treehouse

Re: May 2017 chemo starters

Lol thanks MJK. love the bug swat ๐Ÿ˜‚
MJK

That's great AnnieA. We'll done to your Katie and a big thank you. X
treehouse

Katie how long ago was your test? I was told 6 to 8 weeks. At 9 weeks I phoned. They had the results. No idea how long I would have waited for them to contact me.
Glad your daughter had a good day Annie ๐Ÿ˜Š
MJK

For Mai7 ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ extra neutrophils dancing. Not that I'm going clubbing tonight ๐Ÿ˜ด . For treehouse ๐Ÿด๐Ÿ™Œ. For WolfEE ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽพ. Big hugs to you all. X
AnnieA

Katie, (my daughters also called katie) ๐Ÿ™‚ she got on fantastic thank you and she loved every minute. Very proud and emotional day xx
treehouse

Thanks Mai. Just found one and dozing off nicely. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I know what you mean...i hate Wednesday;
Mai7

I think you're right, we've hit the half way wall, the half way hump. It's like Wednesday!  I've run a half marathon before so it's a similar feeling. Let's get reenergised for the next half up to the finish line.

Treehouse, cows need love too! ๐Ÿฎ Have you tried listening to some 'guided imagary meditation' I've found that to be really good for putting you in a relaxation bubble. If you put those three words into Spotify, or whatever you use, there will be plenty to choose from.

katie11

I'm waiting on my genetic test results treehouse. Getting bit nervous now!

Hope tomorrow brings a better day for us all! Think as we are half way through now it's slowly catching up with us x
treehouse

Rosie have you had surgery already? (sorry but chemo brain means I cant remember everyone and we have clocked up over 80 pages to re read๐Ÿ˜Š)
I would love to hear how your genetics follow up goes and what they recommend for you and other family members. My sister is filling in forms for test and needs me to sign saying they can use my records.

Does anyone else have genetic tests results too?
treehouse

Oh Mai. This seems to have caught up with us this time.
. I seem to have low patience and feel close to tears today. The kids usual bickering is driving me mad. I would say it is PMT but have missed 2 periods and have no idea where I am with all that.
Humph.
Not quite a marshmallow more a moody cow ๐Ÿฎ
Mai7

Katie, I guess that was a Freudian slip! I have room in solitary confinement to protect me from germs but it's very comfortable. I have to stay again tonight as my neutrophils were tested at 0.46 so very slightly lower than before. My diarrhoea is getting slightly better though so hopefully my neutraphils will bounce back tomorrow. I'm day 9 today so lowest immune period anyway. 

katie11

Hope ur feeling better soon wolfee. Wonder how the bug got on after biting you!!!! Lol x

U make me giggle mai. "Don't know of I will get Released" you sound like you are in prison or is that how you feel?

How did your daughter get on annie?

I'm feeling OK too rosie. Legs are feeling a little achey today (day 3) other than that am ok. Here's hoping next 8 weeks are the same xx
Mai7

Oh dear WolfEE, that sounds unpleasant. Hope it all heals up soon. Sending you a hug. Xx

im still in the hospital and waiting for results of today's blood test.  I've been told I have to have 2 more doses of antibiotics today and still have to wait for neutrophil results. Don't know if I'll be released today or morning depending on result, I guess. I've enjoyed reading and am half way through the book "beat cancer" by Mustafa Djamgoz and Jane Plant. It's a really thorough read from a patient perspective and goes through all of the myths to avoid and what is proven to work in diet control. Basically, everyone seems to suggest avoiding dairy and refined foods is the best favour you can do yourself.

Rosie65

Hope the hand is feeling better now WolfEE, you'd think the bugs would keep away from our toxic blood

treehouse- we are BRCA1 sisters now. I have a follow up appt next Friday with genetics and my niece & daughter are having their blood tests

I have had no real side effects from the treatment (yet!!) - how have you found it Katie?  No nausea and no tablets to space me out. It's just annoying to feel so lacking in energy from the low rbc so like the rest of you I'm having a chill out day. Just had a fishfinger sandwich with half a bag of spinach - Popeye's got nothing on me!

