Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

May 2017 chemo starters

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: May 2017 chemo starters

Reaching out to you Trisha with a big hug. πŸ’—

Treehouse, rest it out lovey and I hope tomorrow you will feel better. Fingers crossed for your results. πŸ’—

WolfEE, hope rads went well. Xx

Well I thought today was going to be a peaceful day at home.......wrong!  The hospital called this morning and asked if I could come in this afternoon fr a radiotherapy consultation. So, 2 bus rides each way and I'm now back home.  Got to go back on Thursday for CT and measuring.  Whilst I was in the waiting room my Son rang to let me know he was crashed into yesterday morning. He's fine but the car isn't. He'd popped home last Saturday and I'd spent over Β£200 on a new battery, two new tyres and a full tank of petrol only for it to potentially be written off the next day.  Life sucks! You work hard and do all of the right things and life repeatedly screws you over.

Highlighted
Community Champion

2 hours!?!? - oh Treehouse sleep peacefully my sweet knowing that's now behind you.   Let's now all send positive vibes that the scan showed no bad news - you've really had more than your fair share of that.  x

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse 😘😘😘get some rest lovely sorry scan was a bar steward. ❀️❀️Love you shi xx
Highlighted

Well done lady!!! Not surprised that’s tired you out. Big hugs xx

Highlighted

Scan done was ducking horrible. Took 2 hours. Sleep time
Highlighted

Tatyana - yes I feel quite fortunate having a year off work, sometimes you just have to say β€œsod it!” πŸ˜‚ it’s good to hear you’ve made it out the house.  The foggy head thing is weird - I too get it in the supermarket! I don’t like it, I feel like I’m out and drugged up, partly removed from my immediate environment.  I know chemo has affected my hearing and my eyesight.  Can wait to get checked out properly after my op.  

Katie - it’s funny going to a Spa is something that me and my sister do when she comes back into the country (she lives in South Africa) What treatments did you have?  How nice to be out with hubby to celebrate your birthday.  I hope you both had a fabulous night.

Misyangel - I’m so chuffed you’ve managed to get a year off work too!! Your right, having to tell an employer you’ve got to go off for jabs every 3 weeks would be a pain.  All the very best with jab number 2! I hope the hospital have now confirmed that they’re coming tomorrow - if not I’m sure you’ll chase them πŸ™‚

Rosie - glad to hear everything’s healing well πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Enjoy your lunch with your friends!!

Ruth - I never had cold cap, but did have a sore/sensitive head on FEC and had my hair cut very short (skinhead) It made my head less sensitive, once off FEC my head was ok.  Hair fell out, had less than 10% left, switched to PTH and hair started to regrow.  I took a photo at the end of FEC then one after PTH to see how much hair regrowth I was getting - surprisingly by Christmas I’ll have double this length πŸ‘πŸ»

Highlighted

Trisha - like everyone on here, I’m sending you love and hugs πŸ€—I’m so sorry to hear about your mum.  Life’s cruel.  I hope you’ve plenty of support at your end too xx

Treehouse - so glad to hear your off that noisy ward and got your own room... with a window πŸ‘πŸ» You have undoubtedly perked up since the move with is great!!!! Good luck with your ultrasound and I have everything crossed for your valve being in a lot better shape than you expect.  Great news about your pic line being in too - such a relief I bet.  I didnt have one so no hot tips from me I’m afraid, I had a portacath put in after my first treatment. I need to check in a bit more regularly, there’s so much going on with you at the minute bless you πŸ€’πŸ˜΄πŸ˜·πŸ‘¨β€βš•οΈπŸŒ³πŸ₯πŸšΏπŸ›Œ

Mai - Yes I had vertigo 2 years ago.  Apparently I’m either susceptible to it, or it’s one of the β€˜rare side effects’ of Taxol.  Well done on pushing through on you Physio exercises! πŸ’ͺ🏼

Highlighted
Community Champion

Well done Treehouse on having the Picc line done - hooray to no more needles or canulars for you x  

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ultrasound, predictive text...
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Well done wolfee in 3rd rad, how are you finding them?and treehouse well done getting pic line in, ❀️❀️❀️For inlet sound this afternoon πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Highlighted

Sorry got cut off! For picc line covers try sleeksleeves.com. I had two in different colours, if you order them online they come within a couple of days. Comfy, washable, easy, and it looks like the things that sporty types wear to keep the phone in while running. Quite pricey but good. Don't bother with the even more expensive ones from livebetter that have a little viewing window, it's a complete waste of money.
Highlighted

Oh Trisha, my heart aches for you. I know nothing I can say will make you feel any better but be assured that we are all here for you anytime you need to offload.

Treehouse - well done on the picc line, they didn’t manage to get mine in so can’t offer any advice, but I’m sure there’s plenty of people who can. Got everything crossed for your ultrasound today.

