Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

March 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: March 2020 Chemo Starters

Salsa and Shefgirl 

thank you very much 

radiotherapy this morning then a lovely couple of hours in my mams garden social distanced with my family โค๏ธ
my lovely hubby and little boy are making me a nice tea as we speak.Ive had a nap on the sofa -just totally wiped out!

hope you are both ok and able to enjoy the weekend โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’“

shefgirl hope your wound is healing โ™ฅ๏ธ
lots of love xx

Highlighted

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Jowels ๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿพ

The sun is shining ๐Ÿ˜Ž. Hope you have some lovely treats planned. 

Enjoy xx 

Highlighted

Jowels 

Happy Birthday ๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ

Hope you have a fabulous birthday and still have some energy left after rads ๐Ÿ˜– to enjoy some time with your family. Sending you many happy returns. ๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿ’• 

Highlighted

Thank you salsa 

yes the fatigue is wierd,I think ah Iโ€™m ok then Iโ€™m like oh need to have a rest now.Hard figure the pacing out ๐Ÿคฃ

Eek I know only 8 more to go.Cannot wait 

Hope you finding working from home ok.

lots of love xx

Highlighted

Jowels. Glad today also went okay. Not surprised you need to rest in the sofa tho. Take it easy. Even tho I feel so much better even I needed a rest on the sofa this afternoon. Only 8 more sessions ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Good luck with all of this and the tamoxifen next week. I do hope it is kind to you. 
Sending lots of love. Sally. ๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿ’• 

Highlighted

Thank you Salsa ๐Ÿ’“

glad you feeling good to go out and enjoy The sun and nature ๐Ÿ’–hope the aches arenโ€™t too bad for you with the anastrazole.Next week for me for starting Tamoxifen ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Today day 2,went well and I managed it ok so Iโ€™m happy with that ๐Ÿ˜€8 more days to go.

i re started slimming world last week as have about 4/5 kg to lose after chemo.I really feel so much better for getting back to good eating again.Mind Iโ€™ll let myself have treats on my birthday ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿ’ƒ

feeling pretty tired so on the sofa this afternoon whilst my hubby and son do some Lego ๐Ÿ’•

hope everyone is ok sending hugs ๐Ÿ’œ

Highlighted

Jowels. So pleased day one of rads went okay. It does sound a bit scary with the whole breath thing but itโ€™s good that the staff were able to put you at ease. Hope today goes well too. Sending love. 

Woke up feeling like I wanted to get out and go for an early walk so went round the lakes near me before breakfast. It really is a beautiful morning so I hope all of you get to enjoy some sun today ๐Ÿ˜Ž 

๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

Hi everyone 

salsa thank you lovely.So pleased to hear to hear you feeling generally better.Hope the aches improve for you though.

so today was day one of radiotherapy and Iโ€™m pleased to say-no dramas and staff were lovely which put me at ease.I was nervous especially doing the breath hold.Think my yoga has helped with that as I managed first time ๐Ÿ˜€

my breast feels hot.I have Flamagel to use 3 times per day.Back there tomorrow morning.Going to have an early night and get as much rest as I can.

shefgirl how is the wound doing?Has your team said anything  more?

tracy hope you got the gel sorted from pharmacy and itโ€™s lessening for you.

gem hope you doing ok 

sending hugs ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’œ

Highlighted

Julie 

im so sorry that you have found this about your partner, canโ€™t imagine how you feeling.as if you donโ€™t have enough to contend with.

In terms of trust I can totally get it.My dad did something similar to my poor mam so have some knowledge of this ๐Ÿ˜”sending you a massive hug x

Highlighted

Tracy. So pleased youโ€™ve finished rads. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŽŠ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿฐ So sorry youโ€™ve had all the hassle about the gel. ๐Ÿ˜คHope itโ€™s not red and sore now. Itโ€™s one thing after another but I hope your oncology appointment goes well.  ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Shefgirl. So sorry your wound has opened up again. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ Must have been so upsetting. I hope it heals quickly so you can get to rads and cross this off. Hoping your appointment today is worthwhile. ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Jowels  I love your idea of fun things to do. Top of my list at the moment is a picnic  somewhere quiet  ๐Ÿฆ‹  I hope things are getting easier for you but I bet you canโ€™t wait to be over rads.  The next hurdle ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Gem. So glad you are finally coming up for air and so pleased to hear about your splurge of creativity. Definitely sounds like something to focus on for the future.  Sorry about the filistram, sounds horrendous but i hope you are feeling better and will be stronger for the rads  ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Julie.  Oh how awful to find out about your partner.  Things like this make us evaluate all sorts of things I think.  I am not surprised you are mentally going through the mill. I hope you can find some โ€˜meโ€™ time for you to take care of yourself.  These things are so so hard and you are already ha I gotta to cope with so much  Thinking of you ๐Ÿ˜˜Take care  ๐Ÿค— 

