Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2017 chemo starters

Mishy18

Re: May 2017 chemo starters

Really happy to hear you are close to your family now treehouse 💖
treehouse

That’s great Annie so many of you are finishing the next phase. I know we never feel like it’s over but it does get further behind you.
My story is too complicated now.
I really cannot be bothered to explain what is wrong when people ask now. It’s too much effort to go into if they are just being polite.

They then shut up because it puts a whole different perspective on any problems.

Not sure who or what has got it in for me but I beat cancer and survive open heart surgery. Now jog on and give me a break.

Or I will start getting nasty
katie11

Morning all, well done anniea! Put your feet up and rest honey xx

Fab news treehouse. Xxx

Boys have finished school now so busy lol! Went to see Paddington yesterday which I really enjoyed and off trampolining today!

Hope you all have lovely day xx
tatyana

Treehouse, I hope you've arrived safely in Worcester by now and that they've got you a nice bed, preferably in your own room. I expect you'll be pretty tired after the journey. But hey, you'll be within range of the family in time for Christmas. You pulled it off! All those dances obviously did the trick. 💃
AnnieA

Well ladies today I went for my mark up for my 5 booster rads, after completely my 15 standard. On being seen by my oncologist he’s decided the skin isn’t doing great so I’m not to have the boosters. Therefore that’s my active treatment now all finished. Just in time to enjoy Christmas with my little ones xx
Jay68
Community Champion

Hi Mai lovely to hear you're keeping busy but don't go overdoing it my lovey - the rads do build up, taking it easy from the start I'm sure helps.

When asked, I positively say "had" cancer, as I'm proudly done with active treatment - still feeling the side effects of it and will be for some considerable time. Herceptin injections continuing but they're nothing compared to the other treatments I've been through. Regular heart scans and onc appointments to keep me under close surveilance.
Jay68
Community Champion

Hey Treehouse - this news is fantastic..... whoop whoop - safe journey xxx
treehouse

Sitting in a hospital taxi 🚕 ready to return to Worcester hospital 😄😄😄😄😄
Mai7
Community Champion

Hi Ladies, I've been busy like a busy thing! Went on work Christmas meal yesterday, work conference today and then rads no.2 this afternoon.  Got the breath hold nailed now. I have to raise my rib cage by exactly 1.1cm each time. I bumped into a couple of people at the conference that I haven't seen since before my diagnosis. Telling people you had cancer is a bit of a conversation killer though! They don't stick around long after that announcement! (I still don't know whether to say had or have. Does anyone else feel like that? I think the fact that I am on medication for 5years to try and stop it coming back makes me feel that I have the disease still)  I'm having a veg-out night tonight as I'm pretty tired.  

Treehouse, lovely to hear you are getting to see your family today.  Let's hope they get you at least closer to home soon. Xx

Heather, glad you had your bestie with you at work. It must be like having a new job again after being away but I'm sure the feeling won't last! 

Jay68
Community Champion

Well done Heather on your time in work.

I went back into work today - for just my usual 2 hours. Now for just over 2 weeks off for Christmas holidays! Time to put my feet up and rest....!
WolfEE

Just saying a quick hello 👋 I’ll catch up in bed tonight. X
Raitchr

Well done Jay68 for finishing, another one across the finishing line and everyone close behind!

Had my 3rd 3hr morning at work. Got a lot done today despite my bestie moving to sit next to me and constantly chatting. I really need to concentrate on what I am doing as it all feels new to me again despite doing the job for 8 years, used to be able to do it with my eyes closed! Back in again next Weds for 3 hrs then start phased in January.

Enjoy your time with your children Treehouse, they will be so relieved to see you too. Nothing beats a squishy, kissy hug with your children ❤ 💋 Hoping you get moved PDQ!!

Heather x

Jay68
Community Champion

Misy - once again, it would appear the herceptin affects us slightly differently - with me I get aching thighs and joints (mainly knee) for the week following injection - too much of anything makes the aches worse - so it's basically a case of being sensible and listening to what the body says.  I sometimes get a little sniffle for a couple of days, similar to if you've got a cold coming on - but nothing transpires.  But as I say, that's me, we're all different!  

I do have very slight pins and needles in my finger tips - not all the time but I think that's the chemo as I also have a little numbness in some toes too.

I have a friend who's on herceptin injections too and she has basically the same effects but also gets nasty cold sores around her mouth and nose.

I've now had 5 and nothing new has occurred after each one.  We have one nurse in our unit who does manage to provide a little wasp like sting once the needle is removed - we're not sure why as all the others don't make it happen - very strange!! 

