Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

May 2017 chemo starters

Highlighted

Re: May 2017 chemo starters

Highlighted

Seeing you back on here is the best thing ever!! You are such an incredibly brave woman, showing that no matter what amount of s**t you go through, you pull through it!! Inspiring! So we need you lovey as much as you need β€˜May’ ladies πŸ’• As for Christmas, we’ll all be with you in one way or another, posting messages at all hours πŸ™‚ I think the counselling option is a great idea. We are so busy being strong throughout this nasty journey that we never fully get to digest and try and make sense of it all. I think counselling should be offered as part of our treatment. But you my lovely are most deserving of it right now. Sending you big hugs xx
Highlighted

How was 2nd rad Wolfee?

How you doing tree house x

I went for my bra fitting which went well considering. Lady was very nice and helpful and said to ease back into wearing a wire bra . Went for a very soft one so will see how it goes. Also went shopping amd for lunch with my mum and sister so nice day out even with it being black Friday. Really tired now though x
Highlighted

Last year on Black Friday I stayed up to 1am the night before to get the deals I wanted then, not major savings but was worth it. This year I ddnt stay up and have got a few things. Hot on the list was a new bed for youngest son, not a Christmas present obviously, got on for 160 quid with memory foam mattress. Also got the boys Young Driver lessons from Admiral with 25% off per lesson. They can drive in private car park at various venues across UK in a Corsa with instructor. Eldest has had 2 lessons before but youngest at 10 can now learn! Waiting for an Xbox live gold annual membership deal to pop up somewhere this weekend, very pricey at mo. 

Also looking for deals on Universal tickets as going to Florida next summer. Boys are now growing up so less plastic and now more expensive smaller gifts to wrap!!

Have a good weekend everyone, gentle hugs to those that need it.

❀ Heather

Community Champion

Tatyana, well done and glad you are escaping without the alien. I didn't have the buzzy vacuum thing either, you may be on your own there. 

Jay, I have never participated in Black Friday sales! I assumed they advertise a lot if lost leaders and when you get to the store they are out of stock! Even without chemo I tend to avoid crowded places as I find them overwhelming. Are you bargain hunting? 

i visited the GP this morning and discussed where I'm at how I feel. She thought the reason for not having CT scans could be that it's to reduce radiation exposure which in itself can increase risk of cancer. Having a CT scan is apparently like spending a day in Chernobyl.  Still, she could understand my anxiety and asked me to never hesitate to raise any health concerns even if just a phone call. I asked about ovaries and menopause and have booked a blood test for next Friday to have menopause status checked, this will be repeated in about 8weeks. If my ovaries are not dead, they are coming out!

On an unrelated cheery note, here's a picture of a Swedish sandwich cake I made the other day for my OHs birthday. Smoked salmon and cucumber - it was great! Adds a bit of colour to the thread! πŸ˜ƒimage.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘😘well done tatyana. Wolfee hope you and your sister are ok 😘😘treehouse ❀️❀️hope those antibiotics are πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•Ίdancing through you and kicking ass lovely. πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Treehouse, so glad you are back online and hope we can cheer you up a bit in this virtual world we share. πŸ’— Sending you gentle hugs. Keep strong lovely lady, you've come this far and been through so much, just keep peddling on up this incline, lower the gears and keep going. 🚲 Here's a little quote for you for staying strong: "Giving up on your goals because of a set back is like slashing your other 3 tyres because you got a flat" We are all rooting for you and the banger twanging reminds you that you do in fact belong to our club.  πŸ’—βœ¨ Xxx

Highlighted

Well done for getting home Tatanya alien free xx
Highlighted

Tatyana, well done and glad your on your way home you’ll be so much more comfortable being back in your one home. The battery vacuum thing sounds very modern I think u maybe the only one of us so far who’s had that. I’m going 2 look it up now.
Take it easy and rest now keep recovering. Xxx
Highlighted

Hi everyone. My drain is out and I'm just waiting for drugs from the pharmacy and then I can go home! Yippee! I've got a Pico dressing with a vacuum thingy, has anyone else had this? It's a little pocket size plastic thing with a battery in it, attached by a tube to the dressing, to pump out the air and maintain a vacuum. It's not uncomfortable but it's a nuisance to carry around, but certainly less nuisance than a drain. Only snag is it buzzes several times a minute. Not conducive to sleep. I'll have to bury it under a pillow or something.
But hey, I'm going home and I'm not taking the Alien with me!
All the best to everyone, especially treehouse, and thanks for all the support and encouragement.
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi treehouse 😘😘😘thank you for update, glad the thought of mai and me turning up and pulling your new bangers got you back on the thread 😁😁😁😁yep totally bonkers that’s me, but hey we are all entitled to be totally loop the frigging loop as Shirley valentine said 😁😁😁😁how you keep sane of this journey is beyond me, so not even going to try. Tatyana hope you had a comfy night too lovely 😘😘😘mai my angel lots of ❀️❀️❀️And as always lots of πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨to everyone shi xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

So ladies, it's Black Friday sales! - what are your plans?  Anyone going to attempt to actually  purchase a bargain?  