i am generally feeling a lot better.  I am getting some joint pain.  Donโ€™t know if this is herceptin or anastrozole but they really kicked in after anastrozole so Iโ€™m guessing itโ€™s that.  So far itโ€™s bearable but Iโ€™m using a lot of water bottles and when itโ€™s warm that does feel a little crazy ๐Ÿ˜œ 

i have also returned to work  just from home and only a couple of mornings a week but I am still feeling incredibly nervous about it all.  My confidence seems to have gone down the plug hole.  Thank god itโ€™s only working from home  I donโ€™t think I could go in to work at the moment.  

I do wish all of you amazing ladies as good a week as you can possibly have and Iโ€™m sending lots of love to all of you out there .  Take care ๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿ’• 

Highlighted

Hi ladies 

Sorry I've been absent from the group for quite a while. But I've had a bit kf a rubbish couple of weeks. I've discovered my partner of 4 years has been messaging other women for the last year,  pre diagnosis. Hes been really good taking me to every app going but now hes damaged the trust I had for him. So I really dont know how to move forward. The question im asking myself is do I try to rebuild the trust or just end it now. Pre diagnosis he would of been gone , but having gone through this it really makes you look at who and what is important. So mentally I'm going through the mill. 

Anyway enough of my sorry life. !! 

Gem your cat looks a beaut ball of fun and well done on the writing. 

Shefgirl I'm so sorry to hear rads as had to stop for now , have they said why your wound as reopened ? Was it down to the rads ? Anyway hope your doing well now . Sounds an horrific ordeal to be going through. ๐Ÿ˜˜

Glad everyone else seems to be moving forward with treatment and managing well.

Take care , onwards and upwards ladies . Keep safe xx

Highlighted

Tracy 

a

huge congratulations to you on finishing your radiotherapy ๐Ÿฐ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

sounds familiar your prob with the pharmacy hope you can get it sorted as you certainly donโ€™t need the stress.

โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’“

Highlighted

Gem 

well done on your writing,brill ๐Ÿ˜€

enjoy getting back on your yoga mat.Im doing 30 days of yoga camp with Adrienne love it ๐Ÿ˜ 

xx

Highlighted

Shefgirl

im so sorry to hear about your wound ๐Ÿ˜”sending you a huge hug.That is really the pits like you havenโ€™t gone through enough.

hope that they are taking good care of you โค๏ธ
Thinking of you and keep everything crossed it improved soon 

lots of love ๐Ÿ’“ โค๏ธ

Highlighted

Yay Tracy you are finished ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค— so pleased to hear! Well done and I hope your skin is managing well!

Yes, Iโ€™ve been cat focused and have got everything ready apart from food now...so lovely to have something positive to focus on before rads (29 July).

Sorry I was vacant for a bit I just donโ€™t sleep on the Zarzio/filistram injections and so for 7 days was in and out of being a zombie!

Then...when I did come round I had this mad splurge of creativity and have managed up to draft 3 of a childrenโ€™s picture/story book that Iโ€™ve had locked in my head for years! All of a sudden the cogs all clicked and so thatโ€™s what Iโ€™ve been doing for the past few days.

Sorry to hear about your wound reopening, I donโ€™t knowvwhat to say other than that must be upsetting but, as you said they are doing the best they can and you will get there ๐Ÿค—

Iโ€™m ringing on Monday to ask about the breath hold technique but Iโ€™m going to guess they donโ€™t do it yet either as it has t been mentioned...and Iโ€™d better not google it otherwise Iโ€™ll send my head off to another direction.

i hope you are all finding ways to unwind...thanks for the book recommendation - Iโ€™ll check that one out xx

Havd a good day everyone...Iโ€™m going to try to get back gently onto my yoga mat and slowly rebuild my fitness and body which currently doesnโ€™t feel a lot like mine ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

xx

Highlighted

Hi Shefgirl,

So sorry to hear that your wound has opened up again and youโ€™ve had your rads postponed. As you say your team are doing it with your best interests at heart but it is upsetting when the end is in sight and treatment is delayed. 
Big hugs ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’–

Tracy

Highlighted

Thanks Tracy and Jowels for your lovely messages. Congratulations too Tracy on completing your rads..hope you are not suffering too much with your skin.

