cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: March 2020 Chemo Starters

Hey Jowels

Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you tomorrow and keeping everything crossed your side effects are manageable for this last round. 😘 I will have a little bop around the kitchen tomorrow in your honour 💃

How far we have all come since joining this forum back in Feb/March. Can’t wait for all the women on here to be done with chemo! What an amazing group of women we are! 

Still here cheering you all on to the finish line and your celebration 🥳🎉👏 whatever that might be! 

😘💕💕

Highlighted

Morning lovelies hope we can enjoy some sunshine today ♥️🌞

gemma thank you lovely yes tomorrow is my last one thank goodness.I still have no idea re radiotherapy so will chase this myself as usual.
with regards to feeling like you can’t relax what about going to the sea super early in the morning when few folk around?I know it’s still anxiety provoking but to be honest I feel like it’s worth it to be able to get some peace in nature -feel the wind on your face and watch the ocean.I have good and bad days like everyone I suspect.If you feeling anxious just focus on how the next hour looks and go from there.Try not to look to far ahead as that’s when it can get overwhelming can’t it.I just accept that some days are pants and that’s ok.

we have all come so far 🌸

sending hugs 🌼🌻🌸

Highlighted

Salsa140 - last Chemo in two weeks and then 5 rads and 5 boosters...and the owl hair/fluff I have on the top of my head is grey too 🤣 the longer bits seem to have kept my hair colour so I'm looking good 😜

Jowels - I hope you're doing ok too and pacing with a five year old - yikes I'm not sure how you even manage that? Really happy you'll be finished with chemo this week - woohoo!!!!! Seem better in round 5 than 4 apart from horrendous constipation but I have a thought I may have partly caused it after my panic about not nearly being allowed round 4 because of lower bloods and then eating WAY too much fibre/iron rich food.  The crazy thing is I normally eat well and have a balanced diet and the low bloods were probably because of my period and them taking more samples of blood for genetics...ahhh you live and learn! When's your last one? Is it this Thurs? If so I hope it all goes sooo well and then chemo is done!,,, Sending hugs too 🤗

Tmmorriss - wooooo hoooo you rang the bell! I'm so pleased for you! And how worrying about the bloods just before...as if things aren't hard enough! I'm sooo glad for you...Glad your PICC was removed too...I'm not one of those people who has been able to pretend it's not there and I've been very conscious of mine...that must be a great feeling? And no more Zarzio...again fantastic news. I hope the relief is starting to come? I don't know about anyone else but I realise how much I'm holding my breath at the moment...it is just so hard to find a way to deeply relax.
Wow that's a drive for rads every day! As I'm so close to Plymouth hospital I've never thought of that...as I'll be going for 10 I feel even luckier for that fact. Good luck with the follow up on the 13 th too...fingers crossed it's all well (I'm sure it will be).

Oh and as a sufferer of dry skin through chemo I've found that organic coconut oil and organic aloe Vera have been incredible moisturisers! The aloe was from Superdrug and about £4 and the coconut oil from a health food shop for about the same price. An alcoholic drink will be a great celebration...it feels like so long since my last one,,,

Shefgirl I hope you're doing ok? I bet the relief is fantastic to have finished chemo...I can't wait now!,, mmmm your chocolate cake sounded lovely and the dance...thank goodness for anti nausea pills!

Ju72 and witch hazel I hope you are too?

This weather is lovely isn't it? After each Zarzio I have a mini mind panic moment and just hope it doesn't give me the pain I had that day in round 4...last injection for this round tonight...7 injections is stressful for me each time as I hate injections - you'd think I'd be used to them as I've had them since round 2! Last night after it I sat outside and just tried to focus on th e sky and the plants...it did help a bit.

Two more weeks until the last chemo and it's that weird feeling of not being able to wait as you want it done but still being scared and wishing you didn't have to do it. My hair is sooo thin at the sides...literally looks like a few strands of hair and the top is fluff and a few longer bits...I'm still cold capping on the last one though....not going through this to be stopped on the final push.

