Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: March 2020 Chemo Starters

Hi everyone 

hope we are all getting on ok.💖

Sparkle -you are getting there well done.so sorry about s-e absolutely grim but you are getting further ahead.

re covid swabs I’ve had 4 tests so far and they are unpleasant for a few seconds only thats it.You will think oh that was quick!

sending hugs ♥️

Highlighted

Hi Tracy,

Thanks that does help. I had a clip(marker) put inside the tumour before I started chemo to mark where the tumour was as it shrunk during chemo,but when I saw the consultant a few weeks ago to discuss surgery and he described putting in a wire and the scraping of cells along it it made me feel nauseous my docetaxel side effects had kicked in a few days previous which didn't help.

Not looking forward to the covid swab next week. Ramming a huge Q tip up my nose doesn't sound fun.

Have you had a covid swab and if so was it as bad as I'm expecting?

Take care.🌈💕

Highlighted

Hi Sparkle,

I had a guide wire inserted on the same day as surgery. I must admit I was absolutely terrified at the thought of it. It was inserted by the same ladies who’d done my mammogram and then core needle biopsy so luckily they remembered how nervous I was. They’d already inserted it and said all done before I realised they’d started. The thought fear of the procedure was definitely worse than actually getting it done. Hope this helps. 
Hugs 🌈🌹💖

Tracy

Highlighted

Hi Sparkle54,

yes it is strange the differing advice...I’ve been wearing darker nail varnish all through and it seems to have helped me so far (4 weeks out of EC-T chemo) and 5/10 sessions into radiotherapy.

I’m not sure what the wire is?? Do they mean ‘markers’ that they insert into your breast so they can align you for radiotherapy? 

Big hugs xxx

Highlighted

Hi Chuck,

ahh that’s ok...on here at least we can all try to ‘get it’ for each other.

Our bodies, minds and spirits have been tested and run through the mill...we’re doing well...even on those rubbish days 🤗

I think all we can do is be as kind as we can to ourselves. One of my jobs is a counsellor and I work with some clients in physically patting themselves on the back - noticing things to be proud of.

it might sound bonkers but anything my body can do that it couldn’t do a few weeks ago/ a day ago I say out loud to it ‘well done...I’m proud of you’ I know I’m crackers sometimes but I am proud of my body and spirit...that even in spite of those really low, darker days I’ve picked myself up and kept putting one foot in front of the other.

We are all so precious and I reckon most of us (probably all of us) have lived looking after everyone else. Maybe now it’s time we treat ourselves like we treat others? 

I hope the BC nurses can offer some help and I wonder if even deep breathing with a gentle stretch or self massage (ha ha sounds ambiguous 🤣)...of your legs might be a place to start?

take good care xxx

Highlighted

Hi Chuck,

they haven’t mentioned tablets to me yet for the neuropathy. Thanks for the apricot oil tip. I was told about the dark nail varnish but not the apricot oil. The last time I spoke to my clinical oncology nurse about a week ago she told me I could still lose my nails months after finishing docetaxel but they’ll grow back. I hope I don’t though. 
I love the way we’re able to share advice and experiences and encourage one another. It’s much appreciated and needed especially during the pandemic. 
Hugs 🌈🌹🍾

Tracy

Highlighted

Hi Chuck,

like you my last docetaxel  was over 3 weeks ago and I still have very low energy levels and my ankles keep swelling up which I was starting to worry about as I didn't realise it could be yet another docetaxel side effect. My breast care nurse said the fatigue was probably lasting longer than usual due to the cumulative effects of the chemos. I was also advised on my way chemo way back when not to wear dark nail varnish so I had to remove it and have now still got problems with my nails.Funny how we all get different advice. My surgery is due 14th August, I have to have a wire inserted the day before, has anyone else had this? and Radiotherapy will be in October. It's a bloody long haul that we're all going through. 

Hope you get some good advice from your breast care nurse.

Take care.

💕 to all you amazing women.

