362717posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2017 chemo starters

Highlighted

May 2017 chemo starters

Hi I am starting chemo on 9th May at Nottingham City Hospital. Having 6 x FEC-T. Anyone else about to start and wants to compare side effects?

8,909 REPLIES 8,909
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse, sorry you didn’t get much sleep again, hope you get onto onc ward or better still get allowed home today 😘no consolation but at least you got yourself there so they can get antibiotics into you and sort it out lovely, it just gets you a bit as all you want are your home comforts, it won’t be long now, keep 😁and be proud of how much you have achieved, you are so much stronger than you believe you are. 💕💕shi xx
Highlighted

Hi Trish. How you doing post op?
Mishy I must be 9 weeks post Chemo and 4 weeks post surgery. Neutrophils are good but yes they think I am just unlucky and low after EVERYTHING. This really did come from nowhere as wounds look fab. Keep taking your temperature. I did and stupidly ignored it. I thought it was a cold .

Missyangel I remember about your long surgery yes that’s a lot. How many surgeons working ? I understand your anxiety, we all do. Best wishes and hugs xoxo x x be patient with yourself x

Well that taught me for feeling smug about no hospital admission during Chemo.
Highlighted

Your being so brave Treehouse!
I agree the nurses really are amazing. I cant begin to imagine 12 hour shifts and the nurses Ive met often stay longer. Sending you a healing hug . Trisha xx
Highlighted

These nurses deserve medals and double the pay!!!!!
Old Age is a scary disease ! Not a lot of sleep on this ward .
Looks like my heart rate might finally be coming down. Definitely not due to the rest and relaxation.

Seriously no idea how they work here every day. Desperate to go home I miss my family and sleep.
Highlighted

Oh Treehouse don't be scared it's easy for me to say but I'm sure once the Ives antibiotics start to work you will feel a little better x have they said what type or where the infection is yeti hope you get settled in a more comfortable ward soon how far post chemo are you, do you think your immune system may still have been a little comprised due to effects from chemo or maybe your a little run down in general post op take care of yourself xxx
Highlighted

Another night in MAU as they have nowhere else to put me. All symptoms are due to infection. I have had to have another canular as the last one started leaking. Still on antibiotics wishing they would work a bit quicker. Whole thing scares the hell out of me if I’m honest. At least I’m not getting any worse. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Thanks for support lovely ladies. Watch that cold Mai that’s how I started.
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi treehouse how are you doing? Have they kept you in 😘😘😘have they advised you of what has caused your breathlessness? Hope you have some answers and are being looked after. Love shi xx
Highlighted

Happy birthday Rosie hope you make the most of it. Have a margarita 🍸 for me please x x
Highlighted

Treehouse so sorry to hear your are poorly and in hospital haven't been on for a couple of a us as, I have been poorly with the ear infection but not as poorly as you sending big hugs hope you get well looked after in there rest and keep your chin up 💖
Highlighted

Happy Birthday Rosie xxx

How you doing tree house? Have you been moved yet?

X
Highlighted
Community Champion

Mai, sorry to hear you've been blighted by a cold - I remember sneezing and just trying to hold everything with my hands!

Good luck with the drain coming out tomorrow - try to relax when they do it.

Hope the chips, mushy peas and gravy were good - made my mouth water when I read that!
Highlighted
Community Champion

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSIE - it sounds as though you're having a wonderful day - what a lovely family you have to treat you to such a day full of fun - what a surprise for you!

As I previously said, it's the best thing to do before surgery - really enjoy yourself.

Which day is s.....y? xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Daffodil - I don't recall any redness around mx area. Does the area feel hot to touch? Mine was a little pink and puffy but that was due to healing process. When are you next seeing someone medical?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Come on Treehouse - just think of all the other s**t you've been through on this horrid journey - with the help of the antibiotics I'm sure you'll soon be on the road to recovery.  I'm sending soft, gentle hugs to make you feel better and I'm sending lots of ammunition from afar!  

Hope you get a more peaceful night tonight, although you probably don't feel like it at all - keep on smiling (or at least try to).  

Lots of love xxx

Rosie, happy birthday, what a brilliant day they've got in store for you!

Treehouse, terrible bad luck for you, just when you were winning. You know you'll get there, with a little help from the mother of all antibiotics. Sending you lots of hugs. Do it for all of us!

