Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

May 2017 chemo starters

Highlighted

Re: May 2017 chemo starters

Jay hope number 4 went ok and Shi FEC no.3
Highlighted

Oh and hope this afternoon went OK Mai treehouse you feeling any better hopefully you are on the mend x
Highlighted

Mai I'm with you on the eyebrows I'm crappie at drawing them on I look like a weird looking old lady!!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi back from fec 3 thank you 😘😘😘treehouse glad you had better night at home, rest up you’ve a lot of sleep to catch up on lovely 😘😘😘rosie hope you are doing ok 😘😘😘jay 4th jab already hope you ok 😘😘😘mai lots of ❀️❀️❀️For this afternoon my angel. Tatyana hope you had a nice holiday😘😘😘mishy 😘😘😘hope your ear has cleared up now. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨to all May ladies as always love shi xx
Highlighted

Mishy, so glad you are feeling better. There will be ups and downs, we just have to try to go with the flow. Glad you let it all out!

Treehouse, wonderful that you are home at last!

Mai dear, I'll be thinking about you all day.
Highlighted

Hi ladies it's good to know you all felt the Same as me after your last chemo I thought I was abnormal!!! The floodgates opened last night and it all came out I think I needed it but once I started I couldn't stop, it's like I never had time to come to terms with what has happened just full of adrenaline with having op treatments and it still not over yet!!, still got rads!!
Feeling much better today though x
Glad you are all OK and welcome home treehouse x
Highlighted

Shi my lovely is it treatment day?
Sending hugs sorry lost the plot a bit.
X x x x x x x πŸ’•βœ¨
Highlighted

Morning all. Had a lovely long sleep in my own bed. Heart rate still in the high 90s but trying not to stress. Jay herceptin 4 wow that is flying by. I am due no 3 tomorrow but will phone to postpone I really don’t think my body will cope at the moment I am still recovering.
Mai let us know how you get on.
Surgery ladies I am thinking of you. Take care. During my many tests I was Asked put arms up and hold bars it’s amazing how far I have come in a week even reaching over my bed to turn the lights off. I may attempt driving this weekend if hubby thinks I’m well enough. Not been out of bed for 6 days!!!
Still catching up on sleep.
Love you all x x x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies - hope all is well.

I'm off for Herceptin injection number 4 this afternoon..... x

Highlighted

Mai good luck for results today.   Xx

Highlighted

Good luck today mai xx

Hope yesterday went well rosie x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good luck Mai for results day tomorrow - almost feels like when you were waiting for your exam results again doesn't it?! 

Highlighted

Thank you everyone for kind words and support. That was scary . Mums roast chicken and now Epsom salt bath and bed.
Well done for surgery misyangel, the wire sounds not nice. Good luck Rosie and results Mai.
Take care everyone.
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘thanks mai and lots of πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈfor you for your results tomorrow my angel 😘😘😘love you shi xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Ew, MisyAngel, poor you, that description made me wince! πŸ˜‘

Treehouse, hooray for homeliness, your own bed, lots of cuddles and fresh toast! 🏑

WolfEE, if only I'd had better foresight I would have got mine tattooed before chemo! γ€°γ€°

Best wishes for FEC no.3 tomorrow Shi. πŸ’—βœ¨

Heather, I'm 6weeks post chemo now. You've given me hope that they may reappear! πŸ™„

I have surgery results day tomorrow. Eek. 🐒

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨yehhh treehouse is Home, have a lovely evening treehouse ❀️❀️shi xx
Highlighted

I had my eyebrows tattooed about 3 years ago now. They need touching up and I do need 2 use a powder and fill them in but it’s so quick because the shape is there and it’s just brushing over. I’m so glad I already had this otherwise id have been in trouble I was never able 2 do my eyebrows.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Welcome back home Treehouse - I hope you're feeling much better and did they ever find out what it was and why your heart and breathing were affected? x
Highlighted

Woo hoo treehouse! Glad you're home x
Highlighted

I’m out!
Highlighted

Misyangel, the backwards cone reference is bad constipation from anaesthetic!!

