cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

March 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: March 2020 Chemo Starters

Sparkle well done πŸ‘πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸ’œ

hope you can celebrate properly soon once side effects have gone.Enjoy what you can in interim β™₯️

Highlighted

Tracy 

sorry to hear you are feeling low,totally understandable.So much to all take in and next steps of treatment to contend with.Sending hugs are remember how far you have come πŸ’“β€οΈX

Highlighted

Thank you πŸ’š,

Last chemo went well and had the picc line removed after, such a relief can now have a poper bath and shower without the plastic sleeve.

No bell to ring at the dental hospital where the chemo takes place so rang my new pink bicycle bell when I got home and managed a beer and takeaway to celebrate before my side effects kick in on Saturday.

Nothing to do now until surgery on 14th August, feel a bit lost as the hospital visits were my only contact with the outside life.

Not been advised of any medication I will need to take as my tumour was not hormone receptive, and googling TNBC was a mistake as it implied there was not much that could help apart from Chemo, surgery and Rads. Got to keep off google,it can seriously kill a good mood.

Anyway stay safe everyone, take careand good luck with all our next treatments.

πŸ€—β€οΈβ™₯️

Highlighted

Nicole07

Looks like we will be following the same lath at the same time , other than im having 23 radiotherapy sessions. But will also be on tamoxifen for 5 years. 

I watched a live broadcast last night on facebook about the side effects on hormone therapy . For anyone unsure what maybe be ahead I'd give it a watch. It's on the breast cancer now page. Must admit I'm not looking forward to the side effects of this drug but hopefully I'll escape the major issues that come with it. It's just pants that you go through surgery and chemo thinking the worst is over but then have to face more side effects from rads and hormone therapy. That said I'd probably be going through the menopause soon so may as well get it out the way. 

Once this cycle is over I'll be starting a fitness regime to build my strength up and lose some weight. I've tried to exercise during chemo on the weeks I've felt more normal. 

My taste buds are still struggling to find some food or drink that actually tastes nice. But they tend to come back at the end of week 2. 

Well done tmmorris on your last chemo,  hope you enjoy your celebrations . 

And well done sparkle hopefully after this next week of side effects you can so celebrate finishing chemo. 

And so we all seem to be on to the next stage of out treatment,  good luck to everyone starting rads and hormone treatment. Will be interesting to see how we all cope with these and handy to share tips. 

Hope everyone as a great weekend. 

Well done all πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

sorry it’s been a while again. Congrats to all who’ve finished chemo and good luck to all those about to start radiotherapy. I’ve had my ct planning appointment and start 5 sessions of radiotherapy this coming Monday. Bit nervous but the radiotherapy team assure me it’s not as bad as chemo so we’ll see. 

I met with my breast surgeon on 29th June - they fitted me in as otherwise it would have clashed with my radiotherapy. It was a bit strange as no physical examination as such. He looked (all wearing PPE) and asked me to squeeze my breast myself so he could have a look at any discharge but nothing came out. I was also worried as my nipple has been slightly inverted since surgery but I guessed this was due to where the lump was (very close to nipple). I got the all clear so that’s a relief. 

I was lucky and got to have a face to face meeting with the oncologist who’s in charge of radiotherapy so I was able to ask lots of questions although hubby wasn’t allowed to come with me. Feeling slightly less nervous but still wondering how my skin will react to the radiotherapy. My breast cancer was on the left hand side but they don’t do breath hold technique at the hospital where I’m having treatment. I’ve been told I’ll be having radiotherapy from the sides to try and minimise damage to my heart and lungs. I’ll have a follow up appointment 6 weeks after radiotherapy to check on how my skin has recovered. 

I must admit I’m feeling a bit low. I’m not sure if it’s late side effects from docetaxel or side effects from herceptin as when I read up on them it could be either although last chemo 3 weeks ago so think more likely herceptin. I think I’d built up the end of chemo and assumed that would be the end of side effects apart from maybe fatigue. I’m having problems sleeping, sticky eyes, loss of appetite and food tastes funny/weird and feel so tired all the time.  I’ve got a telephone consultation with my oncology nurse 22nd July so will have a chance to discuss side effects then.  Luckily my injections finish 10th November so hoping taste buds back to normal so I can enjoy Christmas dinner.  I’m also going to check when my immunity will be back to normal as originally told immune system compromised whilst on herceptin and definitely sending Isabella back to school in September.  She hasn’t gone back to nursery but don’t want her to miss out on the start of year 1.  

