cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: March 2020 Chemo Starters

Hi Salsa,

I was told I need to keep shielding until the herceptin injections are finished. I’m not sure how long it takes our immune systems to recover afterwards so a small part of me wonders if it might even be a bit longer. I’m going to ask my clinical oncology nurse when we do my next follow up consultation. 
I haven’t celebrated finishing chemo yet as I thought I’d save it for when the side effects have cleared up. Something alcoholic would be nice I think though. Either a nice gin and tonic or champagne. 
love and hugs

Tracy

🌹💖🌈

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the well wishes. I’ve got my radiotherapy consent and information meeting next week (2pm 25th June). I wasn’t expecting a telephone call so soon! Not sure if it’s the CT scanning meeting at the same time as it’s a different department/section and it depends if they can fit me in at the same time. I must admit it’s the CT scan that frightens me the most but hey ho got to be done. No point chickening out now when I’ve got through chemo. 
It was my clinical oncology nurse who told me that my immune system would be compromised because of the herceptin so I’m pleased they’ve reduced me to 6 months worth rather than the original 12 months that was planned. 
My arm is a little bit sore where the PICC line was removed but it looks like it’s healing nicely and it’s so nice to have it out. 
Love and hugs to all

🌹💖🌈

Highlighted

Jowels. Totally agree. We should be proud of ourselves. Not sure I always am but we should be. You definitely should be as you have so suffered with SEs. Willing next Thursday on for you although I know it will be horrid for you afterwards. It will just be so lovely for you to be done with this bit. Sending love. Sally 

😘♥️🤗

Highlighted

Tracy. Woop woop 💐🌈🎂🥂🍾🎈🎉🎊

So pleased you have finished chemo. I do hope you don’t get cellulitis again too and that the SEs this time are gentle on you. 
I don’t think I remembered that herceptin lowers your immune system. Does that mean we need to continue to shield until it’s finished. That’s next March for me 😮

I hope the discharge and inverted nipple are nothing serious but it’s good to get it checked out so we’ll done for getting an appointment. 
So take care and build up your energy slowly. I still have to spend most afternoons resting otherwise the fatigue bug comes and bites me on the bum. 
Really pleased you’ve reached this milestone. Celebrate in style. 😘 😘 

Highlighted

Tracy 

a huge well done for finishing chemo 🥳🥳🍷you should be very proud.So pleased you got to ring the bell 🛎 and a video to keep is fab.♥️

hope your appointment at breast dr goes ok too.

thank you for your well wishes I cannot wait to be over it.so ready to be at the chemo finish line with you,Salsa and Shefgirl.There are a few of us nearly there now.

sorry to hear your radiotherapy is so far away.A week sounds better than 3 though for sure.

really hope your little girl can get to start year 1.We are in the same position with our son.Its so hard.

we should all be so very proud of ourselves 🌸💃

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Sorry I’ve been a little quiet again recently. Just relieved now that my final chemo went ahead on Tuesday this week and I was able to ring the cancer bell. My hubby couldn’t be with me due to coronavirus restrictions but it was lovely that the chemo nurses videoed it for me so I was able to share it with him afterwards. And a few of them lined up and clapped and cheered for me. It felt really emotional and so good to get to the end of this part of the treatment. At one point I was worried it wouldn’t go ahead as the local cottage hospital couldn’t get blood out of my PICC line or even my veins on Friday morning and I had to go through to the chemo unit that afternoon. Thank goodness they were able to get some out of my PICC after a good flush and clean. Phew!

My PICC line was removed after my last chemo as I won’t be needing it again for rads or targeted therapy herceptin injections. No more zarzio when I’m just on herceptin and bloods only need to be checked every 3 months. Also won’t be needing lansoprazole or anti sickness meds according to my clinical oncology nurse. 

I’m waiting for my rads appointment as my details have been passed over to that team now I’ve finished chemo. I’ve been told that it will only be a week as opposed to the original 3 weeks though which sounds so much easier to deal with as it’s a 26 mile drive to the radiotherapy unit. Luckily I was able to get chemo at a hospital closer to where we live. 

