cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: March 2020 Chemo Starters

Hi Ju72

i sure have a lovely bottle of Chablis all ready,can’t wait.💐🥳🥳Yes one left on the 25th June all being well. If plans work out that is.

so A syringe driver is a syringe in a box pre set to deliver anti sickness medicine gradually over 24hrs.Its delivered by a short line in your tummy-renewed every 24hrs by nurses who come every day.

not sure it was worth it really as I’ve got two large sore areas on my tummy where the sites were and I still felt sick.Worth a try I guess.

i seem to be destined to suffer the side effects no matter what I try to do.

just can’t wait to be at the finish line like all of us ♥️

Highlighted

Tracy 

so sorry to hear you also on antibiotics and suffering with more than you should have to.As if it’s not bad enough.Really keeping things crossed you and Shefgirl can get your final treatments and get to the end of this nightmare.

Sending you hugs 💐🌸xx

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Sorry it’s been a little while since my last post. Been an up and down kind of week. Diagnosed with cellulitis in my face again last week and now been diagnosed with chemical cystitis. I’ve also got red itchy rash on my face near my cheekbones which we think is caused by the docetaxel. I’m on antibiotics for the cellulitis and get my bloods taken on Friday for my last chemo on 16th June. My chemo nurse advised me not to get my hopes up for next week though as the last cycle is often delayed because the body has taken such a hammering with previous cycles. She thinks my bloods will be too low to go ahead especially as my body is fighting an infection. But I live in hope. 

Jowels - impressed that you managed to get out for a couple of runs. Hope cycle 5 has been kinder to you. 

Ju - wish I had your willpower not to order treats when I do online shopping. Impressed you’ve managed to exercise every day. 

Salsa - lovely to hear from you. Hope your last session goes ahead as planned. Like you, I’m wondering what the side effects will be from herceptin on its own. 

Shefgirl - your wobble Wednesday is totally understandable and I’m glad the rads team were so supportive. It’s hard doing it on your own and the waiting around wouldn’t have helped either. Sorry to hear you’ve had your last chemo delayed due to your breast infection but good to know it’s being treated. I had no idea seroma could happen up to a year after surgery. Hoping things clear up for you soon so your last treatment can go ahead. 

This is my let’s be honest place about chemo side effects as I tend to just tell friends who ask that it’s ok. “Some good and bad days“ but don’t go into details. I think that unless you’ve been through it or are going through it you don’t really appreciate/understand the reality of chemo. Hubby sees the physical side effects and I’ll talk a little about how I’m feeling with him although usually I’ll just ask for a hug. I feel as if at the moment I’m focusing just on getting through each stage of the treatment broken down into small chunks. I think it’ll hit me once treatment stops and there’s no more hospital visits and it’s just down to follow ups. So I’ll have a serious think about counselling. 

Hope you’re all keeping well and the side effects aren’t too bad. 

Love and hugs

Tracy

🌹💖🌈

Highlighted

Jowels

youve had such a rough ride , have you  just got the one left now? Sorry but what's  a syringe driver? That doesnt sound very pleasant at all ? 

We are nearly there !! Hope youve  got the champers chilling too. Think you deserve a few bottles after what youve  been through 🥂🥳🎉😄

Highlighted

Ju72 

just read that your nearly at the finish line whoop 

so pleased you have the champers chilling ♥️🌸well deserved x

Highlighted

Ju72

hope you are doing ok?

ive had number 5 on Thursday and it was hell as usual 

just up today.Had a syringe driver which helped but brought its own issues!X

Highlighted

Shefgirl 

I’m gutted for you,sending you such a massive hug.You couldn’t write it could you.Hope those antibiotics kick in quick and it goes quickly for you,as if you haven’t been through enough.You have done amazing never forget that 💐🌸

xxx

Highlighted

Sorry, should also have said a huge thank you to all of you who have left positive comments and words of encouragement after my Wednesday wobble last week. 

It was deeply appreciated and meant a lot. 

