cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

March 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: March 2020 Chemo Starters

Ahhh that’s fantastic!

so pleased you are done! I hope the SE are kind and this week goes fast so you can start getting back to something more β€˜normal’.

It’s been so great having you all here too...especially with local services and support all closed through COVID times too πŸ€—

lots of love Gem xx

Highlighted

Hey all.. so I had my last chemo yesterday.. was a weird week leading up to it, I don't really know how to feel! It's been the only structure in my life since lockdown started and I feel a bit scared to be without that. Obviously glad to be done, and know there's only a a couple of weeks of side effects to get through. Although I don't know how long the breathlessness will last.

Aside from the peeling hands, I've noticed losing my body hair has made my skin really soft. My legs haven't felt this smooth since I was in my 20s.

Will have my pre-radiotherapy chat in a couple of weeks.

I decided not to ring the bell until I'd done the radiotherapy as well. I just didn't feel ready to sign off quite yet.

Thank you to everyone here for the support. πŸ’•

Highlighted

Congratulations Julie

Whoop! Whoop πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸ₯‚πŸ’•πŸ’•

Time to rest and relax now. Job well done xx 

Enjoy your celebration πŸ₯³πŸΎπŸ’ƒ

Highlighted

Thank you jowels and gem πŸ€—πŸ˜˜

Last chemo done , I rang the bell and one of the nurses video'd it for me. And the big news is I didnt cry. I was totally in resting bitch face mode ( but not moody ) so so pleased it's over. Just the next week to get through of feeling pants . And then slowly getting back to some sort of normal. 

You've all been a massive support to me during my chemo journey , thank you to each and everyone of you. 

Hope you all have a fab weekend. 

Julie x

Highlighted

Julie good luck today! Last one πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ€—

Highlighted

Julie 

good luck for your last chemo πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ˜˜

you can do it xxx

Highlighted

Ahh Julie I miss hugs too...it’s so rubbish isn’t it and I do think that’s made things tougher for us...but we’re getting there..πŸ€—πŸ€—

It must be so hard not seeing your  son ☹️

fab re CT scan I’m guessing mine will be the same as I know I’m going in for my dots! I might ask if I can keep the pen and do some of my own doodling on my body 🀣

I’ve been upping my driving a little bit further each time But it’s still not far...think that’ll take time...

ahhh I’m going to try to talk to the Occ health and see if I can work from home from September but we’ll see if I’m not too tired.

Big hugs everyone xxx

Highlighted

Evening All

Hope you enjoy your beach party tomorrow jowels , sounds fun . Have you any games to play? πŸŽ‰β›±πŸŒž how are feeling now? 

Hi Gem , no I didnt have the contrast injection, the ct scan I had was just on the upper chest area and no results are given for this ( at my hospital anyway ) as it's just purely for aligning. I have 3 very small black tattoos now , one on my right side below the breast , in the middle of my breast and the other on my left side under the breast. I could play dot to dot 🀣 Good luck for your final chemo next week , we are so nearly there πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ🀞

Shefgirl , thank you I cant wait to join your chemo finishers club. I've bought myself some koppenberg strawberry and lime gin to celebrate next week , although I have got a magnum of champagne too. So I'll have to decide which I have 🍾🍸🀣

My onco said that my immune system would be compromised for 3 months at least from last chemo.  The white blood cells come back pretty quick apparently but because of covid still being around the white blood cells dont help fight this as it's a viral infection and not bacterial. Unless of course a vaccine comes out which will cover us. Shes signed me off for another 3 months with strict instructions that I can not go back to work. 

I've had 2 social distance meet up with friends in the back garden which I really needed. However what I really want is to see and hug my youngest son , he moved out when I started chemo and I've only seen him twice since long down. I want hugs from all my family and friends. I really miss hugs. πŸ€”πŸ€—

I've driven a couple of times too , but just local . It's the concentration skde I worry about as all I've done is sit around the house for weeks , like we all have. Other than housework and a few exercises . Really need to up the energy levels once I'm over the last chemo hurdle. I'm exhausted after 20 mins of exercise.

Anyway sorry for the long post. Hope everyone else is coping well with se. 