I was offered the choice of the herceptin injections being administered at home every 3 weeks but prefer to go through to my local chemo unit as I’ve built up quite a rapport with the nurses and the team there and would miss my visits. Unfortunately the herceptin also lowers my immune system so I’ll be shielding at least until they finish in mid November and however long my team advise me it takes for my body to recover. I’m hoping to get some advice though so that my little girl can start Year 1 in September so that she can make friends and not miss out by starting later in the year than everyone else. But then again that all depends on the school and virus situation by then so who knows. 

I’ve got a follow up appointment with my breast surgeon on 13th July  I’m not sure if this is standard or if they’ve fitted me in as I phoned up my breast care nurse for some reassurance recently.  My left nipple is still showing slight discharge occasionally which was my early warning sign last time and the nipple is inverted  although to be honest I think this is probably because the lump was near the nipple and the stitches are around the areole.  

I’m hoping I don’t get cellulitis in my face again this time but at least it should be the last time if I do. I’ve changed face creams to try and help with the dry flaking skin which we think is causing it after advice from the chemo team. So fingers crossed!

Jowels - hope your last treatment can go ahead on the 25th and sorry you’ve been having such a rough time with the sickness. Impressed that you’re still managing to do some runs though. 
Witchhazel - glad to hear they adjusted your dosage. I too have a flushed face but think it’s because of the docetaxel. I was lucky and got a wig before lockdown from a local wig consultant although I haven’t actually worn it yet. 

Gem - I totally identify with you saying you’re “fine” when it’s not how you’re really feeling. Thanks for the dequadin, wig and book tips. Cycle 4 was my worst cycle so hoping no 5 won’t be as bad for you. Sorry you’ve got such a long wait for the BRCA testing results. 
Salsa - thanks for the beetroot tip and the recommended book. Glad to hear you’ve finished chemo even though it was because your body developed an allergic reaction to the chemo drugs. Glad you enjoyed that bottle of champagne 🥂🍾

Shefgirl - glad that your last chemo was able to go ahead. The seroma sounds so painful. 
Ju72 - sorry to hear you’re having to wait a bit longer when you’re eager to return to work. 

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone. Hope you’re all coping well and getting towards the end of your chemo treatments. 

love and hugs to all

Tracy

🌹💖🌈

Highlighted

Gem 

well done on your chemo no 5 

hoping s/e are ok and the Pains from injections 

not sure re scans etc for radiotherapy as not had any info yet 

sending hugs xx

Highlighted

Salsa so pleased you feeling better 💋now you finished chemo 😀

I can imagine there will be fatigue days for sure.Guess we have to learn pacing -I’m not so good at this 😂especially with a 5 year old 🤣🤣

thank you for your well wishes for next week just want it done now x

Highlighted

Julie. All this treatment takes a long time. I feel for you that you have to stay away till Oct. Covid has certainly thrown a few more complications into the mix. I’ve been told not to physically go back to work till Nov but I can work from home in the meantime. So I’ll be about a year too. Frightening but I’m just so glad to have got treatment and to be okay. I do have down days tho. It’s only natural. Sending love. 😘 

Highlighted

Gem. So glad your final session went ahead. Well done for sticking out. Brings you that much closer to the finish line. Sounds like you’ve been through the mill a bit so bet you can’t wait to finish. Glad you held out for the cold cap too. That comb over makes all the difference.  I’ve been nursing mine for ages. Hair is still falling out but less than before. Waiting for it to start growing back, even if it is white. I have so much grey now I’m not sure I’d notice 🤣

Looking forward to you reaching the finish line. I bet you can’t wait. How many rads do you have to have. Hope it’s only 5. In the meantime take care keep eating those lentils and chickpeas 

Sending love 

Highlighted

Julie. Lovely to hear from you. Glad you’ve been enjoying a box set. Sounds great.
sorry the bone pain was bad again. Glad it’s not as bad as last time tho.
When is your last session?  Do you know if you’ll just be having one week of rads?  
Thinking of you. 😘 😘 😘 

Highlighted

I forgot I don’t have to have rads at all. V happy about that. Feel for all of you that have to go through that next. 