Who's going to bag a bargain?  Not me! - saw a vacuum cleaner reduced from Β£160 to Β£40 to buy on line would have incurred a Β£35 delivery charge....!!!  haha! Still under half original price but ludicrous price to pay for delivery from a shop just down the road!  Can you believe it!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Tatyana - please be careful doing the anti-bug and anti-bleep dance in your hospital bed - don't want you setting off any alarms!! and also be extra careful if you've got drains attached!! x
Highlighted

Morning ladies just catching up on the posts Treehouse lovely to hear from you, we will be here to make you laugh or be a listening ear so glad you came back πŸ’– keeping everything crossed for you and fingers crossed you get home as soon as possible just want you well first x the counselling is a great idea you will probably get alot from it x
Tatanya hope you are well this morning and resting up
Glad your rads appointment went well too with no hiccups!
Interesting about everyone's monitoring plans me too just yearly mammo and definitely not happy with it it was just fate that brought me on this journey in the first place and don't want to gamble in that any more I want proper monitoring like you have all mentioned as mets don't just happen in the breast I'm high risk due to TN status says clearly on my letter this could recur or spread they skirt around it don't they, Mai I'm not an analyst but going to my onc app with a list longer than Santa's!!! I'm not leaving without answers maybe we should all put our feet down and show them we mean business 😊
I'm a little bit tender of the tattoo on axilla it's been tender since op think there may be a little nerve damage
On a much lighter note finally getting my head round starting my Xmas shopping online!!
What better gay to start than black Friday 😊
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hooray the girl is back - well done Treehouse - I'm so happy you're not leaving us!

Treehouse, we're all here for you and I think I can speak for all us ladies when I say - one of us will respond if ever you need an ear to listen.

My goodness you're really going through it and I wish there was something one of us could do to help but as Heather says the guys wearing the white coats are the ones with the professional advice!!!

I'm pleased they've offered you counselling as I imagine you need that right now.  

Anyhow, Treehouse keep that sense of humour, try and smile and we'll try to keep you entertained!!!

Lots of love xx

Highlighted

Finally got a new canular at midnight and meds have started again . Got 5 continuous hours sleep πŸ’€ bliss. Been awake since 6 hatching an escape plan. Shhhh watch this space πŸ‘ƒπŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸ€›πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜€πŸ•Ί
Highlighted

Hey Treehouse. Your a strong brave lady. You have every right to feel bloody fed up. In my thoughts and wishing and hoping you will be home dor Christmas! One of my daughters is coming and fortunately she arrives rhe friday eve so wont have rads the weekend or xmas day but back in on Boxing Day 😞 she cant come with me to Exeter. She would of gone shopping. Hospital transport doesnt allow a plus one to travel with me. Sending u gentle healing hugs. Trisha xx
Highlighted

Sending you big hugs treehouse xxx we will all do you dance to get you home for Christmas xxxx
Highlighted

Dear treehouse, so sorry to hear you are stuck in there for the long haul, no wonder you are fed up. You are perfectly entitled to feel sorry for yourself and weep, bawl, shout and throw things (preferably not at the nurses, though!). Try to cling to the thought that you are in good hands, they know what they're doing and they will fix this. I'm sure the counseling will help, and I hope it will also help to know that all your friends on here are thinking of you (even in our hospital beds at 5am, in my case!) and wishing you well.
Anti-bug and anti-bleep dance coming up. πŸŽ€πŸŽ€πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ•Ί
Keep us posted when you feel like it, but if just want to hide under the blankets, know that we are rooting for you.
Highlighted

Oh and put Dr Google away Treehouse, you known the rules, ask a real doctor in a white coat!

Highlighted

Treehouse, stay positive and always hang on to the hope that you may be home for Christmas, still a few weeks away. You are in the right place to get all the care and rest that you need, take the counselling, it will do you the world of good to just get everything off your chest, no pun intended.  We have all been on a rough journey but yours has been particularly bumpy, lets hope it smoothes out a little going forward.

Will do the get better soon dance πŸ’ƒ every day for you. 