Good luck with yours.

misyangel

Treehouse really hope they move you back to worcester, enjoy seeing your boys today 🙂
misyangel

Jay talking about side effect for herceptin as well as hormones
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse 😘😘have some lovely cuddles and doing a 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻to hope you get good news that you can be moved closer to home today too darling 💕💕shi xx
katie11

Well done Jay you made it past the finish finish line. So pleased you got your Christmas wish x

Treehouse, you're up next for Christmas wishes , hoping you will get yours enjoy the day with your family x

Hope everyone else doing well xxxx

Jay68
Community Champion

Treehouse - I wish for nothing more my love x

What an emotional visit you're going to have - hug them, squeeze them (gently) and tell them you love them - lots of times xxx

Come on guys this lady needs to get closer to home - can we all phone through and make the request....???!!! x
treehouse

❣ thank you Jay x x x x x
First day of school holiday and husband is bringing boys to visit. Can’t wait to see them.
Have already been sobbing on the nurses this morning pushing them to make calls.
Husband is contacting Worcester himself as a sympathy case.
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞😘😘
So glad I can moan to you all x
Jay68
Community Champion

Misy - are you asking about herceptin injections and side effects or the hormone treatment?
Jay68
Community Champion

Thanks ladies for all your good wishes on my final rads yesterday.

It really was an emotional day - I'm just so thankful that my summer wish came true - I so wanted all "active treatment" to be completed by Christmas and for me personally this happened yesterday - I feel so privaledged and happy - no words can explain.

Yesterday's rads were slightly different - nothing to do with the actual treatment - but I finally got to talk to my estranged Uncle (who I noticed last week driving away from the unit).  He's my late Mum's eldest brother and through no fault of either of us - we only communicate if we see each other - but he's special to me in a funny kind of way - looks just like my Mum and my late Grandad - and when I was born, we lived with my grandparents and my Uncle made an absolute fool of me apparently!  Anyhow, it turns out he's having rads for prostate cancer - went to the Dr's in May - wasn't feeling unwell and suffering no symptoms - just ran a routine blood test - found slightly higher levels of PSA than expected in a man of his age (75ish) and few months later diagnosed.  So ladies as well as checking ourselves, it is extremely important for our men folk to get their PSA's checked.  My Dad did about 7 years ago, had high PSA - diagnosed with prostate cancer - no treatment necessary as so small but he's under surveliance every 6 months - really worth getting it checked out.

Well apart from all that my one wish now is for Treehouse to get nearer to home for Christmas - so she can have her Husband and boys visit her and feel closer to all those who love her.  Of course we love you Treehouse - but we're only virtual until our meet up next year....!!  xxx

tatyana

Misyangel, as far as I remember, the hot flushes started within days, but it's a long time ago! Good luck, and it's good that you will have time to get used to it before going back to work.
misyangel

Tatyana yes it is zoladex, I will only be having it for a couple of months as they are hoping to get my ovaries removed Feb/march time but he said having my overaies removed was defo best option rather than staying on this injection. It bloody hurt though when they put the implant in, I was lucky as I have my herceptin at home and the nurse did it today along side that.  I don't suppose you remember how quick the side effects started after first injection by any chance?. I am lucky as I am not working at the moment  I was laid off prior to diagnosis so I am hoping to have a year off or at least until my herceptin finishes which is next august and don't fancy starting a new job with all the possible side effect when people don't know you.  Thanks for the tips will get a bigger handbag to keep these things In at all times ☺️

tatyana

Oh Treehouse. I hope they get you there. Have you considered enlisting Santa? A team of reindeer could get you there in no time, surely! I've got everything crossed for you.

treehouse

So no move today.
My consultant is not in today so they will try again tomorrow. I went mad saying what if she is off for the week!?!
I suggested they Ask to talk to another consultant.
They eventually did. I have been accepted as a returning patient so just need to wait for a bed.
Really not getting my hopes up for being back by Christmas 🎄
tatyana

Reading that back, I obviously shouldn't have said "every method known to man."  Known to WOMAN!!!! No, ladies, when it comes to the menopause, men haven't got a clue. Sad but true.

tatyana

Hi Misy, is it Zoladex that you will be having, or similar? I had this for two years at the time of my first cancer, when I was pre-menopausal. The bad news is, yes, it does mean you go slap bang into menopausal symptoms, faster than tamoxifen, but the point is that it's more effective for people in our situation, so it's worth it. Personally I did have hot flushes, and there's nothing good to be said about that, but you can cope by using every method known to man: Lightweight cotton layered clothes, bedclothes that you can easily fling off and fling on again, carry water with you at all times to drink but also a little perfume spritzer full of plain water to spray all over yourself, avoid coffee and alcohol if you can, always sit by a window that can be opened if possible, I'm sure there are some more things that will come back to me or other ladies will suggest! At work or at home, insist on your right to fling the window open or go outside for a few moments to cool off, if other people are too cold they can jolly well put an extra jumper on!