You’re getting through them WolfEE, every day taking you closer to the end of rads. Well done.

Been to have my dressings changed today and all is healing well, friends are due any minute on their lunch hour and bringing a take away CostaπŸ˜‹

Sounds like you’re recovering well from your op Tatyana, make the most of not being able to do much, at least we have a very good excuse.

Highlighted

Treehouse, they gave me a plastic sleeve, you pull it up carefully over the picc, it grips firmly to make a watertight seal on your upper arm and the other end around your forearm. Not very comfy but you can shower without worry. Then pat the cover dry before you remove it, so as not to get any water on your picc dressing. It's fiddly at first but loosens up and gets easier after a while.

For everyday picc line covers
Highlighted

Trisha. I don’t even know what I can say right now that could possibly help. But know I’m thinking of you xxxxxxx be strong
Highlighted

Covers and showering advice please ladies x x x
Was not expecting it till tomorrow
Highlighted

Well done treehouse! Lots of saline flushes coming your way, but no needles. Your poor veins will be so grateful.
Highlighted

Picc line is in!!!!!
No more needles or canulars πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ˜€
Highlighted

Jay, I used Aveeno. Hospital recommended using cream you have used before so you know your skin won't react and to keep it in the fridge to help your skin cool. I took it with me so could apply it straight after. X
Highlighted

Morning all. Just waiting on my 3rd rad zapping. So catching up on what eveyone has been up2 xx
Highlighted

Treehouse, good luck with your ultrasound. At least soon you will know where you stand. Hang on in there!
Highlighted

Trisha, so sorry about your mum. Sending you love and hugs. It's not much but what else can we do.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Mai - well done on your experience at Yo Sushi school - neither me or my Husband are keen on sushi - but our son at 14 loves it!

When's your follow up with the surgeon? it must be fairly soon.

Highlighted

Trish sending big hugs,  but you know you tried with your mum and what else could you have done.  You have been through an awful time yourself this year

Treehouse you really are a warrior Heart

Highlighted
Community Champion

Ahh Trisha - I'm sorry to hear the sad news of your Mum. 5 years later I still wish I could hear my Mum's voice one more time - that feeling is perfectly normal. Thinking of you and take comfort that she is in a better place. We're here for you don't forget that xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good luck Treehouse - you're in my thoughts today and I wish you every ounce of good luck my lovely xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning Katie, my 15 sessions of rads start this Wednesday at 13.22 - very precise time!!

Indeed Wolfee, how are they going?  Are you using any moisturising lotions?  

Katie, did you use any moisturing lotions at all?  As you can guess, I'm doing preliminary research!  x

Highlighted

Good luck today treehouse.

How's rads going Wolfee?

Has anyone else started rads yet? Jay when do you start? X
Highlighted

Big hugs Trish xxx
Highlighted

Thank you Girls and big HUGS to Treehouse xoxo
Highlighted

Trisha so sorry to hear about your loss of your mum πŸ’–
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse 😘😘😘❀️❀️❀️Big hug of love wrapped round you lovely and the πŸ‘ΎπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘ΉπŸ€–πŸ‘ΎπŸ‘ΎπŸ‘ΉπŸ€–and mai’s bug eating fishes doing their job ready for ultrasound this afternoon. Please let us know how you get on πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•βœ¨πŸ’•βœ¨πŸ’•shi xx
Highlighted

Nil by mouth since midnight. I have a tube down my throat to ultrasound heart from inside at 1:30
Then we get to see th infection and find out how damaged my valve is.
πŸ˜¬πŸ˜™πŸ˜ž
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Trisha, 😘😘😘very sorry to hear of the loss of your mum. Sending you big hugs and ❀️❀️❀️Shi xx
Highlighted

Oh Trish just woken up to your news. I am so sorry.
Sending hugs.
I’m not even going to try to say something.... you don’t want to hear platitudes right now. You are allowed all emotions at the moment.
We are here for you x xπŸ˜₯
Highlighted

Thankyou Raitchir xx
Highlighted

Oh Trisha I am so sorry to hear about your Mum. You have had such a hard time with chemo and everything else going on in your life and now this. Sending you love and hugs lovely lady, we are all here for you. 

❀ Heather x

Highlighted

Have spent the last 18 hours, either howling or being angry. My mum died yesterday and Ive not seen her for 3 years. Lived in South of France. We used to exchange emails every day and then she stopped. Right about the time I started chemo (May) Her husband has called me every day (my step father) dont know what more I can say, she is in a better place, just wish I could have heard her voice one more time, I tried and tried xx

Highlighted

Thanks for the tips re eyes Mai I had some drops off GP but they are not helping I looked on the link you posted and they look better actually as they give a film the cool flannel will be tried
tatanya sorry to hear you mother has it too x it's such a cruel illness I know she's in there somewhere and hope she did get some comfort from Ella she's her first Great Great Grandchild and it's so sad she doesn't realise x
Highlighted

Hi Michelle, can't advise you with the dry eyes as I've had the opposite problem with streaming eyes. Probably the same reason, lack of eyelashes to protect your eyes from the elements. Wear sunglasses when you go out, and maybe try taking antihistamine tablets like loratidine (Clarityn), this helps with dry sore itchy eyes caused by hayfever, so perhaps it might help you.

