Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

March 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: March 2020 Chemo Starters

Hi sally 

ah itโ€™s great being out thank you.

Only had a brief leg hug with my son as heโ€™s full of cold and am now not seeing him or my hubby until the weekend until Iโ€™m more weโ€™ll and out of the low point immunity wise.

hope you are doing ok.

ive managed a wheetabix today which is the first thing other than toast so hope this is the start of eating better.
sending hugs ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Highlighted

Jowels. 
so so pleased you are out of hospital. Was your little boy pleased to see you or what. 
Must have been so horrid. Hope you can stay safe at home now. 
sending masses of ๐Ÿ’• and ๐Ÿค— 

Get well and good luck ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

๐Ÿ˜˜ 

sally

Highlighted

Hi Ange

Hereโ€™s hoping everything goes like a dream for you. So sorry you had a tough time last time but glad you are ready with all your little tricks. Must admit Iโ€™ve borrowed some of these myself. 
Addicted to peppermint tea at the moment. Never really gone for it before but apparently it helps the bowel movements and helps a bit with nausea. 
Good luck girl. Let us know how you feel when you get out on the other side. Sending love ๐Ÿ’• and ๐Ÿค— 

Highlighted

oh Julianna so sorry youโ€™ve felt so sick ๐Ÿคข    
Do hope you start to feel better soon. Had my 2nd cycle yesterday and I do feel a lot more wiped out than last time. But Iโ€™m doing okay. Not feeling ๐Ÿคฎ so thatโ€™s a positive. Just trying to work out how we can self isolate as effectively as possible. 
wreteched c-19 

wedding anniversary tomorrow. Last year we celebrated 25 years in Venice. Beautiful. Iโ€™m going to hold onto that. 
sending love to all. 
๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿ’• 

Highlighted

Morning lovelies 

Juliana, so sorry to hear about the sickness I was the exact same.They said they are looking at adjusting my meds for cycle 2.Im still only on water and small pieces of white toast but may try something better today.Hope you pick up soon and they can adjust your meds.

Ange -glad you feeling ok about today, sending hugs-good plan with hot water bottle too.I have good veins but had a junior doctor nearly harpooning me in hospital leaving me bruised and sore.I know what you mean about just wanting to get on with it.i am due to finish in July my birthday month so grasping on to that with my nails.My team have said that they are not cancelling any treatment at the moment so Iโ€™m hanging on to that.I know in some areas this is sadly not the case.

i slept so good in a proper bed last night now Iโ€™m out of the hospital.I wake up a lot now though to get comfy and move my aching, heavy legs but I can cope with that if there is sleep in between ๐Ÿ˜‚

letโ€™s hope for a decent day for all of us 

sending hugs ๐Ÿ’œ

Highlighted

Hi Juliana

So sorry to hear the chemo has made you sick. Hope you will start to feel better over the coming days. Can they adjust your medication for the next round? 

Thanks for your message Jowels. Feeling ok about round 2 - keen to get on with it and try and stick to my timetable with a June end date...but who knows with what is going on?! Have learnt a fair bit from round one so got my carbs and pineapple and laxatives at the ready!! What a combination ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ Also a hot water bottle to help them find a vein this time!! 

Everyone stay safe and feel better soon. 

Ange xx 

Highlighted

Hello ladies ๐Ÿ‘‹

only just managed to get the phone now to read your messages. Had the most horrendous time after first chemo - very very very sick ๐Ÿคข 

ended up at GP surgery for injection of anti sickness, and Iโ€™m finally a bit better - managed few sips of water and two cream crackers 

jowels, so glad to hear that you are escaping hospital ๐Ÿ‘, enjoy your time with your mum and you will soon see your boy. 

It is indeed scary time.... weโ€™ve decided to not send the kids to school from tomorrow - letโ€™s the fun begin!! 
love to you all xxx

Highlighted

Hi lovelies 

Ange 

thank you,I would have skipped out if I had any energy.Good luck for cycle 2 tomorrow how you feeling about it?

salsa thank you for you wishes,hope you doing ok.

sending hugs and hope we can all keep safe from all bugs xxx

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

So pleased you are escaping hospital! Wonโ€™t be long and you will be back with your little boy. 

Lovely that your mum can look after you for a while. 

