cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2020 Chemo Starters

gem333

Re: March 2020 Chemo Starters

Hi everyone!

so pleased to hear of the clear mammograms and thanks for the birthday wishes!

sorry not replied sooner but I’ve felt like I’ve been crawling (or actually frazzling) until the end of term! Work just feels another level now so I wrote a job application and had an interview on Wed- I hear Monday so 🤞 I absolutely have to make a change.

on that- anyone read Frazzled by Ruby Wax, I’ve only just started it but loving it!

Thanks for the insight with the Moving On course...I need to find out how to book on.

I hope everyone has a truly lovely Christmas in what has been (and still can be) a very challenging year 🤗🤗🤗❤️

jowels

Ignore the vomiting emoji I don’t know what that was!!maybe me after too many wines ha ha ha ♥️

jowels

Shefgirl I’m so pleased and thrilled 

🍷🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🤮sending lots of love xxxxxxx

tmmorriss

Hi Shefgirl,

Excellent news just before Christmas. What a lovely radiographer to arrange for you to see your consultant too. 
I must admit I’m finding the waiting hard even though there haven’t been any changes to my breast apart from being able to feel hard scar tissue which my consultant has already examined and reassured me is normal. 
I’ll let you know as soon as I find out. Luckily my breast care nurse has said I can contact her before Christmas if I’m still waiting on my results in the post. 
Love and hugs to all

Tracy 🌈🌹💖

Shefgirl

Hi Tracy

Keeping everything crossed for you and Witchazel for your mammogram results 🤞🤞

Scanxiety is such a real thing! I had my mammogram last week...the radiographer was lovely as I explained my cancer journey over the last 3 years. I had some concerns about changes in the breast and she was wonderful and arranged for me to see the consultant this week. 

To cut a long story short, I had an ultrasound and a thorough examination and coupled with the mammo was given the all clear! 

I have scar tissue damage and mild lymphedema in the breast. The BCN has shown my how to massage the boob to try and help with swelling and tissue damage. Just so relieved that no cancer was found and I am finally looking forward to Christmas. 

Thinking of you all and hope your forthcoming mammograms are straight forward and you don’t have to wait too long for results. 

Take care everyone xx 

tmmorriss

Hi Witchhazel,

Hope your mammogram went okay. I’m still waiting on my results but it’s only been a week and I was told it would take about 3 weeks until I receive them. Trying not to overthink things and worry but I must admit to being a bit more irritable than normal which I’m putting down to anxiety over the results. Crazy but also understandable at the same time I guess. I was relieved that the actual mammogram itself didn’t hurt on the breast which had been operated on. I can feel scar tissue in there so hoping I don’t need an ultrasound scan to confirm it’s scar tissue which my breast care nurse told me sometimes happens. 

The topics covered on the virtual Moving Forward course are:

- activity and energy

- lymphoedema 

- breast and body awareness

- managing menopausal symptoms

- nutrition and breast cancer

- adjusting and adapting after treatment

There’s a live Q&Q session this week and then that’s the end of the course. I’ve found it useful but also have to admit that the human interaction you’d get from a face to face course with people who’ve been through treatment and live in your area is missing (for obvious reasons). Maybe it’s just my course group or maybe I’m used to us chatting quite openly on here. But I did take quite a bit of useful stuff away from it so I’d still recommend it to anyone. 

Belated happy birthday to Nat & Gem. 
Good luck to everyone with your upcoming mammograms. 

Lots of love and hugs to all,

Tracy 💖🌹🌈

Witchhazel

Hope all went ok with the mammogram today Tracy - I have one tomorrow, so just over a year since I got my diagnosis. It's nerve wracking, my breast feels like badly made cold porridge but I was checked out during radiotherapy and they said it was scar tissue/swelling. Do you recommend the Moving Forward course? I've been thinking about it. I'm currently seeing a counsellor.

I'm working again but only in one day a week, home working the rest, trying to do more hours but I find it hard when I'm not in the office! I'm in tier 2 but it hasn't made much difference, I still try and avoid going out. Just hoping I will be able to see my dad over Christmas.