I admire all you ladies who’ve managed to keep up some form of exercise. My fitness levels weren’t great before I started chemo but I get out of breath so much easier now and struggle even with short walks. Hubby is trying to get me a foldaway treadmill but they’ve been out of stock since the start of the pandemic.  In the meantime he’s found an old exercise bike that I’m going to try and use. 

Good luck also to those about to start on either anaztrozole or tamoxifen.

Bye for now

Tracy πŸ’–πŸŒΉπŸŒˆπŸ©πŸ₯‚πŸΎ

Highlighted

Hi everyone! 

Congratulations to all those who have finished chemo! πŸ₯³ I had my final one last Wednesday and almost over the worse of the Side effects! Going to have a social distanced celebration at my parents new Garden tiki bar on Saturday!πŸ₯‚πŸ»

Also found out I’ll be having 19 sessions of radiotherapy at the end of July and starting 5 years of tamoxifen at the same time! 

I do wonder how they make the decision between having them for 5 Or 10 years, as at different times I was told it would probably be tamoxifen for 10 years πŸ€”

Hope you’re all well and staying safe! 
xx

Highlighted

Salsa thank you lovely 

it’s the pits for sure,but you are so right.Just want to keep it from coming back for sure 😘

hope you get some decent nights sleep soon πŸ’“

witch hazel -they are cool pads you can put in bed I have one on pillow one on feet πŸ˜‚Amazon.

you  can always fill a hot water bottle with cold water and put this in bed before you go up and this cools the bed clothes.
heading off for a little run πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ 

hope everyone can have a nice day πŸ’œxx

Highlighted

I think I'll be on anastrazole, so I'll look at some cold pillows, are they pillows or cool pads? I'm post-menopausal though, and the chemo flushes were bad enough, so I hope I don't add more to it! My sleep's been patchy the last 3/4 days, think that's down to the filigrastim making bits of me ache. Last needle today!

Wondering if my fingernails are going to survive, keeping them as short as I can. Haven't had a celebration anything yet as most stuff tastes like dust still.

Definitely freaked about going back to work, well, about going beyond the garden if I'm honest having barely been anywhere in months...

Lots of love to everyone starting on the next step, good luck with the last session today Sparkle!

Highlighted

Jowels. The cool pillows sound like a good idea. I might give them a try. Really sorry you’ve been having hot flushes. They are horrid. It really does feel like a nasty joke. You get thru surgery and chemo only to face all the joys of menopause. In my lower omens I am throroughly p****d off about it. But if it stops the cancel coming back then i’m grateful they have discovered this treatment.  We kust have to get past the first few months as the DEs are supposed to lessen then 🀞 

take care. 😘 

Highlighted

Hi Salsa

sorry to hear about the sleep lovely ,I know what you mean and it’s not nice.hoping it’s short lived for you.Hope you can get lie ins where possible too.

thank you for your kind wishes re tamoxifen.The hot flushes from chemo have so far been horrendous,argh so can’t say I’m keen on more of them.I now have two fans going either side of the bed and two cool pillows in my bed.
I hate disrupted sleep it really knocks me,but I’m using head space when I wake up so I don’t get het up.

nothing simple is it!πŸ˜‚

sending hugs xx 

Highlighted

Sparkle. I meant to ask. What surgery are you having in Aug? 😘 

Highlighted

Sparkle.  Good luck with your last session tomorrow. I do hope it all goes smoothly and the SEs are v small. 

Sending you positive vibes and love πŸ’• and hugs πŸ€— 

Highlighted

Jowels. I hope your consultation goes well on Friday. 

I started anstrozole on Monday. I feel okay so far but I have woken up every night and I do remember a lot of sleepless night when I went through the menopause. Was awake for about two hours last night but as I didn’t have to get for anything I just slept in this morning. So I’m waiting to see how it goes. I do wish you all the best with tamoxifen. I hope it goes okay for you. Sending lots of love my lovely 😊 😘  

Highlighted

Gem. So pleased it all went ahead as planned. No transfusion πŸ˜ƒ PICC line out 😁

So many congratulations on finishing chemo. Woop woop πŸ™ŒπŸ’πŸ₯‚πŸŒˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽˆπŸŽ‚. Such fantastic news. I just hope the SEs are light and you feel well enough to really celebrate soon. 

Highlighted

Shefgirl. So pleased your wound is healing and you can get on with rads. Hope it goes smoothly and it isn’t too far for you. Plan treats. 