And yes recommend trimming the hair... less traumatic when it comes out in the shower as I discovered this morning!! Pixie cuts are so in ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคฃ

Rest up and feel better soon. 

Ange xx 

Highlighted

Thank you Salsa140 ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Highlighted

Oh Shefgirl. Poor you. As if you hadnโ€™t been through enough ๐Ÿ’ฉ already. 
I was going to have a pukka wig appointment but I cancelled it as I had a sore throat and didnโ€™t think it was fair to spread anything. Turns out it was just a sore mouth and throat from side effects. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

but whoโ€™s going to see me now anyway. Iโ€™m only going out to go to hospital and for walks and a hat will be fine for both of those. ๐Ÿคช

it is rather terrifying going to hospital thinking am I going to get it here. Everyone is ๐Ÿ‘€ at each other nervously. 
I feel for you and hope all your sessions run smoothly and virus free. 
take care and sending lots of love ๐Ÿ’• and ๐Ÿค—. ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

ok Jewels. 
poor you. No wonder you are feeling so rubbish if they are treating you for thrush. Horrid. The whole coved 19 thing is horrendous and has already caused a family row as my partner doesnโ€™t think our 20 year old is taking things seriously enough. ๐Ÿ™„ 
I bet you canโ€™t wait to get out of there. Can your family visit or is that banned as part of the lockdown. So sorry for you honey ๐Ÿฏ so sending ooodles of love ๐Ÿ’• and ๐Ÿค— 

You focus on what you need to get well and strong and home ๐Ÿก ๐Ÿ˜€ 

In the meantime please feel free to rant ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ away here. 
๐Ÿ˜˜ take care ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

Hi ange 

thank you.

just seen oncology sister and had a good talk to her.

im allowed home -yippee 

to take fluconazole and paste thing for my mouth 

filgrastim injections for 3 days 

oncologist will do phone review as no clinics being held now.

i canโ€™t go home now though as my son has a cold and Iโ€™m day 7 tomorrow so canโ€™t chance it.

im going to stay with my mam who has very kindly got my room ready and will stay there.I miss my boys so much but itโ€™s the sensible option.

pleased you all set for round 2 tomorrow hun.Cant believe that happened with your fringe -you are right itโ€™s wierd the way it happens.

Iโ€™ve got folicultis and scalp so bloody itchy  and sore so Iโ€™m asking Mam to cut my hair shorter again as think this is not helping having it at bob Length.I want to know when I donโ€™t have to shave the legs ๐Ÿ˜‚

ange good luck for tomorrow-big hug

everyone else hope you doing ok ๐Ÿ’œ

I know itโ€™s really scary with covid and Iโ€™ve seen some things whilst being in hospital that have freaked me,but all we can do is do our best to keep safe for us and our family.Ive also kept off the news as itโ€™s just stressing me.
lots of hugs x

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

So sorry to hear that you are still in hospital and feeling rubbish! What a crap thing to happen! Really hope that you feel better in the coming days and can get home to your own bed. Are you allowed visitors? 

I am going ahead with round 2 of FEC tomorrow. Had fun getting my bloods done as the clinic has closed until further notice! Had to go to the local community hospital where everybody waiting was eyeing each other nervously...not ideal! 

In other news, lost my fringe over the weekend!! It used to come down to my eyebrows! Now I am practically having to do a comb over to cover the growing bald patch at the front! I naively assumed it would go from the crown first but oh

no ... the most visible bit! Well given I am not going anyway other than hospital visits it really isnโ€™t an issue ๐Ÿ˜Š

Keeping everything crossed that you are on the road to recovery very soon. 