Does anyone else feel they can't actually relax...I just feel like I'm holding my breath for the next thing all of the time...which is not great front he body, mind or cortisol levels. I'm hoping that once I'm done with chemo and my line is out I'll be able to do my real yoga and get out more to very socially distanced but beautiful places. I keep driving to see the sea but I want to actually get out of the car.  I know I probably could but as I'm so close to finishing I want to give myself the best chance of not getting anything else and in my mind I'm stuck on the restrictive shielding.  

One of my jobs in the next few weeks is to complete some online training I've started. (Slowly) in my better weeks.  I definitely need to get out of school it's been the biggest stress on my life and I'm still sure that's what has tipped my body into the breast cancer-as crazy as that may sound 🤪

Anyway...love and hugs to you all! You are all fantastic and yes we should be proud of ourselves...what a support network to have you all here. Thank you all soooo much xxx

Love Gemma ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Highlighted

Salsa that’s brill with the fitness,very well done.Bet it feels good to start enjoying more things now you off the chemo train.

your paddling pool sounds really lovely enjoy ♥️.Hope you enjoying feeling a bit more like yourself.

thank you for your well wishes for Thursday.Ill be going on my last run tomorrow before chemo.Hoping for a miracle of fewer side effects for this final time  -we can hope 😂

sending hugs 💓💕🌸

Highlighted

Hi everyone I hope you are all feeling okay this week and that you do get outside to enjoy this lovely weather.  I’ll be in the paddling pool 🏊‍♀️ 

sending hugs 🤗 and love 💕  to all 

😘 

Highlighted

Jowels. Thanks for your lovely message. Well done for the run. I managed three walks with mini jogs last week as you motivated me. I am definitely improving my fitness and have also done a few u-tube cardio, Pilates and yoga classes. I got so bored of my physio exercises but the classes include most of the moves and feel much more fun. So thanks for the motivation.  

I love 💕 the sound of the beach party. How brilliant. We have just filled up our paddling pool. It’s just for me and hubby but it’s going to be hot 🌞 this week so we will enjoy it. 

Roll on Thursday so you can get chemo out of the way so you will have recovered to enjoy your birthday. Enjoy some little treats in the meantime. Sending love 💕 

Highlighted

Hi salsa 

thank you so much for your lush message ♥️
i have really needed this forum and it’s been such a lush feeling to know we are all in it together. you have all been so amazing ♥️🌸

I can imagine how you feel about starting your new drug -we just never know how our body reacts to stuff until we on it.I like you,had funny things happen to me whilst taking fertility drugs so can empathise sending hugs 🌸

Yes I can’t wait for Thursday to be done.Its my birthday in July so I have ordered inflatable beach things to make a beach party 🥳 for then given we aren’t getting away on holiday anytime soon.

ive been for a run this morning which was lovely as had a few emotional days recently.

hope you are enjoying your days and having a few little treats.Do you feel your energy picking up yet or do you feel it’s too soon to tell?💕💕💕

sending love x

Highlighted

Jowels. What a pain not hearing from your team again 😐. It’s been an uphill struggle for you all the way in more ways than one. I bet you can’t wait for this phase to be over. I am willing you to finish line. You’ve been such a great support for all of us through chemo. 

I do hope the next one doesn’t mean a week in bed but realise that you will a tough time. I would imagine you have such mixed feelings about Thursday. 

Sorry about the hots sweats. I start Anaztrole soon and am dreading the SEs. I had an awful reaction to fertility drugs but I must remember that was a long time ago and I’ve been through the menopause since then. I feel lucky about that but I’ve ordered some CBD oil to mitigate things as it’s been recommended elsewhere o; this forum. I need to keep fit and eat healthily and probably not drink too much 😐 

Anyway take care and I hope you enjoy the weekend as much as you can. 😘 

Highlighted

Hi everyone Hope we all doing ok.

Shefgirl 

I’m so pleased you are healing up that’s great .Also glad you having less radiotherapy sessions.

just for a change my team have been poor with communication re radiotherapy as have heard zilch.Like everything I’ll have to chase it myself.

cant wait to get Thursday done and the side effects for the last time.im not having the syringe driver this time as didn’t feel it was worth it.Just hope not a week in bed after it like usual ☹️
feeling so tired today, hot sweats not great but got to get on with it.

hope everyone managing ok 😘😘xxx

Highlighted

Shefgirl so pleased your wound is healing and glad you will have less rad sessions. So I hope they go ahead when planned so it can all be over. 