Highlighted

Jowels. It does feel amazing to be done with chemo. I have felt so much better. However, yesterday I felt shattered and the fatigue kicked in again. Still feel a bit better now but not back to normal yet.  However, I really do feel so much better since stopping. I cannot tell you the difference to my skin. I feel reborn. 

Fabulous that next week is your last one. I bet you can’t wait till you finish. Have that fizz chilling. 🥂🍰 I’m just so sorry you have to go through all those horrible SEs first 😩. I know you have a terrible time with them. 

😘 

Highlighted

Hi Jowels,

went ok but nearly didn’t go ahead. Blood was low and they wanted to do a transfusion which I didn’t want...then I told them I have my period and they’d taken 4 more vials of blood on bloods day to send for BRCA testing so she said it make sense with lower results - phew 😅 and they let me go ahead! I’m ramming in even more iron than usual...and I already thought I ate a lot (as a veggie I live on chickpeas, lentils and veg) hey ho...

Then because of the extent of my hair loss they nearly didn’t let me cold cap...held my ground and wore a surgical cap to protect my head...I may have barely any hair left but my little comb over has become precious to me 🤗 and I wasn’t getting to round 5 and giving up! They let me go ahead - hooray 🥳

Just hoping SE are ok...especially when I start injections tonight 🤞 

Does anyone know if we have dye for CT scan before rads and if you keep PICC line in for it?

So happy for those of you finished or nearly done!! 🤗🤗🤗

you’re all fab and thinking of work after this rollercoaster is a stretch...my job is ridiculously stressful and the more I reflect on a ‘normal day’ the more I see it and know I need to change a lot xx

love and hugs to you all 😘

Highlighted

Gem33

hope number 5 went ok for you yesterday and you are managing ok lovely x

Highlighted

Morning lovelies hope everyone is ok

Shefgirl good luck for side effects of last one.

ju72 , pleased the bone pain wasn’t as bad as previous cycle.I can’t wait to only have to experience the s/e once more next week 🥳

do you know how long your radiotherapy will be?my oncologist said I’m likely to have 5 days instead of 4 weeks.

i haven’t asked about how long it will be re work if I’m honest as my job is very demanding and I know I may not be ready for a while yet.i plan to do next weeks chemo then just rest as much as I can.its fairly high risk working with patients also re covid so I may have to adapt how I used to work.
I can imagine thang re building a new normal will take its time.

Hoping my little boy can go back to school for last week of term if I’m well and then I can rest even more before radiotherapy.well if oncologist agrees too.

we nearly there 🥳

Highlighted

Good Evening ladies Sorry I've not been on this week. Truth is after my 5th chemo last week I've got obsessed with a netflix series so not done much other than watch this and rest. My eyes seem to get a little blurry on the T so makes it difficult to message and to concentrate. Side effects similar to last time round although the horrific bone pain was bad but not as bad as before. 😄

So pleased side effects , infections and chemo have for the most part cleared up for you all. And that you all seem to be enjoying some exercise / yoga time / chill time. 

Think weve all got that bottle chilling for the final chemo session. 🥂🥳

Cant wait to get off that chemo bus , next stop rads bus. But almost there . Spoke with my onco last week and she believes it will be 3 months after my last chemo before I'm fit for work with the immune system being low and the threat of the virus. Not what I wanted to hear as that takes me to october and I will of been off for a year. 

Just craving some normality of actually going to work. Never thought I'd be eager to return but then being Ill isnt the same as having time off for a lovely holiday. 

Hope your all having a pleasant evening. Take care lovelies 😄

Highlighted

Sally

thats brill well done,it all helps for sure.

Does it feel amazing now you are finished chemo?do you have to have radiotherapy?

yes next Thursday my final one thank goodness.Cant wait to get it done even though I’ll be poorly for a while after.

sending hugs ❤️

Highlighted

Gem thank you for your message. 
Do you do bloods today for BRCA testing. I feel for you. 3 month wait is horrid. I hope it’s all okay tho. Good luck to you this week. 
Looking forward to you reaching the finish line too. Sending love. 😘 

Highlighted

Shefgirl so pleased your chemo could go ahead 🎉 🥳 🎈 that is absolutely fantastic news. So sorry you had that horrible infection tho. Sounds really tough. 
So I hope the SE’s aren’t too horrendous this time and you can recover quickly. Sending lots of love. 😘 