Ange xx ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Highlighted

Hi everyone
sorry about being quite Iโ€™ve been feeling rubbish.Turns out now I donโ€™t iv antibiotics and they the treating me for thrush in throat and mouth with fluconazole 400.My bloods are ok but cos of covid the place is on lockdown.I am desperate to leave the hospital as I think I have a higher chance of becoming infected.

im day 6 now so itโ€™s a worrying time to be in hospital

im so pleased my bloods are not showing neutropenia but feeling wiped out and pretty pants.Still only having water and White bread.
How is everyone else doing?

sending hugs ๐Ÿค— x

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

Sorry to hear youโ€™re in hospital ๐Ÿ’– hopefully youโ€™ll be home soon for lots of hugs with your little boy. 
Hugs

Tracy x

Highlighted

Jowels. So sorry you are in hospital feeling rubbish and hooked up

to anti biotics. Hope you are feeling better and home again soon. The whole covid 19 is frightening. Listened to the news and feel really down. Planning camper van trips, villas in the sun and spa breaks. The research cheers me up even if nothing is ever booked. 
sending love Jowels and get better soon. ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

Tracy so sorry you had to go to A&e. All sounds v scary and worrying. Glad to hear your bloods were okay but hope the fatigue wears off and your appetite improves soon. You take care. 
๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

Oh Jewels, so sorry to hear your news. Really hope you are on the road to recovery very quickly and soon back home with your family. 

Take care and let others take care of you for now. 

Ange xx 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Jowels โค๏ธ Sorry to hear you are having a cheeky break in casa nhs โค๏ธ What day in your cycle are you? Get them to check your mouth for thrush is they havenโ€™t done so and you want fluconzole if it is, donโ€™t be fobbed off with the drops โค๏ธ Keep fluids flowing. March thread time for the famous May17 neutrophils ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐ŸปTo help get jowels out of casa nhs ASAP ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐ŸปJowels what do you want everyone ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐ŸปTo? ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•โœจโœจShi xx

Highlighted

Thank you lovely xx

Highlighted

Iโ€™m so very sorry to hear that you are in hospital ..... sending massive hugs and wishing you a speedy recovery- you will get through this! And make up with hugs and hugs with your little boy when you are better! Keep fighting!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ’ช ๐Ÿ˜˜

Highlighted

Hello everyone 

hope you are all ok.

Iโ€™m writing from hospital ๐Ÿ˜จbeen in a and e all and now been admitted for iv antibiotics and review by oncologist in the morning.My throat is unbelievably sore and have a huge headache.of course with the covid situation they are panicking  i have this so they have swabbed me for it.I did explain I havenโ€™t been anywhere other than hospitals or my house so unlikely to have covid.

im not allowed to see my little boy either ๐Ÿ’”

cancer is just the gift that keeps giving ๐Ÿ˜จ

Hugs x

Highlighted

Hi Juliana, 

that must have been so stressful for you having to leave after 15 minutes because the test results werenโ€™t back.  The fear of the chemo was worse for me than the actual session. The nurses were all lovely and very understanding. I also enjoyed chatting to others who were having chemo at the same time. But I think I needed to get through it for myself before I could say that wasnโ€™t as bad as I thought it was going to be. 
Wishing you all the best for tomorrow. 
Hugs,

Tracy x

Highlighted

Hi Tracy, 

Iโ€™m sorry you were in A&E but glad to hear that you were put in a private room - thatโ€™s what I told would happen but good to hear that it did happen - itโ€™s such a worry with so much going around... 

thanks for the tip about not shaving the hair completely- Iโ€™m going to have the cold cap but got wig and beanies just in case and the lady that sold me the wig did say that best not to shave to prevent (or at least reduce) itching from the wig. 
All to come for me, first chemo tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜ฌ, after having to leave the chemo unit on Thursday (15 minutes with the cold cap running) because the results of one test not ready yet.... xx

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

the good news is I only waited a few minutes before being called into triage when I was at A&E so at least I was in a private room for most of my stay there. Told them I was having chemo at reception. 

Canโ€™t believe only just checked my pubes after reading some of your comments and Iโ€™ve got a bald patch. Didnโ€™t even notice them dropping out!

My breast care nurse and also the wig consultant advised me not to shave my head once my hair starts to fall out as theyโ€™ve seen people get skin infections as a result. I had been considering it beforehand as my hairdresser offered to do it and open the shop up especially for me so it was done in private. 

Hoping to get out for a walk this afternoon too. 

Hugs to all,

Tracy x

Highlighted

Hi Everyone and Hi Tracy

so sorry to hear of your visit to a&e.That must have been very worrying for you ....glad to know that everything was ok in the end. 

My 17 year old daughter has got a cold so we are dodging each other around the house ...she is a typical teenager so spends a lot of time in her room anyway...even so will be going around the house later with anti bac wipes! Chemo 2 next week and would like it to go ahead if possible! 