Your celebation sounds great 👏🌈💕🥂💐🎉🎊 🎈. Fantastic to finish the chemo bit. I just hope you improve more so you can start to feel more like your old self. 

I can understand the fatigue nits a bummer. Go gently and enjoy what you can. 😘 sending love 💕 Sally. 

Highlighted

Tracy good luck for next week. I hope you get the CT scan soon as even though you are dreading it (unsurprisingly) the sooner it’s done the sooner you can get on with things. My oncologist didn’t give me a date of when I should stop shielding but I mentioned Nov and he didn’t disagree. 

He wants me to do 12 months of herceptin even though I mentioned the trial. He said let’s see how you are after 6 months. 

Sending love. 😘 

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

Many congratulations on finishing chemo and getting through all the crappy side effects. I hope like me you are feeling relieved that this part of treatment is done?! 

Can’t wait for Jowels to join the finishers club next week! My celebration consisted of homemade chocolate cake a wee dance around the kitchen and an anti nausea pill!! 

Hey, but the main thing is we are still here and pushing through! 

My wound seems to be healing... got 4 weeks until rads due to start so hoping they will go ahead. Having 5 sessions plus 5 boasters as had bc previously. Still better than the usual 15 rounds. 

Feeling fatigued today but happy that a finish line is in sight. 

Sending love and hugs to all approaching their finish line and coping with side effects xx 

Highlighted

Hi Salsa,

I was told I need to keep shielding until the herceptin injections are finished. I’m not sure how long it takes our immune systems to recover afterwards so a small part of me wonders if it might even be a bit longer. I’m going to ask my clinical oncology nurse when we do my next follow up consultation. 
I haven’t celebrated finishing chemo yet as I thought I’d save it for when the side effects have cleared up. Something alcoholic would be nice I think though. Either a nice gin and tonic or champagne. 
love and hugs

Tracy

🌹💖🌈

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the well wishes. I’ve got my radiotherapy consent and information meeting next week (2pm 25th June). I wasn’t expecting a telephone call so soon! Not sure if it’s the CT scanning meeting at the same time as it’s a different department/section and it depends if they can fit me in at the same time. I must admit it’s the CT scan that frightens me the most but hey ho got to be done. No point chickening out now when I’ve got through chemo. 
It was my clinical oncology nurse who told me that my immune system would be compromised because of the herceptin so I’m pleased they’ve reduced me to 6 months worth rather than the original 12 months that was planned. 
My arm is a little bit sore where the PICC line was removed but it looks like it’s healing nicely and it’s so nice to have it out. 
Love and hugs to all

🌹💖🌈

Highlighted

Jowels. Totally agree. We should be proud of ourselves. Not sure I always am but we should be. You definitely should be as you have so suffered with SEs. Willing next Thursday on for you although I know it will be horrid for you afterwards. It will just be so lovely for you to be done with this bit. Sending love. Sally 

😘♥️🤗

Highlighted

Tracy. Woop woop 💐🌈🎂🥂🍾🎈🎉🎊

So pleased you have finished chemo. I do hope you don’t get cellulitis again too and that the SEs this time are gentle on you. 
I don’t think I remembered that herceptin lowers your immune system. Does that mean we need to continue to shield until it’s finished. That’s next March for me 😮

I hope the discharge and inverted nipple are nothing serious but it’s good to get it checked out so we’ll done for getting an appointment. 
So take care and build up your energy slowly. I still have to spend most afternoons resting otherwise the fatigue bug comes and bites me on the bum. 
Really pleased you’ve reached this milestone. Celebrate in style. 😘 😘 

Highlighted

Tracy 

a huge well done for finishing chemo 🥳🥳🍷you should be very proud.So pleased you got to ring the bell 🛎 and a video to keep is fab.♥️

hope your appointment at breast dr goes ok too.

thank you for your well wishes I cannot wait to be over it.so ready to be at the chemo finish line with you,Salsa and Shefgirl.There are a few of us nearly there now.