I'm not here much but I do think about you all and hope you're all heading in the right direction! 💞

jowels

Shefgirl thank you for your kind words.I’m sending you lots of hugs for your mammogram this week.I’ll be feeling the exact same for mine in January.

I hope you and your hubby enjoy your afternoon tea today and had some nice treats.

sending hugs to everyone xxx

Shefgirl

Belated birthday greetings to Nat and Gem 🍰🥂

Your local beach looks stunning Gem! I am in Derbyshire so land locked and very jealous of those of you close to the sea! 

Totally get your emotions around your cancerversary Jowels. I have my mammogram next week and am bricking it as this is how my tumour was picked up last year! On the other hand, I know it is always better to know! Got various lumps and bumps since surgery, rads and fat necrosis issue which I will be glad to get checked out. 

We are also in level 3 so not a lot happening (feels like it has since March) although it’s my hubby’s birthday tomorrow and I have ordered a special afternoon tea for him to celebrate! Extremely grateful to have had him and my daughters at home this year as would have gone a bit stir crazy without them 🤪

Thinking of you all 

Lots of love xx 

jowels

Gem,happy belated birthday lovely ♥️
I totally understand what you are saying.I’m still having therapy and still doing my mediation and journaling.I think some days will just be like that and that’s ok after all we have been through plus the fact the world around us has totally changed.It’s a year tomorrow that I found out 6th Dec last year.Mixed emotions for sure.I feel so grateful I’m here for my son.He’s turning 6 on Christmas Eve ♥️❤️
Few treats tonight and tomorrow I feel is on the cards 😂 I had better do a run first thing to work it off 😂😂

sending lots of love and hugs 💖

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

gem 🎂happy belated 44th for last Thursday. ❤️💕💕Shi xx

gem333

B97577AB-EEDD-4417-9F09-B8CC0E852BD0.jpeg

gem333

Hello lovelies!

what a year we are having! 

gem333_0-1607158098166.png

Anyway! I hope you are all doing ok? And roll on 2021! I hope the MRI went well?

ive been working 4 days a week again and although not back to full time hours and although I’m working from home it’s not easy! Trying to find a way to ease the pressure so I’ve re-made my boundaries with work very clear and they have been very supportive! 

It was my 44th birthday on Thursday and tbh I was a blubbering wreck! So happy to have made it to another year and to be lucky enough to still be here as a Mum to my lovely 13 year old. I’m hoping now that will help me shift forward a bit. I think with the COVID situation I haven’t felt like I’ve celebrated finishing treatment and as I haven’t seen my family since diagnosis in Feb (as they are all up North and I’m down here in the SW) that I’m a bit ‘stuck’.

I did go to the beach (alone obviously ☹️) but had a lovely time...beach all to myself! And my sister in law knitted me a gorgeous beanie...it keeps my wig on perfectly 😉

ahh it’s tough isn’t it? Trying to be positive, trying not to overthink, trying to allow ourselves to recover, trying to look after ourselves, trying not to wallow on (probably menopausal hormonally charged days) and trying to move on!

just one step at a time...all we can do and to try to have things to focus on that are good for us! 

I hope you are all good and feeling better most days than not 😘 

lots of love, Gemma xxx

jowels

Nat 

happy birthday for tomorrow lovely 💖

hope mri went ok.

im also in tier 3 it’s the pits not seeing anyone 😢hope you have lots of cakes 🎂 Tomo x

Sparkle54

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is well.

Great news about the covid vaccine 🎉👏. Gives us all a light at the end of the tunnel.

Have my MRI scan  tomorrow for my collarbone lump so may find out what it is soon, not expecting any nasty surprises as consultant ruled out anything sinister.

Hoping to do something nice on Saturday for my birthday but not sure what yet as I am in a tier 3 area. But whatever happens I am determined to eat lots of cake🎂

Know how you feel Jowels Work is absolutely flooring me,doing 6.5 hours 4days a week and have to increase that to 7.5 a day from 14th😬

Anyway soon be Christmas. Hope everyone has a fantastic time at Christmas and a much better new year.