Highlighted

Jowels. Thank you so much for your lovely message. I did manage to build in a few jogs in my morning walk so I’m slowly increasing my fitness. 
Sooo hoping you get to the finish line quickly. Is the next one your last one now?  I bet you can’t wait. Sending lots of love. Sally

Highlighted

Shefgirl that’s brill news it’s not infected and they are ok for you to have your chemo 😊

I know it’s a strange thing to be wanting it but we want to be at the finish line don’t we. Good luck for last one tomorrow,you nearly there and nearly time for your kitchen dance 💃🥳

im feeling much better thank you.Been out running again today and yesterday 🏃‍♂️Doing my mental health the world of good.Im still drained and tired but that’s how it is this far through chemo isn’t it.

my last one next Thursday 25th so not long now.

sending hugs 🌸xx

Highlighted

shefgirl, 

so, so pleased to hear it’s not infected and that your chemo can go ahead! Yes, that must be strange being happy about it but I totally get that xxx

I sent of bloods for chemo tomorrow and BRCA testing...🤞🙏 it comes back negative...but three months wait so I’m trying to put thoughts of that away xx

Good luck for all chemo this week too and with SE and well done to those finished chemo 🥳xxx

Highlighted

Jowels...we are all doing so incredibly well.

Thanks for the best wishes tomorrow...we all enjoy the small things I think - best way 🤗xxx

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

Thank you so much for your lovely message. So kind of you and very much appreciated 💕💕

Well, good news in that wound is not infected and today was squeezed 🤢 cleaned and dressed.  Back to hospital next week to get it checked but good news is final chemo will go ahead tomorrow😄

Feeling very relieved! Got my box sets downloaded and snacks packed! Crazy to be this Happy chemo is going ahead🤪🤪🤪

Hope you are feeling better Jowels? 

Good luck to everyone having chemo this week. Speedy recovery to all coping with side effects xx 

Highlighted

Thanks Gem -lovely to be out running whilst I can.
good luck for number 5 Tomorrow hope it goes ok.

ah I know what you mean about dreading the next couple of weeks.

we are getting there though -I have to keep telling myself regularly.We can do it 😘♥️🌸

Highlighted

Glad you managed a run!

snd well done Salsa! Soo pleased you’ve finished 🤗

I’m sorry I haven’t been on much again - our internet has been shocking for a month- literally on and off - new provider on Thurs 🤞

Chemo 5 tomorrow- still nervous and dreading the Following weeks but going with it as we have to do.

i was totally wiped this time but getting my period yesterday probably explained the additional back ache and leg pains...it’s easing finally today...in time for tomorrow x

i hope you’re all doing ok? Big hugs xx

Highlighted

Shefgirl good luck for seeing consultant today ❤️🌸

Highlighted

Shefgirl so sorry you suffering with this seroma sounds awful.

have everything crossed for your recovery from it.So pleased you chilling with your box sets you enjoy and enjoy getting pampered.

sending you good vibes and loads of hugs ❤️💕x

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

Just wanted to check how you are doing? Is the cellulitis and cystitis starting to improve? I really hope so! 

When do you find out whether you can have your next chemo? I have to go for bloods on Monday but not hopeful. So weird to be wanting chemo... but I guess it is really all about finishing and ticking that bit off. 

Anyway, thinking of you and hope you feel much better soon and your treatment can progress x 

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

Wow! So impressed with you out running! And brilliant that you are managing to get through the side effects from this round. Onwards and upwards to that last one!! 

At the point where treatment is finally done (!) I will pick up the coach to 5km programme again as I started doing this before diagnosis and enjoyed it. 

Meanwhile...spent 3 hours at the hospital yesterday as not happy with the area where they drained a breast seroma earlier in the week. Had bloods done and a swab and no sign of infection at the moment but the area is raised, red and weepy and very painful!

Can’t see chemo going ahead this week and worried that rads will be delayed 😥

On a positive, hubby and kids are taking more responsibility for cooking etc so I am letting them and settling down with my duvet and box sets! 