So sad about your nana, yes it is such a cruel disease. I hope she did at least get a bit of pleasure from being with the baby. My elderly mom is also gradually losing her grip on the real world, it is so distressing.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Mishy, sorry to hear about your Nana, Alzheimer's is a very cruel disease. πŸ’— yes most of us suffered with dry and/or sore eyes during Docetaxol. I think it's a combination of the cell death on the skin and loss of lashes which causes a lot of irritation.  I used the following product: (a cold damp flannel also helps reduce inflammation)

https://www.chemist.co.uk/viscotears-liquid-gel-for-dry-eyes.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0aP0gbLd1wIVir3t...

Highlighted

Evening ladies Treehouse I'm really happy you have a side room and you can get some proper sleep the picc line after all the chemo 😣 but it will save your poor veins from being prodded and poked
Question for you ladies did any of you suffer from really sore dry eyes they are bothered really dry but my right one is sore and itchy not the eyeball the lower lid my eyes are very red the tear ducts sting and even the eye drops the doc gave me sting they aren't gunky or anything just really dry
Any advice I'm on the other side of my last chemo now nearly 4 weeks I'm having to resist not rubbing
I suppose having no lashes doesn't help matters
Been a busy day had nana over at aunts to meet the baby she has very advanced alzheiemers and now lives in a care home, I got really upset as she seems so gone away from us now she had her eyes closed the whole time when the baby cried there was a little flicker of something so sad it's a horrible cruel illness
Highlighted

Thanks again ladies for sharing your experiences. β™₯️
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘night night treehouse, sleep well lovely πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•shi xx
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks mai, that sounds perfect and a skill I’d like to have, roll on march as long as I get no delays. 😘😘shi xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Shi, it was great and yes, they explain how to cook the rice and they demo different rolls and you make your own then they show you how to cut it up and they cut it all up for you and you take home what you made. 

https://yosushi.com/sushi-school

Hope you had a good weekend.  Xx

Best wishes to everyone with treatments and appointments for the week ahead. πŸ’—βœ¨

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad you’ve had a great morning mai, i’ll Get the details off you for that please as something I’d like to do after chemos done, did they teach you how to cut everything up and roll everything? Love shi xx😘😘
Highlighted
Community Champion

Ruth, I cold capped for FEC 1 but still lost quite a bit of hair so didn't bother with it again. Same as Heather, I got a buzz cut to stop the pain. I had 4 FEC and still didn't lose all of my hair. It went very thin with a bald patch on top and started to grow back once I switched to Docetaxol but then I lost my brows and lashes! You can't have it all! 

Treehouse, glad to hear things are a bit quieter and calmer and you managed 3 hrs uninterrupted sleep. Here  is a particularly nasty shoal of fish to swim right in the heart of the infection and chomp it away 🐠🐟🐑🐠🐟🐑🐠🐟🐑🐑🐠🐟🐑🐠🐟 and then they pass it to the very nasty scorpions so it never comes back πŸ¦‚πŸ¦‚πŸ¦‚πŸ¦‚πŸ¦‚πŸ¦‚πŸ¦‚

We just had an awesome morning out at Yo Sushi school. It was such a lot of fun making and eating it. Definitely recommend it to anyone who likes sushi. 🍣🍣🍣

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse, tatyana 😘😘😘glad you are both enjoying bit of Michael McIntyre that youngster who sang last night was brilliant wasn’t he. Treehouse glad mai and I didn’t have to resort to coming and giving your new bangers a pull 😁😁😁and you are keeping us up to speed on how you are doing lovely πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Highlighted

Lol, treehouse! good thing you checked! Roll on picc day, it will make your life much easier.
I watched Michael MacIntyre last night, this was probably a mistake only two days after surgery. I laughed until...ouch!
Went to the supermarket today, feel quite pleased with myself, maybe not the most exciting first post-op outing, but it was nice to see some humans not wearing white coats or blue uniforms. Hubby did the heavy lifting (a jar coffee is heavy at the moment!). Brain felt fuzzy, but that quite often happens in the supermarket anyway. And it was a bit more fun than yesterday's outing to A&E!
Highlighted

Surviving on audio books and Michael McIntyre on you tube. Veins agony. I asked nurse to slow the pump. From 30 to 45 mins. I was pain free and doing well . Checked the pump. Only another 44 hours 25 mins to go( bag still full) oops πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