I am feeling much better despite my chemo being cancelled and am trying to open up a bit more about how I am feeling. It is hard because you naturally want to protect your family and friends but you do have to look after yourself too xx 

Highlighted

Arh Shefgirl

I'm so sorry that chemo is postponed but on the bright side at least the infection was found and can be treated. Fingers crossed you can go ahead next week 🤞I never use to hate needles but over the last 6 months I've had a few the same as you.  So now I dread them. Lol 

Its number 5 this Friday,  if my bloods are ok. Will find out tomoro at my onco app. Having a face to face one this time with starting T they wanted to see me. So if friday goes ahead I've one more to do. So 3 weeks on Friday could be my last chemo. Woop woop the champers is chilling already 🥂🥰  thanks for asking shefgirl 😘

Take care 

Julie  x

Highlighted

Hi everyone 

You are right about the weather Ju72- where is the sunshine? Hope all is good with you? When is your next chemo? How many to go? 

So tomorrow should have been my final chemo but it is now postponed due to a breast infection! Most likely it is a seroma from surgery in December! Apparently these can occur up to a year after an operation. Anyway, long story short, it was picked up at my rads planning scan and today I had an ultrasound and had it drained. Yet more needles! 

So that is me on antibiotics for the week. Have a review next week to see if final chemo can go ahead ... so close to that finish 😢 

Hope that everyone is well and treatment going ok? 

Take care everyone xx 

Highlighted

Afternoon ladies 

Just checking in with everyone to see how their treatment is going and just checking everyone is doing ok. 

Massive change in the weather this week , isnt there. But I refuse to put the heating back on lol 

Hope everyone is keeping well and safe.  

Hugs to you all 🤗🤗🤗

Highlighted

Jowels 

I hope things do go to plan today and the cyclizine works. I know you’ve had a really rough ride with your last four treatments so I’m really hoping things improve for you. Also I hope the team have finally got their act together and look after you better. 

Will be thinking of you today. sending hugs 🤗 😘 

Highlighted

Ju

Thanks for your lovely message  

I’m so pleased you started to feel a bit better at the end of last week. But I’m so impressed with everything you’ve been doing. It puts me to shame. And for your resolution in not ordering treats. Afraid I have ordered some chocolate for this weekend. I’m going to try shifting all the weight when I finish chemo as I just don’t feel up to it yet. 

You take it easy and take care. But 15 mins of exercise everyday. 👏👏👏👏👏👏

😘

Highlighted

Morning everyone

just a quick one as getting sorted for cycle 5 at 1pm.

Apparently today I’m going home with a syringe driver with cyclizine in so hoping this works.As you all know the communication hasn’t been great so let’s see what actually happens when I get there.

I know a few of us are feeling up and down and feeling not ourselves.Im the exact same and found that the tears can help me sometimes as they are good outlet.I used to keep them hidden and now I’ve come to realise that it’s got to come out now.I guess at each stage there is something else to manage and curve balls coming our way.

Anway I’m sending all of you a massive hug and we are all in it together.As a usual I’ll be a bit quieter after today due to s/e.

lots of love and thank you all for your support love and kind wishes ♥️❤️💜

Highlighted

Ju72 

so good to hear you are getting strength back after this cycle.Hope you can enjoy everything you can whilst feeling a bit better.I so know what you mean re the treats -I’ve reduced mine too as I was going crazy with them 😂

good luck on your next cycle lovely 💕x

Highlighted

Shefgirl 

I can’t imagine how hard Wednesday was after being there two years ago.Certainly made worse my doing these appointments all on your own.Sending you such a massive hug.

hope you can treat yourself to something lovely over the next few days ❤️We are all here for you x

Highlighted

Good morning all ,

Sorry I've been a little quiet this week . I've read all your posts . My memory is shocking so had to make notes in order to reply to you. 

Gem wow you put me to shame doing yoga , hope its helping and that you're feeling much better now. 