Highlighted

Hey Gem, 

I totally loved your honesty in your kind reply to my post, you made me cry 🥺.  Just to understand that someone else has had the same experience and understands really helps, especially in the overthinking department lol🤪

I did leave a message with my oncologist but he never phoned back so I’m going to phone my amazing breast care nurses who have always said if I need anything just phone, so I will 🤣😂 

I managed to get a treadmill and had started last week walking a mile a day but it just became too painful. I had started doing the yoga and my bike at the start of the Docetaxel but then it hit hard and I couldn’t move so had to stop. I may look at that again, also found on you tube the nhs have done a Pilates for people recovering and it looked quite good. 
From someone who felt alone and scared , thank you for reminding me that it’s ok to not be ok and the up days will come 🌈 

Thank you Gem333 ♥️

Highlighted

Thank you so much Tracy for your wonderful advice. I had the most amazing team whilst going through my surgery and my chemo but when you are inbetween the chemo and radio I didn’t know who to call. Tomorrow I will phone my breast care nurses to see if they can give me any answers.

i hope your neuropathy improves, have they offered you the tablets I’m taking to help? I managed to keep my nails but only on the advice of my chemo nurse who told me to massage apricot oil in to them once a week and always wear dark nail varnish all the time. 
Congratulations on finishing your radiotherapy, I love the sound of condensed treatment.
Thank you again for replying, it really means a lot. 💖🌈 

Highlighted

Hi Gem,

thanks for the yoga advice. I’ve seen a block on the same website as the yoga mat so I might order one at the same time to save on postage. Here’s to doing a bit of gentle exercise. 
Hugs 🌈🌹💖

Tracy

Highlighted

Hi Chuck, 

🤗

what did they say about the swelling? I finished my EC-T regime three weeks ago and all rounds really affected my legs. I’ve found that moving more does help me though. Some days I go from sitting to standing and I have to wait for a minute for my legs to unseize and if I stand for a bit too long with weight on one leg it gets heavy and tight. But, what I have personally found (and we are all different) is that if I do give it a sec and move through the fatigue in my legs it passes (sometimes takes 15 mins) so slow exercise biking has been good and gentle yoga has helped. I think my muscles had wasted a bit on top of the nerve tiredness. I’m finding (even though I’m going through radio) that as my legs are getting stronger I’m feeling the awful leg issues less often.

And re. The positivity thing/ I think we are all incredible, we’re managing cancer treatment in very difficult and trying times. I already know that I’m going to hold off work as long as I can...my body may be fixing through treatment but it needs a lot of love and time to recover. I hope that shows you that you aren’t alone in losing your positivity at times...I don’t think we’d be human if there weren’t down and some moving towards up days...

big hugs everyone xx

Highlighted

Hi, you don’t need a mat but it does make it easier...I got mine years ago from TKMaxx online and it’s fab...it’s done outdoor yoga with me and indoor yoga and still is as good as new...not bad for about £12! That’s all you really need. I mostly do yoga in my pjs as I used to do it before work early but now do it slowly and creakily whenever I’m up.

A yoga block might be something else to buy but again not necessary and I got mine from Primark for about £3 in the sale.

yoga is the best exercise I’ve ever done in my life and toned my arms like nothing else...the best bits though are the mindset it helps with and the breathing and space for you...

Adriene really is incredible and starting with a bedtime yoga or a 5 min yoga is a great way to start. Oh, and there are no perfect yoga poses! And if you can’t do something one week it’s ok...it might be manageable in 6 weeks time...I love it as it’s not a competition with anyone else or even myself - rather it’s a time to see what you can do and get stronger the more you play with it 😘😘 xx

Highlighted

Hi Chuck,

It’s lovely to hear from you. I don’t have the swelling but still have problems with my nails and peripheral neuropathy from the docetaxel which I’ve been told will take a while to go. My team are keeping an eye on the peripheral neuropathy as this could be permanent.

I had my last docetaxel on 16th June. My cancer was HER2 positive so I’m on herceptin injections every 3 weeks until 10th November. I felt low for a little while after chemo finished and I was just having herceptin injections on their own - I think because I’d expected to feel better with very little side effects once I was just on herceptin injections and this wasn’t the case.  (I still have a metallic taste in my mouth when I’m eating but this could either be late effects from the docetaxel or from the herceptin.)