I had 2 rads sessions last week (the equivalent of 6 under the old regime) and my skin was already turning pink!

Unfortunately, my treatment has now been postponed due to my breast wound opening up again! 

This happened on Thursday and after seeing my oncologist and surgeon on Friday it was decided that it was not safe to continue with rads for now. I had to have another ultrasound and more fluid drained off and back to hospital on Monday to get it checked. 

There were tears as I really thought the end was in sight but not to be for now. 

Iโ€™m feeling better today and know that my Drs are doing what is best for me... so got to be patient for now.

Hope that you are all having a good weekend and coping with side effects etc

All the best xx 

Highlighted

Hi Shefgirl 

Pleased you managed okay with the breath hold technique and radiotherapy feels doable. I also only managed a couple of hours sleep the night before my first radiotherapy session and can identify with the anxiety.  

I love the idea of putting together a fun things to do list. Iโ€™m going to start working on one for next year once Iโ€™ve finished the herceptin injections. 

Hereโ€™s to the end of your radiotherapy sessions and hope the side effects arenโ€™t too bad.

Love and hugs ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ’–

Tracy

Highlighted

Hi everyone 

Iโ€™m relieved that I finished radiotherapy yesterday. The radiographers were lovely. I was so nervous on the first day that they did hand reflexology to stop me hyperventilating as they thought it could bring on a panic attack. I asked about the breath hold technique when I met with my consultant prior to treatment starting as mine was also on the left hand side but he said they donโ€™t do that yet at my hospital. Iโ€™ve been told to expect the worst of the side effects next week. So far my breast is pink and tender/sore when I apply flamigel RT they gave me. Itโ€™s been a bit of a nightmare getting some more of it as I phoned my GP on Friday and explained I didnโ€™t think it would last the weekend. The prescription was sent to the pharmacy attached to the GP surgery and I was assured it would be delivered today. Fast forward 5pm today and not only was it not being delivered but it hadnโ€™t even been ordered. Iโ€™m supposed to apply it liberally 3 times a day so hoping I donโ€™t run out tomorrow. Think I might have to go back to the hospital on Monday to get some more as I now donโ€™t trust the pharmacy to get it. Iโ€™m hoping that I donโ€™t get a bad reaction due to lack of cream as itโ€™s supposed to ease the redness and soreness caused by radiation. 

One of the radiographers recommended โ€˜The cancer survivorโ€™s companionโ€™ by Dr Frances Goodhart and Lucy Atkins. I bought it for my kindle but havenโ€™t read it yet. She said it had lots of useful stuff in for people when they come to the end of their treatment. 

Iโ€™ve got a telephone consultation with my clinical oncology nurse next week so a good chance to discuss my herceptin side effects and also how long before peripheral neuropathy goes (hoping itโ€™s not permanent). 

Glad others seem to be managing rads okay so far and good luck to anyone else about to start. 

A cat sounds like a perfect treat Gem. 
Happy birthday for the 24th Jowels. 
Love and hugs to all ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ’–

Tracy

Highlighted

Shefgirl 

thanks for your brilliant message.Sounds so incredibly postive which is brill ๐Ÿ˜€gives us a good insight as to how to see the future months especially getting back to work.I so know what you mean about so called friends! I have started a mental list of fun things Iโ€™d like to do with my husband and little boy over the summer โ™ฅ๏ธ

A huge well done on today bet itโ€™s a relief for you .hope I manage as well ๐Ÿ’–

thank you also for your honest post it really helps 

lots of love xx

Highlighted

Hi everyone

Thanks Jowel and Salsa for your lovely messages. Really appreciated ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Today was first day of rads and Iโ€™m  happy to report it went well. Managed to do the left side breath hold and feeling very relieved that I know I can do it! Staff were lovely and talked me through everything. And unlike chemo no needles! 

Slept badly last night because worrying about it all ... but it is feeling doable now. 

Interesting reading everyoneโ€™s thoughts on the future and making changes. 