Hair is falling out at a pace...may get the clippers on it later. I have to admit to it being horrifyingly fascinating seeing how it is shedding! Parts of my head feel tingling and slightly sore and not nice to wake up with hair all over the pillow....glad I sorted my wig and hats etc

Hoping to get out for a walk this afternoon.

Take care everyone and feel better soon x 

Highlighted

Hi all

Tracy 

Glad you ok after visiting a and e.Sounds hideous.

i know what you mean about the nausea and tiredness.im still only able to drink Cold water and eat white toast.My mouth has been so sore despite sweets,tried pineapple and am brushing teeth with soft brush and using biotane mouthwash.

i can get some relief from ice lollies.i havent been out other than to beach since my surgery as Iโ€™m high risk for catching stuff with my asthma.

my throat feels scratchy and sore so keeping an eye on that in case I have something from my little boy (despite huge lengths to prevent).

the Coronavirus is making access to hospitals much more of a hazard for us now so hope I donโ€™t need to use a and e.Even going in for bloods and chemo is scary as you have to walk through the hospital and sit with others.

anyway hope everyone doing ok canโ€™t wait to feel bit better 

hugs xxx

Highlighted

Hi everyone, sorry Iโ€™ve been a bit quiet this week. Spent 4 hours in A&E on Monday (day 6 of cycle 1) getting my heart checked out after having palpitations through night.  Luckily everything was fine but I left with sore hands after 4 attempts to get blood. In the end a senior doctor had to use a scan to find a blood vessel and even then it was hard getting blood but they wanted to check my bloods as I was on chemo. Everything was fine with my bloods too thank goodness. 

I havenโ€™t started losing hair yet but my scalp feels tender. My taste buds are taking a little getting used to now. I used to love Nescafรฉ cappuccino Irish Cream and Unsweetened but now they taste disgusting. Iโ€™m only managing about half a cup of tea or coffee at a time. Flavoured water tastes okay. Iโ€™m craving carbs in particular toasted cheese sandwiches. 

Iโ€™m now on day 11 of cycle one and have managed to catch a cold off my 5 year old daughter despite all my precautions. Not too bad at the mo. The worst for nausea was in the early days. The tiredness has been surprising this last week. Iโ€™ve stayed indoors days 7-11 as I knew my immune system was at its lowest and didnโ€™t want to take any chances. 

Iโ€™m still waiting for an appointment to get a PICC line fitted and worried in case they donโ€™t get it done before my next chemo. Thereโ€™s Coronavirus though in Carlisle which has the hospital I need to attend to get it done. Iโ€™ve got a meeting scheduled with the oncologist nurse on Monday so hopefully she might be able to chase it up for me. 

Hugs to all

Tracy x

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes it can be a bit of a surprise, itโ€™s a case of hair today and gone tomorrow. If you ever need a laugh lesley who was on nov17 Chemo thread after our oct17 thread washed her wigs in the bath and posted a photo and we all ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚thinking she had shed very long pubes in the bath ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃwell you have to laugh at it all really through chemo it does help ๐Ÿ˜ and you will all share your tips getting through ๐Ÿ˜ it was our meesh on our thread who opened up the ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃfor us all in the early days with her bum buttering tips when we all had piles ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚proper legend ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I know itโ€™ll seem like a way off but get your meet up planned, it gives you all something to look forward to and it did seem to come round quick once weโ€™d arranged ours ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•โœจโœจShi xx

Highlighted

Hi Shi

I am just astounded it has happened so quickly! I assumed the hair loss would start from the head down ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ah the pube shedding, youโ€™ll need to be careful if you hover above toilet seats when out (avoiding germs from strange loo seats) because youโ€™ll find wee goes all over the place with no pubes ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ who knew ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•โœจโœจShi xx

Highlighted

No need for a Brazilian for you then. ๐Ÿคช

Highlighted

Helen

your message has really made me smile.I was wondering when that would happen now I know!

hugs x

Highlighted

Morning ladies!