I still feel a bit tired and don’t have my pre treatment energy levels. I’ve had my radiotherapy already and it was condensed from 15 days into 5. I can remember thinking beforehand how will I manage if rads make me tired because I’m tired already before it starts. I did have a few afternoon naps which helped while I was having radiotherapy. 
Are you able to ask your treatment team or your breast care nurse about the swelling when you’ve been stood up for a little while? I still have telephone consultations with my clinical oncology nurse although they’re not as often as when I was going through active chemo but I do have an email address that she said I can use anytime I’ve got any questions.
Macmillan have a fatigue log which is available on their website either as a download I think or available to order which might help. I got loads of information leaflets in advance just in case Including fatigue as this seems to be quite a common and sometimes late side effect. There’s also some useful stuff on the Breast Cancer Now BECCA app where people share how they’ve managed with the fatigue aspect  of treatment and beyond. 
I hope this helps. Glad to hear you’re managing okay so far with the hot flushes. 
Hugs 🌈🌹💖
Tracy

Highlighted

Hello 🙋🏼‍♀️ To all those who remember me and to those that don’t, hello and I really hope you are doing well and fighting this 🤬💖.

I’m sorry I haven’t kept in touch, Docetaxel knocked me for six after ringing the bell I find myself still recovering. Although I tried several times to post, I really couldn’t find my positive outlook so I hid away for a while. However step by step in coming back round again. 🦋
 I am on tablets to repair my nerve damage and have started my zolodex injections along with the tablets to send me through the menopause early. I’m finding the hot flushes ok at the minute as they are less than the chemo burn 🥵 I used to get from the steroids lol! 
I have had my tattoo markers and chest scan done so I’m all ready to start radio in the next couple of weeks. 
Can I ask you guys a question though? I have very little energy still, my knees hardly move and my feet, ankles, legs and knees swell up after being stood up for very little time. Has anyone else got this? It’s been four weeks since my last session of Docetaxel and I just want a break from feeling rubbish. 😞

You amazing people who are nearly there or have completed your treatment, you rock and are amazing.🌈💖 To all those familiar names I still see cropping up on my feed, tirelessly supporting people, giving amazing advice and virtual hugs of friendship, you are amazing. 🌈💖🌼🌸🌺

Highlighted

Hi all

Quick question for anyone who does yoga.  I’m a newbie or will be soon hopefully and wondering if I need to buy a yoga mat.  All your talk of exercise has spurred me on to start making an effort to start exercising more. Hubby is still trying to buy me a foldaway treadmill (space issue) but they’ve been out of stock since lockdown was announced. I think yoga would be good for my back as well. 
Thanks 🌈🌹💖

Tracy

Highlighted

Thanks for the yoga tips Jowels and Gem. I’ll give it a try if I can manage to clear some floor space of Isabella’s toys 🤣 otherwise I might have to wait until she moves into her new bedroom. I was hoping to have it sorted before she goes back to school in September but things are on a bit of a go slow here with hubby working on our extension, working from home and also trying to keep a 5 year old entertained when I’m tired plus looking after me. I like the sound of gentle yoga. 
Gem - glad your radiotherapy has been better. 
I’m hoping to start going for gentle walks in our local area this week (avoiding people and social distancing) and think I’ll go back to keeping a food log too. I lost 3 stone a couple of years ago using a food log after going on a pre diabetes awareness course. I’ve slipped back into bad habits during the course of treatment and lockdown. 
Hugs ladies 🌈🌹💖

Tracy

Highlighted

Ahh thanks Tracy!

Since the wobbly day one it’s been better! 6 more to go!!

I use Yoga with Adriene on You Tube...I’ve followed her for years and love her!!

I’ve gone back to Gentle yoga which I’m starting very slowly to build back up...very...very...very slowly. 