I went back to my job in adult education after my first diagnosis but it took me months to really start to enjoy it again. To be honest work became very secondary as I focused instead on how I spent my free time and who I spent it with. Some โ€œfriendsโ€ were not there for me during treatment whilst others really stepped up and it is these people I have kept in touch with. I joined a gym and put together a list of fun things to do over the next year and really enjoyed some special times and created some fab memories. 

A cancer diagnosis really does make you consider your own mortality but also gives you an opportunity to realise that life is short and to get on and live it.

Thinking of you all xx 

Highlighted

Thanks Gem itโ€™s 24th so I have some time to think about what treats I can enjoy.Hoping the side effects of radiotherapy are kinder to us than the chemo!

gem you are so right we have a chance now to look at what we want and how to rebuild our lives after all this ๐Ÿ’–

I guess in some ways you could say we are in a unique situation ๐Ÿ˜€

sending love ๐Ÿ’“ 

Highlighted

Jowels...Happy Birthday for Friday ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ I hope you can enjoy loads of treats ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅฐ

Highlighted

Yes...I finally feel like Iโ€™m coming up for air...I keep using the analogy of chemo like Iโ€™ve been in the sea and pounded by waves that keep knocking me under then you have to pick yourself up ready for the next one...for me itโ€™s been like holding my breath for 6/7 months.

im going to try to breathe again...and yes I too used to look after everyone...my work was crazily stressful with child protection and sorting the provision of children with very complex and challenging special needs...with no support or time to unload at any point. Thatโ€™s going to change - so I guess itโ€™s been a learning point for me too that Iโ€™m important and the eduction system/machine Iโ€™ve been in has taken enough out of me after 21 years of my service to it.

i hope we all find ways of creating our new lives that are filled with health and joy...Iโ€™m sure we will. 

lots of love

Gemma xxxx

Highlighted

Morning lovelies 

Salsa thank you ๐Ÿ’œ

i was in bed for 7pm last night,even before my son but I really needed it!

the hospital is about 30 mins drive away on a good day so not too far thank goodness. Just want it over with now as Iโ€™m sure we all feel.

shefgirl I know what you mean about the length of treatment, I like Salsa was diagnosed December 6th and had my surgery 15th jan.Shefgirl so sorry you having to go through this for a second time.

Gem your lovely new furry addition sounds great and I bet will give you a lot of love ๐Ÿ’“ 

i often try to remember my old life and find as times goes on harder to remember it.I now Iโ€™ll need to find a new normal and lots of things will be changing for me.I spent a lot of my time putting everyone else before me and spent a lot of time stressed out in my role at work and trying to squeeze so much into my days.Its funny reflecting on your life, I guess if there are any positives to this nightmare then thatโ€™s it.i also used to plan on the calendar all the time and write lists-I definitely have abandoned that! Canโ€™t wait for the calendar to be free of sodden hospital appointments!

my birthday next Friday so whilst I have radiotherapy that day hopefully I can enjoy some treats too ๐Ÿฐ

hope everyone is doing ok and enjoying what they can sending love ๐Ÿ’• 

Highlighted

Gem I hope the rads go well. It sounds like you can see the finish line now. So glad your creativity is bubbling. Enjoy the ideas and the space to explore them. 

V exciting on cat front. And BTW she looks absolutely gorgeous. What a darling. Now that really is something to look forward to. 

๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

7F10DFE0-2258-48CF-B593-0421E6D31013.png

โ€ƒ

Highlighted

Hi so a cat deposit ended up being put down yesterday ๐Ÿฅฐ so excited as I needed something lovely to look forward to. As weโ€™ve said the COVID hasnโ€™t helped us all has it?? 

I think weโ€™ve done remarkably well and as soon as my last injection is done tonight I think Iโ€™ll feel chemo is done! I havenโ€™t reached that feeling yet.

oh re rads on the left...my lump was on my left side but they havenโ€™t mentioned breathing - Iโ€™ll phone and ask...but as someone said...Iโ€™m getting better at not over worrying and remembering to trust the professionals in the process will be able to help...thank God. And actually it must be tough if it doesnโ€™t feel they are as organised or communicative as they could be ๐Ÿ˜ž

I have been very lucky with my oncology and chemo team...theyโ€™ve dished out some โ€˜tough loveโ€™ Like 7 injections rather than 3/5 which is the norm and 10 rads not 5, but I know theyโ€™re doing it as they donโ€™t want to see me again ๐Ÿค—

Today strangely I woke up with the idea for some childrenโ€™s books that have been simmering in the back of my head for years...so either my creative brain is re-emerging or the drugs have helped ๐Ÿคฃ Itโ€™s nice to start feeling like myself After the pressure of the last 6 months...exciting!!!