Take care everyone.

Nat 💕💉🎄🎉

jowels

Tracy congratulations on finishing your herceptin🍷🎉

course sounds good,enjoy 💓

good luck for your echo and your mammogram next week.

hope everyone doing ok ❤️Xxxx

tmmorriss

Hi everyone,

I finally finished my herceptin injections phew! Echocardiogram later this morning to check my heart and 1st mammogram next week. 
I’m doing an online Moving Forward course with Breast Care Now and have found it really useful so far. Week 1 covered physical activity and lymphoedema which gave me a kick start to becoming more active. 
I hope you’re all doing well and wish you all a merry Christmas and all the best for 2020. 
Love and hugs

Tracy

💖🌹🌈

jowels

Hi Tracy 

So sorry to hear you been having such a tough time of it and sending hugs.

thank you,yes such a relief.The pain is still there but just hoping in time it will ease.I’m back in January for my first follow up.

work is completely exhausting me as I’m up and down half the night with tamoxifen 😢

trying different things to help but so far no improvement.I’m also taking evening primrose so hope this may also help.

my cancer diagnosis anniversary is coming up 6th Dec -such an odd bag of emotions.But also so happy to be through this last year and here with my little boy ♥️
sending everyone love and hugs and hope you are all doing ok xxxxx

tmmorriss

Hi everyone,  

Sorry it’s been a little while. My 8th herceptin injection was postponed because my blood pressure was dangerously high. I’m now on meds for high blood pressure to get me through the rest of my treatment. To say I was upset that day is an understatement. I had to wait 3 weeks to give the meds time to now work so my 8th injection was on what should have been my last hospital appointment. 1st December will be my last hospital visit for herceptin injection no 9. 

Jowels - glad that your scan was clear and your scar tissue was causing the pain. Hoping it’s settled down now. Glad to hear your easing yourself back into work slowly. 

Nat - glad your friends gave you a bell although a pity that they didn’t let you ring it after your last radiotherapy. Hoping the lump on your collarbone checked out okay. 

Gem - well done on upcycling your kitchen and working on your allotment. 

Shefgirl - sorry to hear you’re been experiencing pain in your treatment side. I’ve got my mammogram 7th December. My breast care nurse told me it would be a year after surgery as I had a 2 month wait from diagnosis until the operation. 

Sending love and hugs to all

Tracy 🌹🌈💖

jowels

Shefgirl thank you lovely ♥️
sounds like you are getting through the herceptin well done 💖

you are so right there is a lot of sickness within the nhs-a lot of my team have been off and there is a lot of worry about coping again second time round.As I have to work from home i know I’m protected but it’s so hard when my team are out there. I know we all play a part though so I know we will get there ♥️
Shefgirl I’m viewing work differently now and am just taking it steady and not expect too much.I’ve told my team I’m not Wonder Woman but they just thrilled to have me back 😌

hope you can enjoy some nice time at home before making any choices about work ♥️😘😘

Shefgirl

Great news Jowels - so pleased for you 👏👏🥳

Hope you are ok Nat and have been able to get checked over? 

I was back at hospital yesterday for my 10th Herceptin injection- only 8 more to go! Ward very busy with 60 minute wait- I believe there are around 600 staff off sick at the Trust currently - no doubt fatigue and stress from the last covid wave and the current one. My nurse usually works in theatres but had come on the chemo ward to help out. So grateful to have received treatment during such a difficult time for all NHS staff. 

Thinking of those of you who have returned to work - take it steady and make sure you put yourself first. It’s amazing how quickly colleagues forget what you’ve been off with and just expect you to carry on as normal. So be kind to yourself in the weeks and months ahead. 

I am making no decision about returning to work until the New Year. Will keep you posted! 

Take care everyone xx

jowels

Gem thank you lovely such a relief!

