness which is today and tingling in fingers. Had a bit of that but not much. So I think it is easier than e c but each week is different. Iโ€™m half way through. Done 6 got 6 more to go. 
They do give me anti sickness and I havenโ€™t felt too sick. They give me hetcepin with pac. 
I think the whole isolation thing is really tough. I really miss my son and I know heโ€™s struggling away from home  I also really miss my 
friends. Had lots of zoom calls and messages which is lovely but itโ€™s not the same. 

The home schooling must be so hard. Iโ€™m so glad I donโ€™t have to do this. On home schooling check out Christian Hull on you tube. 
On the serious side itโ€™s tough. Sending hugs ๐Ÿค— and you take care. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ’•

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

You could try travel bands too for the nausea, some of the gals from oct17 thread I was on had good results with them, but always discuss nausea and sickness with your teams, they will tweak your meds till they get right combination for you โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•โœจโœจShi

Highlighted

Hi everyone! 

Jowels - so sorry you have had such a rough time. Thinking of you xx 

Glad to hear from you Wildspur and that theyโ€™ve managed to sort your sickness meds. 

Salsa- well done on reaching the half way milestone. Onwards and upwards! 

I am currently in hospital. Had my first Herceptin at 9.30 but then have to stay here for 6 hours for observation. Been very well looked after. Injection stung a bit but over in a few minutes. 

Back for docetaxol tomorrow- first    of 3. Oncologist has already warned me I will probably feel like Iโ€™ve been โ€œhit by a busโ€. I will let you know! 

Still got my eyebrows and 70% of eyelashes- wondering if these will be gone by end of treatment? 

Anyway- one day at a time. 

Take care all and feel much better soon xx

Highlighted

Wildspur 

feel your pain re home schooling.Not easy .

Also sorry to hear you suffering itโ€™s the pits.Hope you pick up soon.

re my anti sickness we have tried many combinations.Im having my dose reduced and having a syringe driver for last cycle.

i canโ€™t wait to be out of bed ๐Ÿ›Œ 

๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธโค๏ธ

Highlighted

Hi Julie, I hope you are feeling ok after your last EC. What will your next treatment be? 

Highlighted

Morning ladies, gosh you have been busy! It sounds like the side effects are kicking in left, right and centre the further we all go. 

I had my third EC on 14th April and only started feeling normal on the Saturday just gone...so 11 days on. I seem to suffer from major chemo fog, I feel completely spaced out during those 11 days, and canโ€™t function. On the plus side they changed one of my anti sickness meds and didnโ€™t feel sick at all. I ate fine, drank coffee, and didnโ€™t spend two days in bed like previous rounds! 

Jowels, have you discussed your meds? Maybe they need changing as you feel so horrendous? 

I start Paclitaxel next Tuesday - for 9 weeks. So I am half way there. I will also be having herceptin injection every 3 weeks for a year. Salsa, are you given anti sickness meds with this drug? Any tips? I am hoping it is less harsh than the EC! Horrible drugs!

Hows everyone coping with shielding? I have really struggled. Not because I am not going out, but the stress of homeschooling a six year old, which just isnโ€™t happening! My weekly trip to hospital for picc flush Etc is my only respite! 

On the hair front - thatโ€™s the only plus point of chemo for me! I am used to being bald now and most of my body hair is gone too! I even noticed my arms the other day... smooth! I do try not to look in the mirror though as it is a reminder of the โ€˜new meโ€™ which I still need to get used to. 

I hope everyone is doing ok and being as positive as you can be in this **bleep**e situation! I think I would have coped better mentally with treatment if I had support. Not seeing my mum, not having my friends to sit with me during chemo, my son and husband shielding because of me, the guilt of not homeschooling. Itโ€™s hard. ๐Ÿ˜ข

Highlighted

Salsa 

thank you ๐ŸŒธ

great you have had some toast ๐Ÿ‘

hope you can rest up.

half way bell ๐Ÿ›Ž whoop -brill โ™ฅ๏ธโค๏ธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ

Highlighted

Hope everyone else is good too. How are you all doing?  Sending love ๐Ÿ’• 

Highlighted

thanks so much Jowels. Feeling a bit better after toast but still resting. 

You really have had it rough so Iโ€™m glad your next one should be your last. ๐Ÿคž

Hope you start to manage more food soon. It must be so tough. ๐Ÿ˜˜

Iโ€™ve 6 sessions and got 6 more to go. Just reached the half way mark which feels really good 

๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

Morning Salsa 

so sorry you feel rough,the breathless must be awful.I know how I feel when my asthma is playing up and it affects everything. Hope it is short lived for you.How many of paxitaxol are you having?

yeah so,my next ec is looking like my last I think.Nothing set in stone due to covid but thatโ€™s what we aiming for.yeah I have lost weight not sure how much but nurse said yesterday it was noticeable.Im 6 days after chemo now and not progressed from ready brek and toast.

hoping Things pick up soon for us both โค๏ธ
Sending lots of love ๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ

Highlighted

Hi Jowels 

So sorry to hear you were in hospital all day. โ˜น๏ธ

Does that mean you did have treatment. Iโ€™m guessing yes as you canโ€™t even manage ginger cake. Double ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Have you lost a lot of weight too?  Or is the white carb diet helping to neutralize that  

Also will next time be your last e c cycle?  Sorry questions, questions , questions.