So lucky to have this space with you all- itโ€™s great to truly be with people who โ€˜getโ€™ it...

Iโ€™ll post a photo of our new addition - Indie - sheโ€™ll be with us at the end of August which is great timing as treatment will be finished by then...whoop whoop!!

Highlighted

Shefgirl. Sounds so lovely that you were able to celebrate your daughters birthday in the garden. And with cakes and games ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Good luck for you too with the rads on the left side and all the breathing etc.  It does all sound like a lot to take in. COVID does not make any of this any easier does it. 

I too am taking herceptin into next year (March). My initial diagnosis was Dec and surgery in Jan. Takes a lot of time. Really feel for you that you have already had to go through all this once on your right side. Glad you are starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Take care though. Sending love ๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Good luck for next week. 

Highlighted

Jowels.  So sorry this all still feels like a battle. I bet you canโ€™t wait for all this to be over. You sound exhausted which is not surprising after all you have been through. Do you have to travel for a long time to get to the hospital?  

Sending lots of love. Take care and enjoy the weekend if you can relax. ๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿ’• 

Highlighted

Shefgirl sending you hugs for starting rads tomorrow,hope you get on ok with the breath hold.Good luck vibes coming your way.

so pleased you had a nice time for your daughters birthday ๐Ÿฐ 

I am so tired with disturbed sleep from hot flushes so Iโ€™m going to have to start getting into bed super early I think.
Lots of love x

Highlighted

Hi everyone

Hope you are all doing ok? The sun is out here which is lovely after a cold dull day yesterday. 

My daughter was 20 at the weekend so we had a lovely time sat in the garden eating cake and playing games. 

I start 10 days of rads tomorrow. I am also doing the left side breath hold and found out last week I have to wear a face mask at the same time! Will let you know how I get on!! I was winding myself up about it all but decided to turn up tomorrow and let the professionals take charge and get me through it! After all, theyโ€™ve seen it all and will know what to do if there are any issues. 

Once rads are done just the Herceptin injections into next year and will be restarting Tamoxifen after a 6 month break for the previous bc in right side!! 

I do feel like there is light now at the end of the treatment tunnel which for me started on Dec 3 with surgery. 

Keep going everyone.... 

lots of love x 

Highlighted

Gem 

That sounds lovely getting a kitten enjoy ๐Ÿ’–

The breathing thing is due to my breast cancer being left sided,so have to move chest so my heart out the way.Not ideal-the staff said had it of been right sided I could have just laid and relaxed,no danger of that with their constant instruction and counting.

i have only one appointment time for Monday which is not great as I want to be able to plan for our son. Due to covid Iโ€™ll have to be left at the door but we live too far away for them to go home so they will have to amuse themselves.I rang them this morning to ask for my times to no avail as they said oh you will get it Monday afternoon.Helpful as ever!

i thought this hospital would be more organised than my chemo unit hospital but it turns out no, more stuff to battle about.

just so draining when Iโ€™m already shattered.

hope everyone else is ok โ™ฅ๏ธโค๏ธXx

Highlighted

Gem. So sorry the filistram injections are so foul. Hope you get them over with quickly. No wonder there is an undercurrent going on all day if they are so painful. My hips are really starting to ache since starting anastrozole. It really gets you down doesnโ€™t it. Iโ€™m getting out in the garden today to distract myself. 

The hot flushes/night sweats are hideous. I get up and cool down now before going back to bed. I hope these pass for you soon though. ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Great that your PICC line is out and that youโ€™ve finally finished chemo  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿค—๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฐ Just the filistram and rads to go then. ๐Ÿ™

A kitten ๐Ÿฑ is the most fantastic idea. Ours are 2 years old and they have been a constant source of comfort and joy. Enjoy ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Take care and sending love ๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿค—

Highlighted

oh and sorry you have your surgery to come...big hugs...I had a lumpectomy and Iโ€™m doing ok - I hope yours goes really well too xxx

Highlighted

Ahhh Jowels...birthday week is s&@ยฃ but as you said you have to laugh or just breathe deep ๐Ÿ˜‰

Im the same I expected 1,week but they are doing one week and then a booster week starting at the end of July. 