Probably far too much information for a Saturday morning but...my pubes are coming out in clumps! I didn't expect that at day 10! #silverlining

Have a good day all. Helen

Highlighted

Hi Jowels 

I had to look that up. The list of side effects goes on somewhat doesnโ€™t it? Sounds horrendous. Sending hugs. I do hope things ease off for you and it gets easier. I realise this might be a vain hope but hereโ€™s hoping. Sending hugs ๐Ÿค— 

Highlighted

Yes Iโ€™m on soft bread and chicken breast ๐Ÿคช Not my usual choice at all. 
So sorry to hear about the hair. Iโ€™m dreading it ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ But I suppose as with the rest you just have to go with it. I will get some nice beanies too.  
Hope the next session goes okay. Sending hugs ๐Ÿค— 

Highlighted

Hi Shefgirl 

thank you โ™ฅ๏ธ

this is reassuring for me as itโ€™s such a change to what we normally eat.

yes the constipation will be an issue unless Iโ€™m on it soon.I have lots of prune juice in fridge ready to start and good old Movicol.

Sorry to hear about the hair coming out I dread it even though I know itโ€™s coming.

i just keep telling myself I never chose this and have no choice.I do have my lovely wig and some beanies though.

good luck for cycle 2.One more down for you thatโ€™s brill.yes stock up on the carbs!iim definitely doing that.

lots of hugs 

xx

Highlighted

Salsa

good to hear  you not too rough thatโ€™s good.Long May it continue 
im having FEC every 21 days (3weekly)

sending hugs x

Highlighted

Hi Jowels

sorry to hear you have had a rough few days. I found white carbs the only thing I could manage for around 5 days; plain rice, pittas, plain pasta with butter, chicken and bananas. Of course eating all those carbs can also lead to constipation so I drank loads and ate dried apricots and prunes and cold pineapple from the fridge which was lovely to take away nasty taste in mouth. 

This phase hopefully wonโ€™t last too long and youโ€™ll get your appetite and energy back.

I have my 2nd chemo next week so will once again be stocking up on the carbs! 

My hair is shedding now...got to try and stop twiddling it as it comes out in my fingers! Pretty sure I will have lost it all in the next couple of weeks. 

Anyway, hope you feel stronger each day xx 

Highlighted

thanks jowels. I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve been too badly affected so far. But how are you feeling now?  
Apologies if youโ€™ve already explained but how often is your chemo?  
๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

And now I canโ€™t even spell good luck 

another joy!!xx

Highlighted

Oh and salsa good look cold capping 

hope it works ๐Ÿ’œx

Highlighted

Salsa 

I know itโ€™s so odd isnโ€™t it!

my husband is getting me some white bread today to try toast as I canโ€™t face my usual seeded stuff!

thank you I hope so too.

hope you are ok too xx

Highlighted

Sorry Iโ€™ve been a bit quiet 

started weekly paclitaxol. 
apart from the cold cap it went okay. Feel washed out now and have a sore throat. Donโ€™t know if Iโ€™m coming down with something or itโ€™s just the side effects. Donโ€™t have a temp or anything so just drinking honey and lemon and sitting on the sofa. Canโ€™t face anymore tv. ๐Ÿคช

Sending love and hugs to you all. ๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

Hope you are feeling better and the weekly cycles are kinder to you. 
sounds like youโ€™ve had a really tough time. 
take care. 
๐Ÿ˜˜ 

Highlighted

So sorry youโ€™ve had such awful side effects. You really do seem to be wiped out. Itโ€™s funny buts it already changed my eating habits. Soft white bread. Whatโ€™s happening to me ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I do hope you are past the worst of it. Sending love 

Highlighted

So sorry it was postponed. What a nightmare when you get yourself all psyched up for it

i found the cold cap really unpleasant ๐Ÿฅถ for the first 10 mins. I was lucky enough to have someone with me to massage my legs and distract me. Tried breathing exercises which helped. After that it was fine. A bit heavy at first and then I just fell asleep ๐Ÿ˜ด
I am going to keep going with it if I can and if itโ€™s worth it. 
good luck to you and hope your next session all goes to plan

Highlighted

C virus is a complete pain isnโ€™t it. I was really looking forward to starting the first support group meeting last week but they have all been cancelled for MONTHS ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Highlighted

good luck and hope it all finally goes ahead for you. Sending hugs. ๐Ÿ˜˜