Jowels how you feeling after round 5 ? How many more have you got to have now ? You are wonder woman going out for runs. I'm exhausted just thinking about running 😄

Shefgirl , the end is in sight with your last T next week , its truly awful having to attend hospital app on your own. So I totally get the wednesday wobble. Hope the rads ct scan went ok. Almost there 💪

Tmmorriss thanks for the Insight and advice on the 2nd T . Your doing ak well. Aww it must be so difficult to explain cancer to your little girl. Bless her 🤗 hope your feeling ok. 

Salsa sorry to hear you had a bad week last week , although totally understandable. Hope your feeling better this week. Its fab that the end is in sight for you 🤞

I started to feel better last friday , day 8 and I've gone from strength to strength. I've got more energy this week , even managed to do my housework , clean the oven,  windows and do 15 mins of exercise each day. I've still got some SE but they're manageable. Need to shift this white carb and treat weight I've put on , turned into a 🐷 . Not ordered any treats with the online shop this week. Lol 

Anyway sorry for the long post , I think you are all amazing. Thank you for the tips and advice . 

Have a fab day 

Xx

Highlighted

Oh Shefgirl it sounds like a really heavy day. Hospital visits are stressful enough but it’s hard to be facing all that alone without someone beside you. 

So sorry this is only 2 years since last bc diagnosis. I think it’s hardly surprising you had a wobble weds.  Be odd if you didn’t with all that. It’s rather overwhelming. Thinking of you today and sending hugs 🤗 

Take care 😘 

Highlighted

Big hugs Shefgirl!

Wobble Wednesday is totally ok...and totally understandable and actually well done for being vulnerable enough (or pissed off enough or afraid enough or however you felt enough) to let all that emotion go...It’s now not in you - that’s a good thing.

it must have been very tough being back there...then as you said...pile on the Covid situation, the lack of usual forms of support...well done for getting through the door and still having the scan...you must be proud of yourself...and if not I am...to be so strong and keep going when things are hard is to be celebrated!!! To trust and have faith in the staff is the only way I’ve learnt over time to get on with things. I watched  something yesterday which said of these two incredible women that they’d learnt to be their own knight in shining armour but not damsel in distress - that resonated with me and many people I know...we always feel we have to be ‘strong’ and we’ve lost the okness to ask for help...

sorry I’ve gone off on my thoughts for the week...

Pat on the back (MASSIVE ONE) for yesterday...it’s a **bleep** **bleep** situation made harder by things as they are but you still walked through that door and had your appointment - that’s nothing short of fantastic.

Although one of my day jobs is a counsellor I am also on the waiting List...it’s important we have a private space to dump all of these feelings into...process them...look at them...for all of us there will have been (and still be) a lot of thoughts, emotions all spinning around and allowing someone (who won’t be impacted by them) to see, hear and validate what we have been through is precious and important.

Today I hope you have some joy in some form...it sounds like you were loved and looked after yesterday...big hugs xx

Highlighted

Good to hear from you Salsa and thanks for taking the time to reply to each one of us. 

Today has been a tough one for me and will go down as Wobble Wednesday. Combination of having to revisit radiotherapy dept only 2 years after previous bc diagnosis; Covid restrictions which meant no hubby and having to wait over an hour plus issues with my CT scan. 

Net result...a major wobble with tears etc. Have to say the staff were ace and got me through the scan and made sure I was ok before I left. Have given me information re counselling which I am seriously considering as so much other support is currently unavailable.

Anyway, know that you will all understand. It was good to talk today with someone and I guess I need to do more of this. 

Hope everyone is doing ok xx 

Highlighted

Hi all

Just catching up on all your news. Sorry for the long post.  But you are all so amazing  😉 and thank you for all your posts  😘 

Witchhazel - sorry you are struggling so much with docletaxol. Hope things are easing off now. Hope the cold cap is still working for you. 

Tmmorriss - so sorry about the cellulitis. Looked like nasty. Hope that has all cleared up now. I have incredibly red cheeks but it’s just a mixture of the steroids and taxol. Sorry your first round was so hard but glad the 2nd was a bit easier. The first round sounded baaad. 