Whatโ€™s the breathing thing? No one mentioned that on my planning meeting? TIA

off to search for kitten equipment! My light at the end of this ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Highlighted

soarkle54 - mine was TNBC too...and weโ€™ve done well to get through the surgery, chemo and radio to come. 

I think the โ€˜goodโ€™ thing about it is once treated our odds of getting it again are the same as if we reset and just be Joe Public.

My diet is good and Iโ€™ve always exercised, never smoked and barely drink so Iโ€™ve changed my water to a massive water filter and Iโ€™m going to grow/buy organic where I can. The other preventative measure Iโ€™m going to try is to limit work stress (my job is crazily stressful) so Iโ€™m looking into a total career change - Iโ€™m hoping all that helps!

Waiting on BRCA results and hoping they are negative too xx

Highlighted

WitchHazel...And everyone!!

I hope youโ€™re doing ok and the SE are passing? I have two more filistram injections and I bloody hate them...I have got to 5/7 so far in this last cycle so luckily only two to go but on the 4th I just wanted to run away. Iโ€™ve not got used to them at all and I find thereโ€™s a whole undercurrent I feel inside through the day until they are done. I take two paracetamol before which seems to help with the aches but they make me feel hotter (so I struggle to sleep). Iโ€™m also due on (my period has kept going throughout the 6 cycles of EC-T) which makes me hot too- and feeling a bit cranky/over sensitive - yikes

I had my PICC OUT TOO- Woo hoo...and CT planning meeting the day after last chemo on Wed. Iโ€™m moving more easily finally today and went for a walk down the back lane last night...a longer walk today hopefully as my radiotherapy instruction includes still shielding so I need to be super careful- my oncologist is total belt and braces which I try to be grateful for (even if I seem to have more Filistram injections than anyone with other oncologists ๐Ÿคฃ)

Iโ€™ve had a celebratory mint Cornetto but waiting on my beer until my mouth feels more my Own and my energy levels get better. Just trying to be a bit more patient if my body and proud of what itโ€™s managed so far ๐Ÿค—

lots of love to you all - big hugs Gem xxx

Highlighted

Salsa thank you-you are so right my brain is not functioning at all.So made it all more of a pain.

sorry to hear about the bone pain with anastrazole,itโ€™s the pits isnโ€™t it.Hope things settle for you.Im bloomin dreading the tamoxifen โ˜น๏ธ
im so pleased you are getting back to work from home,itโ€™s exciting ๐Ÿ’–but I totally get you have mixed feelings about it.Ill be the same when I start planning work (feel it may be a way off). Just think itโ€™s your next step to normality and you have come so far ๐Ÿ’“โ™ฅ๏ธ Hope your managers are postive and supportive of your phased return and you can take it steady.I will be making changes to my role for sure.
sending hugs ๐Ÿ’œ

Highlighted

Jowels. Sorry you found the scan stressful. Sounds awful and difficult like trying to tap your head and rub your tummy. Especially when our brains have been turning to mush. ๐Ÿคฏ

My bones are starting to ache now. But Iโ€™ve taken some pain killers and itโ€™s bearable. I think the effects of anastrozole are starting to kick in. ๐Ÿ˜– At least itโ€™s bearable. 

Mixed feelings about starting work. What to get back to things but also frightened I will not be able to focus. Anyway Iโ€™m going to have a gentle return. Only doing a couple of mornings for the first few weeks. 

Anyway I hope rads are okay. Just swing your boobs out and be proud. You are amazing. 

Highlighted

Salsa thank you so much lovely ๐Ÿ’œ

scan I found stressful as lots of prodding and poking,which made my scars sore and learning this breathing thing -the radiographer said do you need to breathe the same amount in and and out at the same depth and the right time.Jeez as if itโ€™s not bad enough lying on a cold hoard with your boobs out in front of staff!

Salsa how do you do you feel about starting to work from home?๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’“xx

Highlighted

Sparkle. It shouldnโ€™t have been ?????  It should have been celebratory emojis ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽŠ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿพ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŽ‚

Highlighted

Jowels. Lovely to hear from you and good luck with the rads. So two weeks โ˜น๏ธ Poor you. But if it stops the b*******d coming back itโ€™s a good thing. Enjoy the alcoholic beverages ๐Ÿฅ‚. You deserve them. I took an extra two weeks off before starting anastrozole. Glad I did. It all feels like a conveyor belt and I didnโ€™t even have rads. Enjoy the break and sending lots of love ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Good luck with the scan and learning your breathing and everything. My memory is much better now but I still write things down ๐Ÿคฏ

๐Ÿ˜˜

Highlighted

Sparkle. so pleased youโ€™ve finished chemo ???????????. I hope you enjoyed the curry and the beer. Sounds great. I hope the SEs have not floored you tho. 