I also started the 5:2 ‘diet’ on Sunday to kick start my metabolism...I did it years ago and I find it manageable...I’ve never dieted in the past but I used it to reset my system last time. The first 500 calories day I went over...but I don’t mind as I know I’ve made a start In the right direction xx

lots of love to everyone xx

Highlighted

Jowels...It has been better since session one and the rads fo cause me to be tired and my body fatigued but at the weekend with no rads I felt much better...just over a week to go! Yippee!!! 

Highlighted

Hi Tracy 

Thnak you I had a lush birthday and was spoilt. i am also trying to enjoy some time with my son, now I’m recovering from my two weeks radio.Im a bit sore and uncomfortable,I’m shattered but I guess as it’s hard to rest with a little one! The nurses said that the tiredness and soreness would peak in a couple of weeks.

re yoga I use yoga with Adrienne on you tube-she does all levels and she’s fabulous.It works wonders for the body and mind for sure.Im back on slimming world and enjoying being back in control of it in some ways.Keen to get my body to my usual weight.

good luck with yoga 🧘‍♀️ hope you enjoy it and that you can get some nice time with your little girl.

hope everyone is doing ok.

shefgirl hope it’s going ok lovely 💜

loads of love 

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Good luck to all going through radiotherapy and hope your skin reactions aren’t too bad.  Just over 2 weeks since I had mine and breast is slightly pink and slightly tender to the touch in some places. Pleased that yours can go ahead now Shefgirl.  Hope you have no more machine problems Gem - I’d have been terrified if my machine had played up. 

Good luck to all starting other treatments too and hoping the side effects aren’t too bad.  

Salsa - glad to hear your boss is being really supportive.  

Jowels - happy belated birthday 🎂🥂🍾  and hope you enjoy some fun with your hubby and little boy over the summer.  My daughter also starts year 1 in September.  

It sounds like there’s a few of us hoping to lose some weight (me included). For those of you who do yoga, did you go to classes or are you self taught? I’m interested in learning and think it would also help with my lower back pain but not sure where to start especially at the moment.  
I’ve just had my 4th herceptin injection so only 5 more to go. I’ve still got late effects from the docetaxel including nail problems and peripheral neuropathy. Hoping the peripheral neuropathy isn’t permanent but apparently it takes a long time to go so they’re going to monitor it.  

Love and hugs to all 🌈🌹💖

Tracy

Highlighted

Enjoy the finish line tomorrow. A few people have told me rads bring out the fatigue so take it easy. 

I do hope you do get some time to have some fun with hubby and your son this summer. Take it easy. Enjoy those moments and take care. 😘 

Highlighted

Gem. Hiyah. Enjoy those veggies. I am swamped with salad leaves and the courgettes have arrived at last. There is no stopping them now. Good job I love them. 

So sorry your first rads session was not good. I hope the rest of them are more like the second and that they go easy on you  

I have been impatient to get fit and lose some of that weight but it will not be rushed. I am not surprised you are so much weaker. You have been through so much. I am having to go slow but I am really enjoying the yoga so it doesn’t seem to bother me as much that it’s taking time now. We’ll get there.  In the meantime be kind to yourself. Take some time and space to feel proud that you have come through so much already. 

Take care. 😘 

Highlighted

Salsa 

thank you lovely ❤️
I suspect it may surprise me also as I’m super emotional this week.The tiredness is really hitting me now so I’ll be doing some very small goals initially.

i want some  fun with my lovely hubby and son and as much as I can manage over the summer before he starts year 1.
You are so right about re evaluating things I’ve been doing that quite a bit since I got diagnosed.

sending love and hugs 💖

Highlighted

Gem 

thank you lovely cannot wait!
pleased your rads went better today,hope the rest goes quick for you 💓

Highlighted

Jowels. It took me a lot longer than I expected to start to feel better. You are still doing rads so it will take some time yet. I wish I could hurry up time for you but I can’t.  🤷‍♂️

So take care. And yes good idea to remove stress when you return. All this certainly makes you reevaluate what’s important. Sending hugs 🤗 