Ah you have described what work is like so perfectly! It’s all going to take some getting used to but we been through worse haven’t we 💖

I’ve done my first week so week two phased return as of Monday. I’ve booked annual leave in December to give me some rest time before Christmas and my sons birthday Xmas eve so it’s usually lots of lovely fun around Xmas week 💓

who knows what will happen with lockdown mind 😂!

hope you enjoy your days off gem 

hope everyone is ok lots of love xx

gem333

I hope it’s all ok 🤞xx

gem333

Hi,’

that’s bloody fantastic news!!!🥳🥳🥳

I’m so glad to hear that!

Yes work is too crazy and just opening the door in it I can see the speeding merry go round inside!! So I’m doing my bit...then stepping away. As you said the coped without us. At least working from home I can actually get on with work and not be on high alert for being called to a class or childb😊

I hope anyone with worries get some reassurance that you’re ok 😘

big hugs xxx

jowels

Hi everyone

hope you all doing ok.

brill news my scan showed changes from treatment and nothing to worry about 🎉such a relief.

hope I can sleep better tonight after worrying about today ♥️
loads of love and thank you for your support xxxxxx

jowels

Thanks Nat ♥️
Got my ultrasound this afternoon just praying it’s scar tissue or rads damage.

hope you get some answers from your bcn re your collarbone 

sending much love x

Sparkle54

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all coping with lockdown number 2.

Shefgirl and Jowels  so sorry to hear about all the extra stress you've been experiencing due to your pains.

Really hoping it is just radiotherapy side effects.

I found a lump on my collarbone today so will have to call the bc team if it doesn't disappear in a few days, can't believe it's anything too bad as only finished treatment 4 weeks ago and my lymph nodes were clear, probably stress as works manic at the moment.

I was told after my surgery that my mammogram will be in August as that is when I had surgery.

Sending hugs and positive thoughts to you all.

Take care 💕🌈💕

Nat

jowels

Re: hady Re: March 2020 Chemo Starters

Thanks for that gem it’s worth me trying for sure.Ive continued my yoga too but it’s just one place underneath where my original tumour was is really affected.I hope that it is roads damage and will improve as I had felt I was turning a corner.

I think you doing great with work so just do what you can.I have told work and myself that I need time to adjust or I’m no use to anyone. Not sure how i feel until I do it so just one day at a time.In jobs like ours it’s never ending isn’t it but they coped without us this last year didn’t they.

no one is more important than you remember that 💓

hope you can have a few treats too in this strange world we are in now.

thanks gem and keep up the good work lovely 

sending everyone massive hugs 💓

gem333

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

gem333

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ahh that’s a pain in the neck 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’ve been doing some physio online...I will try to upload the photos of my worksheets if that might help? I found they were hard at first but I’m feeling so relieved as I carry on...

ah yes 4 hours work last week and tbh that feel enough/too much/a bit overwhelming- as you said once you take one step back in it’s so crazy- child protection issues, behaviour issues of my kids with SEN but I keep trying to remind myself it isn’t all my responsibility. 8 hours next week ☹️ Then...it keeps going up.

starting back to counselling on Tues but have only agreed two clients which I think is a good start in and I find counselling enjoyable 🥰

I hope you’re all ok and Jowels I hope the pain does ease 🤞

jowels

Gem thank you 💓

the pain is wierd as it was getting better then much worse the last 3-4 weeks so it needs sorting for sure.Im back to lying on my back again in bed argh!

pleased you found changing your bras have helped I’m forever trying to find soft no wire tops and bras to keep comfy 

have Asda’s at the moment.

thats brill about you going back to work gem well done ♥️
I’m apprehensive about the exact same issue as my job is stressful and managing my team remotely will be a challenge.Im 11 hours next week two half days with a day off in between so I’m just taking one day at a time.

thanks Shefgirl and Gem for your kind thoughts 💖sending much love xxxxx

gem333

Hi Shef girl,

I hope you are doing ok? I totally get your shift of priorities!!!

Do you mind me asking if you had chemo the first time or just radio? 

re. Mammogram I haven’t heard yet but only diagnosed in Feb so I’m guessing they will wait a year???