Glad the herceptin wasn’t as bad as you expected.  I find it okay but I’m curious to know what the side effects are for me.  I have no idea as I think all the SEs relate to chemo. Be interesting to see what’s it’s like when I’m not having chemo.  I do hope they do reduce the treatment to 6 months.  Waiting to hear  

Your comments on the bell really made me think.  I’d love to ring a bell in one way but met a lovely lady the other week who has no end in sight as her cancer returned and returned. It’s a hard one

It must be so hard to try and deal with all this stuff and Covid with a 5 year old. It’s so hard not to see family and friends.  Enjoy the time with your little girl and have as much fun as you can. When you have the energy  

Nicole - hope you are okay on the taxol regime. Sorry about the lower back pain. The thing that helped me most after paracetamol was going for a walk and physio. Slowly it improved for me.   I’ve had lots of tingling and some pain in my feet but it comes and goes so they are not so worried about it  

Ju72 - sorry to hear you are suffering aches.  Sounds awful.  My sleep is often disturbed for the first few days. Makes me feel disoriented Interested in the bit D and fish oil  I was advised by the surgeon to take multi vitamins and the nurse said it would be fine to continue but before I asked her I’d been advised not to take any supplements so I stopped taking them for a few weeks  once I’d started again my blood levels improved  

Jowels - I’m so sorry to hear about the hot flushes.  Horrendous, especially as you are only 40.  I hit the menopause at 39 after fertility treatment.  Hitting it that early is a real emotional rollercoaster.  I really feel for you.  What with cancer as well.  What a lovely package  NOT  

The thrush doesn’t sound great either.  It really is a pain.  I bet you can’t wait for all this to be over  

So impressed with the runs but feeling for you now that another round has come along.  Sending hugs and hope this time it’s not so bad  😘 

Shi - how are you doing? Thank you so much for all your little gems of advice  😘 

Gem - sorry about the pains you are getting. They sound awful. Had some aches and pains but nothing too dibilitating. Walking really did improve it for me. I hope you get decent painkillers. Shefgirl is right. Don’t suffer in silence.  Enjoy the treats.  You deserve them.  We all do.  Champagne  great idea 

A big shout out to everyone home schooling. It must be exhausting. 😘 

Wildspur - so glad Paclitaxol is easier than FEC. I’m on that and it has been okay although I’m beginning to feel really tired now and have really red and itchy skin. I have been wiped out a few times but most days I just rest in the afternoon.  Still it does sound like nothing compared to what some of you have been thru. 

Shefgirl - thanks for the great recommendations. Love the rose too. I can’t wait to get out and about but realise this is probably not going to be until the end of the year. 

How long do you expect to take herceptin for?  

I am starting to wonder about my mental recovery. I’m going to start looking for some counselling. I think I’m going to need something to come to terms with all this. Plus my Dad died last year so what with the diagnosis and everything 2019 and 2020 have not been great. Still I am feeling incredibly lucky to be told that this is all treatable. My Mum wasn’t so lucky with her cancer 26 years ago. I will still get that camper van 😁

At the moment my garden does feel like my refuge and it is so good to be out there. Here’s to all of you and hope you all have some good times soon. 😘 

Highlighted

Jowels. Thank you my lovely. It is so kind of you to congratulate me when you still have 2 more to go. Now I’ve got so near I don’t know how I’d feel if they pulled that rug from under me. You are amazing to be so strong and still posting so postively and so regularly here. You go girl. 😘

Highlighted

Salsa

wow you nearly there too that’s brill

so pleased for you 

I know what you mean re tiredness I’m shattered.

sending you hugs and ready to do a little kitchen dance for you and Shefgirl being finished the chemo ♥️🌸💓

Highlighted

IHello lovelies 

I do hope you are all coping okay with everything that life is throwing at you. So sorry 😐 I’ve been quiet. Felt properly fed up last week. Don’t know why but I did. Just wanted to hide under a rock for a bit. Feel okay now. Tired a lot and itchy skin and cranky but otherwise all good. Good news is tho that I have done 11 of 12 sessions. If they let me do next Monday I finish. Just have to wait and see how my bloods are. 