Im on herceptin too. Been having it every three weeks since early March. It seems okay so far. My latest ECG was fine so my oncologist wants me to continue for as long as I can up to a year. How are you finding it? 

Sendung love and best wishes for next week. 😘 πŸ€— 

Highlighted

Hi Sparkle,

ahhh good luck for tomorrow!!! Last one πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³ Belt and braces as my oncologist says...I hope all goes well! As you said it’s strange not seeing them in person, I was lucky to meet mine back in Feb so at least I know what he looks like!

humm yes the idea of work is a strange one and I guess lots of us will feel freaked about it so you’re in good company.

I’m going to ring the bell after my 10 radio sessions...CT planning tomorrow using my markers - hoping my steroids keep me going to get there 🀣

Lots of love to everyone! I’ll do a kitchen wiggle...lead legs πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

xx

Highlighted

Ah thanks Shefgirl...

I can’t quite believe that was last chemo yet...I’m sure it will sink in πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ₯³

Highlighted

Hi Julie!! Thanks!

and no transfusion- they compromised with a month of iron  tablets! 

0E29B85E-5A88-4BF3-9E9E-35EB8DC3E89E.jpeg

 

Had a brownie I made in advance For celebration and a nap on the sofa!! What a day and getting my PICC out too! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

Good luck too for everyone’s next steps...who else has chemo to finish! 

Highlighted

Hi Everyone,

Gem as you thought I was advised to have my last chemo just in case there are still cancer cells lurking, so last one is tomorrow. 

Don't think there is even an option to ring a bell as all chemo and line care is held in a dental hospital sitting in dentists chairs. Not even sure if ringing is appropriate anyway as chemo is the first stage of my treatment. Next stop surgery in August. 

Congratulations on finishing chemo and all the best for the next steps. 

It's strange but like many of you I will probably get through this journey without ever seeing the oncology consultant. It's a virtual world now.

Anyway take care everyone and good luck for all your next stages whether it's treatment, returning to work(which I'm slightly freaking out about) or just getting back to some kind of normal. 

β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ€—πŸ€—

Highlighted

Hi lovelies 

gem a huge well done on your last chemo  lovely, ill do a kitchen dance for you at the weekend πŸ’ƒ

Shefgirl,so pleased you able to get cracking with radiotherapy and wound  healing πŸ‘how you feeling in yourself?

my ct planning scan not until Monday but I do have a phone appointment with consultant Friday where I hope to learn more.

I will start Tamoxifen in just under 2 weeks.

salsa -how you going with the anastrazole?πŸ’œ

lots of love xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

wondered how your planning CT went today? 

I have seen nurse re my wound today and she thinks ok to start rads next Weds. So 10 sessions starting next week! 

What about you? 

Had 4th Herceptin injection today and heart scan tomorrow. Anyone else on Herceptin? 

All good wishes x 

Highlighted

Congratulations Gem! 

Chemo is done! Hope you can relax a bit now and side effects are manageable. 

And hopefully a little celebration when you feel up to it xx 

Highlighted

Yay Gem πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ₯³πŸ€£

Well done on completing chemo , so pleased it went ahead even if you had to have a transfusion. 

Just the last round side effects for you to deal with but the light is at the end of the tunnel. 

Is that everyone complete chemo wise on here ?  

Wishing everyone well with their next stage of treatment or just getting back to some sort of normal. 

Julie x

Highlighted

Ahh thanks!!

They’ve let me cold cap πŸ‘ and have compromised blood transfusion with strong iron tablets and laxatives for just in case πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

And the ward sister is my nurse today and will remove my PICC which is great as I trust her πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— best it could be 🀞xxx

Highlighted

Hope I'm not too late to wish you the very best today Gem!

Highlighted

Gem. Brilliant idea to get the yoga mat out. I will remember that when I feel bad.

I do hope everything goes well today  it’s a lot to think about so no wonder you are feeling a little overwhelmed.  It is overwhelming  

I’m doing yoga practically everyday now and I really feel better for it. I  bored of the physio exercises but if I don’t do some stretches everyday I really feel it on my stomach. I thought I’d be okay by now it’s neatly six months since surgery but I can feel my scar practically all the time. 

Highlighted

Gem good luck for last one lovely 

you’ve got this πŸ’•πŸ’ƒx

Highlighted

Salsa140 oh thank you! I had a bit of a meltdown tonight thinking about tomorrow...I just want to know they’ll do the chemo With no transfusion (as I feel well) and I’ll be able to use the cold cap...oh and that the PICC line will come out with ease...It all feels a bit much...so I’m going to get on my yoga mat to at least do Some deep breathing!!!