I hope you have the reassurance of your mammogram soon 🤗🤗😘

take care,

gemma 

gem333

Hi lovely,

oh no!! I was getting stinging and pain and weird aches...I’ve changed my bras and added more physio exercises and it really has eased stuff.

I hope you see someone and that rests your fears lovely 😊 

I went ‘back to work’ from home this eeek. Only 4 hours but it already feels too much!! 8 hours next week...ahhh...the problem isn’t the work but that it’s started my brain running at full speed and I can feel my stress levels in my body too much already. I’m hoping over the coming weeks I settle again after the shock of change.

still trying to focus on the positives and count my blessings though 🤗

Lots of love to you all

Gem xxx

jowels

hi Shefgirl 

ah thank you lovely ❤️
I’ve now been told I have to work from home due to the new lockdown which is disappointing but what can we do.My husband is also working from home so it may be interesting!

glad your pain was checked out -think you are probably right.Just hoping it will be ok,brings back last years diagnosis Every time I go to the hospital.I hadn’t been back since surgery.

i now have my mammogram and surgery review in January.

think you do right staying at home until after Christmas after the last two years you have had.

Sending hugs Shefgirl and to everyone 💓

Xxx

Shefgirl

Hi Jowels, lovely to hear from you. Hope that your phased return to work goes smoothly. 

Also good luck with your scan - sure your bc nurse is right and it will be scar tissue/damage from surgery and rads but always good to get checked out. 

I too was recently experiencing pain in treatment side and got the oncologist to look at it for peace of mind. Again, she said it was probably rads damage. I do think that the higher dose of rads over the 5 sessions may be a factor. 

All going steady here; I am signed off work until after Christmas and will review after that. I am weighing up my options as after having bc twice in 2 years my priorities have changed... I have Herceptin injections until next April so will see what develops. 

Would be interested to know what has happened with everyone’s mammogram appointments? My annual check up is due but heard nothing. Didn’t know if it was because I am stilled classed as in treatment because of Herceptin? 

Hope everyone is doing well? 

All good wishes 😘💕

jowels

Hi all

how is everyone doing?hope you are all ok and moving forward 💓

i had been doing well,and had a return to work 9th Nov on a phased return.However I’ve been having increasing pain underneath my breast where the original rumour was 😫

I rang my bcn who examined me and said likely scar tissue but waiting on an u/s to confirm.Ill be ringing up tomorrow to chase this as haven’t heard yet (covid has a lot to answer for 😢

ill let you know how I get on lovelies 

hugs xxxxxxx

gem333

Ah thanks Jowels xx

jowels

Glad you back gem 

and yes I know what you mean about relearning a lot 🤣

keep up the positive work lovely 💕

gem333

Hi all!

Finally I’ve managed to log back in!! I got a new phone and I couldn’t remember my password as it was a fingerprint password on my old phone 🤦🏻‍♀️

so glad you are all sounding so good. This  time is so strange and I’m still struggling to relax and wind down so that’s my focus until I go back to work.  I have to constantly remind myself to slow down and be kind to myself.

i keep thinking how lucky we were to find our cancer and have our treatment when we did.

I’ve rewatched a brill you tube video by Gabor Mate called when the body says no- trying to remind myself not to put everyone before me otherwise our bodies kick us in the pants to try to stop us...a great watch if anyone likes that sort of thing?

ive up cycled my kitchen and started on the allotment but done too much, too fast again. I’m honestly trying to relearn 43 years of my way of being! 