Frankly after not being too bad so far I feel **bleep** today  I am hot and flushed and my chest feels really tight  itโ€™s unconfortable for me to get up from lying down  So I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ll be doing much today  still been really lucky so far  A friend did warn me she got really breathless with paclitaxol.  So watching tv today if I canโ€™t manage to read  

So sorry you are having such a tough ride with this Jowels.  Youโ€™ve been so positive and brave but it must be horrid not to be able to do all you want to do  Especially with your little one  

Sending lots of love ๐Ÿ’• and especially gentle hugs ๐Ÿค—  

Take care and I hope you feel better soon  ๐Ÿ˜˜โค๏ธโ˜€๏ธ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒพ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’•โค๏ธ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜

Highlighted

Hi salsa 

thank you lovely.Unfortunatley I had to spend all day at hospital due to temps.Spiking up and down.Im not neutropenic thank goodness and after being there from 10-7pm agreed to let me home.Oncology nurse will keep in touch all week by phone.whilst I was there I agreed to have a dose reduction next cycle and to try syringe driver as h e side effects seem to get worse each cycle and Iโ€™m exhausted with them.The nausea is so long lasting it means itโ€™s hard all month really.Couldnt get the ginger cake down so was disappointed about that๐Ÿ˜‚

hoping to pick up this week.Hope you are doing ok.

hope everyone is ok and plodding on โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’•

Highlighted

Julie. Hope your bloods are okay for treatment.  Positive vibes. Itโ€™s a real pain when it gets paused. 6 cycles would be great so ๐Ÿคž 

My hair is thinning now but it isnโ€™t that noticeable to a stranger and I do have COVID hair already ๐Ÿ˜ฑ as I cut it myself recently. Badly. But who,s going to see it anyway. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ  And anyway I know Iโ€™m really lucky to have been able to continue with the cold cap and that it is giving me some benefit on my head. My pubes. Thatโ€™s another story ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ™ˆ

Sending lots of positives vibes for treatment tomorrow and that it goes well with minimal side effects. ๐Ÿ˜˜ take care ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜Žโค๏ธ๐ŸŒžโ˜€๏ธ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒˆ

Highlighted

Shefgirl. That should have read DESTRESS not distress. Doh ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

Highlighted

Hi Shefgirl. Hope your bloods are all good for tomorrows treatment. Iโ€™m having herceptin with paclitaxol. No one has asked me to hang around for 6 hours. I know there are side effects but so far not too bad. Only had 2 tho.

Sounds like it will be a busy week. I remember being emotionally overwhelmed after seeing consultant and then going straight to physiology. It felt too much but you have to go with these appointments. Treat one day at a time. If you can after your oncologist find a little time for a gentle massage done by yourself if no one else is around or do some yoga or sit in the garden or listen to a podcast. Or whatever helps you to distress a little. Book some time just for you. 

Be kind to yourself. Build in a treat too. So ginger cake, or cup of tea in the garden , gin or wine if you can face it or chocolate. Itโ€™s tough and it will be good to have something, however small to get back to. 

Other than that remember it can feel overwhelming but you are not alone. We are all routing for you. Allow yourself to feel whatever it is you feel in the moment and remember it feels like this now and it is real but it will pass. Sorry Iโ€™ve gone off on one again. Be kind to yourself and take care ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿฐโค๏ธ๐Ÿฆ‹๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ’•

Highlighted

Jowels. So pleased your bloods were okay and you had treatment. So sorry youโ€™ve been back on the nausea cycle ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿ˜ฌโ˜น๏ธ Hope itโ€™s lifted some more today and you can cope with more food. Donโ€™t forget ginger cake ๐Ÿฐ 

Have you anymore clarity on future treatment. Hope itโ€™s what you need and want. ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Good tips on bbc sounds. Iโ€™ll check them out. Weโ€™ve been watching Gregory Porterโ€™s documentary on popular voices bbc 4. Itโ€™s fabulous. Just started with jazz and blues singers. He has the sweetest voice too. 

Take care al the good things that come your way this week  be it yoga, podcasts, garden or family or friends  ๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

Gem. Agree you have to laugh. Sometimes it feels like crazy hour and then I look around me and realise everyone has left the room. Even the cats ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฐ But I go and find them and give them a cuddle. ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ˜ฟ๐Ÿ˜ปthey love me really. 

Way to go with your treatment. You are on this. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜Ž. But I do know itโ€™s tough. I dread going even tho I canโ€™t wait to have treatment and get it over with. ๐Ÿคช

take care ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜Ž

Highlighted

Hi Everyone 

Jowels , your side effects sound horrific , hope theyve eased now and your on the white carbs . 

Shefgirl , 6 hours at the hospital woozers that's along time , hope youve something to keep yourself occupied,  good luck with the hospital appointments / calls this week. 

Hope you've all enjoyed the weekend and the sunshine. 

I've got bloods on tuesday so hoping these come back ok and my chemo isnt delayed like last time. If it goes ahead this will be my last ec and the half way mark !! Woop woop๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘ I'm  losing a few more strands of hair each day now but so far no gaps or balding, once I get these I shall be having and braving the covid cut as it's now being called. 

I hope everyone having treatment this week that it goes well and the time passes quickly and for everyone struggling with side effects I hope these pass quickly too. 

Take care 

Julie x