It feels weird just waiting for surgery. I hope you can enjoy your time recovering from chemo and that the time passes quickly. I know googling things can be scary. I just hope the chemo and rads do their job. Sending love and take care ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

Julie. I hope your rads sessions are soon over. Does that mean rads everyday weekdays for 23 days so about 5 and half weeks?  Sounds intense so sending you massive hugs ๐Ÿค— 

The whole menopause thing with hormone treatment is just sick. The symptoms can be horrid but equally they can be over soon. I just hope it is kind to all of you. I have found plenty of tips that did help me. Such as avoiding hot drinks, alcohol and exercising. Seems unfair that you have add all that into the equation but it really did help me. 

Anyway take care and sending love. ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

Tracy. Iโ€™m so sorry youโ€™ve been feeling low. Itโ€™s not at all surprising it is all so overwhelming and apart from anything else it does make you feel physically awful which is enough to make anyone low.

So glad youโ€™ve finished chemo ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽŠ๐Ÿฅ‚

However, I wouldnโ€™t underestimate the effects of chemo. I finished 6 weeks ago and my eyelashes only started falling out last week. My hair is still falling out and my eyebrows are a shadow of their former self. I used to have v bushy eyebrows. Now I need a pencil not tweezers ๐Ÿ˜†  The fatigue is starting to lessen for me now but everyone is different and I still canโ€™t do too much  so definitely not back to normal.  Aparrently breathlessness is v common with taxol. A friend had it 10 years ago and she said it goes but it is unnerving 

I really donโ€™t know how the herceptin affects us. Feels a lot less than chemo but Iโ€™ll be glad to finish.  Not till next March.

I felt really low a while ago. I spent a while feeling sorry for myself. Getting outside helped and messaging on here. I found it hard to tell other people how miserable i felt as I want to be as positive as I can but sometimes itโ€™s hard.  Be kind to yourself and see if you can get some counselling  you so deserve it after what youโ€™ve been through and what you are still going through.

Take care ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

Nicole

Many congratulations ๐ŸŽŠ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿค—๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ on finishing chemo.  I do hope the Tiki bar celebration was fab. 

So now on to rads and tamoxifen. I hope these are okay for you. Iโ€™m not really sure how long Iโ€™ll be on anastrozole for. When I asked my oncologist he just said letโ€™s take each step as it comes and see how you get on with it.  What that means I donโ€™t know. But hey Iโ€™m just plodding on at the moment. It is so good to get out for a walk tho. Itโ€™s lovely out there. 

Keep well and take care. ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

Witchhazel My sleep has been affected ever since starting anastrozole but it is starting to get better I think. Apart from last night but I did have a few glasses of wine and Iโ€™ve read it isnโ€™t a great mix. Just have to be a bit healthier than I planned for a while. 

Hope your taste buds improve soon as you definitely deserve that celebration ๐ŸŽŠ ๐ŸŽ‰  ๐Ÿพ 

I was dreading going back to work but now Iโ€™m looking forward to it. Start on 20th but Iโ€™ll only be working from home. Totally understand the whole fear of going beyond the garden. Apart from exercise that it. 

Hope things start picking up soon. Take care. ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

Little update from me-spoke to nurse specialist about my radiotherapy today.

im to have one week then another booster week due to my age.Suprised again as was told one week but if it means stopping this b*****d coming back then Iโ€™ll have it!

planning scan Monday where Iโ€™ll learn the breathing stuff re heart.

then Iโ€™ll start Monday 20th my birthday the Friday So happy birthday to me ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

eek you have to laugh!

wrote everything down this morning as I cannot retain any information it seems.

so going to have a nice week and a few alcoholic beverages I think before next weeks appointments.ill be starting my tamoxifen 27th July as I asked for a couple of weeks off.

sending everyone hugs and remember how well we have done ๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธX

Highlighted

Ju72

i watched the same thing this morning, information was really good but Iโ€™m keeping it in my mind that I may not get s/e from tamoxifen.Im suffering now with the hot flushes so trying to find ways to manage them.Ill be on tamoxifen for 10years so Iโ€™ll have to find ways to manage.Hope side effects are ok for you too ๐Ÿ’œ