Take care

❀H

Highlighted

Hello ladies thank you all for you kind words and support.Shi you are utterly bonkers I love you.
I have endocarditis ( please don’t bombard me with questions feel free to google)
I am on a cardiac care and cardiology ward and this will be my home for the next 4-6 weeks as I have 7 iv antibiotics a day. My veins have already had it and I will beg for a picc line in the morning. Spent most of the last 24 hours blubbering but think I am getting my head around the situation. Potentially not being home for Christmas is very hard to bear. They have offered me counciling considering my last 9 months of **bleep** and I have accepted.
I will post when I feel able and love reading about you all. I feel very close to you even though we have never met.
No I’m not ok but I know I will be. I hope.
Ducking hell!!!!!

Love you 😍
X
Highlighted
Community Champion

Heather, I agree, a proper thorough annual scan would be useful otherwise recurrence won't be detected early on which reduces prognosis. Grrr!

Highlighted

Mai just seen your post re monitoring. I get nothing but an annual check up next April. No scans etc. They mentioned mammo but lump never showed up on mammo so to me I feel that is useless. Would prefer a full Mri or scan of some kind annually.

H

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good to hear from you Heather and thanks for sharing info on moving forward and menopause.  What exactly is a PIP claim? I'll look it up on DWP site.

Tatyana, yes the idea of waiting for a recurrence to be big enough to cause symptoms is quite disturbing, given that we are considered high risk.  The post treatment monitoring seems somewhat lacking in monitoring for distant mets. It only seems to focus on local and regional recurrence. That's like rearranging the deckchairs when there's a potential hole in the hull not being checked for! πŸ›³

Highlighted

Wolfee, congrats on finally getting started! 🌟
Mai, this no-follow-up thing is disconcerting. I'm like you,high risk, and I can't say I like the idea of just waiting for any possible mets to get big enough to cause symptoms. It will be interesting to see what the plan is for me, when I get to that stage. The surgeon today was talking about possible rads in the neck area as it probably wasn't done the last time I had rads, but everything depends on what they find out when they look at my Alien under the microscope.

Treehouse, thinking of you!,,❇️❇️
Highlighted

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok. Sorry haven't been on here recently, had a busy couple of days.

Had the 3rd session of Moving Forward. Really interesting, a talk on menopause and sex followed by financial advice from Macmillan. Was told to look at www.menopausematters.co.uk for all things menopausal and www.nos.org for all things re osteoporosis caused by menopause.

Info was given on everything to do with going back to work, finances and benefits you can claim.I didn't know about PIP so have phoned the DWP today and started a claim. May or may not get it but was encouraged to try it.

Can't make it to the last one next week but have found the 3 I have been to really interesting

Today I had a dental check up and hygienist appmts. So good to have a clean healthy mouth, everything is good after chemo so that's great.

Treehouse, sorry that you have had such a bad time recently. Please don't leave us, just watch from afar and come back to us when you feel better. We are here for you whatever you go through. Talk to us about what you are going through but please don't bottle it up.Pop in here for a chat that has nothing to do with breast cancer.Lets talk about something new like the weather,  black Friday sales or I'm a celeb! Sending hugs Treehouse x 

Take care everyone

❀ Heather

Highlighted

Might give those a go mai thanks. I too will have yearly mammogram. My first one is in Feb when I was diagnosed. Already dreading it x
Highlighted

Ha ha just about Jay! X

Bra fitting tomorrow!

Well done Wolfee! I didn't really feel anything until about number 10. It is odd how it works when you can't feel anything! You will soon be done x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Jay, my monitoring is probably normal then. It's just my anxiety that needs treatment lol! 😬

Katie, I'm facing Life after Lola now so no longer fear a windy day except that it feels a bit cold around the ears and neck! Hope your tiredness improves. Have you tried ginseng, guarana etc?

Highlighted
Community Champion

Katie - I've heard this is generally the case with the rads - they're cummulative and effects last a while - they do say continue with the post-op exercises to help prevent the aches and stiffness.

Hope you've still managed to keep the wig!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Well done WolfEE - 1st one done and dusted. Is it just one day out of action and having to go to Oxford?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Mai your rads plan is very similar to mine - I'm having 15 session to chest wall of mx side and super clavicular area.  

No yearly CT scan for me but I do believe there will be yearly mammogram.  

Highlighted
Community Champion

Katie, did you buy a satisfactory bra today? Are you bra-stressed or bra-impressed? πŸ˜‚

Jay, the rads appointment was just to discuss plan of action. I didn't have to sign anything today. I have to wait for phone call for arranging appointments. I was told I'd be having 15-25 rads, no boosters as I had mastectomy, no rads to armpit as nodes all removed, rads to super clavicular area.