I am trying to catch up on all your news so I’ll post properly later. Maybe tomorrow. Going to lie on the sofa now and watch tv with hubby. Just wanted to say hi and to send you my love and positive vibes. 

😘 

Highlighted

Hi Gem333

Glad to hear the pain has eased up a bit. 

Yes, have had 2nd dose of T and as others have said, side effects were much more manageable including the back pain. I think once you know what to expect you can be better prepared and have the painkillers, hot water bottle to hand. Anyway, will let you know as last T next Weds... will be so happy to be done! 

Decided not to ring the bell on the ward until all Herceptin jabs done as this will really mark the end of treatment. 

Take care everyone x 

Highlighted

Thanks Gem it sure is 💜

Hugs x

Highlighted

Jowels I’m glad you managed to get a couple more runs in...it is so tough going back from feeling ok into days in bed isn’t it...big hugs xx

Highlighted

Tmmorriss that is soo good to hear about your round 2 of T and definitely gives me hope...

I will try paracetamol before injection tonight xx

Highlighted

Tmmorris so pleased you are better on number 2 that’s lovely to hear.i feel your pain re conversation with your daughter I have those sort with my 5 year old son 💔it’s awful.My son said today he can’t wait for things to go back to normal when I’m not poorly.

Apparently the out of hours team will be renewing a syringe driver for me after Thursday to help with the nausea but let’s see what actually happens.As you all know I haven’t had a great experience so far sadly.Id love to not feel so ill but won’t get my hopes up.Only 2 more I guess.

ive done another couple of runs which was lush.Bitter sweet really knowing I’ll be in bed from Thursday for a week but I can’t change that.

shefgirl hope your scan for radiotherapy goes ok and you get your plan soon.

sending hugs to everyone 💐💓

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

The good news is that my 2nd cycle of docetaxel was a walk in the park compared to the 1st side effects wise. I did have aching legs but took paracetamol after checking my temperature but no back pain with the 2nd dose and the pain was nowhere near as intense. Plus I didn’t feel as wiped out. Sat and watched box sets for a couple of days but the time before I was out of action for a week. So there’s light at the end of the tunnel for those suffering from the 1st docetaxel. It does get better. Cotton wool mouth, taste bud changes, dry flaking skin, tingling fingers and toes, and looser stools but I’ve got some energy! Although those of you who’ve managed to run, cycle on an exercise bike or do yoga put me to shame.

Jowels - good luck for your next round of chemo.  

Shefgirl - good luck with your rads scan.  

Nicole, Gem & Ju - hope my experiences on docetaxel help give light at the end of the tunnel. I always take a paracetamol half an hour before my zarzio injections as advised by my clinical oncology nurse. Hope your next round isn’t as bad for you. 

Slightly emotional on Saturday when my 5 year old daughter asked “Mummy how did you catch cancer? Was it germs?”  All I could do was reassure her it isn’t contagious and you can’t catch it off someone who’s already got it unlike coronavirus. 

love and hugs to all

🌹🌈💖

Highlighted

Shef girl Have you had another dose of T since? Xx

Highlighted

Hi all,

thank you 🥰

I had tried my yoga breathing but not sure that was enough...managed to get hold of my partner who’s sleeping downstairs and he cane up with paracetamol and a wheat bag...i couldn’t believe the difference...honestly was writhing in pain lower back and hip And now I feel much better.

oncology nurse Phoned to see how I was doing as a check up call and I said...she explained why it had hurt so much and suggested paracetamol tonight before my injection tonight...two more to go 🤦🏻‍♀️ Can’t quite believe how overwhelming the pain was 😳

Hope you’re all doing ok and glad some of you are so close to last dose...

We are near the sea in Plymouth but I’m staying home until I’m through treatment too...then planning a kitten to transition back into the world 😍xx

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

Just a quick message to wish you all the best for round 5 tomorrow ... the end is in sight! 

I have my radiotherapy planning CT tomorrow and last round of T next Weds so they are cracking on with my treatment! 

No plans however to go out into the wider world until all treatment complete and even then will probably only be a trip out in the car to a local country park! We are miles away from any beach but glad that you got the chance to get to the seaside... bet it was great to do something “normal”. 