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Don’t worry not dark by worry πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„my text again sorry xx
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse that will be great if you can get Home today lovely 😘😘😘sorry for delay with 😘😘😘I’ve been and done my bloods. Backwards pine cone is no2 after op because of everything they pump into you, get a could of stool softeners in too if you can to soften things up and if you are having the blue dye in your boob, it’ll be a funny green/blue colour too so dark by worry but you will be a bit backed up for a couple of days after op, sorry if tmi, but you need to know for your botties sake. πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Highlighted

Mai the wire was something they inserted to mark where they had to remove the cancer from. I had a lumpectomy, it wasn't the wire that was painful it was the squashing of the boob but because she couldn't put the wire In properly the longer it was in the vice the more painful it was 😳

Heather what's a backward cone experience 😐. I still can't believe your work haven't confirmed your phased return plan that is not good
Highlighted

Mai, my eyebrows grew back overnight 8 weeks after last chemo. I woke up one morning and they were there!

Mishy, I felt great for a few days when I finished chemo but then it hit me and couldn't stop crying, felt like I had been abandoned as had no other treatment to come. You do feel better but it takes awhile.

Misyangel, gentle hugs, hope you feeling better after op, take it easy and rest. Try and do exercises 3 times a day, take pain meds then do them after meals to remind you. Drink lots of water otherwise it is a backwards cone experience!

Treehouse, fingers crossed you get to go home today!

❀ to all  and those who I may have missed.

Still waiting for work to confirm the new phased return plan for 3 weeks today. More than likely they will confirm the night before!!

Heather x

Highlighted
Community Champion

I've got the eyebrow mantenance down to a T now. I was getting tired of drawing them on every day from scratch so I've been experimenting a bit. If you put browcote (or lipcote) on the make-up they last longer and just need a touch up in the morning. This will be important to speed up mornings once I go back to work and tbh I'm getting tired of waking up with no eyebrows and being committed to this routine every morning. Even a trace of residual makeup helps to speed things up as you have the shape marked out and for this reason I've also ordered a permanent brow marker so I can sketch a faint permanent line. Hopefully they will grow back but if not I'll look into getting some eyebrow tattoos!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Well done MisyAngel and glad you are home and on the road to recovery. Yes, the exercises are more important than you realise. What was the wire which had to be inserted? I didn't have anything like that. What surgery did you have? Gentle hugs to you. πŸ’— X

Treehouse, so pleased that you might be getting discharged. Long stays in hospital really start to break the spirit dont they? Fingers and toes crossed for you luvvie. πŸ’— X

Mishy, I feel the same about being off chemo. I think you feel like you've been derailed after being on such a strict regime. Once it's removed you feel like your security has been removed and need to find a replacement. A bit like the Moro Reflex in a newborn baby, you want to grab hold of something!

Highlighted

Jay I am back home and came out last night, will definitely keep up with the exercises thanks for reminding me of importance and so great full for this forum for reminding of things like this which you could easily not do.

Yay treehouse so glad you may be coming home.
Highlighted

I might be coming home today x
Highlighted

Mishy, honest,it is totally normal and common to feel down after final chemo. You've been all psyched up to deal with it, then the adrenaline all goes away and you feel flattened. It takes several weeks to get back to anything like normal physically, I know I'm not there yet after 5 weeks. And psychologically and emotionally it takes even longer. Be kind to yourself and don't expect too much, just enjoy the little things when you can. Big hugs!
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Rosie 😘😘for today, misyangel glad op went well but sorry to hear you had novice with the wire, treehouse 😘😘😘thinking of you lovely and πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»That they get you ok and Home soon. Mishy hope your ear is on the mend 😘😘wolfee I think vanilla is a uplifting smell, like mai says there are oils that have mood boosting results too, h&b have a good selection. πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨to everyone love shi xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning Misy - sorry to hear of your wire experience - what a horrible experience for you.

The under arm part is the worse bit ever! Just keep up with the exercises - so important further down the road.

Are you now home or still in hospital? Take lots of rest and care of yourself.
Highlighted

Hi all op went well and the worse part was them putting a wire in the morning as the lady who was doing it was not very experienced as she made the mistake of telling me this, she couldn't do it via ultrasound and had to do it via X-ray machine which was so painful then she couldn't get the wire in properly so I was really traumatised prior to op waiting with a big wire poking out the top of my gown lol.  Under my arm is more sore than my actually bust and they only took one lymph node, I have done exercises this morning and will see how it goes as I know a lot of you have said how important that is .thanks for the well wishes all.

treehouse hope they get to the bottom of your infection soon

rosie I know you are in theatre now but my thoughts are with you all Way xx

Highlighted

Big hugs to you all today though!!!!
Highlighted

I wonder if this is common to feel this deflated after chemo I think my mood has definitely been affected by treatment I'm not depressed just not as happy as I thought I would be!
Highlighted

Good luck to everyone having surgery hope you are feeling better treehouse wolfee the essential oils may help a little what about some talking therapy too x
To be honest I thought I would be feeling ecstatic to finish chemo but I'm not I kind of feel a bit lost atm!! I have rads to go yet but not looking forward to Christmas or anything!!!
Highlighted

Rosie - wishing you the very best today.  