sorry to hear your radiotherapy is so far away.A week sounds better than 3 though for sure.

really hope your little girl can get to start year 1.We are in the same position with our son.Its so hard.

we should all be so very proud of ourselves 🌸💃

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Sorry I’ve been a little quiet again recently. Just relieved now that my final chemo went ahead on Tuesday this week and I was able to ring the cancer bell. My hubby couldn’t be with me due to coronavirus restrictions but it was lovely that the chemo nurses videoed it for me so I was able to share it with him afterwards. And a few of them lined up and clapped and cheered for me. It felt really emotional and so good to get to the end of this part of the treatment. At one point I was worried it wouldn’t go ahead as the local cottage hospital couldn’t get blood out of my PICC line or even my veins on Friday morning and I had to go through to the chemo unit that afternoon. Thank goodness they were able to get some out of my PICC after a good flush and clean. Phew!

My PICC line was removed after my last chemo as I won’t be needing it again for rads or targeted therapy herceptin injections. No more zarzio when I’m just on herceptin and bloods only need to be checked every 3 months. Also won’t be needing lansoprazole or anti sickness meds according to my clinical oncology nurse. 

I’m waiting for my rads appointment as my details have been passed over to that team now I’ve finished chemo. I’ve been told that it will only be a week as opposed to the original 3 weeks though which sounds so much easier to deal with as it’s a 26 mile drive to the radiotherapy unit. Luckily I was able to get chemo at a hospital closer to where we live. 

I was offered the choice of the herceptin injections being administered at home every 3 weeks but prefer to go through to my local chemo unit as I’ve built up quite a rapport with the nurses and the team there and would miss my visits. Unfortunately the herceptin also lowers my immune system so I’ll be shielding at least until they finish in mid November and however long my team advise me it takes for my body to recover. I’m hoping to get some advice though so that my little girl can start Year 1 in September so that she can make friends and not miss out by starting later in the year than everyone else. But then again that all depends on the school and virus situation by then so who knows. 

I’ve got a follow up appointment with my breast surgeon on 13th July  I’m not sure if this is standard or if they’ve fitted me in as I phoned up my breast care nurse for some reassurance recently.  My left nipple is still showing slight discharge occasionally which was my early warning sign last time and the nipple is inverted  although to be honest I think this is probably because the lump was near the nipple and the stitches are around the areole.  

I’m hoping I don’t get cellulitis in my face again this time but at least it should be the last time if I do. I’ve changed face creams to try and help with the dry flaking skin which we think is causing it after advice from the chemo team. So fingers crossed!

Jowels - hope your last treatment can go ahead on the 25th and sorry you’ve been having such a rough time with the sickness. Impressed that you’re still managing to do some runs though. 
Witchhazel - glad to hear they adjusted your dosage. I too have a flushed face but think it’s because of the docetaxel. I was lucky and got a wig before lockdown from a local wig consultant although I haven’t actually worn it yet. 

Gem - I totally identify with you saying you’re “fine” when it’s not how you’re really feeling. Thanks for the dequadin, wig and book tips. Cycle 4 was my worst cycle so hoping no 5 won’t be as bad for you. Sorry you’ve got such a long wait for the BRCA testing results. 
Salsa - thanks for the beetroot tip and the recommended book. Glad to hear you’ve finished chemo even though it was because your body developed an allergic reaction to the chemo drugs. Glad you enjoyed that bottle of champagne 🥂🍾

Shefgirl - glad that your last chemo was able to go ahead. The seroma sounds so painful. 
Ju72 - sorry to hear you’re having to wait a bit longer when you’re eager to return to work. 