Highlighted

Shefgirl. Good rule of thumb. I am actually okay most of the time. I did finish chemo nearly 2 months and didn’t have to go thru the pain of rads. So I’ve had recovery time. I was v emotional on finishing treatment but now I seem okay. You notice I say seem as my confidence is v low and I am not really sure how I’ll cope going forward. But my boss really is a darling and I know I can just tell him if I think I need a break. He’s not giving me anything stressful so I’m starting back. All good so far  

So I do think you should take your time and make sure you are okay  like you say you need to feel ready.  Just sending lots of love and hope the rads all go to plan  

😘 

Highlighted

Yay Shefgirl!! That’s brilliant news!!! So pleased to hear that! I hope everything goes really well 😘😘xx

Highlighted

g and t on Friday 🥳🥳🥳🔔🔔🔔🔔 you deserve it!!!Xx

Highlighted

Hi Salsa140,

yay to the veggies! I can wait to get digging and I might try your suggested veg time start with 👏

yes  I might try to kick start my metabolism with 5:2 agsin...strangely my muscles in my legs feel huge along with the weight that’s there. The chemo, steroids and filistram seem to really affect my legs and make them heavy...I’m getting back to yoga after the PICC line came out but boy I’m so much weaker...I just need to take my time I guess!

rads started yesterday, the first session was a bit of a nightmare as the machine decided to play up but today was better 🥳

Good luck to anyone going through treatment and yay to those finishing tomorrow!!! 

RING THAT BELL!!! 🔔🥳🥳🥳xx

Highlighted

Shefgirl that sounds like excellent advice re going back to work thank you 😀

hope next weeks rads goes ok snd your wound behaves ❤️

I’m looking forward to going back as it signifies normality,however I’ll be making some changes as I was way too stressed and under pressure.I feel it may be a while before I’m ready but one day at time I’ve done all the way through so that’s my plan 💖

love to everyone,be thinking of you all tomo when I ring the bell 🛎 

Highlighted

Thanks so much Salsa 

thats good news about the aches in your hips lessening,hope the back pain goes soon too.Sounds like you are making progress doing your job from home-sending you a huge well done 👍💖

also I totally get you may not be ready to counsel others -we have been through so much I guess it will just take time.I am up then down it’s so odd but I guess it’s still early days.

so pleased you starting to feel better in general,I can’t wait for that.

sending hugs and love xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Salsa and thanks for the lovely message. Yes, I am very pleased that rads can go ahead next week...words I never thought I’d utter!! 

Well done on starting your phased return to work... that is very impressive. I hope it all goes smoothly for you and your energy levels continue to improve. 

I am not planning to rush back to work....my boss who was very supportive has left and my team have all been working remotely since March with the office only partially opening again this week.

Like you, I want to feel stronger physically and mentally before I return to a full workload and also confident that my workplace is safe.

I imagine with counselling you need to feel emotionally in control before you can help others so can completely understand why now is not the time to pick this up. As you say, recovery is a slow process and you never know what might spark a negative memory or concern. My very rough rule of thumb for returning to work last time was to imagine my reaction to being asked in the office “how are you?” by someone outside my immediate team - a simple question... but if I couldn’t answer it without bursting into tears I definitely wasn’t ready. 

Thinking of everyone. Enjoy the beautiful  weather 😎🌞

Highlighted

Shefgirl.  That’s really good you can go ahead now with the next phase of treatment. 👏👏👏👏👏👏 I do hope it goes well and your skin holds up.

I have now started my phased return to work. All working from home. Just a few mornings a week and it’s okay so far. I did feel tired the first week and I’ve noticed I’m sleeping in a lot more but I am mostly feeling good. Today I have enough energy to clean the bathroom. This is amazing as I absolutely hate cleaning and will do anything to put it off. 

I also used to volunteer as a Counsellor for a half day a week at a women’s center in London. I just cannot face going back to that yet even tho I know that everything is now done on zoom. I was feeling a bit guilty about this as I know they are desperate for more Counsellor’s. But my friend reminded me to just take each step as it comes and not to return until I really feel ready for it. And that is not yet. I still feel a bit empty sometimes and ridiculous positive at other times. I guess it takes a while to process it all. 