I was confused about immune system too...my oncology team said 4 weeks after last chemo but then I guess I’m not having any hormone meds after as mine was a triple neg diagnosis.

This is such a tough journey and we’ve done so well...tomorrow I’ll just have to dig really deep and trust my team...I do love them so maybe that’s how I’ll get through tomorrow...big hugs everyone xxx

Highlighted

Looks beautiful. Enjoy πŸ˜‰ 

Highlighted

Gem - so sorry it’s all so stressful. I do hope everything goes as you wish tomorrow (no transfusion) and that your PICC line is out and you can recover and start celebrating. I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. 😘😘😘β™₯️
Jowels - so glad your beach party went well πŸŽŠπŸ’ƒπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸ₯‚πŸŒˆπŸ’. Now it’s onto rads tho so I hope this all goes smoothly and you are finished soon. 😘😘😘
Julie - fantastic that you’ve finished chemo πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ many congratulations πŸ₯³πŸ˜˜πŸ₯‚β™₯οΈπŸŽˆπŸ’πŸŽ‰πŸŒˆπŸŽŠπŸ’ƒ.  When do you start tamoxifen? 😘😘
Shefgirl- I’m finding I’m having to take small steps to improve my fitness. Feels frustrating at times but I overdid it a few weeks ago and felt exhausted. But if I take little steps I can see an improvement. Good luck πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

Witchhazel - I’m so glad you too have finished chemo. Congrats πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸ’ƒπŸŽˆπŸ’πŸ₯‚πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠβ™₯️  πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

My hair is still falling out but my skin is SO much better. It feels amazing but really it’s just that it’s getting back to normal. Hurrah. 
I am confused about how long I will be immunosuppressed. My nurse said as long as my treatments been since surgery again. That’s 5 months for me which is about Nov. But then someone said herceptin is also an immunosuppressant and I don’t finish that till next March. So I don’t know. 
I really miss the hugs too. Seen a few friends in the garden and I so wanted to hug them. It’s all so strange. 
I started taking anastrozole yesterday and I haven’t really noticed any change yet but I’ll let you know. I’ve also started taking cannabis oil everyday as I read up somewhere else on this forum that it’s really helped with the joint pain which is one of the main side effects. So I’ll let you know how that goes. 

sending lots of love πŸ’• and hugs πŸ€— to all you amazing women. I hope it all goes well for you this week. 😘 

Highlighted

Ahh thank you! I just have to keep saying one step at a time xx

Highlighted

Thanks lovely! 

the walk helped...πŸ€—

941E521C-6551-48D5-8D19-67B8D80AF369.jpeg

 

Highlighted

Gem 

keeping everything crossed for you lovely πŸ’–xxx

Highlighted

Hi Gem

Sorry you are having a stressful time. Really hope that your chemo will go ahead without problems tomorrow. 

Will be thinking of you xx 

Highlighted

I’ve just had my muffled ear checked and luckily it’s not an ear infection πŸ₯³ so that’s good...

Bloods were good but iron still low...ahhhh...everything else good though and I managed ok after round 5 so I’m hoping that they’ll go ahead without a transfusion which I don’t want...πŸ€žπŸ™

ahhh another hurdle...then PICc out tomorrow too.

I’m going to try not to worry about the cording issue until later as it feels too much otherwise. Think a walk is needed πŸ€—

I hope you are all doing well? Xxx

Highlighted

• Ahh thank you πŸ€—

I’ll call later and see if my results are in xx

πŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Highlighted

Thanks hon πŸ€—xxx

Highlighted

Aww Gem 

🀞 you dont need a transfusion and that chemo goes ahead as planned on weds. 

All the uncertainty drives you nuts doesnt it. Hope you get the results you need today. 

Sending πŸ€—πŸ€—

Highlighted

Gem I have everything crossed for you lovely πŸ’“xx

Highlighted

Ahh thanks so much!  I’m veggie too and upped my usual veggies and pulses even more than usual so 🀞

it’s just so disheartening at this point...especially when I don’t feel poorly at all. I’ll call and see if bloods are back tomorrow before chemo on Wed so at least I know where I’m at - just praying now!! Xx

Highlighted

Ah gem,feel for you,it’s just rotten.I don’t know if this helps but I am veggie and have had anaemia in past and so when I started chemo I increased my protein and leafy green veggies.I think it may have helped to keep my bloods steady.may be worth a try lovely.