Misyangel, best of luck for the s*****y.
Lots of love to everyone.
Highlighted

Mai, touch hard under your nose, on the septum to stop a sneeze!
Highlighted

Love chips gravy n mushy peas x
Highlighted

Happy Birthday Rosie what a lovely day u are having 🤗
Highlighted
Community Champion

Happy Birthday Rosie, enjoy being spoilt. 🎁 💄 🎂

Treehouse, I have set up some long range misiles to kill the infection. 📡  Try and keep your chin up chick, I know it's hard but once the antibiotics kick in you should start feeling better. What do the medical team say about the recurring migraines? Sending gentle hugs. Xx

Dafodil, you should contact the breast nurse in case of infection. Does the red area feel hot?

Im having a Caravan PJ day. Spoke to the DN and drains will come off tomorrow day 7 so I can't do much and I feel ill with this cold. Sneezing is the last thing you need when you have stitches across your chest!  🤒Anyone have instructions on how to hold in a sneeze? My man is going to get us some chips, mushy peas and gravy from the chippy. I can't wait! 😀 🍟

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

👭👭👭👭👭👭sending you extra hands to help you fight treehouse ❤️❤️❤️love shi xx
Highlighted

Oh  no treehouse sorry to hear you are in hospital. Hope they sort your infection soon and you start to feel better. The oncology ward sounds like a much better place for you, nothing worse than other people keeping you awake when you feel rough. Big hugs xx

Good luck Misyangel with your surgery, once asleep I guess it doesn't really matter how long it takes. Hope that most of us can be finished with treatment by Christmas 🎄 

It's my birthday today so lots to distract me this weekend from thinking about Weds!!

My daughter arranged for someone to come and do my make up with tricks to hide my lack of eyebrows and lashes and a voucher to buy some new make up. She has also had a cake made and soon the family are coming for tea and cake, then on to the theatre to see Grease followed by dinner  for 12 of us. Only found all this out this morning!

Highlighted

Does anyone else have redness around mastectomy site? I am now one month post surgery and have noticed a redness around but not on scar area. The scar itself looks okay. Not sure if this is just part of tissue healing. Not unwell so not thinking infection yet.

Highlighted

Thanks ladies. I honestly thought the battle was over and I have run out of ammunition. A bit tired for hand to hand combat. Need all the help I can get.
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi treehouse sending you a 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💕💕🌈🌈🦋🦋dance to get you onto onc ward and hopefully a bit of peace and quiet so you can rest up better. I am sorry you have picked up infection, but they are onto it now and will have it cleared up for you soon, just take it steady you have already been on such a battle, you will kick this one into touch too treehouse you are stronger than you give yourself credit for. ❤️❤️❤️Love shi xx
Highlighted

Sending hugs Treehouse xoxo
Highlighted

Hi ladies blood markers are high for infection the doc says they. Are giving me the domestos of antibiotics but it will take a couple of days. I am in a ward with 14 old ladies and the one next to me has a potty mouth yelling till 1:30.
They hope to move me to oncology but it’s full. I am still getting migraines.
Highlighted

Treehouse so sorry you have ended up in hospital it is never ending.

Annie A hope you get your date soon to start rads, it is frustrating when you have an end date in site and worry the goal posts move 😞

Rosie that is a long time for surgery, makes my one hour look pathetic next to yours lol, I have my op the day before you

Mai hope you feel better soon sending hugs

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Morning treehouse, hope you had a comfy night and they are looking after you 😘. Love shi xx
Highlighted

Get well soon, Treehouse.

Jay, my radiotherapy is in Hertfordshire. We can compare notes. 

I will have to stay with friends down that way as we have now moved to Northamptonshire. So can't wait for it to be over and to be able to celebrate Christmas with my family. 

Hope everyone is recovering well. 

Have a good weekend. 