Sending best wishes for next week. I do hope it all goes well. 😘 

Sending love to everyone else. I hope things are going as well as they can. 😘 

Highlighted

Jowels. Great to hear that you are so far along rads. So tomorrow is the final session. Yay 😁 How fantastic. Hoping you enjoy those G&Ts tomorrow. 🍸 You deserve them. 🔔 

My aches in my hips are lessening which is really good but I do get a lot of lower back pain now which I never used to get.  It’s not too bad now if I do yoga everyday 🧘‍♀️ but I’m enjoying that 😄

I hope the tamoxifen SE’s haven’t kicked in yet and I do hope if you do get any they only last for a couple of months  

i am genuinely starting to feel better.  I think the exercise really helps.  But nevertheless I do have days when I just have to put my feet up

Sending love and good luck for tomorrow  😘 

Highlighted

Thank you Shefgirl,I know I can’t quite believe it.Keep thinking someone will say oh by the way we want you to have something else!

Thats wonderful news about your radio restarting bet you so relieved you can get on with it.Hope your wound feels ok and rads goes quick for you.

lots of love 💖💖😘

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

Keeping everything crossed for Friday for you. How good will that feel to be finishing active treat!! Enjoy ringing that bell 😘👏👏

Better news here- saw my oncologist on Monday and he and my surgeon are agreed I can have the next 3 rounds of rads next week. They will see how my skin holds up before deciding whether I can have the boost or not. Just so relieved that the main part of my treatment can go ahead. 

How is everyone else doing? Sorry but I have lost track of where everyone is. Wishing all those in active treatment an end in sight, a well earned rest and some very well earned treats 🍾🍰🍫

Highlighted

Morning all,

How we all doing this week?

im on day 8 of radiotherapy today,Friday cannot come quick enough.Im sore and tired and ready for no more appointments for a while!

i spoke to my surgeon this week and he will see me in 6/12 months unless i need any help before then.

I started Tamoxifen Monday and he said the s/e if they occur will only last 2 months so that’s something.

salsa how are you feeling on anastrazole,is the joint pain still there?

shefgirl how is your wound and how are you feeling?

gem how you doing?

Ive been trying to be strict with my eating on sw.I ran on Sunday but I’m too tired to this week.Im saving a few syns for a couple of g and t’s once I have rang the bell on Friday at the hospital.

hope you are all ok 

sending love 💓💃

Highlighted

Thank you Salsa 

ah you are so right I’ve really had to take it much easier this week.

im just reminding myself that I’m nearly there.

well done on your yoga 🧘‍♀️ ❤️Enjoy 

hope you finding working from home ok.xx

Highlighted

Jowels. So glad you had a lovely birthday and had lots of treats. You so deserve it. 

Well done on the run 👏👏👏👏

I’m v impressed. Started slow and trying to do yoga every day. You take it easy too tho. Not surprised you are tired. Have heard from lots of people that rads seems to exaggerate the fatigue. Take care. 😘 

Highlighted

Hi Gem. Lovely to hear from you.  😊 

Not been for that picnic yet but I know the very spot. In a very quiet field up-the hill. Fantastic views and loads of butterflies. Just need to drag Andy away from work  

I’m not veggie but tend towards it most days now. My veg patch has really been something to focus on thru this and it’s been great. I really recommend it. Had the first of what looks like loads of courgettes for lunch. Swiss chard is a must. It’s so easy and it keeps going for ages, including thru the winter. As is lettuce and some salad leaves will also go thru winter.  Beans are also great. Not everything has been successful but when it is it feels brilliant. 