No probs with you having a rant,anytime.

ill keep everything crossed for your bloods and you can go ahead Wednesday.

sending hugs πŸ’“β€οΈ

Highlighted

Ahh I can’t believe you’re having to chase decisions and treatment it must have been and still must be really frustrating.

i hopefully had last bloods for last chemo today but I have to say I’m scared as oncology said if my bloods were low I’d have to have a blood transfusion and that idea is totally freaking me out!!! Last time they were low but I think it was because I Was on my period and they took 4 extra vials of blood fur my brca tests. I’m not sure I could cope with a transfusion or with chemo being delayed. As ever it’s more frustrating because I’m not too tired and not breathless...oh it’s pants.

Also Iβ€˜m have my PICC taken out (after last chemo)  and I’m nervous about that and to add to the list that keeps giving I’ve got some cording back under my armpit and a sore back!

So tired Of it all now- I’ve never been poorly before and all the side effects no matter how little are really starting to get to me now...

Just praying bloods are good and we can just crack on on Wed...πŸ™πŸ€ž

sorry for the rant πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈβ˜ΉοΈXxxx

Highlighted

Thanks Shefgirl 

ah so sorry to hear this,it’s so crazy to think we have to do all the chasing in the middle of all our treatment.Its not right.Pleased they will see you on Wednesday everything crossed you get started as it just feels like it goes on and on.

sending you big hug and no wonder you had a few tears.Hope you can have a little treat tonight to cheer you up a bit.Ive got my asda shop and new bottle of peach gin πŸ˜‚having it whilst I can before radiotherapy knackers me πŸ˜‚

lots of love xxx

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

So glad that you’ve had your beach party πŸ₯³ Sounds great! 

And glad that the hospital have got their act together re radiotherapy. Probably better to ask the consultant about planning scan length - mine was extended because they found a dodgy area on my boob. This was the area I ended up having drained and it is still not healed!!

Was due to start rads next week but seriously wondering if this will go ahead. Spent the morning getting passed between radiotherapy dept and bc nurse hoping someone would see me to make a decision.... finally agreed that radiotherapy will see me this coming weds.

Must admit the thought of it being delayed has upset me as I just want to crack on and get treatment done 😒

Also had to postpone a family meet up today so I have had a bit of a cry 😭 

Anyway, tomorrow is another day.... 

Hope everyone ok and coping with se etc

xx

Highlighted

Hi lovelies 

how are we all?

we had our beach party πŸŽ‰ and very much enjoyed our Chablis and some fizz πŸ₯³.Hope everyone is managing some treats and recovering from s-e.

i have my phone call with consultant this Friday to go through radiotherapy information then ct planning scan Monday.Can anyone tell me how long the scan may take ?i only ask as we will likely have our son with us.

ill be starting tamoxifen in two weeks time.

salsa are you starting your anastozole this week?

Shefgirl do you have your date for radiotherapy yet?sorry if you have already said,my memory is shot!

im still shattered but managing my walks daily albeit slowly.Trying to do my yoga too.Its going to take time I guess.

sending everyone hugs β€οΈπŸ’“πŸ’œ

Highlighted

Julie 

a big well done on your last one and ringing them bell πŸ›Ž 

hope you can celebrate πŸŽ‰ soon

huge hugs ❀️

Highlighted

Congratulations on finishing chemo witchhazel , another one to the chemo finishers club πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ‘

Time to rest and recover now and maybe a little celebration or 2. As getting through chemo is a massive milestone. 

Take care 

Julie x

Highlighted

Congratulations Witchhazel πŸ‘πŸ‘ Great news πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸ˜Š

Hope you are able to enjoy a celebration soon xx 

Highlighted

Witch hazel 

a huge well done for your last one πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³ enjoy the feeling once your side effects disappear πŸ’“πŸ’“β€οΈπŸ’ƒxx

Highlighted

Ahhhh πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— yay! witch hazel so pleased for you! Sorry I missed you in the message the other day!

I hope you’re ok with this last round!

one of my friends who finished a couple of months ago felt similarly to you...that it had been her structure too...she’s quickly enjoying no more treatment but I remember her going through the same feelings.

i hope radio is soon and then you’ll be through and ringing the bell - I think that I’ll wait until after radio too 😊

take care and well done in finishing chemo!! Big hugs xx