Anyway, keep us posted and hope the T is kinder to you this time xx 

Highlighted

Hi Gem333

Sorry to hear about the back pain.

I had exactly the same with my first T dose. I was also taking the injections. I tried paracetamol and a hot water bottle but after 8 hours of pain and back spasms I contacted the chemo line and spoke to the nurse there to agree I could up the painkillers. 

Don’t suffer in silence and give the chemo line a ring for help and advice. 

Good luck x

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Gem ❤️ Epsom salt baths helped with the feeling of being in a voice caused by the t 😘 that and you just have to go with a funny walk to try and find a bit of what feels comfier 👍 it can feel like being in a vice, but you can do this, you know you can ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi all...

I felt like I was doing well enough on T - first dose and round 4 (a bit of a sore mouth, a few fleeting shooting pains and tiredness- but at least I’ve slept (Unlike how I was on the EC) but last night and now is awful...

Very bad pain in my low back and right hip...I’m not sure if it’s the T or the Zarzio combined with T (I have 2 injections left)...

I’m not sure what to do to help myself...if I walk it’s bad and pulsates when I sit back down but not sure I’m helping myself staying still - going to check temp and try paracetamol- any other ideas- should I keep trying to walk? Xx

Highlighted

Gem ah it was really felt like a small bit of normal for me ❤️
thank you for your well wishes for Thursday,want it over with now I guess even though I dread it.

Champagne sounds like a lush idea to look forward to for sure 💕

hope you can manage some other treats 

I’ve had to curb the treats as I was having way too many 😂

hope your next cycle goes ok lovely 😘

ju72 glad you managing ok on the T and able to enjoy some treats too 🌸

hugs to all of you lovelies 🌸

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi ju72, think it’s Loratadine that you think the l antihistamine is, but do check with your teams to ensure it is ok to take. Hope this helps 💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Ahh yay to your run! Sounds so lovely!! 🤗

Hope number 5 goes well on Thursday! No matter where I am in the cycle I can’t manage a drink even though I fancy one so I’ve ordered some champagne glasses (as I broke my favourite 15 year old one) with chemo clumsiness and I’m going to put aside a little bit of money each week to buy a real bottle of champagne when I’m through 🥳xx

Highlighted

Morning Everyone 

Hooe everyone is feeling ok and not suffering too much with side effects.

The T asnt been too bad so far , other than the achy bones the first 4 days , but I've done some research and found that an antihistamine that begins with L , sorry cant remember the full name. Can help sometimes. So I've actually managed to get some. 

I've had a few tingles  in my hands and feet , but nothing major. And the cotton wool mouth and taste bud changes and now the 💩 but nothing major. So I'm pretty happy I seem to of escaped with minimal side effects this far. 

Another sunny day here so I'm going to move myself a little today and crack on with the house work before it becomes too hot. 

Hope you all enjoy your day. Sending love and hugs to each and everyone kf you lovely ladies. 

Xx

Highlighted

Morning everyone 

hope everyone is doing ok.Yesterday we went to the beach very early in the morning and I managed a little run 🏃‍♀️ whoop.I so enjoyed it ❤️
Was good to be out and I felt safe as boys were on people watch but we saw very few  in the distance thank goodness.

last weekend before number 5 on Thursday,so will be enjoying a glass of something tonight and something good to watch.

sending you all hugs 🌸💓hope you can enjoy some nice things xxx

Highlighted

Hi Shi,

Thanks for the heads up on tingling in fingers and toes with docetaxel. I had some first time around so they’re monitoring it for now. 

love and hugs
🌹💖🌈

Highlighted

Hi Nicole,

My back pain lasted about a 3-4 days but I didn’t take anything for it first time around. I will be this time if it kicks in again. I did notice tingling in both my fingers and toes and mentioned it to my oncology nurse. They’re keeping an eye on it as it might mean they need to reduce my docetaxel dosage so as not to cause permanent damage. 

So relieved no sickness and glad you haven’t had any too. 

