Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2017 chemo starters

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: May 2017 chemo starters

Treehouse hope they have either let you Home or got you on proper ward andvlooking after you lovely 😘😘😘❤️❤️❤️Shi xx
Trisha69

Big Big hugs XOXO
Trisha69

Sounds identical to me. Struggling walk my hip bit dodgy at best of times. Ive got Herceptin til May x
Jay68
Community Champion

Oh Treehouse - you're really having a bad time of it. Keep strong girl you can beat this nasty germ xx
Jay68
Community Champion

Hi Trisha - I've just had number 4 injection and this time I definitely have flu like aches in my joints (particularly hips and knees). The flushes I get during the day too now - really uncomfortable. I've also had a dry sore throat and a runny nose - not sure if it's general germs in school or the injection! I also felt very nauseous this morning when I returned from my half hour dog walk - went off after a drink of water but now you have me wondering.....
Jay68
Community Champion

Misyangel - it's very strange isn't it the nails thing - I thought by now it would have happened - my last chemo was 24 August!!!

Sounds about right with the herceptin - runny nose and itchy eyes and general flu like symptoms (achey joints - particularly knees and hips with me).

Wish I could have mine at home - I go to the chemo unit where I've had to wait over an hour at least past my appointment time - so frustrating.

tatyana

Oh treehouse. Will it never end? Big gentle hugs.
treehouse

Being admitted want to put a tube down my throat to ultrasound heart from inside 🤕😥
Trisha69

Treehouse 😞 Hope you get fixed up quick. Big hugs xoxo
Trisha69

Wish I could have Herceptin at home. will ask if thats a possibility x
Trisha69

Hi Jay. Just had 3rd Herceptin as injection in leg. last one I felt flu like and nauseous within 24 hours. Flushes last night were terrible and have runny nose and throat a bit sore. Have y had any if rhis?x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh treehouse my lovely 😘😘😘big hug and love and 🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻Love you ❤️❤️❤️Shi xx
treehouse

Chest X-ray. They are finding me a bed. Want to scan my heart again 🙁
misyangel

Treehouse sorry you are back in hospital again.

Jay my nails have got worse as the weeks go on, they are really sore and have to be careful not to catch them on anything.  Also as regards herceptin, I have only had one injection without chemo and had really aches in neck and shoulders, runny nose and my eyes were very itchy and runny.   I am due second one on Tuesday which supposed to be at home but not had appointment through as yet.

Trish great news about your results but agree don't rush back to work.

Rosie65

Oh treehouse, I bet you’re really fed up. Hope they get you sorted and you get back home pdq!

Great news Trisha that surgery was successful. Good luck with rads. Don’t rush back to work, you need to look after yourself after all of this.

I’m not sure about rads yet, not supposed to be having  them but won’t know for certain until mastectomies result in about two weeks.

Hope everyone has a good day whatever you’re doing.

Going to have shower and “garment free” hour. Highlight of the day😂

tatyana

I hope they gave you biscuits with your tea, treehouse, it's the least you deserve. 🍪🍪
treehouse

Back in AEC obs done ECG done bloods taken including 2 culture bottles. Now drinking tea waiting to see dr.
tatyana

Mai, ovary suppression-- has your oncologist talked about zoladex as an option for you? Of course it may not be suitable for you. I had it for my first cancer, a monthly injection for two years, but you can do this injection yourself if you are brave enough or otherwise the local GP nurse. Side effects were minimal except for the hot flushes, hard to tell what's the zoladex and what's the tamoxifen. It basically stops your ovaries from working for the duration, but without physically removing them.
tatyana

Treehouse, lots of love and antibacterial thought was heading your way. You've been so unlucky with this! Hope they get you sorted soon. And Shi, lots of love and hope that evil thermometer stays low.
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse sending lots of 😘😘💕💕lovely. I had a bit of a night too temp climbing cdu told me to keep eye on it, I’m 36.5 this morning but sweating. Sending 😘😘💕💕to everyone and a 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺for treehouse. Love shi xx
Jay68
Community Champion

Oh no Treehouse - hope it's a quick assessment and you get to return back home. Thinking of you x
Jay68
Community Champion

Fantastic news Trisha - you must feel so relieved.  I know what you mean about travelling to and from rads - mine is a 45 mile round trip and on a good day takes about 45 minutes each way (but as part involves M23 around Gatwick Airport) it can take a lot longer....!  The appointment slot I have choosen (11-2) although not ideal, is the best time for travelling in the area!