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone. Hope you’re all coping well and getting towards the end of your chemo treatments. 

love and hugs to all

Tracy

🌹💖🌈

Highlighted

Gem 

well done on your chemo no 5 

hoping s/e are ok and the Pains from injections 

not sure re scans etc for radiotherapy as not had any info yet 

sending hugs xx

Highlighted

Salsa so pleased you feeling better 💋now you finished chemo 😀

I can imagine there will be fatigue days for sure.Guess we have to learn pacing -I’m not so good at this 😂especially with a 5 year old 🤣🤣

thank you for your well wishes for next week just want it done now x

Highlighted

Julie. All this treatment takes a long time. I feel for you that you have to stay away till Oct. Covid has certainly thrown a few more complications into the mix. I’ve been told not to physically go back to work till Nov but I can work from home in the meantime. So I’ll be about a year too. Frightening but I’m just so glad to have got treatment and to be okay. I do have down days tho. It’s only natural. Sending love. 😘 

Highlighted

Gem. So glad your final session went ahead. Well done for sticking out. Brings you that much closer to the finish line. Sounds like you’ve been through the mill a bit so bet you can’t wait to finish. Glad you held out for the cold cap too. That comb over makes all the difference.  I’ve been nursing mine for ages. Hair is still falling out but less than before. Waiting for it to start growing back, even if it is white. I have so much grey now I’m not sure I’d notice 🤣

Looking forward to you reaching the finish line. I bet you can’t wait. How many rads do you have to have. Hope it’s only 5. In the meantime take care keep eating those lentils and chickpeas 

Sending love 

Highlighted

Julie. Lovely to hear from you. Glad you’ve been enjoying a box set. Sounds great.
sorry the bone pain was bad again. Glad it’s not as bad as last time tho.
When is your last session?  Do you know if you’ll just be having one week of rads?  
Thinking of you. 😘 😘 😘 

Highlighted

I forgot I don’t have to have rads at all. V happy about that. Feel for all of you that have to go through that next. 

Highlighted

Jowels. It does feel amazing to be done with chemo. I have felt so much better. However, yesterday I felt shattered and the fatigue kicked in again. Still feel a bit better now but not back to normal yet.  However, I really do feel so much better since stopping. I cannot tell you the difference to my skin. I feel reborn. 

Fabulous that next week is your last one. I bet you can’t wait till you finish. Have that fizz chilling. 🥂🍰 I’m just so sorry you have to go through all those horrible SEs first 😩. I know you have a terrible time with them. 

😘 

Highlighted

Hi Jowels,

went ok but nearly didn’t go ahead. Blood was low and they wanted to do a transfusion which I didn’t want...then I told them I have my period and they’d taken 4 more vials of blood on bloods day to send for BRCA testing so she said it make sense with lower results - phew 😅 and they let me go ahead! I’m ramming in even more iron than usual...and I already thought I ate a lot (as a veggie I live on chickpeas, lentils and veg) hey ho...

Then because of the extent of my hair loss they nearly didn’t let me cold cap...held my ground and wore a surgical cap to protect my head...I may have barely any hair left but my little comb over has become precious to me 🤗 and I wasn’t getting to round 5 and giving up! They let me go ahead - hooray 🥳

Just hoping SE are ok...especially when I start injections tonight 🤞 

Does anyone know if we have dye for CT scan before rads and if you keep PICC line in for it?

So happy for those of you finished or nearly done!! 🤗🤗🤗

you’re all fab and thinking of work after this rollercoaster is a stretch...my job is ridiculously stressful and the more I reflect on a ‘normal day’ the more I see it and know I need to change a lot xx

love and hugs to you all 😘

Highlighted

Gem33

hope number 5 went ok for you yesterday and you are managing ok lovely x

Highlighted

Morning lovelies hope everyone is ok

Shefgirl good luck for side effects of last one.

ju72 , pleased the bone pain wasn’t as bad as previous cycle.I can’t wait to only have to experience the s/e once more next week 🥳

do you know how long your radiotherapy will be?my oncologist said I’m likely to have 5 days instead of 4 weeks.

i haven’t asked about how long it will be re work if I’m honest as my job is very demanding and I know I may not be ready for a while yet.i plan to do next weeks chemo then just rest as much as I can.its fairly high risk working with patients also re covid so I may have to adapt how I used to work.
I can imagine thang re building a new normal will take its time.

Hoping my little boy can go back to school for last week of term if I’m well and then I can rest even more before radiotherapy.well if oncologist agrees too.

we nearly there 🥳

Highlighted

Good Evening ladies Sorry I've not been on this week. Truth is after my 5th chemo last week I've got obsessed with a netflix series so not done much other than watch this and rest. My eyes seem to get a little blurry on the T so makes it difficult to message and to concentrate. Side effects similar to last time round although the horrific bone pain was bad but not as bad as before. 😄

So pleased side effects , infections and chemo have for the most part cleared up for you all. And that you all seem to be enjoying some exercise / yoga time / chill time. 