Highlighted

Oh tree house, hope it is sorted quickly! X

Weebles wobble! Lol , glad you are back on form mai. Have missed it x

Hope everyone else gets finished in time for Christmas. Think we all want to draw a line through this year x
Highlighted

Yes I mentioned herceptin. They are chasing an infection
Highlighted
Community Champion

Wow, Treehouse that's far too long to have been in a corridor - glad you're now in a bed.  Have they or you mentioned herceptin? - the only reason I ask is it can cause heart problems like you described.  Sorry to hear you're feeling rough and I hope you feel better soon xx

Highlighted

After 9 1/2 hours in a corridor I am finally in a bed. Feeling rough still
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

😘treehouse hope you are ok, anything come back from your tests yet? ❤️❤️shi xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh no Treehouse! 💗 Sorry to hear you are back in hospital just when you think it's safe to start moving forward a bit. You are in the best place though and I hope they get to the bottom of this and are able to treat it soon.  (I didn't even know you could get a heart infection!). Come on Treehouse, you got this, remember weebles wobble but they don't fall down. 💪🏼

Rosie, wow, that's a very long surgery time. Get yourself lots of treats if you need to feel good, just do it. 

Shi, hope you enjoy your good days before next poisoning next week but just think, you will be half way already! 💪🏼

Ladies, I too was hoping to get a proper rest for Christmas but not sure when my rads will start and finish yet.  It just goes on and on doesn't it, like a bad crackly vinyl record you're tired of hearing!?  The DN came to see me this morning and changed the drain bottle but it's already reached 30ml so won't be off tomorrow, nevermind, it will definitely have to come off on Sunday. Getting sick of carrying it around though.  To top it all, I started with a sore throat and cold this morning so feeling pretty rotten. As if I didn't have enough to cope with. Stupid human bodies! 🤒

Highlighted

Stay positive Treehouse and bloody well shout!!! Corridor!!!!! x
Highlighted

X Ray is clear. I am having iv antibiotics.i will be moved to oncology ward soon. They are sending a surgeon to check on the boobs.
Do not get rid of your ‘just in case ‘ pack yet ladies!!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious Treehouse x  Could it be herceptin related?  Thinking of you and hope you're not waiting too long on the trolley! xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse thanks for update gave they at least given you an aspirin or something if they suspect a blood clot or are they waiting till they have xrayed you? They aren’t moving very quickly have you told them you’ve not long finished chemo too? Let be shi xx
Highlighted

Ok so I was feeling 💩with a cold since Friday. Although my head was improving I was getting more Nd more exhausted. Heart rate has doubled and I get out of breath walking the stairs. Went to gp thinking I might be anemic but she sent me straight to hospital worried it might be a heart infection or blood clot.i have had a million blood tests and a chest x Ray. Sitting on a trolley in a corridor waiting to be admitted. Grr
Highlighted

know how u feel Annie. I had hoped be done by early December. But now because of the extra surgery which was 2 day ago they have said be 4-6 weeks for breast tissue to heal before radiotherapy x
Highlighted

Yes there is a small chance, I shall try and hold onto that for now x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh AnnieA - I feel so disappointed for you too - what an absolute pain. I suppose there is a very slim chance if they hurry up with the planning appointment and get started with 1st treatment you could be finished by Christmas.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘😘treehouse, sorry to hear you are in having more tests, big hug and love being sent to you lovely and hope you are ok😘😘😘❤️❤️❤️shi xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh dear! so bussy reading and replying on here, I've only gone and eaten a doughnut BEFORE my healthy cuppa soup!!!  Woops!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks for the info Rosie.

I had a really busy weekend before surgery and by the time the day came round, I was ready for a rest! So I say the more distractions you can find - the better! Just avoid the germs - there's loads around!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh dear Treehouse - sorry to hear you've ended up in hospital for tests.  Do you have any idea what they are testing you for?  I hope the stay won't be a long one and hopefully they'll discover what's wrong and sort it out quickl enabling you to recover at home.  

How are you feeling in yourself?

x

Highlighted

Good afternoon ladies. I know I don’t post on here very often but I’m always popping on to see how everyone is doing. As always you all continue to show a shower of strength. I sometimes do wonder where we get it from.
I have been to see my oncologist this morning regarding my radiotherapy. I was told I would have 15 sessions so was hoping to be done by Christmas. A little kick in the teeth this morning when she told me I have to have 5 extra booster sessions because of my age. Which will now be pushing it to be finished in time for Christmas considering I haven’t yet been given a start date 😞
Really was hoping to enjoy Christmas with my children and husband with all this behind us xx
Highlighted

Love and hugs to Treehouse, hope they get you sorted soon, maybe the best place if you are not well though.

❤ Heather

Highlighted

Gp not happy. I am in hospital Flor tests. Will update later. I am expecting to stay in. When will we be well? 🙁