Luckily I will get the three weeks of Christmas holidays to get over the rads which hopefully means not having to take more sick leave and meaning I can go back in the New Year just like everyone else (fingers and toes crossed).

Just out of interest, how are you coping with the Herceptin?

treehouse

Morning 111 said take paracetamol and call hospital in the morning. I called hospital and they just phoned back saying come back in to be assessed. I actually have proper symptoms now. Neck eche, ear ache and cough. So at least they have an area to focus on now.
Trisha69

I can't afford it and hoping hospital transport be provided. Will only be 15 days post op when go to planning meeting so hope they dont postppne the scans and tattoos again x
WolfEE

I hope Treehouse is ok and at home. Not at the hoapital.
WolfEE

Trisha good news that eveything is clear now after the tough time you’ve had with second surgery that must be the most reassuring news. Gosh 60 mile round trip each day for the radiotherapy that’s exhausting and expensive.
My local hoapital doesn’t have rad machine either but luckily a private clinic has taken me on and will charge the nhs!! So luxury waiting rooms, free drinks and posh soap in the toilets. But best is that it’s only 20 min drive away.
Trisha69

Hi ladies. How we all doing?
I had 2nd post op appt yesterday. Results were good. surgeon removed the duct with the DCIS gene and said all gone! Now its carry on with the Herceptin every 3 weeks. See Oncologist Thursday for radiotherapy planning meeting. Shoukd get a date then. And have to go on Tamoxifen for min 5 years. Feel relieved but dreading the 60 mile round trip for 4 weeks. Asked about going back to work but BC nurse reckons at least amonther adter rads done and even then a gentle phase back xx
WolfEE

Treehouse. Are you ok? Temp still up? 111 called back? X
Raitchr

Hope your temperature 🔥 is ok and undercontrol Treehouse, I'm also not having rads so feeling a bit left out!

H

Spoiler

Jay68
Community Champion

Look forward to advice Daffodil following your rads - mine will be starting 2 days later! I've heard drink plenty of water at least 2 litres a day - have a good drink before rads Take lots of rest in the early days to help combat the tiredness towards the end - I hear it's cummulative effects and can carry on for 2/3 weeks following rads.
Jay68
Community Champion

Mai, it most certainly is and I am so grateful for everything when I hear of tragic news such as this.

I'm pleased to hear the breast nurse has clarified the matter for you and I agree to stay positive really helps deal with everything we're having to go through.

All my nails had a white moon shape from the base just after chemo had finished. This whiteness (which I guess is new nail) has steadily worked up the nail. It's now about 3/4 up the nail and I'm getting splitting at the each side of the nail where this line is. It's not affecting all nails, mainly thumbs and index fingers. I'm keeping all nails trimmed and I'm using a clear conditioning varnish. But generally nails feel sensitive and a little sore. I'll look into a crystal nail file.
Jay68
Community Champion

OMG Treehouse - is your temperature very high? How are you feeling? Sending love x
Jay68
Community Champion

Yes I was told the same - as I had complete response to chemo and targetted therapy I shouldn't have needed rads but because there was very small possibility that it had been in 4/17 (definately 1) lymph nodes it was belt and braces to avoid reoccurrence.  I'm having 15 sessions to chest wall and collarbone area.  (Basically to target lymph nodes above and below the area where they've been removed from).

I guess, once again, rads planning proves we're all different!!

Daffodil54

So sorry you have another high temperature, Treehouse.