Lovey you are having the Rolls Royce of reconstruction and you will look absolutely fabulous!!! Sending you lots of positive happy thoughts. Big hugs xx

Highlighted

Rosie, very best of luck for today!
Misty, hope it went well and you are not feeling too rough now.
Highlighted

Morning all x

Thinking of you today rosie x

How you feeling today misy and treehouse? Hope you both get home soon x

I'm using aveeno Wolfee. My hospital advised just to keep using usual moisturising lotion so you know it won't react with your skin. I used it 3 times a day and took it with me so i could apply it straight after. Nurse also advised it keep it in the fridge to help cool your skin. Also, make sure you drink at least 2 litres a day it really helps. Although I found I needed to drink more x
Highlighted

Big hugs Rosie and Treehouse. Healing thoughts at ya both xxx
Highlighted

Highlighted
Community Champion

WolfEE, yes, that is exactly the exercise which I struggled with - the one where you lie on the floor and stretch elbows outwards. My goodness I could only move it out a few inches.  I was laughing with my OH yesterday because I was a really good skier for years and now I'm struggling to do exercises to touch the top of my head. Two extremes!  For low mood, another one to consider is vitamin D3 which is the sunshine vitamin which we don't get enough of in the winter. Also St Johns Wort but that causes photosensitivity and interacts with chemo so you may need to check if it's too soon to take post-chemo or whether it interacts with Tamoxifen. You could also research essential oils as smells can have an impact on mood too. X

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi wolfee yes those are the ones, you should be able to get a nice big one on the nhs as part of your treatment because if they can’t hive you a tablet safely, thought it might be an alternative for you to try and they should either give you one or give you a voucher or something towards the cost, it was just a thought as an alternative that hopefully will work for you. 😘😘love shi xx
Highlighted

Katie. What moisturiser do you use now since finishing rads?
I hope your energy picks up soon.

Shi do you mean the special lamps that make you happy that reduce sad syndrome? I’ve lookes at the some time ago prior bc and yes what a good idea I’d forgotten about them. Xxx
Highlighted

Mai. Outward stretch exercises really are the worse. On the advances exercises for after drains are out there is an outward one behind four head when laying on the floor. OMG it feels impossible I just couldn’t do it. Then all of a sudden I think it was week 4 I was suddenly able to drop my elbows all the way down easily.
I’m terrible I’m only doing my exercises once per day since I started working again. During rads I’ll make a big effort to do more. Although I have very good movement at the moment I think they help With the lymp fluid and I need all the help i can get there my fingers are still growing and very sore.
Highlighted

Jay. Oncologist just said are the hot flushes really that bad we would prefer you just deal with then if possible!!! There was another antidepressant and for the life of me I can’t remeber the name she wrote it down on a piece of papaer that my sister now has it may help a little but she said many of us need a little help with anxiety and mood and this is the only one that she knows of that is ok with tamoxafen I’ll post the name of it tomorrow I’m sure it begins with a v??
I think I’m going to try the lady magenet thing next.
I also struggled a little with my arm over my head on the rad planning but I’ve been testing tonight and can do with ease but I think it’s possible that the rads can stiffen us up again so i guess we need 2 up our exercises again when we start.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Katie, just make sure you keep giving yourself lots of pampering, you'll get there eventually. We don't realise how much we've had to put our poor bodies through sometimes and getting rid of side effects after all that will take a bit of time and TLC. X

Highlighted

Rosie all the best for tomorrow I’ll be thinking about you all day.
Carb drinks?????
Misy - hope your ok can’t wait 2 be hearing from you xxxxxx
Highlighted

Good luck for tomorrow rosie xx

Hope all went well today misyangel x

Feels odd not having appointments , don't know if it's a rads se or just finally finishing but I'm aching ! Legs , bum, arms! My skin has also gone very dry! X
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good for you Jay. πŸ’— I can't believe how smug I was feeling with stage 1 exercises and thought they were a bit of a waste of time but now realise I really do need them! πŸ’ͺ🏼