Rosie and Tatyana, hope you are both recovering well post-surgery.  Tatyana, I find it hard to comprehend that you could be eating on the same day after surgery! Well done!

WolfEE, glad your rads are finally underway!

I also discussed monitoring going forward and despite being considered high risk for recurrence there are no plans for any follow up routine CT scans. I was surprised! I am on watchful waiting so just have to wait for symptoms as indicator which surely would mean any recurrence gets caught later rather than earlier. I mean I'm obviously hoping for no recurrence but I can't be foolishly optimistic here and feel the need to feel more monitored! I have a GP appointment in the morning and will discuss this thoroughly. I am going to propose a two week rule so I don't turn into an annoying hyperchondriac: if any illness persists for more than two weeks I see the GP. Maybe we agree a list of symptoms to be suspiscious of! I'm also going to speak to the breast unit to find out what post treatment monitoring they plan to have. What follow up screening does everyone else have? Does anyone else have routine CT scans planned?  I also asked about ovaries due to hormone receptor status and I can push for oomph if I want to but it may be worth waiting to see whether ovaries reactivate post chemo. If I don't have a period again then my ovaries are dead anyway, if I start periods again then I will request ovary removal. I asked again about genetic testing but apparently hormone positive cancers are not genetically linked (or not yet discovered to be genetically linked). I think my Oncologist will want avoid treating Analysts in future as they ask far too many what-ifs! πŸ˜‚ 

Hope everyone is doing well. 

Highlighted

Finally had the radiotherapy but not before a delay of 1 and half hours they were running behind. They positioned me no problems today so not sure what went wrong last time? It was fine and honestly don’t feel a thing it’s vwry strange.
Apparently the machine at this clinic will be out of use tomorrow so they are sending me a taxi and I’m having to have tomorrow’s treatment in Oxford.
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mai, hope your appointments gone well 😘😘😘treehouse big hug and ❀️❀️❀️For you and always lots of πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨for everyone too love shi xx
Highlighted

know how u feel. so tired too x
Highlighted

Hi ladies hope everyone's appointments went well today treehouse hope you are OK xx had my rads planning scan today and 4 tattoos all went very smoothly start on 8th Dec I have the same as you Trisha but doing the Sat before Xmas and new year as catch ups because of bank hols so should be done like you Trisha in January was told I will be very tired after this, I'm bloody tired now God help me then!!!
Highlighted

Hi ladies. Had radiotherapy planning meeting. Had a scan and 3 tattoos. was all very quick. start 11th December and gor xmas day and new years day off plus the weekends. Been told 15 radiotherapy then 3 boosts. so glad will bw over early Jan xx
Highlighted

Noooo!! Please stay xoxoxo
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ladies, Lesley just posted great photo on Nov thread πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£shi xx
Highlighted

Thanks Mai , going to Marks and Spencer so will see how it goes. Good luck with appointment x

Im not too bad Jay . Definitely feeling side effects from rads weeks later. Wasn't too bad during but now am achey and stiff! I sat wrapping some Christmas presents the other day and I was achey all over day after so guess one day at a time.

Weather here today is awful, definitely not a day for wig wearers! X
Highlighted
Community Champion

Mai, oh yes and to sign consent forms for rads - or at least that's what I had to do! Good luck.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Jay, just appointment with Oncologist, I think to discuss plan of action.

Shi, hope you are doing well. πŸ’—βœ¨

Highlighted
Community Champion

Katie, for sme reason the paste feature won't work but the bras I bought can be easily found on Amazon if you search Junlan nursing bra. It's good to find some cheaper bras which are acceptable.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘😘😘wolfee and mai with appointments, 😘😘😘tatyana thinking of you and ❀️❀️❀️for treehouse and everyone πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Surely not your planning and tattoo appointment yet Mai for rads?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Katie - how are you doing following your rads?

Good luck with the bra fitting I went for a bra and prosthetic fitting with a specialist at the Hospital last week - it was kinda weird!

No rush to look for work - plenty of time to look after Christmas, just get yourself ready for it.

I'm enjoying a hospital free week this week - ready for next Weds when rads begin...!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hope 2nd attempt went ahead smoothly Wolfee.  Let us know how it went.  x

Highlighted
Community Champion

WolfEE, good luck with rads appointment. I'll also be heading off shortly for my rads consultation.

Katie, hope bra fitting goes well. Is it at hospital or a store? Don't feel pressured into buying if not right for you. May be worth wearing a tight/clingy top to get a good visual on contours.   I found some cheap ones recently on Amazon which I've been pleased with. They are actually maternity nursing bras and have pockets and shapers. I'll post the link.