MJK

Big hugs WolfEE. Sounds nasty. I'm doing ok with the side effects just a bit zombie mode so we're having a lazy day.
treehouse

Oh wolfee. That sounds nasty.
I was always juicy to bugs and was covered in bites. I use bug repellent but they seem to not like me with chemo.
I hope it goes down quickly. Sending hugs.
WolfEE

Back from a&e. Got bitten by an insect and hand swollen up. Have seven days of antibiotics four times a day. They have drawn a line around my hand if the swelling gets worse or rash passes the line I have to get back down the hospital. It's sore making a fist. I also have bites on my ankles.
I'm also suffering low mood (steroid comedown) and feel nauseous and headache.
Bad day โ˜น๏ธ
treehouse

How you doing Mai?
Hope Trish and Rosie and anyone who had treatment this week are doing ok with SEs.
I am having a lazy day watching the kids water play in the garden ๐Ÿก today.
Keep fighting ladies. This chemo is toxic stuff but we are stronger!
Your constant support, understanding and advice is essential to keeping me going. ๐Ÿ˜โค Thank you all. X x
katie11

Anniea what an amazing daughter you have. You must be very proud, wish her luck and hopes she has a fab time . I did pretty muddy in Heaton Park last year and was loads of fun. Looks like the sun is shining for her today too xx

Hope today is drama free ladies xx

treehouse

That is so lovely Annie. Tell her we think she is awesome ๐Ÿ˜Š
Fingers crossed tomorrow is drama free for everyone.
X
Mai7

AnnieA, that's lovely. ๐Ÿ’‘ ๐Ÿ’ž It really gets family passionate after your diagnosis and brings the fundraising community together. My Mum did the race for life recently and is having a tea party tomorrow to raise money for breastcancercare. Xxx
Mishy18

What a lovely girl x bet you're really proud of her x
AnnieA

๐ŸŽ—PROUD MUM MOMENT๐ŸŽ—
My 13 year old daughter is taking on pretty muddy tomorrow in Manchester and has raised ยฃ370 for cancer research. When I sat her down to have the conversation about my diagnosis one of the things she said to me was mum I'm going to do the race for life for you. So here she is doing it for us all tomorrow ๐ŸŽ—๐ŸŽ— xx
katie11

Oh ladies, not a good day !!! Glad to hear you both still sound positive though. Hugs to you both xx

Does make you realise how fragile we all are . X
Mai7

MJK, bwaaaaahh! That pretty much guarantees a score of one, I reckon. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Aww, special time with your son is good, I wish mine could still fall asleep on me - might be a bit heavy now though!

Treehouse, I'm doing the rbc one handed jive double-quick-time with my non-cannula hand! ๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿผ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ––๐Ÿฝ

Rosie, I think you're right, I should have kept working. The break in routine has made me go all out of balance!

busybees, yes, glad I rang as my chakras have clearly dis aligned!

Rosie65

Oh ok mine was 91 but they went ahead - it really was borderline then. The chemo nurse did say they're more reluctant to do blood transfusions now unless they really have to

busybeeS

Mai. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. I was going to say that my onc said if you have 4 or more bouts of diarrhoea in a day then to phone help line. Glad you have done the right thing and they are looking after you again.
treehouse

91. Transfusion triggered at 90. ( it used to be triggered at 100)
Trisha69

LOL!
Rosie65

Treehouse - what was your rbc? Just wondering at what level it fails

MJK

๐Ÿ’ƒA neutrophils dance for Mai with a ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ›  for good measure. ๐Ÿ–‘๐Ÿ–โœŠโœ‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘and a hand jive for you Treehouse. Hugs to you both. My son has fallen asleep on me on the sofa so I'll just have to sit and watch the tennis. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŽพ
treehouse

Mai I will do you a neutrophils dance if you do me an rbc hand jive.
It worked last time......i will try anything.
Rosie65

Oh how frustrating treehouse. I think my red blood cells were borderline and blood transfusion was mentioned. It seems that the cumulative effect of treatment is starting to take its toll on us all

Can't believe you're back in hospital Mai, here's hoping your diarrhoea clears up and neutrophils rise. I think you need to get back to work!