Julie x

Highlighted

Hi Gem

Wishing you all the best for final chemo next week. Also to Julie - best of luck for tomorrow! Looking forward to welcoming you both to the chemo finishers club 😊❀️

Jowels-glad to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy your beach party tomorrow πŸŽ‰πŸ˜Ž

Two weeks since my last chemo and have managed two socially distant walks with the hubby. We went to a local National Trust place which was really well organised and I felt very safe. Then a local park today where 99% of people were being sensible. Weather cold and grey so not too many people about thankfully. 

Gardening yesterday...although realised today that my fitness levels have really dropped but small steps I guess. Been doing a lot of sitting around throughout treatment and being stuck in the house hasn’t helped. 

It did feel good to get out albeit I am very cautious about where we go. 

It would be interesting to hear what our various oncologists are saying about how long our immune systems remain compromised?  I plan to ask mine during next telephone consultation. 

Take care everyone xx

Highlighted

So excited for your celebration party πŸ₯³ 🎈 I hope you really Enjoy it πŸ₯°πŸ’–

ahh thank you...can’t wait to be finished! Can’t wait for PICC line to be taken out afterwards either πŸ€—

so glad you’ve managed a couple of walks!!! That’s fab...it must feel like such a relief.

yes driving and walking and re-emerging into the β€˜real’ world will take a bit of getting used to but as with everything...we’ll do it! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

love Gem x

Highlighted

Hi gem 

thank you Hun I’m so pleased to be done I can’t tell you.Ive had a walk last night and today and whilst I’m shattered feel happy πŸ˜† having our beach party’s tomo Cant wait πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ₯‚

wishing you lots of luck for your last chemo on the 8th July πŸŽ‰πŸ’ƒ

I know what you mean about driving I’ve only driven a handful of times since my surgery in jan so I am going to do a few journeys to re build my confidence.

you are nearly there lovely

ill do a kitchen dance for you next week πŸ’“πŸ’ƒxx

Highlighted

Hi everyone...sorry it's been a bit. Unfortunately there have been a few new members to our local Plymouth breast cancer group so we've been helping them get prepped for surgery and chemo...

Anyway...

Jowels, yay!!!! You've finished! So chuffed for you 😁 and glad you got to the sofa in the first few days - yay!

I hope your little boy enjoyed going back to school. My son (13) went to France to stay with his Dad the week before last and I think it was the best decision for him. Even though none of us have been going anywhere I've been distancing from everyone in the house since chemo started and it's so tough. I can't wait to be through so I can have hugs.

Salsa140...ahh thanks... next Wedand chemo will be finished...they are removing my PICC line afterwards too and then CT scan on the Thursday to prep for radio in a few weeks.  Two weeks of that daily and then I hope I am finished with treatment needed.

Oh and I know what you mean about thinking about the future-I agree it is totally natural and I've been trying to get out driving so that after all of this I don't lose my driving confidence. Going anywhere even late at night and seeing anyone is causing me a bit of concern but I'm hoping that after active chemo is finished I will be able to put it into a bit more perspective -but like you I am going to start with social 
distancing with friends in the garden when I feel a bit safer to do that. I think we've got to pace ourselves even though we'll probably expect and immediate bounce back.

Sparkle54- πŸ₯³πŸ₯³ to your scam results!

my last chemo fingers crossed is on the 8th. That is my 6th ...I've still has to have chemo even though they removed all of my tumour with surgery, lymph nodes were clear and so were margins.  But what they have told me is that my chemo and two weeks of radio (to come) is the best insurance they can offer me for it not returning in the future.  I'd guess they'll advise you to have the last chemo?

Ju72 - I hope your last one goes ahead on Friday and so glad the planning session went ok. I asked them to postpone mine as I wasn't happy having the CT scan with the PICC line in...I'd been told not to raise my arm over my head since it was out in so it didn't compute to raise my arm over my head for half an hour during the planning session.  Did you have to have an injection for the CT scan?

Hope you'll be able to celebrate finishing chemo soon πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—

Hope the Chablis beach party is good fun? πŸ’ƒπŸ₯‚πŸΎπŸΈ

I'm hoping to finish Chemo next Wed...slightly concerned as last time my bloods were low but I think that was period related and down to extra bloods being taken for BRCA testing. In some ways I'm glad I won't need any hormone tablets being triple negative but it is scary too with the only treatment being surgery, chemo and radio...just holding onto the fact I found it fast and it was a clear as it could be in lymph nodes and margins after surgery so I try to hold on to being glad about that. And hoping BRCA is clear too...can but hope...