I’ll message properly again but just wanted to say hi and so pleased you’ve finished 🤗

lots of love xxx

jowels

hi all you lovelies, how are things?
Shefgirl how you doing, you feel your energy coming back a bit?

you are right about the  lockdown situation.We have been under local restrictions for ages now-just awful.

im getting everything set for wear it pink event on zoom and really enjoying spending time on my running, yoga and meditation  and they are really helping me manage my emotions. At the end of my cbt now but feel I have a good tool kit.

my sleep and hot flushes are still the pits with tamoxifen but trying to nap when I feel I need it.

i now am proud owner of a sewing machine so have been living getting crafty 😀

i also have my first meeting at work next week to plan a slow phased return coming up, but still taking it one day at a time 💕
hope everyone is enjoying what they can 

big hugs 💕

jowels

Nat 

a massive congratulations lovely well

done 💖💃🎉🤩🍰

so sorry you didn’t get to ring the bell but how lush that your friends left you a bell 🛎 excellent 💖

i found my skin more sore the weeks after radio finished so kept moisturising 3 times per day and go bra less.

hope you are able to rest and relax and do some things nice within the confines of the ever changing restrictions due to covid!

get yourself some treat lovely ❤️💖♥️🎉🍰

Shefgirl

Congratulations Nat 👏👏👏🎉🥳

Such a great feeling to have finished! Rest up now and keep moisturising as can take a couple of weeks for rads to settle down. 

How is everyone else doing? 

The sun is shining here today so plan to get some fresh air later. Looks like a long winter ahead with more local lockdowns so trying to get out when I can. 

lots of love to all xx

Sparkle54

hady Re: March 2020 Chemo Starters

Hi Everyone, Hope your all well. My cancer journey is finally over🎉🎉🎉had my last radiotherapy session today. After 8 long months.😀

didn't get given any flange am using my E45 cream. Didn't get to ring the bell, that did surprisingly upset me as only on Monday I was clapping for a lady who had finished her treatment and rang the bell. My radiography knew it was my last treatment as she mentioned it when I went in. After getting back into my clothes I asked the receptionist what to do with my gown(we took them home during treatment) and get just said " I'll take that from you" so I was a real damp squib moment.when I got home though my lovely friends had left a bell on my doorstep for me so I rang that. It really cheered me up.

I would like to thank you all for your support and advice and wish you all the very best for the future.

Take care you are all very special.

love Nat 💕🎉🍻🌈

jowels

Morning everyone 

Tracy,so pleased you nearly finished your herceptin 😀well done.Hope s/e are manageable for you.

.I know what you mean re nails -it’s horrible.Im still using almond oil who knows if it’s doing anything,I hope so!

That’s great you are booked on a virtual course.I went to the Maggies centre for look good feel better session this week .It was brill and I learnt a lot about makeup and what to use.I also got some lovely make up to bring home.Its certainly helped me with confidence which has been fairly low. I would highly recommend it.

well done on your weight loss that’s great . I’m continuing to do the same and definitely feeling better for it.You are so right about being kind to ourselves, we have all done so well.Every day is making  us all stronger ♥️
im doing a fundraising event over zoom for Breast care now, National Wear it pink Campaign  on 23rd  October and so pleased to say I’m up to £200 already  so that’s amazing. I’ll be doing quiz, games and going to get all dressed up and have a few drinks over zoom.I had planned to have a party but due to covid that’s had to be amended.I’m promoting Breast awareness to all my family and friends as much as possible.After all that’s how I found my cancer.
hope everyone is ok and sending lots of hugs 💖Have a good weekend xxx

tmmorriss

Hi everyone

Herceptin no 7 done and dusted and just 2 more to go yay! 

Nat - hope your radiotherapy is going okay. I got my flamigel at the 1st session so hoping they’ve given you some to apply to help with the skin reaction. Sorry to hear your boss upset with his bad choice of words. 

Jowels - thanks for sharing the tip to check our breasts twice a month. I was only checking mine once a month and I’d forgotten to ask how often I should be checking. Sorry to hear you have extra covid restrictions where you live. It does make it so much harder. Glad to hear your son has settled well into school and is enjoying athletics after school too. As you say at least you’ll be able to enjoy his birthday and Christmas if you’re not having your annual follow up with your surgeon until January. Hope your informal chat at work goes okay. 

I phoned my breast care nurse for advice yesterday and basically everything takes time. The ridges in my nails have to grow out before they’ll grow back to normal. At present I’m losing finger nails and toe nails quite easily although in most cases there’s a new brittle nail underneath and at least it doesn’t hurt. My hair is still patchy and very short and again I’ve been told it usually rights itself in the end. Again it’ll take time for it to grow back. Looking at it in the mirror every day to see how much it’s grown isn’t helping 🤣. And I already knew that the peripheral neuropathy will be here for a while yet and that’s hoping it isn’t permanent. 