Love and hugs

🌹💖🌈

Highlighted

Hi Shefgirl 

pleased you feeling a lot more human now and able to enjoy the sunshine.Hope also you are able to have a few treats 💕

pleased you have a plan going forward.As per usual I’ll be waiting for my plan!

bet you can’t wait for last one to come.My 5th one is Thursday 4th so my last 25th June all being well.

sending you lots of hugs 💕🌸💐

Highlighted

Hi everyone! 

Another glorious day 😎☀️ Hope that you are all managing to enjoy some of it! 

Day 8 since 2nd round of docetaxol and definitely feeling more human. Had horrible bloating and chemo belly for 2 days but drinking more water has sorted that and my cotton wool mouth has settled down too. 

Been booked in for a CT scan next week as part of radiotherapy planning although still not clear how many rad sessions they want me to have. But they seem keen to get treatment wrapped up ASAP and believe rads will start 3 weeks

57505E30-02FB-46A4-B21B-774251E5B0AA.jpeg

after my last chemo on 10 June. 

In the meantime, time in the garden! Sending some virtual roses and hugs to all of the lovely women in this group. Take care all xx 

Highlighted

Thank you all for your help around T and the reassurance around the anti sickness meds...I too had steroids the day before, yesterday and two more doses today...They did give me a strong anti sickness just before I had my treatment.

So, so relieved I didn’t have an allergic reaction as that felt like a very real fear!

I agree so much with you all around his lucky we are to have each other to check in with and share. It’s hard explaining everything to people who aren’t going though the rollercoaster and I get bored of talking about it all and like to try to keep my mind distracted (for as long as I can manage my concentration 😉

I’ve noticed this morning that I don’t feel as out of breath so far with this dose which was very weird for me on the EC.

on the days I can I get on the exercise bike (slowly) and it’s been good to be able to build up to an hour on a good week 🙂 I can’t wait to go out walking properly but that’ll be after radio I think.

i think trying t think of how to go ahead with our lives after cancer and in the Covid changed world will take some processing And my counselling head tries to work through some of it gently now...it’ll be good to do some work alongside another counsellor when I can though xx

Take care everyone and I hope the pains, pins and needles, tiredness ease xxx

Highlighted

tmmorris 

I totally agree that both of our children are at a young enough age to cope seeing us go through this.I totally share your thoughts on this though it’s just so hard as they shouldn’t have to see it let’s face it.I know what you mean about us being vulnerable though too as I’m forever explaining that we can’t do certain things and that he wouldn’t have been able to go back to school whilst I’m in treatment.he has accepted this and like you we do what we can to be honest where we can be without scary him obviously.i still have little meltdowns about it from time to time but I’ll not worry about that.

what you said about cancer changing you really resonates with me for sure.My perspective on nearly everything has changed without me realising it I guess.All positive though as I’ve not given enough care to myself but have always given it all to others -not from now though.

you are correct about being on here as we all get it and have each other’s back which is really comforting.

sending hugs 🌸💕

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Check with your teams about tingling in hands and feet when on t, they need to keep check on you do no permanent damage is done to nerves in hands and feet ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi tmmorriss,

Did your back pain stay throughout or did it ease at all? I took paracetamol yesterday as throughout the night I kept waking up in pain like it was in spasm. I’ve have had baths and I’m using a hot water bottle too! 

Have you experienced any tingling in your hands? Last night and today I noticed my right hand had a weird tingling sensation in it 😕 

I'm glad you haven’t had any sickness, it definitely makes it worse with sickness doesn’t it! 

xx

Highlighted

Hi Nicole,

I’ve had lower back pain too with the docetaxel. I was told by my clinical oncology nurse that I can take paracetamol for it if needed providing I check my temperature before taking it. I didn’t first time around but might this time depending on how bad it gets. 

Glad to hear you haven’t needed the anti sickness. I got given 4 before having my docetaxel and the just in case ones which I must admit I’ve taken today as a precaution although I haven’t actually experienced any nausea yet. 

Hope you get through the rest of the cycle without many other side effects. 

love and hugs to all 

🌹💖🌈