I'm wondering how long it will take for me not to be internally worried about everything I feel in my body from now on...I'm hoping that as time passes and I get further away from this experience I'll be able to let go of worries a bit.

So glad most of you are finished chemo and we're nearly there...the rest of us...
☺️☺️☺️πŸ₯‚πŸΎ

love Gem
xx

--
Gemma Burns (SENCo) Keyham Barton Primary School
Highlighted

Julie 

great about you getting your last chemo done.Hope it goes ok and your s/e are manageable.Little kitchen dance for us this weekend πŸ’ƒπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³

sending hugs xx

Highlighted

Thank you Salsa πŸ’ƒ 

good luck for starting your meds next week, enjoy the next week of getting stronger and hopefully feeling more human πŸ’“πŸ’“x

Highlighted

Julie. So so pleased your last session is going ahead as planned. So you can finish tomorrow. Hurray πŸŽ‚πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚πŸŒˆβ˜€οΈπŸ’πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽˆ

I do hope it all goes well and the SEs are not too horrendous. Sending best wishes for tomorrow  

I start hormone treatment next week. I hope this is not too bad for any of us. 

Sending love πŸ’• πŸ€— 😘 

Highlighted

Hi salsa 

Thank you lovely  , all went well with the bloods. So last chemo is a go on friday. 🀣 never thought I'd be happy about having chemo lol 

Yes I'll be on tamoxifen,  which I start the first day of radiotherapy. 

I can see the light at the end kf the tunnel now. Just hoping I dont have side effects of the hormone tablets. Time will tell I suppose. 

Hope you're doing well, what's the next stage for you ? X

Highlighted

Jowels. So glad you have an appointment πŸ˜„

i can understand your anxiety. It’s so hard to know what to do. I hope he enjoys being back with some of his friends. Sounds like a small class anyway. 

I have taken a weeks break before starting anastrozole as hubby is on holiday this week  so I’m starting next week but I will have been a month clear of chemo by then. Can you imagine that? 

Hope your Chablis beach party πŸŽ‰ is truly fab  πŸ’•πŸ’πŸŽˆπŸ₯‚πŸŒˆπŸŽŠπŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸ₯‚πŸŽ‚πŸ¬

😘😘

Highlighted

Sorry Julie. I tried to send you a message yesterday but it didn’t send. I had to reload it and send it. I have been thinking of you having bloods today. Hope it all went okay. 😘 

Highlighted

Julie. Good luck for Friday.  Hoping nothing gets in the way of finishing chemo. You will deserve one almighty celebration when you finish the rads marathon.  Let us know how you get on. Will you need any other treatment afterwards like  hormone treatment. Sending love πŸ’• and πŸ€—. 😘 

Highlighted

Hi lovelies 🌺

hope we all doing ok?I slept 10 hours last night much needed I can tell you.

Salsa that rocket you sent me has worked as they have rang me this morning.I have my phone appointment 10th July then planning ct scan 13th July.πŸ₯°

Hopefully I can get started soon as that as just want it done and out the way.

we have made the decision to send out little boy back to school next week for two days and the same the week after.He Is so good with hand washing and knows he must strip at the door when he returns home.His reception class has 7 pupils in and has been brill at managing it all.Im anxious about it but feel it’s the best thing for him.Ill be keeping my distance from him when he goes back which will be hard 😫
It’s raining heavy today so may try and get out for some air later if it stops if not I’ll definitely have a walk tomo.

decided Friday is Chablis celebration and my beach sitting room party πŸŽ‰ 

sending lots of love πŸ’“ 

Highlighted

Salsa thank you for your message and your rocket πŸš€ for oncology, I feel they will need it!🀣

good luck for starting Anastrozole,sending you positive hugs πŸŒΊπŸ’•let us know how you go.