Just trying to find a new normal. Got my name down for a moving forward virtual course with Breast Care Now in November/December as they don’t know when the face to face ones will resume. But at least I’ve started to lose some of my chemo weight and am walking a minimum of 3000 steps a day. I’m being kind to myself as some days I feel tireder than others and on those days 3000 is fine. 

Hope you’re all doing well ladies. Well done to all of us for getting so far. 

love and hugs 

Tracy 🌹🌈💖

jowels

hi Nat

so sorry to hear your boss didn’t choose his words, people can be strange for sure.

Pleased you are doing well working from home well done.

Good luck for your radio sessions on the 8th.

take care and hugs x

Sparkle54

Hi Jowels,

My Radiotherapy starts on the 8th, 5 sessions and then it's all over.😊. Started WFH at the beginning of September just mornings 4hrs a day, bumped it up to 5 last week. Had my medical return to work chat over the phone, and am afraid I took offense to some of the phrasing. My line manager is great but chose the wrong words at the end saying that the illness 109 working days worth would be "forgiven" as if we choose to have cancer 😡he did apologise after. Still got a lump under my lymph node removal scar bcn says it's a seroma not that she's seen it, it's all about trusting their virtual professional judgement these days.

Anyway other than that, the weird finger nails and the fatigue it's all good.😁

Take care

💕🌞

Nat

jowels

Gem sorry I didnt forget you lovely 

how are you doing? ♥️
Also for those of us on hormone treatment how are the flushes and body changes? I’m still learning how to manage the changes!!😂x

jowels

Morning all 

Nat your dogs sound so lush -enjoy 💕

when does your radiotherapy start?

my tip is to use the moisturiser they give you 3-4 times a a day from the very first session.

shefgirl how you doing? Are you continuing with your therapies? I’ve always mediated but have really put this as a priority every day.My yoga is also coming on well.I even got to 5.6 km yesterday on my run so im proud of myself 💕

I still get tired so having a nap every day before my son returns from school.

Sally, how is your husband doing and how are you feeling? You still working from home?

i am booked on to look good feel better course next week which I’ve waited months for so I’m so looking forward to it,and a bit apprehensive.

im also booked to go into work next week for an informal chat with my boss to discuss work but I’m not giving any dates as yet 😂 I’ll be having a phased return and have annual leave to gradually ease myself in.

pleased that things are moving on despite bloody Covid but I’m still taking one day at a time-the only way for me 🥰

sending everyone lots of hugs 💖xxxx

jowels

Hi everyone and Tracy 

lobely to hear from you 💕

So sorry to hear about your scare it’s all so terrifying.Im so pleased all was ok.I haven’t physically seen anyone at the hospital since my post op check in January so it does worry me I haven’t been examined for a while.I rang my bcn yesterday and was asking about follow up and examining myself, I was getting obsessed with it after radiotherapy as things were changing after my sessions .She said to do this every two weeks so I’ve written in diary to stick with the 1st and 14th if every month.I have also examined by boobs but previously just monthly.Bcn said if I feel anything not right I can ring her and she will get me in.Other than that I’ll be back there in January;my surgery month).I was a a bit confused as they said originally I’d be back in my diagnosis month (December).She also said they have changed things -pity no one actually tells the patients! Anyway least I can aim to not dread December and focus on my sons birthday -Xmas eve ❤️
pleased your daughter back at school and the school sounds supportive.My son is loving being back and seems like to have settled well.Although his school has been sending lots of children home due to covid so I am very worried about it.My son has also joined a little athletics class on a week night which I think is good as he can look forward to this and he loves running etc.

where we live we have extra Covid restrictions meaning we haven’t been able to see anyone we love which is been hard.It also means that I can’t go out and about as I’d like but what can we do.

hope you getting on ok lovely x