Think weve all got that bottle chilling for the final chemo session. 🥂🥳

Cant wait to get off that chemo bus , next stop rads bus. But almost there . Spoke with my onco last week and she believes it will be 3 months after my last chemo before I'm fit for work with the immune system being low and the threat of the virus. Not what I wanted to hear as that takes me to october and I will of been off for a year. 

Just craving some normality of actually going to work. Never thought I'd be eager to return but then being Ill isnt the same as having time off for a lovely holiday. 

Hope your all having a pleasant evening. Take care lovelies 😄

Highlighted

Sally

thats brill well done,it all helps for sure.

Does it feel amazing now you are finished chemo?do you have to have radiotherapy?

yes next Thursday my final one thank goodness.Cant wait to get it done even though I’ll be poorly for a while after.

sending hugs ❤️

Highlighted

Gem thank you for your message. 
Do you do bloods today for BRCA testing. I feel for you. 3 month wait is horrid. I hope it’s all okay tho. Good luck to you this week. 
Looking forward to you reaching the finish line too. Sending love. 😘 

Highlighted

Shefgirl so pleased your chemo could go ahead 🎉 🥳 🎈 that is absolutely fantastic news. So sorry you had that horrible infection tho. Sounds really tough. 
So I hope the SE’s aren’t too horrendous this time and you can recover quickly. Sending lots of love. 😘 

Highlighted

Jowels. Thank you so much for your lovely message. I did manage to build in a few jogs in my morning walk so I’m slowly increasing my fitness. 
Sooo hoping you get to the finish line quickly. Is the next one your last one now?  I bet you can’t wait. Sending lots of love. Sally

Highlighted

Shefgirl that’s brill news it’s not infected and they are ok for you to have your chemo 😊

I know it’s a strange thing to be wanting it but we want to be at the finish line don’t we. Good luck for last one tomorrow,you nearly there and nearly time for your kitchen dance 💃🥳

im feeling much better thank you.Been out running again today and yesterday 🏃‍♂️Doing my mental health the world of good.Im still drained and tired but that’s how it is this far through chemo isn’t it.

my last one next Thursday 25th so not long now.

sending hugs 🌸xx

Highlighted

shefgirl, 

so, so pleased to hear it’s not infected and that your chemo can go ahead! Yes, that must be strange being happy about it but I totally get that xxx

I sent of bloods for chemo tomorrow and BRCA testing...🤞🙏 it comes back negative...but three months wait so I’m trying to put thoughts of that away xx

Good luck for all chemo this week too and with SE and well done to those finished chemo 🥳xxx

Highlighted

Jowels...we are all doing so incredibly well.

Thanks for the best wishes tomorrow...we all enjoy the small things I think - best way 🤗xxx

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

Thank you so much for your lovely message. So kind of you and very much appreciated 💕💕

Well, good news in that wound is not infected and today was squeezed 🤢 cleaned and dressed.  Back to hospital next week to get it checked but good news is final chemo will go ahead tomorrow😄

Feeling very relieved! Got my box sets downloaded and snacks packed! Crazy to be this Happy chemo is going ahead🤪🤪🤪

Hope you are feeling better Jowels? 

Good luck to everyone having chemo this week. Speedy recovery to all coping with side effects xx 

Highlighted

Thanks Gem -lovely to be out running whilst I can.
good luck for number 5 Tomorrow hope it goes ok.

ah I know what you mean about dreading the next couple of weeks.

we are getting there though -I have to keep telling myself regularly.We can do it 😘♥️🌸

Highlighted

Glad you managed a run!

snd well done Salsa! Soo pleased you’ve finished 🤗

I’m sorry I haven’t been on much again - our internet has been shocking for a month- literally on and off - new provider on Thurs 🤞

Chemo 5 tomorrow- still nervous and dreading the Following weeks but going with it as we have to do.

i was totally wiped this time but getting my period yesterday probably explained the additional back ache and leg pains...it’s easing finally today...in time for tomorrow x

i hope you’re all doing ok? Big hugs xx

Highlighted

Shefgirl good luck for seeing consultant today ❤️🌸

Highlighted

Shefgirl so sorry you suffering with this seroma sounds awful.

have everything crossed for your recovery from it.So pleased you chilling with your box sets you enjoy and enjoy getting pampered.

sending you good vibes and loads of hugs ❤️💕x

Highlighted

Hi Tracy

Just wanted to check how you are doing? Is the cellulitis and cystitis starting to improve? I really hope so! 