Ive got to take Tamixofen for 10 years but am having few weeks off before I start it-just to give my body a rest really x

Highlighted

Sparkle.  So sorry you have such horrible SE.  But how fantastic about it’s effects. πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚πŸ’. Such brilliant news but i can understand why you want to stop. I hope you can sort it out with your team. I also had chemo after surgery so can’t really comment. Good luck. 😘 πŸ’• πŸ€— 

Highlighted

Jowels. So glad you are starting to feel a bit better. So sorry there is still no clarity as to rads appointments. Grrr

i start taking anaztrole next week. I’m dreading it yet I really shouldn’t complain. As I’ve said before I’ve done the menopause so it shouldn’t be so bad. It’s all you younger women who haven’t been through it yet that I really feel for. I think. Any counselling any of you can get is deserved. 

It will be interesting to know how we all react to these drugs. So I’m relying on you all for honesty.   

Sending love πŸ’• πŸ€— and a πŸš€ for sending up your oncology team. 😘 

Highlighted

Thanks Julie 

started today by ringing the radiotherapy department only to be told they don’t have any appointments made as yet 😫

been trying to ring the oncologists secretary ever since but just no answer.I am so drained and tired of having to battle every step.Not helped by the fact I’m shattered from the chemo.

pleased you have your appointments all sorted,hopefully I’ll get sorted soon 

sending hugs to everyone πŸŒΊπŸŒΈπŸ’•

Highlighted

Morning jowels

My first radiotherapy session is the 27th july , I'm having 23 sessions in total 15 normal and 8 boosts. I didnt realise they put clips in to the best after I'd had the lump removed till I attended my app last week. Apparently my onco doesnt believe that the reduced rads would be of benefit to me. Not sure why but I'm happy to go with her advice. 

Hope you manage to sort your rads planning meeting out and subsequently your rads apps.  🀞

Hope everyone else is managing well 

Julie x

Highlighted

Thanks Julie 🌸

I haven’t had any appointments at all yet.Seems I’m on the back foot with my team as per.Ill chase this up tomorrow.

sending you huge luck for last chemo on Friday. πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³well done lovely 

Bet you can’t wait.What date is your first session for radiotherapy?Sending hugs x

Highlighted

Hi lovelies 

Thanks salsa , having bloods tomoro so fingers crossed I get my last chemo this Friday πŸ€žπŸ˜„

Jowels , you've definitely had a rough ride with the side effects. Glad your up and about and managing some homemade soup. Hope you get to find out soon about your rads appointments etc . Have you had your planning meeting yet ? I had mine on friday went ok and I've got all my sessions printed off. 

Hope everyone else is managing well. 

Julie x

Highlighted

Sparkle 

that’s great news about the scan bet that’s such a huge relief πŸ˜„

re your chemo we can all relate to the s/e they are grim.Sending hugs you pick up soon.With your last chemo maybe discuss this with oncologist? I had my surgery first so I can’t really advise.Having a certain number of chemos is a totally individual choice as we all are in a different situation.Sounds like you are getting there so a big well done. Whatever you decide will be right for you.

πŸŒΊπŸŒΈπŸ’•

Highlighted

Hi Everyone.

Been reading the posts and huge congratulations to those who have finished all treatment as well as those who have finished the chemo element.❀️

I had my 5th chemo cycle 18 th June ( my second docetaxal) and am still unable to eat or drink anything without it tasting like πŸ’© 12 days later πŸ˜ 

I did have good news last Tueday my ultrasound scan showed that my tumour had totally disappeared, just the clip inside the capsule left to show where it had been,so thats fantastic , however with my last chemo due 9th July I'm wondering wether I could get away with ditching it as the tumour has gone, my surgery is scheduled for mid August with Radiothereapy in October. Anyone able to advise on this ?

Thanks.

Highlighted

Salsa 

thank you for your lovely message 🌺 

hope you are still feeling good and getting stronger daily.

ah I’m so thrilled to be done with it.Im up out of bed today yippee πŸ₯³ just to the sofa but it’s a start.Been lying here thinking about the things I want to do in the coming months.The relief is immense. Hoping to get to the celebrations maybe by the weekend.

re radiotherapy they haven’t sent me any appointments as yet so will leave it until Wednesday then I’ll start chasing it.My oncologist said I should get started within the month so fingers crossed.

ive also had the gp practice on how will be sending my first prescription of Tamoxifen in the next month.Got the letter to say I’ll be taking 20mg daily for 10 years.

shefgirl -do you have your date for radiotherapy session yet?

sending lots of hugs and big smiles from me πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€β€οΈβ™₯️

Highlighted

Shefgirl wow what a journey. Getting to end here is making me think about the future and the what if. I guess it’s natural to be a little worried but my oncologist said I will be well looked after and have regular tests to pick anything up. So lucky I guess that it happened today as a few decades ago it wasn’t quite such a positive outlook. 