Back to see Breast consultant and oncologist on Tuesday to see what can be done! 

Thinking of everyone xx 

Highlighted

Salsa thank you 

mind its a slow run these days.Like you surgery and chemo are a awful combination for energy levels and fitness for sure.
I have an appointment in July with my surgeon who I have not seen since op.Hoping it will be a face to face as need my softie for my bra  and other info for going forward.Like follow up And how you check yourself when you have had surgery etc.

pilates sounds good -I’m still yoga which I love and will definitely continue.

So pleased you enjoyed your champers 🥳💐bet you feel so relieved.Bet it doesn’t feel real.

sending hugs 🌸

cant wait to join you at the finish line 🏁 

Highlighted

Jowels well done on the run. V impressed. Not run since Jan. Chemo after major surgery meant I just haven’t got there yet. But I did a 45 min walk last week so maybe this week I should start adding in a bit of a jog. Also did Pilates on zoom yesterday. Boy did it work my stomach muscles. Just what I need. 
champers was fantastic. Saw a friend in the garden and it was just so lovely. I am willing you all into the finish so you can do it too. 
Sending love 😘 

Highlighted

Morning all 💐

witchhazel 

I use a mouthwash called Biotane that I get from amazon and which is pricey but does really help my mouth.As you know I have had loads of issues with my mouth.I have gone right off having boiled sweets as they remind me of feeling sick when having the FEC -yack!

if you can face an ice lolly I do get a lot of relief from them.

hope it improves for you lovely 🌸

im feeling a lot more human now and which is lovely and managed a little run yesterday.Im planning to do the same today -feels so good to be back out ☀️🏃‍♂️
Desperate for any normality.

salsa how was your Champers?💃💃

Shefgirl how you feeling,hope you ok ❤️
Sending hugs lovelies 🌸💐

Highlighted

BBACBD2F-C6E7-42AA-B69E-982C29D5F7A6.png

Highlighted

Witch Hazel I’ll send a pic xx

FB62E379-2195-4357-A895-5128ECB591B6.png

Highlighted

How goes it everyone?

Gem, which Amazon seller did you use for a wig? I find it all so confusing.

Trying baking soda for the sore tongue today, not much is helping with the achey ankles though!

Highlighted

Shefgirl. Thanks for your lovely message. It’s such a bummer that you have this infection. Yes I can’t believe you have this so long after surgery. I do hope you recover soon and build your strength up for the next session. It’s strange isn’t it. You dread it but you are so disappointed when it’s delayed as you just know it’s longer to the finish line. I too am hoping your final session comes round soon. Then we can have a little celebration here too 🥳 

Sendung hugs 🤗 💕 😘 

Highlighted

Jowels. Thank you so much for your lovely message. Especially as your chemo has been prolonged. Can’t wait till you are at the finish too and then I can do a little kitchen dance for you. 💃 💃🎉🎉

So pleased you are starting to feel better. It’s so 💩 that it wipes you out and takes so long before you can start to pivn

up again. Sending hugs 🤗 😘 💕 

Highlighted

Shefgirl 

everything crossed for your appointment Tuesday -I can imagine how worried you are sending you much love.Glad you have box sets to watch and love the film choice.My little boy is obsessed with avengers 😂enjoy them.

hope you have some nice treats for the weekend too.Thank you yes I’m looking forward to my kitchen dance 💃 too.

sending everyone hugs 🤗 xxxx

Highlighted

Whoop! Whoop! Salsa congratulations on finishing. What an achievement 👏👏👏🎉🎉🥂 Hope you get chance to relax and recuperate a little now and of course enjoy that champagne 🍾

Thanks also for info re Hope course; definitely going to sign up for this. 

Jowels- glad to hear you are slowly coming through this cycle. You are doing great! Not long now until you can dance a little dance for yourself 😊

I really hope I can have final chemo next Weds but won’t know until see both breast surgeon and oncologist on Tuesday. (Never thought I would be eager for chemo 🤣)

Site where they drained the seroma is black and blue and I am monitoring it regularly as terrified about getting an infection (even with the antibiotics they put me on). Can’t believe I have this complication nearly 6 months after surgery. Then also worried rads will be delayed. 