Mai7

I've made a wish to the Neutrophil fairy for a score of one by morning and for Treehouse too. Is it too much to wish for, goodness sake?! ๐Ÿ„
treehouse

Thanks everyone. I feel fine about brca1 . I like to have information in order to make the best decision. I am fed up they have moved treatment to Tues and husband had already booked monday off and I I might not even have it.
Platelets improved by 50 last time but Dr thinks rbc may still go down before they go up. It's the Carboplatin.

Mai7. Sorry to hear you are back in hospital. Hope they get you sorted soon. Well done for calling in.
Stay positive.
Trisha69

Oh Mai get some rest. Mine were 0.5 too but let me out when hit 1 the magic number apparently x
Trisha69

Big hugs Treehouse. I know from my experience that results can improve quickly. My platelets went from 38 to 52 to 91 in 3 days and a week later am ar 261! & the WBC from 1.7 -4.6. Thinking of you x
Mai7

Treehouse, sending you a big hug and hope you're coping as well as anyone can with the news, but the more you know now, the better equipped you are for your decision-making for stopping it coming back. ๐ŸŒท Xxx

I too have been sick of managing the chemo effects today. I phoned the hospital to let them know about the diarrhea and ask if I can take Imodium and they've admitted me back in again and I'm back on the antibiotic drip. My neutrophil level has dropped to 0.5 so they want me here overnight. At least I had a day of freedom in between!

Anniej, I had an egg sandwich for lunch. We must be psychic!

misyangel

Treehouse so frustating when you fail blood test really hope it improves for Monday.  Sorry to hear news about BRCA1, best to know now and do as much preventative as possible.

busybeeS

Treehouse. Sorry to hear your news, forewarned is forearmed. You know what you have to deal with now. I hope you feel it's better to know in order to have the best treatment available.
With regards your bloods, I know it's not the same but I have had low WBC and neutrophils from a test taken the day before treatment on the last 2 cycles. They have repeated the test again on the day of treatment and sent it to the lab as urgent. And both have come back fine and they have gone ahead as scheduled. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. xx
treehouse

AND I failed2 blood tests. Platelets and red blood cells. If I don't improve by Monday they will delay treatment and I will need a blood transfusion. Grrrrrr!
Feeling fed up.
Rosie65

Big hug treehouse xx. It's a shock to get confirmation but at least it gives you some control over reducing future risks. How do you feel about the result?

katie11

Big hugs treehouse. How you feeling about it? X
MJK

Big hugs Treehouse. X
Anniej
Community Champion

Mai, could you manage eggs - boiled / scrambled. Plus a bit of toast? The eggs act as a natural binding agent, and the carbs may help to reduce wind as it packs the tummy out. Spelt bread would be best if you have it. X

treehouse

Ok. So the genetics councillor called. I have BRCA1 alteration. They want me to consider removal of healthy tissue to reduce risk and ref to gynaecology to discuss, ovaries.
Off to see onc.
MJK

She knows and is happy with it. She's happy with the AHCC too which is good as that seems to have boosted my WBC count. It took a cycle to kick in. I think she knows that I do my homework and won't take anything that clashes. X
Mai7

MJK,  have some feroglobin and was going to ask Oncolgist whether to take it regularly when I start the taxol drug rounds as the taxols reduce the red and white blood cell count.  Did your oncologist agree for you to take it?

Mai7

MUK, thanks, I may have to buy some Imodium then if the chemo-diarrhoea requires intervention! I've had the lemon, manuka and ginger drink (also added a spoon of apple cider vinegar) so I'll see how that pans out! (pardon the unintended yet hilarious pun!) ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Rosie, I also find family history very interesting although it's a bit like going on the Internet - you can go off in all directions!  I'm assuming that I'll need radiotherapy and I think the delayed reconstruction makes to harder to have the flap technique as the tissue will have shrunk back and tightened more. So the decision may be right there due to lack of choices available.

treehouse

Just phoned genetics people. After looking on the computer he said he would get a genetics councillor to call me back. Eeek!