I am anxious about going out. I’m okay in the car and if I turn left out of the house into the countryside, but if I go down the hill it’s much busier and then I feel completely paranoid if someone comes towards me. So I am doing a few social distancing garden visits but really don’t feel up to much more than that. Take it at your own pace. And in the meantime enjoy time with your hubby and daughters. Oh and those treats. Doughnuts look amazing πŸ˜‹

Sending love πŸ’• and hugs πŸ€—. 😘 

Highlighted

Yes cheers to you both Gem and Julie. 

Hope it all goes well for you this week and you also reach the chemo finish line. Sending love πŸ’• and hugs πŸ€—. Hope the SEs aren’t to awful too. 😘 

Highlighted

Jowels. Oh πŸ’©. Sorry it’s been so difficult again. Your treatment sounds so exhausting. I am glad you are managing some homemade soup now. I hope this is a sign of your recovery towards that bottle of Chablis. 

On a more positive note, well done for finishing chemo. πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸ₯‚πŸ’πŸ°πŸŽˆπŸ’•πŸ¦‹πŸŽŠπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Really fantastic news. You never know for sure until it happens as you don’t know if it’s going to be delayed or what. But you’ve done it. Well the chemo bit at least. So over the moon for you πŸŒ“ 

you’ve been such a great support for all of us so I am delighted that you are finally getting off the chemo bus. I just hope the SEs disappear soon so you can really enjoy it and celebrate properly. 

I don’t know about rads but when I had my rash the nurse pulled a face at E45. She thought coconut oil was good but also gave me some Aveeno which has been fabulous. I think Shefgirl is probably right just use whatever works for you. 

So im hoping the rads are easy on you. Do you have a date of when it starts?

Sending massive hugs πŸ€—,congratulations πŸŽ‰ and love πŸ’•

😘 

Highlighted

Shefgirl 

the treats look amazing -hope you enjoy well deserved i say 🌸 

I know what you mean about anxiety about going out: I am still like that when I go for a walk/run.Not sure about going anywhere else yet as much as I want to I’m quite scared about immunity and Covid.I also hear  (From my friends)that some of the general public are not Adhering to social distancing which is a worry.My oncologist said that some drs think immunity is better after 6 weeks and some say 3 months-so that’s no help is it.its got to be more so normal given the hell we have been through.

sending hugs πŸ’•

Highlighted

Shefgirl 

thank you for your lush message and the advice re creams.I will make a note of it all and ask when I go.I will definitely be doing the indoor top less  bathing I suspect, as I’m hot with this damn flushes before I even start πŸ˜‚

glad to hear you are healing well and hope it is feeling more comfy for you.Are you feeling your energy coming back like salsa? Hope so.You deserve a break for sure.

ive managed some home made soup today so that’s a positive.Hope to be able to get up tomorrow and start feeling bit better.Despite how rough I feel I’m so happy the chemo is done βœ…πŸ₯³

sending hugs to you 🌸x

Highlighted

 Hi Salsa

Thanks for your lovely message. Glad you are starting to feel a little better.

Well done on the exercise... I really need to start doing something although leaving the house makes me feel pretty anxious. Hubby is on leave next week so plan to go β€œout” with him, even if it is just a drive. Literally been no where except hospital appointments for the last 14 weeks. How does everyone else feel about going out? 

Yes, I didn’t imagine ringing the bell in radiotherapy in Feb 2018 that I would be back there again in 2020!! Probably goes a long way to explain my wobble when I went for my recent CT planning scan. Even the receptionist was the same and something was clearly triggered! 

My bc in 2018 was right side and required lumpectomy and rads... I had found a lump. 

My current treatment is for bc in left (not a recurrence but a brand new primary cancer; albeit a completely different type to previous). It was picked up by my 2 year surveillance mammogram. Thank god as I didn’t see any changes. I think I was more shocked that I had to have chemo than being told I had cancer again!! 