Does mean I have got time to read and catch up on box sets! About to start Season 4 of “This is Us” and my daughter is getting me to watch all The Marvel/Avengers films. 

Anyway, hope you are all doing as well as you can be. Keep in-touch xx 

Highlighted

Salsa

this course sounds brill thank

you.Im going to look

at this at the weekend.Be good to know how I develop a new normal.

thank you for This 😘

Highlighted

Thank you 💃 Salsa 

whoop you are finished chemo 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳💃🍷🍷🍷I’m so thrilled for you I really am. I will have a little kitchen dance for you tonight 🥳

yes get that champers into you as soon as you feel able ♥️Enjoy 😊 
bet it feels amazing.

shefgirl how are you feeling now?Do you know if you will be able to go ahead with last one yet or not?Hope you are feeling

ok as I know its a massive knock this close to the finish line.

hope everyone with rubbish s/e is ok ❤️

Today is the first day I’m feeling ok ish and eating 🥳🥳

also had my phone counselling which always helps.For my 6th and final FEC I’m not having the syringe driver and will just ride the nightmare once again.

i can’t wait to be at the finish line with you all.
For everyone with a session coming up hope you are managing what to can.Its been raining non stop the last week so hope sun ☀️ returns for us.
sending hugs to everyone 🌸💕

Highlighted

One more thing. 

I want to tell you all about the Hope programme a course that Macmillan run. Please find out about it.  Normally they are run for a group locally but they’ve moved it all on-line. Most of the people finished treatment some time ago. Sometimes years ago but they are struggling to get on with normal life. It’s fantastic.  It’s all about slowly building up your life with more positives, bring realistic about the hard times and giving yourself some self compassion and self care. 

I can’t recommend it enough.  Please ask about it as even if you don’t do till next year you will still get lots out of it  

Highlighted

Morning all

Sending love and hope you are able to get to enjoy some of that sun 😎 today. 😘 

Julie.  Thanks for your good wishes.  I‘m glad No 5 went ahead but I’m truly sorry it still felt like hell. The SE just sound horrid.  Here’s to your final session in 3 weeks  🥂

Shefgirl.  I’m so sorry your final chemo session was postponed 😫 especially as it was due to infection and they can leave you feeling really down. I’m glad you are feeling better but I think we are all allowed a wobble. I know I’ve had them. 

Jowels. So sorry your latest session has been bad again. Boy you really do suffer don’t you. Your posts are great tho and it cheers me up to hear from you. I just hope some of SE’s are starting to wear off. Just willing you onto your final session. 💡 at the end of the tunnel. Hope your phone counselling helps you with this overwhelming situation. 

Tracey. Oh my word you have had a rough ride. The cellitis and cystitis is enough to bring anyone to their knees. I still have a red itchy patch on my face but I’m sure it’s mild compared to what you’ve been going thru. I do hope your next session comes around soon. I understand the infections might lower your bloods. But like you I hope not. My nurse told me to eat beetroot (good for the blood or is that just an old wives tale). 

Witchhazel.  Sounds like your bus hit you square on. I think if you can’t laugh at these times you just cry. And over the past few months I’ve done a bit of both but I prefer laughing at it if I can. It’s just that sometimes it all has to come out. Sorry about the hair loss. It’s just the final insult. The top of my head has some noticeable bald patches but if I’m out I’m usually wearing a hat so who would know. I hope the SE’s aren’t too horrendous now he’s lowered the dose 🤞.  

Gem. Thanks for book recommendation. I might check it out later. Sounds like you’ve been completely wiped. I feel for you. Glad you are onto No 5 next week. Bet you can’t wish the finish line closer fast enough. Don’t blame you. It takes a long time to recover your energy. Especially when you’ve been floored with chemo. Enjoy your nightly walks. It’s still light which is so lovely. 