When do you find out whether you can have your next chemo? I have to go for bloods on Monday but not hopeful. So weird to be wanting chemo... but I guess it is really all about finishing and ticking that bit off. 

Anyway, thinking of you and hope you feel much better soon and your treatment can progress x 

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

Wow! So impressed with you out running! And brilliant that you are managing to get through the side effects from this round. Onwards and upwards to that last one!! 

At the point where treatment is finally done (!) I will pick up the coach to 5km programme again as I started doing this before diagnosis and enjoyed it. 

Meanwhile...spent 3 hours at the hospital yesterday as not happy with the area where they drained a breast seroma earlier in the week. Had bloods done and a swab and no sign of infection at the moment but the area is raised, red and weepy and very painful!

Can’t see chemo going ahead this week and worried that rads will be delayed 😥

On a positive, hubby and kids are taking more responsibility for cooking etc so I am letting them and settling down with my duvet and box sets! 

Back to see Breast consultant and oncologist on Tuesday to see what can be done! 

Thinking of everyone xx 

Highlighted

Salsa thank you 

mind its a slow run these days.Like you surgery and chemo are a awful combination for energy levels and fitness for sure.
I have an appointment in July with my surgeon who I have not seen since op.Hoping it will be a face to face as need my softie for my bra  and other info for going forward.Like follow up And how you check yourself when you have had surgery etc.

pilates sounds good -I’m still yoga which I love and will definitely continue.

So pleased you enjoyed your champers 🥳💐bet you feel so relieved.Bet it doesn’t feel real.

sending hugs 🌸

cant wait to join you at the finish line 🏁 

Highlighted

Jowels well done on the run. V impressed. Not run since Jan. Chemo after major surgery meant I just haven’t got there yet. But I did a 45 min walk last week so maybe this week I should start adding in a bit of a jog. Also did Pilates on zoom yesterday. Boy did it work my stomach muscles. Just what I need. 
champers was fantastic. Saw a friend in the garden and it was just so lovely. I am willing you all into the finish so you can do it too. 
Sending love 😘 

Highlighted

Morning all 💐

witchhazel 

I use a mouthwash called Biotane that I get from amazon and which is pricey but does really help my mouth.As you know I have had loads of issues with my mouth.I have gone right off having boiled sweets as they remind me of feeling sick when having the FEC -yack!

if you can face an ice lolly I do get a lot of relief from them.

hope it improves for you lovely 🌸

im feeling a lot more human now and which is lovely and managed a little run yesterday.Im planning to do the same today -feels so good to be back out ☀️🏃‍♂️
Desperate for any normality.

salsa how was your Champers?💃💃

Shefgirl how you feeling,hope you ok ❤️
Sending hugs lovelies 🌸💐

Highlighted

BBACBD2F-C6E7-42AA-B69E-982C29D5F7A6.png

Highlighted

Witch Hazel I’ll send a pic xx

FB62E379-2195-4357-A895-5128ECB591B6.png

Highlighted

How goes it everyone?

Gem, which Amazon seller did you use for a wig? I find it all so confusing.

Trying baking soda for the sore tongue today, not much is helping with the achey ankles though!

Highlighted

Shefgirl. Thanks for your lovely message. It’s such a bummer that you have this infection. Yes I can’t believe you have this so long after surgery. I do hope you recover soon and build your strength up for the next session. It’s strange isn’t it. You dread it but you are so disappointed when it’s delayed as you just know it’s longer to the finish line. I too am hoping your final session comes round soon. Then we can have a little celebration here too 🥳 

Sendung hugs 🤗 💕 😘