Anyway, a very different experience due to lockdown as you say. On the plus side, my hubby has been working from home and my daughters are here so I have had lots of company and help with cooking etc. I think I would have felt quite lonely going through chemo with family out the house all day. Like all of us, it is difficult not to see wider family and friends although video calls have come into their own and I do miss combining hospital appointments with a trip out - walk, coffee etc but we have all been in that boat! So all in all, not much to complain about and a lot to be grateful for. 

Including... a rather delicious box of donuts delivered this morning!  

Take care everyone xx 

A24F2DA8-4FE6-445A-909F-752FB3376E01.jpeg

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

Sorry to hear that you had such a long day at the hospital and are suffering once again with side effects 😒 Hope it is not too long before you are cracking open that Chablis (nice choice) for a well earned celebration!! Whoop πŸŽ‰πŸΎπŸ₯‚ Chemo is done!! πŸ‘πŸ‘

Re creams for rads- good to check with your rads dept but last time I used E45 and Aloe Vera pure organic gel from HB which is brilliant. Plus some top less indoor bathing if boob felt hot!

I am having 10 more intense sessions this time so will be slathering on either/both. One tip is to moisturise at hospital as soon as finish session and repeat several times a day. And need to moisturise all the boob, and under/above as they cover a wider area than you might imagine. And yes, trying to wear a bra may well be uncomfortable...I too will be wearing vest tops although I have to currently as my wound is still healing ( hopefully all good in time for rads to start). 

I also use Aveeno and I think they will be happy if you use something your skin is already familiar with ... but check with them. 

For now try and rest up and relax knowing you’ve done a brilliant job getting through your chemo xx 

Highlighted

Gem and Julie 

I know you both have your last chemos soon so sending huge good luck for last one.πŸŒΈπŸ’“

Highlighted

Hi lovelies 

sorry been so quiet -as usual been in bed since Thursdays final chemo πŸ₯³I am so so so so so relieved I don’t need to go again -the day was awful-delays and my anti nausea meds weren’t there.Probs with my cannulas so after 3 attempts in my wrist got it going.Then they forget my take home meds I was on my knees when I left 5 hours later.

unfortunately,side effects have been awful as usual,still in bed.Started the Filgrastim last night so usual feelings of being kicked by a horse.Really hoping to get up and downstairs tomorrow.πŸ™

my bottle of Chablis that has been chilling for months now is all ready when I’m well enough to enjoy.Ive also had a few yummy gifts brought to the door to celebrate which is very kind πŸ’“β€οΈ

shefgirl,I’m left sided too so think I’ll maybe need to hold my breath thing although I’ve heard nothing yet about my appointments.Oncologist said no real wait list so I’m hoping I’ll hear soon.Have you ordered creams yet or do you wait to see what they say?Was looking at Aveeno?I already use no sls /paraben free  soap/shower gel so I’ll stick with that.I also ordered few cotton vests from m and s,as feel I may not be able to wear my post surgery bra due to where my tumour was and where they will radiate.

Salsa-so pleased you getting energy back and great you are doing your yoga πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ And Pilates and stuff πŸ’•Makes me so happy to think  I’ll get to feeling well again after all this.

hope side effects for everyone else are  manageable.We are all  nearly there and we are amazing πŸ’•hugs and love πŸ’“ 

Highlighted

Shefgirl. Loving the rose. Thank you. So does that mean 2 weeks for you on rads?

Sorry to hear you had to g9 through all this in 2018. Must be tough to go through all this again. Especially through lockdown. 

My chemo side effects are lessening but I’m still taking anti reflux tablets to avoid sleepless nights and of course laxatives to avoid the constipation they bring. But I really am feeling stronger. Walking with minijogs last week seemed to tire me a lot but yoga and Pilates this week (too hot to jog) has made me feel great. Hope you are all soon feeling better too 

love to all 😘 πŸ€— πŸ’• 

Highlighted

Julie. You poor thing having to trek over there so often. I hope that means you get everything you need to prevent this from coming back. It would be lovely to build something into your day for the rads but I can understand that’s really difficult at the moment. Can you build something in for when you get home. 