I went for my final session this week only to be told they want me to stop now at 11. So like Spinal Tap I got all the way up to 11 (of 12). The rash I’ve been developing over the past couple of weeks is now so bad they won’t continue as it shows my body is developing an allergic reaction. So I’ve finished chemo. 🥳🥂. Still been feeling a bit tired so we are celebrating this weekend. Champagne in fridge. I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to be done with it. I am hoping you all get there soon too as I want you all to be done with this pile of 💩. I don’t think I realised how tired I got every evening and how slow I was as I am starting to feel a bit better. Hubby also pointed out how clumsy I was. I kept missing steps on the stairs doh. Thus stuff does strange things to you. 

So I am sending you amazing people lots of love 💕 and hugs 🤗. I hope the next few days are kind to you and you enjoy some lovely time outside. 😘 

Highlighted

And I meant to say...lots of love and hugs to you all 🤗xxx

Gem xxxx

Highlighted

image.jpg

I’ve also bought a book I was recommended by a friend who is now 12 years clear...I’ll share a pic if anyone is interested?

Sorry I haven’t replied individually to you all- I’m too afraid the WiFi will lose my message again...

After cycle 4 I was a snail...only the last few nights have I SLOWLY been able to manage walking up and down the road at 9 at night (with my mask on) so there’s no one about. I can’t believe I have number 5 of 6 next week. I don’t know where time has gone (think it might be that it’s felt longer to recover).

I’ve put my name down for counselling waiting list as after this I still have genetics test results 🤞

Highlighted

hi all,

sorry I disappeared! I wrote two long messages that didn’t post and our WiFi has been playing up badly for the past Two weeks so notifications having been coming through and I can’t get online.

God it’s tough isn’t it...some days I’m tired of saying I’m fine when I feel rubbish or just too aware of my body. On day 5 of Zarzio and after T I had the most horrendous pain in my low back and thighs - it felt like labour pain and my medical team thank God reassured me...paracetamol and hot wheat bags got me through but my temp was getting higher with the weather and heat bags/bottles.

The hair I have left is very little but I’m still going with the cold cap...and wearing my wig each day...I bought mine from Amazon and it’s way better than the one I bought from the recommended wig shop here and cheaper!

by the way I’ve been using Dequadin from the chemist (and allowed by my consultant) and it’s eased the cotton wool mouth/oral thrush quickly so it might’ve worth a try? I can normally taste and eat ok after about 4/5 days and taste buds are back then too.

Highlighted

Hi everyone 

witchhazel -I’m so sorry you hear you been suffering with side effects,I share your suffering it really is the pits.i had my dose reduced and it has helped a little hope it does with you too.Keep my fingers crossed for you.

im feeling pants today,so tired and weak spoke to the unit and they said probably a hangover from the syringe driver I had.

got my phone counselling tomorrow so that usually helps.Feel like I’ve had enough of all the medicines,prodding and poking now I have to be honest.

how is everyone doing else doing?

got everything crossed for those of you potentially having last cycle next week 💐💓

lots of hugs to you all you lovelies x

Highlighted

Morning everyone...

TMM - sorry you've had such a rough time; hopefully your bloods will be ok next week but even if they do have to push back, you're still heading to the finishing line. Docetaxcel will not defeat you! Even though it is a right barstool.

Well done everyone who has managed to be active recently; I barely managed to hobble round the garden and even then it was only the last 4/5 days before I had session 5 yesterday. Also well done to the snack resisters. I found the queasiness more persistent this time round and with my taste buds going on vacation it felt like I was constantly nibbling trying to find something satisfying/soothing.

I had a chat with my consultant on Monday evening about side effects, which cheered me up no end - I really like him, we share a dark sense of humour which is basically my main coping mechanism. He wasn't happy with my side effects, so I had the dose strength reduced yesterday. Based on last time it will be a day or two before I know how hard the bus is going to hit me, although I didn't get the "bottom tinglies" during the session like I did last time. Got a lovely flushed face this morning but I think that's the dexamethasone as I was flushed yesterday morning too.

Starting to wonder about trying a wig (although I don't think the NHS wig services are open?) or whether to just stick with scarves for now. Although I still have some hair, which I've slowly cut back to be about 3-4 inches long, it's mainly round the sides/back with the crown losing most. I'm used to it now but it is very fine and wispy so I suspect I'll be snipping it a bit shorter at the sides soon. I won't be back in an office environment for a while so I suppose I have time to ponder it.

Lots of love to everyone!