I am having 15 rads, starting on Monday next week, so a few of us are going to be in the same boat.

treehouse

Temp gone up again. Phoned 111. Waiting for a call back. Bloody hell.
🙁
WolfEE

Treehouse don’t worry the only reason I’m having is because of lymph nodes. If they had been clear I wouldn’t have been having if you have mastectomy and clear lymph nodes it’s not needed.
treehouse

Am I the only one not having rads ? 🙁
WolfEE

Radiotherapy for me is exactly 8 weeks after surgery (almost 12 weeks after chemo) I feel this is to long a gap??? I’m gutted my rads got delayed by the time I start I should have been a week in2 it already.
WolfEE

Mishy. I was told I didn’t need the boosters because I had full mastectomy. ??? So I’m having just the 15 that includes some on my neck
Mishy18

Mai I'm having 20 sessions to Breast and Axilla as I didn't have a full node clearance, it's 15 regular sessions then 5 boosters to the site if the tumor I don't know if the boosters will be in axilla for the macrometes which was there but they have warned me of risk of lympodema but I suppose I would have been at risk with full node clearance anyway, I would rather have all treatment not leave anything to chance haha!!!
Mai7
Community Champion

Mishy, glad you have rads appts through, I have my rads consultation this Thursday. How many are you having? I've certainly done more wobbling than usual the last few days!

Mai7
Community Champion

Treehouse, you can't say yes all of the time so don't feel bad. You demonstrate good parenting in opting for the greater good rather than quick people pleasing. 

Mai7
Community Champion

WolfEE, yes, if I think rationally about it, the chemo was given to me so that they could operate on an otherwise inoperable tumour so despite a partial response it was enough for surgery. I have read an article that suggests ovary suppression with Tamoxifen increases succes rate so will definitely be asking for ablation when I see Oncologist. Glad you have rads appt and hope all goes well. 

Jay, my nail beds are quite purple and the nails seem to be coming away near the tips on a couple of fingers so I've cut the nail really short. The surface also appears to have some sort of faint layer break down. Shi recommended using a crystal nail file to keep the structural integrity in tact better than emery board style files.

treehouse

Thanks Jay x
Jay68
Community Champion

Don't feel like the worse mother Treehouse, it's a sign "normality" is just around the corner if you're yelling....!!!! haha! as you correctly say - teenage priorities???? - mine's just returned from ice-skating with a group of friends and he looks blankly at me as I wrap my arms around him and utter I'm glad he's arrived home safely and in one piece - he still doesn't get it..! x
Jay68
Community Champion

Wolfee - a positive way of thinking and that's good. I like to think it's almost like a clean bill of health in a funny/strange kind of way - as we've had scans, numerous blood tests as well as the chemo and for some of us herceptin! Surely nothing can survive that!!!
treehouse

I’m really glad you phoned Mai that sounds like a much more positive interaction. It has all gone!
I think we all want that in a letter in capitals.

Yay wolfee glad you have a new start date fingers crossed 🤞

Just yelled at son for fretting about me not letting him watch I’m a celebrity and wanting itv hub on his phone. I really have no space in my head for that nonsense at the moment. Then feeling like the worst mother in the world for shouting. Teenage priorities????
Mishy18

Hi ladies have finally got rad dates got scan this Thurs morning and begin on 8th Dec would Have preferred to be a little sooner with start but at least I'm within the 6 weeks timeline I was told about! I get very anal about these things atm,
Yes my path report scared me too didn't understand a thing just remember seeing macrometes in 1 /5 lymph 19mm and thinking I had a secondary cancer
I too decided not to get full report and just go on the info given by surgeon and onc!!! 8 months is def a long time to be doing this 💩 so we are def entitled to wobbles we are like weebles we wobble but we don't fall down!!
Jay68
Community Champion

Woo Hoo - let's hope everything goes well for your re-start on Thursday Wolfee - you'll be able to tell me all about it - as mine start next Wednesday (29th). Fingers are crossed for the pair of us and Daffodil - who starts next week too I think???
Jay68
Community Champion

Phew I feel exhausted for you Rosie - it's the little things which take forever - but take your time - don't go overdoing it.

I agree, it's so frustrating when people say "that's the worst bit over...." - and being back at work - it's amazing how everyone starts treating you "normally" again - but I don't feel "normal" yet. There again I would be even more frustrated if they kept me wrapped in cotton wool and asking questions all the time! - No pleasing me!

When do you get your results?