I honestly didn't have any other side effects from these injections, it can affect your bones (osteoporosis) but obviously your doctors have already got that covered so you don't have to worry about that. It sounds like you've got a great oncologist!

misyangel

Yay treehouse doing the dance to get you home

I have been to see oncologist today ready for rads and because I am having ovaries out they have booked me in to have an injection to stop my ovaries from working until I have the op, I also am starting anastrozole he said this was about 1% better than tamoxifen.. My normal oncologist was off sick still so I saw the stand in and he was amazing. He has also booked me In to have an injection every 6 months for bones.  Will start radiation in new year.  For ladies that are on herceptin have you had the 💩.  Also been told I will now be having four weeks rads rather than three.

mai great news that you have completed first rads

Jay 🔔🔔🔔 well done on finishing rads 🌈💫❤️

Also have any ladies that's are premenopausal had any menopause symptoms with me now having this injection It will force me into menopause, even those chemo can put us in menopause I really worry about side effects of menopause 

tatyana

Treehouse, this is you on your way back closer to home

Image result for images dorothy on yellow brick road

and this is us lot doing the dance to get you there:

Image result for images dorothy on yellow brick road

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mai, your 💩💩💩 is moonlighting again 😁😁😁💕💕shi xx
Raitchr

My son received this Christmas card and I thought it was very suitable for us!P_20171219_104551.jpg

Mai7
Community Champion

First rads done ladies! It was was easy.
Treehouse, thank duckety quacking duckety duck for that! I am dancing like a dancing queen on steroids and redbull for you to get home soon my lovely. 👠👠 xxx
Jay, congrats on your last rads and completing the triathlon. You must be relieved. 💥🎉🎉
Daffodil54

Great news, Treehouse.

And Jay,

Hope all good with rads Mai.

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse getting moved closer to home, jay final rads and mai starting rads, good day 😘😘😘tatyana ❤️❤️❤️You got that perfect, unless you have been on this journey yourself people really have no idea or understanding of all the facets that this journey has, thank God for all of you and being able to share everything with ladies who fully understand 😘😘love you all 💕💕shi xx
Rosie65

Yay great news treehouse, one step closer to home and will be 💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃 all day to get you back home for Christmas 🎄🎁🎉

Good luck for last rads Jay and hope all goes well for your first Mai. Enjoy your  Christmas lunch, hope all the buses turn up on time🚎🚎🚎🚌🚌🚌

Mishy18

Mai good luck for first rads
Well done for last rads Jay celebrations time 🔔
Mishy18

💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💖💖💖💖💖🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟for you Treehouse and your family 😊👠
Theres no place like home x
Raitchr

Brilliant news Treehouse!

My hips are a hurting from doing the Treehouse dance to get you moved closer to home. Just being closer will be the best medicine for you!!

Good luck for the first and last rads ladies! Hugs to everyone else.

Last day of the going off at 06.10 for 2 weeks!!

❤ Hx

Jay68
Community Champion

Mai - sending lots of positve good luck wishes for today's first treatment - it'll be over before you know it and you honestly won't feel nor see a thing!  Enjoy your Christmas meal xxx

Jay68
Community Champion

Thank you ladies for your support - today is my FINAL RADS - Yippeeeeee!   

Get Treehouse closer to home and then we can all be ready for Christmas...! xxxx

Jay68
Community Champion

Whoop Whoop - fantastic news Treehouse!  I'm dancing and dancing YAY!  Put on your ruby slippers and skip... follow the yellow brick road.... cos we're off to see the Wizard....  the wonderful Wizard of Worcester...!  x

treehouse

They are happy for me to be transferred back to Worcester. Everyone do a get me home 🏠 dance 💃 for the Christmas holidays.
Day 9 post surgery. Day 15 without seeing my kids.
Ruby slippers time folks
WolfEE

Jay - last one today 😀
tatyana

Jay good luck with last rads, Mai good luck with first!
Heather, thanks for that sentence, I'm stealing it from now on.
Treehouse, thank you for being you.
And as for grey hair being cool... A couple of years (lifetimes) ago when I decided to stop dyeing mine and had it cut very short, my hairdresser said I was channeling Judi Dench. My answer then was the same as now: I wish I had her bone structure to go with it! (Same goes for bald/crewcut and Sinead O'Connor.) Dream on!
Andi71

Jay -  Final rads tomorrow!!! 👍🏻😃 Another milestone hit!! 

Andi71

Mai - I guess it’s the Tamoxifen then giving you those side effects 😬 I’ll be honest I’m in two minds about taking it.  I want to have a thorough chat with my oncologist before taking it.  It seems the UK is for it and the US isn’t.  So I want her to tell me why this is. It’s mainly HER2 patients who they differ with.  Will report back 👍🏻

Andi71

Heather - Well done on the whole shopping and getting ready for Christmas.  Yes grey hair is in.  My 18 year old said I’ll be more ‘cool’ if I don’t dye mine.  Hmmm, not convinced!😉😂 I know what I see in my mirror!

I agree with the Moving On course.  I’ve started to be a little more honest today to colleagues about how I am.

Andi71

Treehouse - with us all you ever need to do is say it how it is.  Just be you lovey.  🙂

Andi71

Tatyana - yes totally agree on the old Omeprazole.  Once I’ve got my acid reflux under control for my operation I’ll be stopping it and switching to just Gaviscon.

Andi71

Tatyana - I’m glad you’ve let off steam with us lovey.  It takes more energy making ourselves look ‘normal’ for everyone around us that I just want to whip my headscarf off when I get a hot flush and not Care but never do because I don’t want strangers sympathy.  We are obviously all very mindful of the feelings of those around us - we are a good lot!! 🙂 I hope we all get to lose these side effects from treatment as time goes on.