I too put on a stone. That was for surgery and I put on a few pounds over chemo too. I used to run every week but when I tried again I was completely wiped out for days every time I tried. It just felt I wasn’t ready yet. So I got into walking for 30 mins and then I tried the couch to 5k and it’s brilliant. I can now run again for 3 mins inbetween walks. Just done week 3. It just seems an easy route to get into it as I just needed to take it all slowly. WW is a good start but I also love Michael Mosley’s 5 & 2 diet. I think the long and slow approach is best. If I can just lose a pound a week at least I’m going in the right direction. Just keep eating soup and salad. I feel much healthier for it and they fill you up  

I’m wishing you all the best for rads next  week.  I hope it goes well.  Take care  😘 

Highlighted

Gem 

my radiotherapy unit said that I’m just to use what they give me and nothing else,so just whatever they tell you or give you will be fine.im hoping my next 5 sessions will be less sore but who knows.

ive been veggie since I was 13 and cook a lot.Im trying slowly to get back into a little big cooking when I’m having  good days.Im back to using a food diary to keep me on track which definitely helps 👍 I know what you mean about yoga strength guess it will just be time.

hope everyone can have a nice Saturday.Ill be having a nap this afternoon for sure 😂😂xx

Highlighted

Shefgirl. How are you feeling?  How’s the wound going?  I hope it healing so you can get on with rads and life.  😘 

Highlighted

Glad you had a lovely birthday! 🥰🥰

Ha Ha...I’m in bed for 10 on a good night normally!

ouch re redness and soreness...I’d better get some paracetamol in ready...

I was told to use diprobase or Aveeno but now I’m wondering whether to ask about the gel? I think I’ll just ask and see what they say 🙂

I hope the redness/soreness eases soon- do you think it’ll be easier when they do the targeted bit? 🤞🤞

I start Wed and have just tried to forget about it now and recover from the final chemo...what else can we do?

I just can’t believe I’m nearly a stone heavier! I could feel it in my clothes but standing on the scales was a shock! I’m going to try to be kind to myself and give myself until Christmas to get it off - I’ve started yoga properly again...but wow...how much strength I’ve lost!! Again...that’s going to take time to recover. I did get myself a folding bike though 🥳 so addicting soon as my helmet arrives I’ll head down to a trail 😍

lots of love to you allxxx

oh, out of interest is anyone hear veggie? Trying to think about diet...going to share an allotment with a neighbour and try to go organic as much as I can. Wondered if anyone else is adjusting things? Xx

Highlighted

Morning lovelies 💖

gem thank you 

had a lovely day after radiotherapy but was wiped out so was in bed by 10.my family really spoilt me 😀feel very lucky.

Yes 5 left so nearly there.

my cream is Flamagel I use it 3 times a day and keep my bra top off most of the time.Last day or two ive had to take paracetamol as very uncomfortable as it’s started to get redder.This weeks radiotherapy was whole breast and next week is where the tumour was.

keeping everything crossed that your results are negative gem 💖

re the weight im the same prob need to shed half a stone so I’ve put myself back on slimming world.Ive managed one run this week not bad given I’m so tired.

hope everyone is ok and sending lots of love 💓

Highlighted

Happy Birthday for yesterday!!

i hope you enjoyed your tea and cake after your nap!

🎂🥂🍷🍹💃🙌🥳

Highlighted

Jowels...how many left? 5? Yay...you are nearly finished with the rads 👏👏

Highlighted

Good luck with the tamoxifen those of you starting it 😘😘😘

I’m still holding my breath for BRCA results - I just hope they are negative!!! Can’t face the thought of a double mastectomy and ovary removal after everything else this year ☹️Xx

Highlighted

Hi Jowels, sounds like you are doing well!!! 

I asked about the breath hold and although I’m having radio on the left my oncologist and team said I don’t need to do the breath hold...I think it’s to do with where they target?

Do you mind me asking whats the gel? I’ve been told I’ll use Diprobase or Aveeno to moisturise but maybe I need to ask for something else? I start on Wed and I’m trying not to think about it.

ive also got nearly a stone to lose after chemo/lockdown. I’ve eaten well throughout but I guess lack of normal exercise due to PICC line and shielding has taken its toll 🤦🏻‍♀️

Any advice on radio ladies? Xx

Highlighted

Shefgirl how’s the wound healing? 

Salsa140 did you manage to go for a picnic anywhere? 🦋 🌳 xxx

Highlighted

Ju72, im

so sorry to hear that...on top of everything else it’s the last thing you need 😞 I hope that you’re doing ok enough and that you find a way to do what’s right for you 🤗🤗🤗 big hugs xxx