Sending love and hoping the rads time goes quickly. 

😘 πŸ€— πŸ’• 

Highlighted

 Wow! It’s a scorcher!! Hope you are all coping with the heat? 

Ju72- sorry to hear you will be having so many rads sessions. Would be interesting to hear the reasoning behind this? I had 15 in 2018 on right breast and other than travel and parking found them very manageable. If you can combine them with doing something nice it really helps - although more difficult in Covid times. 

They have agreed I can have 5 bigger dose sessions and 5 boosters. Mine is left side this time and I have to do the breath hold. Anyone else having to do this? 

Anyway, hope you are all coping with chemo and chemo side effects? Can’t wait for Ju72 and Gem333 to be over the chemo finish line. 

Sending a red rose to you all from my garden to brighten your day xx 

DDB301C0-0375-46DA-B2A3-538A2F2EFE48.jpeg

Highlighted

Thank you jowels and salsa πŸ€—

Salsa , I'm about 40 mins away from the hospital for rads , this will be my last treatment before taking the hormone tablets and trying to get my life back to some sort of normal. Hoping to lose the chemo / lockdown belly that I currently have too. Once I get more energy . Still doing my exercises on weeks 2 & 3 of the cycle when I feel I can. πŸ‘

Highlighted

Julie thank you 🌼

hope your appointment goes ok today and you get the plan.Not long for you and Gem  to get to end of chemo now β™₯️πŸ₯³

Highlighted

Julie. 3rd July. So next week. I hope it comes round quickly for you so you can get off this particular bus. 
22 rads sessions sounds like such a lot. Poor you. I feel for you. Will it be a long trek to hospital?  
I am sure you really can’t wait for all of this to be over. Get that champagne or whatever chilling. Not long to the chemo finish line. Although I waited Nearly a week to celebrate so I could enjoy it. 
Sending love πŸ’• 

Highlighted

Morning ladies 

Congratulations to salsa , tracey and jowels on finishing chemo,  jowels hope the side effects are more manageable for for final session.  Hope you've all got treats and champers lined up for when you feel well. Gem and myself are bringing up the rear , my final chemo is scheduled for 3rd July. Cant wait !! 

I've got my rads planning meeting tomoro with ct scan but this time round I dont get the results as it's just for aligning the machine up. My onco said she was reluctant to give me the reduced sessions / higher dose rads she seemed sceptical about them working for me. So looks like 22 sessions coming my way but I suppose I'll find out more tomoro. 

Hope all of you enjoy a little sun today , glad to have the lovely weather back. Just wish it was cooler at night . 

Highlighted

Salsa thanks so much lovely 

πŸ™we can hope for sure 

hope you are feeling ok 

sending hugs πŸ’•

Highlighted

Jowels. Wishing you all the best for tomorrow. Got lots of things crossed for you that it isn’t as bad as last time. One can but hope. 😘 sending love πŸ’• 

Highlighted

Gem 

i feel for you. Two more weeks to go but in the meantime you still have to deal with the reality of the day-to-day and all that it entails. It is weird that you can’t wait but at the same time you dread it. I think two weeks before the end was the worst time for me. I couldn’t relax either. I just felt so fed up and miserable. The dry skin was really getting me down (but coconut oil was great). 

I needed to allow myself a little bit of time to feel sorry for myself. A bit of self compassion as it is all πŸ’© that you go through. Then I decided what I could do about it. I bought myself some stuff to give myself a facial and then went to bed. I think Jowels is right though. You just have to take each day as it comes and enjoy a bit of nature if you can. It’s natural to be a bit over cautious at this stage. I don’t blame you. 

I hope the next two weeks pass quickly and you get to the finish line without too many horrible days. Give yourself some good self care and be kind to yourself. 

On a separate note the best thing about the stuff I bought for the facial was exfoliating. I was so concerned with moisturizing that I obviously hadn’t cleaned it properly as layers of dead skin cane off my face and my skin was much improved for it. 

Taje care and sending love πŸ’• 😘 

Highlighted

Shefgirl 

thank you so much lovely πŸ’•

cannot wait for it to be done!

yes you are so right about how far we have come -amazing 🌼

hope you are feeling ok and your wound healing ok before radiotherapy 

sending hugs 🌸